PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious b-sides?

Micky
04-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Do you think there will be any b-sides for the single? Or maybe it will be an enhanced cd-rom with the video for the song? That would be class, I presume that it's surely gonna be the only new song on the cd.

What were on the other Tool singles? I never bought any

magnolia
04-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Do you think there will be any b-sides for the single? Or maybe it will be an enhanced cd-rom with the video for the song? That would be class, I presume that it's surely gonna be the only new song on the cd.

If you're lucky you'll get a 30-minute Lustmord remix and a line of meth to keep you awake during it.

oneredflag
04-05-2006, 02:52 PM
There may or may not be a hard copy of the Vicarious "single", may only go to radio outlets ect.

Micky
04-05-2006, 03:05 PM
There may or may not be a hard copy of the Vicarious "single", may only go to radio outlets ect.

Really? Fuck man, in that case I won't be hearing it at all I'd say. Radio in Ireland is absolutely woeful. I've never once heard a Tool song on any national station, maybe I'll get it on the internet then

HolyReality
04-05-2006, 03:15 PM
His "remixes" of Parabol/Parabola and Schism sucked brokeback nuts!!!
this is true.

oneredflag
04-05-2006, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Quantum]LMFAO!!! I'm not alone!!!!!
His "remixes" of Parabol/Parabola and Schism sucked brokeback nuts!!![/QUO

True they were a tad dry.....

ATARI
04-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I'd buy it for the meth

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 03:19 PM
You people suck at appreciating noise music. Its some of the best music around today, if you're smart enough to understand it. Lustmord is amazing... not as good as Merbow, but still pretty amazing.

I asked some dude at FYE (CD store) if they would be getting the new single in to buy, and he said that singles were a thing of the past and they wouldn't be getting it, and I was sad :(

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 03:21 PM
There may or may not be a hard copy of the Vicarious "single"

Well shit, that only leaves one more option..................

Anyway, I don't think there will be a single like NIN does. How many were there before Schism and Parabola? I don't really recall any commercial singles.

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Well shit, that only leaves one more option..................

Anyway, I don't think there will be a single like NIN does. How many were there before Schism and Parabola? I don't really recall any commercial singles.
Quite a few, actually. I don't have any of them, but they exist. You can see their pictures in the Toolshed images section.

Looks like they're singles for Sober, Prison Sex, Stinkfist, H., AEnema, and Schism. Then of course theres the Schism/Parabola DVDs and Salival videos.

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Are you joking?
I mean....noise music? IT'S NOISE, BROTHA!!!! No beats, no nothin'.
Bah, whatever. To each his own.
Live long.
... yeah, you very obviously don't get it. Try listening to Burzum... hes kind of noise-oriented, with some other stuff going on. Pretty easy way to get into noise music, anyway.

Goldfoot
Quite a few, actually. I don't have any of them, but they exist. You can see their pictures in the Toolshed images section.

Looks like they're singles for Sober, Prison Sex, Stinkfist, H., AEnema, and Schism. Then of course theres the Schism/Parabola DVDs and Salival videos.

Weren't those just promos?

ATARI
People that didn't like the remixes probably have too short of attention spans to truly enjoy them

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
04-05-2006, 03:26 PM
let's hope for mnop - side

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Okay, I'll give it a try. Never let it be said that I am too set in my ways to try something new.

p.s. Atari, I have a HORRIBLY SHORT.......attention span.
Uh... start with Filosofem. Download the track "Dunkleheit". Its got a bit of noise motifs going on, but its structured.

That, or you could try listening to the album Von by Sigur Ros. Theres definately some noise aspects there. Very underrated album, even by people who like Sigur Ros.

Or you could just jump right into noise music and download something like Sun Baked Snow Cave, by Boris/Merbow. One of the best albums I own...

ladiatia
04-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Any news regarding the video release date?

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Any news regarding the video release date?
April 17th?

hateAliases
04-05-2006, 03:42 PM
LMFAO!!! I'm not alone!!!!!

riiiight

Alex in Chains
04-05-2006, 03:47 PM
People that didn't like the remixes probably have too short of attention spans to truly enjoy them

I think you're making a generalization (and just maybe trying to belittle anyone who doesn't like the same music you do). I have a pretty long attention span. I love to watch three-hour movies and listen to 15- or 20-minute songs. But when the exact same passage is playing for four minutes or -- even worse -- there's nothing but noise for four minutes, it's the sonic equivalent of Last Year at Marienbad, and I want to put my head in the oven.

Away in the sea of red
04-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I've only listened to them once. Nuff said

magnolia
04-05-2006, 05:25 PM
You people suck at appreciating noise music. Its some of the best music around today, if you're smart enough to understand it. Lustmord is amazing... not as good as Merbow, but still pretty amazing.
I didn't say I don't appreciate Lustmord's work.

undeniable dilemma
04-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I live in Georgia and I have heard the following TOOL songs on the radio: Schism, Lateralus, Parabola, Stinkfist, and Opiate.

The song Lateralus skipped the whole section of music from 4:47 - 7:16, so the actual length was 6:58.

Tyson
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Tool won't be releasing the single for public sale idiots.

Dionysus74
04-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Tool won't be releasing the single for public sale idiots.

Actually, they might, but it most likely will be a DVD single like Schism and Parabola, and probably will be released in 4 or 5 years

godhenry
04-05-2006, 06:49 PM

That line of thinking, and the way you phrased it so elegantly, tells me that you're a fan of NIN and probably own all 26-alphabetical sides of everything that Trent Reznor has ever created in the gazillion halos of his obsessively compulsed schizophrenia. No?

Sorry I had to go there ;-)

Shaz
04-05-2006, 07:29 PM
If you're lucky you'll get a 30-minute Lustmord remix and a line of meth to keep you awake during it.

I laughed.
it was a good one.

and i still dont wanna hear the first track to the album before the whole cd comes out.

eh well, maybe i wont...

yeah right.

Carny_Handles
04-05-2006, 09:44 PM

No. I, like Alex, have a very long attention span I have no trouble watching 3-4 hour long documentaries, i'll sit and read for hours on end. With that said the schism and parabola remixes bored the piss out of me. The music was all a huge build up to nothing. Its like trying to masturbate while high on opiates, its frustrating and the end result is, you're left with a half flaccid bleeding penis in your hands.

5th Eye
04-06-2006, 04:24 AM
I really liked the Lustmord remixes, but I think I missed out on the meth.

The single will be all over the Internet; hopefully the video will be too...they're sometimes hard to find for download though.

electribe1
04-06-2006, 05:02 AM
I'd buy it for the meth

I buy it for the Meth...then sell it to get money for MORE meth

smirk
04-06-2006, 05:23 AM
I hope there is a single to buy, I'd pick one up

I thought the remixes were kinda cool, not something I'd listen to all the time but cool in a creepy sort of way

Deoxy_Anomaly
04-06-2006, 06:26 AM
That line of thinking, and the way you phrased it so elegantly, tells me that you're a fan of NIN and probably own all 26-alphabetical sides of everything that Trent Reznor has ever created in the gazillion halos of his obsessively compulsed schizophrenia. No?

Sorry I had to go there ;-)
Schizophrenia produces some amazing music, then, I must say. NIN is the only band left that can produce hard-copy singles that will sell almost as well as the actual CD.
- As for the Lustmord remixes, they were interesting and intriguing but held very little replay value. Unless of course, you DO have a ready supply of methamphetamine sitting next to the strobe-light on your coffee table.
- A hard-copy Tool single is highly doubtful, in my mind.
...probably wouldn't buy one anyway.

debaser1234
04-06-2006, 07:45 AM
man don't listen to that guy who told you to listen to burzum...
it's a bunch of completely dumb neo-nazis who think they are making music by strumming their guitars completely randomly and screaming racist shit
the singer of the band is now in jail because he murdered i don't know who, i think it was like some gay bashing, he fired some churches and he wrote some fucking book about nazism saying jews should all be murdered ... i mean i absolutely don't see what it has to do with noise music, it's just black metal bullshit. i can't see why someone who is supposed to like such a great band as tool can listen to this shitty neo-nazi band.
if you want real big fat noise, listen to swans, to girls against boys and to any steve albini band.

Doylebag
04-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Really? Fuck man, in that case I won't be hearing it at all I'd say. Radio in Ireland is absolutely woeful. I've never once heard a Tool song on any national station, maybe I'll get it on the internet then

haha..you even type all irishey!

dischordance
04-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Anyone who looks down on noise needs to listen to the last fifteen minutes of Merzbow's "Frozen Guitars and Sunloop" from Dharma and try to claim that it's not the most spiritual music ever created.

convolution
04-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Lustmord does not make noise. I'm not trying to defend his music, but it is not noise. Noise is Merzbow, KK Null, Masonna, Otomo Yoshihide, etc. Lustmord is ambient if anything.

Rosette feasted
04-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Noise is Merzbow
I think Merzbow's music can better be described as allwaysthesameshitty-noise.

seemyshadowchanging
04-06-2006, 12:41 PM
LMFAO!!! I'm not alone!!!!!
i agree just way too drawn out bullshit

moneyisevil
04-06-2006, 12:56 PM
lol, agreed

so where can we purchase this single?

edit: also my chances of hearing the new single is slim-to-none unless Tool releases it on their website. The only Rock/Metal station in the NYC area has shut down (KROQ) and they were the only radio station to play "NEW" music. I do however have a Sirius Radio although its only hooked up in my car, and I am very rarely in it. Also I have limited access to the internet now that I dont have a computer. :(

sinister exaggerator
04-09-2006, 08:08 AM

ha ha totally agree with this comment , the lustmord remix` was absoloute gipnog in a bucket

ATARI
04-09-2006, 09:54 AM