PDA

View Full Version : New Album Not A Hoax

xpandnz
03-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Seriously, this is not a hoax album name or anything
Firstly, there are far too many sites taking pre-orders for it and if it was a hoax then im pretty sure they would all be pissed off, so i think 10,000 days is the name.
Now the track listing? Thats not a hoax either. It cant be. Seriously, if tool kept doing this to their fans, u know, giving them false info and stuff just to wind us up then they are not thinking about their fans.
I believe this stuff is all true and when the album comes out with "10,000 days" printed on it and the track listing printed somewhere on the case, we can settle this for good.

So for those who know like me Tool arent fucking us around, put your hands in the air and wave them like you the man or something.

eddie75
03-27-2006, 10:46 AM
I don't think tool really cares what the fans think about it.

just simulacra
03-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the update.

Windir
03-27-2006, 10:48 AM
when the album comes out with "10,000 days" printed on it and the track listing printed somewhere on the case, we can settle this for good.

Why dont you wait for the album then if this is the way you think about it?
Just a thought.

Descencia
03-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Seriously, this is not a hoax album name or anything
Firstly, there are far too many sites taking pre-orders for it and if it was a hoax then im pretty sure they would all be pissed off, so i think 10,000 days is the name.
Now the track listing? Thats not a hoax either. It cant be. Seriously, if tool kept doing this to their fans, u know, giving them false info and stuff just to wind us up then they are not thinking about their fans.
I believe this stuff is all true and when the album comes out with "10,000 days" printed on it and the track listing printed somewhere on the case, we can settle this for good.

So for those who know like me Tool arent fucking us around, put your hands in the air and wave them like you the man or something.

I have already brought this up on http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=842204#post842204

Bogart
03-27-2006, 11:19 AM
exactly...

Sketch Soland
03-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the update.

**straightens art on wall, steps back, looks, sees that it still looks the same as it did before**

new millenium cyanide christ
03-27-2006, 11:25 AM
exactly...

if tool didnt care what the fans think about this cd, or any of the other cds, i highly doubt they would bust their asses traveling across this planet, playing as hard as they can for 2 hrs every nite, screaming, and giving it their all...

if they didnt give a shit about their fans, and for "artistic value" or themselves as most of u's say, then they'd just sit in front of mirrors and play...

wouldnt that be the same thing???

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 11:26 AM

I've accepted the info we have, and will not care either way if it is wrong. If it is right, I will not feel like I am better than the people who weren't. The fact is, the music is the same whether it's called 10,000 Days, Analrapemetodeath, I Can't Find My Dog Because He Left Me For Trent, or Antithesis Exponential. I don't think I even looked at the titles for Lateralus before I listened to it.

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 11:28 AM
if tool didnt care what the fans think about this cd, or any of the other cds, i highly doubt they would bust their asses traveling across this planet, playing as hard as they can for 2 hrs every nite, screaming, and giving it their all...

if they didnt give a shit about their fans, and for "artistic value" or themselves as most of u's say, then they'd just sit in front of mirrors and play...

I perform for the thrill and fun of it, not because I want people to like me. Most other performers I know do the same thing... they don't give two shits about their audience... they just do it for themselves. Its fun.

My guess is Tool feels about the same way.

BeeoBee
03-27-2006, 11:29 AM
i've been a fan since the beginning and yes..TOOL would do this because ever since the internet came about they have been doing it..its not about doing it to us..the fans..its about protecting their "art"(although i do think they get a kick out of watching the idiots up in here)they have mastered keeping their work from getting leaked..maynard did a interview a couple of years back about this and i feel for the guys..they dont really get crap for the album unless there are massive sales of it..they make most of their money on tour...so if a million of us download it before its out..you have to wonder how many out of them will buy it? people on here say "oh..i'm gonna still buy it when it comes out" but how many acually get around to it? dont get me wrong..if it leakes..i'm downloading it..no doubt..but i still understand why they put on this circus..everyone just has to chill out and before you know it..the single will be out..then the album and we will all get some bad ass music to jam to for a while..people can get pissed at what they are doing all they want and say.."man..i cant believe they would do that to us" but..if your a TOOL fan..there really is no turning back..is there?

Staralfur
03-27-2006, 11:31 AM
no, maymay does it for the cash...."shut up and......buy my new record (10,000 days , out May 2nd)!!!!!"

eddie75
03-27-2006, 11:32 AM

They care about it selling, but they don't care if changing things pisses the fans off. In fact pissing off the fans gets it talked about more.

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Bands really don't see very much of the money from album sales, even if they sell a lot of albums. Just not the way it works... all of their income is from touring and merch.

eddie75
03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Bands really don't see very much of the money from album sales, even if they sell a lot of albums. Just not the way it works... all of their income is from touring and merch.
Actually depends upon their contract. The larger and older a band is the more likely they are to make money off of album sales. Tool more than likely makes a decent amoutn off of album sales.

Bogart
03-27-2006, 11:37 AM

The bottom line is that we're pretty selfish; this is our thing, and it's what we want out of music. The fans are pretty secondary to that. It's nice that they're there and that they can appreciate us opening with a fourteen-minute song. I'm in this to be happy.

I don't think they really care what the fans think of their music. Do you think any good artist cares what people think of their work?

orange.juice
03-27-2006, 11:39 AM
maymay
almost lol.

Boozy Eulogist
03-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Do you people not see that little button called "post followup"

For Fucks Sake stop making "here's what I think *insert generic comments that should be in another thread here*" threads.

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Do you people not see that little button called "post followup"

For Fucks Sake stop making "here's what I think *insert generic comments that should be in another thread here*" threads.
Sounds like you've got sand in your vagina.

new millenium cyanide christ
03-27-2006, 12:05 PM
I don't think they really care what the fans think of their music. Do you think any good artist cares what people think of their work?

actually, yes i do...

i know lots of pple have been recently been discussing alex grey lately (both positively or negatively)....he himself has said "what is the point of being an artist but to share with the community"...

so on one hand, i'm sure he doesnt give a fuck necessarily if they think it sucks, but if they love it and are truely taken back by it and inspired by it, i think that adds fuel and inspiration to his own fire...

for example, i draw sacred geometry shit, and i gotta be honest, its quite good....now i can not show a soul, and know how great it is (bc for the most part, i DO draw for myself), or i can show off my work to people and hope to get a smile out of someone.....that would make me alot happier.

xpandnz
03-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Sounds like you've got sand in your vagina.
lol

paraflux
03-27-2006, 12:18 PM
We've already been over this. All aspects of the first post. The point remains that there is no better way to make the point that we are all controlled by information and the ones who hold it than by changing thename of the album on May 1. No outlet or online store loses anything, they still have the product, they dont lose any money, if any dumbass wants a refund because the title isnt "10,000 Days" then they probably dont deserve to hear it.

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 12:19 PM
We've already been over this. All aspects of the first post. The point remains that there is no better way to make the point that we are all controlled by information and the ones who hold it than by changing thename of the album on May 1. No outlet or online store loses anything, they still have the product, they dont lose any money, if any dumbass wants a refund because the title isnt "10,000 Days" then they probably dont deserve to hear it.
Can you like, somehow post this all over the top of the forum so everybody can read it?

Maybe make it bright flashing red?

I love you.

::love::

paraflux
03-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I wish.

CallofCthulhu
03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Tool is at the point in their career where they dont need to worry about making an amazing album which the fans will eat up because they know this album will sell through the roof, no matter if it blows or not. On the one hand Tool is a business which they are required to promote, this is their job, they must tour to boost sales. On the other hand, they can fuck around with the fans as much as they want because they know they CAN.

CallofCthulhu
03-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Actually depends upon their contract. The larger and older a band is the more likely they are to make money off of album sales. Tool more than likely makes a decent amoutn off of album sales.

As everybody knows, Tool has complete control over their music, but that comes at a price. I guarentee you they get raped even more out of money from albums because of their demands for control.

TurdEye13
03-27-2006, 01:04 PM

bingo

xpandnz
03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Seriously, Tool arent gonna waste their time making up and album that no body wants to hear.
Im sick and tired of all these Tool bashers.
True tool fans stick together. Besides is the fans that made tool successful
Tool rock, favourite band.

Ocelot199
03-27-2006, 01:55 PM
SHUT UP

a788
03-27-2006, 01:59 PM
that was kind of an obnoxious/[no] post, but i semi agree with you

placidium
03-27-2006, 02:06 PM
shut the fuck up.

dracomordag
03-27-2006, 02:07 PM
LOL @ caring what other kind of people listen to music you enjoy.

placidium
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
what's with all these fucking people acting like they're better than everyone else? it's not like we're not all excited and suspicious..

Alistair_Carson
03-27-2006, 02:21 PM
OH SHIT... I've been owned. I've been called a dweeb.

That makes me sad

just simulacra
03-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Another update? Thanks again.

justify_denials
03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
merch proboly being number one.

dekard49
03-27-2006, 03:16 PM

lol, I've just got this vision of the album delivered to the retailers covered in a foil with all the 10,000 days info on it, that is peeled off to reveal the genuine info. Now that would be the mutts nutts :D

agnomos
03-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah. Tool is GOD, and stuff. Maynard can't do bad stuff. OH FUCK, Emotive, I ALMOST forgot.

Woland
03-27-2006, 04:04 PM

I thought that the majority of income for artists comes through publishing. I could be wrong, though...

xpandnz
03-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah. Tool is GOD, and stuff. Maynard can't do bad stuff. OH FUCK, Emotive, I ALMOST forgot.

emotive = apc

Fap
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the album information. Is this really the 10,000 days album section- or the "post what ever the fuck crosses your mind" forum?

CallofCthulhu
03-27-2006, 05:15 PM
lol, I've just got this vision of the album delivered to the retailers covered in a foil with all the 10,000 days info on it, that is peeled off to reveal the genuine info. Now that would be the mutts nutts :D

Thats actually pretty interesting. Sounds possible, actually.

eddie75
03-27-2006, 06:51 PM
As everybody knows, Tool has complete control over their music, but that comes at a price. I guarentee you they get raped even more out of money from albums because of their demands for control.
I'm betting that they make quite a bit more than the avg band from record sales based on experince alone.

Holydirt
03-27-2006, 06:56 PM
True tool fans stick together. Besides is the fans that made tool successful
So to all the haters, go back and listen to Simple Plan because thats how cool you are
To all the lovers, we are all good. We love Tool and dont care what they do or do not do.
Tool rock, favourite band.
You do realize your undermind one of the single biggest themes of Tool's music by saying this right? Basically, if I like Tool, I have to believe them, and become completely reliant on their information? I know for a fact "True Tool Fans" don't stick together, and just because we have differences in opinions doesn't mean that we like Simple Plan. Go wack off to some blink 182 posters, asshole.

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-27-2006, 07:00 PM
You do realize your undermind one of the single biggest themes of Tool's music by saying this right? Basically, if I like Tool, I have to believe them, and become completely reliant on their information? I know for a fact "True Tool Fans" don't stick together, and just because we have differences in opinions doesn't mean that we like Simple Plan. Go wack off to some blink 182 posters, asshole.
wow, nice first post

xpandnz
03-27-2006, 07:26 PM
personally i dont care what u think
Tool rock and i dont think that they will just change the name at the last minute. I mean how could we ever trust them if they did?

Look guys, wat im saying is that this forum has become really negitive since they mentioned the name 10,000 days.
Its quite sad.
People really used to get on so well

So whats the deal yo?
Are we flaming each other cause we think one person is more right than the other?
I dont know

As long as the new album comes out i think we will all be good.
With the new album so close now we are all having the final stages of withdrawl symptoms. Its been so long since we got our last fix and the DVDS of Parabol/Parabola and Schism just didnt do the trick.

So hurry up Tool. We have waited too patiently. There was no legal battle this time. Just one decent album from APC (13th step) and its been 5 years. I do appriciate all the time and effort you have put into this new album and I speak for all of us when I say this.

I am also a dedicated Toolarmy club member so please, dont muck us around and hurry up!

Holydirt
03-27-2006, 08:19 PM
personally i dont care what u think
Tool rock and i dont think that they will just change the name at the last minute. I mean how could we ever trust them if they did?

Look guys, wat im saying is that this forum has become really negitive since they mentioned the name 10,000 days.
Its quite sad.
People really used to get on so well

So whats the deal yo?
Are we flaming each other cause we think one person is more right than the other?
I dont know

As long as the new album comes out i think we will all be good.
With the new album so close now we are all having the final stages of withdrawl symptoms. Its been so long since we got our last fix and the DVDS of Parabol/Parabola and Schism just didnt do the trick.

So hurry up Tool. We have waited too patiently. There was no legal battle this time. Just one decent album from APC (13th step) and its been 5 years. I do appriciate all the time and effort you have put into this new album and I speak for all of us when I say this.

I am also a dedicated Toolarmy club member so please, dont muck us around and hurry up!

Practice what you preach. You're the one blindly starting threads insulting the general populus of people. You're not gonna be able to see the truth if your head's up your ass.

Liam
03-27-2006, 08:25 PM
GO FUCK A SHEEP

xpandnz
03-27-2006, 08:26 PM
GO FUCK A SHEEP
point made
i apologize for what i said, but im really guttered everyone is being real mean.

Liam
03-27-2006, 08:33 PM
sorry, no offence, but I thought you might enjoy sheep sodomy.

Liam
03-27-2006, 08:34 PM
way to kill a thread tyson

Liam
03-27-2006, 08:36 PM
:'(

/V\agina
03-27-2006, 08:52 PM
[no]

eonphi
03-28-2006, 01:09 AM
y hav u made another thread almost identicle to the last one u made?

mattw
03-28-2006, 02:02 AM

Were you 'dedicated' enough to get a copy of the signed Lateralus vinyls? If your answer is "no" then there's at least 150+ people who can call themselves 'holier than thou'... by the way, mine looks nice all framed and hanging on the wall etc.

Seriously though, just because you're a Toolarmy member doesn't give you any right to demand something from the band. Their membership is a one-off payment, not on-going, so they don't really owe you anything...

As for demanding that they "hurry up", I don't even know where to start when it comes to responded to this...

Just wait - by early May you will have heard every new song, fallen in love with it, and frequenting the 'net to see if Tool are coming to your homeland etc.

Also, for future posts/threads, you probably didn't have to start a new thread about this thought/idea/opinion/statement.... the internet is full enough (yes, I am aware of the irony of me posting this etc.)

May is not too far away...

xpandnz
03-28-2006, 03:06 AM
Were you 'dedicated' enough to get a copy of the signed Lateralus vinyls? If your answer is "no" then there's at least 150+ people who can call themselves 'holier than thou'... by the way, mine looks nice all framed and hanging on the wall etc.

Seriously though, just because you're a Toolarmy member doesn't give you any right to demand something from the band. Their membership is a one-off payment, not on-going, so they don't really owe you anything...

As for demanding that they "hurry up", I don't even know where to start when it comes to responded to this...

Just wait - by early May you will have heard every new song, fallen in love with it, and frequenting the 'net to see if Tool are coming to your homeland etc.

Also, for future posts/threads, you probably didn't have to start a new thread about this thought/idea/opinion/statement.... the internet is full enough (yes, I am aware of the irony of me posting this etc.)

May is not too far away...
Thank you dude, your post was very soothing. good neutral view. No i do not have the signed copy of lateralus. i have the normal one.
I really need may to hurry up.
Chryogen me frozen till may please

Lost Keys
03-28-2006, 07:02 AM
d

WWWWWWWWHOAMG! IF YOU SCROLL REAL FAST YOU CAN SEE THE ALBUM ART!!1!1!112+2=2