PDA

View Full Version : This is strange....

dissonance19
04-05-2006, 12:31 PM
I just saw this bulletin from a guy runs who a Alex Gray fan myspace who works for anti piracy company..

found it odd that he would say that about track names.

I wrote him a message though saying "wait, so those titles they've given us aren't the real ones?" If he replies I will let you guys know.

this is what the bulletin said

TOOLS NEW ALBUM...

----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: Apr 5, 2006 4:05 PM

well for those of you that know me...i work for an anti piracy software company that deals with internet piracy. and just yesterday started working on the new tool album im so stoked! we have been downloading fake files after fake files trying to fine the real thing...and ill be the first to tell you that if you try to find it...your gunna have one HELLA of a time. partly thanks to me... maybe you should just go BUY the album and pay tribute to these great artists...

anyway...i cant give away too much about the album such as track names etc but i can tell you as of now that the album is set to be released on 5/02.

well thats it for now

peace and love...

josh

dissonance19
04-05-2006, 12:55 PM
do I need to put this in flashing lights? lol

secular glitch
04-05-2006, 12:58 PM
HELLA, huh? cool band

toolloot
04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Doesn't mention anything about Tool?

dissonance19
04-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Doesn't mention anything about Tool?

The subject of it was Tool's new album and that is what he is talking about.

toolloot
04-05-2006, 01:04 PM
He's probably just a cryptic bastard.

bass_dude
04-05-2006, 01:06 PM
It's not cryptic, it says he cannot reveal the tracknames. Saying that the tracknames have not been released yet- which goes against the tracklisting on Toolband, adam's space, here, etc, as it means they are fake.

Alex

praefector
04-05-2006, 01:08 PM
sounds like hes saying he cant reveal the tracknames of the supposed "real thing" (which isnt real). if it were real, it wouldve been flagged and itd be all over every torrent dump site by now with tons of user posts to back it up

toolloot
04-05-2006, 01:09 PM
So he's saying toolband.com is lying to us?

bass_dude
04-05-2006, 01:09 PM
sounds like hes saying he cant reveal the tracknames of the supposed "leak torrent" (which isnt real). if it were real, it wouldve been flagged and itd be all over every torrent dump site by now with tons of user posts to back it up

no, he says about the album, not the torrents.

praefector
04-05-2006, 01:11 PM
no, he says about the album, not the torrents.

either way im calling BS

why would he even bother to make this post?

praefector
04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
can anyone vouch for the "company" this guy works for ?

or if volcano or tool have enlisted the services of an "anti piracy software company"?

astrorot
04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
the guy can't even spell 'find'

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 01:14 PM
HELLA, huh? cool band

Damn straight.

I like how this guy acts like most of the rabid fans won't grab leaks AND buy it.

I think I may have met this person actually. When I worked at CoSM a guy came in who couldn't seem to shut up about the woes of internet piracy.

If that was him....let him know that we all, including Alex Grey, thought he was annoying as hell.

dissonance19
04-05-2006, 01:18 PM
So he's saying toolband.com is lying to us?

just what he is saying contradicts what we've been told. I always thought the tracks were real and stuff. except first few weeks. But this is just odd.

I'm only posting what I saw. He hasn't read or responded to my message yet.

praefector
04-05-2006, 01:29 PM
just what he is saying contradicts what we've been told. I always thought the tracks were real and stuff. except first few weeks. But this is just odd.

I'm only posting what I saw. He hasn't read or responded to my message yet.

instead of questioning him about the album ask about his company and search for verfiable information on whether or not an AP company is even working with/for tool

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
those anti piracy companies are evil. damn cease and desist order :(

dissonance19
04-05-2006, 05:53 PM
those anti piracy companies are evil. damn cease and desist order :(

haha, we're all get to hear it eventually so.

blair's man sausage
04-07-2006, 12:51 PM
not much but definately has some "truthiness" regarding the lack of leaks

Date: Apr 5, 2006 1:05 PM
Subject: TOOLS NEW ALBUM...
Body: well for those of you that know me...i work for an anti piracy software company that deals with internet piracy. and just yesterday started working on the new tool album :) im so stoked! we have been downloading fake files after fake files trying to fine the real thing...and ill be the first to tell you that if you try to find it...your gunna have one HELLA of a time. ;) partly thanks to me...:P maybe you should just go BUY the album and pay tribute to these great artists...;)

anyway...i cant give away too much about the album such as track names etc but i can tell you as of now that the album is set to be released on 5/02.

well thats it for now

peace and love...

josh

HalfASandwidch
04-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Been posted before somewhere...

slicknickshady
04-07-2006, 12:57 PM
I want it to leak but i dont want it to leak soon if you know what i mean. I will be happy if it leaks like April 26 so it does not affect sales that much.

TheHolyGift
04-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I can't wait to have a "hella" of a time.

detox
04-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I want it to leak but i dont want it to leak soon if you know what i mean. I will be happy if it leaks like April 26 so it does not affect sales that much.

i dont think it will my friend...after all fuck the kids that d/l and dont buy..they will never experience the excitement when u got the cd on your hands and run home to liisten to it..

czar
04-07-2006, 01:04 PM
I've already pre-ordered it. If it leaks, it leaks. That's all I'm sayin'.

Geedorah
04-07-2006, 01:05 PM
i dont think it will my friend...after all fuck the kids that d/l and dont buy..they will never experience the excitement when u got the cd on your hands and run home to liisten to it..

When Lateralus came out I ran home to listen to it. Then I threw up. Not because of the cd, the cd is awesome. I had a 102 temp and was very sick. Anywho.....

HalfASandwidch
04-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I've already pre-ordered it. If it leaks, it leaks. That's all I'm sayin'.
That is an awesome avatar.

HalfASandwidch
04-07-2006, 01:20 PM
OMG is it real?
OMG no?...

Zenith
04-07-2006, 01:20 PM
I just d/led a leaked copy that said 10,000 days, but it was just a bunch of crap. Hopefully this will remain true until release date.

HalfASandwidch
04-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I just d/led a leaked copy that said 10,000 days, but it was just a bunch of crap. Hopefully this will remain true until release date.
It's not a bunch of crap. The real songs are hidden between the wavelengths.

toocooltool
04-07-2006, 01:22 PM
OMG no?...

What?

I would never download it, im waiting for the day.

HalfASandwidch
04-07-2006, 01:24 PM
What?

Huh? Talking about cvar's avatar here. Do you not remember what you just posted?

toocooltool
04-07-2006, 01:24 PM
What i just posted is what you just quoted.

TheHolyGift
04-07-2006, 01:25 PM
I have a bunch of hilarious leaks, that sound like aloke dutta, the guitarist from pearl jam and the singer from the chili peppers all got shitfaced and turned on a tape recorder.

toocooltool
04-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I have a bunch of hilarious leaks, that sound like aloke dutta, the guitarist from pearl jam and the singer from the chili peppers all got shitfaced and turned on a tape recorder.

And then they all opened up MS paint and created your avatar?

blair's man sausage
04-07-2006, 01:27 PM

yeah that was on a shit myspace page....that's kinda an oxymoron since 99% of myspace is pretty much shit

HalfASandwidch
04-07-2006, 01:29 PM
What i just posted is what you just quoted.
You posted... "OMG is it real?" quoting me and then briefly deleted the post... I guess...

TheHolyGift
04-07-2006, 01:30 PM
And then they all opened up MS paint and created your avatar?

No, that was Blair. He's trying to tell us what The Pot is about.

toocooltool
04-07-2006, 01:30 PM
You posted... "OMG is it real?" quoting me and then briefly deleted the post... I guess...

Users cant delete their own posts can they?

WTF are you going on about?

You taking the piss or something?

waffel
04-07-2006, 01:42 PM
nmaybe you should just go BUY the album and pay tribute to these great artists...;)

what an idiot. cuz everyone that looks for and downloads the leak of vicarious wont buy the album. funniest thing was when napster was in its prime the sale of CDs actually went UP.

kamyar
04-07-2006, 01:58 PM
the days of everyone going to kazaa or limewire or something when an album gets released are pretty much over..

so putting all the fake songs up... i doubt will make a difference.

i'm guessing that once the cd has leaked.. people will use yousendit.com to continuously send the whole album and with their super fast connections.. it'll probably travel over the net in less than a day.

by the time they shut down specific sites.. it'll be too late..

i'm buying it the day it's out but i'll also be one of the first ones to download it. it's been too long.

waffel
04-07-2006, 02:11 PM
actually, it will probably be put into a torrent and once that happens and people start seeding it there is no stopping it.

toocooltool
04-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Been posted before somewhere...

Yeah, on myspace, you doorknob.

kamyar
04-07-2006, 02:29 PM
actually, it will probably be put into a torrent and once that happens and people start seeding it there is no stopping it.

i've downloaded off of torrent.. it works but wouldn't it be as easy to corrupt it.. with having 10 to 20 computers.. share fake files of the Same size... ?

for example.. when you finish downloading you'r files will be corrupted due to the work that the fake computers have done.. that's how they screw up kazaa/lime wire etc..

i'd the best thing would be yousendit.. each person who downloads it should yousendit to themselves and share the new link so that many different links will be out there so when yousend it downloads run out for one link.. another willl have downloads left on it.

dracomordag
04-07-2006, 02:56 PM
what an idiot. cuz everyone that looks for and downloads the leak of vicarious wont buy the album. funniest thing was when napster was in its prime the sale of CDs actually went UP.

truth. the majority of CDs I own I listened to on the internet before hand. it's such a great way to hear about music.

dissonance19
04-07-2006, 03:18 PM
yeah I posted this 2 days ago. Found it odd even though I've been believer in them for awhile now that he would say this below when we know track names. I asked him about it but he didn't respond. That fucker.

"anyway...i cant give away too much about the album such as track names etc but i can tell you as of now that the album is set to be released on 5/02."

Hannibal
04-07-2006, 03:40 PM
why can't he tell us the track names, that we already know? Hmmmmm....Even though this could possibly be a hint, I don't think it should be researched all that well because its probably nothing.

dissonance19
04-07-2006, 03:48 PM
why can't he tell us the track names, that we already know? Hmmmmm....Even though this could possibly be a hint, I don't think it should be researched all that well because its probably nothing.

yeah, thats what I found odd. But yeah, he could have just not known they've told us about the names.

aquarium salt
04-07-2006, 03:57 PM
I give you two lols for that.

spitcodfry
04-07-2006, 04:31 PM
One on torrent that I've only got like 33.8% on (seems to download every now and then when it feels like it, started it yesterday) clocks in at a total of 70.78 mb. Can anyone confirm whether this is fake or not, one who may have happened to download it? That one thread that says most are gonna have a hard time finding it doesn't peak my optimism.

dissonance19
04-07-2006, 04:43 PM
One on torrent that I've only got like 33.8% on (seems to download every now and then when it feels like it, started it yesterday) clocks in at a total of 70.78 mb. Can anyone confirm whether this is fake or not, one who may have happened to download it? That one thread that says most are gonna have a hard time finding it doesn't peak my optimism.

I think that size has been reported to be fake a couple of times.

spitcodfry
04-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Well it breaks down the song titles as such in the .txt file:

Vicarious 7:03
Jambi 7:11
Wings for Marie pt 1 6:19
Wings for Marie pt 2 11:12
The Pot 6:10
Lipan Conjuring 1:12
Lost Keys 8:30
Rosetta Stoned 11:13
Intension 7:20
Right in Two 8:54
Viginti Tres 2:08

Dunno if that is accurate at all. And does anyone know if one can preview audio files in the new Bitcomet? It says video preview but when I open it for a track it just stays on "buffering"

dissonance19
04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Well it breaks down the song titles as such in the .txt file:

Vicarious 7:03
Jambi 7:11
Wings for Marie pt 1 6:19
Wings for Marie pt 2 11:12
The Pot 6:10
Lipan Conjuring 1:12
Lost Keys 8:30
Rosetta Stoned 11:13
Intension 7:20
Right in Two 8:54
Viginti Tres 2:08

Dunno if that is accurate at all. And does anyone know if one can preview audio files in the new Bitcomet? It says video preview but when I open it for a track it just stays on "buffering"

hm. that actually sounds pretty close. wings for marie was said to be at 11:14 as well as rosetta stoned. intension and right in two look similar as well. they said the times on billboard announcement of the vicarious as the single.

spitcodfry
04-07-2006, 05:08 PM
This thing doesn't list seeds or leacher numbers off mininova so I'm skeptical if it's anything at all. I'll keep this thing up for two weeks if I have to see if it's something.

spitcodfry
04-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Hey does anyone know how to copy+paste a folder of incomplete files to a different torrent program? Bitcomet doesn't let you execute a file until the whole package is complete. And this preview thing isn't working for me at all.

Havokb8
04-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I got one that was 70 meg it was fake, and it sucked total balls too...may not be the same one but im sure it is fake.

spitcodfry
04-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Mine just finished and it was all blank songs. Has a timeline when you open them and everything but all blank.

Havokb8
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Mine just finished and it was all blank songs. Has a timeline when you open them and everything but all blank.

Yeah i just read the comments on that torrent, that guy is a piece of shit with too much time on his hands.

Vaginal Replicator
04-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Yea, I found that torrent the other day hoping it was the real thing and posted the link for others interested in it.

HalfASandwidch
04-07-2006, 08:04 PM
No you fuckwad. Someone alreayd posted the link to this awhile ago. You should put a picture of your face over the cat's.

HalfASandwidch
04-07-2006, 08:07 PM
What?

So then what the fuck is with this? I never said you would download it anywhere in this thread. What the fuck are YOU going on about?