PDA

View Full Version : anothertediousjaunt

Sasha
03-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Well, I saw a hint of this person here on the forums by another member reclaiming the link to that forum. That said, here's the link to all of his posts for you guys to wade through and gather your conclusions or steps to conclusions as to what this journey in these last days has been, what it may be, and what it will be.

Please, don't be negative. This person if, Adam, Maynard, or any other members of the band, then very well so. Just don't flame, because you think it's highly unlikely. Don't flame because it's late at night for most of us as well, if you don't think you can offer anything postive, wait until you're sound to do so. If it does in the end, end up being a regular Joe, then let that sit as well and we might congratulate him on letting us overthink and overanalyze.

That said, here's the link: http://www.10000-days.com/forums/search.php?search_author=anothertediousjaunt

The Village Too
03-20-2006, 10:16 PM
you're too cute to flame

Was sprechen Sie?
Cual idioma habla Usted?
What language do you speak?

weak&weary
03-20-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure I understand what this thread is for.

flipmojo
03-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure I understand what this thread is for.

Me neither.

n3b2w
03-20-2006, 10:26 PM
6. the line on the # of posts after this one before you are flamed. pound the under.

Sasha
03-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Review the posts of the person whom this thread is named after and given the link gather your conclusions or put up the building blocks to such things. Communicate in a more constructive way, with more insight rather than our daily ramblings over what is and what is not.

researchtriangle
03-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Review the posts of the person whom this thread is named after and given the link gather your conclusions or put up the building blocks to such things. Communicate in a more constructive way....

irony

NWO SHILL
03-21-2006, 02:51 AM
I was actually just reading his posts over at the other forum. I can't believe that I seem to be the only person who recognizes this for what it is. To save me some time try Googling the "publius enigma." In short for those unaware the publius enigma was an internet personality that came to be in a Pink Floyd BB. His emergence coincided with the lauch of The Division Bell. His cryptic remarks about deeper meaning created rumors of Roger Waters return, to even crazier searches for buried treasure. Publius was actually validated when on one post he said look to the lights on some certain date and at a certain time, and at that date and time the word Publius was flashed at a Floyd show in New York I believe.

Anyway where I am getting with this is that this guy is definitely familiar with this and his writing is a blatant ripoff of the publius enigma. If you research the enigma posts you will find striking similarities including where he signs off once with "keep talking" a Floyd song and the way Publius signed off many of his posts. Also there is the 5 word mantra deal with "Communicate, Visualise, yadda yadda yadda." Publius did this almost verbatim.

Conclusion: This guy is looking for his 5 minutes.

Sasha
03-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Whatever the case, it's actually making people think and put their thoughts together. Something that's very absent here.

Andorion
03-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Some guy having fun, gg.

I especially like how he talks very spiritual like :)

insaner
03-21-2006, 03:13 PM
unless the album is called Visualies, which i actually think is pretty fuckin cool, i say this guys a quack. i mean, he cant even fuckin spell.

kyyuulle
03-21-2006, 04:55 PM
the more i read this guy's posts, the more I think that this IS Adam Jones.

anothertediousjaunt

A= Adam
T= whatever his middle name might be
J= Jones

bluefire
03-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Can't be Adam. Though myspace we know that Adam can't spell that well, and isn't nearly eloquent enough to type that.

kyyuulle
03-21-2006, 05:08 PM
suit yourself...

magnolia
03-21-2006, 05:22 PM
"Enlargen the universe around you", he says. My opinion, without flaming, is that this guy obviously has no relation to Tool.

ARMZ
03-21-2006, 05:28 PM
T= whatever his middle name might be

Thomas

kyyuulle
03-21-2006, 05:39 PM
thank you

bluefire
03-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Can't be Adam. Though myspace we know that Adam can't spell that well, and isn't nearly eloquent enough to type that.

Its probably not Justin either, because he would have those wierd ass british phrases and spellings. I'd rule out Danny, because it would have to have some reference to the occult or some god or spirit or something. Maynard is the only one I could imagine typing that, but even still I would expect a poop joke somewhere in his typing.

merkabalus
03-21-2006, 05:50 PM
It's an extremely interesting read. I hate how everyone immediately jumps on the 'is it really a band member' thing as opposed to reading and digesting the posts.

Yes, at the minute every Tool fan is pretty much at saturation point when it comes to hungering for new information, but does that mean everything has to be approached with such a degree of scepticism?

The general concensus on the board seems to be that the album title/tracklist/cover art is all bullshit. If that is the case, we have a lot of threads analysing things which no one seems to believe are real. However, someone posts something well intentioned and well written about the nature of Tool's past work and where the new work is headed and people don't even discuss it?

I couldn't care less if ATJ is a band member or a Turing test computer. At least he/she/it can construct a post that involves communication and interesting ideas - unlike the majority of garbage I've seen posted here in the last few months.

Systolic
03-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah.. everyone knows that theres a guy on there who tries to be Maynard too.. but both of them have created interesting, thought provoking discussion... BUt it just seems that everything they post is like ... 10 seconds too late...

exojjl
03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I was actually just reading his posts over at the other forum. I can't believe that I seem to be the only person who recognizes this for what it is. To save me some time try Googling the "publius enigma." In short for those unaware the publius enigma was an internet personality that came to be in a Pink Floyd BB. His emergence coincided with the lauch of The Division Bell. His cryptic remarks about deeper meaning created rumors of Roger Waters return, to even crazier searches for buried treasure. Publius was actually validated when on one post he said look to the lights on some certain date and at a certain time, and at that date and time the word Publius was flashed at a Floyd show in New York I believe.

Anyway where I am getting with this is that this guy is definitely familiar with this and his writing is a blatant ripoff of the publius enigma. If you research the enigma posts you will find striking similarities including where he signs off once with "keep talking" a Floyd song and the way Publius signed off many of his posts. Also there is the 5 word mantra deal with "Communicate, Visualise, yadda yadda yadda." Publius did this almost verbatim.

Conclusion: This guy is looking for his 5 minutes.
The theme of "The Division Bell" is suppose to be about communication. I did not dig deep into this because I do not own the album. There is suppose to be a puzzle to follow along with the album involving communication. A specific book was recommended to go along with the album and theme although I forget the book title.

bluefire
03-21-2006, 09:27 PM
I will say that whoever this dude is, hes a good writer and he makes you think

exojjl
03-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Who? You did not direct your post at anyone specific. Next time please do so.

exojjl
03-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I will say that whoever this dude is, hes a good writer and he makes you think
What a fucking idiot. I am sadden to know that I live on this planet with you. Go kill yourself, cosmic-shit.

bluefire
03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Who? You did not direct your post at anyone specific. Next time please do so.

this anorthertediousjaunt guy, is a good read.

bluefire
03-21-2006, 09:51 PM
What a fucking idiot. I am sadden to know that I live on this planet with you. Go kill yourself, cosmic-shit.

hahaha.