PDA

View Full Version : New Track Listing... again?

JuhaDeWolf
04-05-2006, 12:34 PM
From what I understand, members of the Tool Army were given a new track listing...

Album Title: Tool (Self Titled)

1. Symmetrical
2. Inertia
3. Luminesce Kaon
4. Vanity
5. Antediluvian
6. Nevus
7. Paramnesia
8. Hyparxis
9. Mal de Mer
10. Dynasty
11. Idiosyncratic
aaaand, the new single is actually Vanity, track #4.

Sounds like total BS, but who knows?
I personally like these new track names better.

praefector
04-05-2006, 12:35 PM
old and tentatively proven to be false (that is nothing can be "proven" wrong until the album is released)

Cucumber_11
04-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Nothing on ToolArmy about this... and its been around for a while (I believe)

LIES, damn lies.

bass_dude
04-05-2006, 12:39 PM
wasn't this the one that was in that "scan" of an email that was posted and made to look scuffed up?

but i do like the track names, even if they are false. Paramnesia is great :)

Alex

Sketch Soland
04-05-2006, 12:41 PM
yeah, this is from that email scan.

BS

bass_dude
04-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Actually, the more i read that list, the more i wish it was real. I really do like some of those tracknames.

Alex

TurdEye13
04-05-2006, 12:42 PM
I have seen this a few weeks back

toolloot
04-05-2006, 12:43 PM
This is the track listning that didn't have any real words, right?

waffel
04-05-2006, 12:45 PM
why does the new album have to have some gibberish bullshit tracklisting?

JuhaDeWolf
04-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I still have no idea how to pronounce Ænema, or Ænima for that matter.
This tracklisting is cool because half of them are linguistically impossible to say.

czar
04-05-2006, 12:46 PM
This is the track listning that didn't have any real words, right?

Yup... except Symmetrical, Inertia, Luminesce Kaon, Vanity, Antediluvian, Nevus, Paramnesia, Mal de Mer, Dynasty, Idiosyncratic.....

From the sounds of it it seems like you people don't think these are real words... VANITY....DYNASTY.... SYMMETRICAL....IDIOSYNCRATIC... ANTEDILUVIAN.... these are all words you should know by the time you take your SATs.

I am in no way agreeing this is the "new" tracklisting.

toolloot
04-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I still have no idea how to pronounce Ænema, or Ænima for that matter.
This tracklisting is cool because half of them are linguistically impossible to say.

Read the FAQ.

Bogart
04-05-2006, 12:50 PM
I am in Toolarmy, we were never given this tracklisting.

embracingyou
04-05-2006, 02:00 PM
GET OVER IT.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 02:23 PM
TOOL - TOOL

you gotta laugh.

STA
04-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by LUCID DESIGN: http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/rdowd79/?action=view&current=newtool.jpg

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/rdowd79/?action=view&current=owned.jpg

It just never stops being funny.

waffel
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
ask yourself a question:

WHATS THE FUCKING POINT IN LYING ABOUT THE TRACKLISTING, IF THEY DID?

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
wasn't this the one that was in that "scan" of an email that was posted and made to look scuffed up?

but i do like the track names, even if they are false. Paramnesia is great :)

Alex
Haha Seasick (#9 translated) isn't so great though

CallofCthulhu
04-05-2006, 02:37 PM
This tracklisting is 200 times better than 10,000 Days. Maybe I'll just refer to the new album by these names instead of THE POT, SHIT, ETC

JuhaDeWolf
04-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Heh, never saw that email scan before. It's well done, whoever made it.

#9, Mal de Mer, is that in Spanish?
Cause if it means seasick, in Italian it would be Malato del Mar, and those two languages are really close.

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 03:33 PM
This tracklisting is 200 times better than 10,000 Days.

No it's not.

You're just one of those tools (no pun intended) who desire the intellectual masturbation that comes with pondering the meanings of songs with such "deep", "complex", and otherwise "profound" titles consisting of either rarely used English words or words that aren't even English at all.

How is "antediluvian" (a word that means 'before the time period of the bible') a better title than The Pot? Seriously--give me one legitimate reason why it's "better", other than it's more complex-sounding and allows you to feel super cool when you mention it by title to all your friends who listen to pop music.

ATARI
04-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Personally, I'd rather say "The Pot" than "Jerk-Off" but then again

hateAliases
04-05-2006, 03:41 PM
dumb dumb your all dumb wasting your time on this fucked up forum here

ladiatia
04-05-2006, 03:43 PM
It is not Spanish. Probably French.
Anyway I like the 10.000 days titles better.

D-Day_Daddy
04-05-2006, 04:17 PM
You know guys, I LOVE Lateralus. It's my favorate album, but I don't want Lateralus II. 10,000 Days is growing on me, though from all the speculation it seems Lost Keys or the Pot is getting the most attention. This track listing sounds to forced to me as well. It's like someone sat around all night just thinking of Toolish (foolish) names, instead of writting a song and then giving it a name that encompasses the entire peice of music. It's not a matter of if the names sound like Tool, it's a matter of what the final peice of music is. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 04:31 PM
This track listing sounds to forced to me as well. It's like someone sat around all night just thinking of Toolish (foolish) names, instead of writting a song and then giving it a name that encompasses the entire peice of music. It's not a matter of if the names sound like Tool, it's a matter of what the final peice of music is.

How do you have ANY earthly idea whether or not the titles represent the "entire piece of music" when you haven't heard a single song or even a single lyric??

Seriously, this logic pervades these boards and it is absolutely mind-boggling. How can you assess a song title as being "poor" when you have no idea what context it's in and no idea what it's supposed to represent in relation to the song?

D-Day_Daddy
04-05-2006, 04:56 PM
See you didn't get what I was getting at. What I ment is there is no such thing as a Toolish name. It's what the song represents. I mean look at Lateralus: very deep, very spirtual. But it also had titles like Ticks and Leeches and the Grudge. But every name is mystic in this list, except maybe Vanity. I suspect that this was due to the one who created it knew there was a V name and couldn't come up with one more elusive in meaning.

And just for your information, I have no idea what the songs sound like, but I am pretty well certain that the names fit each and every one. Could any of you come up with a better name for any of the prior songs? I mean when I saw the name Hooker with a Penis I was like , "WHAT?!" If you guys don't like the names of these tracks now, wait untill you hear the songs, and than you'll be "Wow, The Pot, Wow."

So stop assuming that I don't know what I'm talking about you friggin Tex-ass

a_sirian_in_agony
04-05-2006, 05:20 PM
this could be tool's black album...

JuhaDeWolf
04-05-2006, 05:24 PM
this could be tool's black album...
It's like... how much more black could this be?
And the answer is none... none more black.

magnolia
04-05-2006, 05:36 PM
If you read the scans of the GW interview with Adam Jones, he talks about the band's stance on making music, and the length of time between albums. He says they leave music alone, then come back into it fresh, having not jammed for years. Brand new ideas, and that's why the albums have differed so greatly so far. Now why on earth would anyone think that they're going to release Lateralus II? Do you really think that they've been writing the same Lateralus-era material over and over for 5 years straight? This track-list is so eerily reminiscent of Lateralus titles that it would be a HUGE mistake, and disgusting move on their part to use anything like it. As much as I don't currently like the OFFICIAL titles, I know they'll make sense when I hear the music, and I accept them as TRUE. I remember avoiding the track "Hooker With a Penis" for the longest time because I was young, naive, and thought it would be a terrible track, based on the name alone. Now I love the name. It obviously suits the song perfectly. As much as we all love Lateralus' titles, and find them inventive... I believe in the current crappy track-listing, but also look forward to how they suit the actual songs (which will not sound like Lateralus material).

*imagining "Wings For Marie" as extremely heavy, it being awesome, and me shitting my pants*

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 05:38 PM
See you didn't get what I was getting at. What I ment is there is no such thing as a Toolish name. It's what the song represents. I mean look at Lateralus: very deep, very spirtual. But it also had titles like Ticks and Leeches and the Grudge. But every name is mystic in this list, except maybe Vanity. I suspect that this was due to the one who created it knew there was a V name and couldn't come up with one more elusive in meaning.

And just for your information, I have no idea what the songs sound like, but I am pretty well certain that the names fit each and every one. Could any of you come up with a better name for any of the prior songs? I mean when I saw the name Hooker with a Penis I was like , "WHAT?!" If you guys don't like the names of these tracks now, wait untill you hear the songs, and than you'll be "Wow, The Pot, Wow."

So stop assuming that I don't know what I'm talking about you friggin Tex-ass

I misunderstood you and thought you were talking about 10k Days being a "forced tracklisting". My mistake. Apologies.

Course I almost feel wrong apologizing given the fact that your incredibly contrived "Tex-ass" remark. Especially funny because I'm not even from Texas.

mutualusing
04-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Actually, the more i read that list, the more i wish it was real. I really do like some of those tracknames.

Alex

why?

D-Day_Daddy
04-06-2006, 05:32 AM
I misunderstood you and thought you were talking about 10k Days being a "forced tracklisting". My mistake. Apologies.

Course I almost feel wrong apologizing given the fact that your incredibly contrived "Tex-ass" remark. Especially funny because I'm not even from Texas.
I was just trying to get a laugh, please don't be offended. I hate all the insult threads on this place. You said asses in your post, and it says your location is Austin TX, so I made a bad joke. My B
I'm glad to see we're on the same page though.

5th Eye
04-06-2006, 05:35 AM
It has an LK track.

FAKE

seemyshadowchanging
04-06-2006, 06:00 AM
You know guys, I LOVE Lateralus. It's my favorate album, but I don't want Lateralus II. 10,000 Days is growing on me, though from all the speculation it seems Lost Keys or the Pot is getting the most attention. This track listing sounds to forced to me as well. It's like someone sat around all night just thinking of Toolish (foolish) names, instead of writting a song and then giving it a name that encompasses the entire peice of music. It's not a matter of if the names sound like Tool, it's a matter of what the final peice of music is. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?
COMPLETELY im stoked that we are getting a new tool album.i know the music will be great but im still kinda on the fence about the title but come may 2 wee shall see.

seemyshadowchanging
04-06-2006, 06:04 AM
Haha nerd!
hey roggles,anyone else heard anything from the guy who claimed he was with circuit city and that they were in transit. any truth to that yet?

bass_dude
04-06-2006, 11:53 AM
why?

because i'd prefer Paramnesia (love that title), and Idiosyncratic, over "the pot" and "Lost keys".

a_sirian_in_agony
04-06-2006, 11:58 AM
see..the freaky thing....this sounds kinda like lateralus 2.....hmmm....and i wonder if it would be titled tool.....

a_sirian_in_agony
04-06-2006, 11:59 AM
wouldnt tool be able to come up with a title......

amhx147
04-06-2006, 12:06 PM
these names suck. honestly. they just suck. its trying WAY too hard. half of them sound like upcoming Scion cars. and the other half sound like words from a word of the week calender. i think ill stick to the pot, and the other 10000 days names. even if these were all real, i would just white them out and write in the 10000 days tracklisting.

zavlin
04-06-2006, 12:09 PM
From what I understand, members of the Tool Army were given a new track listing...

Album Title: Tool (Self Titled)

1. Symmetrical
2. Inertia
3. Luminesce Kaon
4. Vanity
5. Antediluvian
6. Nevus
7. Paramnesia
8. Hyparxis
9. Mal de Mer
10. Dynasty
11. Idiosyncratic
aaaand, the new single is actually Vanity, track #4.

Sounds like total BS, but who knows?
I personally like these new track names better.
Yeah these are old news and really fake. Even was confirmed by blair in a site post. I'm also glad theyr fake because to me they sound way too pretentious and rediculous. Sea sickness in french? come on. And luminesce kaon was just a total shot in the dark based on blair's LK hint.

a_sirian_in_agony
04-06-2006, 12:09 PM
lateralus didnt sound like they were trying to sound hard.....these fuckers are kinda like..."look at me!!!im difficult to pronounce!!!...WOO!"

praefector
04-06-2006, 12:20 PM
if you have trouble pronouncing any of these words you need help

praefector
04-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah these are old news and really fake. Even was confirmed by blair in a site post. I'm also glad theyr fake because to me they sound way too pretentious and rediculous. Sea sickness in french? come on. And luminesce kaon was just a total shot in the dark based on blair's LK hint.

i dont see how that is much different than "die eir von satan" or "fiaap de oiad" (sp)

praefector
04-06-2006, 12:24 PM
i have to admit some of these are toss-ups though

like "symmetrical" or "inertia" at least appear meritous compared to "wings for marie" and "right in two"

amhx147
04-06-2006, 12:24 PM
ur right though, they sound way to pretentious, and they just dont fit together. none of them. if there ever will be a norweigan tool cover band, who ends up making it big time and coming out with their own cd, this will be the track listing for their first cd.

praefector
04-06-2006, 12:25 PM
this also reminds me of how badly i wanted to hear "riverchrist" during the whole systema encephale thing

Choice Breath
04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Could any of you come up with a better name for any of the prior songs?

I think a better name for "Stinkfist" would have been "Stinkyfist" or "Boy Does Your Fist Stink Now".

ProdigyDub
04-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I was just trying to get a laugh, please don't be offended. I hate all the insult threads on this place. You said asses in your post, and it says your location is Austin TX, so I made a bad joke. My B
I'm glad to see we're on the same page though.

There's so much hostility (including my own) floating around here it's hard to know when someone's bein cool and just giving you a hard time and when someone is an ignorant asshole.

Apparently you're the former, which is good to know.