PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious Leak

wix3l
03-22-2006, 08:00 PM
I was sent a leak which is supposedly Vicarious. I have no idea if this is legit or not, if you're interested, pm me.

Idiotica
03-22-2006, 08:02 PM
doom 3 st or choke no doubt.

wix3l
03-22-2006, 08:08 PM
doom 3 st or choke no doubt.

I've just been informed its doom 3

MentalSanityOff
03-22-2006, 08:17 PM
haha, i just downloaded 10,000 days off limewire. Kinda weird that theres no singing in it. Think its legit? Except for the pot and rosetta stoned, where its acoustic reggae, but maynard sounds kinda weird on it. Think its legit?

Wretched
03-22-2006, 08:20 PM
haha, i just downloaded 10,000 days off limewire. Kinda weird that theres no singing in it. Think its legit? Except for the pot and rosetta stoned, where its acoustic reggae, but maynard sounds kinda weird on it. Think its legit?

Yeah.

trentazer
03-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Off topic question-
Is Choked done by Tool alone, or with another band, or guest this and that?

rsh
03-22-2006, 08:42 PM
search button

srsly

Idiotica
03-22-2006, 08:43 PM
it's maynard guest vocal on some drummers album - the ex-stickman for apc.

DavidG36
03-26-2006, 10:04 PM
I heard all the supposed leaks, none of them sounded real, simply because I can point out Danny's snare tone, and his drumming style.

HOWEVER, I think the Vicarious leak is real. It is a very Tool sounding riff, and it's kind of like a cross between Third Eye and 46 & 2. The guitarist is also sliding down the strings with his pick to get that gnawing sound effect, only Adam really does that frequently...

So the Vicarious leak is probably real, either that or someone tried really hard to sound like Tool.

dracomordag
03-26-2006, 10:05 PM
I heard all the supposed leaks, none of them sounded real, simply because I can point out Danny's snare tone, and his drumming style.

HOWEVER, I think the Vicarious leak is real. It is a very Tool sounding riff, and it's kind of like a cross between Third Eye and 46 & 2. The guitarist is also sliding down the strings with his pick to get that gnawing sound effect, only Adam really does that frequently...

So the Vicarious leak is probably real, either that or someone tried really hard to sound like Tool.

putfile that shit

Idiotica
03-26-2006, 11:26 PM
problem is no-one actually knows if vicarious is a single or not - these 'leaks' are based off the rumor mill and are most probably fake.

Havokb8
03-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Seriously, i promise the TOOL album will not leak first on LIMEWIRE...check IRCSPY.com every day, it will be there first, i promise.

Dimune
03-27-2006, 01:49 AM
I've heard the vicarious 'leak', and it was hard to tell if it was legit or not at first listen. The drumming was really basic, which gives away thats its not danny. Another thing you can just hear vocals in one part that have been turned down really low, so you can hardly hear them.

Boozy Eulogist
03-27-2006, 02:29 AM
it's maynard guest vocal on some drummers album - the ex-stickman for apc.

Tim Herb Alexander Drummed for APC?!

;-)

InertUniformity
03-27-2006, 03:13 AM
the vicarious leak is from fucking doom 3. if you dont believe it, then pick up the fuking game - the song starts at the beginning. its by a band called tweaker, its not tool. this has been said about 10,000 times but its worth saying again.

it doesnt even sound believe able IMO - the riff sounds just like lateralus.

Boozy Eulogist
03-27-2006, 03:18 AM
Chris Vrenna is a shit master.

Remember when Blair commented on it?

Paradigm619
03-27-2006, 06:12 AM
I'm going to download that "leak" (aka doom3) and record a new track over it, where I shittily sing the words "Doom 3" to the rhythm of that riff. Then I'll redistribute it en masse.

gerbil
03-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Tim Herb Alexander Drummed for APC?!

;-)

On The Hollow version on Mer de Noms.

ArizonaBay
03-27-2006, 07:11 AM

Its the doom soundtrack guarantee it, its not tool, sounds alot like them though.

waffel
03-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Its fuckin great how dumb some of your peopel are.

"its funny how there are no vocals" "it sounds nothing like tool" "danny's drums sound like this"

no shit it doesnt sound like them? Like its easy to find a band that sounds just like tool, has a lead singer that sounds like 'Nard, and drumming just like Danny's.

Everyone has such huge expectations of the album that I bet if a leak was released and posted most of the people would say "oh thats not tool" without giving it a second thought.

DirtyBanana
03-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Everyone has such huge expectations of the album that I bet if a leak was released and posted most of the people would say "oh thats not tool" without giving it a second thought.

jasonchristopher
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM

peopel. lol.

Goldfoot
03-27-2006, 03:02 PM
peopel. lol.

Don't forget your.

Holydirt
03-27-2006, 07:02 PM

"its funny how there are no vocals" "it sounds nothing like tool" "danny's drums sound like this"

no shit it doesnt sound like them? Like its easy to find a band that sounds just like tool, has a lead singer that sounds like 'Nard, and drumming just like Danny's.

I wasn't aware "No shit it doesn't sound like them" was a question.

Montague
03-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Chris Vrenna is a shit master.

Remember when Blair commented on it?

fuck you guys. Tweaker is absolutely awesome. just not that one track.

livingdecay
03-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Waffel. Dude. His fucking name is WAFFEL.

You can't take a person seriously who can't even spell waffle.

fraz
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM

sorry to barge in on the argument but if you can't put a space in between the 2 words of your name then you don't have much ground to stand on.

flipmojo
03-27-2006, 10:22 PM
When Vicarious leaks, please PM me with a info on where to get it.

psyco
03-28-2006, 02:49 PM
nevermind.....the one i got was the doom 3 soundtrack....pm where to get another supposed leak....im just curious!

clarity.
03-28-2006, 03:28 PM

Waffel > you

A Tad Bit Catatonic
03-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Damnit, I have to go to bed... Well good luck with this. God I cannot wait to hear it. And even if it hasn't really leaked yet, I can't believe it's only 20 days out now 'till we begin to hear it. 11 whole new Tool songs about ready to hit us like a Mack truck, I just cannot even imagine...

Aye, if someone would be so kind as to pm me with a link to the real thing when it hits, I would be forever grateful =P

A Tad Bit Catatonic
03-28-2006, 06:22 PM

Not dumb, just insanely rabidly desperate and craving some new Tool, it's been 5 years. And we all know that what we're waiting here for is going to be nothing short of FUCKING EPIC. And I'm pretty fucking sure most of us are gonna know it's them when we hear the first 3 notes ;).

Windir
03-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Solution found - no further reason to keep discussing it.