PDA

View Full Version : does not belong

Reekay_ensemble
03-12-2003, 08:11 PM
I really do wish this song had been on opiate.

It's not that i dont like it because i love this song when im just messing around the house but it seems like it's a bit out of place with aenima spiritually

I mean Aenima is one of my meditation records and i Think that Dier Von Satan (sp?) and hooker just do not belong on this album. I do really like the song and deir Von does serve a purpose but i do think that they belong on a more agressive offering . It's just that i can pick up a spiritual connection (personally) with any of the songs on aenima except these two.

Just a thought anyway.

paraflux
03-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Think about it for a second. Have you taken LSD and listened to the full record multiple times? If so, then you understand that that song is almost necessary. It gives us a break from the intensity they have just put us through as well as seperates the album in half. Although it is the heaviest song on the album, it is also comic relief. A little breather during the journey.

Jip
03-23-2003, 05:20 PM
yeah it has the feel of the earlier stuff. but its not like they can go back in time and add it to the other album. they wrote great songs and had to put them somewhere so why not just throw them on the album