PDA

View Full Version : Blairs comment about the ARt

fearxile
03-22-2006, 12:31 AM
This was just posted

Some of you may have seen the album mini for Tool’s 10,000 Days on Amazon and on other sites that was posted ONE DAY after we showed it to you on this site (which is what we expected, and why we posted it when we did). Now that it’s out there for all to see, hopefully some of you who have been asking what exactly an album mini is might have a better idea. For those who still don’t know, it’s what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD). Okay? Now, I can hear some of you saying to yourself: “But why does the image on Amazon and the other sites have the logo and album title superimposed over the artwork… when the image on the Tool websites doesn’t?” The answer is quite simple. Because Amazon and others need to include the band’s name and album title along with the artwork so that potential customers will know whose CD it is (don’t ask me why). With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging. However, we also wanted to give you a look at the new logo, so we placed it above the album mini. Okay? Just one last thing for now: I’ve been reading many of the comments on the TA message board (as well as those flooding my in-box) about this particular piece of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate some of your personal thoughts and perceptive insight into the symbology and deeper levels of the striking imagery. It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating ‘the bigger picture’ – that which you’ve become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool’s art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed… and that the key is right there before your very eyes.

BMB

SuperSteve
03-22-2006, 12:36 AM
I believe.

Goldfoot
03-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah I just read it. He doesn't say it's the COVER so it's probably not.

Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 12:38 AM
Yeah I just read it. He doesn't say it's the COVER so it's probably not.

Just one last thing for now: I’ve been reading many of the comments on the TA message board (as well as those flooding my in-box) about this particular piece of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate some of your personal thoughts and perceptive insight into the symbology and deeper levels of the striking imagery.

read again

Edit: Also.... does anyone else think that "must display band name and album title on artwork" thing is bullshit? Maybe it applies only for new CD's but Aenima and Undertow on amazon don't have that information on their artwork. I'm sure this is the same for many other albums as well.

fearxile
03-22-2006, 12:39 AM
Yeh I got the impression its not the cover art cause he said they added the logo to the top to show us what the logo looks like, plus its not aligned. This is just one small piece of the artwork. The cover will be amazing.

STA
03-22-2006, 12:46 AM
The key is right there before our very eyes? I wonder if the logo lines up in some special way with the artwork when it's superimposed in the right way. Just a thought. I don't have the skills myself to investigate this sort of thing.

TickTock
"It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating ‘the bigger picture’ – that which you’ve become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool’s art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed… and that the key is right there before your very eyes."

??? what key may he be talking about??

maybe that the new logo kinda looks like it says "fool"?

Goldfoot
Then obviously illiteracy excites you, because there are at least two members of this thread who can't read.

You really like to be a dick don't you? Ryan can be excited wheter I read it wrong or not. My actions don't affect his life.

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Very cool. I like how Blair jumped in and cleared things up. He called it a "mini", which he said, "it’s what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD)." So that means that image is probably not the cover. It is artwork that will be tied to 10,000 Days in some way. They are just using it for advertising purposes right now.

His post also confirms that the logo is legit. That is what the new Tool logo will look like on the CD, and on ALL the new merchandise from this album. So you better get used to it - or stay back in the Lateralus days.

Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 12:50 AM
...about this particular piece of COVER art, and I just wanted to tell you how much...

Has no one else seen this part of the post? Am I going crazy?

Tyson
03-22-2006, 12:52 AM
The noses on each side look like limp penises, that is the key.

Anomaly
The Key is right there before your very eyes.

possibly the album artwork contains an image of a KEY

maybe with a mirror so that you see yourself.

SuperSteve
To the hidden vagina that will be layered behind it.

Ryan
03-22-2006, 12:53 AM
remember the placeholder image that amazon had for lateralus for the looongest time? this thing? (http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005J7I5.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) was that just a promo image, or a variation of the artwork on an import release? i hear mixed things about it.

Tyson
03-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Maybe this is the cover for the promo single which will be going out soon.

Gratis
03-22-2006, 12:54 AM
I wonder if it's a coincidence that adam filed the image under STEREOSCOPIC? Have fun.

Goldfoot
03-22-2006, 12:57 AM

"Piece of cover art" doesn't mean "album cover art." Blair even says there is a bigger picture.

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 12:57 AM

I think you should bold it like this.

...about this particular PIECE of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much...

Natalie Portman
03-22-2006, 12:59 AM
His post also confirms that the logo is legit. That is what the new Tool logo will look like on the CD, and on ALL the new merchandise from this album. So you better get used to it - or stay back in the Lateralus days.
Yay, now we all get to walk around wearing shirts that say "fool" on them haha! I guess it's not much worse that wearing a shirt that says TOOL all over it if you think about it. And, I am now convinced that this is the real album title, track list, and that this artwork will be included with the album in some form. It may not be the cover though, or it may appear in some altered form.

Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 12:59 AM
"Piece of cover art" doesn't mean "album cover art." Blair even says there is a bigger picture.

"With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging."

But whatever, it's not worth the senseless debate. This shouldn't turn into the Bill Clinton trial.

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Yay, now we all get to walk around wearing shirts that say "fool" on them.

Only in your eyes.

gl0tch
03-22-2006, 01:01 AM
The key is right there before our very eyes. Yes. It says we are a FOOL.

STA
At least Blair had the courtesy to comment on the artwork before posting about a Butcher show that no one cares about.

flipmojo
"With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging."

He meant that "that piece" will not have the logo or that 10,000 Days logo on it.

Natalie Portman
03-22-2006, 01:02 AM
I wonder if it's a coincidence that adam filed the image under STEREOSCOPIC? Have fun.
And Adam did send out a bulletin on Myspace just like 2 or 3 days ago about making stereoscopic images... I wouldn't be surprised if much of the artwork was stereoscopic.... thus Blair's comment about the key being right in front of our eyes would make a bit more sense.

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 01:02 AM

Maybe that is the key. The logo is a mirror and all the real FOOLS out there see FOOL when the read the logo. It must gaze into your soul. Ooooo...

Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 01:03 AM
He meant that "that piece" will not have the logo or that 10,000 Days logo on it.

I'm not going to debate semantics. Truth of the matter is no one really knows what the fuck Blair means.

There's no need to turn this into the Clinton trial.

TickTock
03-22-2006, 01:03 AM
i thought i had seen this cover somewhere before!

http://www.hughie.com/images/Dangerous.JPG

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm not going to debate semantics. Truth of the matter is no one really knows what the fuck Blair means.

There's no need to turn this into the Clinton trial.

Call it a debate if you want. I call it "clarifying the post".

Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 01:04 AM

Best post all night.

TickTock
03-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Best post all night.

woot i can go to bed now!

Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Call it a debate if you want. I call it "clarifying the post".

That's the funny thing about language. It's interpretive. I can see it how you are reading it, as well as how I mentioned earlier. It could honestly go either way. You could say the Mona Lisa is a piece of art, does that mean it's a smaller piece of something larger? Not necessarily.

Whatever, I'm done. I'm going to sleep.

Natalie Portman
03-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Maybe that is the key. The logo is a mirror and all the real FOOLS out there see FOOL when the read the logo. It must gaze into your soul. Ooooo...
Dude, it does look like fool. If there were no such band as TOOL, and you walked around with a shirt on that said TOOL for no reason, people would think you were a... tool. I'm sure they intended it to look like it says fool, so the uninitiated won't understand or something. To us it's tool, of course, but to others without open minds we look like fools when wearing the new shirts that will inevitably come out.

NoD

I barely trained my eyes right now to see those images on adam's site in 3d finally and, damn, it actually is very cool :D. but i'm not picking up anything on the artwork though.

STA
Someone put two images of the "cover art" side-by-side and cross his eyes and see what happens. I can never get those things to work, it just gives me a headache.

Anomaly
03-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Dude, it does look like fool. If there were no such band as TOOL, and you walked around with a shirt on that said TOOL for no reason, people would think you were a... tool. I'm sure they intended it to look like it says fool, so the uninitiated won't understand or something. To us it's tool, of course, but to others without open minds we look like fools when wearing the new shirts that will inevitably come out.

who is the "initiated"

dissonance19
maybe it's a sleeve like lateralus has? who knows? Not sure about the key though.

Natalie Portman
indeed. me as well. this will be a good thread in the morning.

Natalie Portman
03-22-2006, 01:09 AM
who is the "initiated"
who are? we are... the people who are familiar with tool, and understand their logos.

Anomaly
03-22-2006, 01:10 AM
i wasn't ever initiated.

Natalie Portman
03-22-2006, 01:11 AM
i wasn't ever initiated.
you know their logo when you see it. you know what I mean.

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 01:12 AM
That's the funny thing about language. It's interpretive. I can see it how you are reading it, as well as how I mentioned earlier. It could honestly go either way. You could say the Mona Lisa is a piece of art, does that mean it's a smaller piece of something larger? Not necessarily.

This folks is a perfect example of the word... "stubborn". I see alot of that around here. Bad things usually come to stubborn people. Be careful. Goodnight.

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 01:12 AM

Dude.... LOL.

It is time for this thread to go to shit now. I'm out. Bub-bye.

grudgefist
03-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Hey Dont Know About You Guys But I Took The Image Into Paint And Made IT a Little Bigger.
Makke The Image A Little Bigger , look at the guys third eye inbetween his eyebrows and when i do this i see a word that says "cold" or something like that its hard to read does anyone have any software that they could use to see what it says The Same thing applys if you look just under the guys lip on our right hand side of the guys face theres a word but this ones a little hard to decipher.

Mayeb this is a key - a hidden word telling us instructions or telling us we have been fooled

Just a suggestion

Boozy Eulogist
03-22-2006, 01:21 AM
You guys need to put down the Da Vinci Code.

Right now.

Goldfoot
03-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey Dont Know About You Guys But I Took The Image Into Paint And Made IT a Little Bigger.
Makke The Image A Little Bigger , look at the guys third eye inbetween his eyebrows and when i do this i see a word that says "cold" or something like that its hard to read

It's a watermark that says "©TOOLBAND".

Natalie Portman
03-22-2006, 01:23 AM
It's a watermark that says "©TOOLBAND".
ahaha ownt!

grudgefist
03-22-2006, 01:24 AM
oops sorry guys just thought it may be a hidden message

Natalie Portman
03-22-2006, 01:25 AM
oops sorry guys just thought it may be a hidden message
it's ok, good eye though! keep lookin, maybe something else will turn up.

Boozy Eulogist
03-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Take some acid...

The Sacred Mirrors came from a trip.

Maybe it can open your eye that wide too ;)

kava
03-22-2006, 01:30 AM
yo, theres 2 water marks, the one in the middle that says toolband but theres one in the top that i cant make out

kava
03-22-2006, 01:31 AM
fould maybe????

spiralout987
03-22-2006, 01:32 AM
3- top middle bottom

kava
03-22-2006, 01:33 AM
oh shit, all three say toolband...

Goldfoot
03-22-2006, 01:42 AM
At least Blair had the courtesy to comment on the artwork before posting about a Butcher show that no one cares about.

Speaking of that..............

22 Mar 06
BUTCHER

I’ve posted the info for some upcoming BUTCHER shows (with ISIS) below, but I also want to add that the band will be performing on MARCH 29th at THE SCENE with MOTHER TONGUE (in which Sasha also pounds the hell out of his drums) and WULF HAMMIR (in which he doesn’t – I’m pretty sure). THE SCENE is located at 806 E. Colorado St., Glendale, CA. Doors open at 8 PM/$5. On a more personal note, tonight Camella played me some new Butcher music, and I must say… it’s heavy… it’s dramatic (even husband Adam agrees). As always, we hope to see you there. Here’s a link for you:http://www.butcherband.com/index_frame.html

Boozy Eulogist
03-22-2006, 01:45 AM
frames blair, frames

death_2_usa
03-22-2006, 02:27 AM
the key to decifering the album art is lost... Lost keys... Wasnt the norse god of mischief called Loki... seems ALMOST like a hint to the fakeness of EVERYTHING... I win!

Lost Keys
03-22-2006, 02:43 AM
I bet his last comment was thrown in there inspired by this anothertediousjaunt character. it's just right before our eyes!! obvious as ever!!

communicate
wipe
seek

TOOLEK
03-22-2006, 03:50 AM
Thank You Blair.

Perseensilmä
03-22-2006, 04:06 AM
I’ve been reading many of the comments on the TA message board (as well as those flooding my in-box) about this particular piece of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate some of your personal thoughts and perceptive insight into the symbology and deeper levels of the striking imagery.

Is he being sarcastic or are the Tool Army dudes really different than TDN-dudes? I mean, people have kinda said that this pic sucks and so on or they would like to kill theirselves/someone else/cut off their penis or do something violent if that´s the cover. I haven´t heard people talking about the symbology or deeper levels of this striking imagery.

tentonmantra
03-22-2006, 04:16 AM
Someone put two images of the "cover art" side-by-side and cross his eyes and see what happens. I can never get those things to work, it just gives me a headache.

you need 2 different images to make it work.
your left eye don´t seem the exact same image than your right eye.

for god´s sake....

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 04:18 AM
LOL guys, it's funny.
Read again:
Just one last thing for now: I’ve been reading many of the comments on the TA message board (as well as those flooding my in-box) about this particular piece of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate some of your personal thoughts and perceptive insight into the symbology and deeper levels of the striking imagery. It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating ‘the bigger picture’ – that which you’ve become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool’s art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed… and that the key is right there before your very eyes.
it is definitely a hoax. the key is right before your eyes. It is the "fool" logo, this is the prank. There is no doubt about it. I mean, he must have received tons of e-mails with people telling him how they think it's a hoax, this is what he is talking about when he says "i appreciate some of your personal thoughts".

It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating ‘the bigger picture’ – that which you’ve become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool’s art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed…
here he talks about fucking US, and all the people who already figured out the joke, and confirms it as a joke.

This is NOT the new Tool logo. It is the build up towards their April Fools prank. The remaining days until April will be fun.

sularetal
03-22-2006, 04:25 AM
I hate build ups, a good april joke can only be made on the day itself and not with a build up.

You can't have an orgasm without a good build up. lol

jaraber527
03-22-2006, 04:27 AM
2 things...
1.) W/Adams talk of StereoScopic images, I decided to try and make one w/the 10k Days cover. I've never been able to actually SEE these things, so who knows if I did it right....
Anywho, here it is:
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8296/10kdst3nv.jpg

2.)Anyone notice on Adam's myspace site that the cover for 10k days has been posted (and is a little different...the band logo/title is on the album).

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 04:28 AM
I hate build ups, a good april joke can only be made on the day itself and not with a build up.
true, but tell the band. Well i think it's justified, let them have their fun.
What bothers me, is that the tracklisting and album title are most probably fake too now. I used to like them.

CCD
03-22-2006, 04:37 AM
Look at the 'days' portion of the 'new album art'.

Now look at it upside down. What does it say?

stinkfish
03-22-2006, 04:39 AM
I'm holding my breath. Please, please let the album title and track listing be fake.

PLEASE.

I BELIEVE.

tentonmantra
03-22-2006, 04:43 AM
2 things...
1.) W/Adams talk of StereoScopic images, I decided to try and make one w/the 10k Days cover. I've never been able to actually SEE these things, so who knows if I did it right....
Anywho, here it is:

that´s wrong, cause lightning is inversed. sorry. it´s not just mirrored. the images must be in slightly different angles and horizontal axis poisitioning just like your fucking eyes.

amhx147
03-22-2006, 04:46 AM
Look at the 'days' portion of the 'new album art'.

Now look at it upside down. What does it say?

it says shep..... damn.. thats deep

mmortal03
03-22-2006, 04:58 AM
2 things...
Anywho, here it is:

2.)Anyone notice on Adam's myspace site that the cover for 10k days has been posted (and is a little different...the band logo/title is on the album).

The whole reason everyone is talking about the stereoscopic images related to the album artwork is because Adam posted the pic on his myspace page in the STEREOSCOPIC directory:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/fork666/STEREOSCOPIC/10000Tfiealus_.jpg

I wonder if there is any significance to the name of the pic after the '10000': 10000Tfiealus?

stu
03-22-2006, 05:10 AM
y is every1 sayin 10kdays?

i thought we agreed on ttd! lol :mean face:

the great collapse
03-22-2006, 05:14 AM
i dunno lol

might as well say ten thousand days its just as long i htink the idiots missed the point! lol jk T_T

mattw
03-22-2006, 05:17 AM
it says shep..... damn.. thats deep

I think he means that it could be close to "sheep", as in we are all following like sheep and apparently being spoon-fed info like we are all brain-dead etc.

If it is all a joke by the band, so far it makes sense:

1) The logo can be interpreted to say "fool"

2) Putting the album artwork picture next to itself (stereoscopic pic) produces an image of a raised middle-finger salute etc.

3) "Days" upside down could be read as "Shep" perhaps implying "Sheep"

4) Blair's latest post about people seeing the "bigger picture" and that the answer is right in front of us - i.e. some have called his bluff and this is a partial admission...

5) April Fool's Day just around the corner (Obviously)

6) Tool love fucking with people... (again, well-known)

Or it could all be real - either way I'm going to bed!

stu
03-22-2006, 05:18 AM
lol ya
yesterday i was at th movie and i saw previews 4 the new fast and furios: tokyo drift
and i was like omg were's vin disel??????!? lmao there are some h0t chineese chiks tho lol
schwing lol

waffel
03-22-2006, 05:32 AM
Blair just took a shit! Lets all talk about it!

The name of the album, the tracklist, and the artwork is all building up to a huge april fools day joke. Its so obvious.

NetEther
03-22-2006, 05:38 AM
Just messin' around, I flipped the image, then made it partially transparent and superimposed it over the original.

Almost looks like it could be 3D or something, and kinda makes the image "look" straight at you.

Oh, and hi. :)

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8007271681.jpg&s=x11

benfti
03-22-2006, 05:43 AM
its not a sailboat its a scooner

benfti
03-22-2006, 05:45 AM
I heard a rumour that the pic that we are seeing is just a sleave that goes over the top, like the lateralus one, and when slid off it reveals a mirror, so any one who thinks everything is fake can take a good hard look at themselves

Animus X torsi
03-22-2006, 05:52 AM
thats bullshit. i don't think tool cares that much about whether people doubted them or not.

bozziodrummer000
03-22-2006, 05:59 AM
2 things...
Anywho, here it is:

Lol if you focus on the space between the two heads... it looks like a dude screaming with huge man boobs... and an extremely elongated head? teh p0t monstAr?

meatstick
03-22-2006, 06:05 AM
Lol if you focus on the space between the two heads... it looks like a dude screaming with huge man boobs... and an extremely elongated head? teh p0t monstAr?

I agree. I just noticed that. This art also reminds me of a santana cover from one of their first albums. An african tiger/woman head with hidden faces.
Maybe Carlos will be a contributor....

mike tyson
03-22-2006, 06:05 AM
Once again, this is all mad confusing.. I'll wait til the cd is in my hands.

bonus.cheese
03-22-2006, 06:07 AM
I heard a rumour that the pic that we are seeing is just a sleave that goes over the top, like the lateralus one, and when slid off it reveals a mirror, so any one who thinks everything is fake can take a good hard look at themselves

Thats a pretty bad rumour, I must say.

Animus X torsi
03-22-2006, 06:11 AM
i think the eyes theme is a bit redundant, and the before your eyes riddle. i hate that.

5th Eye
03-22-2006, 06:20 AM
I thought it said "shop". Y'know. Like "Buy...maahhh new record..."

meatstick
03-22-2006, 06:22 AM
When I started participating in this forum, I promised myself I wouldn't get too involved. Then, here I am at 1:00 am looking crosseyed at some p[ossible Tool art in the mirror. I live a sad life.

idontmind462
03-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Weolcome to the life of y00|.

meatstick
03-22-2006, 06:30 AM
It can only go up from here.

idontmind462
03-22-2006, 06:32 AM
You'd think that...

bluefire
03-22-2006, 06:33 AM
goddamn, this can't really be the art. Can it.....?

Fuck.

idontmind462
03-22-2006, 06:35 AM
it can... it isn't... but, it can.

meatstick
03-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Not sure, I like it, but I hope its not the album cover.
I am already crosseyed looking for codes...So I am beginning to hate Tool.

Is that you mom?

zenkinet
03-22-2006, 07:13 AM
maybe the cover will do something like this...
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4548/conceptgif0gm.gif

STA
03-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Just messin' around, I flipped the image, then made it partially transparent and superimposed it over the original.

Almost looks like it could be 3D or something, and kinda makes the image "look" straight at you.

Oh, and hi. :)

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8007271681.jpg&s=x11

You did what? Whatever it was, it seems to have produced a Tool wrench from the middle nose up to the top of the head.

stinkfish
03-22-2006, 07:17 AM

whoow. can't stop staring at it. makes me go dizzy

Fritz
03-22-2006, 07:18 AM

wow that is badass,

in response to the person that made that stereoscopic image, you did it right and it is a working stereoscopic image, cool nanners

NetEther
03-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Heh, I didn't notice that before.

Wow, I like the animated .gif That's pretty cool.

Whatever the album cover and such turns out to be, at least we're being kept occupied for awhile. =]

zenkinet
03-22-2006, 07:20 AM
glad you guys like it.

thevirusunknown
03-22-2006, 07:40 AM
I still don't like that they are using an old picture but whatever, I'm sure it'll turn out cool when we actually have the cd.

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 07:59 AM
some people are slower than others...

Fit4Demolition
03-22-2006, 08:14 AM

thats the first thing i saw when i looked at that picture, haha.

harmonyofdissonance
03-22-2006, 08:24 AM
I dont know, if this has already been said, but the cover on adams myspace site is uploaded on this page:

Please look for the stereoscopic in the adress, the picture is ment to be stereoscopic, otherwise, he hadnt saved it on this folder....
This is the Cover.....

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL, its saved under albums and stereoscopic.....

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 08:32 AM
OMG IT MUST BE TRUE!

harmonyofdissonance
03-22-2006, 08:32 AM
sorry it gets shortened....

.....bucket.com/albums/a14/fork666/STEREOSCOPIC/10000Tfiealus_.jpg

Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 08:33 AM
in response to the person that made that stereoscopic image, you did it right and it is a working stereoscopic image, cool nanners

No it's not. Figure out what a stereoscopic image is and then realize you can't make one with only this one file.

chalimar
03-22-2006, 08:36 AM
No it's not. Figure out what a stereoscopic image is and then realize you can't make one with only this one file.

Finally someone said it. Thank you so much.

TheRuleOfThree
03-22-2006, 08:39 AM
I love it.

Hopefully people will shut up, although I'm sure there are plenty that think it's still fake. Whatever.

zenkinet
03-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Exactly, my image is merely an animation, and the other one above mine is not stereoscopic its merely a reflection put together.
Stereoscopic images imitates the function on both left and right eyes.
Sight is based on what both eyes see together.
The left image is what your left eye would see, and the right image would be what the right eye sees.

Hilikus
03-22-2006, 08:51 AM
anyone notice that there are words behind the art on toolband? this seems to be missing from the pic on amazon

amhx147
03-22-2006, 08:53 AM
I think he means that it could be close to "sheep", as in we are all following like sheep and apparently being spoon-fed info like we are all brain-dead etc.

If it is all a joke by the band, so far it makes sense:

1) The logo can be interpreted to say "fool"

2) Putting the album artwork picture next to itself (stereoscopic pic) produces an image of a raised middle-finger salute etc.

3) "Days" upside down could be read as "Shep" perhaps implying "Sheep"

4) Blair's latest post about people seeing the "bigger picture" and that the answer is right in front of us - i.e. some have called his bluff and this is a partial admission...

5) April Fool's Day just around the corner (Obviously)

6) Tool love fucking with people... (again, well-known)

Or it could all be real - either way I'm going to bed!

its a middle finger. thats fucking awesome. :) blair did say it was right infront of us....

Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 08:54 AM
anyone notice that there are words behind the art on toolband? this seems to be missing from the pic on amazon

Read this thread and others. It's been brought up about 10 times.

chalimar
03-22-2006, 09:01 AM

It says "TOOLBAND (C)" and I really wonder if you're all kinda blind or have very dark screens.

mike tyson
03-22-2006, 09:05 AM
It says "TOOLBAND (C)" and I really wonder if you're all kinda blind or have very dark screens.

It's been said before.

I really wonder if you can't read or just don't know anything.

chalimar
03-22-2006, 09:11 AM
It's been said before.

I really wonder if you can't read or just don't know anything.

I know it's been said before. But since it's asked over and over again I thought I'll answer it on this page.

Gratis
03-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Finally someone said it. Thank you so much.Agreed.
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6453/webofbeing5mh.jpg

I just couldn't imagine adam using alex grey's art for a hoax cd. In the same vein, I would expect the posted cover art to be left oriented as it appears in the painting. Which leads me to believe we are looking at the back cover art.

Possibly a left page of the liner notes, but again, the painting is just too kickass for that in my opinion.

mike tyson
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
I REALLY hope it's the back cover art if anything.

Gratis
03-22-2006, 09:38 AM
I REALLY hope it's the back cover art if anything.Well, that would throw the stereoscopic idea out the window; they don't work too well with only half the image.

Ertai
03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6453/webofbeing5mh.jpg

so is alex greys actual painting a true stereoscopic image?

gl0tch
03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Probably not.

Inner_Eulogy
03-22-2006, 10:29 AM
2 things...
Anywho, here it is:

Ya' know, I noticed 2 different things from those pictures side by side. 1) The middle looks like a hand flicking me off from the bottom. Or 2) when you try to cross your eyes looking at it the 2 middle side view faces become the shape of an alien head facing foward looking at me. That's just my take on it though.

ProdigyDub
03-22-2006, 10:37 AM
LOL guys, it's funny.
Read again:

it is definitely a hoax. the key is right before your eyes. It is the "fool" logo, this is the prank. There is no doubt about it. I mean, he must have received tons of e-mails with people telling him how they think it's a hoax, this is what he is talking about when he says "i appreciate some of your personal thoughts".

here he talks about fucking US, and all the people who already figured out the joke, and confirms it as a joke.

This is NOT the new Tool logo. It is the build up towards their April Fools prank. The remaining days until April will be fun.

You have absolutely no idea if it's a hoax. "It is definitely a hoax" is such a ridiculous comment it's unreal.

Cid
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beets

ProdigyDub
03-22-2006, 10:41 AM
I love it.

Hopefully people will shut up, although I'm sure there are plenty that think it's still fake. Whatever.

No matter what blair posts, some people read it as him hinting that this is a hoax.

He could seriously say "10,000 Days IS the name of the album--and nothing that has been posted is a hoax in any way shape or form." and people on TDN would be like "Notice how he capitalized 'IS'? Maybe I and S stand for something...omg I'm convinced the album is a hoax!"

jasonchristopher
03-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I dont know, if this has already been said, but the cover on adams myspace site is uploaded on this page:

Please look for the stereoscopic in the adress, the picture is ment to be stereoscopic, otherwise, he hadnt saved it on this folder....
This is the Cover.....

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL, its saved under albums and stereoscopic.....

when it says "albums" it means photoalbums.

noisetherapy
03-22-2006, 11:11 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beets

i love the beets. skeeter was a crazy drug addict.

anyways with what cover with 'tool - 10 000 days' on it...

let me just say this, hearing isnt believing, lies can be told by anyone. seeing isnt believing, blaine, copperfield, or that mind freak guy, they use illusions to trick you. the human touch is as legit as you can get. sure this stuff may be true, but may i remind you, tool does not care for your theories and whatnot. they will do what it takes to get what they want. they wanted a leak free release. and i feel. that this seems like their attempt.

not saying, im just saying.

zenkinet
03-22-2006, 11:40 AM
10000Tfiealus_.jpg

ALUS??

LATER"ALUS"

Inner_Eulogy
03-22-2006, 12:03 PM
10000Tfiealus_.jpg

ALUS??

LATER"ALUS"

HUH?

zenkinet
03-22-2006, 12:08 PM
HUH?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/
a14/fork666/STEREOSCOPIC/10000Tfiealus_.jpg
10000Tfiealus_.jpg < ends with ALUS which is the end of LATERALUS

liquidswordz
03-22-2006, 12:18 PM
blair is talking about the key to the "bigger picture" meaning tool would never release just a regular picture for an album cover. i think the "key" is that the pic isnt symmetrical which leads me to believe it might be some sort of crazy hologram where the faces will appear to be moving.

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 12:24 PM
You have absolutely no idea if it's a hoax. "It is definitely a hoax" is such a ridiculous comment it's unreal.
No it's not. I have switched sides after the ridiculous cover art and logo was posted, and am even more convinced now after Blair's post. Before that, we could only make vague guesses whether or not the title and tracklist are real, but now...
The idea just struck me when i saw that stuff.
but hell you're right, nobody knows for sure.

Goldfoot
03-22-2006, 12:27 PM
No it's not. I have switched sides after the ridiculous cover art and logo was posted, and am even more convinced now after Blair's post. Before that, we could only make vague guesses whether or not the title and tracklist are real, but now...
The idea just struck me when i saw that stuff.
but hell you're right, nobody knows for sure.

But if you believe a certain thing, your brain looks for things to support it. Just because the t looks like an f doesn't mean that THAT is what Blair is referring to.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but when you want to find something bad enough, you will find it everywhere.

zenkinet
03-22-2006, 12:29 PM
blair is talking about the key to the "bigger picture" meaning tool would never release just a regular picture for an album cover. i think the "key" is that the pic isnt symmetrical which leads me to believe it might be some sort of crazy hologram where the faces will appear to be moving.
like so...

cheba63
03-22-2006, 12:33 PM
"the key is right there before your very eyes."

Lyrics to lost keys.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-22-2006, 12:40 PM
"the key is right there before your very eyes."

Lyrics to lost keys.

Or Blair likes to pretend he is 'Jigsaw' and we actually have keys in our eyes.

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 12:50 PM
But if you believe a certain thing, your brain looks for things to support it. Just because the t looks like an f doesn't mean that THAT is what Blair is referring to.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but when you want to find something bad enough, you will find it everywhere.
true, that's why i always tried to stay out of the "teh tracklist is fake" wagon. I didn't give a fuck about Systolic's conspiracy theories, and thought oh well, they won't pull that same Systema Encephale hoax again. But the last couple of days changed my mind. Look, it's not only that the logo says "fool", but also its typographical quality is so low, any second grade design student would have a good laugh looking at it.

They must have hired somebody to do art direction on their album cover, it is predictable that this will be a multi million times selling record, available from almost every single record store on the western hemisphere. They want this album to be special, epic, and whatnot. Everyone would want that if they would release a record. Tool has the money to make their artwork special, see Lateralus. Except for i don't like Alex Grey's work, i think the Latrealus cover was pretty well made on the technical level of design. It's not perfect (what IS perfect?) but the alignment of the letters in the logo, choice of colors, those "mechanical" lines and all had certainly a concept behind it. They sure want top their work on Lateralus with something beautiful.

Now, we only have sort of "snippets" from the "upcoming artwork for Tenthousand Days", their long awaited new album. Why would the first graphical impression of it, although it must be finished by now, be of such horrible quality? Everyone is looking at their website in anticipation of what to come, and then they release an ugly logo. In a design class, one would get a D at best for such a sketch of a logo. Well, this convinced me of it being a hoax. If this logo should make it onto the final artwork, i will be convinced of Tool's (Mr. Jones' or whoever is in charge) awful taste.

Discuss.

Inner_Eulogy
03-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Aside from the conspiracy theories for a moment....In my opinion the artwork looks similar to that of an ancient Mayan or Aztec design crossed with the third eye designs. Mayas and/or the Aztec are both from what we currently know these days quite mysterious similarily as the ancient egyptians were. Instead of trying to explain it myself below is a copy of an interesting find. May or may not have anything to do with this but, interesting nonetheless:

The ancient Mayan astronomers accurately predicted, over 1500 years ago, the exact alignment of the Earth, the Sun, the star cluster Pleiades and of the center of our Galaxy that will take place at the end of the present long cycle on the Gregorian year 2012. On the Mayan Long Calendar the day designated as 4 Ahau 3 Kankin (13.0.0.0.0) falls on December 21, 2012 and this day will mark "El Fin de los Tiempos" or the end of the long cycle at which time humanity will experience a new beginning. On this day, according to the Mayas and subsequent Meso-American civilizations, the return of Kukulcan (Quetzalcoatl) will take place.

On December 21, 2012 which coincides with the Winter Solstice and as the Sun sets west of Chichen-Itza, a pattern of shadow and light will project the Plumed Serpent (Quetzalcoatl) descending on the stairs of the pyramid that has a large head of a serpent sculpted in rock at the base. This occurs twice in Chichen Itza every year but on the Winter Solstice of December 21, 2012 something very special will happen. As the Sun sets in the early afternoon, the shadow of the pyramid's northwest edge will project a moving pattern of light that joins and illuminates the sculpted serpent head at the base of the stairway. Within a thirty-four minute period, the serpent, formed by this play of light and shadow will appear to descend to the earth, as the sun leaves each stair, going from the top to the bottom. This combined effect creates the visual appearance of the body of the serpent descending the pyramid. In addition, on December 21, 2012, the tail of the serpent projected up from the top of the pyramid will be pointing precisely to the star cluster Pleiades. The pyramids at Teotihuacán which means "City of the Gods", constructed by a Meso-American civilization just north of Mexico City that preceded the Mayas, are also aligned to the Pleiades as are the Egyptian pyramids at Giza. This is not all, on December 21, 2012 at around 11:11 universal time, there will be a precise alignment of our Sun with the Galactic center (Hunab Ku).

- However, 10,000days equals 27.somthing years which would be far too much - any thoughts?

sleaz1
03-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else on these boards, but searching through all the posts is mind numbing. But i was thinking that maybe the album art will be a peice of a larger artwork that unfolds into a poster of sorts. That would be fuckin cool in my opinion. And it would fit the 'part of a larger artwork' idea.

gl0tch
03-22-2006, 02:24 PM
true, that's why i always tried to stay out of the "teh tracklist is fake" wagon. I didn't give a fuck about Systolic's conspiracy theories, and thought oh well, they won't pull that same Systema Encephale hoax again. But the last couple of days changed my mind. Look, it's not only that the logo says "fool", but also its typographical quality is so low, any second grade design student would have a good laugh looking at it.

They must have hired somebody to do art direction on their album cover, it is predictable that this will be a multi million times selling record, available from almost every single record store on the western hemisphere. They want this album to be special, epic, and whatnot. Everyone would want that if they would release a record. Tool has the money to make their artwork special, see Lateralus. Except for i don't like Alex Grey's work, i think the Latrealus cover was pretty well made on the technical level of design. It's not perfect (what IS perfect?) but the alignment of the letters in the logo, choice of colors, those "mechanical" lines and all had certainly a concept behind it. They sure want top their work on Lateralus with something beautiful.

Now, we only have sort of "snippets" from the "upcoming artwork for Tenthousand Days", their long awaited new album. Why would the first graphical impression of it, although it must be finished by now, be of such horrible quality? Everyone is looking at their website in anticipation of what to come, and then they release an ugly logo. In a design class, one would get a D at best for such a sketch of a logo. Well, this convinced me of it being a hoax. If this logo should make it onto the final artwork, i will be convinced of Tool's (Mr. Jones' or whoever is in charge) awful taste.

Discuss.

I really have to agree with everything you've mentioned here. It seems like maybe a small handful of people here are visually literate. Entire "packages" and "it's about the music" aside, this is POOR, poor design. everything about is wank. the cropping is abrupt, the typography is FOOLish, the letters are psy-trancey. Why does it seem like only you and I (all differences aside) seem to be the only educated people who realize how IMPOSSIBLE it is for this to be legit, based on all the confirmation about how wonderful this record is supposed to be?

Inner_Eulogy
03-22-2006, 02:33 PM
I really have to agree with everything you've mentioned here. It seems like maybe a small handful of people here are visually literate. Entire "packages" and "it's about the music" aside, this is POOR, poor design. everything about is wank. the cropping is abrupt, the typography is FOOLish, the letters are psy-trancey. Why does it seem like only you and I (all differences aside) seem to be the only educated people who realize how IMPOSSIBLE it is for this to be legit, based on all the confirmation about how wonderful this record is supposed to be?

I don't think that in any way does the fact of your opinions make you two "the only educated people" - However, what it might make you is either the only two people knowledgable of art design to a certain degree, or perhaps just flat out upset of the possibility it's not fake or a front and therefore taking pot shots at it in any way you can.

Loveboat Captain
03-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Look at the album art. cross your eyes at 2-3ft. focuse on the middle face.

Octopod
03-22-2006, 02:36 PM
What I see when I cross my eyes is an "11".

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't think that in any way does the fact of your opinions make you two "the only educated people" - However, what it might make you is either the only two people knowledgable of art design to a certain degree, or perhaps just flat out upset of the possibility it's not fake or a front and therefore taking pot shots at it in any way you can.
well the possibility of it being not fake is given of course, but then i seriously hope they have put more effort into the music (and live appearence) than in their new logo. Then again, Blair's lastest post kind of (to me) is obviously a hint of it all being teh joke. But i'm repeating myself.

noisetherapy
03-22-2006, 02:47 PM

sure, we could all jump on someones bandwagon when they have a good idea. but whats the point. your points glotch, as well as some of them may be, make you look like an arrogant bastard. you cannot say you and someone else are the only educated people here who realize anything. im educated, doesnt mean jack. i dont think you can justify YOURSELF to being right. mainly when you just added previously discussed details on to what orange.juice posted.

that said. i agree with your points orange.juice. what you said from a design aspect was pretty much hitting the head of the nail. so far the package(art and logo) doesn't seem like it is very professional.

we have a b&w photo of alex greys 'web of being'
and some font probably taken off of freefonts.com

maybe some diehard should go scour through fonts and find out which on it is... 1 2 3 not it

gl0tch
03-22-2006, 02:52 PM
arrogant bastard or not, its still fake.

Loveboat Captain
03-22-2006, 02:55 PM
FOOL

just simulacra
03-22-2006, 02:55 PM
speaking of the mayan garbage

or whatever it was

to me? clearly mayan numerals.
i already tried multiplying, adding, etc, them to get a number relevant to 10,000 ... couldn't do it.
i used the mayan altered base 20 math system, too.
nothing.

Saltank
03-22-2006, 02:56 PM
It's pretty obvious it is not the cover and I certainly think they will use the logo that's currently on the toolband main menu intro since it is far more serious and interesting than this plain black and white one.

Loveboat Captain
03-22-2006, 03:06 PM
says those "real" Tool fans.

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 03:09 PM
says those "real" Tool fans.
what the fuck is a "real" Tool fan? I'm just expressing my opinion, like all others. But well, i guess the best would be to not care about it at all.

Loveboat Captain
03-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Real: Following everything the band does like a mindless zombie. Hearing them preaching the "think for yourself" thing and deciding to prove that you do this by disagreeing and thinking deeper about the important things in life, like a rock bands new album cover.

orange.juice
03-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Real: Following everything the band does like a mindless zombie. Hearing them preaching the "think for yourself" thing and deciding to prove that you do this by disagreeing and thinking deeper about the important things in life, like a rock bands new album cover.
"think for yourself" is damn awful. who else makes sure nobody else is within hearing distance when listening to third eye live?

mike09
03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
whats wrong with "Think for yourself?"

Loveboat Captain
03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
The "real" fans wont believe this artwork is real because they are too enlightened for that. Their Third eye is so wide open that they can tell a fake album cover. Well done to them, I say. But perhaps they should try doing something useful.

noisetherapy
03-22-2006, 03:23 PM

bullshit. just cause some people decide to question what they have been told would be a decoy album. who are you to say your not a mindless zombie... taking everything in and then being wrong 50% of the time because you lack judgement.

i really dont care if its fake or not. but these points people are making have some great debate behind them. your one of those people who are bent on being right all the time, that is unfortunate. one day you will be embarrassed for"knowing it all" and you were wrong. not me however, im still waiting to hold the cd in my hands.

you crazies make me smile.

Loveboat Captain
03-22-2006, 03:27 PM
I didn't say the art is real. Or anything is real. I just made the point that these peoples intelligence and ability to see further into things is wasted on issues like this. I'm not believing anything until I see it. Who cares if its real or fake? In the end, we know nothing for sure. Not yet at least. So I'm not concerned about being right.

noisetherapy
03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
ok. think about this... would you have posted half as much if people didnt have something for you to disagree on? these people came up with well thought out ideas that have fueled constructive communication. the thing is, we should find out more ways to talk rather than just makign fun of these peoples ideas.

back on topic... is the album cover fake? no its a real alex grey.

jasonchristopher
03-22-2006, 03:49 PM
why is it that every thread has to disintegrate into theorizing and arguing whether or not the album name/tracks/artwork is real?

Isac Khrondor
03-22-2006, 03:54 PM

Legend.

magnolia
03-22-2006, 04:19 PM
The image is actually starting to grow on me. At least now that I know that that terrible "10 000 days" "logo" isn't going to be on top of it.

Geedorah
03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
The image is actually starting to grow on me. At least now that I know that that terrible "10 000 days" "logo" isn't going to be on top of it.

Magnolia and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad "logo".

ProdigyDub
03-22-2006, 04:27 PM

You do realize that art preferences are completely subjective and your opinion on what's good or what's not makes you no more visually "literate" than anyone else's...right?

If you don't understand that, that's not anybody elses problem. Your opinion of what makes for good art is as worthless to anybody else as theirs is to you.

gl0tch
03-22-2006, 04:38 PM
There's a difference between art and design holmes. The art may be ok (mostly in its original form ala the original painting), but the design SUCKS. This has nothing to do with my opinion, but rather the rules that govern clear visual statements, which I might add, this does not follow.

So yes, art may be subjective, but design is technically not.

Dogma Slayer
03-22-2006, 04:59 PM
The logo is a "fake" in my opinion. I am not "fooled" again. Disappointed by the hostility due to simple differences of opinion. Hey, Inner Eulogy, try the Indian Astrology charts.
They are considered to be the most accurate by those in the know.

Opiate_Mass
03-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Maybe this is the cover for the promo single which will be going out soon.
i agree. either that, or it may be the dvd art (which IMO would make more sens)

Opiate_Mass
03-22-2006, 05:43 PM
The "real" fans wont believe this artwork is real because they are too enlightened for that. Their Third eye is so wide open that they can tell a fake album cover. Well done to them, I say. But perhaps they should try doing something useful.
like masturbating over puppies? :D

Latitudinarian
03-22-2006, 06:03 PM
So I 'heard' you can see Maynard's home address on the cover... and that "thats' the key.

Attila
03-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I was thinking, maybe it is possible that the album has a slip cover of the art that was posted that when removed reveals the new art. They might want to show that they are shedding the old skin and going into the new. Just my thoughts...

Fritz
03-22-2006, 11:27 PM

while i realize lashing out at anyone with a sub 300 post count may be your duty mandated by heaven, I would appreciate it if you would pull your foot out of your mouth.

A stereoscopic image creates a three dimensional image by taking two images or photos from slightly different angles, and through special glasses or simply the crossing of one's eyes, those images are superimposed on one another. This simulates the binocular vision that allows us to percieve depth. The poster who put the two images side by side realized that the reason the picture was asymmetrical was because it was part of a pair. Thus he copied the image mirrored/flipped it, and posted it next to the other one. This resulted in creating a perfectly functional stereoscopic image.

thank you however for feeling obliged to come out and attack my post, especially seeing as how it seems that your wealth of knowledge in the field of stereoscopic imagery is as expansive as the serengeti.

Seriously though sweet job on the picture to the original poster, and paradigm keep pratce ;)

Opiate_Mass
03-22-2006, 11:33 PM
we are fools!

chonus
03-22-2006, 11:35 PM

Art is objective.

Opiate_Mass
03-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Yay, now we all get to walk around wearing shirts that say "fool" on them haha!.

LONG LIVE FOOL!

justify_denials
03-22-2006, 11:50 PM
The key is right there before our very eyes? I wonder if the logo lines up in some special way with the artwork when it's superimposed in the right way. Just a thought. I don't have the skills myself to investigate this sort of thing.
no, you'll forget about the keys (hence they will be lost) and you'll blame it on Hofmann once you take alot of acid and look at the cover art!!

justify_denials
03-22-2006, 11:53 PM
then again this is only speculation seeing as picking season is almost around the corner and I have not tried it yet! But once it shall be the time, I shall be on my search for the magical mushies of great proportion!

justify_denials
03-22-2006, 11:59 PM
why is it that every thread has to disintegrate into theorizing and arguing whether or not the album name/tracks/artwork is real?
Because people are redefining communication and what tool portrays about such? hmm, therefore they don listen to TOOL. Fucking flamers......But I think what TOOL is going to do to a few select individuals on here is to make them greater than anyone could imagine. Who? I am not sure, but someone is going to strike back against all the bullshit and they will be something truly great. I myself feel different in the way I communicate and therefore I have given myself a new idenity in the levels of change that I am going to work at to do. In other words, fuck all the lame-shits on here your all just going to rot.

ÆmorphousEnigma
03-23-2006, 12:19 AM
This reminds me of the guy who thought that Maynard was speaking to him, specifically.

Gratis
03-23-2006, 12:55 AM
A stereoscopic image creates a three dimensional image by taking two images or photos from slightly different angles, and through special glasses or simply the crossing of one's eyes, those images are superimposed on one another. This simulates the binocular vision that allows us to perceive depth. The poster who put the two images side by side realized that the reason the picture was asymmetrical was because it was part of a pair. Thus he copied the image mirrored/flipped it, and posted it next to the other one. This resulted in creating a perfectly functional stereoscopic image.It has more to do about perspective than simply mirroring the image. It takes a genius like Alex Grey to make a seemingly mirrored painting an amazing stereoscopic piece. Viewing it stereoscopically corrects the direction of the face and gives the nose, eyes and lips the illusion of depth. There's also a really cool effect that makes more faces appear in the gaps between faces (talking about the full painting here, not the cover). There's a few full pictures of it floating around, check it out for yourself. :)

For example, this photo of Adam’s isn't mirrored yet it is truly stereoscopic:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/fork666/STEREOSCOPIC/ENIGMAadz-001.jpg

tyroneslothrop
03-23-2006, 01:49 AM
You do realize that art preferences are completely subjective and your opinion on what's good or what's not makes you no more visually "literate" than anyone else's...right?

If you don't understand that, that's not anybody elses problem. Your opinion of what makes for good art is as worthless to anybody else as theirs is to you.

You do realize that the nature of aesthetic judgements is a highly contentious issue, right?. In fact, there is an entire field of philosophy devoted to the question of just what "beauty" is. And subjectivism of the type you are espousing is, for the most part, a highly untenable position regardless of how many people accept "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as a biblical proverb.

Lost Keys
03-23-2006, 03:24 AM
For example, this photo of Adam’s isn't mirrored yet it is truly stereoscopic:obucket.com/albums/a14/fork666/STEREOSCOPIC/ENIGMAadz-001.jpg

was this done with the same photo or two shots a second or so apart?

Lost Keys
03-23-2006, 03:25 AM

Already accomplished with Aenima. So no.

Isac Khrondor
03-23-2006, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't mind if it was like that actually.

Gratis
03-23-2006, 03:57 AM
was this done with the same photo or two shots a second or so apart?http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/fork666/STEREOSCOPIC/EZstereo-1.jpg

mike09
03-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Art is objective.

No it isn't.

orange.juice
03-23-2006, 12:51 PM
You do realize that the nature of aesthetic judgements is a highly contentious issue, right?. In fact, there is an entire field of philosophy devoted to the question of just what "beauty" is. And subjectivism of the type you are espousing is, for the most part, a highly untenable position regardless of how many people accept "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as a biblical proverb.
the first few good lines about art i've seen on these boards.

zenkinet
03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Already accomplished with Aenima. So no.
there are other ways to add movement to packaging then what was used on Aenima.

gl0tch
03-23-2006, 01:33 PM
zeniket, I've enjoyed your posts. Just wondering what other technologies you think are possible to include movement? As far as I know lenticular technology (what was used for Ænima), would be the only thing.

zenkinet
03-23-2006, 01:41 PM
zenkinet, I've enjoyed your posts. Just wondering what other technologies you think are possible to include movement? As far as I know lenticular technology (what was used for Ænima), would be the only thing.
well some holograms can give the effect of movement, however that is all I can really think of.

Ultimately no one knows what the packaging will be like, but like Blair said we will be impressed.
Tool's packaging has never let me down, hopefully that doesn't change with this release.

dischordance
03-23-2006, 01:52 PM

If you don't understand that, that's not anybody elses problem. Your opinion of what makes for good art is as worthless to anybody else as theirs is to you.So... You're saying that some people actually LIKE the artwork? My God!!

I frankly wouldn't let anything that ugly in my house. But I'll be sure to download it.

Scratch
03-23-2006, 01:57 PM
ok. think about this... would you have posted half as much if people didnt have something for you to disagree on? these people came up with well thought out ideas that have fueled constructive communication. the thing is, we should find out more ways to talk rather than just makign fun of these peoples ideas.

back on topic... is the album cover fake? no its a real alex grey.

wow so i can post again?

Scratch
03-23-2006, 01:58 PM
hey guys dont ban me again ill behave

dracomordag
03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
There's a difference between art and design holmes. The art may be ok (mostly in its original form ala the original painting), but the design SUCKS. This has nothing to do with my opinion, but rather the rules that govern clear visual statements, which I might add, this does not follow.

the same could be said about composition and counterpoint, but music is still subjective.

EasilySeenCircularProblem
03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
OH MY GOD HES BACK

orange.juice
03-23-2006, 03:21 PM
nice avatar.

Fritz
03-24-2006, 12:09 AM
It has more to do about perspective than simply mirroring the image. It takes a genius like Alex Grey to make a seemingly mirrored painting an amazing stereoscopic piece. Viewing it stereoscopically corrects the direction of the face and gives the nose, eyes and lips the illusion of depth. There's also a really cool effect that makes more faces appear in the gaps between faces (talking about the full painting here, not the cover). There's a few full pictures of it floating around, check it out for yourself. :)

For example, this photo of Adam’s isn't mirrored yet it is truly stereoscopic:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/fork666/STEREOSCOPIC/ENIGMAadz-001.jpg

I realize there is more to it than simply mirroring the image, that is why I mentioned the fact that the person who mirrored it realized that the drawing was asymmetrical more specifically that it was taken slightly at an angle. This slight bit of angle when lined up next to it's mirror creates symmetry in the final stereoscopic viewing.

forty6&two
03-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Some of you may have seen the album mini for Tool’s 10,000 Days on Amazon and on other sites that was posted ONE DAY after we showed it to you on this site (which is what we expected, and why we posted it when we did). Now that it’s out there for all to see, hopefully some of you who have been asking what exactly an album mini is might have a better idea. For those who still don’t know, it’s what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD). Okay? Now, I can hear some of you saying to yourself: “But why does the image on Amazon and the other sites have the logo and album title superimposed over the artwork… when the image on the Tool websites doesn’t?” The answer is quite simple. Because Amazon and others need to include the band’s name and album title along with the artwork so that potential customers will know whose CD it is (don’t ask me why). With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging. However, we also wanted to give you a look at the new logo, so we placed it above the album mini. Okay? Just one last thing for now: I’ve been reading many of the comments on the TA message board (as well as those flooding my in-box) about this particular piece of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate some of your personal thoughts and perceptive insight into the symbology and deeper levels of the striking imagery. It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating ‘the bigger picture’ – that which you’ve become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool’s art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed…and that the key is right there before your very eyes. ------LOOK THERE

Look at the very last line it states "it right in front of our eyes"

If you look closely at the art posted on toolband you can see words spelled out at the top and middle.

BUT WHAT DOES IT SAY??

Andorion
03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
© TOOLBAND

© TOOLBAND

© TOOLBAND

(yes, it says it three times - the top and bottom ones are harder to see.)

Zim-Zum
You only see "Toolband"

Scratch
it sais "© TOOLBAND"

M. Sagro
03-24-2006, 03:08 PM
"C TOOLBAND" or something like that.

6r36
©TOOLBAND

forty6&two
then i must have shitty ass eyes

Goldfoot
03-24-2006, 03:09 PM
OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

forty6&two
03-24-2006, 03:09 PM
sorry guys, just thought i'd throw it in there

eonphi
03-24-2006, 03:18 PM
surely ©TOOLBAND isn't the key is it? how is it the key? key to what?

Wretched
03-24-2006, 03:24 PM
rofl.

fraz
03-24-2006, 03:27 PM
rofl.

they do that with every pic they post I think

Staralfur
03-24-2006, 03:31 PM
:P
i thought you've discovered where it writes god on that picture..."in front of your eyes"...that picture sure has lots of them

eonphi
03-24-2006, 03:40 PM
where does it say "god"? i can't find it

Staralfur
03-24-2006, 03:42 PM
where does it say "god"? i can't find it
i have no ideea, some guy on amazon.com said he found" god" on that image...maybe he just found god...:P

stinkfish
03-24-2006, 03:47 PM
why TOOLBAND and not just TOOL? TOOLBAND = the website. thus it's only going to be used on the website as a hoax and not as album art.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS.

i'm on a roll, next puzzle please thanks,,,,

eonphi
03-24-2006, 03:49 PM
wtf is god in the artwork? it's annoying me now...
do you think it's actually there or that guy on amazon is fucking with us?

ÆmorphousEnigma
03-24-2006, 03:50 PM
it says fool... not god

Staralfur
03-24-2006, 03:51 PM
i don't think it's there, he would've said where it is if he saw it..

eulogy508
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM
i don't think it's there, he would've said where it is if he saw it..
I like your name

84 pontiac dream
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
fuck...

Staralfur
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I like your name
thank you

eulogy508
03-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Sigur Ros are amazing

Loveboat Captain
03-24-2006, 04:03 PM
I think it says "fool" in the actual picture. not just in the background where it says toolband. obviously the image that amazon use wont say toolband on it.

profundo giallo
03-24-2006, 04:10 PM
another bollocks post, bring on may! Then i wont have to read this shite

Idiotica
03-24-2006, 04:15 PM
it says 'god' in lateralus art godammit! - where have u guys been for the last 5 years? and could we have less of these threads that state the blindingly obvious! - it says toolband.com on the new, we can all see it plain as day.

Exoskeletal
03-24-2006, 04:19 PM
"Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed… and that the key is right there before your very eyes." - BMB

I think what Blair is trying to say is that, what you see on toolband.com is the real deal, not just the art but the tracklisting and title. The ones that don't believe it are the ones that don't want to see it.
Even if it isn't, we can't prove it's fake, because it's the most reliable source of information we have...

Idiotica
03-24-2006, 04:21 PM
now how long did it take you to come up with that piece of genius?

Kelly
03-24-2006, 04:22 PM
hahahaha

StoneyB
03-24-2006, 04:22 PM
I took the key before our eyes thing to mean "look at the FOOL logo."

Exoskeletal
03-24-2006, 04:25 PM
I posted this here because it's obvious, and even so there a lot of people who are just trying to hard to find the real information when this is meaningless. The album will come out in a month, and the single in a few weeks, there's no point in trying to prove anything now, when what we just have to do is wait.

profundo giallo
03-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Jesus, im losing the will to live with all this tenous crap, just give me the album! Then i wont have to read this anymore

StoneyB
03-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I agree with you. We really know nothing. I just really doubt Tool using this piece of artwork.

Het_Bijeenroepen
03-24-2006, 04:28 PM
I just really doubt Tool using this piece of artwork.

Why do you doubt it, if you don't mind me asking?

Winner
03-24-2006, 04:41 PM

I think that's probably what BMB means...

mike09
03-24-2006, 04:48 PM

Every information given at Toolband is interepreted as either being real or just a another part of an elaborate hoax.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-24-2006, 05:01 PM
it says 'god' in lateralus art godammit! - where have u guys been for the last 5 years? and could we have less of these threads that state the blindingly obvious! - it says toolband.com on the new, we can all see it plain as day.
Go smoke a bong.

/V\agina
03-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I took it to mean that the info is real, kinda like if someone said "I gave you everything and you just chose to ignore it"...

"The key is right before your eyes [and you choose not to except it]."

Dionysus74
03-24-2006, 05:34 PM

Try wiping better, then you won't have shit on the eyes of your ass.

eulogy508
03-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Try wiping better, then you won't have shit on the eyes of your ass.
LOL

TunnelVision
03-25-2006, 07:08 PM
http://www.speleorovers.org/fourtheye/wordpress/index.php

The big picture?....

Scroll half way down.
Sorry if this has been posted already.