PDA

View Full Version : 10K Days status @ Amazon

Fritz
03-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Wow it is a month away and it is the 10th best selling album on amazon. I feel freaking great that I purchased it when it was 18 and now it is 10 woooo me! Oh well anyone else forseeing number one within the next week?

flipmojo
03-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Wow it is a month away and it is the 10th best selling album on amazon. I feel freaking great that I purchased it when it was 18 and now it is 10 woooo me! Oh well anyone else forseeing number one within the next week?

Maybe not next week, but maybe the first week when it is released. I hope they hit #1.

Big Fat Matt
03-24-2006, 12:27 AM
it was at no 15 yesterday. props to tool for outselling rap "music"

F!end
03-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Wow... Tool now it's, indeed, popular... must be all those subliminal messages =)

Light Reflections
03-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Yeah, it's a fucking awesome album.

Wait...

Natalie Portman
03-24-2006, 12:48 AM
it will destroy us all.

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-24-2006, 01:03 AM
its only 10.98 on amazon.com, so i need to get it

Andorion
03-24-2006, 01:43 AM
This may sound crazy, but I'm not going to purchase it anywhere online until I get some more concrete details about it - it still feels like I'm buying a hoax right now.

ĈmorphousEnigma
03-24-2006, 01:51 AM
So, have any of you tools preordered it yet?

delysid
03-24-2006, 01:52 AM
This may sound crazy, but I'm not going to purchase it anywhere online until I get some more concrete details about it - it still feels like I'm buying a hoax right now.

what do you think are they going to do, just take your money and say fuck you?

Saltank
03-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Where is the best place to buy it that would deliver it on time? (In UK)

orange.juice
03-24-2006, 02:05 AM
don't amazon deliver it on release? (dunno, never ordered new releases there)
but fuck it, chances are that you'll get it one day earlier in a record store anyways (bend over), so what?

Lost Keys
03-24-2006, 02:10 AM

I'm with you on this one!

Metlamaniac
03-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Could someone tell me please

If I purchase the album now on Amazon.....is it highly likely that it will arrive at my house on the day? or before the day of release? Or possibly AFTER?

Nebel
03-24-2006, 02:54 AM
#9 on Amazon now

DirtyBanana
03-24-2006, 03:11 AM
don't amazon deliver it on release? (dunno, never ordered new releases there)
but fuck it, chances are that you'll get it one day earlier in a record store anyways (bend over), so what?

I preorderd from amazon.de and the confimation email said it will be shipped on the 27th.

bo bo
03-24-2006, 03:12 AM

If I purchase the album now on Amazon.....is it highly likely that it will arrive at my house on the day? or before the day of release? Or possibly AFTER?

Might be after. Go to a record store. Better experience, anyway.

flipmojo
03-24-2006, 03:12 AM

I pre-ordered the last Harry Potter book from Amazon, and got it on the same day it was released. Some people got it a day or two late. It is a bit of a gamble. You should probably just wait and get it on May 2nd from Best Buy or a local music store, if you aren't ok with getting it a day or two late.

It will leak before May 2nd though. So you could get it that way to ensure you didn't get it late.

toolloot
03-24-2006, 05:39 AM
# Amazon.com Sales Rank: #9 in Music (See Top Sellers in Music)
Yesterday: #11 in Music

Nebel
03-24-2006, 05:42 AM
The album is neither available on play.com and amazon.co.uk yet. I'm pondering ordering one from CDWOW.

mattw
03-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Personally, I hope this album goes really well for the band. I know they have already made a lot of money and been around for a while but I'd love to see them kick arse, sell like 4 or 5 million copies and tour for 2 full years, maybe even picking up a grammy or two along the way. I guess I'm thinking about it in terms of the years to come: I'd love to be able look back and remember when Tool's 2006 album was the most wanted piece of music etc. It's kinda like how my dad talks about bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and The Beatles and how everyone just loved them and so on. It would be great to see Tool have an album like Dark Side of the Moon, in that it stayed in the charts for years because so many people appreciated it...

I know Tool won't get anywhere near the bands I have mentioned above but it just pisses me off when I see far less-talented bands making more money, selling more albums and receiving more recognition than great bands like Tool.

cureformax
03-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Oh, how I do wish that Tool will become oh so popular! I hope that more and more [no] will come to their concerts and block my view, waving their devil horns in the air (with the thumb out), screaming at Maynard the whole time. Oh God I pray that Tool gets to be really really popular!

orange.juice
03-24-2006, 06:10 AM
hm, i wonder if their album will stay that high in the sales rankings. I think this depends on in which interval they calculate the sales. I can imgaine there is a presale boost now, after they made it available for pre order, but it will drop in the next days or weeks. Or not, which would be awesome.

mattw
03-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Oh, how I do wish that Tool will become oh so popular! I hope that more and more [no] will come to their concerts and block my view, waving their devil horns in the air (with the thumb out), screaming at Maynard the whole time. Oh God I pray that Tool gets to be really really popular!

Whether a band is popular or not, there are always idiots at live shows. It doesn't matter if it's the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Green Day etc. or some lesser known band playing club shows in the middle of nowhere. Add live music, people and alcohol and you'll always end up with at least one incident if the band playing is alternative, metal, punk etc.

Obviously I don't want Tool to 'sell out' and start doing tv commercials and making 3 minute radio friendly songs and such, but I would like to see them receive more recognition which usually comes in the form of album sales, touring and general increases in fan numbers etc.

5th Eye
03-24-2006, 06:51 AM
waving their devil horns in the air (with the thumb out)Yeah, I hate how some people can't do it right.

Bogart
03-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Obviously I don't want Tool to 'sell out' and start doing tv commercials and making 3 minute radio friendly songs and such, but I would like to see them receive more recognition which usually comes in the form of album sales, touring and general increases in fan numbers etc.
Why does it matter if other people like Tool?

Snakedragon
03-24-2006, 07:21 AM
in a week i reckon it should be in the top 5

Dharma Bear
03-24-2006, 08:27 AM

Where have you been my friend? Tool is one of the biggest names in rock. Their albums sell like hot cakes, their shows sell out fast (at least around where I live), and everyone I have ever met either likes Tool or at least respect's them. I also remember reading in a Rolling Stones magazine that Tool is one of the top 40 richest rock bands in America.............im pretty sure they have recognition.
:)

researchtriangle
03-24-2006, 08:39 AM
yay tool

RedVilliam
03-24-2006, 08:47 AM
How does pre-release sales affect the charts? Would all these pre-release sales hurt the band when the release is actually made or does it carry over, or what?

Sasha
03-24-2006, 08:47 AM
at #8 now.

HiPp_1
03-24-2006, 09:03 AM
I am kinda torn when it comes to TOOL becoming so popular. Granted, they are already extremely well known in rock/metal circles. However, the average person doesnt know who they are.(atleast here in the southeast). I like the fact that they are secretive about there personal lives, and you dont see there faces on billboard signs. On the other hand, it would be great to hear them on the radio for once and not fucking Yellow Card, and have people appreciate what a unbeliveable band they are. Either way the ablum is going to be awsome, so Im pumped

chonus
03-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Why does it matter if other people like Tool?

A world in which more people listen to Tool would be a better world in so many ways...

A standard of a very high calibur would be set, thus future artists would have to try to bring their art/work to a higher level to compete/improve/evolve and therefor futher progessing the phenomenon that is art.

A world in which more people listened to Tool would be a world with less wars.

A world where more people understand what the people of Tool are doing with their lives and what they stand for would be a world with more understanding and willingness to change itself for the betterment of itself and all mankind.

too many reasons to list...

If Tool is so great why would the world be worse if more people listened them?

QUIT BOGARTING TOOL!

chonus
03-24-2006, 09:12 AM
You can hold people that listen to Tool to a higher standard.

(I'm not saying they all will live up to that standard, but nonetheless.)

orange.juice
03-24-2006, 09:12 AM
that high position in the sales ranks does tell us one thing. Their approach on anti-marketing does work very, very well.

HiPp_1
03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
I agree with much of what chonus said, but

"A world in which more people listened to Tool would be a world with less wars."

Dont know bout that.

chonus
03-24-2006, 09:44 AM
at #8 now.

I just hope it passes James Blunt at #6...

... before the Coachella concert.

Cid
03-24-2006, 09:47 AM
fuck preordering.....i'm getting mine at a midnight sale.

dracomordag
03-24-2006, 09:49 AM
the key is to preorder one (so the CD will likely arrive on time) and then opening day go to a record store and buy it in person. 2 copies = best way to go anyway, so using this method you can gamble with preordering (sometimes you can get it a day early) and still have the in-store experience and guarantee to fall back on.

Inner_Eulogy
03-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Personally, I hope this album goes really well for the band. I know they have already made a lot of money and been around for a while but I'd love to see them kick arse, sell like 4 or 5 million copies and tour for 2 full years, maybe even picking up a grammy or two along the way. I guess I'm thinking about it in terms of the years to come: I'd love to be able look back and remember when Tool's 2006 album was the most wanted piece of music etc. It's kinda like how my dad talks about bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and The Beatles and how everyone just loved them and so on. It would be great to see Tool have an album like Dark Side of the Moon, in that it stayed in the charts for years because so many people appreciated it...

I know Tool won't get anywhere near the bands I have mentioned above but it just pisses me off when I see far less-talented bands making more money, selling more albums and receiving more recognition than great bands like Tool.

I couldn't agree more...well said.

Bogart
03-24-2006, 10:25 AM
fuck preordering.....i'm getting mine at a midnight sale.
Thats what I plan on doing.....fuck preordering

orange.juice
03-24-2006, 10:42 AM
yay pre release party :D

TurdEye13
03-24-2006, 11:38 AM
wait for the single, then those numbers will jump

tedium
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
When I've preordered CDs on amazon I've always gotten them at least a day early, occasionally two days early, never later than one day early though.

To answer someone elses question, all of these pre-sales will count towards the first day of sale on the billboard charts, ad I know I'd love to see them hit #1 their first day out.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-24-2006, 11:41 AM
How does pre-release sales affect the charts? Would all these pre-release sales hurt the band when the release is actually made or does it carry over, or what?

I believe it does carry over so it will be just like all of these people had purchased this at the record store the week of the release.

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
When I've preordered CDs on amazon I've always gotten them at least a day early, occasionally two days early, never later than one day early though.

Packages always take an extra day for me at school so I'll just get it at Best Buy morning of. Or Meijer at midnight if they have it.

StoneyB
03-24-2006, 02:29 PM
I work at best buy. we get shipments a week before hitting the floor so we can price and prep. I doubt I'll buy it a week early though.

Xariable
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Maybe not next week, but maybe the first week when it is released. I hope they hit #1.

Agreed. I hope they hit number one and stay there for a looooooong time. It'd serve those bastard fucks who lip-sync and model, but they call it
'music', for a living. Fuck Hawthorne Heights' "saving Rock" bullshit. I can't wait for the Tool fans to dump all over that bullshit with album sales.

And you ask, "but how do you really feel man?"

hi8is
03-24-2006, 02:34 PM
"tool is getting popular" - how many copies has lateralus sold? aenima? even fucking undertow to this date is multi-platinum.... i think lateralus sold over 550K in its first WEEK.... thats popular.... the last US tour for laterlaus was an arena tour....

yeah, their not popular... im a hardcore OGT.... i hope they dont sell out.... blah.

just simulacra
03-24-2006, 02:36 PM
I work at best buy. we get shipments a week before hitting the floor so we can price and prep. I doubt I'll buy it a week early though.

That's really not how it works.
You get them on the media shuttle twice a week ... right? Monday nights and Wednesday nights?
Products aren't shipped the week before their street date.

KJM
03-24-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised by the sales. They are, have been, and will continue to be popular.

StoneyB
03-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Tool are popular, yes. Will they sell out, musically ? No. They would never. An 18 minute long song doesn't exactly scream "sellout." Or a 7 minute single.

KJM
03-24-2006, 02:38 PM
I wish everyone would stop acting like they're in the band, or have some emotional/I don't even know what-stake in the band.

StoneyB
03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
No, we don't get the cd an ENTIRE week before hand, but definitely earlier than most people do.

Xariable
03-24-2006, 02:40 PM

That is a bad aspect of a very good thing for Tool, a bunch of trendy fans moshing, devil signs, etc. However, the overall benefit to the music industry will hopefully make it worth the while. Hopefully, other bands and labels get it right instead of creating Tool knock-offs. Oh well . .

Xariable
03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
I wish everyone would stop acting like they're in the band, or have some emotional/I don't even know what-stake in the band.

I have an personal investment in the music industry. If more original bands (i.e. Tool, King Crimson, Pearl Jam, etc.) could become respected for their originality then perhaps new original bands would get a break. As it stands today, if you're a local band and don't sound like Linkin Fuckin Park you're generally assed-out. Tool has joined other contemporary original rock bands in opening up the playing field.

Wretched
03-24-2006, 03:31 PM
I am pleased with this. I have every intention of buying the CD in the store, but it is great to see that Tool are making a strong come back.

I always knew thier way of marketing (IE: acting like they aren't marketing), works really well. People are more curious, word of mouth gets out, and people go; "Hmm... I gotta get this CD." Tool has always done it this way, and I think it works a lot better.

It is good to see them have success in a world of shitbands and corporate gang rapes.

P.S. My girlfriend bought me a Tool shirt, and I am pleased.

KJM
03-24-2006, 03:33 PM
I have an personal investment in the music industry. If more original bands (i.e. Tool, King Crimson, Pearl Jam, etc.) could become respected for their originality then perhaps new original bands would get a break. As it stands today, if you're a local band and don't sound like Linkin Fuckin Park you're generally assed-out. Tool has joined other contemporary original rock bands in opening up the playing field.

And what's the deal with people quoting and giving responses that don't deal with what I'm talking about. I never said anything about the industry.

dissonance19
03-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I preordered it (which is a first for me) but canceled it cuz it said estimated time would be by May 4th (and I chose 2 day shipping). I know it doesn't mean I'll get it May 4th but it sounds like I won't get it May 2nd. And I wrote them and asked why can't they send it out couple of days before so I can get it May 2nd. They said latest they can send it out is May 1st.

What's the point of a preordering if you're not gonna get it the day of at least? I know some said they get it earlier sometimes. But I'd rather just go buy it and not risk getting it after May 2nd.

Loveboat Captain
03-24-2006, 04:16 PM
I played Tool twice on my college radio station...Doesnt mean shit, but it musta been quite cool for others to hear Tool on the radio.

intoaneye
03-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Pearl Jam was slowly revealing their new album slowly being ripped open from some brown paper..... the album cover is of an avocado... WTF.... (avocados are one of the most healthiest fruits though i eat them all the time)

KJM
03-24-2006, 04:41 PM
It's only worth preordering when you can do it with the record company. When I preorder from relapse I get things early.

I played Tool twice on my college radio station...Doesnt mean shit, but it musta been quite cool for others to hear Tool on the radio.

seriously I have to know, where are people living that tool never gets played on their radio stations?

middle of the US? outside the US?

mike09
03-24-2006, 04:53 PM
seriously I have to know, where are people living that tool never gets played on their radio stations?

middle of the US? outside the US?

I live in NY and for the most part, the only Tool song I hear on the radio, since KROQ doesn't exist anymore, is "Sober." Occasionally, I hear "Schism."

KJM
03-24-2006, 05:08 PM
that is so weird to me. I heard them all the time when I listened to the radio.

prison sex
sober
stinkfist
eulogy
h
46&2
aenima
salival pushit
no quarter
schism
parbola
lateralus

a lot of the time uncut

Nemesis
03-24-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't know why anyone is surprised by the sales. They are, have been, and will continue to be popular.

They are very popular, like i've mentioned before, Tool holds the record in Melbourne, Australia for the fastest concert sellout at Rod Laver Arena.

Chancelor
03-24-2006, 06:50 PM
wow KJM, they play salival pushit uncut? i wish i lived where you do. i live in montana and we hear schism and MAYBE lateralus. thats it, and they are very rare.

Archetypically
03-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Why don't y'all buy it at a store? Won't you get it later than everybody else cuz they have to ship it?

KJM
03-24-2006, 06:56 PM
wow KJM, they play salival pushit uncut? i wish i lived where you do. i live in montana and we hear schism and MAYBE lateralus. thats it, and they are very rare.

I don't listen to the radio here, but when I lived in massachusetts I heard it a couple time

Natalie Portman
03-24-2006, 07:25 PM
I live in NY and for the most part, the only Tool song I hear on the radio, since KROQ doesn't exist anymore, is "Sober." Occasionally, I hear "Schism."
They play a ton of TOOL here in OKC. The local DJ Jake Daniels is a huge TOOL fan. If you remember, he was posted here on TDN as the first person to play Schism on the radio early, and he got some nasty fax from TOOL's lawyers. He was also the DJ (again credited on TDN) that announced the new single would hit on 4/17 this year. They actually have a "totally tool" tuesday where they play nothing but tool every night for an hour... uncut and badass.

mike09
03-24-2006, 07:31 PM
They play a ton of TOOL here in OKC. The local DJ Jake Daniels is a huge TOOL fan. If you remember, he was posted here on TDN as the first person to play Schism on the radio early, and he got some nasty fax from TOOL's lawyers. He was also the DJ (again credited on TDN) that announced the new single would hit on 4/17 this year. They actually have a "totally tool" tuesday where they play nothing but tool every night for an hour... uncut and badass.

One of our stations has a House of Hair monday. All hair metal, all the time. :/

KJM
03-24-2006, 07:38 PM
yea I had a tool time where I lived

Xariable
03-24-2006, 08:52 PM
And what's the deal with people quoting and giving responses that don't deal with what I'm talking about. I never said anything about the industry.

I'll make it unmistakeably clear. My interest, and any other original band's interest, in the industry necessitates an interest in the success of an original band like Tool. Get it now?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-24-2006, 09:04 PM

I live in Pennsylvania and I'd be lucky to hear Schism and that's about it. They will play it upon request, however.

TenSpeed
03-24-2006, 09:06 PM
I live in Pennsylvania and I'd be lucky to hear Schism and that's about it. They will play it upon request, however.

HiPp_1
03-24-2006, 09:44 PM
It seems like TOOL is played alot more out west. I listen to the radio 8hrs a day at work and will hear a TOOL song about 1 once every 3 weeks. Funny, they cram in the Coldplay though. Atlanta radio sucks.

KJM
03-25-2006, 01:24 AM
I'll make it unmistakeably clear. My interest, and any other original band's interest, in the industry necessitates an interest in the success of an original band like Tool. Get it now?

That's nice, it still has nothing to do with what I said though. I don't like people using what I say to promote something that has nothing to do with what *I* said.

It's a bit annoying.

Snakedragon
03-25-2006, 03:15 AM
i do hope this album gets to #1 and stays there. Tool have been working their asses off for the last 10-15 years creating brilliant music, and they deserve to be successful, for their effort. Lateralus was absolutely perfect, and it was probably well worth the 5 year wait, and it raised the bar for their music, even though aenima raised it extremely high. We all know that Maynard will say FUCK YOU to the people who want tool to create 'popular' music, becuase he writes what he wants. Correction, Tool write what they WANT, and they wouldnt sacrifice their music for populatity. Their music is an art, and even though their music probably has evolved, i hope it will be a groundbreaking album, with all the hype around it on all of the Tool websites, and forums. Tool's thing that they have going on (keeping the album info hush hush) has been keeping all their fans on the edge of their seats waiting for more information. When's the last time a pop band did that? They release half assed albums three times a year, and Tool will NEVER do that. They are like Grotsch- They'll only give it to you when it's perfect :)

Rubb.
03-25-2006, 04:15 AM
prison sex
sober
stinkfist
eulogy
h
46&2
aenima
salival pushit
no quarter
schism
parbola
lateralus

a lot of the time uncut

Add Hooker with a Penis and Ticks and Leeches to that list.

orange.juice
03-25-2006, 04:31 AM
it's back at #9...

Snakedragon
03-25-2006, 08:18 AM
i hope it gets to no 1 when it's released

Tool deserve that at least

ATARI
03-25-2006, 08:23 AM
It seems like TOOL is played alot more out west. I listen to the radio 8hrs a day at work and will hear a TOOL song about 1 once every 3 weeks. Funny, they cram in the Coldplay though. Atlanta radio sucks.

Tool are a more "west-coast" kind of band.

dracomordag
03-25-2006, 09:01 AM

LOL BUT DIDNT THEY RITE A SONG ABOUT FUCKING L.A.???!??!?!

ATARI
03-25-2006, 09:01 AM
LOL BUT DIDNT THEY RITE A SONG ABOUT FUCKING L.A.???!??!?!

OMG U RITTTE

IT SHOULD VE BEEN LIK

SEE YOU DON IN MIAMA BAAY

dracomordag
03-25-2006, 09:04 AM
OMG U RITTTE

IT SHOULD VE BEEN LIK

SEE YOU DON IN MIAMA BAAY

BUT ISN'T MIAMA ALREADY NEAR THE GULF?

C'M0N GUYZ, MIRITE?

ATARI
03-25-2006, 10:08 AM
LOL LOKS LIK I NEED 2 LEERN HHOW TU SWWIM

insaner
03-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Atlanta radio sucks.

yes. yes it does.

submachine
03-25-2006, 11:08 AM

that makes "east-coast" kind of music.

ATARI
03-25-2006, 11:16 AM
that makes "east-coast" kind of music.

you fail at life

orange.juice
03-25-2006, 11:16 AM
hm, i wonder if their album will stay that high in the sales rankings. I think this depends on in which interval they calculate the sales. I can imgaine there is a presale boost now, after they made it available for pre order, but it will drop in the next days or weeks. Or not, which would be awesome.
oh look orange.juice, it dropped to #11.

i'm talking to myself, damn that's sad.

ATARI
03-25-2006, 11:17 AM
East coast music is like Collective Soul and Fuel. all poppy and sappy/happy

ATARI
03-25-2006, 11:19 AM
oh look orange.juice, it dropped to #11.

i'm talking to myself, damn that's sad.

just wait
i'll be pre-ordering it soon from there (I'm not going to be able to get it at midnigth sale or anything. No car)

orange.juice
03-25-2006, 11:24 AM
oh fuck

it's #44 on german amazon.
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EULJLU/qid=1143200194/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/028-1784608-5570949

not just on music, but overall. That's... unexpected.

KJM
03-25-2006, 11:29 AM
all that damn poppy happy music coming out of new york. they've been doing it forever, damn those kids.

ATARI
03-25-2006, 11:35 AM
If anyplace needs to be flooded, it's NY.

ATARI
03-25-2006, 11:36 AM
oh fuck

it's #44 on german amazon.
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EULJLU/qid=1143200194/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/028-1784608-5570949

not just on music, but overall. That's... unexpected.

They must really like those german cookies

Metalgod666
03-25-2006, 11:36 AM
looks like another winner for Tool

ATARI
03-25-2006, 11:41 AM
looks like another weiner for Tool

yes

UnholyBelligerence
03-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Go to a record store. Better experience, anyway.

Yeah I agree,

theres something not right about just waking up, opening the post, and oh, hey, new Tool album. You should go to a record store miles away, prolonging the wait to listen to it (taking a cd player with you is cheating).

Also, its on Amozon.co.uk now, changed from TBD to 10,000 Days.

pris0n
03-25-2006, 11:50 AM

Here in san diego throughout a day of work I hear a tool song probably every 4 hours on at least 2 different stations. And different songs at that, yesterday they even played H and Eulogy back to back!

I guess the radio here just kicks ass.

submachine
03-25-2006, 02:20 PM
you fail at life

lol. too late, stupid.

West coast is shallow hippie bullshit.

East coast is dark and evil.

KJM
03-25-2006, 02:47 PM
lolzugawthimgewd

something_Dark
03-25-2006, 03:39 PM
This album has got to be one the most anticapated albums ever! I know people that arent even really Fans of Tool at all and then are even curious.

Loveboat Captain
03-25-2006, 03:40 PM
who cares where they position? It wont last.

KJM
03-25-2006, 03:44 PM
This album has got to be one the most anticapated albums ever! I know people that arent even really Fans of Tool at all and then are even curious.

wow, but it's not! lol

Wretched
03-25-2006, 07:19 PM
ah-with-ah-teeth-uh

ATARI
03-25-2006, 07:34 PM
lol. too late, stupid.

West coast is shallow hippie bullshit.

East coast is dark and evil.

east coast is full of emo ***s. Believe me. I know.

KJM
03-25-2006, 08:00 PM

Having lived on both the east (my entire life, new england) and west coast. I like the east a lot more for the most part.

Sol Invictus
03-25-2006, 08:55 PM
atari is a terrorist, he said flood NY.

submachine
03-25-2006, 09:19 PM

LOL

emo ****s and "The OC" go hand in gay hand.

KJM
03-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Apparently the east coast does have one thing the west doesn't...submachine. So unfortunately it looks like the west coast wins this one.

dracomordag
03-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Apparently the east coast does have one thing the west doesn't...submachine. So unfortunately it looks like the west coast wins this one.

beat me to it

submachine
03-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Apparently the east coast does have one thing the west doesn't....

NYC

You lose :D

MasterOfKtulu109
03-26-2006, 09:56 PM

probably 2 or 3 days after release.

that's why i don't preorder. just go to a best buy or circuit city and get it on the day of release. it's more fun to pick it up and have it in your hand at the store than to have it sent to u (plus, there's the damage factor you have to worry about when it's mailed).

dracomordag
03-26-2006, 10:12 PM
probably 1 or 2 days before release.

fixed

orange.juice
03-27-2006, 01:50 AM
OMG it's number 29 on amazon.de now.

phreak03
03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
are people actually preordering the album on amazon? it's gonna take so long to get it. i'm just gonna wait till the album comes out and get it from the store

Andorion
03-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Why aren't the track names on Amazon?

phreak03
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM
canadian amazon has it now too, it's ranked 51 right now

The Official Fiction
03-28-2006, 10:32 PM
current amazon.com rank #9

immyowndamngod
03-29-2006, 12:37 AM
#8..... movin up! :)

blair's man sausage
03-29-2006, 12:48 PM

i played 3rd eye and the less radio friendly songs as dj of my college station...

wGMU

Go Mason....NCAA 2006 National Champions!!!

Nebel
04-02-2006, 05:47 AM
It's number 5 now.

orange.juice
04-02-2006, 06:28 AM
^ cool.

it dropped to 39 on german amazon. :(

phreak03
04-15-2006, 08:03 PM
They're at #2 now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EULJLU/sr=8-1/qid=1145159985/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-4404732-7927107?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Goldfoot
04-15-2006, 08:08 PM
And people think they needed more promotional time for this album.

TenSpeed
04-15-2006, 08:13 PM
They're at #2 now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EULJLU/sr=8-1/qid=1145159985/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-4404732-7927107?%5Fencoding=UTF8
DAMN. Good music at the (almost) top. Wow.
I preordered from amazon last night.

Xariable
04-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Original Post by JKM
"I wish everyone would stop acting like they're in the band, or have some emotional/I don't even know what-stake in the band."

Me: I'll make it unmistakeably clear. My interest, and any other original band's interest, in the industry necessitates an interest in the success of an original band like Tool. Get it now?

That's nice, it still has nothing to do with what I said though. I don't like people using what I say to promote something that has nothing to do with what *I* said.

It's a bit annoying.

Are you asleep?

chonus
04-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Tool has officially made it to #1 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/music/all/ref=pd_dp_ts_m_1/102-8050930-9596940

sweet.

Hman
04-17-2006, 04:29 PM
This may be a dumb question but uh. I pre-ordered 10,000 Days on Amazon about a week ago, and I've never pre-ordered any other album before from anywhere, so I'm wondering... Will I be actually getting my copy on May 2nd, or will it ship out on May 2nd?

slicknickshady
04-17-2006, 04:30 PM
it will ship out probably april 30th.

Hman
04-17-2006, 04:32 PM
I hope so. Thanks.

orange.juice
04-17-2006, 04:42 PM
number 12 in Gerrrmany.

TenSpeed
04-17-2006, 04:47 PM
#2 in the US.

chonus
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
#1 in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/music/all/ref=pd_dp_ts_m_1/102-8050930-9596940

TOOL_Rules
04-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Seems that the release of Vicarious to the radio stations today caused a windfall of pre-ordering 10000 days as it has finally pushed past that #2 spot to be #1. Hallelujah!! Like there's anything else out there better worth ordering or pre-ordering. I hope it ships platinum!! Just like Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door back in 1979. More people are going to learn about TOOL this year than ever before. Go on, boys, rock the world!!!!!!

Fritz
04-17-2006, 06:22 PM
#1 in the US.

wooooooo

fuck you james blunt! :D

edit:

and you too dixie chicks!

mattw
04-17-2006, 06:24 PM
#1 in the US.

Awesome!

Pearl Jam at #23 as well.

I hope Tool absolutely dominate with this new record! I hope it sells 700,000 in the first week, eclipsing Lateralus' 550,000 sales in its first week...

#1 in the U.S. That's awesome! And it's not even out yet...