PDA

View Full Version : Aldaraia, 10,000 Days, and what to believe...

Pages : [1] 2

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:39 PM
I posted this in the thread that gave a link to a picture of a CD and an email saying that Aldaraia is going to release with 10,000 Days... 10,000 Days being the live DVD and Aldaraia being the new album

So heres why I'm going to believe in this rumor:
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS
Heres a list of facts:
1. Aldaraia and its tracklist were released in mid-February.

2. They included the (now confirmed) release date of May 2nd. If you remember back to a month or two ago, we were all scrambling with release dates between mid-April and the end of this year. To pinpoint May 2nd so exactly would have been a very nice guess.

3. The Aldaraia tracklisting had 11 songs (if my memory is correct). The current Toolband tracklisting also has 11 songs.

4. The tracklisting for Aldaraia included a song "23", which is now on the current Toolband tracklisting (albeit in a different language). There is NO. FUCKING. WAY. that that is a coincidence. None. With only 11 tracks, and a huge array of words to choose from, that statistically cannot happen. Period.

5. The current artwork on Toolband is obviously an Alex Grey piece, very similar to a backdrop used on the Lateralus tour. We all seem to agree that Tool choosing something so similar in style for their new album's artwork is unlikely (if you don't, then you're probably crossing your fingers for Lateralus II, which the band and Blair have both said is not going to happen).

6. "The Pot".

7. We know Tool's last 6 Lateralus tour shows were recording with the idea in mind that they would eventually release them all on a live DVD.

8. We have heard nothing at all about the new DVD for over 4 months from Blair. Even with the new album in the works, I find it unlikely that he would just 'forget' entirely about it. No mention in the last few newsletters, no updates refering to it. Nothing. Even though we're talking about Blair, it still seems off. For a while there, he would mention it every few weeks just to let us know it was still in the works.

9. If you look at the picture of the CD in the original post in this thread, you'll notice that the inner circle of the CD is pressed. Its not just a sticker or whatever put on there. Which means that that is a real CD (or someone has access to a pressing machine). Not saying that that means its a Tool CD, just saying that it is a CD. I don't recognize it. It rules.

10. Although debatable, many people here think that Adam has the word "The Thorn" written on his hand in a few of the promo pics we've seen. Those were taken (I believe) in late summer of last year.

11. Those pictures are gone from their original site. No explaination as to why, and Blair NEVER ONCE mentioned their existence. Why, after they obviously leaked out and everybody is talking about them (and probably emailing Blair) would he not even mention them?

And something everyone seems to be forgetting:
12. Tool specifically said that they were going to take steps to prevent leaks. I have seen no obvious steps thus far, and yet nothing has leaked yet. Its only a few weeks away until release, and we haven't seen any leaks yet. That is pretty unusual... most albums leak around a month before release... some go as far as two months. So why is this happening?

And something to think about: Doesn't the title "10,000 Days" lend itself far more to a live DVD than an album?

I'm not going to try to defend the fact that that CD is in a black-backed CD case. Theres a few good reasons I can think of as to why it would be like that. I'm also not going to go into how easy it would be for Tool to leak Aldaraia months ago in order to squash 'rumors' early. And I'm definately not going to try to explain why people seem to be believing everything Blair is saying all of a sudden, when he has never been very trustworthy in the first place.

Its been my theory that Tool were up to something exactly like what the threadstarted described, and as far as I'm concerned, all the evidence points towards something like this happening. I seriously hope its true...

bluefire
03-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi I'm Bluefire, and I support this message.

Hodge
03-23-2006, 10:44 PM
why would they release a dvd with a cd? they have pretty good marketing skills (i.e: release parabola/schism as seperate dvds)

gl0tch
A-fucking-men.

Ocelot and gl0tch will be having a rim-job-from-the-majority-of-TDN party on May 2nd. You're all invited.

(As for the argument that the guy who made it up admitted it, that makes absolutely no sense. Anyone could have said they made it up without proof. Did they provide their notes from like December or January to convince your otherwise?

Seriously, what if I had said I made it up? There's no difference. C'mon.)

spiralout987
i remember reading somewhere that justin said they were also hard at work on the dvd...

and remember, blair never ruled out the ELEPHTHERIA possible title in that one post a few weeks ago...

new millenium cyanide christ
03-23-2006, 10:45 PM
::shrugs::

speculation is almost meaningless at this point until we all have either cds/dvds in our hands, locked onto our eyeballs.

bluefire
03-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Yes, it seems weird that blair would address aldaraia by name, and give reasons why its not real. I don't recall that happening for any other fake list.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Still, Aldaraia was a hoax. Admitted by the dude who made it up.
There are plenty of reasons why someone might have said that. It could have been someone directly related to Tool, for all we know. If I remember correctly, the guy who posted Aldaraia on that forum had only posted a few other times... meaning he wasn't a regular there.

why would they release a dvd with a cd? they have pretty good marketing skills (i.e: release parabola/schism as seperate dvds)
Perhaps they'll release on the same day, but as seperate packages? Or perhaps you can opt to only by the CD, or you can get the CD with the DVD? I've seen other bands do that before. Its not too uncommon.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 10:48 PM
SERIOUSLY, thank you for this post.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:48 PM
i remember reading somewhere that justin said they were also hard at work on the dvd...

and remember, blair never ruled out the ELEPHTHERIA possible title in that one post a few weeks ago...
Another point I totally forgot to metion:

WHY DID BLAIR SPECIFICALLY CALL OUT ALDARAIA AS A FAKE?
Of all of the random rumored titles and tracklistings floating around, WHY Aldaraia? And why call it out at all? Why not let it float around without confirmation? Isn't that what the band wanted: fake information traveling around to prevent leaks?

NoD
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Does anyone have a link to the confirmation by that guy who said he did in fact make up Aladaria? Was it someone from tdn?

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM
It was on a different message board. I think Goldfoot is a regular there... ask him.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 10:52 PM
It doesnt matter if someone claimed Aldaria as a fake. Anyone could have done so.

bluefire
03-23-2006, 10:52 PM
I think the last point ocelot made was the best...they haven't taken any mesures to prevent leaks...in fact they've helped them by releasing album title, tracks, and art. Somethings fucking fishy about that.

NoD
03-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Another point I totally forgot to metion:

WHY DID BLAIR SPECIFICALLY CALL OUT ALDARAIA AS A FAKE?
Of all of the random rumored titles and tracklistings floating around, WHY Aldaraia? And why call it out at all? Why not let it float around without confirmation? Isn't that what the band wanted: fake information traveling around to prevent leaks?

In all fairness, Blair also specifically mentioned Teleincision....and although it's very obvious, it's stunned me that no one brought up the fact blair actually confused Aldaraia with another tracklist:

Finally, about the “Aldaraia” document that has been circulating on the internet as of late: It is obviously a hoax, and, in my opinion, not a particularly good one. Even a cursory glance at the contents reveals several tell-tale signs that it’s a complete fraud (not including the questionable date formatting). For instance, why would the band’s P.O. Box address be blacked out? It would appear that the perpetrators of the hoax were attempting to make the letter appear more authentic by adding this little touch, but, as it was completely unnecessary to do so, it only betrays it being a genuine 'document.' Also, I don’t think anyone in the band would add an ‘n’ to the ‘Enochian’ word “Aldaraia!”

Blair got it confused with the forged letter with all the dorky names like Hyparxis and Inertia with the blacked out po box...

Scrunzset
03-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Very interesting Ocelot, it'll give me a lot to think about.

Alright, I'm gonna take some very selfish credit here.... when the album mini art came out and it was announced on the TDN boards, I was the one who suggested (rather, hoped) that it was the live DVD art. I'm glad it's catching on. =D

Oh, come on... I just signed up here days ago and I've actually contributed SOME sort of idea already! lol

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
In all fairness, Blair also specifically mentioned Teleincision....and although it's very obvious, it's stunned me that no one brought up the fact blair actually confused Aldaraia with another tracklist:

Blair got it confused with the forged letter with all the dorky names like Hyparxis and Inertia with the blacked out po box...
That is kind of strange...

Not sure what to make of that, honestly. Maybe him trying to confuse us, or something?

Very interesting Ocelot, it'll give me a lot to think about.

Alright, I'm gonna take some very selfish credit here.... when the album mini art came out and it was announced on the TDN boards, I was the one who suggested (rather, hoped) that it was the live DVD art. I'm glad it's catching on. =D

Oh, come on... I just signed up here days ago and I've actually contributed SOME sort of idea already! lol
Haha, I came up with it on my own as well. I made a thread about it, too. Its the only thing that makes any sense... Tool just wouldn't reuse old artwork for their new album...

Scrunzset
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Doesn't the title "10,000 Days" lend itself far more to a live DVD than an album?

Yes, definitely it does.

Scrunzset
03-23-2006, 10:58 PM
That is kind of strange...

Not sure what to make of that, honestly. Maybe him trying to confuse us, or something?

Haha, I came up with it on my own as well. I made a thread about it, too. Its the only thing that makes any sense... Tool just wouldn't reuse old artwork for their new album...

Lol, awesome. I was at one of the last shows so I've been having a boner for almost 4 years waiting for this DVD... let's hope it's out soon!

One of the first things I thought of (dreaming about it) was that there are different angle tracks... and one of those tracks would be what was happening on the vid screens they had. Hope they do that.

ARMZ
03-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Does anyone have a link to the confirmation by that guy who said he did in fact make up Aladaria? Was it someone from tdn?
http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=108026

Hodge
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
1. Aldaraia and its tracklist were released in mid-February.

2. They included the (now confirmed) release date of May 2nd. If you remember back to a month or two ago, we were all scrambling with release dates between mid-April and the end of this year. To pinpoint May 2nd so exactly would have been a very nice guess.

Blair posted Feruary 3rd that the CD would be released in May and hopefully earlier in the month. It was a fairly logical guess

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Blair posted Feruary 3rd that the CD would be released in May and hopefully earlier in the month. It was a fairly logical guess

still to guess date+track list # dead on is pretty lucky.

dissonance19
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
heres the tracklisting. anyone interested

Aldaraia

1) The Thorn
2) Annuled
3) Visceral
4) The Lucid
5) 23
6) Permute
7) The Median
8 ) Aldaraian
9) Mandalic
10) The Ascent
11) Laiad Kayenth

also wanted to say, didn't someone who went to listening party say, " the last song on the cd was the best Tool song ever?" On Andy's review it was supposed to be a a segue or out track. not a song. Not sure if that is anything.

But I don't know anymore, what is what. I'm fine with either name though

pris0n
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
I just read this whole thread and then read all the links posted in this thread and now my head hurts. I just feel like not coming back to this place for a month, it shouldn't be too hard I don't think.

Hodge
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
we still don't know for certain that the toolband.com tracklisting is 100% real. we have yet to see any legit artwork from the printers yet

and besides, click on the forum above, aldaraia was made up as a joke

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:06 PM
I can't stress enough how easy it is to claim something is real or fake online. For all we know, that Maynard guy from Goldfoot's forum is playing everybody. Adam spends a lot of time on his Myspace... why is it such a stretch that something like this might happen?

Another interesting point: Why hasn't the artwork leaked yet? Blair's post was the first thing we've seen that was 'definately' going to be part of the new album art. He specifically said that the artwork was going to leak, and as a result told us the name of the album (and then the tracklisting), to "avoid confusion".

So wheres the fucking artwork?
http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=107723&highlight=aldaraia
God, I hate looking at all that bullshit trying to find the actual posts. It gives me a headache.

NoD
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM

Thanks...

Ok wait a minute....I read that entire thread, and my Bullshit detector went off the chart. I honestly don't think this "Maynard" poster made up the list AT FUCKING ALL.

First he says:

Suddenly i had created a song about secret air force bases

There's no such song that eludes to that, it was only mentioned here on TDN when someone said they hoped Laiad Kayenth was about secret air force bases. And then he says: And this is the BIGGEST BULLSHIT I've read in a while:

I checked the Enochian Dictionary for Laiad

Kayeth was a word i made up :-) That was my worst ones honestly

This is complete fucking horseshit. First of all, it was Kayenth (he fucking spelled it wrong), and NO FUCKING WAY he coincedentally made up the one word that's connected to the area EXACTLY at Four Corners, where the Temple of Isis is supposedly located in the Grand Canyone....

....Something is up..........

flipmojo
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
This thread is just a big attempt to dredge up some controversy over old news. I could probably spend hours pointing out all the biased things, but why the hell would I want to do that? It has already been done a thousand times already.

Aldaraia is not the name of the new album. Some people just love to create controversy. The album is called '10,000 Days'. It is coming out May 2nd.

Now, if you want to talk about something interesting and less annoying, how about that first single? We should be getting that any day now. Do you think Blair will let everyone know which song it will be, and when it will be played on the radio next week? I sure hope so.

dissonance19
03-23-2006, 11:09 PM
I can't stress enough how easy it is to claim something is real or fake online. For all we know, that Maynard guy from Goldfoot's forum is playing everybody. Adam spends a lot of time on his Myspace... why is it such a stretch that something like this might happen?

Another interesting point: Why hasn't the artwork leaked yet? Blair's post was the first thing we've seen that was 'definately' going to be part of the new album art. He specifically said that the artwork was going to leak, and as a result told us the name of the album (and then the tracklisting), to "avoid confusion".

God, I hate looking at all that bullshit trying to find the actual posts. It gives me a headache.

actually, he said the NAME would leak not the artwork

"03 Mar 06

JUST IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED...
The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10,000 days '

... so there it is. "

NoD
03-23-2006, 11:10 PM

trust me, i know for a fucking FACT that Maynard poster didn't make up the tracklisting to Aladaira, not after what he said about 'Kayenth'.

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:12 PM
trust me, i know for a fucking FACT that Maynard poster didn't make up the tracklisting to Aladaira, not after what he said about 'Kayenth'.

yes thats an awesome point.

Hodge
03-23-2006, 11:13 PM

then find me where the rumor originated

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:14 PM
This thread is just a big attempt to dredge up some controversy over old news. I could probably spend hours pointing out all the biased things, but why the hell would I want to do that? It has already been done a thousand times already.

Aldaraia is not the name of the new album. Some people just love to create controversy. The album is called '10,000 Days'. It is coming out May 2nd.

Now, if you want to talk about something interesting and less annoying, how about that first single? We should be getting that any day now. Do you think Blair will let everyone know which song it will be, and when it will be played on the radio next week? I sure hope so.
I think I speak for pretty much everybody on this forum when I say:
SHUT THE HOLY GODDAMN FUCK UP.
If you're going to troll and add absolutely nothing useful to the discussion, while pretending like you know more than anybody else, just fuck yourself. Get the fuck out of my thread.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks Oce.. you're backing what I originally posted... not specifically about Aldaraia, but I alluded to it several times...

I've ALWAYS thought that Aldaraia was more real than we are all giving it credit for...

Take a good look at my thread, and see if I don't allude to Aldaraia more than once.

I sure hope I get some credit if it turns out I was right. I'll know I'll give props to you Oce. :)

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:15 PM
If you're going to troll and add absolutely nothing useful to the discussion, while pretending like you know more than anybody else, just fuck yourself. Get the fuck out of my thread.

Yeah I dealt with someone similar to this named c h a m p i o n...

Its disheartening isnt it?

NoD
03-23-2006, 11:16 PM
NoD, where is Retrogression? Fake? Har Har Har.

He made it up.
and it worked

yes it did

There is no aldaraia
there is only 10,000 Days

121+1

then find me where the rumor originated

The rumor originated at the smn boards with that one guy who said he got handed a card by Danny wiht the trax, title, and date. Whether he was lying or "in" on the hoax, one thing I'm certain of is that "Maynard" didn't make it up.

Who knows, the band might even be fucking with Blair too.....

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks...

Ok wait a minute....I read that entire thread, and my Bullshit detector went off the chart. I honestly don't think this "Maynard" poster made up the list AT FUCKING ALL.

First he says:

There's no such song that eludes to that, it was only mentioned here on TDN when someone said they hoped Laiad Kayenth was about secret air force bases. And then he says: And this is the BIGGEST BULLSHIT I've read in a while:

This is complete fucking horseshit. First of all, it was Kayenth (he fucking spelled it wrong), and NO FUCKING WAY he coincedentally made up the one word that's connected to the area EXACTLY at Four Corners, where the Temple of Isis is supposedly located in the Grand Canyone....

Dude, you're right... wtf?

Good sleuthing, my friend. Something is definately up with that.
actually, he said the NAME would leak not the artwork

"03 Mar 06

JUST IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED...
The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10,000 days '

... so there it is. "
Hmm....

Even so, you'd expect someone working on the printing line to snag on and post it all over the internet, wouldn't you? That was almost a month ago now, and we haven't seen anything that is undeniably the new album art... that just seems weird to me.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Look.. Im going to delve into the past a bit and find a thread I ade about Aldaraia and HOW IT PERFECTLY FUCKING MATCHES EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN DESCRIBED SO FAR..
Give me 5 minutes.

Hodge
03-23-2006, 11:18 PM
maybe there's an 'embargo' on the printing company as well, i mean everything has been secretive so far, it's reasonable to expect the same for the artwork as well

dissonance19
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Dude, you're right... wtf?

Good sleuthing, my friend. Something is definately up with that.

Hmm....

Even so, you'd expect someone working on the printing line to snag on and post it all over the internet, wouldn't you? That was almost a month ago now, and we haven't seen anything that is undeniably the new album art... that just seems weird to me.

yeah, or at least a confirmation that it is the name from some other source outside not connected to the band. but yeah, I agree that's weird.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Ocelot, if you make threads like these accept critisism otherwise you better stay away. Trolls will never dissapear.

Ease down.
You're on his side, and I'm listening to what you've got to say just fine. Hes just a troll, and I don't want him cluttering up this thread with his jackassery. He isn't adding to the conversation, just pushing his little beliefs like he knows for certain whats up, when he really doesn't. And that bothers me.

The rumor originated at the smn boards with that one guy who said he got handed a card by Danny wiht the trax, title, and date. Whether he was lying or "in" on the hoax, one thing I'm certain of is that "Maynard" didn't make it up.

Who knows, the band might even be fucking with Blair too.....
Now that we've established that he's lying, I've got a question to ask everyone:

Does anybody not think that my theory is at least plausable? That Tool really could pull this on us all in slightly more than a month? Even if you believe what Blair has said so far, isn't there at least a possibility that me, Nod and Systolic are right?

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
ME:
To the folks who said it sounded like Lateralus's titles..
I've said this 50 times already... This new album is supposed to be the SEQUEL to Lateralus.. I expect some similarity....

Amd about the M******.. Mandalic is 8 letters, starts with M... They never said that "LK" was dropped.. and theres no way to know that he is referring to the same thing as he was before.. you know how Blair is. I think this is the most plausible yet by far... kind of makes me anxious.

PS - I POSTED THIS BACK ON FEBRARY 19th!!

BLAIR:

(a curious bit of side phenomena, perhaps, but one that wasn't even worth mentioning in the transcript). What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M.

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Why else would tool be pissed at a review leaking. Descriptions of the songs don't help them leak. But they would make a fake list much less believable.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
There is always the (small) chance you are right, no doubt about that. If you are right credits you will get.

I want to rephrase: Aldaraian is something Tool would never do.

Aldaraia is more 'accepted' because it has a more Lateralus feel to the names. Blair states 10,000 Days (!) will be different.

how about Parabol/Parabola??

Parabol isnt a word..

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 11:24 PM
You're on his side, and I'm listening to what you've got to say just fine. Hes just a troll, and I don't want him cluttering up this thread with his jackassery. He isn't adding to the conversation, just pushing his little beliefs like he knows for certain whats up, when he really doesn't. And that bothers me.

Now that we've established that he's lying, I've got a question to ask everyone:

Does anybody not think that my theory is at least plausable? That Tool really could pull this on us all in slightly more than a month? Even if you believe what Blair has said so far, isn't there at least a possibility that me, Nod and Systolic are right?

AHEM! Ocelot, you have read my posts havent you? I'm one of the most hated people on here because of my saying this was all fake from the get go.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Translated from a german website... only website that google found with the word Kayenth

The airport Kayenth consists of a hard coating track without each buildings, lain next to a Highway intersection in the desert. A somewhat unaccustomed view compared to Europe. Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.

http://www.flugsport.ch/beitraege/Mexico/nmexico.htm

And if Laiad means secret..(as stated in my above link a few posts back), Kayenth is a hidden airport in New Mexico.. and Faaip De Oiad was the last track on Lateralus, which referred to aliens.. and theres a common tie between New mexico and aliens due to roswell...

booyah.

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:25 PM
There is always the (small) chance you are right, no doubt about that. If you are right credits you will get.

Aldaraia is more 'accepted' because it has a more Lateralus feel to the names. Blair states 10,000 Days (!) will be different.

different? it has identical artwork.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
M:
the planchetter bumped M Maynards legg. Title: For Marie.

Never it has been stated the new album will be a sequel to Lateralus. It will be something different.

However, I wouldn't mind a Lateralus sequel :) But something new would be cool as well.

Yes it has!

Let me find the link to that TOO....

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
different? it has identical artwork.

HA!

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:27 PM
M:
the planchetter bumped M Maynards legg. Title: For Marie.

Never it has been stated the new album will be a sequel to Lateralus. It will be something different.

However, I wouldn't mind a Lateralus sequel :) But something new would be cool as well.

marie isn't 8 letters
for marie doesn't start with M

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:28 PM
marie isn't 8 letters
for marie doesn't start with M

Seriously folks..

Think about it. Blair's inconsistencies, which I have already driven into the ground

Oh yeah, another side note - He STILL hasnt responded to my email... I piled up too much evidence against him, and he knows it.

dissonance19
03-23-2006, 11:29 PM
ME:
To the folks who said it sounded like Lateralus's titles..
I've said this 50 times already... This new album is supposed to be the SEQUEL to Lateralus.. I expect some similarity....

Amd about the M******.. Mandalic is 8 letters, starts with M... They never said that "LK" was dropped.. and theres no way to know that he is referring to the same thing as he was before.. you know how Blair is. I think this is the most plausible yet by far... kind of makes me anxious.

PS - I POSTED THIS BACK ON FEBRARY 19th!!

BLAIR:

(a curious bit of side phenomena, perhaps, but one that wasn't even worth mentioning in the transcript). What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M.

yeah, and remember I told you the word with 8 letters was the temporary working title not what it was changed to? :)

But he said the title that the dadaleous piece was changed to something with an M.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:29 PM

Same goes for you all... if your side is right, I'll be the first to admit how wrong I was. Doesn't mean its not a lot of fun to try to figure this stuff out right now, though :)

About Aldaraian.... I'm unclear as to why they wouldn't do that. AEnima was changed to AEnema for the track name, and neither of those are words (in any language). Why is it so far fetched that they should add an "n" the the album title to create a track?

Why else would tool be pissed at a review leaking. Descriptions of the songs don't help them leak. But they would make a fake list much less believable.
Exactly. The Andy King review lines up with both tracklistings without any descrepancy that I can see.

AHEM! Ocelot, you have read my posts havent you? I'm one of the most hated people on here because of my saying this was all fake from the get go.
Me too, and I've been flamed mercilessly for it. I hope we're right so we can lay back and bask in the glory of internet respect :)

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:30 PM
like any of us know shit about enochian language. If blair says you can't add a "n", we can't really challenge that, and I'm sure he knows that.

NoD
booyah.

good find...although the astrological egyptian connection to the temple of isis in the grand canyon is where they're going with it

;)

Boozy Eulogist
My reason for wanting to believe it...(based on NO fact)

The obvious jaw-dropping effects it would have on the entire fan community.

Deeper thoughts I do have...
________
I can tell you that it's not out of the question. I could be a jackass and post this in a new thread, but I'm too lazy to be that annoying.

I saw this idea of duel packaging in the Summer. After buying Magnetic Field's "69 Love Songs" at the other worldly Other Music, We were playing it in Micro CoSM and I was talking with Eli, (one of the Studio Directors...Blair's talked about him a few times) and the half joking idea of a Tool Box came up when looking at the 69 Love Songs Packaging.

This idea was proposed to Alex the next day and he loved it. He immediately dropped his day's painting plans and designed a "Tool Box". It was based off of a fresh painting of his that looks like a series of Egyptian Eyes in an Orange Field. The idea was that it could be packaged and sized in various shapes to contain any of the following:

-The Live DVD plus a recording of the ceremony seen here http://alexgrey.net/2l/20.jpg
-The New Album
-Lateralus
-The TOOL book

This idea was proposed to Adam Jones over the phone around August 10th. Adam was a big fan of the idea, and wanted to see what Alex was up to.

During this time Alex also designed a Menu interface with a splitting head that he felt could be used for the live DVD or purhapes a music video DVD. Sound Familiar? Sadly the version of this found in the Parabol/a is very rough and not as detailed as Alex's original idea. But this proves that Adam obviously enjoyed the idea.

Now that the new art is out, friend's working at CoSM have mentioned that he's been dropping some interesting hints about his heavier-than-we-think current involvement. He's also be working on "projects" at home, which is a rarity these days. This whole thing is so inside that even the CoSM family is gossiping!

So I'm hoping that this Box does get involved at some point, even if it's down the road and months after the album release.

Systolic
yeah, and remember I told you the word with 8 letters was the temporary working title not what it was changed to? :)

But he said the title that the dadaleous piece was changed to something with an M.

Yeah.. I know what you said, and thats cool, but my point is that nothing that Blair is saying is matching up, or else there would be no question as to what "M" refers to...

gl0tch
THIS THREAD RULES

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:31 PM
About Aldaraian.... I'm unclear as to why they wouldn't do that. AEnima was changed to AEnema for the track name, and neither of those are words (in any language). Why is it so far fetched that they should add an "n" the the album title to create a track?

Yeah and isnt ANIMA another word for God? Thats a "divine" thing...

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:31 PM
For Marie = 8 letters. Wings is part of the part issue. And why would the number of * indicate the number of letters?

Systollic, your mail was to long. He never bothered to read.

for marie DOESNT START WITH M.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:32 PM
For Marie = 8 letters. Wings is part of the part issue. And why would the number of * indicate the number of letters?

Systollic, your mail was to long. He never bothered to read.

But it s funny because I sent him an email EARLIER that day... that he never replied to either.. and that email asked about "The Thorn".....

So Im not convinced that this is true. I think we pegged him.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:32 PM

________
I can tell you that it's not out of the question. I could be a jackass and post this in a new thread, but I'm too lazy to be that annoying.

I saw this idea of duel packaging in the Summer. After buying Magnetic Field's "69 Love Songs" at the other worldly Other Music, We were playing it in Micro CoSM and I was talking with Eli, (one of the Studio Directors...Blair's talked about him a few times) and the half joking idea of a Tool Box came up when looking at the 69 Love Songs Packaging.

This idea was proposed to Alex the next day and he loved it. He immediately dropped his day's painting plans and designed a "Tool Box". It was based off of a fresh painting of his that looks like a series of Egyptian Eyes in an Orange Field. The idea was that it could be packaged and sized in various shapes to contain any of the following:

-The Live DVD plus a recording of the ceremony seen here http://alexgrey.net/2l/20.jpg
-The New Album
-Lateralus
-The TOOL book

This idea was proposed to Adam Jones over the phone around August 10th. Adam was a big fan of the idea, and wanted to see what Alex was up to.

During this time Alex also designed a Menu interface with a splitting head that he felt could be used for the live DVD or purhapes a music video DVD. Sound Familiar? Sadly the version of this found in the Parabol/a is very rough and not as detailed as Alex's original idea. But this proves that Adam obviously enjoyed the idea.

Now that the new art is out, friend's working at CoSM have mentioned that he's been dropping some interesting hints about his heavier-than-we-think current involvement. He's also be working on "projects" at home, which is a rarity these days. This whole thing is so inside that even the CoSM family is gossiping!

So I'm hoping that this Box does get involved at some point, even if it's down the road and months after the album release.
Oh FUCK! Anybody remember how that Alex Grey "TOOL" book was going to be released, but suddenly dissapeared (from Amazon and the like) without any word of explaination?

Holy shit...

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Another thing to think about...isn't it weird that Alex Greys book was pulled from amazon for no apparent reason. You'd think blair/alex grey would have something to say about why it is no longer being released.

edit : ^shit he beat me to it

Systolic
;)

Well yeah! Its all goes together if you look at it!

It makes perfect sense.

gl0tch

________

-The New Album
-Lateralus
-The TOOL book

You just totally fucked up my head.

Ocelot199
Another thing to think about...isn't it weird that Alex Greys book was pulled from amazon for no apparent reason. You'd think blair/alex grey would have something to say about why it is no longer being released.
Beat you to it.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Oh FUCK! Anybody remember how that Alex Grey "TOOL" book was going to be released, but suddenly dissapeared (from Amazon and the like) without any word of explaination?

Holy shit...

!!!!!!

Youre fucking right!!

Damn.... this is... kind of awesome in a "Im a powerless civilian who can do nothing but watch it all unfold" kind of way...

DirtyBanana
What i think is that tool "has" to release the DVD before the tour which starts end of May, or after that.Which won´t be late 2007 i guess.

Simply because i don´t think they will work on it while they are on tour.

Scrunzset
Screw you all, it's gonna be "Alderaan". =P

dissonance19
Yeah.. I know what you said, and thats cool, but my point is that nothing that Blair is saying is matching up, or else there would be no question as to what "M" refers to...

yes but you talked about the M with 8 letters again. The 8 letters was for the working title not the title. Not what M refers to though. Then why mention 8 letters and how it matches up with Mandalic? When he said it was just changed to an M. Not how many letters it is. Go read it, if you have to.

Systolic
What i think is that tool "has" to release the DVD before the tour which starts end May, or after that.Which won´t be late 2007 i guess.

Simply because i don´t think they will work on it while they are on tour.

Yet another good point.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Think about the kind of impact this would have on everyone if it turns out to be true. People would lose their fucking minds...

It'd rule. I wouldn't put it past Tool to try to do something like this, either. Its so... Toolish to fuck with everyone like they are and suddenly make up for all the bad blood by blowing us out of the water...

Light Reflections
!!!!!!

Youre fucking right!!

Damn.... this is... kind of awesome in a "Im a powerless civilian who can do nothing but watch it all unfold" kind of way...
Murderous rampage?

But yeah, I'm also skeptical about the whole ordeal. Some good points raised in this thread. No harm in discussing it.

bluefire
It wouldn't make sense to release a DVD of a previous tour after a new CD, i've been saying that for months.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:36 PM
yes but you talked about the M with 8 letters again. The 8 letters was for the working title not the title. Not what M refers to though. Then why mention 8 letters and how it matches up with Mandalic? When he said it was just changed to an M. Not how many letters it is. Go read it, if you have to.

Oh yeah.. thats true..

But still.. what songs on "10,000 Days" START WITH AN M?

And ALSO...

If Soror = M according to Blair, and MARIE refers to his MOTHER.....

Soror = sister, right?

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Think about the kind of impact this would have on everyone if it turns out to be true. People would lose their fucking minds...

It'd rule. I wouldn't put it past Tool to try to do something like this, either. Its so... Toolish to fuck with everyone like they are and suddenly make up for all the bad blood by blowing us out of the water...

I think we've got it bro.

I really do.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:37 PM
So now I have to pay for a CD + DVD + BOOK?
I sound lame citing Disturbed as an example, but their last CD came in two forms: you could pay an extra 10 bucks for the CD, a bonus DVD, a book, and a poster, or you could just buy the CD for a normal CD price. I'm sure Disturbed aren't the only band to ever release something in this fashion.

bluefire
Well, they did release two single dvd's four years after the cd release.

and yet no new releases in between.

pris0n
Some good insight in this thread. I'm starting to believe you motherfuckers figured this shit out. If not, at least its something new and interesting to read on here.

Every point ocelot and the rest of you are making are lining up though. Keep going guys.

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Some good insight in this thread. I'm starting to believe you motherfuckers figured this shit out. If not, at least its something new and interesting to read on here.

Every point ocelot and the rest of you are making are lining up though. Keep going guys.

which is interesting because nothing blair has said lines up to the new tracklist, huh?

gl0tch
I sound lame citing Disturbed as an example, but their last CD came in two forms: you could pay an extra 10 bucks for the CD, a bonus DVD, a book, and a poster, or you could just buy the CD for a normal CD price. I'm sure Disturbed aren't the only band to ever release something in this fashion.

OMG- could that actually be a hint.?!?!?! Not that Tool gives a fuck about disturbed, but we ARE talking about a similar situation AND the album titles are well, kinda the same.

Boozy Eulogist
Good thinking on the Book guys.

I was there when it was completed (I even proofed it...my personal favorite moment of working at CoSM) and all that was left to do was get an introduction written by Blair, Adam, or both. So the book has been done for about 7 months and last time I talked about it with Alex, it was in Tool Lawyers hands. The book is also being printed from Alex's side, CoSM Press, so I imagine a duel release would certainly take some Lawyering.

I haven't asked about it in a long time because I hate to ever act like I'm just saying hi to ask for Tool updates. I did a pretty good job acting like a sane, decent fan of Tool and I want to continue to uphold that OBVIOUSLY FALSE image with my CoSM friends ;-)

burningsky
Thanks...

Ah yes, the grand canyone... oh wait, a typo. Perhaps he meant kayenth and typed kayeth, but i guess that's not possible.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Maybe Tool, will release a blank tracklist where everyone can fill in their own titles.
Maybe they'll start singing entirely in Hopelandic.

And Maynard will turn into a hot gay guy with an amazing voice.

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Lets not forget that we could all make the supposed album art in 10 minutes on a computer.

Ocelot199
Good thinking on the Book guys.

I was there when it was completed (I even proofed it...my personal favorite moment of working at CoSM) and all that was left to do was get an introduction written by Blair, Adam, or both. So the book has been done for about 7 months and last time I talked about it with Alex, it was in Tool Lawyers hands. The book is also being printed from Alex's side, CoSM Press, so I imagine a duel release would certainly take some Lawyering.

I haven't asked about it in a long time because I hate to ever act like I'm just saying hi to ask for Tool updates. I did a pretty good job acting like a sane, decent fan of Tool and I want to continue to uphold that OBVIOUSLY FALSE image with my CoSM friends ;-)
Wait, you actually know Alex Grey? I thought you were quoting someone else in your first post...

Thats pretty cool :)

gl0tch
Well thats what I did.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Okay... what we need to do is complie EVERY disproving argument we have found in this thread, in my thread, in ANY thread (yes it will be tedious work) and put them into one HUGE thread... Then we might can come to a conclusion...

Its like holes are opening up more and more and more the more we "learn"...

I think Tool had the perfect plan.. but Blair fucked it up... kind of like God and Adam, eh? ;)

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I think Tool is doing exactly what they intended... confuse us all to the point of not knowing what to believe, so that no matter what ends up leaking... we'll still be surprised on the release date.

Or maybe we're all just blowing wind and the album really is "10,000 Days" and I'll be dissapointed. I hope that doesn't happen.

bluefire
Okay... what we need to do is complie EVERY disproving argument we have found in this thread, in my thread, in ANY thread (yes it will be tedious work) and put them into one HUGE thread... Then we might can come to a conclusion...

Its like holes are opening up more and more and more the more we "learn"...

I think Tool had the perfect plan.. but Blair fucked it up... kind of like God and Adam, eh? ;)

thats what happens when your a fat, unemployed, drunk bumming off your rock star friends.

NoD
Ah yes, the grand canyone... oh wait, a typo. Perhaps he meant kayenth and typed kayeth, but i guess that's not possible.

yes i make a lot of typos too, but the fact that he said he made up the word totally voids any credibility he might have. You don't make up a word that's so rare and so precise in location to Four Corners and the huge mythology associated in that exact area, especially with the word Laiad in front of it.

F!end
Maybe they'll start singing entirely in Hopelandic.

And Maynard will turn into a hot gay guy with an amazing voice.

ahahaha xD

That's so... uhmm... Sigur Rós?
Yeah... the Untitled thingy...
My GF told me about it...

Systolic

Look up at what I posted about what Laiad Kayenth menas in Enochian

OOOOHOHHHH Theres something else!!!!!

Look at how much Blair was relying on Enochain to "give his hints" BEFORE 10,000 DAYS!!

HOW MANY SONG TITLES ON 10,000 DAYS ARE ENOCHIAN? NONE!!

Blair is backtracking!

Boozy Eulogist
Wait, you actually know Alex Grey? I thought you were quoting someone else in your first post...

Thats pretty cool :)

It's something most friends don't even know much about...I tend to be modest about the whole thing.

I figured when joining this site that I better make a descision. Drop hints and be cryptic about the work, or just let it out in the open so that, while looking like a bragging ass, I can at least get what little information I know out.

DirtyBanana
03-23-2006, 11:43 PM

Wow,that explains the 10,000 days/fists thing.

ARMZ
03-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Boozy, that jpg link doesn't work.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:44 PM
I never even thought of that, honestly. I was just using it as an example...

It would make sense, though.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 11:45 PM
OMG- could that actually be a hint.?!?!?! Not that Tool gives a fuck about disturbed, but we ARE talking about a similar situation AND the album titles are well, kinda the same.

ditto

dissonance19

yeah, i was thinking IF they did do it and this is fake. Don't tell us. Just let us find out come May 2nd. I mean, they want to prevent leaks. For the most part, you won't know what to DL without the real names. People taking the domain names will take the wrong ones and make the wrong merchandise with stuff as well.

But I don't know if they'd go through with it though.

bbunt302
I'd say all this is indeed plausible, with an i... Just kidding man, I had to look it up myself. So...

Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes.

The way I see it is that there is really no way of knowing 100% for sure with these guys. That's what makes it fun. In the very least, these theories give us something to talk about until May 2nd. I do find some of the things that have been done and said to be quite suspicious. It's just hard to tell if all this suspicion is soley a result of us, the fans, or if the band & friends have actually given us a reason to be skeptical.

It's strange... my mind is telling myself "It's 10,000 days so STFU n00b," but my gut seems to be telling me otherwise. Unfortunately, what I think it comes down to is that I know 10,000 Days is the title, but I happen to like Aldaraia better, especially as far as track listings are concerned. It's a natural human tendency to believe what you want to be real instead of what is a more logical truth. Hell, just look at religion.

Still, at least you guys are having fun with it. Even if it doesn't turn out to be true, you shouldn't be disappointed simply because of that one fact. Better than sitting around twiddling your thumbs all day like I do.

Ocelot199
The fun part is only half (?) of tdn believes it is a hoax. The rest of the world who doesn't know about tdn believes 10,000 Days (Amazon).

So the hoax is only on 11,000 tdn members and some media. roffle
By this logic then, the people getting hoaxed are everybody but us, right? Because they all believe that 10,000 Days is the new album and aren't really questioning it.... so when May 2nd rolls around, they all get majorly slapped in the face with something they had no idea to expect.

:)

s ti N Kfizt
03-23-2006, 11:46 PM
this actually makes a little sense, though i don't care if it does or not :) there's of course something we don't know, Tool releases a new album of course there's something! only a month to wait.. and we get the single and oter news, time will go fast.

bluefire
Ever notice how tool's interviews contradict themselves. Its political...no its a blues art from the gut album...its mesuggah...its bluesy and alternative. They never mention or talk about any songs. I think they're just blowing hot air up the interviewers' asses.

Boozy Eulogist
Boozy, that jpg link doesn't work.

Seems to work for me, hm.

You can find it on alexgrey.com, Archives, Tool, 20.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:49 PM
yeah, i was thinking IF they did do it and this is fake. Don't tell us. Just let us find out come May 2nd. I mean, they want to prevent leaks. For the most part, you won't know what to DL without the real names. People taking the domain names will take the wrong ones and make the wrong merchandise with stuff as well.

But I don't know if they'd go through with it though.

Its fucking brilliant. It really is!!

JESUS CHRIST THIS PISSES ME OFF!! I PREDICTED ALL OF THIS FROM THE START!

I see it like this - - Its only the internet. The guy who "made that up" could have been anyone...

Think about it like this - what better way to stop leaks and extra attention being given to the real tracklisting than by making it a lie from the start? Maybe its just conspiracy theory, and maybe I'm crazy..
BUT

Those track titles had more correlation with Blairs postings, and the little subtlties, i.e. The latin reference to 23 on Adam's myspace, the enochian reference involving roswell and the hidden airfield (Laiad Kayenth), the news on toolband some time back about the "sequel to Lateralus", etc. than anything I have seen yet, INCLUDING 10,000 days. Its just a feeling I have. I'm probably wrong.

booyah again

NoD
03-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Just to make sure it's clear that the author of Aldaraia is still unknown:

Translated from a german website... only website that google found with the word Kayenth

The airport Kayenth consists of a hard coating track without each buildings, lain next to a Highway intersection in the desert. A somewhat unaccustomed view compared to Europe. Four Corners lies near the point at that the four countries Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and meet Utah.

Drunvalo admits that, not being an astrologer himself, he does not know what his friend was lining up with what. All he knows is that the woman communicated to him her discovery that when she did whatever she did with that drawing, the three pillars of the Golden Mean Rectangle's diagonal at Giza seemed to be pointing in the general direction of the Four Corners area of the United States (the Grand Canyon is in this area).

read here for the rest (VERY INTRESTING): http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/nov2/gcegypt.htm

The poster "maynard" is full of shit and DID NOT "make up" the word Kayenth, or Aldaraia for that matter

Ocelot199
So I want to post this:

http://www.aldaraia.com/

Ocelot, with a hoax on the rest of the world: not good for sales.
I'd like to post this:
www.undertow.com
www.Lateralus.com
www.salival.com
www.Opiate.com
www.tool.com

I think it wouldn't hurt sales very much. They're promoting a new album, so the world is expecting new Tool... maybe just not what they think they're expecting.

bluefire
So I want to post this:

http://www.aldaraia.com/

Ocelot, with a hoax on the rest of the world: not good for sales.

well the band did like 300,000 first week sales with lateralus...which is huge. They're pretty big and don't have problems selling records

plus an embargo with the media isn't good for sales either.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Ever notice how tool's interviews contradict themselves. Its political...no its a blues art from the gut album...its mesuggah...its bluesy and alternative. They never mention or talk about any songs. I think they're just blowing hot air up the interviewers' asses.

That AND the fact that all of our lovely listeners have said that the album is blisteringly epic and heavy and riffy....

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Just to make sure it's clear that the author of Aldaraia is still unknown:

read here for the rest (VERY INTRESTING): http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/nov2/gcegypt.htm

The poster "maynard" is full of shit and DID NOT "make up" the word Kayenth, or Aldaraia for that matter

Dude.. Im telling you...

We've got it nailed.

NoD
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Dude.. Im telling you...

We've got it nailed.

You know, you may be right...

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 11:55 PM
aldaraia.com brings out all other tool cd's, above ones not.
My point is that they're all just 'meh' sites that have nothing to do with Tool.

And wouldn't the fact that www.aldaraia.com has a lot of Tool info on it actually support my stance a little?

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:55 PM
I wonder how the morning posters will respond to this stuff

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Finally, about the “Aldaraia” document that has been circulating on the internet as of late: It is obviously a hoax, and, in my opinion, not a particularly good one. Even a cursory glance at the contents reveals several tell-tale signs that it’s a complete fraud (not including the questionable date formatting). For instance, why would the band’s P.O. Box address be blacked out? It would appear that the perpetrators of the hoax were attempting to make the letter appear more authentic by adding this little touch, but, as it was completely unnecessary to do so, it only betrays it being a genuine 'document.' Also, I don’t think anyone in the band would add an ‘n’ to the ‘Enochian’ word “Aldaraia!”

Remember that sheet of paper??? That had the addresses blacked out! It was NO coincidence that it was EXACTLY the same as the card that was "given".. and that they came from two COMPLETELY different sources... at the SAME FUCKING TIME.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:56 PM
I wonder how the morning posters will respond to this stuff

Flames.

NoD
03-23-2006, 11:57 PM
happy meal

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Remember that sheet of paper??? That had the addresses blacked out! It was NO coincidence that it was EXACTLY the same as the card that was "given".. and that they came from two COMPLETELY different sources... at the SAME FUCKING TIME.

dude the sheet was for a different list. Which makes the fact blair confused them even more suspect. Maybe he had nothing else to shoot down the list with.

s ti N Kfizt
JESUS CHRIST THIS PISSES ME OFF!! I PREDICTED ALL OF THIS FROM THE START!
if these things are true, i don't even care a shit who predicted what or was i wrong or right.. who cares?

damn blair is probably reading this thread right now..

Systolic
The sheet of paper was not Aldaraia. Lucid something I believe?

Which was it? Oh nice quick edit there lol

bluefire
03-23-2006, 11:59 PM
if these things are true, i don't even care a shit who predicted what or was i wrong or right.. who cares?

damn blair is probably reading this thread right now..

naw hes probably drinking.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:59 PM
dude the sheet was for a different list. Which makes the fact blair confused them even more suspect. Maybe he had nothing else to shoot down the list with.

Yeah Blair seemed awfully concerned about Aldaraia....

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Haha, that's why I posted it, to pwn myself so you couldn't do it.

It is morning here.... 8.55 am

US morning posters will go like:

'Fucking four pages, I'm not gonna read that! Pile of Crap."
Hopefully they'll read my first post in this thread, at least. I wanna see if anybody can really come up with anything against my stance other than whats posted on Toolband (which my original arguement allows for).

bluefire
03-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah Blair seemed awfully concerned about Aldaraia....

A little too concerned.... (dun dun DUN)

flipmojo
03-24-2006, 12:01 AM

This guy hasn't been banned yet? You have serious problems. If you bold things and make them real big, it only makes you that much more of a jackass.

edit: Listen to the way this guy called this "my thread". God damn man. Get a life.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Okay so QUICk ctachup.. what is everyones stance here that is posting?

I obviously think 10,000 Days is bullshit... I dont know for sure, but Aldaraia seems convincing STILL..

Anyone else?

bluefire
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
yeah i think everything about 10,000 days is pretty limp dick...I wanna believe this aldaraia

flipmojo
Okay so QUICk ctachup.. what is everyones stance here that is posting?

I obviously think 10,000 Days is bullshit... I dont know for sure, but Aldaraia seems convincing STILL..

Anyone else?

Aldaraia is not the album name. The album is called 10,000 Days and will be out May 2nd.

pris0n
This guy hasn't been banned yet? You have serious problems. If you bold things and make them real big, it only makes you that much more of a jackass.

edit: Listen to the way this guy called this "my thread". God damn man. Get a life.

If you get past that little fact, he made a good thread and has started some really good conversation.

*gets up off of knees and removes kneepads*

Systolic

No, he's perfectly justified. When I wrote my epic email to Blair, I caught a SHITLOAD of flames from people just because they were jealous because I thought of something original beofre they did or something... I know how he feels. He spent time and effort into coming up with those ideas..

It would be like writing a song that YOU really love and then having the first person you let hear it say "Fuck you thats trash now burn in Hell".

Even if I didnt agree with Oce, (which I do), I would still respect his efforts.

flipmojo
03-24-2006, 12:04 AM
yeah i think everything about 10,000 days is pretty limp dick...I wanna believe this aldaraia

That's because you love to go against things. I think the word is rebellious. Belligerent... nah, not you. Belligerent would be Ocelot199.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:05 AM
A little too concerned.... (dun dun DUN)
That was one of my points... that Blair specifically outted "Aldaraia" as a fake, even though he then proceeded to mix up the information. Maybe that was his way of getting our attention.... He does keep saying that hes leaking info here and there.

No, seriously, stop trolling this thread. Make your own if you want to masturbate to your own lame excuse of a theory about the new album, but stay out of my thread. Just because I disagree with you and get pissed off when you push your crappy easy opinion like you know it to be fact doesn't mean I'm wrong or out of line. You're more out of line than I am. All you do is piss people off here. Unless you're going to contribute something more than "This IS how it IS, and I'M right because I know because I AM THE SHIT", I suggest you just shut up and save yourself the effort. Nobody wants to watch you stroke your little ego with what you believe to be true.

So just stay out of my thread. Please. Make your own or something.

bluefire
I mean you have to ask yourself, what has tool done to prevent leaks thus far...nothing. In fact they help leakers with titles and art.

Systolic
That's because you love to go against things. I think the word is rebellious. Belligerent... nah, not you. Belligerent would be Ocelot199.

Its circumstantial evidence. If this were a courtcase, no one could be convicted.

Hodge
03-24-2006, 12:06 AM
you're believing in a tracklist that was apparently given by danny which was then posted by the guy named 'maynard' on a music news site forum which then circulated to TDN

is that convincing to you?

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Aldaraia is not the album name. The album is called 10,000 Days and will be out May 2nd.
it's likely that 10 000 is the album name, but this thread is for other speculation and that's why people get pissed off of people who come here and talk shit everyone already knows about 10 000days. sorry my english.
i like your posts though lol

flipmojo
03-24-2006, 12:07 AM
No, he's perfectly justified. When I wrote my epic email to Blair, I caught a SHITLOAD of flames from people just because they were jealous because I thought of something original beofre they did or something... I know how he feels. He spent time and effort into coming up with those ideas..

It would be like writing a song that YOU really love and then having the first person you let hear it say "Fuck you thats trash now burn in Hell".

Even if I didnt agree with Oce, (which I do), I would still respect his efforts.

LOL. I'm sorry man, but that sounds like pity to me. I can pity Ocelott199. I just have to wonder what he does with his life to have the time to sit around justifying hoaxes. Anyone can do that, but who wants to spend the time on something like that? When I ask myself that, I get a feeling like I have nothing better to do. I don't respect that.

Systolic
you're believing in a tracklist that was apparently given by danny which was then posted by the guy named 'maynard' on a music news site forum which then circulated to TDN

is that convincing to you?

No thats not it!

Did you even read his original post?

It goes a LOTTT deeper than that...

jasonchristopher
Obviously (and i don't think anyone can disagree with this) we are not getting the full truth on this. I really don't believe that the 23 and viginti tres thing is a coincidence. I don't know if it goes as far as you all are proposing but it won't surprise me, and if it does you all need medals. Also I posted a thread in the rumors section with a possibility as to where the tracklistings that they've put out are coming from. I started reading The Illuminatus Trilogy, granted It's a book that's hard to get into but I found 3 of the track titles listed within the first 50 pages, they are: Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman), Rosetta Stoned, and something referring to the number 23. Check it out if you want.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/myluciddesign/untitleddocument.jpg

There you have it.
The arguement we're making is that Blair confused that document with the Aldaraia tracklisting. That seems highly unlikely... and even more unlikely that he would have continued to overlook his mistake and not fixed that post.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:09 AM
LOL. I'm sorry man, but that sounds like pity to me. I can pity Ocelott199. I just have to wonder what he does with his life to have the time to sit around justifying hoaxes. Anyone can do that, but who wants to spend the time on something like that? When I ask myself that, I get a feeling like I have nothing better to do. I don't respect that.

Look I did it too. I know you saw my email. I ENJOYED it. Even if I am wrong COMPLETELY, I will still feel like I accomplished 2 things.

1) I showed my ability to create thought provoking ideas

and

2) I singlehandedly compiled a SHITLOAD of evidence and holes in "the perfect hoax".

Its fun to me (and obviously to Oce too).. so let us have our fun.

bluefire
03-24-2006, 12:10 AM
and interesting that the only thing he shot down aldaraia with was a wrongly accused letter and some enochian crap that he could make up easily, because noone knows shit about it.

Systolic
Obviously (and i don't think anyone can disagree with this) we are not getting the full truth on this. I really don't believe that the 23 and viginti tres thing is a coincidence. I don't know if it goes as far as you all are proposing but it won't surprise me, and if it does you all need medals. Also I posted a thread in the rumors section with a possibility as to where the tracklistings that they've put out are coming from. I started reading The Illuminatus Trilogy, granted It's a book that's hard to get into but I found 3 of the track titles listed within the first 50 pages, they are: Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman), Rosetta Stoned, and something referring to the number 23. Check it out if you want.

HOLY FUCK!

Wasnt the Illuminatus something to do with conspiracy theory?

Or was that Illuminati?

Or are they the same?

flipmojo
Make your own if you want to masturbate to your own lame excuse of a theory about the new album, but stay out of my thread.

LOL. See what I mean. Get over yourself. Seriously. You are borderline psycho. No offense either. I know you are probably real sensitive too.

My opinion is not simple either. It is what the world knows from the band. The band has given us a few nice tidbits about the album to enjoy. That is what I will do, instead of making up fake theories.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Systollic where's your comment?

Haha reading 50 things at once..
Yeah I think Blair just screwed up. That letter is obviously fake because of the single date.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:12 AM
LOL. See what I mean. Get over yourself. Seriously. You are borderline psycho. No offense either. I know you are probably real sensitive too.

My opinion is not simple either. It is what the world knows from the band. The band has given us a few nice tidbits about the album to enjoy. That is what I will do, instead of making up fake theories.
Please stop posting in my thread. You're not contributing anything, and you're pissing people off. Just stop it.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:12 AM

What tidbits?

Do you have anything concrete in your hands thatyou can show your buddies?

No.

You have a website. Thats it.

You have a webmaster who is known for lying and being manipulative who is GIVING you info so generiously.

THATS all you have.

NoD
03-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh shit wait a minute. Now I know for a fact something is up with Aldaraia. I wasn't aware that "maynard" actually posted the original thread about Aldaraia:

http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=107723

Now he HAS to be in on it. No other way, not after what he said about Kayenth. You don't make up a word like Kayenth that has so much meaning.

Now, if he knew what he was talking about, he would CERTAINLY not say he made up the word Kayenth. Which leads to 2 conclusions: Either a friend of "maynard" made up the track list for him and he posted it as his own creation (with a little side story involving danny), or he's very close to the band and the band asked him to help them with this big hoax and to post the Aldaraia trax. Either way, something is up...

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 12:13 AM
2) I singlehandedly compiled a SHITLOAD of evidence and holes in "the perfect hoax".
this is a big hole in the perfect hoax:

On recording day 5, you see a picture of Maynard with his eyes censored out at a grill, cooking something that OBVIOUSLY doesn't look edible. The BBQ is a metaphor to things band-oriented... probably pictures, but not sure.

Heres the link to his blogs in case you need to see it for yourself.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...z,bcbfuvyicocML
:) no offense i just think it's funny.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Does anybody remember when the embargo on reviews of the album is lifted? I'm interested in seeing what other people besides Andy King have to say about the new album.

bluefire
03-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Does anybody remember when the embargo on reviews of the album is lifted? I'm interested in seeing what other people besides Andy King have to say about the new album.

4/13

Systolic
this is a big hole in the perfect hoax:

:) no offense i just it's funny.

that wasnt a "hole" in the hoax, that was just an observation.. and yes I was wrong about the peppers.. my screen resolution at the time was 800x600.. I was running on an old shitty CRT monitor and I couldnt see what was on the grill clearly.

Hodge
No thats not it!

Did you even read his original post?

It goes a LOTTT deeper than that...

yes.
someone made a reasonable guess about May 2, i'll give him a cookie

As for the 11 songs, perhaps TOOL is just pulling a prank on us hence the 23/Viginti-Tres or whatever connection

Adam's hand does not have the word 'Thorn' written on it
As for the pictures disappearing, perhaps it was a bandwidth issue, they were high-quality, who knows

Lastly, he made a point of mentioning a picture of a CD that had been pressed yet then mentions that nothing has leaked yet...Why would you even consider the picture of this CD to be the new TOOL album

So really, i found nothing convincing in the post at all, sorry

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 12:17 AM
that wasnt a "hole" in the hoax, that was just an observation.. and yes I was wrong about the peppers.. my screen resolution at the time was 800x600.. I was running on an old shitty CRT monitor and I couldnt see what was on the grill clearly.
yeah i know.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Adam's hand does not have the word 'Thorn' written on it
As for the pictures disappearing, perhaps it was a bandwidth issue, they were high-quality, who knows

If this were the case, then whynot just crop the photos down a bit, or lower the resolution?

flipmojo
03-24-2006, 12:19 AM
None of these theories in this thread are true. The reason is not like Ocelott199 wants to make you believe. It isn't that "Flipmojo wants everyone to believe he is rigth and everyone is wrong." That is retarded. The reason is because all the sources that are legitimate (with any credibility) are saying the album is 10,000 Days. That includes the band's own website. All of these fake theories come from random forums on the web. Is that really the place where authentic news will come from? Seriously, ask yourself that. The answer is 'No'. Those are places for rumors and fake theories.

One more time: The album is 10,000 Days. It isn't because Flipmojo says so. It is because the band says it is.

Note to Ocelott199: Everything is not me, me, me OR you, you, you in life. You have alot of maturing to do I guess. You need to be able to see things as "THIS" or "THAT". Get over yoruself. You will feel better. I promise.

Hodge
03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
i don't know
do you really believe his hand clearly says THORN on it with 7:00 underneath?

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
http://10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=170&sid=27cda2504da59e4b510b8bab70f19cbc

This is the CD I mentioned in my first post.

I think its sexy.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:22 AM
i don't know
do you really believe his hand clearly says THORN on it with 7:00 underneath?

Its smeared. It could be a U or an T....

Blair wont answer, so I say its a T simply because UHORN means shit whereas THORN means a HELL of a lot.

For fucks sake, its a PROMO pic... Adam wouldnt just leave some worhtless scribbling on his hand in pictures that are designed to PROMOTE the band.. thats just unprofessional. Now if you can show me how UHORN ties in with the band somehow LEGITIMATELY, Ill believe you.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:23 AM
http://10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=170&sid=27cda2504da59e4b510b8bab70f19cbc

This is the CD I mentioned in my first post.

I think its sexy.

It does look sweet as Hell.

Ocelot199
Can someone post a link to the "Thorn" thing on Adam's hand? Maybe someone else can play around with photoshop and get it to look a bit more clear.

Hodge
if there is a track called The Thorn and is 7 minutes long, i will suck your dick forever.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Can someone post a link to the "Thorn" thing on Adam's hand? Maybe someone else can play around with photoshop and get it to look a bit more clear.

I can do that.. actually PM me.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:24 AM
if there is a track called The Thorn and is 7 minutes long, i will suck your dick forever.
Tool has a track named The Grudge thats 8 and a half minutes long. Why is "The Thorn" so hard to believe?

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Tool has a track named The Grudge thats 8 and a half minutes long. Why is "The Thorn" so hard to believe?

Yeah honestly I think The Thorn is a badass name.

it just sounds.. heavy.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:27 AM
The Pot is better.

The Pot is terrible.

Worst name ever.

flipmojo
The Pot is better.

I agree because it is a real track title.

jasonchristopher
HOLY FUCK!

Wasnt the Illuminatus something to do with conspiracy theory?

Or was that Illuminati?

Or are they the same?

The whole book is an epic trilogy that deals in tying almost every conspiracy theory together.

dischordance
03-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Now, I'm not saying I believe this in any way, but I gotta hand it to you, Ocelot, this is the best fucking thread I've read since this section of the forum started. Great stuff.
I hope you're right, not because I like this title/tracklist better than the Ten Thousand Days one (they're both rubbish), but because if you are, you will be king of this forum.
I don't think Tool doing this is that cool (it's expected of them), but a bunch of forum nerds blowing the whole thing out of the water? That's brilliant.
Anyway, I advise the flamers (haha) to stop flaming - unlike all the other bullshit speculative threads on here, Ocelot and company actually did some thinking. Is there really another thread on this forum more worthy of your time? Really?

On a final note, I remember in one of those email exchanges to Blair, a TDNer asked Blair what he thought about the fake tracklistings, and Blair replied that one of them was eerily close to the real thing. You can either take that at face value, or as a sly admission of guilt.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:31 AM
On a final note, I remember in one of those email exchanges to Blair, a TDNer asked Blair what he thought about the fake tracklistings, and Blair replied that one of them was eerily close to the real thing. You can either take that at face value, or as a sly admission of guilt.
I remember that too. I don't remember anything cropping up that even remotely respembled what he's given us for 10,000 Days.

Interesting...

flipmojo
Ocelott199 keeps flaming me in PMs. I'm telling you. This guy has serious problems. A moderator needs to give him a warning or something. He steps way out of line. The guy is a disease. You should see the PMs.

khemystri
8. We have heard nothing at all about the new DVD for over 4 months from Blair.

Last question asked on the ouiji board.

Systolic
Now, I'm not saying I believe this in any way, but I gotta hand it to you, Ocelot, this is the best fucking thread I've read since this section of the forum started. Great stuff.
I hope you're right, not because I like this title/tracklist better than the Ten Thousand Days one (they're both rubbish), but because if you are, you will be king of this forum.
I don't think Tool doing this is that cool (it's expected of them), but a bunch of forum nerds blowing the whole thing out of the water? That's brilliant.
Anyway, I advise the flamers (haha) to stop flaming - unlike all the other bullshit speculative threads on here, Ocelot and company actually did some thinking. Is there really another thread on this forum more worthy of your time? Really?

Did you read my email to Blair?

Im not trying to drawn attentoin away from Oce, because he did a Hell of a lot of work too, but my email to Blair had some good shit too...

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=38044

DirtyBanana
Yeah honestly I think The Thorn is a badass name.

it just sounds.. heavy.

Theres a band called THORN in my hometown.

Please listen to one of their songs and you will HATE the name "THORN"

http://mitglied.lycos.de/thorn/

go an listen under "HÖREN"

jasonchristopher
03-24-2006, 12:32 AM
<a href="http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=38423">http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=38423</a>

jasonchristopher
03-24-2006, 12:33 AM
shit. copy and paste people.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:34 AM
shit. copy and paste people.

Yep theres definitely something amiss here...
Ironically it involves conspiracy theory...

Its all bullshit...

Just out of curiosity Jason, didnt you disagree with me at first? Not trying to flame or anything just curious to see if your ideas have shifted.

jasonchristopher
03-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Yep theres definitely something amiss here...
Ironically it involves conspiracy theory...

Its all bullshit...

Just out of curiosity Jason, didnt you disagree with me at first? Not trying to flame or anything just curious to see if your ideas have shifted.

In all honesty i don't believe any of it. there's just no way to know. I don't think i ever blatantly disagreed with you, but the conspiracy theory thing does get pretty trying at times. I do enjoy this thread.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Ocelott199 keeps flaming me in PMs. I'm telling you. This guy has serious problems. A moderator needs to give him a warning or something. He steps way out of line. The guy is a disease. You should see the PMs.
Ha, I knew you would post in here about that. You're so weak... its really pathetic.

Why can't you just keep it to the PMs? Its our problem, not theirs.

flipmojo
03-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Wow. I had to put Ocelot199 on my ignore list. The guy has some serious issues. He cannot handle when someone doesn't agree with his crazy conspiracy theories.

Edit: LOL. Apparently, we have a problem now. LOL. Ocelot199 has a problem. No. Let me rephrase. Ocelot199 has LOTS of problems. Get counseling soon.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Last question asked on the ouiji board.
Refresh my memory...

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:43 AM
It points to "o"

jasonchristopher
goodnight fucktards.

NoD
Is anyone registered at the smn boards? If so, Maynard has to be asked who really made up the Aldaraia tracklist. It's amazing, he posted an incredibly believable tracklist, then retracted it saying he made it up, but he's lying, there is no way he could have. If he decided to come clean, I would think he'd tell the whole truth and say exactly how it was conjured up, because he didn't make up the worth Kayenth...

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:48 AM
OMG this got moved... :(

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Is anyone registered at the smn boards? If so, Maynard has to be asked who really made up the Aldaraia tracklist. It's amazing, he posted an incredibly believable tracklist, then retracted it saying he made it up, but he's lying, there is no way he could have. If he decided to come clean, I would think he'd tell the whole truth and say exactly how it was conjured up, because he didn't make up the worth Kayenth...
That is odd, isn't it... why would he grab the whole Tool-world by the balls like that, and just give it up by admitting it was fake (even though you've done a good job of proving that he was lying about that). Kind of weird....

gl0tch
03-24-2006, 12:52 AM
anyone could have claimed it as fake though.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:53 AM
The same guy who posted it originally came back later and said it was fake, right?

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 12:53 AM

Most of the titles just came to me

Tried to think like maynard.

I have never in my life even heard of Dees Magik Book.

I checked the Enochian Dictionary for Laiad

Kayeth was a word i made up :-) That was my worst ones honestly

Thanks for the transfer post... i didnt think if it was first posted on TN it would be too believeable

All i can say is Damn, President bushs job must be so much fun

NoD
03-24-2006, 12:54 AM
That is odd, isn't it... why would he grab the whole Tool-world by the balls like that, and just give it up by admitting it was fake (even though you've done a good job of proving that he was lying about that). Kind of weird....

yeah. I mean it would've been one thing had he said he did research on egyptian symbolism at four corners and threw that in or his friend made up the trax and he just decided to play along, but he said he made it up.... and he didn't even know what the hell kayenth meant. Hell i'm more interested in maynard's story than the actual tracklisting now lawlz

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:54 AM

NO FUCKING WAY

KAYENTH

NONONOON

THATS NOT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE...

BULLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIT

Aldaraia May 2nd folks.

gl0tch
03-24-2006, 12:55 AM
oh, gotcha.

If you had to list where you are at with all of this where would you be? I'm at about 70/30 that 10kDs is a farce.

NoD
03-24-2006, 12:56 AM
goldfoot, go back in this thread and read my posts to understand why that's not possible.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm... uncertain. Probably something like 70/30 as well (against 10,000 Days)... but somehow I don't think Tool would just out and out lie. Theres something more going on.

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 12:57 AM
goldfoot, go back in this thread and read my posts to understand why that's not possible.

I have. Why do you think this guy is legit? This guy has been a member of SMN since December of 2003. He posted on 04-28-2004 about a Suffocation show in Boston. If this account was made for a hoax, it dates back over two years, which is unlikely.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 12:58 AM
I have. Why do you think this guy is legit? This guy has been a member of SMN since December of 2003. He posted on 04-28-2004 about a Suffocation show in Boston. If this account was made for a hoax, it dates back over two years, which is unlikely.

EXACTLY, further proving his legitimacy.

gl0tch
agreed. Thats why I think the Aldaria AND 10kDs theory about the album and live DVD would get everyone off the hook and amaze everyone.

Systolic
agreed. Thats why I think the Aldaria AND 10kDs theory about the album and live DVD would get everyone off the hook and amaze everyone.

It sounds the most plausible to me at this point.

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 12:59 AM
EXACTLY, further proving his legitimacy.
*sigh*

You better be kidding.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 01:00 AM
You know how loud I will scream if something like that does happen?

I'm gonna miss all this speculation when the album finally comes out. This is a lot of fun, despite people like flipmojo who seem to think its not okay to have fun with this.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 01:02 AM
*sigh*

You better be kidding.
I think he meant that that Maynard guy was just playing into someone else's hands, and then lied to make himself look good. Especially if how he really got that tracklisting was a "friend of a friend of a friend" spiel... it'd be easier just giving up and saying he had made it himself. Then people would at least give him a pat on the ass.

A lot of people might do that. I think.

Edit: But what about 23? How did he just happen to come up with that number? And why is it on the current tracklisting?

How is that a coincidence? Theres just no way...

NoD

No you're not understanding. I'm not saying he's legit, but what he's saying isn't true. He posted the Aldaraia trax, but he DID NOT make them up like he's saying. He said he made up the word kayenth, he didn't even know what it meant or that it was a marker at four corners...then he magically threw the word laiad in front of it? Not friggin possible.

Systolic
GAh iM GOING TO BED....

This shit is ridiculous.

Systolic
03-24-2006, 01:03 AM
No you're not understanding. I'm not saying he's legit, but what he's saying isn't true. He posted the Aldaraia trax, but he DID NOT make them up like he's saying. He said he made up the word kayenth, he didn't even know what it meant or that it was a marker at four corners...then he magically threw the word laiad in front of it? Not friggin possible.

Last thing before I go.

This point is one of the most convincing points in the thread.

Havokb8
03-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Nice work bring back Aldaraia, i was done with it, but this is certainly interesting. Did we just figure out this Kayenth thing? I dont remember anybody talking about this before. Alot of small coincidences adding up...But tell me why if Blair wanted people to believe 10,000 days did he name a track that was latin for a track on Aldaraia? That immediately made people question it right? I was starting to believe it until i saw a recycled piece of Alex Grey artwork for the cd, comeon i cant believe after all this time they couldnt get an original piece of artwork, i dont get it..Blair said trust me when you see the real artwork youll KNOW it, well we dont KNOW it do we?

Ocelot199
23 is in the same place as 46.
What do you mean?

Goldfoot
You all have way too much time on your hands. Read a book.

ARMZ
03-24-2006, 01:05 AM
The writing on Adam's hand says "UH" and something after that. Under that it has 7.00

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 01:05 AM
The writing on Adam's hand says "UH" and something after that. Under that it has 7.00

Care to crop a few of those promo pics and post it here? I'd like to see a few different angles of it... I can't really decide on what it says.

Ryan
03-24-2006, 01:06 AM
the only thing that is preventing me from disregarding this thread altogether is the Aldaria "23" / "Viginti Tres" point. as ocelot said, that's one fucking huge coincidence.

ARMZ
here (http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f336/Armorsteel/hand.jpg)

NoD
I think he meant that that Maynard guy was just playing into someone else's hands, and then lied to make himself look good. Especially if how he really got that tracklisting was a "friend of a friend of a friend" spiel... it'd be easier just giving up and saying he had made it himself. Then people would at least give him a pat on the ass.

A lot of people might do that. I think.

Edit: But what about 23? How did he just happen to come up with that number? And why is it on the current tracklisting?

How is that a coincidence? Theres just no way...

yeah i think you're right. Some friends of his owned him by giving him a tracklisting and saying it was tool's new album, then he wanted to look cool by saying danny personally gave him a card, then his friends laughed at him. So then he said he made it up. And his friends were the one's really in tune, looking at the "23" in Adam's myspace and researching into kayenth and stuff.

Ocelot199
03-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Have a bigger picture of that?

ARMZ
03-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Have a bigger picture of that?
Working on it now, it gets blurry so I have to figure out how to resize and un blur.

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 01:13 AM
i thought that i have all the new promo pics, but i can't find a pic where's this. ?

edit/ found it.

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 01:14 AM
I hope every song is untitled.

ARMZ
03-24-2006, 01:16 AM
i thought that i have all the new promo pics, but i can't find a pic where's this. ?
Maynard has floaties, Adam blow torch, Danny and JC are doing something, playing with fire.

ARMZ
03-24-2006, 01:18 AM
http://www.hostmypic.info/uploads/527cc38c0d.jpg

blurry as fuck

immyowndamngod
03-24-2006, 01:24 AM
all i can say..... is WOW!! i have spent the last half hour reading this whole thread and i think it is the best i have read since i've been here (which hasn't been that long).... i was all for 10,000 Days to be true... but this just makes it seem soooo false......... i've gotta agree with the 70/30 against it now...... WOW

Archetypically
03-24-2006, 01:26 AM

Het_Bijeenroepen
03-24-2006, 01:28 AM
On Amazon, 10,000 days by Tool is listed as an audio CD, and only one disc at that. If they're selling it already, I think it's highly unlikely that the product details would be so vastly inaccurate as this theory purports.

It's not impossible that the live DVD could arrive at a similar time as the new album, though. Or if not, then maybe in time for christmas....

just simulacra
03-24-2006, 01:37 AM
There's a much better pic of his hand where it clearly seems to say THORN.

http://members.cox.net/raypaskus/thorn.jpg

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 01:45 AM
you can't say what the first character is.. U or some symbol outside from alphabet or..? i think it doesn't mean anything about the new album, maybe if it really is thorn.

ARMZ
03-24-2006, 01:47 AM
There's a much better pic of his hand where it clearly seems to say THORN.

http://members.cox.net/raypaskus/thorn.jpg
Hmmm, I didn't see that one, it could say Thorn, it might also say bullhorn....we will have to wait

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 01:52 AM
because he didn't make up the worth Kayenth...

Thanks to just simulacra's avatar, something clicked from earlier. When I looked up "kayenth" in Google only ONE site talked about the four corners. This site was in another language. The real place of Kayenta is in Arizona and near the four corners. I've decided that they are not related and it is a coincidence that Kayenth and Kayenta are one letter off.

just simulacra
03-24-2006, 01:52 AM
anyways, i finally read this whole thread.
it's pretty interesting, but honestly, it's just you guys grasping for straws.
i mean, admittedly, you've grasped at the most interesting straws thus far but ...

my intuition [and nothing more] about the situation says,

1. ALDARAIA. aldaraia is not the name of the cd. seems to be a pretty simple hoax. names seem way too similar to lateralus --- and KAYENTH is NOT the mind-fuck, prove-all you guys think it is. i've heard of the place way before it was mentioned on this forums ... so i'm assuming its possible others would've too.

2. 10,000 DAYS. 10,000 days is not the name of the cd either. the '23' coincidence is just an allusion to it being a fake as well. it's interesting to note that Blair critiques the first major track-listing hoax as being a poor attempt at a hoax ... almost as if he had another waiting in the wings. OR, mayhaps it drove him to top it?

3. PROMISES. honestly, its been said a zillion times guys ... the band claimed for months leading up to the news of the release they'd do whatever it takes to prevent leaks. not just SONG leaks, but INFORMATION leaks. how much angst have they expressed since lateralus [through interviews ... read a lot of post lateralus interviews] about pirates stealing .com's and marketing fraudulent merchandise through them? guaranteed whatever the new tool album's name is ... it's domain is owned by the band. why? BECAUSE THEY SPECIFICALLY PROMISED THEY WOULD OWN ALL DOMAINS RELATED TO THE NEW ALBUM, HAVING THEM FORWARD TO TOOLBAND.COM. none of the names thus far do any such thing.

4. PACKAGES? honestly, i love tool. my favorite band. but they're not going to release a double-anything, or a pack-in anything, regardless of the slight increase in price, when they could otherwise offer the items separately. they want to make lots of money ... this much is clear. i'm over this aspect of the band ... their art still shines through. but there's no doubt money drives the products this band creates. good for them, they deserve it.

just simulacra
03-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Clearly Thorn? You got to be kidding us, the only reading that is possible: ORN.

Sorry McGenius. Typed in haste. I agree with you.

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 01:54 AM
andy king review says that the lenght of first song is 7:03 though.

just simulacra
03-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Thanks to just simulacra's avatar, something clicked from earlier. When I looked up "kayenth" in Google only ONE site talked about the four corners. This site was in another language. The real place of Kayenta is in Arizona and near the four corners. I've decided that they are not related and it is a coincidence that Kayenth and Kayenta are one letter off.

[off topic]

Yup. Kayenta is one of my friends and I's favorite places. Interestingly enough, we were joking about the K in LK being KAYENTA for MONTHS before the ALDARAIA tracklisting. When it popped up, I got interested ... and because it hit so close to home, so to speak, I was inclined to believe it =\

Madklikor
03-24-2006, 02:02 AM
andy king review says that the lenght of first song is 7:03 though.

Actually he wrote "7min 3sec". Could be a mistake and it's around 7:30.

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 02:04 AM
Actually he wrote "7min 3sec". Could be a mistake and it's around 7:30.

He also admitted to not knowing when the songs changed.

Lost Keys
03-24-2006, 02:17 AM

we don't need to read a book. we're writing one right now.

/V\agina
03-24-2006, 05:19 AM
The tracklisting for Aldaraia included a song "23", which is now on the current Toolband tracklisting (albeit in a different language). There is NO. FUCKING. WAY. that that is a coincidence. None. With only 11 tracks, and a huge array of words to choose from, that statistically cannot happen. Period.

Hmm... So basically, it's statistically impossible that people ever have correct guesses about anything, right?

What about the pic on Adam Jones' myspace with his girlfriend standing next to a HUGE 23... You're telling me that the Aldaria guy, who admitted his listing was a fake, couldn't have just seen that?

Maybe the 23 on Adam's myspace was a hint at a track title, (viginti tres), and the Aldaria guy just took it at face value.

Either way, I think you're getting ahead of yourself. You're being blinded by the fact that you just want everyone to believe your point, when, like I've said before, you have NO FUCKING OFFICIAL INFORMATION to go on.

I have no clue whether or not Aldaria is the real thing, but you know what? I have a tendency to believe Blair until I have proof that he's fucking with me. I have yet to make an official statement as to how I feel about his tracklisting, etc, because I don't want to look like an ass when I'm wrong.

Until then, balls.

Code of the Streets
03-24-2006, 06:09 AM
You guys really need to allow gmail. i know it's to prevent spam, but I had to use a much shadier email than google to register, but oh well.

Thought I'd make a better crop of adams hand, It looks like a 4, or a U... I don't think it says thorn, but who knows, maybe Adam has his own way of making a funny looking T. and then 7:00

Very strange, I'd be suprised if someone can make sense of it. Maybe he just had something to do at 7? Here ya go:

http://www.hostmypic.info/uploads/e0d490e5c3.jpg

Code of the Streets
03-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Also, it's only there for the pool/BBQ photos. None of the others.

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 06:21 AM
You guys really need to allow gmail. i know it's to prevent spam, but I had to use a much shadier email than google to register, but oh well.

Thought I'd make a better crop of adams hand, It looks like a 4, or a U... I don't think it says thorn, but who knows, maybe Adam has his own way of making a funny looking T. and then 7:00

Very strange, I'd be suprised if someone can make sense of it. Maybe he just had something to do at 7? Here ya go:

good work, now i can see that i could be a T after all.
how did you do that?

chalimar
03-24-2006, 06:34 AM
I didn't read all 7 pages. But I agree: Tool are up to something.

I think we already do have some real information, but it's only a part of some bigger picture.

5th Eye
03-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Good thread. I read all of it. Here's something to add: someone (probably Ocelot) mentioned how Blair denounced Aldaraia—and only Aldaraia (Teleincision too, but whatever)—in the newspost. Well, here's another instance of pretty much the same thing:02/20/06 04:34 PM
- Despite the rumors, the new Tool album will not be titled Aldaraia. -EyeChakraI don't know for sure if that has much to do with anything but there you go.

good work, now i can see that i could be a T after all.
how did you do that?No, goddammit, that is not a T. It's a U. But I'll be damned if I know what the hell "UHORN 7:00" means. But maybe that's the point.

But anyway, I'll state my ultimate opinion again—it doesn't really matter all that much how much we speculate here and even if we do guess correctly; we'll just have to wait until they release everything and then we'll know. I love to speculate as much as anyone else, but I'm not taking it too seriously because I know I won't be disappointed either way come time to hear what they've put out.

sularetal
03-24-2006, 06:49 AM
Very interesting thread. Some good points made. This whole bubble is going to burst soon. Great job of thinking outside the box.

Xanatos
03-24-2006, 07:51 AM
I just got off the phone with Maynard. He said we should expect a new CD around this time next year. Apparently there was a problem with their computers or something and all the dates ended up having an 06 as the year instead of 07. Sorry!

TheRuleOfThree
03-24-2006, 08:13 AM
*Sigh*

Ok, Ocelot. We'll just wait and see.

Nebel
03-24-2006, 08:16 AM
April 1st we will know once and for all, if it passes and nothing happens, then it was true all along

F!end
03-24-2006, 08:33 AM

It clearly says:

4 HORN
7:00

I don't really think that it has anything to do with the album...
Must be just a reminder of something...

ProdigyDub
03-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Ocelot,

For like the 10th time....Aldaraia was admittedly MADE UP by a TDN poster. That is, he sat behind his computer, looked up a bunch of Enochian words...and concocted the entire thing.

Now, how in the hell do you suppose it could be the actual album title and tracklisting, giving that some random guy just made it up?

streetcarp19
03-24-2006, 09:53 AM
As for the pictures of Adam's hand, the two on the right look like different writing and a different hand all together than the two on the left.

chalimar
03-24-2006, 10:05 AM
As for the pictures of Adam's hand, the two on the right look like different writing and a different hand all together than the two on the left.

uhm, no.

grizz441
03-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Ocelot,

For like the 10th time....Aldaraia was admittedly MADE UP by a TDN poster. That is, he sat behind his computer, looked up a bunch of Enochian words...and concocted the entire thing.

Now, how in the hell do you suppose it could be the actual album title and tracklisting, giving that some random guy just made it up?

I hate to fan the flames of this hoax business because I really do think all the information we have been given is legitimate, but if alderaia is the real title name that leaked a while ago and the band tried to cover their tracks by releasing fake info about a 10,000 days release, isn't it possible that blair would create a TDN name and then claim to have made alderaia up to make us believe it really was fake?

Grudge76
03-24-2006, 11:25 AM
10,000 days = video stimulation

Aldaraia = audio stimulation

Systolic
03-24-2006, 11:40 AM
10,000 days = video stimulation

Aldaraia = audio stimulation

I think youre right.

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 11:42 AM
No, goddammit, that is not a T. It's a U. But I'll be damned if I know what the hell "UHORN 7:00" means. But maybe that's the point.
but goddamnit it could be a T imo, though i think it's 4 and that doesn't matter if it is or if it's not, doesn't relate to the album and if relates who cares dfsdfsdf dfsdfsdf sdfsdfsdf, dfd sdasj. asasd!

1postarmy
03-24-2006, 11:46 AM
uhm, no.

uhm, yes.

there's clearly no 7:00 on the other 2 pictures. open your mind (or eyes).
interesting thread though. just not these "evidence".