PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jones Guitar World interview

Pages : [1] 2

Nebel
04-01-2006, 10:25 AM
This is legitimate stuff, not an April Fools hoax, the issue is already out and has been received by subscribers.. here are some known tidbits so far:

equipment; pedals, guitars, amps, talk boxes (or something), a "pipe bomb" mic

how maynard's parts on the new album are more distorted, and less in
the forefront

how the new album is their most emotional for him

how Tool is his band

inspirations for the new album; meshuggah, robert fripp, art

a 10,000 Days song named "Those Shoes"

And I'm trying to score some scans or a transcription from someone that has the mag.. so wish me luck.

StoneyB
04-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Good luck! I have the guitar world from 2001 with Adam. He's really an interesting guy.

Ocelot199
04-01-2006, 10:28 AM
I was gonna go out to buy this today, but if you can get it and scan the pages, that'd be all the sweeter.

"Those Shoes"... this just keeps getting worse and worse....

the usual
04-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks,I was curious what was said in the interveiw.
Post more if you find other info.

STA
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Wow, Nebel, big day for you. First you get to hear the entire album in London, and now you're the first to get your hands on some new information from Guitar World...

Nebel
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
I was gonna go out to buy this today, but if you can get it and scan the pages, that'd be all the sweeter.

"Those Shoes"... this just keeps getting worse and worse....

I don't know when I can but the guy hasn't been on in two days, so there's no telling when he'll come on or even if he'll give me the scans. It could be tomorrow or it could be a week from now, but if no one else gets them I'll try my best to get it, if anybody else can, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ocelot199
04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm sure we'll all see them sooner or later. Its not like seeing some interview is going to bring us any closer to getting the album...

Sketch Soland
04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
the issue is not out till april 11th. go to the guitarworld website

Nebel
04-01-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm sure we'll all see them sooner or later. Its not like seeing some interview is going to bring us any closer to getting the album...

No but it would be interesting to find out what "Those Shoes" is all about

zavlin
04-01-2006, 10:41 AM
This is legitimate stuff, not an April Fools hoax, the issue is already out and has been received by subscribers.. here are some known tidbits so far:

And I'm trying to score some scans or a transcription from someone that has the mag.. so wish me luck.
I heard this yesterday, so i investigated and couldnt find such an issue.

Nebel
04-01-2006, 10:43 AM

Subscribers get it early. Anyway I'm betting we'll see something this week.

Comebackrunning
04-01-2006, 10:44 AM
*Its very likely that adam jones would post the accepted tracklist on him myspace and tell a magazine something different*

the usual
04-01-2006, 10:45 AM
The Pipe Bomb quote is from something that happened in my hometown of 35,000 people.

One quite morning (5a.m.)ish @ Ohio University,in Little Ol' Athens,OH.
There was a Bicycle left outside a bus stop.The bike had a sticker on it that read "This bike is a pipe bomb".The local authorties found this bike and thought that there could possibly be a pipe bomb inside the bicycle.
Well, Athens doesn't have a bomb squad so the police called the Columbus bomb squad and had them drive an Hour and a half to dismantle this pipe bomb supposedly inside this bike.
Well there was no bomb inside the bike and it was later found out that the sticker was a band sticker.
A flordia band named....This bike is a pipebomb.
The grad student who owned the bike lost his bike...aka it was destroyed.
He was charged with some sort of offense
and it's still pending whether or not he'll have to pay the thousands it cost for the bomb squad visit.

Oh, gotta love America!

the usual
04-01-2006, 10:51 AM
And yes it made the national media(news).
so you can turn-off all that internal dialog

zavlin
04-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Subscribers get it early. Anyway I'm betting we'll see something this week.
subscribers get it a little early. not almost 2 weeks early.

Nebel
04-01-2006, 10:53 AM
subscribers get it a little early. not almost 2 weeks early.

Not really, some subscribers get it around now (the beginning of the month)

Geedorah
04-01-2006, 10:55 AM
how maynard's parts on the new album are more distorted, and less in
the forefront .

I like the sound of that.

the usual
04-01-2006, 11:00 AM
the vocal description soundsvery reminissent of anima

hateAliases
04-01-2006, 11:12 AM
transcription of that interview please...

Sketch Soland
04-01-2006, 11:15 AM
it's not out yet, dude, hits stores april 11th and i guess suscribers get it a couple days earlier or something

InertUniformity
04-01-2006, 11:22 AM
how long is a typical interview in guitar world...

hopefully there will be some good content.

shouldnt we have some other interviews soon too?

CallofCthulhu
04-01-2006, 11:54 AM

The issue is out at my local cd store but it was fucking $8 so I didnt pick it up. I'm considering not buying to album to save myself from some disappointment. Those Shoes? The Pot? ROSETTA STONED?

champion
04-01-2006, 11:56 AM
That information was given to the SomethingAwful forums by my friend. It's true.

Choice Breath
04-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Those Shoes is a song by the Eagles. This guy posted this crap on 10000-Days.com yesterday. April Tools. Yippee!!! I just got home from the listening party in LA and as an April Fools joke, I just pretended to listen. Tool officials became enraged and forced me to listen to the album, which is actually called: 10,000 Maniacs Fisting Each Other For Days. It is really the best album yet. Also, they served milk and cookies.

Attila
04-01-2006, 12:10 PM
The Pipe Bomb quote is from something that happened in my hometown of 35,000 people.

One quite morning (5a.m.)ish @ Ohio University,in Little Ol' Athens,OH.
There was a Bicycle left outside a bus stop.The bike had a sticker on it that read "This bike is a pipe bomb".The local authorties found this bike and thought that there could possibly be a pipe bomb inside the bicycle.
Yep, happened just up the hill from my dorm. I slept through the whole deal.

orange.juice
04-01-2006, 12:23 PM
well fuck it's not true.

CallofCthulhu
04-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Those Shoes is a song by the Eagles. This guy posted this crap on 10000-Days.com yesterday. April Tools. Yippee!!! I just got home from the listening party in LA and as an April Fools joke, I just pretended to listen. Tool officials became enraged and forced me to listen to the album, which is actually called: 10,000 Maniacs Fisting Each Other For Days. It is really the best album yet. Also, they served milk and cookies.

hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah.... ....................ha

Ocelot199
04-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Haha. I bet Kabir or dan decides it'll be funny to turn TDN off on the 12th.

DirtyBanana
04-01-2006, 01:25 PM
oh shit.

meatchunk
04-01-2006, 03:15 PM
A song called "Those Shoes" hmmm... Reminds me of Forrest Gump. "Those Look like comfortable Shoes. You can tell alot about a persons shoes.. Where their goin, where they been."
My shoes are fucked up

meatchunk
04-01-2006, 03:18 PM
ocelot is the most addict tool addicted person on the net.

i am ultra drunk.

(send the file to me i will host is)

(((i wuill fuck every woman im my town you suck massive cock gaay sucki fuck ypou gay bitch lover ic hate youz gay nicggger,.i dont write this yoz a re all gey...

Dirty Banana is loaded

M. Sagro
04-01-2006, 03:35 PM
how long is a typical interview in guitar world...

hopefully there will be some good content.

shouldnt we have some other interviews soon too?
The interviews are pretty long. When I was subscribed to GW, the cover stories would be around 5 pages long. That's damn long with the print size they use.

dilaudid
04-01-2006, 04:39 PM
i got the magazine today. i'm not about to transcribe the whole thing (it's big, but not very big), but i will for the most interesting parts...

"My friend who works for the Eagles' booking agent talked to Joe Walsh and gave him my number. A while later i got a message from Joe on my answering machine: 'Adam Jones, this is the talk box fairy. give me a call.' i called him and he was totally cool and gave me a lot of advice. I think that the talk box on [the 10,000 Days track] "Those Shoes" is really amazing, especially how the harmonies are in each speaker. i'm really happy with how the talk box came out on this record"

(talks about sacred geometry)..."to me that is what Tool is, because everyone in my band gets that. [I]MY band. it's my band. I asked Maynard to play with me, so Tool is my band"

..."our last record was very healing, very 'think for yourself.' the attitude on this record is more about putting people in their place, but witout controlling them. We're saying, 'you have an opinion on this, but this person who went through that whole thing may have a different perspective. you should think about that before you say something. you're not bad for thinking what you thought, but you need to consider the perspectives.' there's a lot of that on this record.

GW- maynard's line "who are you to wave your finger?" really stands out in that respect.

Jones- yes. that's the pot calling the kettle black. maynard writes all his lyrics and he'll pull in subject matter from our mutual ideas. it might be somthing that happened to him, but it's always something that we can all relate to, like telling a friend to back up for a second and try to see things from different perspectives. maynard can explain these things better, but suffice to say, it's all positive. at the end of the day, there's a lot of love from our band. i'm not kidding."

Vianney
04-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Can you scan it?

bluefire
04-01-2006, 04:41 PM
well theres the inspiration for "the pot".

dilaudid
04-01-2006, 04:42 PM
don't own a scanner, sorry.

Vianney
04-01-2006, 04:44 PM
"My friend who works for the Eagles' booking agent talked to Joe Walsh and gave him my number. A while later i got a message from Joe on my answering machine: [imitates Walsh] 'Adam Jones, this is the talk box fairy. give me a call.' i called him and he was totally cool and gave me a lot of advice. I think that the talk box on [the 10,000 Days track] "Those Shoes" is really amazing, especially how the harmonies are in each speaker. i'm really happy with how the talk box came out on this record"

AJ uses a talk box??... did you make this up? : )

hateAliases
04-01-2006, 04:58 PM
"to me that is what Tool is, because everyone in my band gets that. MY band. it's my band. I asked Maynard to play with me, so Tool is my band"

---

what's been the question on this?!

orange.juice
04-01-2006, 05:02 PM
everyone wants a piece of the 'first day of the month which comes after March' cake, eh?

kidgloves2
04-01-2006, 05:04 PM
(talks about sacred geometry)..."to me that is what Tool is, because everyone in my band gets that. MY band. it's my band. I asked Maynard to play with me, so Tool is my band"

"

I actually hate April Fools.

Adam would never say that. They have said in many past interviews that the reason Tool lasted so long is because everyone is equal. There are no egos. Something along those lines. Adam would never say thet it's "his band."

And Danny Carey is the sacred geometry nut.

And there is no song called "those Shoes" The tracklisting is official and that song is not included

Anomaly
04-01-2006, 05:11 PM
i think he was just "talking" about a song called "those shoes" .. specifically by the eagles. not a track in the track listing.but who knows.
also i think the "my band" thing is either an inside joke to the band ... as it is agreed its the complete opposite amongst them .. or .. its actually totally true .. as adam does all the videos and production. who knows. cant make any conclusions till i have seen a scan or hold the mag in my hands.

meatchunk
04-01-2006, 05:13 PM
God I love the anticipation... Its gonna make it that much better

SpiralOutKeepGoing
04-01-2006, 05:14 PM
after Looking at the little preview cover they have at the Guitar World website it looks like we will be getting the tab for 'Vicarious'.

Jesus Knievel
04-01-2006, 05:23 PM
someone quit being a bitch and scan it

orange.juice
04-01-2006, 05:29 PM
i highly doubt there is anything to scan...

ATARI
04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
why do people think we'll believe anything they say without proof

Hodge
04-01-2006, 05:46 PM
we're christians

pork chops
04-01-2006, 05:46 PM
because we are all sheep

ATARI
04-01-2006, 05:48 PM
christmas

kidgloves2
04-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I have a subscription and I didn't get it yet. But I did get my Bass Guitar mag today :)

SpiralOutKeepGoing, I would love for that to be "Vicarious" I could play the guitar parts before I ever heard the song. I don't think they would do that though. That issue was fut together 3-4 months ago and I doubt they would send the single to GW for fear it would leak.

KJM
04-01-2006, 05:54 PM
You can't play it without having heard the song with tab, unless you get notation too lol.

CallofCthulhu
04-01-2006, 05:58 PM
i think he was just "talking" about a song called "those shoes" .. specifically by the eagles. not a track in the track listing.but who knows.
also i think the "my band" thing is either an inside joke to the band ... as it is agreed its the complete opposite amongst them .. or .. its actually totally true .. as adam does all the videos and production. who knows. cant make any conclusions till i have seen a scan or hold the mag in my hands.

Its no secret that Tool doesn't enjoy interviews. I wouldn't doubt that Adam was fucking with the questions a little bit.

Code of the Streets
04-01-2006, 06:01 PM
just because no-one has posted it,
http://www.guitarworld.com/images/june_prev_banner.jpg

(unless they have, because I'm too lazy to scroll back.)

Also, i tried to blow it up in Photoshop to read what the tabs were, but it's too low of quality.

kidgloves2
04-01-2006, 06:04 PM
You can't play it without having heard the song with tab, unless you get notation too lol.

Uh......yea you can LOL. They give you the rhythm with the tab and the beats per minute. Not saying it will sound exactly like the song since you don't have the vocals, drums or effects. But you HAVE the guitr and bass with rhythm notation.

dilaudid
04-01-2006, 06:10 PM
What i put was word for word transcription of what was in the interview (there is a lot more, about influences, how adam is an emotional kind of guy and how his nephew joe's marching band played some tool songs. no april fools joke, no screwing with people, just letting people read something that isn't technically out yet (except for the people who subscribe to it). i put up what i found the most interesting, and i'm sure you'll get a scan or....BUY THE FUCKING THING... and read the rest of it.

I kind of figured it wouldn't be believed by some, but eh... that's how this place runs.

And about "those shoes". maybe it's an error and it's supposed to say [the (album name by the eagles) track], and Adam was complementing that song. It does kind of sound like he's talking about something he did though...

after Looking at the little preview cover they have at the Guitar World website it looks like we will be getting the tab for 'Vicarious'.

it's actually for schism.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
04-01-2006, 06:18 PM
it's actually for schism.

I thought they did Schism already?

EDIT: According to their site I am correct in saying that they did Schism already. Issue#Guitar World 2001-11 Schism Tool http://www.guitarworld.com/tab_database/?title=&artist=tool

KJM
04-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Uh......yea you can LOL. They give you the rhythm with the tab and the beats per minute. Not saying it will sound exactly like the song since you don't have the vocals, drums or effects. But you HAVE the guitr and bass with rhythm notation.

you sound like you have a lot of experience playing music. oh no wait...you're an iiidddiot.

"LOL I CAN TOO PLAY THE GUITAR WITH JUST THE TAB NEVER HAVING HEARD THE SONG"

No, you can't.

kidgloves2
04-01-2006, 06:28 PM
you sound like you have a lot of experience playing music. oh no wait...you're an iiidddiot.

"LOL I CAN TOO PLAY THE GUITAR WITH JUST THE TAB NEVER HAVING HEARD THE SONG"

No, you can't.

Wow! LOLLOL! You're actually retarded! And Yes, I am a music teacher. And I read music quite well.

And YOU CAN"T EVEN READ ENGLISH!!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLL Reread my posts.

Actually, I shouldn't laugh. I feel sorry for you.

Spoon
04-01-2006, 06:33 PM
You're a music teacher and you type/act like this? I pity your students.

And KJM - you're an idiot.

Vianney
04-01-2006, 06:35 PM

EDIT: According to their site I am correct in saying that they did Schism already. Issue#Guitar World 2001-11 Schism Tool http://www.guitarworld.com/tab_database/?title=&artist=tool

But that list has Aenima in two issues as well. Also they have some song called "lateral I s" tabbed out... wonder what that is?

dilaudid
04-01-2006, 06:35 PM

doesn't mean they can't do it again, although it would of been nice if they did something else, like parabola...

the whole thing doesn't feel like it should be a cover; the only TOOL thing i've found in it is that interview with a set up to it, and a schism tab. but i guess adam isn't one to give walk-throughs on how to play ten seconds of five different songs...

kidgloves2
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
You're a music teacher and you type/act like this? I pity your students.

And KJM - you're an idiot.

I type and act like that if I'm dealing with idiots. Yes.

And no, I wouldn't talk like that to a student.

BTW, what do you do for a living?

thepatient_10k
04-01-2006, 06:45 PM
your a music teacher? thats killer

Yea you could totally play the riffs, but they may/probably will be a little off because guitarworld tab/notation isnt ever 100% accurate. And i dont think the song is vicarious because the issue is offically released before the single is supposed to be. But who knows, maybe the single will be out this week :O

KJM
04-01-2006, 06:57 PM
No you're not. You can not just play music by reading tab. Sorry not going to happen.

Putting little spaces between notes doesn't tell anything. You can barely read anything about the notes you're playing. You may be a music teacher (you're not but OK we'll pretend) but that doesn't mean you're a good music teacher.

Can I help you spoon?

I also thought the concept of a music teacher thinking a music degree (which is of course what you need to be a real music teacher) holds something in an arena of tabs where theory goes out the window.

Vaginal Replicator
04-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, the first tabbed song is something by Tool. However, I can't quite make out the song name, it looks like it could be "Vicarious" though.

Code of the Streets
04-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Huh? I'm guessing you don't play guitar.

Guitar World's tabs do not look like some internet posting, like..

-------------o
-------3-----
-o-----------

It's the same as a music sheet, but with tab for guitar players, you have the notation and eveything... maybe even better than straight music, because they often have effects etc listed, too. Sure you couldn't get the feel of it w/o the song.

Holydirt
04-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow! LOLLOL! You're actually retarded! And Yes, I am a music teacher. And I read music quite well.

And YOU CAN"T EVEN READ ENGLISH!!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLL Reread my posts.

Actually, I shouldn't laugh. I feel sorry for you.
You should be fired. You cannot tell how a song should be played from just tabs. Alright, show me how your supposed to write note lengths and speeds in tabs. How do you show quarter notes? Eigths? Sixteenths? Yeah, don't act all high and mighty, you stupid asshole.

Huh? I'm guessing you don't play guitar.

Guitar World's tabs do not look like some internet posting, like..

It's the same as a music sheet, but with tab for guitar players, you have the notation and eveything... maybe even better than straight music, because they often have effects etc listed, too. Sure you couldn't get the feel of it w/o the song.
Do you even know how to read sheet music? Tabs do not tell you even some of the most fundamental aspects of how a song is played.

Code of the Streets
04-01-2006, 07:23 PM
You should be fired. You cannot tell how a song should be played from just tabs. Alright, show me how your supposed to write note lengths and speeds in tabs. How do you show quarter notes? Eigths? Sixteenths? Yeah, don't act all high and mighty, you stupid asshole.
ok seriously, do you people even play guitar? go to your local magazine store and pick up a guitar mag, look at what a tab looks like before returning to this thread.

Code of the Streets
04-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Here's an example of a haff-way decent tab. It's the same as sheet music, with the tab for guitar players...

(OMG it's got like NOTATION, NO WAYZ)

http://www.hostmypic.info/uploads/7452d665c5.jpg

KJM
04-01-2006, 07:39 PM
You can say whatever you want. You can NOT use tab to sit down and play a song you've never heard.

There's a reason you'll never go to a recital and see a page of tab pulled out. "My guitar magazine has tablature and it is therefor totally legitimate". What kind of argument is that?

You either don't, can't, or never have read real music before--or you don't get what's being said.

Dick Savage
04-01-2006, 07:47 PM
You can say whatever you want. You can NOT use tab to sit down and play a song you've never heard.

There's a reason you'll never go to a recital and see a page of tab pulled out. "My guitar magazine has tablature and it is therefor totally legitimate". What kind of argument is that?

You either don't, can't, or never have read real music before--or you don't get what's being said.

You actually don't know what the fuck you're talking about at all. Magazines like Guitar World put out the guitar tabs accompanied with the actual musical notes written out a la the piano or any other instrument. You see the actual notes being played, the time signature, the length of the note (quarter, eigth, etc.), the scale, the tempo...pretty much everything. If you know your shit, you can play any song without having heard it before. Not hard. Quit continuing to defend an argument that is actually false.

Wear The Pot Like A Crown
04-01-2006, 07:48 PM
either scan it or you are full of shit.

KJM
04-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Right they give you the music. What an idiot. If I weren't so lazy, I would make a riff and some chord progressions and tab them for you to record. And hilarity would ensue over how poorly you played them compared to how they were actually written to be played.

CallofCthulhu
04-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I really hate to submit to this battle of wits......but unfortunately the GUITAR SAVEY MUSICIANS are right..........

Code of the Streets
04-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I really hate to submit to this battle of wits......but unfortunately the GUITAR SAVEY MUSICIANS are right..........
The classic struggle between rock guitarists and 'real musicians" eh?

:D

kidgloves2
04-01-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread is awesome!

BTW, nobody said playing the tab without hearing the song would make it sound like Adam Jones or a carbon copy of the recording. I actually touched on that earlier in this thread BEFORE all this stupid bickering started.

You CAN get darn close to it though.

Dick Savage
04-01-2006, 08:06 PM

There is no "battle of wits." There is no "wit" involved in arguing for a factually false argument like KJM is. It's stupid.

If you handed me the sheet music & tabs to vicarious, I could play the whole guitar part the song in under half an hour and have a pretty damn good idea of what the tune sounds like musically. Fact.

ryzur
04-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Guitar World does not use the same tab notation that everyone else uses. They post tab that has rhythm information intact. The rhythm information in Guitar World is noted almost exactly like sheet music, but there is a number on the note being played and the lines represent the strings (like in regular tab) rather than the lines representing a point of reference in a given point in the musical range (ie- treble clef or bass clef). It is not the same as regular tab. Thus with this, you could get a decent sounding version of the thing running before hearing it. Provided you don't suck at guitar.

Provided you can read rhythm notation as well.

Code of the Streets
04-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Guitar World does not use the same tab notation that everyone else uses. They post tab that has rhythm information intact.

Show me a one that doesn't?

bbunt302
04-01-2006, 08:55 PM
The best part of it all... they even give you the bpm. You could plug it into Guitar Pro and hear the guitar exactly how it will be played on the album (minus tone, etc). Really, you could plug it into any decent MIDI composing program since they give you the actual sheet music as well as the tab.

Hate to tell ya KJM, but you're definitely wrong on this one. If Guitar World does indeed have the tab for a new song, we'll be able to hear shitty MIDI versions of the guitar part as soon as it's out. All it will take is someone willing to sit down and type it all out.

ryzur
04-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Show me a one that doesn't?

Your right to a point. All the other magazines show the rhythm notation but this is in conjunction with the sheet music. If you took the sheet music out of those magazines and simply left the tab you'd be left without rhythm information. Guitar World has a hybrid of sheet music and tab; they don't have the actual "sheet music" in the classical or any other instrumentalist sense.

Should have pointed that out I guess. If I had a scanner I'd post a side by side. Maybe I can find one online or something.

Even still, I guess if you knew the magazine well enough you might be able to figure it out with the magazine without the sheet music. Anyways, thats not the point, tab aint so bad when its done right.

livingdecay
04-01-2006, 11:24 PM
...it's still pending whether or not he'll have to pay the thousands it cost for the bomb squad visit.

Not true.

Holydirt
04-01-2006, 11:38 PM
ok seriously, do you people even play guitar? go to your local magazine store and pick up a guitar mag, look at what a tab looks like before returning to this thread.
Your so ignorant. The stuff in the guitar magazines is a guitar tab WITH sheet music notation. Think before you open your mouth. The sheet music part of it tells you everything you need to know. A tab does NOT include the sheet music part. By the way, I majored in music for 3 years in college. I have played guitar professionally for 5 years, and for a total of 10 years.

The majority of you guys arguing that you can use only a tab to play a song don't even know what tablature is. Tablature is just the fret numbers. Tabs, by DEFINITION, DO NOT show note length and music specifics. You CAN use the "tabs" in most guitar magazines because they are accompanied by the SHEET MUSIC for the songs. Don't try to be a professional in music just because you play a musical instrument.

Idiotica
04-02-2006, 12:27 AM
anyone heard from ghost yet?

Spiralman
04-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Your so ignorant. The stuff in the guitar magazines is a guitar tab WITH sheet music notation. Think before you open your mouth. The sheet music part of it tells you everything you need to know. A tab does NOT include the sheet music part. By the way, I majored in music for 3 years in college. I have played guitar professionally for 5 years, and for a total of 10 years.

The majority of you guys arguing that you can use only a tab to play a song don't even know what tablature is. Tablature is just the fret numbers. Tabs, by DEFINITION, DO NOT show note length and music specifics. You CAN use the "tabs" in most guitar magazines because they are accompanied by the SHEET MUSIC for the songs. Don't try to be a professional in music just because you play a musical instrument.

Kind of off topic but I just noticed like three seperate instances of this happening so I had to reply. If you are abbreviating "you are", it's "you're", not "your". Really bugs the shit out of me for some reason.

Jay Lee

Idiotica
04-02-2006, 12:33 AM
YOUR just witnessing the decline of the english language that's all.

kidgloves2
04-02-2006, 12:34 AM

Wow.

Tab.......standard notation......sheet music.....apples....... oranges. THE INFORMATION IS THERE!! Nobody said ONLY TAB, we have been saying the mag gives enough information to figure out what to play!!!!!!! That includes rhythm notation, tempo etc.... which has been said 50 times already.

Holy cow.

Now I know why President Bush was reelected. Half the world really is crazy. This thread is really blowing my mind.

Now I know why things like religion and communism were created....... to controll you people.

ryzur
04-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Wow.

Tab.......standard notation......sheet music.....apples....... oranges. THE INFORMATION IS THERE!! Nobody said ONLY TAB, we have been saying the mag gives enough information to figure out what to play!!!!!!! That includes rhythm notation, tempo etc.... which has been said 50 times already.

Holy cow.

Now I know why President Bush was reelected. Half the world really is crazy. This thread is really blowing my mind.

Now I know why things like religion and communism were created....... to controll you people.

Thank you

kidgloves2
04-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Thank you

You're welcome. We're the minority though, with a couple others. This is amazing huh?

ryzur
04-02-2006, 01:38 AM
You're welcome. We're the minority though, with a couple others. This is amazing huh?

Yet for some reason I keep coming back for more........

blackrock
04-02-2006, 03:29 AM
somehow in that clusterfuck of incredible BULLSHIT the scans of this article did not appear. maybe it's because you were all buttfucking, but i think we need to get back to topic.

someone scan. kthanks.

delysid
04-02-2006, 03:31 AM
I'm dying to know more about this "Those Shoes" business. That is my favorite Eagles song and that is one of the coolest 70s rock songs there are. The talkbox, the vocals, and the drums on that song are so cool. I can't believe Adam brought that up.

If Tool actually covered this song I will be so happy.

Sleep
04-02-2006, 03:54 AM
I've got a guitar magazine here somewhere with the tab for Parabola.

Code of the Streets
04-02-2006, 03:58 AM
The majority of you guys arguing that you can use only a tab to play a song don't even know what tablature is. Tablature is just the fret numbers. Tabs, by DEFINITION, DO NOT show note length and music specifics. You CAN use the "tabs" in most guitar magazines because they are accompanied by the SHEET MUSIC for the songs.

You Should Seriously Consider Killing Yourself. That is easily the most rediculous post I've ever read.

mike09
04-02-2006, 05:44 AM
I've got a guitar magazine here somewhere with the tab for Parabola.

So do I. It's not Guitar World (or atleast, not the one I have), it's Guitar One magazine, I think. It's wrong in one of the sections (though it's not hard to figure out at all), but other than that, it's a damn good tab.

mike09
04-02-2006, 05:46 AM
I should note that I have the Guitar World with Adam and Justin on the cover that came out before Lateralus was released. They talked about some of the songs and the lawsuit stuff and the whole process of making the album, but there was no tab for any of their songs in there.

Nebel
04-02-2006, 05:48 AM
I really would love a transcript of this interview, I'm really eager to read it. Oh well. Thanks for the info anyways.

mike09
04-02-2006, 05:49 AM
When does this issue of GW come out?

Nebel
04-02-2006, 05:50 AM
April 11th but subscribers and some people have gotten it early.

mike09
04-02-2006, 05:58 AM
Are you sure about people getting it early?

bass_dude
04-02-2006, 06:19 AM
No one need transcript it though really- don't they put it up on their website like every other interview?

Alex

orange.juice
04-02-2006, 06:24 AM
Are you sure about people getting it early?
where i live, subscribers get stuff a week in advance, at most.

mike09
04-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Yeah, 2 1/2 weeks sounds a little off to me.

dracomordag
04-02-2006, 07:04 AM
To clear it up for the fucktards:

tabs that display the music alongside them are just as correct/valid/whatever as you can get. If you give a viola player a piece of sheet music and ask him to play it, he will play as accurately as a guitar player would play this (http://www.hostmypic.info/uploads/7452d665c5.jpg). wanna know why? because they're both fucking sheet music. look at the top staff of that link. see the clef and the notes and the note lengths given? see the tab in the staff below?

in fact, it's even possible to do that without giving the sheet music by including stems with the tabs... try it out with finale.

now would you all please stop bickering like little bitches? obviously if i gave you a tab like this (http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Guitar,t,1443,Tool,Aenima,42 925) then you couldn't come even close to playing it correctly without having heard the song first. but good tabs aren't just text...

we done? good.

Animus X torsi
04-02-2006, 07:26 AM
how do you do it on finale? i have notepad, but i can barely use it

dischordance
04-02-2006, 07:31 AM
So. How about that Guitar World!!

Wretched
04-02-2006, 08:27 AM
I AM THE GHOST OF THE NAVIGATOR
I AM HERE TO LICK MY TOES.

dracomordag
04-02-2006, 09:14 AM
how do you do it on finale? i have notepad, but i can barely use it

it might only be in the full version. click on the staff tool, and change the clef to TAB. if you don't uncheck "display stems and beams", then they'll stay there, pretty well displaying rhythmic info.

Nebel
04-02-2006, 09:17 AM
"Who are you to point your finger" = The Pot lyrics?

dracomordag
04-02-2006, 09:40 AM
i have subscription to GW, and a scanner

so, i will post scans as soon as it gets delivered.

until then, stfu & gtfo

Nebel
04-02-2006, 09:48 AM
you rawk dude

bluefire
04-02-2006, 09:51 AM
"Who are you to point your finger" = The Pot lyrics?
yes, and apparently "the pot" is a reference to the old saying "pot calling kettle black".

Interesting to hear "who are you to point your finger" after releasing an album like aenima. Haven't heard it(obviously) so maybe it will come in context.

DirtyBanana
04-02-2006, 09:54 AM
http://groups.google.de/group/alt.music.tool/browse_thread/thread/9b1202aa2de4a78b/a1598077e23cccf9?hl=de#a1598077e23cccf9

KJM
04-02-2006, 09:59 AM
btw, I've never looked at a guitar world "tab"--but it sounds like if you were arguing for tablature, you lost the argument a long time ago because you were arguing for notation.

I'M NOT FINISHED YET. I HAVE TO TAKE IN THE GLORIOUS VICTORY. DON'T GET IN MY WAY.

i have subscription to GW, and a scanner

so, i will post scans as soon as it gets delivered.

until then, stfu & gtfo

much appreciated

researchtriangle
04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
http://groups.google.de/group/alt.music.tool/browse_thread/thread/9b1202aa2de4a78b/a1598077e23cccf9?hl=de#a1598077e23cccf9

solid

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:10 AM
You Should Seriously Consider Killing Yourself. That is easily the most rediculous post I've ever read.

I'll second that one.

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:16 AM
If only you could spell ridiculous.

kidgloves2
04-02-2006, 10:17 AM
btw, I've never looked at a guitar world "tab"--but it sounds like if you were arguing for tablature, you lost the argument a long time ago because you were arguing for notation.

Wow! I think that's all I need to say. Oh wait, I can also say OMG!!!!

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Why? I said tablature. I've been saying tablature the whole time. No one until the last page said "Guitar world tab is actually standard notation that just looks like tab".

That's not tablature. That's standard notation made to be read by people who can't read music.

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:19 AM
If only you could spell ridiculous.

intelligence ridicule with fragmented english is classic

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:20 AM
You might want to look at your sentence again.

It's still not nearly as funny as saying something is "rediculous" without being able to spell "ridiculous". Similar to the brain-children who spell genius, "genious".

Now we're way off-track.

kidgloves2
04-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Why? I said tablature. I've been saying tablature the whole time. No one until the last page said "Guitar world tab is actually standard notation that just looks like tab".

That's not tablature. That's standard notation made to be read by people who can't read music.

I'm going to say a prayer for you. This thread is about Guitar World.

Some things go without saying, yet.....we said it anyway.

Wow!

Spoon
04-02-2006, 10:26 AM
This KJM guy is hillarious

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:27 AM

Hey, you should really try getting down to semantics hahaha. I didn't know you followed the Clinton/OJ defense strategy so closely.

I could just as easily say where is there an absolute definition of tabs that backs up your claim? Guitar World posts "tabs" for various songs. Their form of tablature combines what is classicaly understood (especially of the internet) as tabs with sheet music. But, they don't say "tabs and sheet music." They call the entire thing the "tablature" for the song. So, in effect, "tablature" can contain music notation as in Guitar World's definition of tablature. I think Guitar World is a more credible source for knowing what tablature is than you or internet fuck faces.

(I don't actually believe this. I'm just being an asshole/defense attorney.)

Code of the Streets
04-02-2006, 10:28 AM

You've just proven that you have no knowledge of the subject at hand yet continue to argue something that makes no sense at all.

Do you see why?

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:28 AM
You might want to look at your sentence again.

It's still not nearly as funny as saying something is "rediculous" without being able to spell "ridiculous". Similar to the brain-children who spell genius, "genious".

Now we're way off-track.

I wasn't talking about your sentence in the first place...

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:31 AM
You guys can say whatever you want. When you look for tablature online, it looks nothing like (what I assume) guitar world's does.

Why would I assume guitar world has some special NOTATION hybrid of tab--which isn't tab, just something made to look like tab? I think your assumptions are just as absurd as you think mine are.

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:32 AM
You guys can say whatever you want. When you look for tablature online, it looks nothing like (what I assume) guitar world's does.

Why would I assume guitar world has some special NOTATION hybrid of tab--which isn't tab, just something made to look like tab? I think your assumptions are just as absurd as you think mine are.

You just admitted you had no idea what the fuck you were talking about in the first place....which is what I said right off the bat...

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:37 AM
How so? It's not tablature. It's musical notation made to look like tab. All I've said is that you can play a song without hearing it using tablature. Since we're not talking about tablature how am I wrong?

I admit my bad for not being familiar with guitar world, but the same rule still applies since that is not standard tab.

Code of the Streets
04-02-2006, 10:37 AM

THAT'S WHAT A FUCKING TAB IS.

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Like I said, actual tab, the majority of stuff you'll find, isn't like that. It's not standard tab. It's notation.

Many of you will die at your keyboards. You're way too intense.

Code of the Streets
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
How so? It's not tablature. It's musical notation made to look like tab. All I've said is that you can play a song without hearing it using tablature. Since we're not talking about tablature how am I wrong?

I admit my bad for not being familiar with guitar world, but the same rule still applies since that is not standard tab.THERE'S NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT GUITAR WORLD

Code of the Streets
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Like I said, actual tab, the majority of stuff you'll find, isn't like that.

Oh really? Go to your local music store. Now. Go. I will send you $50 if you find one example of this.

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Like I said, actual tab, the majority of stuff you'll find, isn't like that. It's not standard tab. It's notation.

Many of you will die at your keyboards. You're way too intense.

Repeat destruction of your argument:

I could just as easily say where is there an absolute definition of tabs that backs up your claim? Guitar World posts "tabs" for various songs. Their form of tablature combines what is classicaly understood (especially of the internet) as tabs with sheet music. But, they don't say "tabs and sheet music." They call the entire thing the "tablature" for the song. So, in effect, "tablature" can contain music notation as in Guitar World's definition of tablature. I think Guitar World is a more credible source for knowing what tablature is than you or internet fuck faces.

KJM
My dick is bigger than your.

Go search online for tabs. You're right, guitar world isn't special.

Dick Savage
You're way too intense.

I kill people like you for breakfast.

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Repeat destruction of your argument:

They can call it whatever they want. That's cool. When the majority doesn't look like that, I can say there's a standard and that that isn't it.

Nebel
Seriously, fucking take this bullshit to another thread, this is about the discussion of the Adam Jones interview, can't one topic on here just stay on topic?

Code of the Streets
My dick is bigger than your.

Go search online for tabs. You're right, guitar world isn't special.

Bottom line:

We are arguin semantics. BUT, here's where you lose:

GUITARISTS refer to TAB as having the notation above it. You don't play guitar, yet continue to act like you know what the fuck you are talking about.

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM
I actually don't care if it ends. As long as people respond and try to insult me--I'll continue posting.

I do understand how stupid this looks on all parts. I just don't feel shame on the internet.

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Bottom line:

We are arguin semantics. BUT, here's where you lose:

GUITARISTS refer to TAB as having the notation above it. You don't play guitar, yet continue to act like you know what the fuck you are talking about.

prove it? oh you can't. my bad. this whole "you don't play guitar thing" is really funny.

if you're talking about music books, it's tab and musical notation. That's not a package deal. It's not just "tablature". It's a music book, hence the musical notation with tab for those who can't read it.

Havokb8
04-02-2006, 10:45 AM
I read the whole last page and i could swear there is nothing about Adam Jones in guitar world.

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
They can call it whatever they want. That's cool. When the majority doesn't look like that, I can say there's a standard and that that isn't it.

Trust the majority not the experts. Great philosophy.

KJM
04-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Fair enough (not the post above as majority = standard, tablature experts lol). I'm done. Everyone that wants to keep slamming the thread with shit after I stop, go for it.

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I read the whole last page and i could swear there is nothing about Adam Jones in guitar world.

cry me a fucking river

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:50 AM
majority = standard

another great (great meaning fucked) philosophy.

Nebel
04-02-2006, 10:53 AM
cry me a fucking river

Bitch bitch bitch, you have no right to bitch at people who's bitching for the fact that YOU derailed this topic, so go ahead continue discussing, people have a right to bitch about you the more you derail this thread.

Dick Savage
04-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Bitch bitch bitch, you have no right to bitch at people who's bitching for the fact that YOU derailed this topic, so go ahead continue discussing, people have a right to bitch about you the more you derail this thread.

yea, it was me specifically...you might want to work on reading comprehension before moving into message boards.

Spoon
04-02-2006, 11:13 AM
The GW with Jones on the cover comes out on April 11 - buy it then.

There, now bin.

dracomordag
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
actually, the first notation ever made was more akin to tablature than it was to modern notation.

thought i'd let you arguing dickfaces know. and can we stop the argument now? we all realize that standard internet-purveyed tablature is not a good way of learning music without first knowing the song, but official tablature is basically just as valid as notation, often moreso for guitarists because it can give vital info on not only what the notes are, but what position to play them in, where to do bends, slides, hammers, etc.

so please stop arguing.

Dredg
04-02-2006, 12:10 PM
prove it? oh you can't. my bad. this whole "you don't play guitar thing" is really funny.

if you're talking about music books, it's tab and musical notation. That's not a package deal. It's not just "tablature". It's a music book, hence the musical notation with tab for those who can't read it.

wow, your still arguing even though you been proven wrong the entire time. It makes me wonder how many other people like thinking they are right even though they are really wrong.

Where the fuck is the audio tab at? I wanna hear this shit.

Bogart
04-02-2006, 12:14 PM
The GW with Jones on the cover comes out on April 11 - buy it then.

There, now bin.
Well said.

ATARI
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM
you win the big prize

Naga Royal Guard
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM
well that sucks

Inner_Eulogy
04-02-2006, 12:39 PM
How about ya' eat a fortune cookie, shove the little fortune bearing strip of paper up your ass, stick in your mouth, chew on it for a while, break down the letters into some alphanumerical mathmatical equation symbolizing a guitar tablature and play that shit.

STFU ALREADY!!!

champion
04-02-2006, 12:39 PM
What's up with "Those Shoes?"

STA
04-02-2006, 12:40 PM
What's up with "Those Shoes?"

Yes, this remains unclear to me, as well.

Vianney
04-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes, this remains unclear to me, as well.

Apparently he's talking about an Eagles song "Those Shoes". it has nothing to do with the new album.

STA
04-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Apparently he's talking about an Eagles song "Those Shoes". it has nothing to do with the new album.

I've had a rough night, and I hate the fucking Eagles, man!

orange.juice
04-02-2006, 02:22 PM
to scan his balls?

dvn
04-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Here ya go:

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0M237PA3PNJOU2BT0TK5AOZ0BL

Props to boatloadoffunk for the scans.

Oh, one more thing, BUY this issue when it comes out at your local bookstore. It's only $5 and well worth it.

-dvn

blackrock
04-02-2006, 02:30 PM
thank you!

Nebel
04-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Thank you thank you so much.

orange.juice
04-02-2006, 02:32 PM
whoa...

Foamy
04-02-2006, 02:34 PM
THANKS!

Light Reflections
04-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Cool.

Noob_Jones
04-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks and sorry that you are probably gonna get banned.

Comebackrunning
04-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Hahahaha, turns out he was talking about the eagles song "Those Shoes" and the magazine got confused.

Anomaly
04-02-2006, 02:40 PM
x2
brilliant!

Fap
04-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks. =]

edit: heh, i like that photo of him on the beach with the drowned dead guy.

Comebackrunning
04-02-2006, 02:44 PM
We just wait 5 mintues for someone to post 10 different threads about how adam said "THE POT calling the kettle black" and that is what the song is about...

Havokb8
04-02-2006, 02:44 PM
"I think the talk box use on ""those shoes"" is amazing."

OMG IM SO CONFUSED NOW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Havokb8
04-02-2006, 02:45 PM
"I think the talk box use on ""those shoes"" is amazing."

OMG IM SO CONFUSED NOW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh its an eagles song, thank god my head was going to explode

Comebackrunning
04-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Hes talking about the eagles all the way through that paragraph, I don't know what the magazine were thinking...

STA
04-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Cheers, mate. Excellent.

Boozy Eulogist
04-02-2006, 02:50 PM
"...everyone in my band gets that. My band. It's my band. I asked Maynard to play with me, so Tool is my band."

While that sounds a bit bloated, I never thought of it. All I had known was that Maynard and Adam started jamming, never knew who actually started it all.

Light Reflections
04-02-2006, 02:53 PM
"...everyone in my band gets that. My band. It's my band. I asked Maynard to play with me, so Tool is my band."

While that sounds a bit bloated, I never thought of it. All I had known was that Maynard and Adam started jamming, never knew who actually started it all.
I just find that to be a really strange and out of place comment.

STA
04-02-2006, 02:54 PM

I quite like it, actually.

nickknocker
04-02-2006, 02:56 PM

maybe he's just being sarcastic?

EDIT: I meant Adam, btw :-p

kyyuulle
04-02-2006, 02:57 PM
excellent interview, thanks

Light Reflections
04-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah, perhaps.

STA
04-02-2006, 02:59 PM

I doubt it. I will never forgive Maynard for eMotive. Never. It sounds absurd in a way, but it's true. I think it's great that Adam is reminding us that Tool is not the Maynard James Keenan show. If Adam started the band, then, well, Adam started the band. Cheers to Adam.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
04-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks man.
Just out of curiosity, why are people saying this guy is going to get banned?

Light Reflections
04-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I doubt it. I will never forgive Maynard for eMotive. Never. It sounds absurd in a way, but it's true. I think it's great that Adam is reminding us that Tool is not the Maynard James Keenan show. If Adam started the band, then, well, Adam started the band. Cheers to Adam.
Yeah, I see what you're getting at.

a788
04-02-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks

Bogart
04-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Good read...I can't wait until I hear the 10,000 Days track.

a788
04-02-2006, 03:07 PM
"the really long song on the record that starts very classically and builds is my favorite song that we have ever done. i get really choked up whenever we play it."

oh, fuck. im excited

Nebel
What does he mean by "classically"?

rochey-o
that was a really good read
im pretty pumped for the new album

svet-am
04-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Okay, so now Adam is saying there's a song on "10000 Days" called "Those Shoes". That's not included in the tracklist that Blair gave us. So, is Adam correct or is Blair correct? I'm going to keep on hedging against any tracklisting that's publicly available right now.

Noob_Jones
"the really long song on the record that starts very classically and builds is my favorite song that we have ever done. i get really choked up whenever we play it."

oh, fuck. im excited

Wierd that he does not name it if the real track list has been posted.

CallofCthulhu
Here ya go:

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0M237PA3PNJOU2BT0TK5AOZ0BL

Props to boatloadoffunk for the scans.

Oh, one more thing, BUY this issue when it comes out at your local bookstore. It's only $5 and well worth it.

-dvn

The mag I saw was in a wrapper and it was $8

Comebackrunning
04-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Okay, so now Adam is saying there's a song on "10000 Days" called "Those Shoes". That's not included in the tracklist that Blair gave us. So, is Adam correct or is Blair correct? I'm going to keep on hedging against any tracklisting that's publicly available right now.

Adam doesn't say that that track is by tool, the magazine does. Adam is talking about the eagles.

IcerX
04-02-2006, 03:09 PM
thank you for the scans... this album sounds epic

clayton9610
04-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Thank you kind sir.

Nirvanaholic
04-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Awesome. Thanks.

Isac Khrondor
04-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Thank you.

Paradigm619
04-02-2006, 03:13 PM

The magazine edtior made a mistake. "Those Shoes" is an Eagles song that Adam was referring to. It's not a track on 10,000 Days.

As a side note. The last question and answer is rather telling. Sounds like we know what "The Pot" is about now.

Havokb8
04-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Been waiting 5 years, i really cant handle it any more, i swear, give me give me give me give me nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Light Reflections
04-02-2006, 03:16 PM
As a side note. The last question and answer is rather telling. Sounds like we know what "The Pot" is about now.
Yeah, I'd never even thought of it that way.

It's all coming together.

MOON
04-02-2006, 03:16 PM

http://lunarproject.free.fr/nineperfectools/pix/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0

a788
04-02-2006, 03:18 PM
what is that?

Unstuck in Time
04-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the scans!
Beautiful interview. I'm crying now.

a788
04-02-2006, 03:21 PM
tissue?

dark_Speedo
04-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks man.

Unstuck in Time
04-02-2006, 03:24 PM
no, thanks. i have a sleeve.

Foamy
04-02-2006, 03:24 PM
"The pot calling the kettle black". What the hell is that? A comment about racism or something? Also, does anyone know what the tool tab was?

a788
04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
sick. whatever you want....

*gives you box anyways*

Light Reflections
04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
"The pot calling the kettle black". What the hell is that? A comment about racism or something?
It's about hypocricy.

Ocelot199
04-02-2006, 03:27 PM
thank you!
Thank you thank you so much.
THANKS!
Thanks
Thanks. =]
Cheers, mate. Excellent.
excellent interview, thanks
Thanks man.
thanks
thank you for the scans... this album sounds epic
Thank you kind sir.
Awesome. Thanks.
Thank you.
Thanks for the scans!
Thanks man.

Foamy
04-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I loled

STA

Look at all the love.

Foamy
It's about hypocricy.
I dont get it. Can you explain it to me?

hellboy1975
04-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the scans. Much appreciated.

Foamy
04-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the scans. Much appreciated.
Those will be on fourth eye in 4 minutes.

maneva
04-02-2006, 03:31 PM
the talk box solo sounds great, can't wait to hear that.

and seriously, what song did they tab?

STA
04-02-2006, 03:32 PM

http://www.goenglish.com/ThePotCallingTheKettleBlack.asp

Light Reflections
Well, "the pot calling the kettle black" when the pot is black, also.

I think. ;)

Edit: Yeah, what Shadow to Anima posted.

Exec
Good stuff! Thanks.

sularetal
Peace

Spoon
04-02-2006, 03:33 PM
im waiting to buy the magazine, not gonna look at the scans, but good leak-load i guess

orange.juice
04-02-2006, 03:33 PM
someone said in another thread it was "Schism".

dvn
04-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Your welcome folks, all credit really belongs to boatloadoffunk for scanning them in the first place. The song that was tabbed was Schism, but I hear that the bass tab is somehow off from the last time GW tabbed the song.

-dvn

a788
04-02-2006, 03:35 PM

that had to be tedious to do

Foamy
04-02-2006, 03:37 PM
http://www.goenglish.com/ThePotCallingTheKettleBlack.asp
I get it now. Thanks.

orange.juice
04-02-2006, 03:43 PM
"... if we write something i really like, i get teary eyed. I'm that kind of guy who can cry really easily."

awwww.... now isn't that cute!

dark_Speedo
04-02-2006, 03:45 PM
thats so adorable!

orange.juice
04-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Kabir should spend the rest of the tdn support money on a teddy for little Adam.

Code of the Streets
04-02-2006, 03:49 PM

Heh, this also ties in with this, read the last sentance.

"The really long song on the record that starts very clasically and builds is my favorite song that we have ever done. I get really choked up whenever we play it. I was really worried where Maynard was going to go with it, but he nailed the lyrics on that one."

ArizonaBay
04-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Ah, the pot calling the kettle black. Must be The Pot. Congrats to whoever posted about that phrase on another thread.

What the fuck is "Those Shoes"?

Oh yeah and thanks loads for the scans.

Riff
04-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Good read, thanks a lot ♥♥♥♥♥

STA
04-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Heh, this also ties in with this, read the last sentance.

"The really long song on the record that starts very clasically and builds is my favorite song that we have ever done. I get really choked up whenever we play it. I was really worried where Maynard was going to go with it, but he nailed the lyrics on that one."

Good call.

CrazyJoeDevola
04-02-2006, 03:57 PM

Yeah, I'm sure he was just being childish for comedic effect.

ATF-34
04-02-2006, 03:59 PM
great score! always good to see.

Clutch it like an AEnima
04-02-2006, 03:59 PM
ha ha i loved every minute of it

ArizonaBay
04-02-2006, 04:00 PM
"Those Shoes" is an Eagles song. I think GW made a mistake. He must be refering to the use of a Talkbox on that song.

researchtriangle
04-02-2006, 04:08 PM
what a weird interview.

a788
04-02-2006, 04:08 PM
i had never heard the song "rocky mountain way" with the talk box. i like the way it sounds a lot.

Clutch it like an AEnima
04-02-2006, 04:12 PM
it can't be

top right... under 5 SONGS

it says TOOl with a song name below it... and it's def not schism.

could be Parabola

dark_Speedo
04-02-2006, 04:14 PM
it can't be

top right... under 5 SONGS

it says TOOl with a song name below it... and it's def not schism.
This just reminded me; somebody scan the cover and see what the track titles say

BaronSamedi
04-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Pfft. Scans? I wont believe this is real until I'm holding it. This is clearly a photochop job and a made up interview....

j/k

Thank you

Ocelot199
04-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Look at the tracklisting, and try to figure out which titles seem to fit with the album's theme that Adam described (the whole "Think from other people's perspective" thing).

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

Vicarious, Intension, and The Pot seem to work. Dunno about the rest.

Anybody?

etaipo
04-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Could it be Vicarious?

ArizonaBay
04-02-2006, 04:18 PM
It looks like two words. Cant make out a single letter though

No its only one

etaipo
04-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Tha would make sense..since it is the supposed single.

But what do I know?

jackfriday
04-02-2006, 04:22 PM
pass the goddamn butter

etaipo
04-02-2006, 04:23 PM
pass the goddamn butter

I found it funny. But what does it mean?!?!

ArizonaBay
04-02-2006, 04:23 PM
pass the goddamn butter
Im gonna hear that in my head every time i listen to Aenima now

ProdigyDub
04-02-2006, 04:25 PM
I found it funny. But what does it mean?!?!

It's a way to verbally represent what a 4 over 3 polyrhythm sounds like. Kind of hard to explain online--just say each syllable as part of that 4:3.

84 pontiac dream
04-02-2006, 04:26 PM
something fishy is going on..
read the first paragraph....
after it says 10000 days it says (jive)
either that implies that it's going to be released on jive records...yeah..that teeny0poper label..or something else...
just to clarify..does gw post the publisher after the name???
and wasn't lateralus published by volcano...???