PDA

View Full Version : Just a guess...

Ocelot199
04-03-2006, 10:00 PM
People keep talking about April 13th because thats the date Blair had told us the embargo on information would end. Perhaps the 13th is also going to be when Tool put Vicarious on Toolband to stream? Seeing as it goes on air on the 17th, and Schism was streamed from Toolband 4 or 5 days before it went on the air, that makes quite a lot of logical sense... Plus, with the embargo ending, a new single floating around + media coverage is sure to attract a lot of attention to Tool from people who don't regularly follow the band.

So... yeah. New single on the 13th. Thats not even a week and a half away.

::excited::

fraz
04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
sounds good, just before the easter break which means I could have four days off work listening to one song over and over again

Visceralus
04-03-2006, 10:03 PM
you better be right, otherwise there's gonna be trouble

Boozy Eulogist
tick...tick.........tick.......................... tick.............................................. .tick

God I hate clocks.

SoulEdge
Thats not even a week and a half away.

Yes it is.

Scrunzset
04-03-2006, 10:05 PM
tick...tick.........tick.......................... tick.............................................. .tick

God I hate clocks.

Yeah, I hate Coldplay too.

BAD JOKE.

Ocelot199
04-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Yes it is.
Its 9 days away. Last time I checked, a week + 2 days isn't a week and a half.

SoulEdge
04-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Its 9 days away.

10 days for me, which is why I commented.

Ocelot199
04-03-2006, 10:09 PM
10 days for me, which is why I commented.
Stop living in CA or whatever. Then it will be 9 days.

Dun dun dun mindfuck....

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Hopefully we'll get some lyrics in the meantime, as they did with Lateralus.

Ocelot199
04-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Hopefully we'll get some lyrics in the meantime, as they did with Lateralus.
People are also throwing around April 4th (today) as a significant date... aside from Systolic claiming this is when the single would leak, I'm not really sure where this date came from. If it has any connection to the band, though... maybe that means we could get some lyrics later today. A week before the single releases seems like a decent time to release the lyrics to the single.

Or maybe the lyrics will get released on the same day the single gets put on Toolband, giving us all a whole lot of stuff to talk about. That'd be pretty sweet too.

burningsky
04-03-2006, 10:41 PM
I thought that they wait to release the lyrics until after the album is out. I remember reading that somewhere, but i could be wrong.

pensar
04-03-2006, 10:52 PM
i would rather have the lyrics after the album is released....i want to fall in love with the music first....the lyrics next, and then look at the artwork last, annnnnd then thrrrooooww that part away.

i want all the lyrics to be a mystery at first.....the interview stating that the vocals will be mixed in more with the music sounds f'ing brilliant. theres nothing more annoying than lame verses.

Ocelot199
04-03-2006, 10:53 PM
I thought that they wait to release the lyrics until after the album is out. I remember reading that somewhere, but i could be wrong.
Nah, they released the lyrics to Lateralus a few weeks before it came out.

Howard
04-03-2006, 11:02 PM
A friend of mine said once that April 4thl is Blair's mother birthday :c)

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM

They released a lyric a day pretty much in the couple weeks leading up to Lateralus's release.

s ti N Kfizt
04-03-2006, 11:08 PM
A friend of mine said once that April 4thl is Blair's mother birthday :c)
well, i am actually Blair's mother..

amhx147
04-03-2006, 11:10 PM
maybe its already started. someone go ahead and scan blair's posts and put together a song...

Vianney
04-04-2006, 01:03 AM
People are also throwing around April 4th (today) as a significant date... aside from Systolic claiming this is when the single would leak, I'm not really sure where this date came from. If it has any connection to the band, though... maybe that means we could get some lyrics later today. A week before the single releases seems like a decent time to release the lyrics to the single.

Or maybe the lyrics will get released on the same day the single gets put on Toolband, giving us all a whole lot of stuff to talk about. That'd be pretty sweet too.

I think some people interpreted Kabir's message which had "Four (4)" written in the title as 4/4, or April 4th. It may be worth interpreting too, since Kabir said there was something behind the title yet to be discovered. April 4th makes sense to me, but I really have no clue what this day will bring - the single, real tracklisting (given the one we have is fake... and I don't care either way), Blair's mummy's secret birthday bash...

Nebel
04-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I really hope you're right Ocelot, it would make sense considering that was what they did with Schism, wow it feels so surreal thta we're on the verge of new Tool...

DirtyBanana
04-04-2006, 01:22 AM
If we really hear new tool today, i need to get some weed very urgent.

Snakedragon
04-04-2006, 01:32 AM
they'd better release something very soon!

even a verse of lyrics or something would be awesome

Nebel
04-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah I remember on Toolband they used to put a couple of lines of Schism or something every day to tease the fans

Snakedragon
04-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Yeah I remember on Toolband they used to put a couple of lines of Schism or something every day to tease the fans

Those bastards!

i reckon everyone should show up at blair's house and raid it for a copy of 10,000 days

HalfASandwidch
04-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Those bastards!

i reckon everyone should show up at blair's house and raid it for a copy of 10,000 days
And then raid his panty drawer and barbie collection.

mattw
04-04-2006, 01:46 AM

So far we have a few little pieces:

Andy King mentioned the line "You’re the only one who can hold your head up high. It’s my time now… my time now…give me my… give me my…" in his review, corresponding to tracks 3 & 4 so I'm tipping it is somewhere in track 4 ('10,000 Days'), at some point within the 11 minutes and 14 seconds of glory that shall be the title track etc.

Also, the Guitar World article mentions the line "Who are you to wave your finger?" at some stage on the album, possibly in 'The Pot', as in (perhaps) the expression "the pot calling the kettle black"?

Finally, IF Systolic is to be believed (conviction pending), there is a line in 'Vicarious' about "running away from my fear" or something...?

Anyway, that's all we really know for now - more shall come soon...

HalfASandwidch
04-04-2006, 01:49 AM
So far we have a few little pieces:

Andy King mentioned the line "You’re the only one who can hold your head up high. It’s my time now… my time now…give me my… give me my…" in his review, corresponding to tracks 3 & 4 so I'm tipping it is somewhere in track 4 ('10,000 Days'), at some point within the 11 minutes and 14 seconds of glory that shall be the title track etc.

Also, the Guitar World article mentions the line "Who are you to wave your finger?" at some stage on the album, possibly in 'The Pot', as in (perhaps) the expression "the pot calling the kettle black"?

Finally, IF Systolic is to be believed (conviction pending), there is a line in 'Vicarious' about "running away from my fear" or something...?

Anyway, that's all we really know for now - more shall come soon...
Yea I was thinking about that "who are you to wave the finger?" line too. Sounds like it will most definetly be on The Pot.

Havokb8
04-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Just give me the damn single i cant take it anymore

HalfASandwidch
04-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Just give me the damn single i cant take it anymore
I'm with this guy. Tired of coming here looking for news and ending up getting stuck reading about what people think (yeesh).

Natalie Portman
04-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Is toolband ever planning on doing a site redesign? They've had basically the same site since the invention of the internets.

Hooker with a Third Eye
04-04-2006, 05:49 AM
hopefully...

embracingyou
04-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Ah this time next week... and a few days, we'll be revelling in new Tool.

Bogart
04-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Thats what I am hoping for, along with a newsletter claiming the dvd and album will be released simultaneously.

smirk
04-04-2006, 06:18 AM
The Guitar Worl is out? Cool, I have to get that.

Why the hell doesn't the store I work at sell it?

tooldude
04-04-2006, 06:26 AM
not out yet, it goes on newsstands april 11th

Ocelot199
04-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Is toolband ever planning on doing a site redesign? They've had basically the same site since the invention of the internets.
Supposedly the new site is going to correspond to the new album's release... or at least, thats what Blair said a few months ago.

HookerWithPenis
04-04-2006, 08:43 AM
neone think that this may be a line of lyrics?

so to the Fox & Hounds I go.

locking the door...

its kinda out of place but i guess thats nothing new with blair

btw sry if this has been mentioned

also sry if this makes me seem really dumb

Nebel
04-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Supposedly the new site is going to correspond to the new album's release... or at least, thats what Blair said a few months ago.

really? that's cool, they seriously cant keep that website any longer, even if the next website is crap, its gonna be 10 times better than this one

Ocelot199
04-04-2006, 08:50 AM
really? that's cool, they seriously cant keep that website any longer, even if the next website is crap, its gonna be 10 times better than this one
Haha, I actually kinda like the current layout. Its grown on me quite a lot...

Maybe they'll change the site to correspond to the release of the single. That wouldn't surprise me at all...

Man, thats gonna be fucked up. One day I'm gonna turn my computer on, open my browser window, and its not going to be the same old Toolband staring at me. I'm gonna scream really loudy like a little fangirl.

a_sirian_in_agony
04-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Haha, I actually kinda like the current layout. Its grown on me quite a lot...

Maybe they'll change the site to correspond to the release of the single. That wouldn't surprise me at all...

Man, thats gonna be fucked up. One day I'm gonna turn my computer on, open my browser window, and its not going to be the same old Toolband staring at me. I'm gonna scream really loudy like a little fangirl.
i did that when i saw blair change the title of the post, man..

a788
04-04-2006, 08:56 AM
it's not that bad....

tooldude
04-04-2006, 09:02 AM

locking the door...

i doubt if its lyrics... i think its the name of a bar?? and toolband.com really needs a facelift...its ancient

HalfASandwidch
04-04-2006, 01:32 PM

locking the door...

I doubt Blair even posted that. I think someone else makes those kind of announcements. But I'm basing this off of the author # in the source which (pointed out by someone in these forums) is the user id from ToolArmy.

!-- <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]?subject=NY%20Show%20Revi ew">reviews</A> -->

<!-- Tonight we've posted the events this past month as seen through the eyes of Blair in his latest<a href="letter/index.html">Newsletter.</a> -->
Which is probably this guy. (He was probably the one who announced that the album was 10,000 days along with the tracklisting and a bunch of other things.

embracingyou
04-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Torsohorse.

The Official Fiction
04-04-2006, 10:06 PM
That amazing shit-post didn't sound like Blair at all.

noisetherapy
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
shitpost isnt hyphenated

dracomordag
04-05-2006, 03:02 PM
i agree with this threadstarting post

ATARI
04-05-2006, 03:12 PM
8=)