PDA

View Full Version : Wake up America,You SICK puppy's

YURAKAPTIV
11-22-2002, 08:56 AM
My opinion on the song The Patient is that it is about the sta te of our country.How it is on its last leg.I beleive the first few lines are in reference to how our symptons are being magnified by the media.When MJK states ..."this vampire acts a little old" he is talking about how we are one of the youngest countries in the world but at the same time we are sucking our Mother Earth of its lifeblood.And when he speaks of reminding himself of this,this is the idea that we are the freest country in the world and one day we'll get this thing called freedom right,and if not then he'll just have to walk away.Or the song could be thought of as a person thinking of commiting suicide,either way makes sense in my mind and thats all that counts

sundryan
11-22-2002, 10:30 AM
I don't follow your interpretation. You seem to have based it all off of a few vague lines in the song. I don't see where suicide comes in the play either.

Could you please elaborate?

Karf
11-22-2002, 01:11 PM
I belive that The Patient is Maynards most honest, and strait forward song (besides HwaP) About being patient with what he, himself, is doing. His job, you know. His mission of sorts.

"If there was no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I've choosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now. (and I still may)"

Croteau
11-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Karf i agree with your post, becausei vaguely remember an article with mjk where he stated he doesnt even know if music is what he wants to do with his life, its simply what hes doing right now.. thanks

YURAKAPTIV
11-24-2002, 08:59 AM
The reason I did not sit and try to explain the song line for line is I would rather you think about the info I gave,listen to the rest of the song and see if I can lead someone to the same thoughts.Many of my fellow Toolians I hang out with constantly ask me"Whats this song about",mostly I will give them a VAGUE clue(sometimes I will just tell them something that makes no sense at all just to see if their a follower or a leader) to try to lead them to the same thought without having to just tell them straighhtout.The reason behind this is I would rather them think in their own mind what the song means to them,not what I think.A moment of discovery in your own mind is a magical thing.As far as the suicide,its just a second inerpritation of the song and has nothing to do with the first(or does it?Could we all be commiting suicide and not even know it?)If you would like more info just contact me and I'll try to formulate some more DIRECT thoughts,so possibly you'll be able to see farther into MY mind