PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Days shipped...or getting ready to

Pages : [1] 2

lachrymotion
04-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I was at work tonight (Circuit City), and we were doing our monthly reset. Basically changing all the music/movie/game tags to the appropriate prices and so forth. After they all had printed, I started to rip them apart and sort them. Once I got to the 2nd to last page of tags, I came across "TOOL - 10,000 Days $13.99"

So, I pulled the UPC off (828768199121 if anyone has any intrest/need for that) and checked our database. We of course didnt' recieve any yet (obviously, I would have found it by now), but our warehouse had some in transit. Checking the warehouse invetory is odd, it says "In Transit" and an amount, but never specifies if it is going out (to specific stores) or in (in transit to the warehouse), but nevertheless...10,000 Days is on the move.

So yea...maybe its a pointless thread, but Ive seen many more that are worse than this. So...for all you looking for a leak...it might be sooner than later

just simulacra
04-04-2006, 07:41 PM
That's interesting.

When I used to work at best buy, they never had an IN TRANSIT system marker. Just available/unavailable, and how many onhand.

Pretty darn interesting.

Ocelot199
04-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the info, dude. How long is your shipping from DC usually?

We might have a leak by the end of this week, if Circuit City has their shit straight.

MentalSanityOff
you just tell me where, and im there with a crowbar

pris0n
Oh fuck, I work warehouse at circuit city. And tomorrow is a truck day!

lachrymotion
04-04-2006, 07:45 PM

I feel for you...our warehouse employees get treated like ass...I hope you have it better

pris0n
04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I feel for you...our warehouse employees get treated like ass...I hope you have it better

Really? That sucks.

At our store we don't really get along with everyone on the floor, but we don't treat eachother like shit.

They like shitty popular music while us in the warehouse are into metal and stuff.

BuckeyeBassist
04-04-2006, 07:51 PM
seems wierd that it would ship alittle less than a month before its release date

Ocelot199
04-04-2006, 07:52 PM
seems wierd that it would ship alittle less than a month before its release date
Actually, thats about right. Stuff usually starts shipping 3 weeks or so before release.

phreak03
04-04-2006, 07:54 PM
my guess is that since the original release date was today, they couldn't hold on to it any more so they shipped it out....

Hodge
04-04-2006, 07:55 PM
thread of the day, A+ will visit again

kudos for the info bro

LetGoLetgoLetGo
04-04-2006, 07:58 PM
if this shit is true, shouldnt we be expecting a leak soon? Or ...Now?

lachrymotion
04-04-2006, 07:59 PM
I figured there would be naysayers (Im surprised it hasn't happened yet)...so I stole the evidence

sorry...I have no digicam, but the Mac has a built in camera. Shitty quality...and mirror image...but oh well

http://myspace-332.vo.llnwd.net/00628/23/32/628372332_l.jpg

Hodge
04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
bro kudos again

livingdecay
04-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the info!

Alistair_Carson
04-04-2006, 08:11 PM
So now I'll ask.

What if, say, you get a shipment in tomorrow of (commonly known as) 10,000 Days. Can you get your hands on a copy?

oneredflag
04-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Outstanding work.... having withdrawls....must hear new Tool....SOON

lachrymotion
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
So now I'll ask.

What if, say, you get a shipment in tomorrow of (commonly known as) 10,000 Days. Can you get your hands on a copy?
can I....yes. Will I...no.

I won't risk my job to hear an album one month early. I probablly would never be caught, but Im not the thieving type (other than price tags which would have been tossed ;)

Just because they are in transit, doesn't necesarily mean we'll get it tommorow. Granted, at times we get CD's up to a month in advance, but its usually more along the lines of 5-15 days. Regardless, if the system is right (which it usually is), they WILL be in the warehouse (not our local warehouse in the back of the store, but regional faciility) w/in the week or so. Im sure if we are getting it...others will too. Hence the chance of it leaking soon being a possiblity.

Plus...I want to wait until the 2nd to listen to it. The anticipation is nice.

/V\agina
04-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Great news! I'm psyched.

pris0n
04-04-2006, 08:19 PM

I won't risk my job to hear an album one month early. I probablly would never be caught, but Im not the thieving type (other than price tags which would have been tossed ;)

I'm seriously thinking about grabbing it a month early, I don't care much for the job and already have another one lined up. But I wouldnt want to go to jail over this.

I just remembered we get our new releases from UPS and I usually open up the boxes to find out what they are and take them to merch so if I'm working the day we get them then I'd at least be one of the first to see it at our store.

/V\agina
04-04-2006, 08:20 PM
By the way, the 10000 days torrent with the AFD thingy on it from ISOhunt is fake, but it's kinda cool on it's own. I wonder what band it really is?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
04-04-2006, 08:22 PM
I was at work tonight (Circuit City), and we were doing our monthly reset. Basically changing all the music/movie/game tags to the appropriate prices and so forth. After they all had printed, I started to rip them apart and sort them. Once I got to the 2nd to last page of tags, I came across "TOOL - 10,000 Days $13.99"

So, I pulled the UPC off (828768199121 if anyone has any intrest/need for that) and checked our database. We of course didnt' recieve any yet (obviously, I would have found it by now), but our warehouse had some in transit. Checking the warehouse invetory is odd, it says "In Transit" and an amount, but never specifies if it is going out (to specific stores) or in (in transit to the warehouse), but nevertheless...10,000 Days is on the move.

So yea...maybe its a pointless thread, but Ive seen many more that are worse than this. So...for all you looking for a leak...it might be sooner than later

So what's the new price that you changed it to IE the sale price? Since I probably will be going to CC on release day I want to know these things. Or is 13.99 the sale price? Thanks.

Boozy Eulogist
04-04-2006, 08:29 PM

Just leave an extra 20 in the manager's office.

And you don't have to listen to it...haha.

rimb
04-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I looked up the UPC: http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.asp?upc=828768199121

Nice work lachrymotion.

Alistair_Carson
04-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah, just open it and send it to us.

lawls

Just leave an extra 20 in the manager's office.

And you don't have to listen to it...haha.

Exactly. I never stealing it, just obtaining it. Not that I think you'll receive it anytime soon (soon being ten hours from now)

mmortal03
04-04-2006, 08:54 PM

Nice work lachrymotion.

Does anybody know what that "Pending Updates 3" means?

Hodge
04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
yea, you click on "modify entry" and can edit it

HolyReality
04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Checking the warehouse invetory is odd, it says "In Transit" and an amount, but never specifies if it is going out (to specific stores) or in (in transit to the warehouse), but nevertheless...10,000 Days is on the move.

GREAT news. and I mean GREAT.

tempathy
04-04-2006, 08:59 PM
awesome! useful info right here.

Havokb8
04-04-2006, 09:05 PM
You might not do it but i promise someone will, it should be out in a few days.

CallofCthulhu
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM

What are the odds of you buying a copy insanely early........................or stealing one...................or maybe stealing one for me.................

Andorion
04-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Great thread, keep us updated?

jasonchristopher
04-04-2006, 09:30 PM

Nice work lachrymotion.

I don't know shit about UPC's but since it said it was entered/modified today does that mean that it would already be pressed. and be an actual item?

TornDown
04-04-2006, 09:30 PM
i wouldn't buy it. especially if tool has a release agreement...could amount to huge fines.

jasonchristopher
04-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Does anybody know what that "Pending Updates 3" means?

Also since you can update it, could that UPC be something someone just put up on the website themselves as a hoax?

plexus
04-04-2006, 09:35 PM
my balls are tingling

anyone else?

Andorion
04-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I don't know shit about UPC's but since it said it was entered/modified today does that mean that it would already be pressed. and be an actual item?

You're right in that anyone can enter/edit it, but it looks like that's the real UPC at least (according to the OP).

D-Day_Daddy
04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Come on guys, this is good. There was a huge aount of people wasting their time on Systolic's little prank, now have something that shows the album is now tangible and we still want to discredit it. Believe people. Let the shivers overtake you. I know it's just an album, but five years is a long time.

Jayar
04-04-2006, 09:42 PM
sweeeet

psims23
04-04-2006, 09:46 PM
If this is true... then booonnneerr...keep us updated :)

absolutezero
04-04-2006, 10:01 PM
There really is no doubt what so ever about the album title now. I think we can put all our ideas about the other titles to rest. I'm sure the speculation about 10,000 Years will heat up now though.

RedVilliam
04-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Sounds legit, and we know that these things (shipping, receiving, pricing, etc.) have to happen and this is about the time they do happen. I guess the big concession now is that 10,000 days is actually the album name.

psims23
04-04-2006, 10:08 PM
There really is no doubt what so ever about the album title now. I think we can put all our ideas about the other titles to rest. I'm sure the speculation about 10,000 Years will heat up now though.

Ya think? I just think it's funny that a lot of you bitches doubted it from the beginning.... and most of you doubted it's legitimacy because it didn't fit in to what your preconceptions or predispositions of what a "Tool album SHOULD be called." You fuckers didn't write the album, they did.. sometimes I think a lot of you people forget that... that or you have way too much time on your hands. This doesn't go out to everyone here, a lot of you peeps are cool cats with some good stuff to say, keep that ol' mind open ;)

ProdigyDub
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Of course 10,000 Days is the album name.

As for the fact that you can modify the entry...It sends the request to them and they review it--you cant just change it on the fly. I just tried it.

This confirms 10,000 Days, once and for all. Though, there hasn't been any legitimate or reasonable question as to its legitimacy for about 3 weeks now. Anybody who is still being skeptical is just that way because A) they really don't like the name/titles and are hoping it'll be something different or B) they're going out of their way to be a cynic.

TheRuleOfThree
04-04-2006, 10:11 PM
I sincerely hope that you are a reliable person, since they tend to be rare on this board. But so far it seems you are, so this is exciting.

Maybe one of you guys will have some information for us tomorrow. The other guy that works at a warehouse should at least try and see if its on their own system.

Nebel
wtf they sent it out this early? that's.. a really wrong move, how are they gonna prevent the leaks this time?

absolutezero
Ya think? I just think it's funny that a lot of you bitches doubted it from the beginning.... and most of you doubted it's legitimacy because it didn't fit in to what your preconceptions or predispositions of what a "Tool album SHOULD be called." You fuckers didn't write the album, they did.. sometimes I think a lot of you people forget that... that or you have way too much time on your hands. This doesn't go out to everyone here, a lot of you peeps are cool cats with some good stuff to say, keep that ol' mind open ;)

Personally I have no issues with the title or track names etc, like the fans really care what they're called anyway. As long as music is good, who gives a shit.

TheRuleOfThree
04-04-2006, 10:13 PM
wtf they sent it out this early? that's.. a really wrong move, how are they gonna prevent the leaks this time?

I agree with this. But at this point I feel like I haven't really understood any move their management has made since they completed the album, so I honestly just gave up trying to.

psims23
04-04-2006, 10:16 PM
I agree with this. But at this point I feel like I haven't really understood any move their management has made since they completed the album, so I honestly just gave up trying to.

nice number of posts bro ;) that means you gotta spark a J now

jasonchristopher
04-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I really hope that this is true, but I have a hard time believing that it would be shipped out a month before release knowing the lengths tool goes to protect their work from leaking.

lachrymotion
04-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Stealing it would be easy Prison...but thats up to you. If Circuit City gets it that day, others will too. Somewhere, someone will leak it.

I can't legally purchase anything until the release date. The store won't sell products until the street date. We had a few huge Harry Potter nuts at work, and they still had to come in the next day to buy it, or go somewhere else for a midnight sale...and we had it for 3 weeks before the release. Granted, the chances of them getting caught selling ONE employee a CD early is slim to none, but with big business, and in turn big fines, they don't even risk it.

As for the price, thats what it is at this moment. Im assuming its normal price, and DPS (our database system) won't change it until the week of the sale. Then it should be $9.99 seing as most major releases are $10 the first week of sales. This was the first time it had printed out (basically it was scanned into the system at our HQ...meaning someone either was given the physical CD to scan in, or given the UPC code by the CD manufactuer). We just printed tags for the sale on Saturday, so this had to be done since then.

I posted this figuring few would believe me...but thats cool. I understand. I would probablly feel the same way. We take pictures at work all the time w/ the cameras and print them off on one of the printers. If/when it comes in, Ill snap a pic. I truely believe though, by that time, someone will have beaten me by a day or so to the punch. We are a large business, and things have to trickle down, while others have them directly shipped.

Oh well...enjoy

mattw
04-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks lachrymotion for all the info - I'm looking forward to seeing at least the actual cd and its cover...

But you are right - someone will probably beat you to it, as well as leaking the whole album etc.

Thanks again though!

jasonchristopher
04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
i wanted to clarify that i didn't think you were lying. i thought that maybe there could be some other for it, maybe clerical. But i do appreciate you posting this. thanks.

Boozy Eulogist
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM
I was kidding of course.

Oh and a reminder to those in "Something Tomorrow" Land. "In Transit" does not mean "It will be in at tomorrow's unloading".

spitcodfry
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM
lachrymotion just curious...you living in the states or elsewhere? It would make sense for you to get it so early seeing how aussies are getting it early (I think that info is correct). Just a matter of time before some Tool zealot risks life and limb to leak this thing to the masses. It will happen, oh yes it will.

Hannibal
04-04-2006, 10:35 PM
I figured there would be naysayers

You're wrong!

sorry...couldn't let you down...

spitcodfry
04-04-2006, 10:37 PM
You're wrong!

sorry...couldn't let you down...

Whoa cool avatar. Did you do that yourself? Pretty good. That would be nice to see on the cover actually.

Dianoetic
Sounds legit enough. If its coming out on the 28th in some European countries then that only leaves about 3 weeks for distribution, which isnt that long considering the scale of things.

Melkari
I checked the database at Best Buy today, and indeed, there's a UPC entry for it now. Our store didn't have any in-transit though. I'm sure Twin Falls, Idaho isn't exactly a top priority, so we probably won't get it until a week or at most two before release. If his Circuit City has some in-transit, then it won't be long before Best Buy has them as well. I'll keep checking each day.

As for selling things early...it's impossible to prevent things from going up early sometimes. New people don't like to read the release date stickers on the boxes and they just throw them on the shelves as soon as they come in. That's what I do as a third-party. I try to keep things like that from happening in the store. But given even one hour by themselves and they'll mess it up and dozens of people will buy it. If the company finds out, there are huge fines. But honestly, it happens more often than you'd think and nothing happens as a result. It wouldn't be too hard to "accidentally" put them out early and "someone" buys one a week early.

I know at our Best Buy, it's possible to purchase something despite what the computer says the release is. I know some stores will block the transaction, but I saw at least 25 people had bought Land of the Dead a week early when some idiot fucked up before I got to work. It can and will happen, somewhere. If they've already started sending copies to the warehouses, expect a leak really shortly after they arrive.

Ryan
04-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Whoa cool avatar. Did you do that yourself? Pretty good. That would be nice to see on the cover actually.

http://www.toolcollector.net/fake_artwork/8.jpg

lachrymotion
04-04-2006, 10:39 PM
i wanted to clarify that i didn't think you were lying. i thought that maybe there could be some other for it, maybe clerical. But i do appreciate you posting this. thanks.

I wasn't speaking of you personally...and even if I was, I would understand your suspesion (I can't spell).

Hell...this is my 3rd TOOL release Ive gone through, the 2nd since the golden age of the internet....its hard to believe anything.

just simulacra
04-04-2006, 10:40 PM
The only thing I am really keeping in mind is the fact that LATERALUS only leaked a few days before the official release. Kabir was in IRC snaking out the tracks. He did half the album one day, and the other half the next.

That was the earliest leak heard of ... granted, that was 5 years ago ... but manufacturing/shipping/pirating procedures shouldn't have changed that much?

Any comments?

SomethingSpecial
04-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I work at BOrders and it doesnt say anything about it transit for us (although if it was in transit it would say so.) The sad thing is, we don't even have any on order (not entirely true, we have one on order for me). So do yourselves a favor and don't buy the cd at borders (I think we're selling it for 18.99, complete rip-off), buy it at Target or Walmart (if you do buy it walmart it will be super cheap, but you've got to make sure it's not the clean version, they love to sell censored music there)

Boozy Eulogist
04-04-2006, 10:42 PM
I checked the database at Best Buy today, and indeed, there's a UPC entry for it now. Our store didn't have any in-transit though. I'm sure Twin Falls, Idaho isn't exactly a top priority, so we probably won't get it until a week or at most two before release. If his Circuit City has some in-transit, then it won't be long before Best Buy has them as well. I'll keep checking each day.

As for selling things early...it's impossible to prevent things from going up early sometimes. New people don't like to read the release date stickers on the boxes and they just throw them on the shelves as soon as they come in. That's what I do as a third-party. I try to keep things like that from happening in the store. But given even one hour by themselves and they'll mess it up and dozens of people will buy it. If the company finds out, there are huge fines. But honestly, it happens more often than you'd think and nothing happens as a result. It wouldn't be too hard to "accidentally" put them out early and "someone" buys one a week early.

I know at our Best Buy, it's possible to purchase something despite what the computer says the release is. I know some stores will block the transaction, but I saw at least 25 people had bought Land of the Dead a week early when some idiot fucked up before I got to work. It can and will happen, somewhere. If they've already started sending copies to the warehouses, expect a leak really shortly after they arrive.

I bought the Kill Bill DVD 4 days before release AND for 10 cents from Best Buy. Strangest barcode fuck up I've ever seen.

Sleep
04-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Suspicion.

KJM
I've bought copies of cds early from friends at record stores. Namely lateralus which I was able to buy about 5 days before it actually came out.

lachrymotion
Yea Im from the States...Middle America...yay

Thats odd about Best Buy. If we accidentily put something out before the release date, and someone tries to purchase it, it says (in the case of TOOL for example) "Item not able for purchase until release date of 05/02/06". We then have to do cycle counts (long boring, bullshit of a job) and make sure EVERY one we had is accountable for...if not...we have to write up some major paperwork. Can be a 4-5 hour process. Chances of suspension...etc. They don't take it lightly..and Ive had to do it before...so I try not to fuck it up too much

Though...even if CC, or myself personally won't get our hands on a copy and do whatever w/ it...someone will.

spitcodfry
I bought the Kill Bill DVD 4 days before release AND for 10 cents from Best Buy. Strangest barcode fuck up I've ever seen.

10 cents?! WTF. You'd think even the slow folk who work there would go ask a manager for clarification if any product short of gum rang up to that.

TheRuleOfThree
04-04-2006, 10:54 PM
The only thing I am really keeping in mind is the fact that LATERALUS only leaked a few days before the official release. Kabir was in IRC snaking out the tracks. He did half the album one day, and the other half the next.

That was the earliest leak heard of ... granted, that was 5 years ago ... but manufacturing/shipping/pirating procedures shouldn't have changed that much?

Any comments?

In this industry, things change so much that nothing would surprise me at this point. I've seen a band keep an EP from leaking until AFTER it was released and then see the entire LP leak months early a year later. There really isn't a set and true timetable for it... there are just probabilities of when it will happen, given the average shipping dates and such.

It is possible that CC put it in the system that way because it is the beginning process for their entire distribution channels... it may be in that phase for weeks for all we know.

The Official Fiction
04-04-2006, 10:56 PM
a friend of mine was fortunate enough to stumble upon a similar fuck up on cdon.com and got the Band Of Brothers DVD-boxset for a mesely 10 euros.

10 cents though, as far as fuck ups go, is pretty outstanding.

The Official Fiction
04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
In this industry, things change so much that nothing would surprise me at this point. I've seen a band keep an EP from leaking until AFTER it was released and then see the entire LP leak months early a year later.

The fact that 10k days hasn't leaked yet isn't that surprising. No leaks from Pearl Jam , Godsmack, Live, RHCP, Audioslave or Goo Goo dolls yet either. Or are there?

Havokb8
04-04-2006, 11:04 PM

Any comments?

Thats odd seeing as i had lateralus a month and a half before it came out. But if you say so

KJM
04-04-2006, 11:08 PM
The fact that 10k days hasn't leaked yet isn't that surprising. No leaks from Pearl Jam , Godsmack, Live, RHCP, Audioslave or Goo Goo dolls yet either. Or are there?

uh, you're so very very wrong. you're not looking in the right places. btw some of those releases aren't suppose to come out for a long time still (audioslave, who the hell knows anything about the goo goo dolls?) and you can't base anything off that.

Goldfoot
04-04-2006, 11:10 PM
10 cents?! WTF. You'd think even the slow folk who work there would go ask a manager for clarification if any product short of gum rang up to that.

I'm pretty sure if it's marked/comes up that way they have to complete the sale with that price.

just simulacra
04-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Thats odd seeing as i had lateralus a month and a half before it came out. But if you say so

A month and a half before it came out?

That's pretty impressive. As far as I knew, that leak I spoke of was the first.

spitcodfry
04-04-2006, 11:12 PM
uh, you're so very very wrong. you're not looking in the right places. btw some of those releases aren't suppose to come out for a long time still (audioslave, who the hell knows anything about the goo goo dolls?) and you can't base anything off that.

Heh if you know the right place for the new RHCP please do PM me.

paraology
04-04-2006, 11:15 PM
What the fuck is wrong with some of you people. My god, the album comes out in a measley 27 fucking days. You've waited almost 5 years for the new album so what is 27 more days. I can't believe the talk on here about people dying to get their hands on a leak. You don't deserve to call yourself a true tool fan for your intent to find and d/l these leak, and you dont deserve to even be on this board. This is fucking rediculous. You could discipline yourself to avoid the leaks and wait for the release and you will be thankful that you did. Once the album is released but youve already been listening to a leaked copy for 3 weeks, your excitement is dead.

jasonchristopher
04-04-2006, 11:16 PM
What the fuck is wrong with some of you people. My god, the album comes out in a measley 27 fucking days. You've waited almost 5 years for the new album so what is 27 more days. I can't believe the talk on here about people dying to get their hands on a leak. You don't deserve to call yourself a true tool fan for your intent to find and d/l these leak, and you dont deserve to even be on this board. This is fucking rediculous. You could discipline yourself to avoid the leaks and wait for the release and you will be thankful that you did. Once the album is released but youve already been listening to a leaked copy for 3 weeks, your excitement is dead.

Please come down off your high horse.

Briznitch
04-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I really hope that this is true, but I have a hard time believing that it would be shipped out a month before release knowing the lengths tool goes to protect their work from leaking.

Whats up everyone,
I'm doubting that it'll be at stores for a few weeks still, it's probably "in transit" to the warehouses. We still got 22 days peeps! I'm also still hoping that the album title is a hoax. TooL knows how easy it is to manipulate the public, and have easily done it (at least Im hopin that's what it is). They gave an album title and tracklist, and an album mini, which is a greyscale version of THIS (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/dafreakindragon/AlexGreyExhibit.jpg), the big face on the left, and the public ran with it and now it's what it is. Tool, one of the most original bands in the world, is gonna just copy a peice of that for their album cover, then call it a rip-off of Disturbed's latest? I just really honestly have a hard time beleiving that my favorite non-conformist original badass band can't even come up with originality as far as these items are concerned. Regardless the outcome of this stuff, I'm sure the album is going to rule, no doubt about it. I'm just still not believing it until I see actual printed material, like promo posters or the real album artwork. It's easy to change the album name on some price tags, just like changing the price. That doesn't mean it's 100%, at least in my opinion. I haven't seen any concrete printed material that makes it a definite positive about any of this information.

Call it hopes or dreams or whatever, I just hope TooL didn't lose that originality that I love about them.

spitcodfry
04-04-2006, 11:18 PM

I don't feel guilty in the least about downloading a leak. I'm one impatient mother fucker. Part of that no guilt comes from the fact that I've purchased every Tool CD release thus far and don't plan on stopping that tradition. So please do get off that horse. It is chapped sir.

spitcodfry
04-04-2006, 11:21 PM
They gave an album title and tracklist, and an album mini, which is a greyscale version of THIS (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/dafreakindragon/AlexGreyExhibit.jpg)

Shit never saw that before. Way cool. I don't doubt the album title but that mini always struck me as wrong.

The Official Fiction
04-04-2006, 11:25 PM

audioslave May 31st

PM me for the right places then.

I dare you.

Havokb8
04-04-2006, 11:34 PM
A month and a half before it came out?

I dont remember exactly but i know it was on irc atleast a month early

Boozy Eulogist
04-04-2006, 11:39 PM
"You don't deserve to call yourself a true tool fan for your intent to find and d/l these leak, and you dont deserve to even be on this board."

Well then I am a proud official not-true-fan since 95

The Official Fiction
04-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Ditto, circa 93

KJM
04-04-2006, 11:44 PM
audioslave May 31st

PM me for the right places then.

I dare you.

You're going to be really depressed on may 31st if you actually think that's the release date lmao.

If it makes you feel better, the new pj isn't as good as they claimed it to be.

The Official Fiction
04-04-2006, 11:49 PM
You're going to be really depressed on may 31st if you actually think that's the release date lmao.

If it makes you feel better, the new pj isn't as good as they claimed it to be.

I'm not that interested in Audioslave, just mentioned it as an example BUT...
http://www.click2music.fi/finland/viikkarit/uusi/uusi.htm

Seriously man, if you have info about where to find the new PJ then PM me.

TickTock
04-04-2006, 11:51 PM
maybe it will be released on maynards b-day like lateralus was supposed to be?

Burns11
04-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Once the album is released but youve already been listening to a leaked copy for 3 weeks, your excitement is dead.

What difference does it make when the excitement culminates? Half of what a Tool album has come to be is the artwork anyway, and usually artwork that isn't represented well as a jpeg.

I don't think the excitement is dashed by listening to a leak anyway, is listening to a bootleg live performance going to ruin a concert? Not a chance, just like listening to a leak won't ruin that day when the cd is pumping through a quality setup instead of a fairly incommensurate leak with a little booklet in your hands.

Just as an aside, I never had any problem with the title or tracks, they are just names. My problem has always been with the artwork shown, it seems rehashed and not at all up to the standards of uniqueness Tool has put into the face of each offering.

Howard
04-05-2006, 12:02 AM
*paste Burns11 post here*

KJM
04-05-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm not that interested in Audioslave, just mentioned it as an example BUT...
http://www.click2music.fi/finland/viikkarit/uusi/uusi.htm

Seriously man, if you have info about where to find the new PJ then PM me.
No name for an album coming out in a month? I keep up on them cause I do sometimes like them, they've given interview saying it won't be out until later in the summer.

I didn't bother getting the whole PJ album cause I didn't enjoy what I did get enough to continue. I have six songs off of it, I will upload it tomorrow. Shoot me a pm and remind me.

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 12:07 AM
For the record I have personally seen copies of new RHCP and Pearl Jam...while looking for new Tool with the local Rock station Program Director. Haha.

The Official Fiction
04-05-2006, 12:19 AM
No name for an album coming out in a month? I keep up on them cause I do sometimes like them, they've given interview saying it won't be out until later in the summer.

I didn't bother getting the whole PJ album cause I didn't enjoy what I did get enough to continue. I have six songs off of it, I will upload it tomorrow. Shoot me a pm and remind me.

Will do.

Metalhos
04-05-2006, 12:57 AM
what sense should it make, to have items in stock but can't selling them until may 2nd?

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 12:57 AM
guys, i don't know shit about shipping procedures and electronic registrations of goods or whatsoever, but do you think it is possible that this upc thingie now happened as the original release date was planned to be on April 4? That it is now available because someone didn't update their system to the new release date? Like, maybe the company in charge with the pressings already had the shipment order in their computers months ago, reserved for this day, or better, kind of a planned task of sending the upc data to the retailers/warehouses etc. on April 4? Probably not, but i think something like that could be the reason why it's available so early in advance.

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 12:58 AM
haha, der Zufall.

Metalhos
04-05-2006, 01:01 AM
:D so kanns gehen. kürzen sie ihre sätze und sie sind früher! ;)

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 01:02 AM
what sense should it make, to have items in stock but can't selling them until may 2nd?

Simple, because that is the official release date. Everything must have a set date, and products are sent out early to make sure said dates are met. While this would be early, a month is really not too soon to prepare for a mulit-platinum album.

Metalhos
04-05-2006, 01:08 AM
you are kind of right that stores should have items early in stock - but not weeks before the official "release date". sometimes it happens earlier (2-3 days) because transport has worked "more than perfect". normally, shops get items same day or one day before release - then it just depends on how fast they can place it in the shelves. they would never put it the cellar and wait for an official "now you are allowed to sell" (such a call did not exist, anyway).

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Simple, because that is the official release date. Everything must have a set date, and products are sent out early to make sure said dates are met. While this would be early, a month is really not too soon to prepare for a mulit-platinum album.
Yeah might be that the people reliable for logistics just want to make sure it arrives everywhere in time. But it definitely is quite a risk letting the goods sit around at warehouses spread across the country (or the world?) way before release.

Scrunzset
04-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Sometimes I wish I wasn't so impatient. These days have been trickling by for me. I keep seething everytime I'm about to preview a track that has "Tool - 10,000 Days" in the title, only to find out that it's a fake. I hope one day soon I'll stumble onto a real track. But yeah, a leak wouldn't ruin things for me. It'd be best to have a not-so-great quality version of it to tide me over until the release. Just like when Mer De Noms was leaked, it was an unmastered copy that was floating around on the internet, which I downloaded as well. Then, when I bought the CD, there was a significant boost in the sound quality.

I hope one of you electronic store employees get your hands on a copy soon. =] Sorry for the rant, I've had two beers lol.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 01:31 AM
ah two beers. wish i could have beer, damn assignments.

i agree with the whole leak thing, shit i remember listening to Mer De Noms songs when they were called things like Duran Duran. made it so much cooler when the album did come out.

saying that, having the CD in your hand is something quite special (hence the fact that iTunes blows).

Scrunzset
04-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Don't feel too bad, Visceralus... this is the worst tasting beer I've ever had. It's called "Brown Shuggah'" and it's damned bitter. It's organic, I believe, cuz we sell it at the organic grocery store I work at.

And nothing could've compared to the moment when I took off that black cover for Lateralus.... especially since my booklet came fucked up! http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3485/defectlateralusbookletinside34.jpg But still, I'd have to say that it was (and still is) the coolest album art I've ever seen. Can't wait to see if (when) they 1-Up themselves for 10,000 Days.

Woooo, I'm drunk lol. =P

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 01:47 AM
you are kind of right that stores should have items early in stock - but not weeks before the official "release date". sometimes it happens earlier (2-3 days) because transport has worked "more than perfect". normally, shops get items same day or one day before release - then it just depends on how fast they can place it in the shelves. they would never put it the cellar and wait for an official "now you are allowed to sell" (such a call did not exist, anyway).

I'm talking about the warehouses, not stores. Yeah I see no reason the stores should get copies from the warehouse until the last week. As for shelving it, there are HUGE fines for products placed early, especially for chains. The threat of fines is rarely followed through with, but it's done just enough to keep most chains from shelving early.

drumtool
04-05-2006, 01:47 AM
I USED TO WORK IN TRANSPORT AND WHEN HARRY POTTER WAS RELEASED IT WAS DELIVERED IN SECURITY SEAL CARTONS WITH INSTRUCTIONS NOT TO OPEN UNTIL(I DONT REMEMBER THE DATE), I SUSPECT THIS C.D. MAY BE DELIVERED THE SAME WAY...

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 02:07 AM
NO BECAUSE EVEN TOOL FANS CANNOT RIVAL THE ABSOLUTE INSANITY THAT IS A HARRY POTTER FAN

Scrunzset
04-05-2006, 02:17 AM
NO BECAUSE EVEN TOOL FANS CANNOT RIVAL THE ABSOLUTE INSANITY THAT IS A HARRY POTTER FAN

LOL. I agree.... no fuckin' way. So, on the scale of obnoxiousness:

1) Harry Potter fans
2) TOOL fans
3) Grateful Dead fans
4) Slayer fans (oh come on, there's ALWAYS someone in the audience chanting "Slayer!"... like they're gonna make a special appearance and walk out on stage or some shit).

mattw
04-05-2006, 02:40 AM

The thing I don't get about books is people go crazy about release dates and such (e.g. Harry Potter and fans) and once the book comes out and you've paid so many dollars for it, you read it and that's it! As soon as most people finish a new book they let it sink in. They don't go "that was awesome! I'm gonna read it again and again, right now!"

That's what I really like about cds (or 'musical books' if you like). After hearing Lateralus for the first time, I played it over and over again. The Grudge was my favourite track. Then Schism. Then Lateralus. Then I thought the whole D/R/T thing was cool...

Don't get me wrong - reading and books are great. I'm not against anything at all. It's just that my girlfriend was so 'excited' about the last Harry Potter book that when it finally came out she bought it and read it in under a day. A few days later, it was as if nothing had happened. Unfortunately for her, when 10,000 Days comes out, she will hear it (and me raving about it) for many years...

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 02:49 AM
LOL. I agree.... no fuckin' way. So, on the scale of obnoxiousness:

1) Harry Potter fans
2) TOOL fans
3) Grateful Dead fans
4) Slayer fans (oh come on, there's ALWAYS someone in the audience chanting "Slayer!"... like they're gonna make a special appearance and walk out on stage or some shit).

Oh come on 90% of those people that shout "Slayer!" couldn't even name 5 songs from them. Ha.

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 02:50 AM
A few days later, it was as if nothing had happened. Unfortunately for her, when 10,000 Days comes out, she will hear it (and me raving about it) for many years...

...and then she'll leave you for some fucktard who thinks the only good music comes from dead bands.

Sucker.

skane
04-05-2006, 02:52 AM
The thing that really pisses me off: price for 10,000 days in the US around 14 dolars...well,I placed an order on a portuguese shop so that I can pick up my copy of the record on May the 2nd...and I'm paying 18,45 Euro (price might change,so they say).Which is about 22 US dolars! :(((

-guess Tool is the only band right now that would make me pay such a big difference to get my hands on it's record the day it comes out
Oh,the price for Undertow around here nowadays on most record shops is around 18 euro also....absurd!

Scrunzset
04-05-2006, 03:00 AM
...and then she'll leave you for some fucktard who thinks the only good music comes from dead bands.

Sucker.

Hey, don't you be talkin' shit about Floyd and Zep. =P lol

The Official Fiction
04-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Cheer up Skane. You're not alone. CD's cost between 18-22 euros in Finland also.

orange.juice
04-05-2006, 03:31 AM
here as well...

Nebel
04-05-2006, 03:33 AM
We should find out where the warehouses are located and let a certain few from Toolnavy go on a mission to get a copy, sort of like Oceans 11

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 03:35 AM
We should find out where the warehouses are located and let a certain few from Toolnavy go on a mission to get a copy, sort of like Oceans 11

Oh you wish TDN had people that good looking.

Well I'm sure someone on this site can at least do better than Julia Roberts.

ElDespertador
04-05-2006, 03:41 AM
The thing that really pisses me off: price for 10,000 days in the US around 14 dolars...well,I placed an order on a portuguese shop so that I can pick up my copy of the record on May the 2nd...and I'm paying 18,45 Euro (price might change,so they say).Which is about 22 US dolars! :(((

-guess Tool is the only band right now that would make me pay such a big difference to get my hands on it's record the day it comes out
Oh,the price for Undertow around here nowadays on most record shops is around 18 euro also....absurd!

That's a bargain, check this (http://www.freerecordshop.fi/pages/productview.asp?productid=22830&navid=2) and this (http://www.freerecordshop.fi/pages/productview.asp?ProductID=28437&navid=2) out.

Welcome to Finland!...

(I bought my copy of Opiate on my latest trip to US, so at least i wasn't ripped off like this...
though, luckily we got many more reasonably priced music stores here also...;) )

Rubb.
04-05-2006, 03:41 AM
i have to pay $31

Code of the Streets
04-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Ten oughta do it, don't you think? You think we need one more? You think we need one more. All right, we'll get one more.

skane
04-05-2006, 03:45 AM
Cheer up Skane. You're not alone. CD's cost between 18-22 euros in Finland also.

thing is,what's the minimum wage in Finland nowadays? 1000€? 1500?

in Portugal it's about 400euro...a so called average salary could be between 500 and 800....

when I lived in the Netherlands (where I bought Lateralus,for instance) I also used to pay about 17 to 20€ per record but earned about 4x more than I do with a better job in portugal...

Staralfur
04-05-2006, 03:56 AM
well i'm paying 25 euros to get it hopefully on May 2nd..but hey "Moneys only paper only ink" :D

slicknickshady
04-05-2006, 03:58 AM
What i'm getting at is 10,000 days is getting ready to ship to wearhouses where in a few weeks they will be shipped to the stores.

Grimface
04-05-2006, 03:59 AM

Yeah. About 1300 € I'd say.

STA
04-05-2006, 04:06 AM
I paid 18 pounds for a Taproot CD when a pound was worth about $1.91. That's $34.38. For Taproot. TAPROOT.

What a mistake, I can't talk about it anymore.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 04:07 AM
that's a deep burn

slicknickshady
04-05-2006, 04:12 AM
I paid 18 pounds for a Taproot CD when a pound was worth about $1.91. That's $34.38. For Taproot. TAPROOT.

What a mistake, I can't talk about it anymore.

They are from Ann Arbor Mi. Thats a great town. I'm heading down there later. I hate UofM but i love the town.

STA
04-05-2006, 04:16 AM
They are from Ann Arbor Mi. Thats a great town. I'm heading down there later. I hate UofM but i love the town.

I actually like a couple of songs by Taproot. But if you haven't already purchased an entire Taproot CD, I really recommend that you never do in the future.

I imagine I'll end up paying 12 pounds for 10,000 Days.

slicknickshady
04-05-2006, 04:35 AM
I actually like a couple of songs by Taproot. But if you haven't already purchased an entire Taproot CD, I really recommend that you never do in the future.

I imagine I'll end up paying 12 pounds for 10,000 Days.

I love the song "Birthday" it reminds me off our dog we recently had to put to sleep Ruby. The first time I heard it I cried. The lyrics

"and if i had just one more day
id tell you everything
everything i had to say
i miss u
and if i had just one more day
id show you one last thing
honesty believes in fate
and fate is what ive gained"

So so true.

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 04:36 AM
They are from the home of the wolverines? Well that helps explain it.

slicknickshady
04-05-2006, 04:37 AM
They are from the home of the wolverines? Well that helps explain it.

I hate SCum.

D-Day_Daddy
04-05-2006, 05:24 AM
So what's with all this online ordering? Even if they do ship it out on time to get it to your house on the 2nd, you have to wait for the mail-man. My mail doesn't come until 3 in the afternoon. No, I'll just stop in at my local Sam Goody at 9am. Impatient? You can call me that, but I think I've waited long enough.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 05:28 AM
yeah well we have sheep-mail here, it'd reach me sometime 2007. I'm all about in-store purchases.

Hippo
04-05-2006, 05:57 AM
I hate SCum.
It's okay, friend: I hate (s)cum too. :]

Bogart
04-05-2006, 06:52 AM
So what's with all this online ordering? Even if they do ship it out on time to get it to your house on the 2nd, you have to wait for the mail-man. My mail doesn't come until 3 in the afternoon. No, I'll just stop in at my local Sam Goody at 9am. Impatient? You can call me that, but I think I've waited long enough.
I agree, and there is also a little satisfaction when you go to a record store or whatnot, and buy an album you've been waiting for. May 2nd will be a good day.

tooldude
04-05-2006, 06:54 AM
i work for ups and i happen to load one of the trucks that delivers to best buy....you can usually tell what is inside the package from the sticker.....unfortunately i havent came across any tool shipments yet but i will definitely be paying more close attention..

kyyuulle
04-05-2006, 07:06 AM
http://www.toolcollector.net/fake_artwork/8.jpg
i was half drunk when i made that cover

tool BETTER put out something better than my toot logo.

also: i think it is safe to say that this album will leak within the next 2-3 weeks?

Metalhos
04-05-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm talking about the warehouses, not stores. Yeah I see no reason the stores should get copies from the warehouse until the last week. As for shelving it, there are HUGE fines for products placed early, especially for chains. The threat of fines is rarely followed through with, but it's done just enough to keep most chains from shelving early.

ah ok. translating error by me. in germany, we have the word "warenhaus" - which is similar to a supermarket (but - in usage of this word - a bit outdated).

so in your terms, warehouse is more a "logistic" part of the transport - network? in this case, i think it won't be there that early as well. possibly 2 days before official release cause modern transport logistic is real fast, nearly "in and out". (this info based on an earlier job i had in a transport office for bridgestone tires).

Rubb.
04-05-2006, 07:29 AM
got any vacancies there?

Rubb.
04-05-2006, 07:34 AM
sign me up.

Rubb.
04-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Hmm...is there some kind of Australia/US Teleportation service in action yet? If not I might have to look else where...

Exoskeletal
04-05-2006, 08:50 AM

in Portugal it's about 400euro...a so called average salary could be between 500 and 800....

when I lived in the Netherlands (where I bought Lateralus,for instance) I also used to pay about 17 to 20€ per record but earned about 4x more than I do with a better job in portugal...

Yep, we live in the third world. And that's the reason I download so many mp3, I barely have money to buy CDs, it's been ages since I bought one. Tool will make it worth.
This sucks...

meatstick
04-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Best thread so far.
I work in a marketing/design department for a major company here in Los Angeles. One of our senior designers here was also involved in working on the CD book for AEnima and now 10,000 Days. I've tried to offer him liqour, drugs and a whole lotta butt-secks for a little info.....NADA!!!! His lips are sealed tighter than a six-year olds bunghole.
BUT. he decided to tease me last Friday and brought up on his Mac a portion of the page he was responsible for. Honestly, I couldn't make heads or tails of it, but I almost jizzed in my jeans just looking at a little piece of Tool history in the making.

I think you should hold him at gunpoint, and get the image off his PC.
Maybe thats a little drastic, but hey, you would be credited with some major points from the TDN users.

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Ten oughta do it, don't you think? You think we need one more? You think we need one more. All right, we'll get one more.

I laughed. Nice reference.

etaipo
04-05-2006, 09:39 AM

It's the thrill I guess!

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm seriously thinking about grabbing it a month early, I don't care much for the job and already have another one lined up. But I wouldnt want to go to jail over this.

I just remembered we get our new releases from UPS and I usually open up the boxes to find out what they are and take them to merch so if I'm working the day we get them then I'd at least be one of the first to see it at our store.
So you just say you received one copy less than the invoice says... :P

etaipo
04-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Whats up everyone,
I'm doubting that it'll be at stores for a few weeks still, it's probably "in transit" to the warehouses. We still got 22 days peeps! I'm also still hoping that the album title is a hoax. TooL knows how easy it is to manipulate the public, and have easily done it (at least Im hopin that's what it is). They gave an album title and tracklist, and an album mini, which is a greyscale version of THIS (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/dafreakindragon/AlexGreyExhibit.jpg), the big face on the left, and the public ran with it and now it's what it is. Tool, one of the most original bands in the world, is gonna just copy a peice of that for their album cover, then call it a rip-off of Disturbed's latest? I just really honestly have a hard time beleiving that my favorite non-conformist original badass band can't even come up with originality as far as these items are concerned. Regardless the outcome of this stuff, I'm sure the album is going to rule, no doubt about it. I'm just still not believing it until I see actual printed material, like promo posters or the real album artwork. It's easy to change the album name on some price tags, just like changing the price. That doesn't mean it's 100%, at least in my opinion. I haven't seen any concrete printed material that makes it a definite positive about any of this information.

Call it hopes or dreams or whatever, I just hope TooL didn't lose that originality that I love about them.

Preach it brother, now your talkin' my language! We've really got to stop being so vulnerable. Great Points!

etaipo
04-05-2006, 09:47 AM
May2, I will be putting that album on itunes in my car, and will be forcing that album on the world! "This is the best band!" SOLISTEN

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Haha, shut up.A month and a half before it came out?

Any comments?
That was the same for me - I think it was the first seven tracks one day, the rest the next, and that's all there was to be found.Oh you wish TDN had people that good looking.

Well I'm sure someone on this site can at least do better than Julia Roberts.
I resent that! Agree with the second bit though.

Underalus
04-05-2006, 10:43 AM
I just want someone to get Vicarious and leak that. This is my first Tool release (I missed Lateralus by maybe 2 months and am SO angry about it), so I want to go in only having heard the single. I think if the band is willing to release a single before the album, then they intended for people to hear it and it shouldn't damage the experience.

Inner_Eulogy
04-05-2006, 10:56 AM

Ain't it cool how our good ole' American money is worth more than everyone elses? lol

Inner_Eulogy
04-05-2006, 11:04 AM
All this nonsense talk about release dates and sissiness (if that's even a word), what we all REALLY should be doing is working together and meticulously planning a fool proof infiltration into one of these warehouses and nabbing a load of the Tool CD's....NOW WHO'S WITH ME??!!!

RedVilliam
04-05-2006, 11:10 AM

Average salary is 500 - 800 euros? Is that a week's worth of work or what? Cause if that's 500 euros a week that's way better then your average american job of about 250 euro a week. I'm am generalizing the exchange rate though, figureing 1 euro = 2 US dollars.

Exoskeletal
04-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately that's a month of work. And 1 euro is about 0.8 US dollars.

pork chops
04-05-2006, 11:20 AM

check out the Firefly Club. it's a fantastic Jazz and Blues club with live music. you'll love it.

STA
04-05-2006, 11:21 AM

The Euro is worth over $1.2.

RedVilliam
04-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Is that how they pay, per month? And I thought the euro was stronger then that, your right though, but I'm real bad at European exchange. I'm much better with yen, and the asian markets. haha

Havokb8
04-05-2006, 11:24 AM
All this nonsense talk about release dates and sissiness (if that's even a word), what we all REALLY should be doing is working together and meticulously planning a fool proof infiltration into one of these warehouses and nabbing a load of the Tool CD's....NOW WHO'S WITH ME??!!!

Now your talking man too much talk its time for action..ill grab the ski masks

Fap
04-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm sure this means other retail outlets are getting shipments, so I should keep my eyes peeled. But I won't do anything stupid like steal, I'll just stare at the jewel case.

Also- another week and a half until the new single!

RedVilliam
04-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Your right Exo, 0.8158 but its down 100th over yesterday. Same thing for my yen unfortunately =(

BuckeyeBassist
04-05-2006, 12:31 PM
I hate SCum.

Are we still talking about our hate for Michigan?

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Are we still talking about our hate for Michigan?

Ey fuck you. Michigan could bitch slap the hell out of your pathetic, bland state any day.

Lamb & Martyr^
04-05-2006, 12:40 PM
I met a tasty baby in Michigan.
Now I'm talking about the road.

Hoffman27
04-05-2006, 12:57 PM
if you see the jewel case or whatever it comes in (personally I think they're getting into digipacks) please at least take a photo for us. Thanks, great thread.

lachrymoIogy
04-05-2006, 01:05 PM
I met a tasty baby in Michigan.
Now I'm talking about the road. screwed two times then I left. why cant i stay in one place.... for more than two days, why?!

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 01:08 PM
lachrymotion, any news?

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Ey fuck you. Michigan could bitch slap the hell out of your pathetic, bland state any day.
But neither add up to California :P

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
But neither add up to California :P

Which is really just a giant, Starbucks-infested wannabe Florida.

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 01:15 PM

In what? Because it certainly isn't a sport ;-)

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Starbucks infested yes, but wannabe Florida? You can have your old people and hurricanes, we'll keep our awesome Mexican food and earthquakes.

KJM
Which is really just a giant, Starbucks-infested wannabe Florida.

You're kidding right? You'd have to be.

KJM
Not to mention their shitty swamp land and humidity

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Ultimately, I'd take Florida over California any day. We have our low points, but we have our shit together a lot more than California.

Cid
04-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Ultimately, I'd take Florida over California any day. We have our low points, but we have our shit together a lot more than California.

i haven't lived in california for too long, but it seems to have its shit together, whatever you mean by that. can you elaborate?

going by the people, weather, beaches, etc....california is much better than florida.

BuckeyeBassist
04-05-2006, 01:24 PM
i was mainly talking about football but ok

Boozy Eulogist
04-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I'd say Ohio's concerting also dominates Michigan.

Unless you like Radiohead. They jerk it to GR

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Politics - Yes, Jeb Bush sucks, but I would take him over Arnold. At least he knows how to effectively run a state.

Taxes and Expenses - The cost of gas, the cost of living, everything is much more expensive in California.

Traffic - California driving is hell.

Beaches - I will agree that there are some amazing beaches in California and the Pacific ocean is awesome, but we have some great spots here (St. Augustine, St. Petersburg, the Keys) that more than make up for it, especially since it costs less to get there and stay there.

Weather - Yeah, we suck on that one. I'll agree.

The only thing that I will say about California is that you guys have a great music scene, and there is obviously no denying that. The state is just a magnet for bands, maybe because it's such a market. Other than that, I love Florida.

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 01:33 PM
You guys don't know how to vote (or count votes) though! :P

But then we do have the Governator... I say that's a close call. You having a Bush might be a point in Cali's favour, though.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
hahaha, the joke is on all of you for living in the states.

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 01:37 PM

He wins.

Octopod
04-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Or, if you consider our foreign policy and the havok it reaks, the joke is on the rest of the world.

Perseensilmä
04-05-2006, 01:40 PM
http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?navroot=905&session=1

SME-8287681-9912

KJM
04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Or, if you consider our foreign policy and the havok it reaks, the joke is on the rest of the world.

Even without considering it, we may not have the best healthcare and education and choices politically, but I'd be lying if I said in a lot of cases we don't have it better than any place I can think of.

Sure it's fun to say "America sucks", but I wouldn't really want to live anywhere else.

slicknickshady
04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
yes my hate for the university of michigan. SCum.

KJM
04-05-2006, 01:43 PM
no one likes you

Perseensilmä
04-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Even without considering it, we may not have the best healthcare and education and choices politically, but I'd be lying if I said in a lot of cases we don't have it better than any place I can think of.

Sure it's fun to say "America sucks", but I wouldn't really want to live anywhere else.

Haha. The joke is on you. You should really get to know the rest of the world and perhaps you wouldn´t talk shit like that anymore.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 01:45 PM
i've lived in the states, michigan to be precise (saw TOOL play Grand Rapids 9/13 2001 (supposed to be 9/11 2001 but there were those terror attacks)).

and while i did enjoy my time there, the total encapsulation that so many american people have in their own country is dumbfounding. have some outward views, for fuck's sake.

tempathy
04-05-2006, 01:52 PM
you all jacked this thread to talk about how much your state sucks?

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 01:53 PM
I used to live in Canada - no complaints for me here in Cali right now, so not on me :P

Grimface
04-05-2006, 01:53 PM
http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?navroot=905&session=1

SME-8287681-9912

Holy hell. The price has gone down one euro since I last checked..which was about 10 hours ago. Maybe I should preorder it now.

KJM
04-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Haha. The joke is on you. You should really get to know the rest of the world and perhaps you wouldn´t talk shit like that anymore.

my girlfriend is an anthropolgy major with a minor in human rights, maybe you're the one that should look around.

and I didn't talk shit at all. I said a lot of things in America are better than other countries, such as free speech. Why is it talking shit when an American says something, but not if someone from another country does?

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 02:07 PM
i've lived in the states, michigan to be precise (saw TOOL play Grand Rapids 9/13 2001 (supposed to be 9/11 2001 but there were those terror attacks)).

and while i did enjoy my time there, the total encapsulation that so many american people have in their own country is dumbfounding. have some outward views, for fuck's sake.
That's true of many, as I've seen from both outside while in Canada and now inside, but not all. Seems to be better out west here than in the middle of the country (Michigan included).

Octopod
the total encapsulation that so many american people have in their own country is dumbfounding. have some outward views, for fuck's sake.

We are too self-important in our attitudes, I will agree there. But it isn't the worst place in the world for the money it costs.

Perseensilmä
You have a minor in your pants....

What the hell does your girlfriend have to do with this?

KJM
04-05-2006, 02:09 PM
dude, you can live in the middle of country and judge everyone else. you just judged the people in the country for not knowing enough when you clearly don't know a lot about this country as it is. I've been to a lot of places, only one spot outside of america and many spots within.

I can say there are great differences everywhere you go.

KJM
04-05-2006, 02:10 PM
You have a minor in your pants....

What the hell does your girlfriend have to do with this?

Because I discuss global politics and social issues with her on a daily basis. If it makes a difference, I've taken anthropology as well and you sound like a 13 year old with a need to rebel.

Hannibal
04-05-2006, 02:11 PM
my girlfriend is an anthropolgy major with a minor in human rights, maybe you're the one that should look around.

and I didn't talk shit at all. I said a lot of things in America are better than other countries, such as free speech. Why is it talking shit when an American says something, but not if someone from another country does?

because everyone hates us...

KJM
04-05-2006, 02:12 PM
which is absurd. you can't hate many for the actions of few. how fucking brainless is that?

I wouldn't go to austria or germany and hate on everyone there for WWII.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 02:13 PM
anthropology is child's play.

magnolia
04-05-2006, 02:15 PM
*sigh* can someone PLEASE either change the title of this topic to "American Pride", or change the subject matter back?

anyone?

KJM
wow you just totally won that argument

KJM
*sigh* can someone PLEASE either change the title of this topic to "American Pride", or change the subject matter back?

anyone?

proof - it is off track, but my point was that just because someone says something positive you shouldn't be a dick about it.

the cds are getting shipped, back on track now..oh yea.

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 02:22 PM
dude, you can live in the middle of country and judge everyone else. you just judged the people in the country for not knowing enough when you clearly don't know a lot about this country as it is. I've been to a lot of places, only one spot outside of america and many spots within.

I can say there are great differences everywhere you go.
That's true, the US is very different from place to place... I've been to about half of the states so far and have definitely seen that. One reason why I don't like hearing the generalizations made by those outside, though I can understand why they have the impressions they do, having lived in Canada.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 02:22 PM
"cds"? IS THAT SOME AMERICAN PROPAGANDA? A SECRET ATTACK CODE?

man this album's gonna rock.

magnolia
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
proof - it is off track, but my point was that just because someone says something positive you shouldn't be a dick about it.

the cds are getting shipped, back on track now..oh yea.
I agree that these people are being dicks for reasons as useless as what part of the planet they sit their asses on, but I think that retarded arguments should be saved for retards, and that it is much more enjoyable to stick with the topic at hand.

I've taken the LIBERTY of starting a thread for those off-topic:
http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=39839

And yes, the CD's are in transit, awesome. Someone please bust open a box and take some pictures.

Happyfunball
04-05-2006, 02:29 PM
I have more of a Bill Hicks approach to the whole patriotism thing. My parents fucked here, and thru-out the years I've been force-fed all the reasons why America is great and everywhere else is bad. It's not much of a reason to be proud though if you ask me and I, just like every other person in the world, had no choice in the matter regarding where I was born or what kind of ideals I was raised on. Now that I'm an adult I'm quite thankful that I've at least tried (and am still trying) to carve my own path, but most people are willing to simply go with whatever they were told and assume they were born in the country that is the best and to people who have the best ideas about life.

I don't hate America, but I absolutely see what I view to be flaws in it every day. There's nothing wrong with that. But neither do I hate other countries (or their people) simply because I live in America. The world is no place for the High School pep rally mentality.

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 02:33 PM
I agree that these people are being dicks for reasons as useless as what part of the planet they sit their asses on, but I think that retarded arguments should be saved for retards, and that it is much more enjoyable to stick with the topic at hand.

I've taken the LIBERTY of starting a thread for those off-topic:
http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=39839

And yes, the CD's are in transit, awesome. Someone please bust open a box and take some pictures.
Wow, glad you put it back on topic, you had so much to contribute :P

magnolia
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Wow, glad you put it back on topic, you had so much to contribute :P
I just like being a dick every now and again.

Now what's this about California being better than Florida?

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Same here, hence my post (and the others I made in this thread), hehe.

Haven't been to Florida yet, but they know how to count votes here, at least.

crmsnghst
04-05-2006, 02:48 PM
This thread has gone way off topic. Try to stick to some useful information. I know A.D.D. sucks but....

magnolia
04-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Haven't been to Florida yet, but they know how to count votes here, at least.
Plus, your governor rules: http://www.kunsthallewien.at/downloads/presse/Teller/02)%20Arnold%20in%20Alligator.jpg

Cid
04-05-2006, 02:51 PM
I have more of a Bill Hicks approach to the whole patriotism thing. My parents fucked here, and thru-out the years I've been force-fed all the reasons why America is great and everywhere else is bad. It's not much of a reason to be proud though if you ask me and I, just like every other person in the world, had no choice in the matter regarding where I was born or what kind of ideals I was raised on. Now that I'm an adult I'm quite thankful that I've at least tried (and am still trying) to carve my own path, but most people are willing to simply go with whatever they were told and assume they were born in the country that is the best and to people who have the best ideas about life.

I don't hate America, but I absolutely see what I view to be flaws in it every day. There's nothing wrong with that. But neither do I hate other countries (or their people) simply because I live in America. The world is no place for the High School pep rally mentality.

what this guy said...

dracomordag
04-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I love how people are begging to get this back on topic when there's obviously nothing more on-topic to be discussed. the CDs are in transit. end of story.

magnolia
04-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I love how people are begging to get this back on topic when there's obviously nothing more on-topic to be discussed. the CDs are in transit. end of story.
Case closed, Nancy Drew.

KJM
04-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I got the new tool album, PM me if you want a copy.

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 03:34 PM
R U SHUR?

KJM
04-05-2006, 03:35 PM
It's definitely tool, the first track is like 35 minutes long and there's screaming and shit with lots of 5/4 7/8 3/4 6/18 transitions who else could it be?

Ertai
04-05-2006, 03:37 PM
FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!
fuck the horde... i play alliance and have tier 2 epic set

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Plus, your governor rules: http://www.kunsthallewien.at/downloads/presse/Teller/02)%20Arnold%20in%20Alligator.jpg
I hope that's not a Florida gator? That might force me to concede that the Floridian in here was right...This thread has gone way off topic. Try to stick to some useful information. I know A.D.D. sucks but....
But what? Get distracted?

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Well last I knew there was a couple of people that worked for Circuit City that were going to check warehouses today. So maybe they'll have some new info.

magnolia
04-05-2006, 05:22 PM
I hope that's not a Florida gator? That might force me to concede that the Floridian in here was right...
lol

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 06:18 PM
So I guess we'll keep waiting.

NoD
04-05-2006, 09:24 PM
this thread is a fucking hoax, maynard is actually driving across the country the last week of april delivering the cds himself to prevent leaks

KJM
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
OK for you weirdos who can't detect a joke or sarcasm, I don't actually have the tool album. So stop asking.

Hannibal
04-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Man...America is so cool. We have everything here. We've got the best music coming straight from LA and such. Stuff like 50 Cent, that shows true emotion. Man...I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. Man....America....wow....yeah....

PS - Canada blows

Ryan
04-05-2006, 10:47 PM
i have it.

Ryan
04-05-2006, 10:48 PM
1,000 Minutes

KJM
04-05-2006, 10:52 PM
They changed the name to One Hot Minute to fuck with the peppers fans while they wait for their new album too.

The Official Fiction
04-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Man...America is so cool. We have everything here. We've got the best music coming straight from LA and such. Stuff like 50 Cent, that shows true emotion. Man...I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. Man....America....wow....yeah....

PS - Canada blows

Wow...yeah....exactly....fucking hilarious

Canada = Good

ProdigyDub
04-05-2006, 11:13 PM

Same reason it's racism if a white guy uses a slur against a minority, but nobody cares whenever that same white guy gets called a Cracker or Gringo or whatever else.

...not saying I advocate racial slurs, just that it's the same basic principle.

Perseensilmä
04-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Because I discuss global politics and social issues with her on a daily basis. If it makes a difference, I've taken anthropology as well and you sound like a 13 year old with a need to rebel.

Oh, you discuss politics with her!!! Does she even deserve his grades or something?

KJM
04-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh, you discuss politics with her!!! Does she even deserve his grades or something?

what? you're either 12 years old, never graduated highschool, or english isn't your first language.

take your pick. you shouldn't be ashamed of any of those. they'll just help to put, well, you, into perspective.

Perseensilmä
04-06-2006, 12:33 AM
English isn´t my first language. We don´t have separate words for he and she in our language so sometimes wrong personas just kinda slip accidentally. We only have two words for the singular third persona, one for humans and one for everything else but humans.

Bleakest Harvest
04-06-2006, 01:51 AM
I am the new Tool album. Bow down before me.

rimb
04-06-2006, 04:59 AM
You've stolen your avatar from the bunglefever messageboard.

Hannibal
04-06-2006, 05:49 AM

pretty sure animated ones aren't allowed stinkfister

KJM
04-06-2006, 07:11 AM
English isn´t my first language. We don´t have separate words for he and she in our language so sometimes wrong personas just kinda slip accidentally. We only have two words for the singular third persona, one for humans and one for everything else but humans.

I figured it was that

ifrigginghatethis
04-06-2006, 07:23 AM
this thread should be closed, wtf are the moderators

Bleakest Harvest
04-06-2006, 07:24 AM
pretty sure animated ones aren't allowed stinkfisterDuly rectumified.

slicknickshady
04-06-2006, 07:27 AM
back on topic.

paraflux
04-06-2006, 07:29 AM
this thread should be closed, wtf are the moderators

*waves*

smirk
04-06-2006, 07:51 AM
why should this be closed

*also waves*

ifrigginghatethis
04-06-2006, 07:55 AM
lol

:0<

lachrymotion
04-06-2006, 12:24 PM
no picture...its still reads "In Transit"

as I stated from the beginning (and others pointed out as well) this could mean it is in transit TO the warehousing facility, and not our (or other) particular stores.

If and when it shows up, and for some odd reason it hasn't leaked already (cover art and whatnot...I wont leak music even if I had it), Ill snap a pic

moneyisevil
04-06-2006, 01:09 PM
About 15 minutes from where I live there is what is called a Flea Market. Hopefully most of you know what that is, and in case you don't I'll tell you. Its basically a big ass one floor indoor shopping mall where people set up their own booths and try to seel anything from jewlery, guitars, clothes, comic books, etc. Well there is this one booth that sells CDS/DVDS and some how the fucker always gets CD's a few days/week before the official release date (examples: Slipknots album, eMotive, Rob Zombie) so I'm hoping this dude will get the new TOOL album ahead of time. I think I'm gonna head down there this weekend (its only opened on the weekends) and I'll report back with my findings

STA
04-06-2006, 01:11 PM
About 15 minutes from where I live there is what is called a Flea Market. Hopefully most of you know what that is, and in case you don't I'll tell you. Its basically a big ass one floor indoor shopping mall where people set up their own booths and try to seel anything from jewlery, guitars, clothes, comic books, etc. Well there is this one booth that sells CDS/DVDS and some how the fucker always gets CD's a few days/week before the official release date (examples: Slipknots album, eMotive, Rob Zombie) so I'm hoping this dude will get the new TOOL album ahead of time. I think I'm gonna head down there this weekend (its only opened on the weekends) and I'll report back with my findings

Ok, buy one for me, too.

Spaceman Spiff
04-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Can you leak it? :P

spitcodfry
04-11-2006, 05:21 PM
The guy who wrote up my order said their first shipment is expected to be 426 copies! And so far only six people have put down pre-orders heh. Is that a normal shipment load for a new release like this? That seems like overkill but with Tool I'm sure its not. I kinda felt stupid putting a reserve down with so many copies available. I mean with that many they could fill a shit ton of shelves.

KJM
04-11-2006, 05:22 PM
that doesn't seem like overkill to me.

psims23
04-11-2006, 05:25 PM
If this album doesn't debut number one on the billboards Im going to crap myself

spitcodfry
04-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Who are they competing with that week also? Pearl Jam? No content imo.