PDA

View Full Version : Interesting find...

Inner_Eulogy
03-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Here is a link that gives some background information for possible realtions to the track names' connections. Make sure to click on the words in blue as well like "occult" for instance and the others all show the possible connections to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10,000_Days

Andorion
03-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Wikipedia - by the people, for the people.

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-22-2006, 05:56 PM
old stuff....but still pretty interesting

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I like how it lists Die Eier Von Satan as a popular song

Happyfunball
03-22-2006, 06:31 PM
It's one I tell others about frequently. Perhaps in that sense it is indeed a popular song.

magnolia
03-22-2006, 06:37 PM
It's one I tell others about frequently. Perhaps in that sense it is indeed a popular song.
Agreed.

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-22-2006, 07:07 PM
I fucking love it, it is such an intnse song to blast out as loud as you can take, but I dont really think of it when I think of popular Tool songs.

Happyfunball
03-22-2006, 07:16 PM
In a commercial sense, absolutely not. And as for the way it's presented on Wiki, there's many other commercially successful Tool tunes that would better fit their list. In that regard, I've never once heard it played on the radio so it does seem pretty out of place.

Octopod
03-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Die Eier Von Satan is probably Tool's most machine-like piece. Super industrial.

RedVilliam
03-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Die Eier Von Satan is probably Tool's most machine-like piece. Super industrial.
I would take out the probably. Got to love a song about cooking Satan's balls though (at least I think that's what the translation said).

Exoskeletal
03-22-2006, 10:09 PM
It's a recepe to make hash cookies in the shape of balls :P

RedVilliam
03-22-2006, 10:16 PM
I knew it was a recepe to make something wasn't sure what though.

TurdEye13
03-23-2006, 12:16 PM
good find inner_eulogy.

tentonmantra
03-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Die Eier Von Satan is a joke not a song

new millenium cyanide christ
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Die Eier Von Satan is a joke not a song

wrong, its not a joke....nor is it a song...

von satan is very simple to analyze...it kinda relates to the whole "hooker with a penis" theme of basically not being fooled by whats on the outside, for you never truely know what lies underneath until you take a peak for yourself...

so, to understand von satan, you must realize that when we all listened to it for the 1st time, without knowing the lyrics, we all assumed it was some nazi dictator lashing out hateful and powerful diatribe....you assume this because of the tone he is speaking....but the reality is, is a recipe...

bottom line - scratching the surface does nothing, always dig deeper

dave.
03-23-2006, 02:30 PM
I like how it lists Die Eier Von Satan as a popular song
It's definitely my personal favourite.

TheHolyGift
03-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Why the hell are we talking about Die Eier Von Satan?

Xariable
03-23-2006, 02:42 PM

von satan is very simple to analyze...it kinda relates to the whole "hooker with a penis" theme of basically not being fooled by whats on the outside, for you never truely know what lies underneath until you take a peak for yourself...

so, to understand von satan, you must realize that when we all listened to it for the 1st time, without knowing the lyrics, we all assumed it was some nazi dictator lashing out hateful and powerful diatribe....you assume this because of the tone he is speaking....but the reality is, is a recipe...

Okay. That interpretation is good. I would say to the casual English-speaking listener that track conjured up the image of Hitler. However, I still laughed my ass off when I read the lyrics. I think it is also a joke. Nor would it be the only joke, or fun-loving part, on the album

Octopod
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM

Very well put. I would also add that it relates well to the slip-case concept used for Lateralus, with all the surface info, recording specifics and dark associations brought to the surface (a machine/electronic type skin) while the art/music (the things of most worth) are revealed once the slip case is removed. In this way, Die Eier Von Satan informs the interpretation of Tool's entire catalog.

"I want to know what I've been hiding in my shadow"

new millenium cyanide christ
03-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Very well put. I would also add that it relates well to the slip-case concept used for Lateralus, with all the surface info, recording specifics and dark associations brought to the surface (a machine/electronic type skin) while the art/music (the things of most worth) are revealed once the slip case is removed. In this way, Die Eier Von Satan informs the interpretation of Tool's entire catalog.

could not agree with you more about the slip cover case, excellent point.

"I want to know what I've been hiding in my shadow"

well, when you figure it out, let us all know, i'm interested =)

orange.juice
03-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Die Eier von Satan works only for non-Krauts. :(

hateAliases
03-23-2006, 03:57 PM
wer von euch säcken is eigentlich aus deutschland!? ich erwarte das diejenigen wo deutsch sind, sich in irgend einer form bemerkbar machen. Hab eher weniger bock auf so ends bekackte "i am deutschenland!" bullshit-kommentare...

frag aus neugier....

bye

Inner_Eulogy
03-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Why the hell are we talking about Die Eier Von Satan?

No kiddin, it was started as discussion about that link and the theories that may be behind some of the songs, especially if any of you have read into the vigenti tres (or 23) background....there's a whole lot of stuff on that.

(edit) I think it's about Michael Jordan...his number was 23

hateAliases
03-25-2006, 01:56 AM
hah... und schon sind se alle ruhig wieeeee geil is das denn....

#Notion
03-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Back on topic...

Maynard saying that 'viginti tres' was their 'walk-out' track and now knowing that it is a term coined for use as meaning something like a 'walk-out', i think i finally believe th tracklisting

orange.juice
03-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Wer von euch Säcken ist eigentlich aus Deutschland!? Ich erwarte, dass diejenigen die deutsch sind sich in irgendeiner Form bemerkbar machen. Hab eher weniger Bock auf unangebrachte "i am deutschenland!" Rinderkack-Kommentare...

Frage aus Neugier....

Tschüsle
fixed. Depperl.

Light Reflections
03-25-2006, 12:20 PM
pwnt.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Haha, anything but, my goodly friend.
Inners experienced in many ways *blushes*
lol

Inner_Eulogy
04-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Haha, anything but, my goodly friend.
Inners experienced in many ways *blushes*
lol

Swall's just looking for reasons to be the bitch he is. It's cool.

Master_Of_Nothing
04-01-2009, 11:04 PM
bumping threads is annoying too.