PDA

View Full Version : Crucifixion

paraflux
03-13-2003, 07:29 AM
What do we think Jesus' death was like? If you are atheist and therefore hold the belief that there is no God, just imagine the hypothetical like Maynard allows. After all the beatings and crown of thorns and carrying his own cross, I imagine the final moments were actually quite calm. Like this song.

I think Maynard crucifies himself in this piece, or at least the part of him that needs to be done away with so that another part of him could live better. How many times does he need to say "crucify the ego before its far too late?" And since the last three are connected (the schematics on the back of the album cover should erase any doubt that the last three are connected) then perhaps this is the first step, to crucify the ego, and this is the actual process described, or on a higher level, felt.

After Jesus died the skies turned black for three days.

Watch the weather change.

euthanasia
03-13-2003, 08:14 AM
Perhaps: Perhaps we will never know.
What attracts me the most in this song is the Crucifixion of the Ego. Crucifixion are for martyrs, since our Lord Jesus Christ died in the Cross.

So why is it necessary to make a martyr out of ego?

stillclover
03-13-2003, 08:24 AM
atheism doesnt mean you dont believe in people. jesus was a person. no more god than we are. just the next step.

paraflux
03-13-2003, 08:29 AM
If we kill the part of us that keeps us from enjoying heaven, and we do it because of what we think, or believe, or KNOW, then that makes the ego a martyr of sorts, doesnt it?

paraflux
03-13-2003, 08:58 AM
No more god than we are, correct. More god than most people realize? Yes, thats why he was who he was and why so many people followed him.

paraflux
03-14-2003, 07:12 AM
yes, a lot of christians preach "to be like Christ." Why then all the fuss when we try to be like Christ?

spiralion
03-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Being Jesus is standing up for what you believe in and not giving in to what others want you to be. And jesus dieing is such a big deal because he stood up for what he believed in and he died as an insparation and to lead the way to freedom.

SiDMaN101
03-16-2003, 01:21 AM
I think Jesus was the greatest Deceivers of all times and for that he gets credit for and well all Organized Religion Holds back Individual Spirituality why fallow what some one shoves in your face on every Sunday and with even crazier Cults opps i mean "Religions" Wednesdays Saturdays and possibly others that i don't know of and well the most fucked up Cult opps damn it i mean "Religious Organization" known as Catholic (AKA: Young boy lovers) i mean come on i know cathedrals are houses of God but do they have to be so Gaudy i mean woah damn they have more gold i there then Master P can we say "Bling Bling" well anyway you all can hate me for this post or not care or for those who are not blinded by all this Bull Shit these fast talking nutty Cult leaders (Preachers/pasters/etc.) throw at you you might just like it.

Peace oh yes and Smile Jesus Loves you :)

paraflux
03-17-2003, 01:02 PM
I think a little coherence might be in order.

Who fusses when we try to be like christ? Christians do. I have been called a sinner by everyone from my old sunday school teacher to my own father. All I did was break away from the hypocrisy of the church to develop my path towards christ consciousness. I never understood why the attitude in church was "we are but lowly men, who can never fathom the power or see the face of God." I HATED that shit, because if we are made in God's image, why the hell CAN'T we not only fathom and see, but BE!!!!

I dont care if Jesus actually historically existed on this plane or not. The story is still the same. And I am becoming more like him everyday, to the sad dismay of my family and old friends. I feel like choking this infant (unevolotionary-minded people) here before me. As I throw their fucking throats away, I know there can be no other way.

paraflux
03-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Do the girls like that? Man, I should have tried that when I was in high school. Back then I could just get slapped. Now I could get arrested.

rpulkys
03-22-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by SiDMaN101
I think Jesus was the greatest Deceivers of all times and for that he gets credit for and well all Organized Religion Holds back Individual Spirituality why fallow what some one shoves in your face on every Sunday and with even crazier Cults opps i mean "Religions" Wednesdays Saturdays and possibly others that i don't know of and well the most fucked up Cult opps damn it i mean "Religious Organization" known as Catholic

Buddy its great you have such strong convictions about such things, but try and sound a little more intelligent. Otherwise you're not convincing anybody of anything, you're just making yourself look like the nutjob.

Paraflux, great Pushit reference thrown in there!

futile
03-26-2003, 01:43 PM
The main thing that Christians forget, or choose to forget is that Jesus turned the other cheek. When you start talking about how u would like to choke them- im sure most of us would agree that it would be fun- it shows that ur just doing what they want you todo. The best thing ive done to release my anger about these sorta situations is to just look at them as a whole. If what they are doing is making them happy so be it. I have no right to judge them as they judge me. (as they have no right to judge at all, nor do i).

I have been in those situations in which a catholic is telling me that i am going to hell for not excepting christ as my savior. aside from wanting to throw there head into the wall and watch the blood drip from there face and hear them cry in agon....ok i got off the subject. I dont know that they are wrong, and i dont know that they are right. "True knowledge is in knowing that we know nothing"

also if they want to pass judgment on to me. and back up there religous beliefs with excuses instead of answers, then thats their draw back. by excuses i mean things like "where did dinosaur bones come from if they didnt exist" then they say "god put them there to test our faith" (yes that is from bill hicks.) I asked the son of a priest if he believed in dinosoars. he said no. i asked him where did the bones come from? he said because of the jolly green giant. of course he was joking but he couldnt give me a straight answer

penguin juice

paraflux
03-27-2003, 07:08 AM
whoa whoa. I do not wish to physically choke an infant, or an unevolutionary-minded individual. It only becomes my desire to when it is necessary for survival. And it may very well be. I wish no physical harm to come to anyone who tells me I am going to hell (well, maybe just a little, but thats not really the point). When Maynard says he chokes this infant, and throws their fucking throats away, its all metaphorical. In the most animalistic sense, if something is standing in your way between you and life, what are you gonna do? Choose life. If that involves choking whatever is in y our way, so be it. Survival is one of our biggest instincts, if not our sole instinct.

Yiakovos
04-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Wow. You guys seem vto be very open-minded and intelligent. I personally have a scientific mind, I have absolutely no faith in religion of any kind, and though I tend to think in a scientific way I am never totally sure, everything can be proven wrong. I argue my points of view towards christians who say I'm going to Hell, and most of the time they back it up with cop-outs and baseless excuses, and simply don't let themselves think beyond what they've been taught to believe. It makes me very sad that people are content with following out-dated assumptions which have been altered over the years to fit certain peoples' political agendas. :(

paraflux
04-14-2003, 07:10 AM
Just let that shit slide right off your back. You will go insane with frustration otherwise.

spiralion
04-14-2003, 08:07 AM
and being jesus is being who you naturally are and not what they say you should be

aluchealchemist
04-15-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by aluchealchemist
hey flux, are you the same paraflux of the eat the day board?
anyways, you seem to be a great person, wise, calmed yet active, awake. i say this in a very humbling way.

i was floating in the sea of ignorance, now i sail the lake of wisdom

paraflux
04-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Yes, there can be only one paraflux...lol

yeah I'm the same guy. Dont really visit there much anymore, Lucy the Lawn Bunny and Frank Zappa Sebadoh seem to be taking over the board and turning it into a middle school nonsense place. But I am still interested in the band, and still hope to be their bassist.