PDA

View Full Version : Possible DVD

StoneyB
03-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Tool said a while back that they thought they may be the band to attempt their own "the wall." On the 10,000 days message board, someone, who claims to be legit, has said that Tool have worked on and very lengthy video like this accompanied with music. He made it sound like the video's concept was to show the deeper meaning behind Lateralus until now. I'm not saying he's right, and he is probably a phony, but I would like some input from everyone else here. I think a concept like that sounds great.

StoneyB
03-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Yea, a live DVD would be awesome. I really don't think Tool are going about the same way most bands do though. I think we can expect to see something entirely different from their live DVD.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:12 AM
I'd love it if Tool did something like this and managed to make it not suck. The Wall has its moments, but overall its just a boring album. Somehow I think Tool could do a much better job at it.

I've said a few times here that I think Tool have been finishing up something more than just the new album, whether it be the live DVD or whatever. This would be quite sweet, if it ever does end up happening.

StoneyB
03-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Ya know Ocelot, I couldn't agree more. I'va had it in the back of my mind that it does seem that their may be more to this album than just an album. They may suprise the hell out of us and release the DVD right after the album drops.

MrMcPheezy
03-23-2006, 10:16 AM
A live tool dvd wouldn't actually do all that much for me. I mean, they just stand around and play the songs exactly as they are on the album (for the most part). Seeing them live is awesome, but I'm not sure a dvd could capture the feeling of it.

StoneyB
03-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Personally, I would really like ti see Tool attempt their own art video ala "the wall." Adam Jones art direction has never let me down. Even Alex Grey at times seems to be a bit repetative(although he is one of my favorites), but Adam has a really odd concept every video.

Nebel
03-23-2006, 10:29 AM
They've always said they wanted to create something like The Wall so it's possible.

Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Edit: To Sobot: Weren't you only 12 in 2002? You liked Tool when you were that young?

I'd go for either live DVD or concept video thing... they both sound cool.

StoneyB
03-23-2006, 10:39 AM
I liked Tool when I was ten. I have to admit though, the very first Tool song I ever heard was H, and I was knocked off my feet.

Sol Invictus
03-23-2006, 10:49 AM
who cares.

o00mega00
03-23-2006, 10:54 AM
who cares.

didn't your mother tell you if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all?

Wretched
03-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Edit: To Sobot: Weren't you only 12 in 2002? You liked Tool when you were that young?

I'd go for either live DVD or concept video thing... they both sound cool.

I liked them when I first heard Sober back when I was in grade 7. I was about 12/13. I'm now 17. They'be been my favourite band since I was in grade 8 and I saved all my money to buy every album at once.

slamminsalmon
03-23-2006, 10:58 AM
I liked Tool when I was ten. I have to admit though, the very first Tool song I ever heard was H, and I was knocked off my feet.

when you were ten?

i had heard of em when i was that young, but took me almost 5 years before i really appreciated em

Loveboat Captain
03-23-2006, 11:04 AM
A live DVD...I dunno if it'd be worth it. But something like the wall would completely rule.

StoneyB
03-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I was ten in 97. I can honestly say that I didn't have the appreciation for their music that I do now, but I got hooked none the less. I think I just took much notice that they were way different than anything I'd heard before.

slamminsalmon
03-23-2006, 11:58 AM
word

skizzott
03-23-2006, 01:08 PM

TenSpeed
03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
I heard Schism when I was 13, really got into em by 14. 14 now though so..

mattw
03-23-2006, 03:11 PM
The first 3 Tool songs I heard were what my brother played me from his copy of Aenima back in 96/97: Stinkfist, Forty Six & 2 and Hooker with a Penis.

With names like that I was a little confused but I loved the music because it was heavy and generally just sounded good. So I listened to the whole album and discovered Eulogy (couldn't believe a song could go for more than 8 mins), H., Pushit, Aenima and Third Eye. It was great to hear long and awesome tracks, especially since everything on the radio only went for like 3 mins. I asked my brother about Tool, like why the tracks were named what they were and how long had they been around but he didn't really know. 96/97 was a big year or so for Tool, at least in Australia. It seemed like every teenage boy had a copy of Aenima, Tool shirts were more and more common and Stinkfist ended up being the 2nd most popular song on Triple J's Hottest 100. They were the new cool thing...

As for the dvd, I just have a feeling that we would have heard more about it by now. Although this new album has been kept relatively secret, Blair and others have mentioned bits and pieces along the way... I just think they'd do the same if they were busy making something awesome like a live dvd or accompanying video/dvd for the album...

But I wouldn't put it past them. New album in just over a month is enough for now...

ARMZ
03-23-2006, 03:17 PM
DVD in October.

new millenium cyanide christ
03-23-2006, 03:38 PM
DVD in October.

what makes you say october?? just a hunch of yours? blazing hot intuition burning inside of you??

slamminsalmon
03-23-2006, 04:33 PM
what makes you say october?? just a hunch of yours? blazing hot intuition burning inside of you??

he been drinking 4, 8 oz glasses of green tea everyday

MentalSanityOff
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Ive only been listening to tool for about 2 years now, since 9th grade. easily my favorite band

Bassmingo
03-23-2006, 05:20 PM
The live dvd is reported to be multi angle, with a camera at least on danny all the time (possibly all four members) giving the viewer the option to pick a member to focus on. that would be worth the price of the dvd alone for me, a "wall" type longform video/live dvd would be just as good.

i first heard tool back in 92. from the first ep. i'm ogt.

just kidding, i heard them in 93 when sober came out. i was 17. it was a very good year.

MentalSanityOff
03-23-2006, 05:21 PM
with a camera at least on danny all the time.
Fuck yes. I would buy it just for that reason

Bassmingo
03-23-2006, 05:25 PM
at an educated guess, the footage you can get from the cyberclinics at dannycarey.org are probably that same camera.

ARMZ
03-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Sorry, I'm not at liberty to discuss the release date of the DVD........oh shit.

new millenium cyanide christ
03-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Sorry, I'm not at liberty to discuss the release date of the DVD........oh shit.

APPARENTLY, you are a member of the illumanati bloodlines....you omnisicent one you...

ARMZ
03-23-2006, 05:40 PM
APPARENTLY, you are a member of the illumanati bloodlines....you omnisicent one you...
I have a plague for you.