PDA

View Full Version : New Info Maybe

seemyshadowchanging
04-05-2006, 05:50 PM
I live in Alabama and I talked to a radio staion today that said he would have the Vicarious single on the air Monday after 3 pm cental standard time. I do not know the legitimicy of this person , he just told me that he would have the single on Monday, and that he would play it on the air on the same day. I believe this station has a connection on the internet so if I hear any other news I will link this stations web site to everyone if it is true. He also said that the track was 7mins and 23 secs long, if anyone else has heard anything else similar on their staions please respond.

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
As someone who works in radio I can tell you this...don't believe our marketing babel.

Chris_Brightwell
04-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Where in AL?

phreak03
04-05-2006, 06:01 PM
what station is this?

seemyshadowchanging
04-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Where in AL?
i live in cullman

seemyshadowchanging
04-05-2006, 06:06 PM
what station is this?
its called 95.1 the rocket

jackfriday
04-05-2006, 06:07 PM
i live in b'ham
"what fucking staion"?

edit:my bad

Zeal_Love
04-05-2006, 06:08 PM
I only see monday mentioned not any date, the 17th is a monday.

seemyshadowchanging
04-05-2006, 06:09 PM
I only see monday mentioned not any date, the 17th is a monday.
sorry he meant the 10th

Zeal_Love
04-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Maybe he said monday to you because he knew you would assume next monday then he could hype it up without lying.

seemyshadowchanging
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Maybe he said monday to you because he knew you would assume next monday then he could hype it up without lying.
could be but he said he would be playing it on the air the 10th.

Zeal_Love
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
If he actually said the 10th then there is hope:)

Chris_Brightwell
04-05-2006, 06:18 PM
its called 95.1 the rocketHaha I was actually at their new studio today.

Their DJs piss me off.

seemyshadowchanging
04-05-2006, 06:21 PM
If he actually said the 10th then there is hope:)
he did say the 10th but he also mentioned that they could not play an edited version of the song due to some stipulations by either the band or the record company sayingf that they would pull it from the air.the number to the station is 256-534-9595 for anyone that wants to call and ask this dj about this.he is on the air around 3.00 pm central standard time and his name is jimbo woods or something like that.please everyone call and maybe he will put it on the air sooner than later if possible

hellboy1975
04-05-2006, 06:28 PM
please everyone call and maybe he will put it on the air sooner than later if possible

Yeah let's piss them off and flood their switch boards. That'll sure make them play it early.....

seemyshadowchanging
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah let's piss them off and flood their switch boards. That'll sure make them play it early.....
never know just a thought

lucydog
04-05-2006, 06:52 PM
the DJs here are idiots too. they have know idea what they are talking about.
once the lady on the morning show said shes "glad she doesnt live in Norwegia."

tempathy
04-05-2006, 07:19 PM
have you ever BEEN to norwegia? don't make fun of her for being glad she's not from there. she knows whats up.

Winner
04-05-2006, 07:41 PM
It's much worse in Norwegia than Swedia or Finlania.

insaner
04-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Haha I was actually at their new studio today.

Their DJs piss me off.

if im not mistaken my friend chase's dad used to own that joint.

insaner
04-05-2006, 08:27 PM
he did say the 10th but he also mentioned that they could not play an edited version of the song due to some stipulations by either the band or the record company sayingf that they would pull it from the air.the number to the station is 256-534-9595 for anyone that wants to call and ask this dj about this.he is on the air around 3.00 pm central standard time and his name is jimbo woods or something like that.please everyone call and maybe he will put it on the air sooner than later if possible

haha jimbo woods, not in a million years did i think i would hear that name on this board.

he is actually a complete tool, so i guess its on topic. at least he does attempt to push some local acts even though he is a clear channel whore.

Semp
04-06-2006, 04:39 AM
You americans have no idea of the horror that is UK radio. It takes innane to a whole new level of vapid idiocy.

Nebel
04-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Why after 3pm central time? I hope this is true..

electribe1
04-06-2006, 05:00 AM
You americans have no idea of the horror that is UK radio. It takes innane to a whole new level of vapid idiocy.

nigga please...i grew up in West Virginia, ok? they barely even have FM there. If you can pick up the opera station you are lucky. when I moved to Philly I thought it was going to be soooo much better...I dont think that anymore. Radio here is just a rediculous as it is everywhere else...radio is dead.

Dogzilla
04-06-2006, 06:44 AM
nigga please...i grew up in West Virginia, ok? they barely even have FM there. If you can pick up the opera station you are lucky. when I moved to Philly I thought it was going to be soooo much better...I dont think that anymore. Radio here is just a rediculous as it is everywhere else...radio is dead.

My cure for living in Radio Hell:

WWW.XMRadio.com

Worth every penny.

phreak03
04-06-2006, 06:47 AM
or you can listen to www.chronixradio.com for free

blair's man sausage
04-06-2006, 06:51 AM
haha jimbo woods, not in a million years did i think i would hear that name on this board.

he is actually a complete tool, so i guess its on topic. at least he does attempt to push some local acts even though he is a clear channel whore.

jimbo woods is a perfect name for an AL dj....

Madklikor
04-06-2006, 08:04 AM
He also said that the track was 7mins and 23 secs long, if anyone else has heard anything else similar on their staions please respond.

Andy King wrote "Track 1 (7min 3sec)". I always thought there was a number missing... it was a 2.

Semp
04-06-2006, 08:59 AM
omg 23!!!!!!

svet-am
04-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I live in Alabama and I talked to a radio staion today that said he would have the Vicarious single on the air Monday after 3 pm cental standard time. I do not know the legitimicy of this person , he just told me that he would have the single on Monday, and that he would play it on the air on the same day. I believe this station has a connection on the internet so if I hear any other news I will link this stations web site to everyone if it is true. He also said that the track was 7mins and 23 secs long, if anyone else has heard anything else similar on their staions please respond.

Where in Alabama are you? I live in Tuscaloosa and know several of the DJs in this area (including Birmingham). I'm originally from the MS Coast and know a lot of radio folks in the Biloxi-Mobile-Pensacola area. If you live in one of these areas, I *might* be able to score a hook-up and get access to stuff if they plan on airing it that soon.

seemyshadowchanging
04-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Where in Alabama are you? I live in Tuscaloosa and know several of the DJs in this area (including Birmingham). I'm originally from the MS Coast and know a lot of radio folks in the Biloxi-Mobile-Pensacola area. If you live in one of these areas, I *might* be able to score a hook-up and get access to stuff if they plan on airing it that soon.
I live in cullman this radio station is in huntsville

Chris_Brightwell
04-07-2006, 08:51 AM
No DJ is going to lose his job and get his/her station SUED over making some anonymous fanboy happy by playing a song before it's allowed to be aired.Jimbo Wood is the program director for WRTT.