PDA

View Full Version : * **ET TESTS ON D

Mr.Rubberburner
04-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Do you guys remember this from the Ouija session? "The terrible secret" Has anyone made any connections at all, now that we have info we didn't have at the time? Granted, not that much info...just a tracklist.

mike tyson
04-04-2006, 07:51 AM
yeah the album secretly came out today

Andorion
04-04-2006, 07:53 AM
A ROET TESTS ON D

is an anagram for:

ROSETTA STONED

could also be:

R OAET TESTS ON D
R AOET TESTS ON D
A ORET TESTS ON D
O RAET TESTS ON D
O ARET TESTS ON D

STA
04-04-2006, 07:57 AM
A ROET TESTS ON D

is an anagram for:

ROSETTA STONED

could also be:

R OAET TESTS ON D
R AOET TESTS ON D
A ORET TESTS ON D
O RAET TESTS ON D
O ARET TESTS ON D

Has that ever been mentioned before? Well done.

tooldude
04-04-2006, 07:59 AM
rosetta stoned.... doesnt sound like a tool song at all sorry :/

Mr.Rubberburner
04-04-2006, 07:59 AM
yeah seriously, good job. And didnt they say the D was for DAve?

phreak03
04-04-2006, 08:00 AM

neither does lost keys, but what are you gonna do...

Nebel
04-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Jambi... LOL

STA
04-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Jambi... LOL

That's the one that really kills me.

phreak03
04-04-2006, 08:03 AM
kinda reminds me of Bambi

STA
04-04-2006, 08:04 AM
As long as it doesn't refer to Jambi the place...that's all I ask.

tooldude
04-04-2006, 08:10 AM
i sure hope they reveal a new tracklisting cuz im disappointed.....

thejesus
04-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Wasn't the 'terrible secret' one that Blair said didn't make it on the album?

Nebel
As long as it doesn't refer to Jambi the place...that's all I ask.

Adam says its named after Jambi the Genie

http://www.citizinemag.com/politics/0303_showdown3.JPG

STA
i sure hope they reveal a new tracklisting cuz im disappointed.....

I'm too infatuated with "Wings for Marie" to wish that the track listing is a fake.

STA
04-04-2006, 08:12 AM
As long as it doesn't refer to Jambi the place or the genie from Pee-Wee's Playhouse...that's all I ask.

You're right, I really should have been more clear about this.

tooldude
04-04-2006, 08:17 AM
wings for marie, vicarious, intension, and vigniti tres can stay

STA
04-04-2006, 08:21 AM

I also don't mind Right in Two.

STA
04-04-2006, 08:28 AM
I like "Right in Two" as well.

What does Vigniti Tres mean?

Twenty-three.

Andorion
04-04-2006, 08:32 AM
We'll see, we'll see.

slamminsalmon
04-04-2006, 08:36 AM

reminds me of giambi

Choice Breath
04-04-2006, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=Quantum]Mecaleca-hi meca-hiney-ho! Mecaleca-hi meca-hiney-ho! Mecaleca-hi meca-hiney-ho!!!! [QUOTE]

Maybe that's the rhythm of the song like the pass the butter thing Adam mentioned in the article. Or maybe it's just jam "b" cause it's the second song on the album and Vicarious is jam "a".

I do not claim that these are good, strong theories. They are almost entirely unfounded speculation and the jam "b" thing is just silly.

Snakedragon
04-04-2006, 08:46 AM

ARGGGGHHHHHH

*RUNS*

dissonance19
04-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm actually interested to see what Rosetta Stoned is about. I like it though. It actually does sound like a Tool song if there is a such a thing. Their titles were always strange. Getting into them in '97, I saw the titles from their albums and not all of them seemed like great titles. Neither do some of em now. Lateralus came out, they were fairly simple titles to me. But I like the songs so. Don't matter to me.

But I like Vicarious, Jambi (just sounds cool), Intension, Wings for Marie, Rosetta Stoned. And 10,000 Days as a title has grown on me so.

Once we hear the songs, it will grow on you more as you say how you like this or that song.

praefector
04-04-2006, 08:58 AM

and "the pot" as well

psims23
04-04-2006, 09:01 AM
All of the track albums are brilliant.... brilliant!

blair's man sausage
04-04-2006, 09:23 AM

as long as its not bambi II...dumbfucks at disney

Goldfoot
04-04-2006, 09:37 AM
There's a space that you forgot. It looks like this:

* ** ET TESTS ON D

Dross
04-04-2006, 09:38 AM

I'm bored and just to prove it to you, the new track names fit right along with the older track names.

Jimmy (you) Useful Idiot Hooker with a Penis

Jerk-off Prison Sex (with a) Stinkfist

You lied, (you), lost keys(blame Hofmann))

H...ush (the) Message to Harry Manback,

(Titled) Cesaro Summability (with) Rosetta Stoned,

Crawl Away disgustipated, cold and ugly

The Patient Part of Me, (the) Third Eye

Vicarious Intolerance Intermission Intension

Sweat (and) Sober (to) The Pot (not)

46 & 2 + 4 degrees + Vigneti Tres = 10,000 days (hey that rhymed)

Lipan Conjuring (with the) Swamp Song

Jambi, Part of Me, (the) disposition

Aaaanyway you get the point.

Howard
04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
There's nothing wrong with the titles, the post of Dross proves that you're all idiots for thinking that the titles doesn't fit with TOOL songs.

HolyReality
04-04-2006, 10:12 AM
what the hell does it mean when you say that a track title "doesn't sound like a tool song?" look at all the track titles on undertow and forget you've heard the songs...how great do they all sound?

stop your bitching.

Andorion
04-04-2006, 10:13 AM
There's a space that you forgot. It looks like this:

* ** ET TESTS ON D

A RO ET TESTS ON D
A OR ET TESTS ON D
R OA ET TESTS ON D
R AO ET TESTS ON D
O RA ET TESTS ON D
O AR ET TESTS ON D

I have no idea.

Crucify the Ego
04-04-2006, 10:16 AM
In the newsletter after this one it says that this song (* **et tests on D, "the terrible secret") isn't included in the final album. Good anagram Andorion but what's A Roet?

Dredg
04-04-2006, 10:23 AM
what the hell does it mean when you say that a track title "doesn't sound like a tool song?" look at all the track titles on undertow and forget you've heard the songs...how great do they all sound?

stop your bitching.

you dont even have to say it like that.

Just the simple logical conclusion that.....since when has a TRACK TITLE been the central focus of someone listening to an album.

don't judge a book by its cover and dont judge an album by its tracklist. I cant believe how stupid people can really be.

phreak03
04-04-2006, 10:28 AM
i could careless of the tracklistings, as long as it's good music

mike09
04-04-2006, 11:01 AM
It's not like "The Swamp Song" is any better of a title anyway...

lucydog
04-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Exactly - nobody knows what anything on the album "sounds like". Maybe the names are fake, maybe they arent. There is no point in arguing what is the most Toolish sounding TRACK NAME and what isnt. It makes you look like you need to find more friends or something. The cd case is going to end up in a drawer with all my other tool cd cases. (and thats saying a lot- i usually lose or throw away all my other cd cases)

InertUniformity
04-04-2006, 11:20 AM
yeah the tracktitles are fine...I think the recent interview w/ adam jones proves how little we know about the thematic context that the album is placed within. (ie the pot calling the kettle black)

after reading the interview i really like "the pot" as a title.

back on topic though...i have a bad feeling that this little riddle is more than just an anagram, Simply because BMB said (excuse me Obelisong said) that D = Dave, so it obviously cannot be an anagram ( i think?)

furthermore, BMB asked the enigmatic question: What kind of car does dave drive? To which Obelisong answered "A van".

I have no idea wtf this all means, but i fear that it doesnt matter because like you said, the track appears to have been left off the album...which sucks because i liked BMBs description of it as being "eerie".

Either way...i think to solve this puzzle we need to bust out our enochian dictionarys. Perhaps Dave is one of those ppl AJ mentions that he contacted in regard to his talk box?

Andorion
04-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Why can't you people discuss the topic, why do you have to turn every thread into a shitfest? Just because you have a thought doesn't mean you need to post it.

Does anyone have any more insight about the topic/anagram? Is it really an anagram, or just a coincidence? What does it mean? What's the "Dan" part about? The question/answer has a bunch more related to this same song, what are those answers about?

Q: Can you tell me something about the ?terrible' secret that one of the songs on the new record speaks of?
A: * ** ET TESTS ON D
(NOTE: I've omitted the first three letters of the message for certain reasons, but the spirit's reply is as eerie as the track, itself, which IS saying a lot).

Q: Other than that, do you have any information about this particular song?
A: DIVINEKNOWLEDGECRPOLBAMSTOFGLO

Q: Why is that?
A: WHIPPETS

Q: What exactly do you mean by that?
A: NO RECALL

Q: By "no recall", do you mean that the song doesn't need to be re-mixed and that it has already been printed?
A: YES AND NO
(NOTE: The pointer went to "YES" and then very quickly to "NO." This was amazing, and exactly right, meaning there is no paradox with regards to the answer).

Q: With regards to this same song, what does the letter "D" that you pointed to stand for?
A: DAVE

Q: What kind of vehicle does Dave drive?
A: VAN

Q: Is there anything else you can tell me about this track?
A: 5N6 AMEN
(NOTE: Before I could ask another question, the message indicator began spelling out something else, only this time the message was obtained by using both the ?window' of the planchette and that what it pointed at).

Q: What other number do you associate with this?
A: ** (omitted, but correct)

Q: What is the name of this track?
A: THERE IS NO NAME
(NOTE: This doesn't seem right, but after asking the same question, I got the same answer).

Q: In one word, how would you describe the song that the band is currently mixing?
A: JAM

I'm not sure if the last question is talking about the same track, but as far as I can tell the rest of them are. What's "DIVINEKNOWLEDGECRPOLBAMSTOFGLO"? What's "M33IXOMAXIP"?

HalfASandwidch
04-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Why can't you people discuss the topic, why do you have to turn every thread into a shitfest? Just because you have a thought doesn't mean you need to post it.

Does anyone have any more insight about the topic/anagram? Is it really an anagram, or just a coincidence? What does it mean? What's the "Dan" part about? The question/answer has a bunch more related to this same song, what are those answers about?

I'm not sure if the last question is talking about the same track, but as far as I can tell the rest of them are. What's "DIVINEKNOWLEDGECRPOLBAMSTOFGLO"? What's "M33IXOMAXIP"?
DIVINEKNOWLEDGECRPOLBAMSTOFGLO = divine knowledge but i forget all/everything

...If I remember right. But I'm not sure about M33IXOMAXIP though.

Zenith
04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Twenty-three.

vignet 3

wings for marie pt. 1 & 2 & Vignet 3

jasonchristopher
04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
whether or not rosetta stoned is a real track, I am pretty sure that it was taken from the book "the illuminatus trilogy" and named after a character in the book who was a drug dealer called "Rosetta the Stoned".

zweitracht
04-04-2006, 03:02 PM
whether or not rosetta stoned is a real track, I am pretty sure that it was taken from the book "the illuminatus trilogy" and named after a character in the book who was a drug dealer called "Rosetta the Stoned".

where in the book does this character appear? i don't recall "Rosetta the Stoned" being mentioned, but then again that book is loaded with random minor characters with "punny" names.

etaipo
04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm sure TOOL know what their doing, but I do agree the track titles seem a bit out of character, but TOOL is always re-inventing themselves.

STA
04-04-2006, 03:15 PM

Yes, I thought it might, too. That thread's deleted now, though. Unfortunately, it still would amount to a drug reference, wouldn't it?

jasonchristopher
04-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Yes, I thought it might, too. That thread's deleted now, though. Unfortunately, it still would amount to a drug reference, wouldn't it?

Yeah, It would amount to a drug reference. The character sells weed in a park. It's in the first 50 pages of the book.

Anomaly
04-04-2006, 06:06 PM

" Divine knowledge from a lost PC blog "

" I am mix pox " meaning the mix is going badly

oooooo