PDA

View Full Version : Fake songs

Countdown
04-05-2006, 02:25 AM
I know what your all going to say. "Ohh we heard that!". I too heard the fake album with the really bad accoustic guitar. (which i thought was kinda funny) But ive been watching LimeWire closly and ive found other songs with the same titles. They sound very toolish guitar wise, but the bass lacks definition and the drumming isnt what it should be. Dont get me wrong, i still like it...i would just be very dissapointed if that were the real thing. Has anyone else heard these?

The Official Fiction
04-05-2006, 02:31 AM
I think so. The songs seem to be of correct length even, but not TOOL. I'm guessing most of them are songs by Mastodon or Pelican or some other band like them.

Countdown
04-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Yea, Vicarious was a little short though. But it starts off real well... The fake one anyway (at least i hope)

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 02:39 AM
mmmm Mastodon isn't that far away. Why does Pelican have to be part of that Taste of Chaos shit. God I want to see them.

Oh yeah...leaks....fake....right....

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 02:42 AM
By size of file I can already rule out more than 2/3 of them.

This is getting easy.

Edit:
Isis,
Isis,
Mogwai,
Shit Guitar rap,
Doom 3,
Chevelle,
Isis.

Shazam!

STA
04-05-2006, 04:07 AM
Impressive.

toocooltool
04-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Theres going to be lots of people trying to make Toolish songs, on p2p for the hell of it.

Anyone can make a riff that is the same as older stuff.

But Danny's drumming in particular will be the obvious way to realise that its tool.

Blair has already mentioned how amazing his drumming is on the new CD.

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 04:33 AM
While I'm sure Danny's drumming will be great, Blair saying anything about Tool that is positive is like Alex Grey making a comment about how Zena's new movie is delightfully fun.

toocooltool
04-05-2006, 04:34 AM
How so?

News just in... Blair hates tool?

xskhaos
04-05-2006, 04:37 AM
Just to let you all know the song on Limewire labeled "Vicarious" is manu menu music from DOOM III.

STA
04-05-2006, 04:38 AM
Just to let you all know the song on Limewire labeled "Vicarious" is manu menu music from DOOM III.

No!

toocooltool
04-05-2006, 04:38 AM

Your first post was truely awe inspiring.

Its been said 10,000 times allready. Literally.

blair's man sausage
04-05-2006, 05:11 AM
By size of file I can already rule out more than 2/3 of them.

This is getting easy.

Edit:
Isis,
Isis,
Mogwai,
Shit Guitar rap,
Doom 3,
Chevelle,
Isis.

Shazam!

i can't believe people are trying to pass chevelle off as tool....i'm disgustipated

TeeO
04-05-2006, 05:15 AM
For my first post, i'd like to say that everyone really should just watch the boards for people who have better connections than limewire/kazaa ect than to keep dling all these fake songs. I've been involved in warez for quite some time. NONE of the songs are currently released. When they do get leaked, the p2p networks will be the last place to have legit (read: real) copies, if you can even tell the difference between fake ones.

toocooltool
04-05-2006, 05:19 AM
For my first post, i'd like to say that everyone really should just watch the boards for people who have better connections than limewire/kazaa ect than to keep dling all these fake songs. I've been involved in warez for quite some time. NONE of the songs are currently released. When they do get leaked, the p2p networks will be the last place to have legit (read: real) copies, if you can even tell the difference between fake ones.

I hope that will be your only first post....
wait..

Hannibal
04-05-2006, 05:33 AM
I don't know how anyone could confuse Tool with any other band. I have no idea what Pelican sounds like, but Isis doesn't sound like Tool at all in my opinion.

Lexingtongue
04-05-2006, 05:52 AM
I don't know how anyone could confuse Tool with any other band. I have no idea what Pelican sounds like, but Isis doesn't sound like Tool at all in my opinion.

no one sounds like tool do they? ive searched far and wide and havent found anything even relatively close...

STA
04-05-2006, 05:54 AM
My favorite Tool song is the Doom 3 theme. No other band could have created a song like that.

48&2
04-05-2006, 06:02 AM
All you morons looking on limewire for the leak, stop wasting your time...

Hippo
04-05-2006, 06:03 AM
All you morons looking on limewire for the leak, stop wasting your time...
Word up to that, my delightful negroid brother. IRC and torrents for the wins, eh?

Dianoetic
04-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Yeah, hot tip people, you will hear about it here way before you find it on [insert p2p here].

HolyReality
04-05-2006, 06:10 AM
fuck limewire for leaks. it's all isis songs. not that isis is bad, of course....

STA
04-05-2006, 06:12 AM
fuck limewire for leaks. it's all isis songs. not that isis is bad, of course....

They're terrible.

48&2
04-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Word up to that, my delightful negroid brother. IRC and torrents for the wins, eh?

word brutha.

pensar
04-05-2006, 06:35 AM
i believe the album/ single has already leaked...

just ask our mod friends who have delete the thread as soon as it's posted, and eat all the cookies themselves.

i forgot how lateralus came out, i think there were some threads on this site actually, u know back when this site was for the "lil guys" on the net.

but you know, you start shaking hands with the band and pretty soon you become an extension of the band official site. censurship if you will.

it happend with another band message board i used to go to. webmaster got to know the band and now we barley get news/updates. not like that would ever happen here...::cough:: ::cough:: ::cough::?

TeeO
04-05-2006, 06:54 AM

No...it has not been leaked yet...you are wrong

Windir
04-05-2006, 07:18 AM

just ask our mod friends who have delete the thread as soon as it's posted, and eat all the cookies themselves.

I suggest you to read this (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=37101) and then come back on the point.

pensar
04-05-2006, 07:42 AM
::robot voice::

all the songs on the internet are fake. they are so horrible, what kind of bands would make such filth.

the album has not leeked ::static sounds:: err leaked? ::static sounds:: leeked? ::static sound:: leaked?

ERROR ERROR SYSTEM OVERLOAD ERROR ERROR

Havokb8
04-05-2006, 07:43 AM

Yeah seriously, please stop saying the songs on limewire are even remotely real, in fact stop looking there altogether trust me you are wasting your time.

TeeO
04-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah seriously, please stop saying the songs on limewire are even remotely real, in fact stop looking there altogether trust me you are wasting your time.

Indeed

Johnny Truant
04-05-2006, 08:11 AM

all the songs on the internet are fake. they are so horrible, what kind of bands would make such filth.

the album has not leeked ::static sounds:: err leaked? ::static sounds:: leeked? ::static sound:: leaked?

Dude you suck ass

Dross
04-05-2006, 08:13 AM
1: . -=Tool_&_ISIS_&_Pelican_&_Red Sparrows_&_Earshot_&_A Perfect Circle_&_The Coma Lilies_&_Meshuggah =- Those Shoes

phreak03
04-05-2006, 08:14 AM

justin plays bass on an Isis song called altered course, maybe thats why people confuse the two bands

embracingyou
04-05-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't see how Tool and Isis always get mixed up... surely there's a difference between Aaron Turner's and Maynard's voices? Or am I just tone deaf?

phreak03
04-05-2006, 08:22 AM
yea thats true, it's probably just the one song

s ti N Kfizt
04-05-2006, 08:38 AM

LOL

Hannibal
04-05-2006, 02:13 PM
no one sounds like tool do they? ive searched far and wide and havent found anything even relatively close...

didn't say no one attempted to sound like Tool, but if you can't differ between the two, you need to listen closer. Without even knowing the name of the band, I can tell you it's not Tool. And it doesn't even have to be the vocals, you can tell.

so choke on that.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
04-05-2006, 03:43 PM
No song ever downloaded on LimeWire is real. Search for "schism". Even the one that sounds like the album version isnt TOOL.

Indrid Cold
04-05-2006, 08:04 PM
i can't believe people are trying to pass chevelle off as tool....i'm disgustipated

Very Very Early Chevelle off their first cd, Point #1, that isnt played on the radio does have a toolish sound to it. I have the cd and the track Skeptic does sound a bit like them and could fool the average listener.

Alistair_Carson
04-05-2006, 08:31 PM
holy shit.

vicarious is doom 3!!!1111!!!111

YouWouldKnow
04-07-2006, 10:25 AM
I stumbled across Jambi and Vicarious...are they real? they sound pretty fucking cool if they're fakes. Don't fucking flame me at all because i'm not a super geek and don't post all over the fucking place.
peace out

The Let Down
04-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I stumbled across Jambi and Vicarious...are they real?

no

YouWouldKnow
04-07-2006, 10:39 AM
who is the Jambi band? anyone know? It's cool

AmishRefugee
04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
But Danny's drumming in particular will be the obvious way to realise that its tool.

while i do agree with you, that is exactly how a good amount of people were fooled by the 22 second clip that turned out to be the band Miocene. the drumming was VERY Danny Carey

lachrymoIogy
04-07-2006, 11:57 AM
while i do agree with you, that is exactly how a good amount of people were fooled by the 22 second clip that turned out to be the band Miocene. the drumming was VERY Danny Carey danny's drumming is pretty ..unique, but it's not like it hasn't been followed (ie. miocene). I think lyrics would be the best indicator =/

Yogho!
04-09-2006, 07:24 AM
i like that short (fake) vicarious song on limewire :D sounds toolish tho,

you guys expect 2 much with this album :) i bet you get dissapointed