PDA

View Full Version : new toolband post 3/30

HolyReality
03-30-2006, 02:05 PM
here's a quote:

the boys will be drinking those big kamikazes one last time at the LA VE LEE in April (TBA) before Danny starts rehearsals with his other band in preparation for their much anticipated appearance at COACHELLA (APRIL 30) and any other gigs they might decide to do prior to leaving for Europe in early May

does this mean U.S. shows?

waXresilienT
03-30-2006, 02:07 PM
it seems that it has definitely been left open to that.

pris0n
03-30-2006, 02:07 PM
I think this just about confirms a US minitour.

MentalSanityOff
03-30-2006, 02:08 PM
wasnt there some rumor of tool doing a show in texas before a full-blown US tour?

Sol Invictus
03-30-2006, 02:08 PM
I think so. If they decide to do em. Or they are a secret right now.

HolyReality
03-30-2006, 02:12 PM
the last "they" definitely refers to tool. if I remember correctly they did a few shows right around the release of lateralus...but I can't remember if those were announced early or not....

dracomordag
03-30-2006, 02:13 PM
major lol @ blair referring to Tool as "Danny's other band"

TheRuleOfThree
03-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I imagine if the information is put anywhere, it will be found on Toolarmy. Maybe they'll be TA-exclusive now that they have that whole system up and running.

dracomordag
03-30-2006, 02:14 PM
what whole system?

mike tyson
03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
it says MIGHT.. so i'm not getting any hopes up

toolgasm
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
what whole system?

The system involves giving members of TA a chance to win tickets and other things for shows coming up in their area.

Foamy
03-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Mike Tyson aka the TDN Equilibrium. Whever you feel excited its his job to bring you back down to earth. Isnt that right, mike?

toolgasm
03-30-2006, 02:28 PM

Might still means theres a chance...

Like 1/1,000,000... So your telling me theres a chance!?

ObviousParadox
03-30-2006, 02:34 PM
wow. that's what we get after all this time and all this hype. that's fucking great. alright, who's the deadman who threw the salt-shaker?!

mike tyson
03-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Mike Tyson aka the TDN Equilibrium. Whever you feel excited its his job to bring you back down to earth. Isnt that right, mike?

sorta

HolyReality
03-30-2006, 02:48 PM
we can dream, can't we?

Animus X torsi
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
dreams are like rainbows, only idiots chase them

edit: copyright despair.com

flipmojo
03-30-2006, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything more than a few small shows on the west coast. "Might" means that it is only being considered.

Animus X torsi
03-30-2006, 02:55 PM
i hate it, i really have no hope of seeing them till late summer do i?

mike tyson
03-30-2006, 02:56 PM
if they do some shows.. please be philly

moneyisevil
03-30-2006, 02:57 PM
if anything i hope for a mini-tour....hell give us the exact same locations...cuz im in the ny area anyway

edit: fuck this "just west-coast" bullshit, cuz all you fuckers on the west coast can go see volto just about any damn weekend you want

HalfASandwidch
03-30-2006, 02:58 PM
major lol @ blair referring to Tool as "Danny's other band"
Blair's talking about volto! you fool.
http://www.myspace.com/volto

EDIT:
Never checked the toolband site so i didn't see that there was more to it. =) ur probably right.

toolgasm
03-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Volto! Isn't Tool though, and I'm sure for the mini tour they will try and hit the four main areas, like NYC, Chicago, somewhere in Texas... ect.

HolyReality
03-30-2006, 02:59 PM
assuming they actually do a few shows, nyc would definitely be a stop so I don't really have to worry anyway.

toolgasm
03-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Blair's talking about volto! you fool.
http://www.myspace.com/volto

What are you talking about, did you even read blair's post?

HalfASandwidch
03-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Nope.

Animus X torsi
03-30-2006, 03:02 PM
i hope they hit nyc or philly

dracomordag
03-30-2006, 03:08 PM

truth.

that's one of the great things about living near philly... all the major acts stop there or in NY

Animus X torsi
03-30-2006, 03:10 PM
yea, but if you live in philly, it sucks

Boozy Eulogist
03-30-2006, 03:12 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Justin's Kamikaze tasted funny, and he suspected Adam of Poisoning. He then broke open the tequilla shotgun and stabbed adam in the face, blinding him.

Then he died from poisoning.

Ok that's a bit too obvious for the 1st.

Boozy Eulogist
03-30-2006, 03:13 PM
P.S.

FEED ME SOUTH EAST!

HiPp_1
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
I hope they can make it down south somewhere. They came to Atlanta for the Lateralus mini tour... (fingers crossed)

Boozy Eulogist
03-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I lived in the north when that happened. Now Atlanta is a stone's throw away.

Damn.

svet-am
03-30-2006, 03:23 PM
I'd got to Atlanta from where I am (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)

mike tyson
03-30-2006, 03:24 PM
truth.

that's one of the great things about living near philly... all the major acts stop there or in NY

they usually stop at both

Superfuzz
03-30-2006, 03:25 PM
if anything i hope for a mini-tour....hell give us the exact same locations...cuz im in the ny area anyway

edit: fuck this "just west-coast" bullshit, cuz all you fuckers on the west coast can go see volto just about any damn weekend you want

LOL, I would say you don't have it that bad in terms of concerts seeing that you live near NEW YORK CITY.

lol

dragonlink2
03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Blair has lost his touch.. he can't even code a link right anymore..

mike tyson
03-30-2006, 03:41 PM
i wouldn't go see VOLTO! for free

dracomordag
03-30-2006, 03:45 PM
they usually stop at both

true

psyco
03-30-2006, 04:02 PM

I second that....a tower theatre show would be pretty badass

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-30-2006, 04:17 PM
haa haa

sleaz1
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I love how blair doesn't refer to the other band, on the other bands website. Do Volto or butcher even have their own websites?? i mean its not that hard to make one.

phreak03
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
I love how blair doesn't refer to the other band, on the other bands website. Do Volto or butcher even have their own websites?? i mean its not that hard to make one.

http://www.butcherband.com
http://www.voltoband.com

Happyfunball
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Yes, they have their own sites. I have a hard time deciding whether Camella's hot or kingpin landlord creepy.

Bogart
03-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I would love to see Tool before they head to Europe, but if they did do a mini tour, i'm sure they wouldn't be playing anywhere near my area.

Ertai
03-30-2006, 04:46 PM
i too am also praying for a philly show during the mini-tour..... so how many people would go to the philly show? any care to meet up beforehand.

Hodge
03-30-2006, 04:54 PM
have fun with the scalpers

flipmojo
03-30-2006, 04:54 PM
For the record, I live in Florida. So I think that pretty much rules out any shot at a show before the Euro-tour. My best shot would be if they did an Atlanta show. I think they have played The Tabernacle in Atlanta before. I would love to catch them there next month.

etaipo
03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
there a good band!

dracomordag
03-30-2006, 05:15 PM
there a good band!

where?

dracomordag
03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
i don't know if i'd go to a philly mini-tour show, because i'm pretty sure the minitour shows would not be as extravagant as the maintour shows, but they'd certainly be more intimate...

any thoughts?

Florida_Mike
03-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Did no one else catch the reference to "the pot" in the middle of the post?

While watching these struggling musicians and short order cooks in action, the first thing that became quite obvious, at least to both of us, is that there didn’t seem to be ANY imported beers six hours north of San Francisco and, if it weren’t for the pot, most of these bands would never have formed in the first place, only to break up an ounce of Purple Wheelchair or two later (we did, however, think that a band called “The Hitch” was pretty good, having some PLC-sounding tunes… although, these guys, too, seemed unable to find any imported beer that far north).

mike tyson
03-30-2006, 05:51 PM
question about tool and mini-tours...

i don't know for sure if they did one before Lateralus, but if they did, did they do the whole video screen thing there too? i know their arena tours feature the awesomeness of those screens and stuff.. but did the minitour at the smaller-ish venues?

insaner
03-30-2006, 05:54 PM
are yall serious about not knowing about the pre-seminal tour?

Bogart
03-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I would like to see Tool in a small venue.

GullyFoyle
03-30-2006, 05:57 PM
the last "they" definitely refers to tool. if I remember correctly they did a few shows right around the release of lateralus...but I can't remember if those were announced early or not....

I had tickets to the opening act (i think) of lateralus at the Tabernacle in Atlanta on May 15 2001. And I had those tickets in advance. I seem to remember them doing some sort of performance before that at something like at (not necessarily the) coachella or lollapallooza or something.

Maybe the guys on this forum that are going to coachella can give us a glimpse (bootlegs) of the new music live.

gf

Deoxy_Anomaly
03-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Mini-tour? o.O St. Louis sucks and bands frequently pass over us...no doubt Tool will do the same until after Europe.

zenkinet
03-30-2006, 06:07 PM
??? look at Toolband, another post was posted underneath...

Ryan
03-30-2006, 06:09 PM
yeah, new songs will be played at coachella.

zavlin
03-30-2006, 06:10 PM
it was signed B&S.....let the mad raving begin.

(-) Thoth
03-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Well, that answers little-to nothing.

Spongebob
03-30-2006, 06:11 PM
??? look at Toolband....

link?

Ryan
03-30-2006, 06:12 PM
30 Mar 06
EUREKA!

I was sitting at the counter in Chili John’s the other day, attempting to finish a basket of oyster crackers with a bowl of spicy/chicken/beans while talking with Danny about what, if any, new songs Tool might play at Coachella when my cell phone started vibrating. It was Kevin Willis calling from San Diego where he was working with Adam on the new video, although it wasn’t the Vicarious video that he was calling about, but, rather, to let me know that two older videos, “Schism” and “Parabol(a)” were being screened as part of the fabulous Silverlake Film Festival in the Arclight Cinema Lounge (Hollywood). Normally, I’d just post this tidbit of info without first checking it out for myself, but in that the Arclight just so happened to be the Siljamonster’s (and a thousand and one other film dorks) glittering turf, here was a rare chance to observe her in the wilds – you know, to be asked if I’ve seen “Un Chien Andalou” and every other artsy film shot in the last 10,000 days.

A couple of hours later I picked up the Icelandic creature and we headed to the dome (her word). Once there, as film dorks swarmed about tables of glossy pamphlets, we tried to locate exactly where the Tool videos were playing. An event coordinator informed us that they had screened them the night before in the theater, but that she didn’t know where they’d be shown on this evening. So you’d think that would be it – we’d get a couple of pricy microbrews in the lounge and then go have some drinks on the boulevard. No such luck. Since we were already at the Arclight, the Siljamon suggested that we view an indie documentary entitled “Rural Rock & Roll” about the little known music scene in Humboldt County. So we purchased tickets and took our assigned seats (yep, that’s how the film dorks like it) in order to check out just what kind of creative talent is packing them in at house parties in places like Eureka and Arcada, California.

While watching these struggling musicians and short order cooks in action, the first thing that became quite obvious, at least to both of us, is that there didn’t seem to be ANY imported beers six hours north of San Francisco and, if it weren’t for the pot, most of these bands would never have formed in the first place, only to break up an ounce of Purple Wheelchair or two later (we did, however, think that a band called “The Hitch” was pretty good, having some PLC-sounding tunes… although, these guys, too, seemed unable to find any imported beer that far north). Anyway, after the documentary, a couple of shorts, Peruvian food (not the title of an artsy film – yet!), Lon Chaney’s “Phantom of the Opera” (with a soundtrack by Switchblade Symphony) and “Sunset Boulevard”, we went again in search of the Tool videos. Although we were still unable to find the room/party where they were being screened on that particular night, from what I understand, they are supposed to be shown again tonight and tomorrow (March 30, 31) as part of the fabulous Silverlake Film Festival. Anyone interested will have to find them on their own. We’re heading to Arcada to see “The Eureka Garbage Company”, “Monster Girls”, and “The Hitch” all on the same bill (if they’re still together by the time we get there). And we’re definitely bringing our own twelve packs of Corona with us. As for what Danny and I were discussing at Chili John’s, once distracted by Kevin’s call, I never did find out what new songs Tool would be playing at Coachella (OR if Danny even knew at this point in time), only that they’d most likely be playing some of the new material.

B & S

Deoxy_Anomaly
???, indeed.

...Blair

zenkinet
Well, that answers little-to nothing.
agreed, I guess we all already figured out that they would be playing new songs...

zenkinet
03-30-2006, 06:13 PM
link?
what you don't know where toolband is? come on you call yourself a tool fan?
:P

Slave
yeah, new songs will be played at coachella.

Fuck yes.

(-) Thoth
agreed, I guess we all already figured out that they would be playing new songs...
I did find it interesting though to find vague references to 10k days, and the pot.... Although I could be mis-interpreting them, it almost seems like a hint at a joke. Though, who knows at this point.

NoD
03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Bull and Shit

Cow and Dung?

Mammal and Waste?

A Waste of a Mammal? ...sounds like Blair.

the last line saved your ass

hellboy1975
03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Bull and Shit

Cow and Dung?

Mammal and Waste?

A Waste of a Mammal? ...sounds like Blair.

Umm Blair and Siljamonster?

dischordance
03-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Tool replaced Blair with Belle and Sebastian?
This is terrible news.

tonedef
03-30-2006, 06:33 PM
vicarious (maybe?), the pot, and 10000 days. sounds like the real deal.

Choice Breath
03-30-2006, 06:51 PM
I think it's Bitch and Suckboy. I find Blair to be a pretentious L.A. stinkhole. Anyone second that?

HolyReality
03-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Maybe the guys on this forum that are going to coachella can give us a glimpse (bootlegs) of the new music live.

gf
well the album comes out in some places on april 29th while coachella is the 30th....so if you download, you'll have it by then...

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Isn't the S 'Sasha'?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Unforunately nobody will take this thread seriously.

InertUniformity
03-30-2006, 07:01 PM
30 Mar 06
EUREKA!

I was sitting at the counter in Chili John’s the other day, attempting to finish a basket of oyster crackers with a bowl of spicy/chicken/beans while talking with Danny about what, if any, new songs Tool might play at Coachella when my cell phone started vibrating. It was Kevin Willis calling from San Diego where he was working with Adam on the new video, although it wasn’t the Vicarious video that he was calling about, but, rather, to let me know that two older videos, “Schism” and “Parabol(a)” were being screened as part of the fabulous Silverlake Film Festival in the Arclight Cinema Lounge (Hollywood). Normally, I’d just post this tidbit of info without first checking it out for myself, but in that the Arclight just so happened to be the Siljamonster’s (and a thousand and one other film dorks) glittering turf, here was a rare chance to observe her in the wilds – you know, to be asked if I’ve seen “Un Chien Andalou” and every other artsy film shot in the last 10,000 days.

A couple of hours later I picked up the Icelandic creature and we headed to the dome (her word). Once there, as film dorks swarmed about tables of glossy pamphlets, we tried to locate exactly where the Tool videos were playing. An event coordinator informed us that they had screened them the night before in the theater, but that she didn’t know where they’d be shown on this evening. So you’d think that would be it – we’d get a couple of pricy microbrews in the lounge and then go have some drinks on the boulevard. No such luck. Since we were already at the Arclight, the Siljamon suggested that we view an indie documentary entitled “Rural Rock & Roll” about the little known music scene in Humboldt County. So we purchased tickets and took our assigned seats (yep, that’s how the film dorks like it) in order to check out just what kind of creative talent is packing them in at house parties in places like Eureka and Arcada, California.

While watching these struggling musicians and short order cooks in action, the first thing that became quite obvious, at least to both of us, is that there didn’t seem to be ANY imported beers six hours north of San Francisco and, if it weren’t for the pot, most of these bands would never have formed in the first place, only to break up an ounce of Purple Wheelchair or two later (we did, however, think that a band called “The Hitch” was pretty good, having some PLC-sounding tunes… although, these guys, too, seemed unable to find any imported beer that far north). Anyway, after the documentary, a couple of shorts, Peruvian food (not the title of an artsy film – yet!), Lon Chaney’s “Phantom of the Opera” (with a soundtrack by Switchblade Symphony) and “Sunset Boulevard”, we went again in search of the Tool videos. Although we were still unable to find the room/party where they were being screened on that particular night, from what I understand, they are supposed to be shown again tonight and tomorrow (March 30, 31) as part of the fabulous Silverlake Film Festival. Anyone interested will have to find them on their own. We’re heading to Arcada to see “The Eureka Garbage Company”, “Monster Girls”, and “The Hitch” all on the same bill (if they’re still together by the time we get there). And we’re definitely bringing our own twelve packs of Corona with us. As for what Danny and I were discussing at Chili John’s, once distracted by Kevin’s call, I never did find out what new songs Tool would be playing at Coachella (OR if Danny even knew at this point in time), only that they’d most likely be playing some of the new material.

B & S

OMG!

Notice how he doesnt put quotation marks around Vicarious!!! What the fuck does that mean!!!! OMG!

I also like how he pulled a 10,000 day pun...almost as if he is rubbing it in our faces

Bogart
03-30-2006, 07:02 PM
What sounds like the real deal...did you just pull this out of your ass or did you hear about it somewhere?

HolyReality
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
b&s = bull and shit.

Howard
03-30-2006, 07:05 PM
But it's so obvious o.O
Why TOOL would play in a concert days before the new album, without playing new material? Pff

Bogart
03-30-2006, 07:07 PM
B & S huh, that doesn't sound too promising.

InertUniformity
03-30-2006, 07:07 PM
well...this is the first confirmation from Blair that Vicarious is in fact the new single...

he is such a dickhead...how much energy does it take to put quotes around vicarious...he must know by now that everything he does will be dissected to the extreme.

he mustnt care about us :(

thepatient_10k
03-30-2006, 07:11 PM
first time blairs ever said anything about vicarious being the single, well the video..

edit: post above beat me to it

HalfASandwidch
03-30-2006, 07:12 PM
vicarious (maybe?), the pot, and 10000 days. sounds like the real deal.
Why couldn't you be from that idiot country south of us?

thepatient_10k
03-30-2006, 07:14 PM
are you fuckin dumb, they wouldnt play a concert right before their cd came out and play new material...thats just well..logical...

anyone with half a brain already knew that...

Spongebob
03-30-2006, 07:15 PM
are you fuckin dumb, they wouldnt play a concert right before their cd came out and play new material...thats just well..logical...

are you being sarcastic?

pris0n
03-30-2006, 07:16 PM

battle of the noobs itt

RacecaR123
03-30-2006, 07:22 PM
I haven't been reading Blairs posts for more than a year or two, but I'd say that one is probably one of the clearest/easiest to read posts he has ever done. Most of the time he mentions how he puts in all these secrets into them that are impossible to decipher, and at least in this one he mentions stuff that can be added together without having to dissect the entire history of tool's media given information plus connections to five thousand other things. I just don't have that much time.

Hodge
03-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Eureka is a 1984 movie starring Gene Hackman, Rutger Hauer, Mickey Rourke, Joe Pesci.

TenSpeed
03-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Joe Pesci.
Enough said.

gerbil
03-30-2006, 07:43 PM
So Blair basically hinted toward them playing "10,000 Days," "The Pot," and "Vicarious" at Coachella. Anything I missed?

Bogart
03-30-2006, 07:47 PM
I had tickets to the opening act (i think) of lateralus at the Tabernacle in Atlanta on May 15 2001. And I had those tickets in advance. I seem to remember them doing some sort of performance before that at something like at (not necessarily the) coachella or lollapallooza or something.

gf

I think I have a bootleg of that show you were at in Atlanta. After The Grudge, Maynard says, "What in the wild world of sports is a going on here? Where in the fuck have you people been, we've been waiting here for hours." Is that the show you were at?

Dredg
03-30-2006, 07:50 PM
question about tool and mini-tours...

i don't know for sure if they did one before Lateralus, but if they did, did they do the whole video screen thing there too? i know their arena tours feature the awesomeness of those screens and stuff.. but did the minitour at the smaller-ish venues?

yes they did the whole video screen thing. Maynard had a black leather suite on actually. They actually played Swamp Song in New York.

InertUniformity
03-30-2006, 07:59 PM
this is a curious post...

i think that it means something that he did not quote Vicarious...

and that he mentions the pot and 10,000 days

maybe he is just being playful...or maybe its BS

just simulacra
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Seems pretty obvious they'll be playing:

Vicarious
10,000 Days
The Pot

Those're the songs blair name-dropped in the post.
Who can't see through that?

Deoxy_Anomaly
03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
maybe he is just being playful...or maybe its BS

That pretty much sums up the Blair paradox right there...

just simulacra
03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
The "BS" probly referring to the LIE "As for what Danny and I were discussing at Chili John’s, once distracted by Kevin’s call, I never did find out what new songs Tool would be playing at Coachella (OR if Danny even knew at this point in time), only that they’d most likely be playing some of the new material."

Seems pretty easy.

Get ready to hear those three.

insaner
03-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I think I have a bootleg of that show you were at in Atlanta. After The Grudge, Maynard says, "What in the wild world of sports is a going on here? Where in the fuck have you people been, we've been waiting here for hours." Is that the show you were at?

heh i forgot about that shit. it was funny cause the show started about 2 hours late.

Happyfunball
03-30-2006, 08:29 PM
I concur. Idiocy transcends all borders.

Bogart
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
I concur. Idiocy transcends all borders.

Nailed it on the head.

eddie75
03-30-2006, 08:34 PM

APC did before 13th step.

HiPp_1
03-30-2006, 08:35 PM
That was a great show, the Tabernacle is the best venue to see a show in atlanta.

Howard
03-30-2006, 08:37 PM

Oh yeah, and they won't release a single before the album cames out, right? **

/Parallelus/Reflectionis/
03-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Any chance they stop in Canada before late summer ? What do you think?

gerbil
03-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Any chance they stop in Canada before late summer ? What do you think?

Canada is just an elaborate hoax.

Systolic
03-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Purple pen = Danny giving out autographs...

Ertai
03-30-2006, 09:34 PM
there has been a new update @ toolband... look back

The Official Fiction
03-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Seems pretty obvious they'll be playing:

Vicarious
10,000 Days
The Pot

Those're the songs blair name-dropped in the post.
Who can't see through that?

My thoughts exactly. It's like there was a neon-sign above those words in the post.

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-30-2006, 09:53 PM
they will play the first single and thats probably it......maybe one more new song....maybe

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-30-2006, 09:53 PM
there has been a new update @ toolband... look back

What are you talking about? I always saw both of the updates about Butcher and Tool.

Ertai
03-30-2006, 09:54 PM
What are you talking about? I always saw both of the updates about Butcher and Tool.
EUREKAA!!!!!

Brotha52
03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey I'm in the Eureka/Arcata area, and I can't seem to find the show Blair's speaking of, Can anyone help.

lucydog
03-30-2006, 10:03 PM
So - heres the question - will a US minitour be like the "guerilla shows" System of a Down played? You find out the night before you can buy tickets, and wait in line all night-morning-day? They supposedly did this so only the "true fans" get tickets, not the scalpers. I can see Tool doing this.

Staralfur
03-30-2006, 10:04 PM
hmm...that's the exclamation used to express triumph upon finding or discovering something...think of Archimedes in a bath tub :))))

HalfASandwidch
03-30-2006, 10:36 PM
That's because those Americans have been jumpnig our border. But you didn't think of that did you Sobot? DID YOU?

Winner
03-30-2006, 10:39 PM
spicy/chicken/beans?

something fishy's going on.

HolyReality
03-30-2006, 11:09 PM
those system of a down shows weren't set up too well....I love tool and would probably kill to see them after all this time....but I don't think I'd be able to wait in a line for 8 hours just to get tickets at the Virgin Megastore...I'm busier than that....also, I doubt tool would be that corporately minded.

Kelly
03-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Can anyone tell me what the 'Un Chien Andalou' reference was? Since that was made in 1929, which is many years beyond 10,000 days, although it is amazing and probably a Tool favorite, Dali was a genius.

orange.juice
03-31-2006, 01:48 AM
you just did the reference by yourself...

'Un Chien Andalu' , as a movie, has nothing to say actually. It's just provocative. And that was the purpose in making the film. There is no story, they did it by remembering dreams they had, and put them all together. Hence, there is no real purpose for those scenes, and everyone who tries to decipher the film, will fail.

Mozeley
03-31-2006, 03:14 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before....but why have they not announced the Vicarious single release date like everywhere else has?

Moze

champion
03-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Apparently, Tool plan to play some new material at Coachella, and Blair cracks some funny jokes about film nerds. Adam is also working on the video for Vicarious, still.

Latest news: 30 Mar 06
EUREKA!

A couple of hours later I picked up the Icelandic creature and we headed to the dome (her word). Once there, as film dorks swarmed about tables of glossy pamphlets, we tried to locate exactly where the Tool videos were playing. An event coordinator informed us that they had screened them the night before in the theater, but that she didn’t know where they’d be shown on this evening. So you’d think that would be it – we’d get a couple of pricy microbrews in the lounge and then go have some drinks on the boulevard. No such luck. Since we were already at the Arclight, the Siljamon suggested that we view an indie documentary entitled “Rural Rock & Roll” about the little known music scene in Humboldt County. So we purchased tickets and took our assigned seats (yep, that’s how the film dorks like it) in order to check out just what kind of creative talent is packing them in at house parties in places like Eureka and Arcata, California.

While watching these struggling musicians and short order cooks in action, the first thing that became quite obvious, at least to both of us, is that there didn’t seem to be ANY imported beers six hours north of San Francisco and, if it weren’t for the pot, most of these bands would never have formed in the first place, only to break up an ounce of Purple Wheelchair or two later (we did, however, think that a band called “The Hitch” was pretty good, having some PLC-sounding tunes… although, these guys, too, seemed unable to find any imported beer that far north). Anyway, after the documentary, a couple of shorts, Peruvian food (not the title of an artsy film – yet!), Lon Chaney’s “Phantom of the Opera” (with a soundtrack by Switchblade Symphony) and “Sunset Boulevard”, we went again in search of the Tool videos. Although we were still unable to find the room/party where they were being screened on that particular night, from what I understand, they are supposed to be shown again tonight and tomorrow (March 30, 31) as part of the fabulous Silverlake Film Festival. Anyone interested will have to find them on their own. We’re heading to Arcata to see “The Eureka Garbage Company”, “Monster Girls”, and “The Hitch” all on the same bill (if they’re still together by the time we get there). And we’re definitely bringing our own twelve packs of Corona with us. As for what Danny and I were discussing at Chili John’s, once distracted by Kevin’s call, I never did find out what new songs Tool would be playing at Coachella (OR if Danny even knew at this point in time), only that they’d most likely be playing some of the new material.

champion
03-31-2006, 03:39 AM
Where?

Foamy
03-31-2006, 03:39 AM
TDN

Nebel
03-31-2006, 03:43 AM
As that sweetheart Ryan. pointed out, the songs that he mentioned in that news post is Vicarious, 10,000 Days, The Pot.

ArizonaBay
03-31-2006, 04:15 AM
Can anyone tell me what the 'Un Chien Andalou' reference was? Since that was made in 1929, which is many years beyond 10,000 days, although it is amazing and probably a Tool favorite, Dali was a genius.

I dont think the reference had a purpose, he just mentioned it.

Choice Breath
03-31-2006, 05:48 AM
OMG!

Notice how he doesnt put quotation marks around Vicarious!!! What the fuck does that mean!!!! OMG!

I also like how he pulled a 10,000 day pun...almost as if he is rubbing it in our faces

Maybe they are the real titles and they have sort of worked their way into their vocabulary. Kind of like when you or a friend get a car and then all of a sudden you see that same kind of car anywhere and everywhere you look. Like after Lateralus came out I found myself saying things like "Boy, that dog sure has a mean Disposition" and "Upon further Reflection, there sure is a Schism between the political parties in this country" and "That mirror forms a Parabola" and "The Patient is doing well today, Doctor" . . . I'm a little delirious, it's early. (Wait a minute, delirious is a Prince song. Damn.)

phishman1
03-31-2006, 06:14 AM
I see no reason why they would not play most, if not all, of the new songs prior to the release of the album. What's the difference? They haven't played together live in years. I think they'll be itching to play the new songs as soon as possible. Normally, musicians are more than eager to 'show off' their new material. Regardless of what is in Blair's post regarding the 2 or 3 songs that they are allegedly going to play (before the album release), I am certain that the band has been rehearsing and have all of the new songs ready to go.

Frankly, if I had a chance to go to a Tool show less than a month prior to the release of a new album and they didn't play new songs, I'd be a little miffed...

dracomordag
03-31-2006, 06:32 AM
Seriously, April 30 and May 2 are 3 days apart... if they don't play new material than they're just going over the top on this leak thing. I don't think I'd even download the Coachella bootlegs until after I got the album... I'd much rather hear the album at near full quality (aka, ripped leaks) than some shitty guy in the audience holding a mic. If we can get high quality leggers there, than i just may dl some... but still probably won't listen til after the album drops OMG 3 days later.

dracomordag
03-31-2006, 06:39 AM
"you know, to be asked if I’ve seen “Un Chien Andalou” and every other artsy film shot in the last 10,000 days."

"and, if it weren’t for the pot, most of these bands would never have formed in the first place"

"working with Adam on the new video, although it wasn’t the Vicarious video that he was calling about"

yep. This would be an effective way to point out what songs they will be playing, or it could just be him cracking jokes and knowing that we'll overanalyze them. OMG seperate the body from teh mind!

orange.juice
03-31-2006, 06:40 AM
also, European release date = two days before Coachella.

dracomordag
03-31-2006, 06:51 AM
threads = merged

HolyReality
03-31-2006, 07:14 AM
European release date = two days before Coachella.
an excellent point.

Schist_Head
03-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Red Rocks still has plenty of open space for May. If they play there this May I will piss my pants.

Deoxy_Anomaly
03-31-2006, 07:50 AM
threads = merged

Good...I thought I had gone a tad insane there for a minute.
+Even I'm tired of the duplicate postings and I'm a n00b in these parts myself.

embracingyou
03-31-2006, 08:31 AM
Did anyone notice in that post yesterday he was posting track titles in the whole post. I dunno if that's just me, ah well...sorry if it's been mentioned.

Ancalagon
03-31-2006, 09:48 AM
By the way, is Purple Wheelchair any good?

thepatient_10k
04-01-2006, 03:38 PM
for the record my earlier WAS sarcasm..of course there gonna play songs off of their new cd seeing how their touring for it.

Brotha52
04-01-2006, 05:51 PM
By the way, is Purple Wheelchair any good?

It's the best product Humboldt county produces, well besides Mr. Bungle.

I'm gonna check out the Eureka Garbage Company show on Sunday night. Anyone have any pictures of Blair so I can identify him and get some info out of him.