PDA

View Full Version : First Single (Nothing Confirmed Yet)

flipmojo
03-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Use this thread to post any news related to the first single. Has anyone heard any 'real news' about it yet?

We know the first single will be either 'Vicarious' or 'The Pot'. The rumor is that it will be played on the radio April 17th. To me, that seems like it doesn't give people enough time to hear it before the album comes out May 2nd. We may get lucky and hear something about the new single this week from toolband.com. Maybe this years 'April Fools Joke' will be one we actually benefit from. A new single coming out unannounced next weekend would be sweet.

Goldfoot
03-26-2006, 11:02 PM
We know the first single will be either 'Vicarious' or 'The Pot'..

How do we know that? If you're going by the January Newsletter, it could be Viginti Tres also.

Anyway, I think they recorded a fake single to stream for a couple days next weekend then they will replace it like April 5th with the real one. Just a thought.

Spongebob
03-26-2006, 11:03 PM
i think last time schism came out only 2 weeks before the release.

so yeah, i think april 17th the single should be out, i doubt that april fools they will announce a single, im hoping they announce the whole 10,000 days thing to be fake. if it doesn't i might start believing it.

flipmojo
03-26-2006, 11:13 PM
I also read online that the release date could be April 11th. That would be a week sooner, and make more sense. Still nothing confirmed yet though.

Edit: I think the first single will be 'The Pot' because it is the shortest track on the album (according to Andy King's review). He also said it sounded the most commercial in his review.

Boozy Eulogist
03-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Two weeks is a pretty standard advance. Then again so is three.

orange.juice
03-26-2006, 11:18 PM
i reckon it would be really funny if they wouldn't post any news up until the single release from now on.

Idiotica
03-26-2006, 11:23 PM
april 11th adam is in guitar world mag

KJM
03-26-2006, 11:43 PM
isn't there already a "what we know" thread?

Goldfoot
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
isn't there already a "what we know" thread?

Clearly we don't "know" anything about the single though. It's all just speculation.

Citizen Erased
03-27-2006, 12:01 AM
I wonder what little creature will be in the new video.

LoKi
03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
aenima cat

KJM
03-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Clearly we don't "know" anything about the single though. It's all just speculation.

I know that, I'm saying that any news posted here about the single would also be posted in the "what we know" thread as well.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 12:24 AM
I know that, I'm saying that any news posted here about the single would also be posted in the "what we know" thread as well.

Yeah but that main post in the thread hasn't been updated in ages.

Havokb8
03-27-2006, 01:01 AM
I remember hearing schism long long before the album was out, i remember it leaked two months early and i heard it before then.

Havokb8
03-27-2006, 01:02 AM
I remember hearing schism long long before the album was out, i remember it leaked two months early and i heard it before then.

"it" meaning lateralus

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-27-2006, 01:47 AM

Not confirmed yet but I think I read somewhere that Hello Kitty is the star of the next video.

hellboy1975
03-27-2006, 01:58 AM

Probably some sort of Conjoined Twin or Horned Sheep

s ti N Kfizt
03-27-2006, 02:24 AM
in may some finnish magazine has 6 pages interview thing..from amsterdam i guess. it's may though.. album is already out then.

mattw
03-27-2006, 03:42 AM
The rumor is that it will be played on the radio April 17th. To me, that seems like it doesn't give people enough time to hear it before the album comes out May 2nd.

Excuse me for being a maths nerd, but I think 2 weeks is plenty of time for people to hear the first single... let's see:

2 weeks = 14 days = 336 hours = 20160 minutes

Say 'Vicarious' or 'The Pot' goes for, at most, 7 minutes, then that gives us at least 2800 times to hear the song - I think that's long enough...

Seriously though, I think 2 weeks is fine - I know what you're trying to say, in that 2 weeks can fly by and people may not have had a proper chance to hear the song, let it sink in, think about it etc.

But the main reason for a single should be (at least commercially) to heighten people's awareness of a band's new album, hopefully impressing them along the way... "Oh that sounds good! Who was that? Tool? New album May 2nd? Interesting..." and so on.

Whichever song the band chooses as the first single should thoroughly impress and achieve it's 'commercial' goal of grabbing everyones attention etc.

Things should start happening around April 10/11th as Adam's on that magazine, the 'embargo' apparently ends on the 13th, new single 17th....

By late April, the music world should be a buzz with new Tool anticipation and curiousity...

s ti N Kfizt
03-27-2006, 05:03 AM
who the fuck cares do we have enough time to listen the single before the album comes out?!? then we have the whole album.. two weeks is long time although.
i'd like that single would come out about 25. (three days before teh album release date hahh) of april if ever.

insaner
03-27-2006, 10:17 AM

WRONG

agnomos
03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Can Blair give so much time in between news knowing that there's A NEW FUCKING ALBUM coming out?

Yes, he can. But it's unethic. Fuck him/her (don't know the geneder, haha)

Sketch Soland
03-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Not confirmed yet but I think I read somewhere that Hello Kitty is the star of the next video.

i heart this post

zavlin
03-27-2006, 11:32 AM
How do we know that? If you're going by the January Newsletter, it could be Viginti Tres also.
The news letter said one of the 2 had two initials. The pot is two words, and its the only P word. Therefore it pretty much has to be vicarious. Besides, the last track according to AK is supposed to be an instrumental soundscape sorta thing, where as vicarious was one of the more commerical sounding tracks along with the pot.

Cid
03-27-2006, 01:13 PM
got this today. i wrote asking what info they have on the new album and/or single. this is 94.9 in san diego:

Chris,

We will be getting the new single called "Vicarious" on Monday April
17th. The album called "10,000 Days" will be released on Tuesday May
2nd.

Thanks for writing!

Garett
FM 94/9

Loveboat Captain
03-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Nice!

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 02:24 PM
got this today. i wrote asking what info they have on the new album and/or single. this is 94.9 in san diego:

Billboard has that same date.

dracomordag
03-27-2006, 02:48 PM
snoice

flipmojo
03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
I haven't read a single thing in this thread since I opened it because it was moved to the rumors section by one of the goons.

The single is Vicarious (as stated in the news section on this site), and April 17th is the release date. The rumor was true.