PDA

View Full Version : dont know if it matters

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Ive heard from a good friend of mine, that the Sony BMG Central in Munich is full of Posters regarding the new Tool Album, and it advertizes it with the new Logo and Cover Art as Album Cover... Just to let you know... Could be a hint, that the Cover art is really the Cover and the album title is real.... I mean its the headquarters, i cannot imagine, tool fools their own label....

Perseensilmä
04-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Why don´t you go take a look at taht poster? Preferably by foot. I mean, go away bitchass face.

KJM
04-05-2006, 11:53 AM
How is that a hint? That thing we told you was real and we keep saying is real, well, we're saying it's real again.

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Ive heard from a good friend of mine, that the Sony BMG Central in Munich is full of Posters regarding the new Tool Album, and it advertizes it with the new Logo and Cover Art as Album Cover... Just to let you know... Could be a hint, that the Cover art is really the Cover and the album title is real.... I mean its the headquarters, i cannot imagine, tool fools their own label....

Be prepared to get violently flamed for this post by people still desperately clinging to their belief that the album art/title is "un-Toolish" and "not unique".

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 11:56 AM
@Perseensilmä: Oh i see you are really interested in som sophisticated discussion, i think you fisted the asshole of your cat for too long... If i say so, i mean it so...

@ProdigyDub:

i know, but it doesnt matter to me... Perhaps someone in here is interested in some news without being pissed, just because he does not like the news

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 11:58 AM
@ProdigyDub:

i know, but it doesnt matter to me... Perhaps someone in here is interested in some news without being pissed, just because he does not like the news

I for one, along with a bunch of others, appreciate concrete info like this. Thanks for posting. Don't let the people in denial of the truth who get angry at every new piece of evidence bring you down.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:01 PM
this would be the last thing i would do.. Thanks...

Scratch
04-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Why don´t you go take a look at taht poster? Preferably by foot. I mean, go away bitchass face.

worst. flame. evar

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:05 PM
If he had spelt it right, it wouldnt have been that bad

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:07 PM
I for one, along with a bunch of others, appreciate concrete info like this. Thanks for posting. Don't let the people in denial of the truth who get angry at every new piece of evidence bring you down.
Please explain how this is "concrete evidence" of anything? Hearing from a friend that there are posters at Sony is far from concrete. In fact this should be moved right over to rumors, because that's exactly what it is.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 12:07 PM
this thread does not deliver.

Grimface
04-05-2006, 12:09 PM
*rubs penis*

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Please explain how this is "concrete evidence" of anything? Hearing from a friend that there are posters at Sony is far from concrete. In fact this should be moved right over to rumors, because that's exactly what it is.

You're right--it's not "concrete", it's simply "reasonable".

It's concrete, though, when compared to the slew of awesome counter-evidence which includes such gems as "The titles/artwork are totally un-Toolish, trust me I know", and "Systema Encephale!#%@%" ad nauseum.

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:13 PM
You're right--it's not "concrete", it's simply "reasonable".

It's concrete, though, when compared to the slew of awesome counter-evidence which includes such gems as "The titles/artwork are totally un-Toolish, trust me I know", and "Systema Encephale!#%@%" ad nauseum.
It's just as much of a rumor as anyother post on this forum. THere is nothing concrete about it. It's a rumor and the other things you brought up are opinions.

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 12:14 PM
well fuck... i live 20 miles from there and i really don't care. Lolz.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:14 PM
i repeat myself: My frriend works at sony a magazine about trucks (yes you read right) and he goes every day for lunch to the sony BMG cantina. And she told me, that there are everywhere album covers with a wooden face and fool and 10000 days. Release 28 april... believe me or not, it doesnt matter. If you dont believe, phone sony bmg munich... It isnt a rumor, its unquestionable truth (Fuck Limp Bizkittt)...
Believe me or not, its your turn
@aj: I just wanted to deliver some news, which is obviously related to tool...
This is a tool forum right??!?!

If it is of importance? I dont know

Cid
04-05-2006, 12:15 PM
this thread does not deliver.

when have you delivered though?

STA
a wooden face and fool and 10000 days.

lol

ProdigyDub
It's just as much of a rumor as anyother post on this forum. THere is nothing concrete about it. It's a rumor and the other things you brought up are opinions.

Exactly. It's a rumor, but a reasonable one. It may or may not be true, but it has a very objective and grounded basis.

Meanwhile, as you said, most everything else is "opinion". I'll take a rumor about something as simple as posters with the artwork over some person's personal belief that Tool would "never name their album anything like that or use such unoriginal artwork".

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:16 PM
i repeat myself: My frriend works at sony a magazine about trucks (yes you read right) and he goes every day for lunch to the sony BMG cantina. And she told me, that there are everywhere album covers with a wooden face and fool and 10000 days. Release 28 april... believe me or not, it doesnt matter. If you dont believe, phone sony bmg munich... It isnt a rumor, its unquestionable truth (Fuck Limp Bizkittt)...
Believe me or not, its your turn
Second hand hearsay is the definition of a rumor.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:17 PM
please someone phones sony...

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Exactly. It's a rumor, but a reasonable one. It may or may not be true, but it has a very objective and grounded basis.

Meanwhile, as you said, most everything else is "opinion". I'll take a rumor about something as simple as posters with the artwork over some person's personal belief that Tool would "never name their album anything like that or use such unoriginal artwork".
It is a reasonable rumor, I don't know if rumors hold any more water than opinions. It's all the same till some facts are made available by the band.

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 12:22 PM
It is a reasonable rumor, I don't know if rumors hold any more water than opinions. It's all the same till some facts are made available by the band.

Some facts made available like the band? You mean the posting of the title, the ensuing confirmation on both TB and TA, the posting of the tracklisting, and the single release date? I'd say those qualify.

I may agree that rumors don't necessarily hold more water than opinions--however, when the rumors are consistent with the FACTS we do have, and the opinions are divergent and offer no objective basis other than "I just don't think it is this way or that way"....then I'll take the rumors. Some of them may be fabricated, but chances are some of them are 100% true.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:22 PM
you dont understand: There are these posters. If they show the cover art, or the album cover represented by the artwork? Well i dont know, that would be a rumor

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 12:24 PM
i totally think it's true, why not? There's just a huge part in me refusing to believe in that logo, just because it sucks so much. The funny thing is: why would Sony BMG print posters with a temporary bullshit suck dick artwork? But well, maybe they don't have anything better to do... lazy Munich fuckers.

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:25 PM
you dont understand: There are these posters. If they show the cover art, or the album cover represented by the artwork? Well i dont know, that would be a rumor
First off even if these posters do exist it doesn't mean that they are the cover art. Secondly if you did call sony what would they say? "Yes we have posters"............They aren't going to release anymore info than we already have.

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 12:25 PM

He's saying it's a rumor that the posters actually exist...which is true...given that you have no physical evidence. He's not claiming that if they DO exist they have fake artwork...which would obviously be ridiculous.

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Some facts made available like the band? You mean the posting of the title, the ensuing confirmation on both TB and TA, the posting of the tracklisting, and the single release date? I'd say those qualify.

I may agree that rumors don't necessarily hold more water than opinions--however, when the rumors are consistent with the FACTS we do have, and the opinions are divergent and offer no objective basis other than "I just don't think it is this way or that way"....then I'll take the rumors. Some of them may be fabricated, but chances are some of them are 100% true.
I'm not saying that some may not be true, but they are still rumors.

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM
He's saying it's a rumor that the posters actually exist...which is true...given that you have no physical evidence. He's not claiming that if they DO exist they have fake artwork...which would obviously be ridiculous.
I think the artwork we've seen is tied to either the single or is part of the cover, but I don't think it's the main cover page.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM
it is this fukin alex grey thing... it was composed like a album cover, i was told. But if it is the cover, well i dont know. You see, i repeat myself...

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:31 PM
it is this fukin alex grey thing... it was composed like a album cover, i was told. But if it is the cover, well i dont know. You see, i repeat myself...
Aren't all band promo posters composed like an album cover? The truth is that many of them aren't the actual cover.

harmonyofdissonance

No, The posters exist for real, no rumor.
The rumor is, that they contain the cover
It is no rumor, that the alex grey thing is featured.
It is no rumor, that it gives you at least the illusion, that it is the cover

Choice Breath
Someone get some pics of the posters and, well, for lack of a better or alternate term, post them. Post them poster pics. Sorry.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Aren't all band promo posters composed like an album cover? The truth is that many of them aren't the actual cover.

Good post, that was my question. Are these the covers, only because they show the artwork. No rumor. Do the posters exist? Yes!!!!!!!

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:33 PM
No, The posters exist for real, no rumor.
The rumor is, that they contain the cover
It is no rumor, that the alex grey thing is featured.
It is no rumor, that it gives you at least the illusion, that it is the cover
Without evidence it's a rumor. I'm not trying to flame you, i'm trying to make you see the facts.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Ill do what i can... Perhaps tommorow, we have some promo poster picture here...

Perseensilmä
04-05-2006, 12:34 PM

Bulllllllllshit. Cmon, why would a record company put posters of their own products on their walls? Yeah right, they wouldn´t because it would be fucking lame and stupid. Also, even if there were posters they´d probably be Bruce Springsteen´s or Pearl Jam´s posters.

secular glitch
04-05-2006, 12:35 PM

true. i worked at a college radio station and the lateralus posters we recieved didnt not feature the cover art, but that other eye thing that amazon used.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Without evidence it's a rumor. I'm not trying to flame you, i'm trying to make you see the facts.

The facts are clear, there are these posters, wheter you believe or not...

eddie75
04-05-2006, 12:37 PM
The facts are clear, there are these posters, wheter you believe or not...
...and it's rumor with out any evidence to back up this claim. In fact you haven't even seen them and have only heard second hand. I'd say there isn't a clearer case of a rumor out there.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Bulllllllllshit. Cmon, why would a record company put posters of their own products on their walls? Yeah right, they wouldn´t because it would be fucking lame and stupid. Also, even if there were posters they´d probably be Bruce Springsteen´s or Pearl Jam´s posters.

Ohh, well youre right there are, Pearl Jam Poster, but no Brucie...
And of course it makes sense, because its an public cantina, you dumbass... You know some publicity. Ive heard a rumor, that Tool wants to sell cds

I cannot see the point, why the friend of mine should fake some tool infos. He has nothing to do with tool, he doesnt like them at all... Further, he has told me the appearance of the poster. He doesnt know any of Alex work...
Hed told me, just because im a tool fan... you understand? No fakie, no conspiration....
Believe, or not!!!! But no flaming guys

Choice Breath
04-05-2006, 12:40 PM

Record companies do put posters of their own bands on the walls. They also put "gold records" on the walls and things like that. I can't imagine why they would not. That's what they do, I mean, do you think they have pictures of flowers and horses. What would you rather?

Cid
04-05-2006, 12:43 PM

i don't work for a record company, but there are posters of our products everywhere in this complex. so i wouldn't be surprised if record companies do the same thing.

harmonyofdissonance
04-05-2006, 12:46 PM
alas, some people believe... No more flaming?? This forum has lost momentum.....
ill get some pictures, and all disbelievers will shut up...

Choice Breath
04-05-2006, 01:26 PM
alas, some people believe... No more flaming?? This forum has lost momentum.....
ill get some pictures, and all disbelievers will shut up...

I just want to see them. I'm not saying I don't believe, necessarily. Around here, it's hard to know sometimes.

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 01:42 PM
harmonyofdissonance =/= Systolic

magnolia
04-05-2006, 02:35 PM
harmonyofdissonance =/= Systolic
Let "Crappy_Rumors" = harmonyofdissonance + Systolic

dracomordag
04-05-2006, 02:55 PM
pwntlolz

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 03:09 PM
no lolz.

crappy Rumorz + lame ass bitch = Systolic

posters st BMG Munich = i believe = rumor - crappy

hmmm

posters = Munich =/= album coverz [(Systolic)^2 - harmonyofdissonance]

hmmmm

does not compute. fuck.

ATARI
04-05-2006, 03:14 PM
it's gonna bite you one of these days

hateAliases
04-05-2006, 03:45 PM
mädels, wie schauts aus?! jemand bock mir die eier zu lecken?! mag net duschen...PM me

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 03:57 PM
mag net duschen...
der Ekel. Behalts für dich du Frosch.

hateAliases
04-05-2006, 04:01 PM
hach wie süß noch n deutscher hier im Sumpfland des Internets....

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 04:03 PM
hach wie süß noch n deutscher hier im Sumpfland des Internets....
man möchte sich schämen.

sacredsubjective
04-05-2006, 04:06 PM
FOR FUCK SAKE! GROW UP! Rosetta Stoned? Would they do that to me?

hateAliases
04-05-2006, 04:09 PM
der Ekel. Behalts für dich du Frosch.

Quack

hateAliases
04-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Ihr seit allesamt so Hohl im Kopf ich hau ab hier... WANN VERDAMMT WERD ICH ENDLICH GEBANNT?!?! BITTE TUT DOCH WAS!

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 04:21 PM
? (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3914573691180129865&q=impatient&pl=true)

ATARI
04-05-2006, 04:57 PM
AHH

Perseensilmä
04-05-2006, 05:06 PM
? (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3914573691180129865&q=impatient&pl=true)

Was sagst er? Ich verstehe nicht!!! Erklären, bitte!

Und ich denkte das ich viele Problemen haben.

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 05:15 PM
he's a case for the psychiatrist. wants to play unreal tournament so badly. :(

it's all like "wwaaahhh kill kill why don't the game not launch ima going insane111"

Away in the sea of red
04-05-2006, 05:20 PM
*shoots himself in head*

mutualusing
04-05-2006, 05:35 PM
HAM:
judement on things we know nothing about. (other than fucking song titles)
album titles that mean nothing without understanding of the album content.
artwork that kicks ass, but doesnt feature tits (that we know of)

CHEESE:
idiots trying to create/figure out/manipulate a "grand conspiracy" that doesnty actually exist. or does it? no. or does it? no. Or does it? no. etc etc etc

BREAD:
i like bread.

Semp
04-05-2006, 05:44 PM
I have an Aldaraia poster on my wall.

Do you see?

mutualusing
04-05-2006, 05:46 PM
i see, but the poster is not there.

do i really see?

no/yes

Unstuck in Time
04-05-2006, 05:49 PM
wasn't alderaan destroyed in the first movie?

back on topic - i'd like to see those posters, too.

tcM_Emperor
04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
I for one, along with a bunch of others, appreciate concrete info like this.

Oh.... my.... dear..... god.....

So you consider this concrete info, yet everything about aldaraia you immedeately dismiss as rediculous and fake. Interesting...

guerilla ice tea
04-05-2006, 09:44 PM
If that really is the album cover then i'm sorry but its pretty shit. I could do that on MS paint. After the mind boggling amazingness of the Lateralus album art i think we've all come to expect a bit more from Tool.

I mean come on, how fucking awesome was that booklet?? It also had a certain smell about it.

HolyReality
04-05-2006, 09:56 PM
acetate will do that...

The Official Fiction
04-05-2006, 11:04 PM
FOR FUCK SAKE! GROW UP! Rosetta Stoned? Would they do that to me?

Yes they would. And they have.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 11:06 PM
If that really is the album cover then i'm sorry but its pretty shit. I could do that on MS paint. After the mind boggling amazingness of the Lateralus album art i think we've all come to expect a bit more from Tool.

I mean come on, how fucking awesome was that booklet?? It also had a certain smell about it.
Agreed, except for the part about being able to do it. It's Alex Fucking Grey! But it still looks stupid all grayscale and what-have-ya. I too have come to expect more from them.
At the same time, even if they did reuse this artwork for the cover, as long as they did something cool with it like Lateralus it would still look awesome. Unoriginal peice, but awesome packaging. Possible.

submachine
04-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Be prepared to get violently flamed for this post by people still desperately clinging to their belief that the album art/title is "un-Toolish" and "not unique".

haha.

I loved the Aenima art, hated the Lateralus logo, and this new one is a big improvement. Dark colors = good.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 11:33 PM
haha.

I loved the Aenima art, hated the Lateralus logo, and this new one is a big improvement. Dark colors = good.
Dark colors to go with those newest promo pics of them outside in the sunshine at the pool wearing bright colors. Riiiiiight. Dark colors aren't always necessary to make you seem "serious" or "mysterious".

harmonyofdissonance
04-06-2006, 12:26 AM
By tommorow morning youll have sme pic... Just be calm and masturbate on the thought that its not called 10000 rubbs

Lost Keys
04-07-2006, 01:50 AM

yeah you're right that would be fucking stupid and lame. in the real world they're probably about to ship them out for promotion. radio, zines, etc

it's the album itself their going to put up on their walls, pedro.

Lost Keys
04-07-2006, 01:53 AM
HAM:
judement on things we know nothing about. (other than fucking song titles)
album titles that mean nothing without understanding of the album content.
artwork that kicks ass, but doesnt feature tits (that we know of)

CHEESE:
idiots trying to create/figure out/manipulate a "grand conspiracy" that doesnty actually exist. or does it? no. or does it? no. Or does it? no. etc etc etc

BREAD:
i like bread.

what kind?