PDA

View Full Version : Uhh... you might want to see this guys -

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:03 PM
(Feel free to move this to rumors if you feel so inclined. I thought it was worth seeing just to start up a bit of conversation.)

The following link has a picture of the supposed CD itself:

http://10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=170&sid=27cda2504da59e4b510b8bab70f19cbc

He goes on to say:

"remember the first tracklisting we saw for the new Tool album? Well that's it. Aldaraia. The band quickly came up with a scheme to cover up those details to keep potential leaks at bay. The scheme isn't really a total hoax though. The artwork that's posted on the official site is the artwork for the live dvd that comes out along with the album. It's title is XM Days. The tracklist is completely fabricated, so don't be surprised when they say "april fools" regarding the tracklist. The band has dropped several hints to the new album, the most visible is Adam featuring the track titled "the thorn" written on his hand in a promo pic."

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Well if thats the case, I certainly wont be disappointed. AND WE'RE ALL RIGHT!

TTM
03-23-2006, 04:05 PM
the cd means nothing, its easy as shit to print out cd covers

new millenium cyanide christ
03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
eye candy

Goldfoot
03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Aldaraia was made up.

KJM
03-23-2006, 04:09 PM
there's no source there for anything

"yea I just talked to maynard on the phone, he says you failed at life"

orange.juice
fanmade hoax.

NoD
that cd looks fucking horrible

ATARI
03-23-2006, 04:10 PM
your penis is made up

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:11 PM
you guys seriously are a bunch of fucking clowns, you know that?

Ertai
03-23-2006, 04:11 PM
the black generic looking case holding the cd doesnt look legit... ontop of that if you actual did have the cd, why only take one screenshot of the cd itself.....

(-) Thoth
03-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I want to believe this.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:13 PM
you're saying the actual plastic doesnt look legit? How does that work? Not that I am arguing for its validity or anything, but that just is a silly thing to say. Nevertheless, this would be a hopeful possibility, yet unlikely.

flipmojo
03-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Aldaraia was made up.

Yes it was. Quote from Blair on toolband:

"Finally, about the “Aldaraia” document that has been circulating on the internet as of late: It is obviously a hoax, and, in my opinion, not a particularly good one. Even a cursory glance at the contents reveals several tell-tale signs that it’s a complete fraud (not including the questionable date formatting). For instance, why would the band’s P.O. Box address be blacked out? It would appear that the perpetrators of the hoax were attempting to make the letter appear more authentic by adding this little touch, but, as it was completely unnecessary to do so, it only betrays it being a genuine 'document.' Also, I don’t think anyone in the band would add an ‘n’ to the ‘Enochian’ word “Aldaraia!”

That is bullshit. It is not the CD. Do not believe it. If it was the CD, there would be leaked music as well. Also, 'X' in roman numerals is 10, and 'M' is 1,000. I think they were simply naming that new cover art 'xm_days' to tie it to the album.

NoD
03-23-2006, 04:16 PM
you're saying the actual plastic doesnt look legit? How does that work? Not that I am arguing for its validity or anything, but that just is a silly thing to say. Nevertheless, this would be a hopeful possibility, yet unlikely.

We all know aldaraia was the best track listing we'd seen, but it was fake. Maybe if Blair hadn't mentioned it it could've been true, but he's gone out of his way to address the titles and confirm they were false. He said the new album isn't lateralus II (but it's apparently lateralus II enough to recycle the art for the old tour :/)

tentonmantra
03-23-2006, 04:16 PM
and people complain about my posts, seriously.....

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:17 PM
well, I dont think its likely, but to play devils advocate, he could have said the aforementioned to cover his tracks because it WAS in fact the real deal, knowing very well that we would take everything he says to be real.

flipmojo
03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
When are you guys going to get it? The album is called '10,000 Days'. It is coming out May 2nd.

Goldfoot
03-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes it was. Quote from Blair on toolband:

Yeah well the paper came after the tracklisting was found. Anyway, they were all made up and we have been told it's 1 CD. Why can't people believe that?

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:20 PM
and you know this how?

"Well you know, I read er, um, I read it somewhere on the internet. Yeah! THAT'S IT! On the internet. Plus, my local college radio DJ - Jimmy Jam Rim Job - said so, so it HAS to be true."

Goldfoot
03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
and you know this how?

"Well you know, I read er, um, I read it somewhere on the internet. Yeah! THAT'S IT! On the internet. Plus, my local college radio DJ - Jimmy Jam Rim Job - said so, so it HAS to be true."

All the information we have heard is the same. Why would it all be lies? It MAY be the internet, but real people said these thigns that we have heard.

orange.juice
i thought we were through this shit...

Ertai

that black generic case is like something you buy for the dozen at your local dollar store... doesnt look offical thats all im saying

LetGoLetgoLetGo
When are you guys going to get it? The album is called '10,000 Days'. It is coming out May 2nd.
So, do you have proof to back this theory up?

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=flipmojo]Yes it was. Quote from Blair on toolband:

"Finally, about the “Aldaraia” document that has been circulating on the internet as of late: It is obviously a hoax, and, in my opinion, not a particularly good one"

That part as always pissed me off if it wasn't a very good fake in general than how did they have a title on that list that matches with one on the "Real" list??

Goldfoot
So, do you have proof to back this theory up?

Have you been to Toolband.com?

gl0tch
^ please see every single thread on this forum, because if they havent started out that way, they sure as hell ended up discussing the possibility of such. I'm not going to re-explain why *anything* is possible at this point.

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
out of his way to address the titles and confirm they were false. He said the new album isn't lateralus II (but it's apparently lateralus II enough to recycle the art for the old tour :/)
SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jasonchristopher
03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
there's no point in arguing this because you could both be right and we won't know for a while.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:26 PM
that black generic case is like something you buy for the dozen at your local dollar store... doesnt look offical thats all im saying

coming from a person who has actually worked in a reputable record store for several years, any version of a final whatever is bound to be circulated in the most unlikely of containers.

bbunt302
03-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Didn't the guy who actually made up the name/tracklist admit it was fake? If not, then maybe it is a possibility because I don't think we can really believe anything Blair says with 100% certainty.

But if someone admitted to making it up, then it's obviously BS.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
I made up the tracklist.

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Didn't the guy who actually made up the name/tracklist admit it was fake? If not, then maybe it is a possibility because I don't think we can really believe anything Blair says with 100% certainty.

But if someone admitted to making it up, then it's obviously BS. Unless they got to him too!!

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I made up the tracklist.

See how convincing it is to sway an opinion with one sentence. Anyone could have laid claim to this. Same thing as copycat serial killers. You cant prove it without evidence.

Goldfoot
I made up the tracklist.

Prove it.

Edit:
See how convincing it is to sway an opinion with one sentence. Anyone could have laid claim to this. Same think as copycat serial killers. You cant prove it without evidence.

Grudge767 or whoever did prove it though.

bluefire
just to play devil's advocate, because I don't believe this guy, but the aldaria list had the correct number of tracks before we knew the number, the correct release date before it was confirmed, and 23 which is found in latin on 10,000 days. Dammit I want to believe this, but I can't.

waffel
i believe it

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Prove it.

Edit:

Grudge767 or whoever did prove it though.

prove that.

Goldfoot
03-23-2006, 04:30 PM
just to play devil's advocate, because I don't believe this guy, but the aldaria list had the correct number of tracks before we knew the number, the correct release date before it was confirmed, and 23 which is found in latin on 10,000 days. Dammit I want to believe this, but I can't.

We knew the number from the Andy King review.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Andy King's not even a real person.

Goldfoot
prove that.

Go look for it if you don't believe me. He posted on SMN that Danny gave him a card, and then over here he admitted it was fake.

bluefire
We knew the number from the Andy King review.
nope, http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=36481&highlight=aldaria

look at post 7

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM

just kidding. at this point, I might as well just start flat out lying since its so uncool to speculate when our only evidence to date is piecemeal at best.

Goldfoot
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM
nope, http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=36481&highlight=aldaria

look at post 7

Yeah, I just remembered that.

Goldfoot
03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
just kidding. at this point, I might as well just start flat out lying since its so uncool to speculate when our only evidence to date is piecemeal at best.

It's info from official sources. At least the best thing about this whole debaucle is that the track titles don't affect ANYTHING related to the music except the way you think about it and since we don't have the music, we don't need the track titles.

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Prove that!! :()

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM
It's info from official sources. At least the best thing about this whole debaucle is that the track titles don't affect ANYTHING related to the music except the way you think about it and since we don't have the music, we don't need the track titles.

official sources, might I add, that have lied to you in the past.

toology514
03-23-2006, 04:36 PM
fake.

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:37 PM
official sources, might I add, that have lied to you in the past.
And How long did those "lies" last??

Ertai
03-23-2006, 04:40 PM
well we all know that danny wouldnt just hand our a card with the information on it to someone....its contradicts the idea of them wanting to keep it a secert

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:44 PM
And How long did those "lies" last??

Well, how close were they to 4/1/year? And how close did Tool release an album to said date?

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:45 PM
well we all know that danny wouldnt just hand our a card with the information on it to someone....its contradicts the idea of them wanting to keep it a secert

Do we? You know Danny personally?

mike tyson
03-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Not reading shit, that CD looks cool.

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, how close were they to 4/1/year? And how close did Tool release an album to said date?
Look man you have to understand that this has become to detailed to be a hoax anymore, way too much thought and effort has been put into it just because we have this much free time on our hands does not mean that the band members do. Also I don't understand where you're going with your follow up question.

NoD
03-23-2006, 04:50 PM
The whole Aldaraia situation was pretty strange though....

The best April Fool's joke would be for Blair to announce on April 1st that the band had got a look at the Aldaraia name and tracklisting and liked them so much they decided to use them. You wouldn't know if the album would really be called Aldaraia and the joke was the means on how they settled for the name, or they were just fucking with the fans and the title would still be 10,000 days. Mind fuck a'hoy

chonus

One Dark Flame
And also did you edit this post at some point?? Cause I was almost positive it said something about "tp" before.

NoD
03-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Look man you have to understand that this has become to detailed to be a hoax anymore, way too much thought and effort has been put into it just because we have this much free time on our hands does not mean that the band members do. Also I don't understand where you're going with your follow up question.

or it really could by a hoax and they are just demonstrating how people can be easily fooled by one source when you spread the word to different news organizations. A kind of play on the current power structure of the western world.

ATARI
03-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm believing in the worst, so that when the worst comes, I believed in it
when the best comes, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

and by worst I mean 10,000 days and "The Pot."

bbunt302
03-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Here's a crazy idea. Before I get into it, no one should waste their time telling me how stupid and incredibly unlikely it is, because I agree. But I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. I'm really not a fan of these kinds of conspiracy theories so please know that I am gritting my teeth and forcing my self to type this. It hurts. Bad.

What if Danny did indeed give this guy a card w/ the actual album name (i.e. Aldaraia) and tracklist in an attempt to purposefully keep anyone from believing it. Everyone would think it was fake (even though a few internet "news" sources posted it). They would then later claim a fake name (10,000 Days) to be real and even go through the trouble of creating fake album art and logos as well (not that either would require an immense amount of work... a flipped grey scale isn't too hard to do).

Maybe the next step is they'll say on April 1st that Aldaraia was real all along... :)

See how crazy it sounds? On the other hand, everyone knows that Tool has always been about giving a big "Fuck You" to the media and such. Maybe they actually would go through all the trouble to do so. You gotta admit... it would be funny as hell if they did.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:54 PM
or it really could by a hoax and they are just demonstrating how people can be easily fooled by one source when you spread the word to different news organizations. A kind of play on the current power structure of the western world.

I was just about to say the same thing, considering most of the momentum has been the result of us projecting meaning unto ambiguity

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
That is a good point. But if I remember correctly weren't two of the track titles featured in a magazine article??

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm believing in the worst, so that when the worst comes, I believed in it
when the best comes, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

and by worst I mean 10,000 days and "The Pot."
Agree.

ATARI
03-23-2006, 04:56 PM
That is a good point. But if I remember correctly weren't two of the track titles featured in a magazine article??

Rosetta Stoned and the title track I believe.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:57 PM
to date, I seriously dont think a ton of work has been done to convince us that this is real. Every source aside from toolband is getting their info from a pool of rumors or toolband itself, which notoriously has fucked with every media outlet in the past.

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Rosetta Stoned and the title track I believe.
I believe you are correct, do you happen to know what magazine that was??

sambarugh
03-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Would be nice if this was true, makes more sense with that image being related to the DVD too as it's similar to Lateralus and the tour was for Lateralus.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 05:00 PM
I believe you are correct, do you happen to know what magazine that was??

I think it was some German magazine the band probably didnt give a fuck about lying to just to perpetuate the rumors

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Would be nice if this was true, makes more sense with that image being related to the DVD too as it's similar to Lateralus and the tour was for Lateralus.
Good point...damn I don't know what's going on!!

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Attention D Bags:

The new CD will resemble this:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8035/untitled7ue.jpg

bbunt302
03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
EDIT: I was wrong it was Rock Sound.

orange.juice
03-23-2006, 05:03 PM
I think it was some German magazine the band probably didnt give a fuck about lying to just to perpetuate the rumors
F U

twas a brit magazine called rock'edit'sound.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 05:04 PM
hahaha. ok. better yet.

tentonmantra
03-23-2006, 05:12 PM
LMAO

oh, may 2nd come quick please..... release us form this suffering....

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 05:12 PM
You understand why it's hard to believe all this through?? Honestly I am not trying to discredit you or take away your hopes for the new album, at first and still now I want to believe some of this stuff but it's just not plausible anymore, everyone thinks they know what's gonna happen on April 1st but I doubt they do because its become too predictable at this point.

ATARI
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
LMAO

oh, may 2nd come quick please..... release us form this suffering....

if we aren't believing the tracklistings and title, what reason do we have to believe the release date?

One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM
if we aren't believing the tracklistings and title, what reason do we have to believe the release date?
Please don't say that, I've been wondering the same thing through.

Ganjalf
03-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Attention D Bags:

The new CD will resemble this:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8035/untitled7ue.jpg

im going to have to agree

tentonmantra
03-23-2006, 05:20 PM

hey, I am NOT one of the cuckos that don´t believe all that´s being said by the band... as we joke here "include me OUT of that".

Bassmingo
03-23-2006, 05:23 PM
I like that cd artwork. If they were to release a live dvd along with the album i, for one, would be very happy. But like i've said before i'm not believing anything until the album is blasting out of my stereo, and even then i wont believe how good it is.

NoD
03-23-2006, 05:25 PM
it's amazing how tool really doesn't give a flying fuck about the media or their fans and treat them like shit, yet everyone still craves. Tool fans are like those girls in abusive relationships, the worse they're treated, the more they want the dick.

Dredg
03-23-2006, 05:33 PM
it's amazing how tool really doesn't give a flying fuck about the media or their fans and treat them like shit, yet everyone still craves. Tool fans are like those girls in abusive relationships, the worse they're treated, the more they want the dick.

yeah I know, I want that power too

NMCF22
03-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Where is this promo pic with the thorn written on adams hand

thejesus
03-23-2006, 05:52 PM
nah, I don't buy it

CrazyJoeDevola
03-23-2006, 05:57 PM
well, I dont think its likely, but to play devils advocate, he could have said the aforementioned to cover his tracks because it WAS in fact the real deal, knowing very well that we would take everything he says to be real.

Very good point. It is for this exact reason that I refrain from believing any one side on this issue and am simply waiting for the day that I hold the album in my hands. Its been said countless times and I always found it annoying but now I feel the same way. Because of the Lateralus fiasco, Tool is the only band I meet with this kind of skepticism. So I believe nothing. I just wait and refrain from partaking in the Tool-Fan-Boy lesson on patience quote: "wait it out....be patient..." Everyone does that.

I don't discourage anyone who's trying to find the truth about this whole thing but there's way too much bickering.

HalfASandwidch
03-23-2006, 06:01 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see in 9 days
9 days? Am I missing something? Fill a fellow Canadian in.

ATARI
03-23-2006, 06:01 PM
9 days

THIS IS

THE STORY OF A GIRL
WHO CRIED A RIVER AND DROWNED THE WHOLE WORLD

AND WHILE SHE LOOKS SO GOOD IN PHOTOGRAPHS

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE HER

WHEN SHE SMILES

ATARI
03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
and the worst part is I knew all that from memory

mattw
03-23-2006, 06:12 PM
I find it funny that someone actually started a new thread about this. There are so many reasons why this is fake - I just couldn't be bothered typing them all out...

Seriously, how easy is it these days to fool someone/people?

Some guy who has never really posted before comes to a forum and says "Oh yeah, this is what the cd looks like, the real name is Aldaraia and there's a live dvd too"

He claims he has a friend of a friend who knows someone connected with the band or some shit? Fuck me, just give up already!

I could come on here tomorrow and say that while Tool were in Australia a few weeks ago, one of my friend's friends was at the listening session and talked to the band and they said there's actually gonna be 12 tracks and that a live dvd will be released sometime around June 1st or 6th, just for fun, and that the band will start touring the U.S. on September 1st....

It's ridiculous how easy it is these days to mislead people... just wait a few days and you'll get a silly april fool's joke, then maybe some more new album info, maybe some lyrics from the first single, the first single on the radio, a whole bunch of reviews after April 13th and then in a couple of weeks Tool's album will be out and they will be touring and all this fucked speculation/rumours/bullshit will be over...

I'm gonna go eat lunch.

ATARI
03-23-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm gonna go eat lunch.

I already ate it

03-23-2006, 06:24 PM
atari i've been meaning to ask...

who the hell is that chick in your avatar, she is perfecttt =)

agnomos
03-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Maybe the real april fool's day joke is that EVERYTHING IS REAL.

waffel
03-23-2006, 06:50 PM
atari i've been meaning to ask...

who the hell is that chick in your avatar, she is perfecttt =)

lol

some guy posted a picture of something (fake artwork or some shit) and that picture was posted in the same folder. its the guys sister.

/V\agina
03-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Glotch, you're a cock, you know that?

Nobody knows for sure whether or not your asspal's Aldaria disk is legit. So stop pretending you know. What you found was one persons speculation, amongsts hundreds of other speculations on the internet.

I gotta say, the black cd case backing is unusual, since Tool tends to put an image behind the cd, like most people do these days. That's not to say it's impossible, but it sure would be a killjoy if they did that.

I really wish people would stop acting like they KNOW tool personally or something. At this point, everything is speculation. Nobody knows official information, so kindly shut the fuck up.

waffel
03-23-2006, 06:52 PM
I really wish people would stop acting like they KNOW tool personally or something. At this point, everything is speculation. Nobody knows official information, so kindly shut the fuck up.

except for the fact that the artwork, album name and track listing was posted on toolband.com

Scrotophagus
03-23-2006, 06:56 PM
<3 Atari's av.

<3 Waffel's av.

agnomos
03-23-2006, 06:58 PM
except for the fact that the artwork, album name and track listing was posted on toolband.com

But MAYBE if we ALL believe this is not true... time/space will fluctuate and our tool-groupie collective unconscious will modify the facts themselves...

Oh, I'm so spiritual-zen-ocultist-budist as Maynard is!

fraz
03-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Maybe the real april fool's day joke is that EVERYTHING IS REAL.

exactly.

April Fool's jokes don't start in March, they start on April 1st . If this album art and tracklisting was posted on Toolband on the 1st of April - then you would have valid reason to say it's a fake

waffel
03-23-2006, 06:59 PM
i just look at the new font for the TOOL and cant help but think it says fool.

Tool knew posting this information ON april fools would be way too fuckin obvious, so they posted it a few weeks before hand. Its almost TOO obvious.

agnomos
03-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Have to ask this here, cause the server is not letting me post a new thread.
I'm chilean. So sorry if my english is too third - worldish.
Now, I just wanted to ask if part of the Vicarious track (the intro) has been leaked... Why I'm asking? Because of THIS guy:

guitarer :
hey check out the intro to the album in limewire. vicarious.. i don't know if that was the real one but sounds like tool. judging based solely on that song what the f*** their beginning to suck. i sure hope its only the intro that really sucked.. but sure is heavy though.. i've read that they were inlfuenced by meshuggah on this album since they toured with them last time.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/tool_albums_north_american_release_date.html

Just wondering if this guy got to download the same torrent fake album that everyone talks about... or if he really has the fucking mp3...

03-23-2006, 07:16 PM
i just look at the new font for the TOOL and cant help but think it says fool.

Tool knew posting this information ON april fools would be way too fuckin obvious, so they posted it a few weeks before hand. Its almost TOO obvious.

lol...you should take a look at my "fool" post in here and see how i'm getting absolutely persecuted....glad someone agrees with me tho....

ps- cant wait to kick your ass in fantasy baseball.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Glotch, you're a cock, you know that?

Nobody knows for sure whether or not your asspal's Aldaria disk is legit. So stop pretending you know. What you found was one persons speculation, amongsts hundreds of other speculations on the internet.

I gotta say, the black cd case backing is unusual, since Tool tends to put an image behind the cd, like most people do these days. That's not to say it's impossible, but it sure would be a killjoy if they did that.

Hey mangina, feel free to blow me. Read through the entire thread before trying to punk me out. You'll see I've said the same shit you said here.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 07:33 PM
lol...you should take a look at my "fool" post in here and see how i'm getting absolutely persecuted....glad someone agrees with me tho....

ps- cant wait to kick your ass in fantasy baseball.

Exactly!

It just makes NO sense that the official logo would pass through all these channels and not one person would say, "hey by the way, does anyone else think this says 'fool' ?"

Seriously, you cant just excuse that through. Do you guys know anything about design? Alex Grey most prob. made over 6 figures for Lateralus. Though the "art" we have been shown is done by him, he isnt doing the layout and design. There's a difference. Thats someone else's job. No professional designer would plaster the words all over the face like that. White text on a black and white image is a design NO-NO. Its safe to assume whoever does the album art along with whoever does the layout, will make money. No where in that process would they allow something that reads like 'fool' to pass through.

And BTW- when I posted links to other "album art" so many of you said it was fake solely on the criteria that the text appeared on the cover. NOW WHAT? now what? How can your criteria for one thing change for another? Because Blair said so? bLiAR? give me a break.

Systolic
03-23-2006, 07:39 PM
(Feel free to move this to rumors if you feel so inclined. I thought it was worth seeing just to start up a bit of conversation.)

http://10000-days.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=170&sid=27cda2504da59e4b510b8bab70f19cbc

He goes on to say:

"remember the first tracklisting we saw for the new Tool album? Well that's it. Aldaraia. The band quickly came up with a scheme to cover up those details to keep potential leaks at bay. The scheme isn't really a total hoax though. The artwork that's posted on the official site is the artwork for the live dvd that comes out along with the album. It's title is XM Days. The tracklist is completely fabricated, so don't be surprised when they say "april fools" regarding the tracklist. The band has dropped several hints to the new album, the most visible is Adam featuring the track titled "the thorn" written on his hand in a promo pic."

Isnt this what I implied all along?

Opiate_Mass
03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Maybe the next step is they'll say on April 1st that Aldaraia was real all along... :)

See how crazy it sounds? On the other hand, everyone knows that Tool has always been about giving a big "Fuck You" to the media and such. Maybe they actually would go through all the trouble to do so. You gotta admit... it would be funny as hell if they did.
or if TOOL broke up ages ago and the new album WAS the april fool's joke.
now that would fuck your mind...... xD

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Have to ask this here, cause the server is not letting me post a new thread.
I'm chilean. So sorry if my english is too third - worldish.
Now, I just wanted to ask if part of the Vicarious track (the intro) has been leaked... Why I'm asking? Because of THIS guy:

guitarer :
hey check out the intro to the album in limewire. vicarious.. i don't know if that was the real one but sounds like tool. judging based solely on that song what the f*** their beginning to suck. i sure hope its only the intro that really sucked.. but sure is heavy though.. i've read that they were inlfuenced by meshuggah on this album since they toured with them last time.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/tool_albums_north_american_release_date.html

Just wondering if this guy got to download the same torrent fake album that everyone talks about... or if he really has the fucking mp3...

It's probably that Rammstein clip.

Exoskeletal
03-23-2006, 08:11 PM
If you really think Tool doesn't give a shit about their fans you should see this interview:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=21CMr6m1BxE&search=tool%20interview
The fans are what keeps 'em alive, are the ones who respect them and their work and give value to their art.

khemystri
03-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I sometimes call:

46&2 - My Shadow
H. - The Snake
Jimmy - Eleven
Hooker with a Penis - buy my new record
aenima - learn to swim
schism - pieces fit

fuck a tracklist......

Indrid Cold
03-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Well, all I know is that the "Aladaria" stuff was posted here as well as on the other site back in February. It has suspicious track titles that resemble the ones on toolband.com. Since "The Thorn" is clearly written on Adams hand in the promo pic that mysteriously disappeared from that one site just a while ago, it’s starting to make me believe this stuff. Also, because the "Aladaria" post was posted back in February and had May 2nd as the release date in the post it all just seems too odd. Wasn't that before anyone knew anything from toolband.com. How could someone just pull May 2nd and "The Thorn" as well as "Vicereal" and "23" out of their ass like that. I just think there’s a lot here that’s just too much of a coincidence. But who's positive of anything now anyway.

Light Reflections
03-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Most probably fabricated, but this:

The artwork that's posted on the official site is the artwork for the live dvd

That would make sense, in keeping with the Lateralus theme.

ARMZ
03-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, all I know is that the "Aladaria" stuff was posted here as well as on the other site back in February. It has suspicious track titles that resemble the ones on toolband.com. Since "The Thorn" is clearly written on Adams hand in the promo pic that mysteriously disappeared from that one site just a while ago, it’s starting to make me believe this stuff. Also, because the "Aladaria" post was posted back in February and had May 2nd as the release date in the post it all just seems too odd. Wasn't that before anyone knew anything from toolband.com. How could someone just pull May 2nd and "The Thorn" as well as "Vicereal" and "23" out of their ass like that. I just think there’s a lot here that’s just too much of a coincidence. But who's positive of anything now anyway.
K I'm yet to see this pic of 'The Thorn' written on Adam's hand, if it's the one I'm thinking about then LOL! that doesn't say "The Thorn" but please refresh my memory. We presumed the release date was May 2 after Blair had told us it would be released in May and to save Track 2, meaning save May 2 for the disc, I'm pretty sure this was before Aladaria. "Vicereal" was taken from toolband and I think I had a hand in spreading that rumor. Blair admitted that "Viginiti Tres" and "23" were a coincidence at best, not to mention the guy who said he was given the card from Danny with the Aladaria name and track list admitted it was a fake.

F!end
03-23-2006, 09:11 PM
You're all wrong, and, you know what? THIS is gonna be the real cover...

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2182/real10000dayssmall0yx0ap.jpg

xD

There goes my first post... ^^'

Exoskeletal
03-23-2006, 09:27 PM

xD

HAHAHAH! That made me laugh hard time... brilliant!

Light Reflections
03-23-2006, 09:32 PM

xD

Holy fuck.

That would kick arse.

03-23-2006, 09:43 PM
ahhhhh....trippppppppy =)

ProdigyDub
03-23-2006, 10:01 PM

He goes on to say:

Dude, a TDN poster admitted to making up Aldaraia himself. You really need to stop letting your strong desire for Aldaraia to be the name influence you to think everything you see confirms that it is.

magnolia
03-23-2006, 10:10 PM
i like that disc design a lot... hope it's legit. as for "XM Days"... seems like a retarded title for anything.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Edit: This posts needs its own thread. I want to discuss this and nobody is paying attention to this thread anymore.

bluefire
03-23-2006, 10:31 PM
^god I wanna believe you're right.

and to add the case might be blacked out, b/c the cds are not printing with the album art.

TornDown
03-23-2006, 10:47 PM
ok...im going on pure instinct on this one, but that cd feels right. i dont know why, but it does. the poster of the image originally mentioned that he would not include album art, so he would have to put the cd into a different case if the case had artwork on it. oh and about the more than one disc thing, sure they said that the album itself was one disc but they never said anything about not releasing a combo pack of album and dvd now did they? and to those of you saying that maybe tool will post the real info on april 1st, i whole heartedly agree simply because it will cause even more confusion.

Lost Keys
03-23-2006, 11:06 PM
G-E-N-E-R-I-C

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 12:19 AM
At this point, everything is speculation. Nobody knows official information, so kindly shut the fuck up.

Except that Toolband has told us everything. It doesn't matter if they lied before. This isn't then and there isn't a reason to now. Also, when they DID lie, they quickly updated the site with the truth.

s ti N Kfizt
03-24-2006, 01:25 AM
lol, friend of a friend who is befriended to Schism's uncle?
schism's uncle

lol

RED_THE_HAT
04-07-2006, 10:56 PM

He goes on to say:

...now, when I come to think of it, that is quite plausable.... JB HIFI in Australia is selling the new album for 21.99$, which although JB HIFI are one of the cheaper outlets in Australia, they would not sell a new album like that for that much. They only do that for standard editions of CD's, such as the Muse non tour edition CD, etc.... Maybe, that is the price for the album itself, without the DVD... perhaps... I dunno.... I'm rambling again..... 01:02:03 04/05/06

04-07-2006, 11:27 PM
I thought the cd art looked familiar. We all know how tool is into sacred geometry... click on "Cymatics" in the Music section

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_geometry

spawk
04-08-2006, 12:46 PM

[/i]

I've already said it in another thread, but this cd art is a pure fake and commit a copyright infringement.
Anyway... this is just a part of an Apophysis-rendered image, from a personal website. here the link :
http://www.hillegass.net/gallery.htm
look the last picture line, right hand side. ok ?

Descencia
04-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Anthony already confessed to that email/cd being a joke. Read through those threads on 10000-days.com before posting it here.

ladiatia
04-08-2006, 02:35 PM
You all will freak out the release day. Aldaraia is coming!
My friend who is from Saturn told me that the release will be a DVD packed together with a Cd and a mint flavored dildo. The deluxe edition will be released in 3 different colors. A colorblind version is on the run....

well, not really...

SALUD!

praefector
04-08-2006, 03:05 PM
too many holes:

for one, printing CD labels is easy and that design is straight out of spirograph pc

second, why take a pic of the CD but no pic of the coverart, liner notes, or anything else. my guess, because the other things in question are proven fakes and all that's left of this hoax is the CD art.

and lastly, if one had the actual CD and bothered to post a pic of it...why wouldnt that same person just archive the CD with winrar, alter the filenames, and post it on YSI or RAPIDSHARE

just someone attempting to extend a hoax thats already had the air taken out of it.