PDA

View Full Version : Tool feeling "Vicarious" - New Single - billboard.com

Nebel
03-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Rock act Tool has revealed the track list for its next studio album, "10,000 Days." As previously reported, the set is due May 2 via Volcano. Billboard.com has learned that first single/album opener "Vicarious," which stretches past the seven-minute mark, is due to arrive April 17 at U.S. rock radio outlets.

True to form, the 11-track "10,000 Days" sports a number of epic tunes, particularly "Rosetta Stoned" and "10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)," both of which clock in at 11:14. Near the end of the disc are the substantially lengthy "Intension" (7:21) and "Right in Two" (8:56).

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002237083

Octopod
03-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Nice.

steve99_9
03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
now all i have to do is hear it and we're all set

good find

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Nice.

Hopefully the single will be released a week or so before the 17th, like they did with Schism. That means we're only 2 weeks away from new Tool. W00t!

Nebel
03-27-2006, 01:22 PM
It seems strange that Tool would release the longer single first rather than the 6 minutes "The Pot".

Aquabot
03-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Nice.

Hopefully the single will be released a week or so before the 17th, like they did with Schism. That means we're only 2 weeks away from new Tool. W00t!

So does this remove any speculation that the album tracks are a hoax? I'm still sceptical. I've been a fan of this band for too long to take anything at face value.

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 01:25 PM
It seems strange that Tool would release the longer single first rather than the 6 minutes "The Pot".
I was thinking the same thing, actually... Maybe The Pot is too profane or un-radio friendly to be the single...

Have you heard any of their other songs cut down for radio? A while ago I heard Lateralus cut down to something like 5 minutes. Its was horrible... I cried...

Octopod
03-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Could have to do with video production, but a minute doesn't make that much of a dif...

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 01:26 PM
So does this remove any speculation that the album tracks are a hoax? I'm still sceptical. I've been a fan of this band for too long to take anything at face value.
I'm still skeptical, but for the time being its easiest to refer to the songs by what Tool have given us for their names. If they change the names sometime between now and April 17th, its still the same song... just a different name. So whatever.

Sol Invictus
03-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Most bands release their really radio single as the 2nd single because first weeks sales will be high so the first single is just kind of a promo that its coming out and then release the 2nd single later to get the real single sounding song on the radio to keep up album sales. To me thats what the did on lateralus Parabola is way catchier than schism.

liquidswordz
03-27-2006, 01:28 PM
well supposedly vicarious has a little intro that lasts a minute or two....theyll probably cut that part out for the radio so itll be 5-6 minutes.

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 01:30 PM
well supposedly vicarious has a little intro that lasts a minute or two....theyll probably cut that part out for the radio so itll be 5-6 minutes.
So its a possibility that the first new Tool we get to hear in 5 years is a circumsized little bitch?

I'm going to be quite pissed if that happens.

ObviousParadox
03-27-2006, 01:33 PM
well this seems to be the final nail in the coffin for hoax believers. not saying its still not possible for it to be a trick, but when billboard is announcing all that shit, seems to be just about set in (rosetta) stone(d).

Octopod
03-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Radio may snip time of the single, but Tool won't.

paraflux
03-27-2006, 01:36 PM
So does this remove any speculation that the album tracks are a hoax?

no

paraflux
03-27-2006, 01:36 PM
well this seems to be the final nail in the coffin for hoax believers. not saying its still not possible for it to be a trick, but when billboard is announcing all that shit, seems to be just about set in (rosetta) stone(d).
Go ahead and baaaa for me.

Madklikor
03-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Schism was 6:40 and it wasn't cut.

dark_Speedo
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
awesome news - less radio airtime, i won't have little tool fanboys running around my school yelling "THINK FOR YOURSELF"

Bogart
03-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Well I guess the album will be 10,000 Days afterall....I can't believe in a mere few weeks I will be hearing some new TOOL.

liquidswordz
03-27-2006, 01:45 PM
flux sounds like he knows something we dont.....

eddie75
03-27-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't think one song changes the whole hoax thing. The one song could be true and all the rest bogus.

I can't believe they are releassing a 7+ minute song. The radio stations are going to cut it just like they did lateralus. The radio version of lateralus doesn't flow for shit.

Misanthrope
03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Near the end of the disc are the substantially lengthy "Intension" (7:21) and "Right in Two" (8:56). How are those songs considered lengthy? I wait that long for the bus everyday.

ATARI
03-27-2006, 01:48 PM
People who think that songs over 7 minutes are long need to learn to get an attention span

dissonance19
03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
I highly doubt they'll cut the song when it's first being played and not even there after unless your station really sucks. 7 mins is not that long. My radio station played Lateralus, The Grudge, Parabola all on the first day before. Sure, later on they cut the middle to Lateralus when it was official but it is 9 mins long. I don't listen to radio and haven't in yrs so doesn't matter either way. I'll listen for the new one though.

That's interesting to know 10,000 days is 11 mins though. Then Wings for Marie is just a few min intro. Whether L.K is Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned or those other 2 songs, seems like it's been cut into 2 songs. Which sucks.

And I still think Schism sounds more commericial than Parabola. Parabol is considered to be a part of Parabola as well, and they even made a video with them combined. That's not radio friendly together. Even with that said, it sounds less friendly to me than Schism. Schism has more catchier lyrics and sound to it, to me. But I guess, that's just me then.

thejesus

A lot of times bands will release what they feel is their best/most-radio-friendly song second...

It's a marketing strategy...wow them first with a really good song, then blow them away with your best one...it's meant to help sales and help maintain interest in the new record...

liquidswordz
[QUOTE=eddie75]I don't think one song changes the whole hoax thing. The one song could be true and all the rest bogus.

IF the titles are a hoax, could they have just TOLD the radiostations that theyll be getting a new single called vicarious? then when they actually get the single, it will have a different title. Doesnt seem that hard to pull off . just a thought. i doubt its a hoax tho.

TheRuleOfThree
03-27-2006, 01:55 PM
It's good to see more proof of what many of us have been pointing out all along.

I'm excited to see more articles and such on the new record. Hopefully we'll see some more involved reviews pretty soon here.

ObviousParadox
03-27-2006, 02:00 PM

you're missing my point. I'm not saying "YES! ITS NOT A HOAX! SWEET!" I'm just saying that if, in 5 days we're to hear that the tracklisting/title are not what they are on toolband, its getting a little late to turn everything around. Once again, not saying its impossible, but if we look at thing objectively, this is more evidence in favor (especially with billboard releasing specific track names and their lengths) of it. I find it harder to believe that with this new info, Tool are still going to pull a hoax (again) and prove to be one-trick ponys. Oh, everytime the release they put up a fake to trick people! it was funny (kind of) once.

dracomordag
03-27-2006, 02:04 PM
My bet is that quite a few radio stations will be playing the edited version

Toolband, however, will have the whole song on the site come the 11th or so.

placidium
03-27-2006, 02:04 PM
tell him to wipe shit on his face!

Wretched
03-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I am excitied boiz oh boiz.

paraflux
03-27-2006, 02:10 PM
you're missing my point. I'm not saying "YES! ITS NOT A HOAX! SWEET!" I'm just saying that if, in 5 days we're to hear that the tracklisting/title are not what they are on toolband, its getting a little late to turn everything around. Once again, not saying its impossible, but if we look at thing objectively, this is more evidence in favor (especially with billboard releasing specific track names and their lengths) of it. I find it harder to believe that with this new info, Tool are still going to pull a hoax (again) and prove to be one-trick ponys. Oh, everytime the release they put up a fake to trick people! it was funny (kind of) once.
I know, wasnt just directed at you.

placidium
03-27-2006, 02:12 PM
you know something, spit it out already

Sol Invictus
03-27-2006, 02:12 PM
track names and lengths wouldnt take long for billboard to conclude if they spent 5 minutes on the internet just reading the track titles on toolband and reading the andy king review for song lengths. So who knows.

Nebel
03-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Except the track lengths are different from the Andy King review

dissonance19
03-27-2006, 02:15 PM
My bet is that quite a few radio stations will be playing the edited version

Toolband, however, will have the whole song on the site come the 11th or so.

Hasn't Tool said they don't make radio edits before and that radio station edit the songs themselves? 7 mins is not that long and especially with it being a new song they will probably play the whole thing. I don't think they'd edit it at first if they do it all .

steve99_9
03-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Except the track lengths are different from the Andy King review
didn't Andy say in his review that the tracklisting wasn't set in stone yet?

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 02:20 PM
didn't Andy say in his review that the tracklisting wasn't set in stone yet?

I recall him saying something to that effect.

dracomordag
03-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Hasn't Tool said they don't make radio edits before and that radio station edit the songs themselves? 7 mins is not that long and especially with it being a new song they will probably play the whole thing. I don't think they'd edit it at first if they do it all .

precisely... radios will edit, toolband will not

dave.
03-27-2006, 02:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing, actually... Maybe The Pot is too profane or un-radio friendly to be the single...

Have you heard any of their other songs cut down for radio? A while ago I heard Lateralus cut down to something like 5 minutes. Its was horrible... I cried...
I've heard that too. Complete butchery.

Alistair_Carson
03-27-2006, 02:25 PM
People who think that songs over 7 minutes are long need to learn to get an attention span

I just took a look at the cds on my shelf. I think 90% of it is stuff that has 12-minute, 15-minute, 20-minute stuff. It's great. I like it better when a song feels like an movement or a symphony than just a short thrash of power chords.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 02:26 PM
I just took a look at the cds on my shelf. I think 90% of it is stuff that has 12-minute, 15-minute, 20-minute stuff. It's great. I like it better when a song feels like an movement or a symphony than just a short thrash of power chords.

That has nothing to do with radio play. A typical song on the radio is about 4 minutes. Maybe 5.

Alistair_Carson
03-27-2006, 02:28 PM
That has nothing to do with radio play. A typical song on the radio is about 4 minutes. Maybe 5.

Oh I know...which is why I tend to stay away from the radio. Should they butcher one of the singles, I won't be hearing it.

dissonance19
03-27-2006, 02:29 PM

yeah but I don't think they'd edit it right away, if they did it all. Since it's a new song. Toolband will just have it streamed probably.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh I know...which is why I tend to stay away from the radio. Should they butcher one of the singles, I won't be hearing it.

Right. I'm not gonna go out of my way to hear the song on the radio. I can wait a little longer and hear it in context if I need to.

Chris_Brightwell
03-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Hasn't Tool said they don't make radio edits They may not edit for time, but they do edit for content.

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-27-2006, 02:38 PM
What alot of people are failing to realize is that 7 minutes isnt long for us because many of us listen to alot of music that spans well over that mark. However the radio is not formatted towards us, the radio is aimed towards the mainstream which has a short attention span. It would not surprise me if the song got chopped up for the radio, thats why come april 17th I am not listening to the radio at all, I wont chance hearing a radio edit before I hear the real thing.

Octopod
03-27-2006, 02:40 PM

Cuz they're lame.

Alistair_Carson
03-27-2006, 02:42 PM
I remember hearing Stinkfist on the radio a few years back. All the vocals were hacked up.

"Fi.....the borderline"
"Knu.....the borderline"

I never understood why you could say damn and bitch on the radio, but not finger, knuckle, shoulder, or elbow.

Animus X torsi
03-27-2006, 02:43 PM
i never hear tool songs on the radio. the east coast SUCKS

Hodge
03-27-2006, 02:49 PM
i never hear tool songs on the radio. the east coast SUCKS

just Pennsylvania

CrazyJoeDevola
03-27-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm just worried about this because I really like to hear the album opener for the first time when I first listen to the album. Its a really big deal for me. There's something about hearing the opening track for the first time where I always expect it to be very unexpected. That may not make much sense. But the opener sets a tone and almost always puts a smile on my face when it comes to bands that I love.

Goldfoot
I remember hearing Stinkfist on the radio a few years back. All the vocals were hacked up.

"Fi.....the borderline"
"Knu.....the borderline"

I never understood why you could say damn and bitch on the radio, but not finger, knuckle, shoulder, or elbow.

We were watching that Toughest Rhymes show on MTV or MTV2 yesterday and one dude rhymed nuts with nuts and they censored the second one. It's all in context. I understand the system, I just don't agree with it.

Animus X torsi
just Pennsylvania
tell me about it

Jesus Knievel
03-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Finaly some actual news

Wretched
03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
I could leave, but I won't go
Though, my heart might tell me so.
I can't feel a thing from my head down to my toes.

Why does it always seem to be,
me looking at you, with you looking at me?
It's always the same,
it's just a shame... That's VICARIOUS!

Turning me on!
Turning me off!
making me feel like I want to much!
Living with you's just putting me through it allt he time.

----

Some lyrics from Vicarious.

Nebel
03-27-2006, 02:55 PM
...lol

TurdEye13
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
This is a little odd. Having the new single be an album opener? That kind of ruins the mood for the first listen.

Happyfunball
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
That's All. Genesis. Of all the songs you could have lied about, I do believe you picked the most unfunny option possible.

Edit: By the way, this hoax gets more and more elaborate each day, don't you all think? Come May 2nd I hear even their entire fanbase will be in on the prank. Rumor has it, this isn't even this year's April Fool's joke. It's NEXT year's. Come 2007 after hundreds of thousands of CDs have already been printed with the fake album and song titles, they'll at long last reveal the true titles for everything and we'll all shit ourselves and rofl in it.

Chris_Brightwell
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
This is a little odd. Having the new single be an album opener?Stinkfist was the first single from Ænima.

CrazyJoeDevola
03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
This is a little odd. Having the new single be an album opener? That kind of ruins the mood for the first listen.

Yes! Thank you! Please see my post just a few above yours. I'm glad someone feels the same way.

CrazyJoeDevola
03-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Stinkfist was the first single from Ænima.

Good point but I wasn't anticipating Ænima because I wasn't a fan back then. I suppose they aren't breaking any commandments but I really don't know about this. I might have to avoid the first single now. I'm seriously contemplating it. The first few seconds of a new album are so orgasmic, I just can't sacrifice them.

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Yes! Thank you! Please see my post just a few above yours. I'm glad someone feels the same way.

The dont listen to the radio, it will be that much sweeter when you get the album after 2 weeks of anticipation and you can finally hear the whole thing. Its really not that long.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 03:03 PM
I might have to avoid the first single now.

That's my plan. No leaks for me or radio.

TurdEye13
03-27-2006, 03:04 PM
After hearing this, I may avoid the entire single all together. What is 15 more days when you have been waiting 5 years. I will probably even avoid TDN for the last half of April if needed. If I do, I will avoid all of the opinions and descriptions of "Vicarious".

Metlamaniac
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Could someone tell me please, do Tool actually release CD singles?

Wretched
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
That's All. Genesis. Of all the songs you could have lied about, I do believe you picked the most unfunny option possible.

Edit: By the way, this hoax gets more and more elaborate each day, don't you all think? Come May 2nd I hear even their entire fanbase will be in on the prank. Rumor has it, this isn't even this year's April Fool's joke. It's NEXT year's. Come 2007 after hundreds of thousands of CDs have already been printed with the fake album and song titles, they'll at long last reveal the true titles for everything and we'll all shit ourselves and rofl in it.

What would you rather me rip off, Nine Inch Nails? Genesis are the rule, so lick my post and call your dad.

KJM
03-27-2006, 03:17 PM

You're the one on the message board attached to the site claiming the tracks to be real.

Sleep
03-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm going to avoid the album forever and never listen to it so as not to spoil it.

Chris_Brightwell
03-27-2006, 03:23 PM
I wasn't anticipating Ænima because I wasn't a fan back then. What does that have to do with anything?

I suppose they aren't breaking any commandments but I really don't know about this. I might have to avoid the first single now. I'm seriously contemplating it. The first few seconds of a new album are so orgasmic, I just can't sacrifice them.... You're kidding, right?

adda da suh
well supposedly vicarious has a little intro that lasts a minute or two....theyll probably cut that part out for the radio so itll be 5-6 minutes.They play that B.S Green Day song in its entirety and that is close to if not longer than 7 minutes. They won't cut the song.

paraflux
You're the one on the message board attached to the site claiming the tracks to be real.
We're all in on it! All along for the ride.

Goldfoot

Fine, here's the REAL lyrics.

-----------------------------------------------------
I get vicarious whenever you're near
Lose all self-control, baby, just can't steer
Wheels get locked in place
Get a stupid look on my face
When it comes to makin' a pass, pretty mama
I just can't win a race

'Cause I get Vicarious
Vicarious
Vicarious

I get vicarious when you hold my hand
Body gets so weak I can hardly stand
My temperature's runnin' hot
Baby, you got to stop
'Cause if you don't I'm gonna explode
And girl I've got a lot

I get vicarious, yeah
Vicarious
Vicarious

agnomos
03-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I feel like I can't do a thing till I hear that fucking song. So I'll just freeze myself into the fridge so somebody can wake me up when the single comes out. My life it's just starting to DEPEND on that fucking april's day.
All because of your fault, ** And mine, beacause I'm the one who read all of this stupid posts. ACK.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 03:26 PM
You are a sad, strange little man.

Chris_Brightwell
03-27-2006, 03:27 PM
They won't cut the song.YOU DON'T KNOW THAT.

Fucking hell, I'm so sick of people saying, "They will do this," or, "They won't do that." None of you have any fucking clue as to what will or won't be done. It's all speculation, it's all bullshitting, and it's all getting really really really old.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I really can not stand this baseless bullshit speculation.

"They do it for Green Day, so they'll obviously do it for Tool."

That's so laughable that I can't be sure as to whether or not you were kidding. I could say the same thing about how Freebird and Stairway to Heaven go uncut in my neck of the woods, but I'm well aware that it doesn't have shit to do with whether ot not Tool's songs will be cut for time.

They cut Parabol completely out of Parabol/a. They cut the solo out of Parabola. They cut the ending off, too. Hell, I've heard them cut the shit out of Schism! What makes you think they'll give any more respect to Vicarious?

Oh, that's right. They play all of that one Green Day song, so they'll play all of a new Tool song. I get it now.

waffel
03-27-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm going to avoid the album forever and never listen to it so as not to spoil it.

Yea, me too. I do the same thing with movies. I watch the first half hour and save the rest for later. Every few months I'll watch another 10 minutes so the movie is always fresh.

In other words, Blair's a dumbass.

Chris_Brightwell
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM
I feel like I can't do a thing till I hear that fucking song.I really wish I had enough free time that the biggest thing on my list of things to do was to sit around and wait for the new Tool single.

I really wish I could call that a defining point of my life. Hell, I wish I could call it a defining point of my DAY.

I'm getting old and jaded. Fuck.

Goldfoot
In other words, Blair's a dumbass.

You mean you don't REALLY watch movies like that? It makes the LOTR trilogy last years though. :)

agnomos
You are a sad, strange little man.

and sarcastic, too, lately.

waffel
YOU DON'T KNOW THAT.

Fucking hell, I'm so sick of people saying, "They will do this," or, "They won't do that." None of you have any fucking clue as to what will or won't be done. It's all speculation, it's all bullshitting, and it's all getting really really really old.

Isnt that the point of the forum? To speculate?

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 03:30 PM
and sarcastic, too, lately.

Actually, I realized that, I just have been wanting to use that quote for a while since it's been stuck in my head.

Nebel
03-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Actually, I realized that, I just have been wanting to use that quote for a while since it's been stuck in my head.

<3 Toy Story

Chris_Brightwell
03-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Isnt that the point of the forum? To speculate?I've already answered this question.

EDIT: Just to clarify, though ...

If you're going to speculate about something, base it on a list of observations or deductions. Don't just stand up and say, "Well, they play all of that Green Day song, so they'll play all of this Tool song." That just doesn't make sense.

ESPECIALLY when there's a consistent and habitual trend of cutting and editing Tool songs for both content and time. Don't point out Green Day and ignore everything else. Don't point out Green Day as some sort of definitive comparison. As a matter of fact, just don't point out Green Day.

I'm not trying to single out that one post (or that one user, even), it's just the most glaring example of what's bugging the shit out of me right now.

Animus X torsi
03-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Isnt that the point of the forum? To speculate with backing evidence/ information?
fix-ed

waffel
03-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I've already answered this question.

Um, where? All I saw in the post you made that I quoted was some ramblings ahout radio and greenday.

fraz
03-27-2006, 03:38 PM
i know this means nothing but theprp.com has also listed Vicarious as the first single

Animus X torsi
can not stand this baseless bullshit speculation.

?

Chris_Brightwell
Um, where?In a number of other threads where people have asked the same stupid-ass question.

Want to speculate? Fine. Build an argument for it. Just don't say, "Tool will do this," becuase, quite frankly, none of us have a fucking clue what Tool will do.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 03:39 PM
i know this means nothing but theprp.com has also listed Vicarious as the first single

Probably saw Billboard.

ATARI
They all have to get it from somewhere

Animus X torsi
i was really hoping it would be the pot

agnomos
03-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Well... in another topics of the music stream... Sonic Youth it's realising a new album soon.

Now is time for me to run away from the flame posts, hahahaha.

ATARI
03-27-2006, 03:41 PM
i was really hoping it would be the pot

I'm dissapointed that I'll have to wait unitl May 2nd to rock out with The Pot.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm dissapointed that I'll have to wait unitl May 2nd to rock out with The Pot.

Come on over, I'm gonna tonight.

waffel
03-27-2006, 03:42 PM
I thought it was understood nobody knew what tool was going to do, so when you see someone say "they're going to do this" you just ignore them and dont worry about it.

Oh well. I miss out on alot of the threads in this section cuz they're all 95% stupid 'thoughts' people had.

Animus X torsi
03-27-2006, 03:43 PM
this better be a good single, so every in my school will stfu and start respecting tool.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 03:44 PM
this better be a good single, so every in my school will stfu and start respecting tool.

Put on headphones and you don't have to listen to them.

Chris_Brightwell
every in my school will stfu and start respecting tool.This will never happen. Just let them like what they want.

Animus X torsi
Put on headphones and you don't have to listen to them.
they're mostly my friends :(

ATARI
03-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Friends don't let friends walk around saying "learn to swim."

Animus X torsi
03-27-2006, 03:48 PM
and all the ones that don't know me always ask me why i wear a shirt calling myself a tool, or tell me its not a perfect circle, so i think both bands play a sick joke on their fans with their band shirts

baaaaaaaaaa

agnomos
03-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Just a doubt. English is not my language, so I would like somebody could explain to me what a Vicarious is...

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
The new single..............

agnomos
03-27-2006, 03:57 PM
The meaning of the word, please...

Wretched
03-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Chris Brightwell is a fucking good role model.

cadav
03-27-2006, 04:23 PM

They are pretty darn long compared to "average song on an average album"

Even Led Zep (known for long epic songs) didn't break 7 minute mark more than a couple of songs per album, if that.

Tyson
03-27-2006, 04:27 PM
What I don't understand is why have Tool been saying they haven't decided on a single when Adam was left behind duuring the promo tour at the start of the month to make the video?

That makes no sense.

ATARI
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
No they aren't. People are just too lazy

o00mega00
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
The meaning of the word, please...

vicarious

One entry found for vicarious.
Main Entry: vi·car·i·ous
Pronunciation: vI-'ker-E-&s, v&-, -'kar-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin vicarius, from vicis change, alternation, stead -- more at WEEK
1 a : serving instead of someone or something else b : that has been delegated <vicarious authority>
2 : performed or suffered by one person as a substitute for another or to the benefit or advantage of another : SUBSTITUTIONARY <a vicarious sacrifice>
3 : experienced or realized through imaginative or sympathetic participation in the experience of another
4 : occurring in an unexpected or abnormal part of the body instead of the usual one <bleeding from the gums sometimes occurs in the absence of the normal discharge from the uterus in vicarious menstruation>
- vi·car·i·ous·ly adverb
- vi·car·i·ous·ness noun

Jesus Knievel
03-27-2006, 05:00 PM
just wait till april 1st

fraz
03-27-2006, 05:16 PM
vicarious

One entry found for vicarious.
Main Entry: vi·car·i·ous
Pronunciation: vI-'ker-E-&s, v&-, -'kar-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin vicarius, from vicis change, alternation, stead -- more at WEEK
1 a : serving instead of someone or something else b : that has been delegated <vicarious authority>
2 : performed or suffered by one person as a substitute for another or to the benefit or advantage of another : SUBSTITUTIONARY <a vicarious sacrifice>
3 : experienced or realized through imaginative or sympathetic participation in the experience of another
4 : occurring in an unexpected or abnormal part of the body instead of the usual one <bleeding from the gums sometimes occurs in the absence of the normal discharge from the uterus in vicarious menstruation>
- vi·car·i·ous·ly adverb
- vi·car·i·ous·ness noun

please use in a sentence

mike09
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM

Not really. Vicarious is one of the only track names on 10,000 Days that, to me, sounds like a Tool song. Not really a surprise that it's the first single. In fact, this will probably add to the conspiracy theory, not stop it.

champion
03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
This is GREAT news.

Early reviews have said the opening track is their heavy as hell.

hateAliases
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
YOU DON'T KNOW THAT.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I really can not stand this baseless bullshit speculation.

haha Chris.... well uhm... HAHA lol

CrazyJoeDevola
03-27-2006, 05:26 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

... You're kidding, right?

I just meant that since someone brought up the point that "Stinkfist" was the first single from its album and this is no different but the point as this situation applies to my life is that since I wasn't anticipating that album I don't really mind that it was the first single. But since I've been waiting a long time for this album and I really like basking in that first whole album listen, it matters this time.

And no, I'm not kidding. I have my traditions and this is one that I quite enjoy. Sue me.

bozziodrummer000
03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
::sues you::

CrazyJoeDevola
03-27-2006, 05:30 PM
please use in a sentence
My friend gets more pussy than I do so I keep him around to live vicariously through him when he tells of all the hot ass he gets.

Ertai
03-27-2006, 05:58 PM
please use in a sentence

vicarious means something in reference to 'feeling/thinking/experiencing' the 'feelings/thoughts/experiences' of someone else..

rimb
03-27-2006, 06:05 PM
please use in a sentence

Guns N' Roses - Don't Damn Me (Use Your Illusion I)

"Vicarious existence is a fuckin' waste of time"

dracomordag
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Guns N' Roses - Don't Damn Me (Use Your Illusion I)

"Vicarious existence is a fuckin' waste of time"

LOL CHINESE DEMOCRACY MIRITE?

NoD
03-27-2006, 06:09 PM

I would think that, given the mammoth expectations of the new album, tool would go with a first single that is more represtentative of the entire vibe of the album instead of just the catchiest tune.

adda da suh
03-27-2006, 06:17 PM
YOU DON'T KNOW THAT.

"They do it for Green Day, so they'll obviously do it for Tool."

That's so laughable that I can't be sure as to whether or not you were kidding. I could say the same thing about how Freebird and Stairway to Heaven go uncut in my neck of the woods, but I'm well aware that it doesn't have shit to do with whether ot not Tool's songs will be cut for time.

They cut Parabol completely out of Parabol/a. They cut the solo out of Parabola. They cut the ending off, too. Hell, I've heard them cut the shit out of Schism! What makes you think they'll give any more respect to Vicarious?

Oh, that's right. They play all of that one Green Day song, so they'll play all of a new Tool song. I get it now.

wow? Well I don't know how they do it in Alabamy, but the only edited thing I have heard them do was cut all of the fuck this and fuck that out of Aenima. I am not comparing bands, just song lengths. They are playing ALOT more metal/heavy music on the radio then they were back when Lateralus was released. They may cut it, they may not. And as far as baseless bullshit, what inside clairvoyant info do you have there buddy? If this is getting old, and you are sick of all this, then do something else.

First please enlighten us all as to what Tool will do, since I CANT be right.

adda da suh
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Isnt that the point of the forum? To speculate?

Thank you for remembering that, because it seems some folks have forgotten.

tcM_Emperor
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
They could of easily put one - two legitimate track names in the tracklisting.

Remember the track called "Right in two"? Maybe that's what it's refering to..

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
03-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Gin and Fresca

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-27-2006, 06:38 PM
I wonder if/when Blair will comment on the single.

RedVilliam
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Even for those of us that are still doubting the validity of the information we have thus far received, we would be remiss to fully dismiss the secondary information we are receiving now. The closer we get to the expected release date the chances of the set list actually being 'vicarious' become almost minuscule.

NoD
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM

when he wakes up from his saturday coke binge...maybe thursday

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
he will prolly say something when the embargo ends

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
i heard Lateralus on the radio 2 days ago and they played the whole thing.....no edit

evlcookie
03-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Well we will find out soon. April 17th isnt that far away. I have waited 5 years i can wait a bit longer.
And something is definatly coming soon. Rage ( http://abc.net.au/rage/rage.htm ) List's Tool as "coming up" so the video to <whatever-it-is-called> is coming oh so soon.
Unless they are actually going to be a guest programmer ( Which would be rather odd ) then the only other option is the clip.

ATARI
03-27-2006, 07:10 PM
I heard lateralus played. It was about 4 minutes long and the DJ pronuced it "Later Atlus."

adda da suh
03-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Even for those of us that are still doubting the validity of the information we have thus far received, we would be remiss to fully dismiss the secondary information we are receiving now. The closer we get to the expected release date the chances of the set list actually being 'vicarious' become almost minuscule.
The angle of the dangle is inversely proportionate to the heat of the meat

rimb
03-27-2006, 07:52 PM
And something is definatly coming soon. Rage ( http://abc.net.au/rage/rage.htm ) List's Tool as "coming up" so the video to <whatever-it-is-called> is coming oh so soon.
Unless they are actually going to be a guest programmer ( Which would be rather odd ) then the only other option is the clip.

They are going to guest program.

Rage will probably also one of the first shows to play the new video as I'm pretty sure was the case with Schism and Parabola.

evlcookie
03-27-2006, 07:55 PM

Rage will probably also one of the first shows to play the new video as I'm pretty sure was the case with Schism and Parabola.

WoW so they are? . nice

I knew about rage being the first to show previous videos.
Yay for rage.

Should be an interesting show / night if i can stay up whenever they do the show.

dracomordag
03-27-2006, 07:55 PM
And as far as baseless bullshit, what inside clairvoyant info do you have there buddy? If this is getting old, and you are sick of all this, then do something else.

First please enlighten us all as to what Tool will do, since I CANT be right.

LOL @ telling the admin of this forum to do something else.

M. Sagro
03-27-2006, 07:58 PM
I heard lateralus played. It was about 4 minutes long and the DJ pronuced it "Later Atlus."
Laff.

On another note, just wait until April whenever it is for the new single to come out. I'm probably not going to hear it until the new album comes out, anyway. I never listen to the radio and I don't feel like waiting an hour to download a song that's 6 or so minutes long.

Tyson
03-27-2006, 08:12 PM

Bullshit.

Rage will get the world premiere of the new video.

Tyson
03-27-2006, 08:15 PM
The video for the single.

Alex in Chains
03-27-2006, 08:48 PM
please use in a sentence

A member of the band vicariously participated in the forums by pretending to be a fan with an avatar of some shitty hockey team, constantly trying to drop hints and steer the other forum members in the right direction.

adda da suh
03-27-2006, 09:02 PM
LOL @ telling the admin of this forum to do something else.Well if he is so tired of all of this speculation and baseless arguments, it seems as though he may be in the wrong business. I don't like to see anyone miserable. You would think an admin would have a little more patience with people, and let them post w/o blasting them for their OPINION...I think it does say opinion right after "The Tool Page"

dracomordag
03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
or the admin could see this shit way more than any of us do and get tired of it quicker.

we've been seeing near the same shit since early august late july last year, so it's gotten pretty old. plus, he pretty clearly said that speculation is alright, but baseless speculation is just a load of BS

Nemesis
03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Since Aenima, they band have always tossed up between song 1 or 5 as the first single.

Stinkfist or 46&2
The Grudge or Schism
Vicarious or The Pot

Then they never release the one that missed out as the second single!

I wonder if this is coincidence?

Dross
03-27-2006, 09:13 PM

the radio will cut it anyway like they did lateralus

FortySix&Two
03-27-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm just worried about this because I really like to hear the album opener for the first time when I first listen to the album. Its a really big deal for me. There's something about hearing the opening track for the first time where I always expect it to be very unexpected. That may not make much sense. But the opener sets a tone and almost always puts a smile on my face when it comes to bands that I love.

I agree wholeheartedly. If the first single is in fact the opening track, I'm going to try my damndest to avoid hearing or reading much about it until I have the album in my hands (and not a leaked copy). If it was a track later in the album, I would probably listen to it, but not the opening track. That's just too special to ruin as a single when you don't have the intro that goes with it, or the rest of the album to follow it.

flipmojo
03-27-2006, 09:23 PM
So seriously, when the album comes out and it is called 10,000 Days, the tracklist is what it has been for weeks, and the first single is Vicarious, all the chicken shit, annoying doubters who were to afraid to believe shall be marked as such. I will be sure to compile a list with Ocelot199 at the top. Ocelot can also go on the bi-polar list as the guy who hates Tool one day and loves them the next.

rimb
03-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Bullshit.

Rage will get the world premiere of the new video.

The "coming up" section lists guest programmers, not new videos.

KJM
03-27-2006, 09:53 PM
So seriously, when the album comes out and it is called 10,000 Days, the tracklist is what it has been for weeks, and the first single is Vicarious, all the chicken shit, annoying doubters who were to afraid to believe shall be marked as such. I will be sure to compile a list with Ocelot199 at the top. Ocelot can also go on the bi-polar list as the guy who hates Tool one day and loves them the next.

or it's proven false and you look bad. honestly it could go either way. I'm more inclined to believe, but you never do know.

Chris_Brightwell
03-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Rage will get the world premiere of the new video.It wouldn't be the first time.

lachrymoIogy
03-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Since Aenima, they band have always tossed up between song 1 or 5 as the first single.

Stinkfist or 46&2
The Grudge or Schism
Vicarious or The Pot

Then they never release the one that missed out as the second single!

I wonder if this is coincidence? you meen... Stinkfist or Aenima, Schism or Lateralus ... right?

Mr.Rubberburner
03-27-2006, 10:07 PM
first single is Lipan Conjuring

Mr.Rubberburner
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
first single is Lipan Conjuring
clocking in at a whopping minute

flipmojo
03-27-2006, 10:20 PM
or it's proven false and you look bad. honestly it could go either way. I'm more inclined to believe, but you never do know.

I would rather look bad as a believer than a doubter. Believing everything we have heard from reliable sources is intelligent. If it is wrong, it was still intelligent to believe. Doubting everything from a reliable source is foolish. If you are a doubter, you have to be right. You have nothing else. It's a sad way to live.

s ti N Kfizt
03-27-2006, 10:41 PM
i'll probably wait until i get the album in my hands but i think i will read some opinions from this forum (if it's not down :P) not too much though.

i didn't know that GN'R's Don't Damn Me has word vicarious on it, though i have heard the song many times.. well i guese it isn't even a rare word cuz even my computer dictionary knows it.

Month until the album.. woohee.

Grimface
03-28-2006, 12:05 AM
"Vicarious means that it was done for us and not in us"
"Vicarious means "in our place, in our stead.""

Could still be a hoax...

<FUTANT>
03-28-2006, 12:44 AM
It is...

Natalie Portman
03-28-2006, 12:50 AM
aww snap!

Nemesis
03-28-2006, 02:18 AM
you meen... Stinkfist or Aenima, Schism or Lateralus ... right?

No, I heard somewhere that it was those songs being thought about as first singles. Maybe i'm wrong, not sure.

Lost Keys
03-28-2006, 02:43 AM
So its a possibility that the first new Tool we get to hear in 5 years is a circumsized little bitch?

I'm going to be quite pissed if that happens.

OWNTARIO, CANADA SALUTES J00

adda da suh
03-28-2006, 07:06 AM
or the admin could see this shit way more than any of us do and get tired of it quicker.

we've been seeing near the same shit since early august late july last year, so it's gotten pretty old. plus, he pretty clearly said that speculation is alright, but baseless speculation is just a load of BS

What is baseless about comparing song lengths ? It is just the base of an argument stating, that why wouldn't the radio play the entire song that runs around 7 min, when they already play songs that long? I know in some parts of this country, they may edit songs for time, defintely for content, but honestly I have not heard an edited for time Tool song in the 10+ years since they have started playing them on the radio.

I really can't understand completely what Mr.Brightwell is experiencing when it comes to dealing with all of this nonsense, but for the little time I am here it seems that most every argument around here could be considered baseless. The only concrete evidence is what we have been sold by the band and their minions.

One fact I do have to go on is that I personally have not heard an edited for time Tool song on the radio, so I can't imagine why they would start now. And remember I am basing this off of the one or two radio stations I do happen to listen to occasionally here in Ohio. I really wasn't looking to start an argument nor did I expect to get blasted for my fact based opinion. But having read enough posts around here, I should have known better.

ARMZ
03-28-2006, 07:13 AM
I hope the song is edited, not for reasons due to it's length but due to it's content. I also hope the video is extremely gruesome.

paraflux
03-28-2006, 07:26 AM
I would rather look bad as a believer than a doubter. Believing everything we have heard from reliable sources is intelligent. If it is wrong, it was still intelligent to believe. Doubting everything from a reliable source is foolish. If you are a doubter, you have to be right. You have nothing else. It's a sad way to live.

lol. *sigh*
yes, I can do both at the same time.

Why anyone would think that it is "intelligent" to believe anything that they have no direct experience in or knowledge of, I will never know. You think it "looks better" to be a believer and be wrong, than to be a doubter and be wrong? Reliable source??? Where is your reliable source? Where was it when Maynard found Jesus? Where was it when System Encephale or whatever was released as the title of Lateralus? This is just crazy. Why people would be like lemmings and jump off a cliff just because someone told you there was actually more ground over there... that's "better" than looking over the edge first and checking? Come the fuck on.

Be sure to do that, because you will SURELY make all of us non-believers look terrible! I mean, think of the shame I will feel when you point and laugh at me and say "You didnt believe!" And what I will have lost by not believing, let's think about that now. I will have lost... wait, nothing. I simply wanted to have it in my hands. It's the same with movies, I dont like seeing trailers, not because I am gonna say "pffff that's clearly not what that movie is about" but because I want everything to be fresh.

So everyone, with your badgering of the people who refuse to believe what they have been told, please. Fuck straight off. That's right, straight off. Even if the album is called 10,000 Days, guess what? It makes no difference to us. All we want is music and that's always how it has been for me. Lateralus could have been called "A Donkey's Tale" (OMG LOOK, DOUBLE MEANING LOL) and I wouldnt have given a shit.

Nebel
03-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Well we pretty much all look like idiots regardless

s ti N Kfizt
03-28-2006, 07:33 AM
it's the best to be without an opinion or without saying your opinions.................................

.............for me, i don't care what you others think hahahhahahahahaha.

the usual
03-28-2006, 07:51 AM
What is baseless about comparing song lengths ? It is just the base of an argument stating, that why wouldn't the radio play the entire song that runs around 7 min, when they already play songs that long? I know in some parts of this country, they may edit songs for time, defintely for content, but honestly I have not heard an edited for time Tool song in the 10+ years since they have started playing them on the radio.

I really can't understand completely what Mr.Brightwell is experiencing when it comes to dealing with all of this nonsense, but for the little time I am here it seems that most every argument around here could be considered baseless. The only concrete evidence is what we have been sold by the band and their minions.

One fact I do have to go on is that I personally have not heard an edited for time Tool song on the radio, so I can't imagine why they would start now. And remember I am basing this off of the one or two radio stations I do happen to listen to occasionally here in Ohio. I really wasn't looking to start an argument nor did I expect to get blasted for my fact based opinion. But having read enough posts around here, I should have known better.

Great points!
I'm also from O hi O...............(Round on the outside high in the middle)

I have heard the edited version of Lateralus
On the radio.
106.3...huntington W.Va

that's all I wanted to say.
I also want to say that I strongly agree with the fact that most "arguments on this forum are baseless 3rd grade B.S.

Later

Chris_Brightwell
03-28-2006, 09:04 AM
I also want to say that I strongly agree with the fact that most "arguments on this forum are baseless 3rd grade B.S. You're recognizing the source of my frustration and you don't even know it.

TheRuleOfThree
03-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Well we pretty much all look like idiots regardless

Probably the truest statement I've ever read on this forum.

roadhouse86
03-28-2006, 09:37 AM

i dont know if anyone said anything about this but remember TOOL is a rock band and think about how hard it is to write a rock song without it getting old very quick.

BaronSamedi
03-28-2006, 10:15 AM
i dont know if anyone said anything about this but remember TOOL is a rock band and think about how hard it is to write a rock song without it getting old very quick.

Plenty of bands do it. They just don't write formulaic songs and they have some creativity.

Madklikor
03-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Plenty of bands do it. They just don't write formulaic songs and they have some creativity.

Name them.

KJM
03-28-2006, 11:24 AM

btw, not true and was that even a sentence?

Nemesis
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Name them.

These aren't 7 minute songs, but Happiness is a Warm Gun - Beatles and Paranoid Android - Radiohead, are each like 3 songs in one!

They spin me out.

On a completely different subject, Deadsoul Tribe ripped off the H. solo part in the song 'Waiting for the Answer'

Scrunzset
03-28-2006, 01:39 PM

Hear Hear!! (or is it, "Here here"?)

CrazyJoeDevola
03-28-2006, 04:28 PM

Weren't you one of the biggest Iraq War proponents over at Thirteenthstep.net? Believe everything you're told, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong in this whole thing but why are you getting so fired up over a couple of blokes simply not thoughtlessly swallowing every last thing the "Tool Authorities" are feeding us?

And what about living your life whole-heartedly believing in something that turns out to be false? Won't that have been a sad life? It can swing both ways.

"Believing everything we have heard from reliable sources is intelligent."

Not to be overtly Toolian but isn't it true that belief allows the mind to stop functioning? And I don't mean completely, but in regards to the issue at hand. Wouldn't the intelligence be in actively questioning and critically thinking about an issue as opposed to just lying down and accepting whatever comes your way? The mechanics alone defy your statement. And reliability is subjective.

submachine
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Deadsoul Tribe ripped off the H. solo part in the song 'Waiting for the Answer'

Deadsoul Tribe is best when they sound like TooL, and their last CD cover is great.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0002LR8LG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Happyfunball
03-28-2006, 07:55 PM
The difference in this case is simple. Tool has not offered the album and song titles with any further expressed intent that we should be digging up information regarding any of them. They have simply presented the info, nothing more.

To accept such information means nothing. It's akin to reading the nutritional information on a food product. If the wrapper says Red Dye #4 is in there, the normal response is simply to believe it's in there and make the decision that's right for you based upon that belief (ie, if for some bizarre reason you are allergic to Red Dye #4, your belief -- though not absolutely proven by your own testing -- would most likely lead you to avoid the product and forego expanding any additional energy on the matter). If such information means nothing to your overall daily life however -- which is by far the most likely situation -- there is then no penalty for belief, but ultimately as well no reason to bother debating the information's validity. In other words, there's absolutely no redeeming value to be had in not believing. Only the very likely possibility of being wrong for no legitimate reason which subsequently calls into question one's ability to make smart, rational decisions in virtually all facets of life. It is, for all intents and purposes, a stupid way of questioning that will more often lead to bad opinions/beliefs as opposed to good and/or accurate ones.

Do people not find it the least bit odd that both the pro-10,000 Days crowd and the anti-10,000 Days crowd stand by their belief on the basis of the exact same "proof"? At it's very root, both sides have the same information to go by. So why do people believe the titles are real? Because it's on Tool's official website. And why do people not believe the titles are real? Because it's on Tool's official website. Now tell me please which of those two thought processes is the more logical, the more rational, and the more substanciated belief.

KJM
03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Weren't you one of the biggest Iraq War proponents over at Thirteenthstep.net? Believe everything you're told, right?

who were you at tts

flipmojo
03-28-2006, 09:46 PM
lol. *sigh*
yes, I can do both at the same time.

Why anyone would think that it is "intelligent" to believe anything that they have no direct experience in or knowledge of, I will never know. You think it "looks better" to be a believer and be wrong, than to be a doubter and be wrong? Reliable source??? Where is your reliable source? Where was it when Maynard found Jesus? Where was it when System Encephale or whatever was released as the title of Lateralus? This is just crazy. Why people would be like lemmings and jump off a cliff just because someone told you there was actually more ground over there... that's "better" than looking over the edge first and checking? Come the fuck on.

Be sure to do that, because you will SURELY make all of us non-believers look terrible! I mean, think of the shame I will feel when you point and laugh at me and say "You didnt believe!" And what I will have lost by not believing, let's think about that now. I will have lost... wait, nothing. I simply wanted to have it in my hands. It's the same with movies, I dont like seeing trailers, not because I am gonna say "pffff that's clearly not what that movie is about" but because I want everything to be fresh.

So everyone, with your badgering of the people who refuse to believe what they have been told, please. Fuck straight off. That's right, straight off. Even if the album is called 10,000 Days, guess what? It makes no difference to us. All we want is music and that's always how it has been for me. Lateralus could have been called "A Donkey's Tale" (OMG LOOK, DOUBLE MEANING LOL) and I wouldnt have given a shit.

"Hi. I'm Paraflux. Blah, blah, blah. Long-winded rant. Blah, blah, blah. Long-winded rant. Why doesn't anyone listen to me? I don't care. I love myself most. Blah, blah, blah."

flipmojo
03-28-2006, 09:51 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong in this whole thing but why are you getting so fired up over a couple of blokes simply not thoughtlessly swallowing every last thing the "Tool Authorities" are feeding us?

And what about living your life whole-heartedly believing in something that turns out to be false? Won't that have been a sad life? It can swing both ways.

"Believing everything we have heard from reliable sources is intelligent."

Not to be overtly Toolian but isn't it true that belief allows the mind to stop functioning? And I don't mean completely, but in regards to the issue at hand. Wouldn't the intelligence be in actively questioning and critically thinking about an issue as opposed to just lying down and accepting whatever comes your way? The mechanics alone defy your statement. And reliability is subjective.

Yeah. The Iraq War has been many things. It has been going on for so long now that it has evolved and changed. I think it was the right thing to do back in 2002. Last year is when I started to see that it has dragged on too long. Now I am in support of moving the troops out. Nothing else can be done there. The Iraqis must define their country now with minimal support from the U.S. and others.

I'm not going to comment on the other stuff you wrote. You are unable to see what I was saying - not as bad as Paraflux though.

CrazyJoeDevola
03-28-2006, 11:28 PM
who were you at tts

At my most popular, I was Jenard Hames Chreenan. But I began as McPherson.

Yeah. The Iraq War has been many things. It has been going on for so long now that it has evolved and changed. I think it was the right thing to do back in 2002. Last year is when I started to see that it has dragged on too long. Now I am in support of moving the troops out. Nothing else can be done there. The Iraqis must define their country now with minimal support from the U.S. and others.

I'm not going to comment on the other stuff you wrote. You are unable to see what I was saying - not as bad as Paraflux though.

Ok but the other stuff I wrote was the most pertinent issue. The Iraq thing was just a dig. Please explain how I was unable to see what you were saying. You said we shouldn't question because seemingly there is an inherent reliability in what Blair has said. I then attempted to juxtapose your blind faith in Blair with your blind faith in the American government, particularly in regards to their decision to occupy Iraq. But my interest was not in the war issue. My interest is in why you have such a hard time dealing with people trying to "solve" this "mystery." I use quotes because I don't neccessarily believe in this Tool tracklist conspiracy but I don't completely rule it out either. I did believe in it at one time but now I'm just sitting back and waiting for the story to unfold.

Some people are using critical thinking and pragmatism coupled with their own shattered personal ideals of what this album should be and are attempting to crack some sort of code. God forbid. I think I did a damn good job of addressing exactly what you were saying so please, fill me in. What did I miss? I can think of nothing unless you were being facetious.

paraflux
03-29-2006, 01:10 PM
"Hi. I'm Paraflux. Blah, blah, blah. Long-winded rant. Blah, blah, blah. Long-winded rant. Why doesn't anyone listen to me? I don't care. I love myself most. Blah, blah, blah."
This is slightly different, I liked the other one better. Again, if all you are going to do is troll me, that isnt going to last very long. If you want to discuss something, then discuss it.
You are unable to see what I was saying
Who is it that doesnt listen to who again? I see just fine. I answered your points, and you returned with... nothing. So I assume that I came out on top of the ordeal, since that's a response that is usually reserved for when someone has no more ground to back up on. Your response makes just about as much sense in regards to what we were talking about as it would if I were to respond to something you said with "Hi! I'm flipmojo, which means my mojo is reversed and only works with men. Although I'd still fuck a fat whore if I could get it up." Baseless, elementary insults that any angst filled teen can come up with.

KJM
03-29-2006, 01:42 PM
flip thinks that whenever someone else expresses and opinion, they're being ridiculous in some form or another. For some reason I guess he thinks everyone wants to hear his all the time.

alrighty jenard, I remember.

paraflux
03-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Watch out, here comes your very own personalized elementary insult.

CrazyJoeDevola
03-29-2006, 02:23 PM
flip thinks that whenever someone else expresses and opinion, they're being ridiculous in some form or another. For some reason I guess he thinks everyone wants to hear his all the time.

alrighty jenard, I remember.

Yeah, I guess you could say that that's his M.O.....Modus Operandi!
(Fans of my avatar will appreciate the above statement.)

And I'm glad you remember me. Your handle looks familiar. Were you KJM on TS.net also? I'm assuming you were. We should start a TS.net reunion thread on here. I'm sure there are plenty of us. I've seen I_Am and Darkmoogle floating around here. Hell, I think paraflux was there also. Alright if there's not already a thread for us I'll go start one in a general forum.

moneyisevil
03-30-2006, 02:36 PM
so do u think tool will upload the single on their website? i hope so...also this lack of internet is fucken killing me!!!

meatstick
04-11-2006, 10:54 AM
There seems to be some question as to the length of the single on radio. I heard that Tool (or the record company) was requiring all radio outlets to play the new single in its full state, without edits. Does anyone know if this is true, or will it be cut down to size so all the 15 year old Atreyu fans can swallow it? Also, when Schism was released, was it played in its entirety?
Trash/Bin/delete at will...

nddurst
04-11-2006, 11:00 AM
I believe Tool will send Vicarious to radio outlets in its entirety, but the separate radio outlets can chop it up to fit into a certain time slot. I recall that when Lateralus (the song) was getting some radio play, different radio stations left different parts of the song out. Same thing with Eulogy long, long ago.

I have the feeling that Vicarious will feature some sort of intro that will not be included when played on radio. Of course, we'll just have to wait and see.

meatstick
04-11-2006, 11:02 AM
of course more waiting. Love that.
Did they shorten schism? I thought it was played in full? Can't remember, too much oif the brown acid.

goats
04-11-2006, 11:14 AM
schism i believe was played in entirety

Carny_Handles
04-11-2006, 12:53 PM
schism i believe was played in entirety

yeah it 'was' and still is on my local radio station. Even when Lateralus came out (the single) it was played in its entirety for awhile. Then clear channel circumcised it.

A couple of times I heard ticks and leeches played, but that didnt last too long for some reason.

Happyfunball
04-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Radio stations in this area as well as the IE in California play content edited versions of Tool songs but the only time edited song I ever heard was Lateralus. Schism is played in it's entirity as is Eulogy which actually got/gets played quite often.

Something truly odd up here in Oregon is that a particular radio station seems hell-bent on playing Disturbed's 'Down With the Sickness' in it's entirity which, if you have not had the privilage (?) to hear, is a true treat in the "oh my God, I just saw a massive train wreck!" sense.

spitcodfry
04-11-2006, 01:01 PM
I always hoped that Lateralus or The Patient would be a single. Stupid I know cause they're way too long for radio play. I definetely would've liked to see a video from Adam to go along with Lateralus.

TheRuleOfThree
04-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Lateralus was a single. Just because they didn't make a video for it doesn't mean it wasn't released as such. Where I'm from, "Lateralus" gets more play than Parabola did.