PDA

View Full Version : BMB Posted Album Art (not cover art)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Akathriel
03-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Nuff Said.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/Akathriel/xmdays_mini_art.jpg

ADMIN EDIT: now with http://www.stashbox.org/uploads/1142915327/tool-bg.jpg wallpaper action. Show how much you hate the logo by displaying it on your desktop for all to see!

STA
03-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Please be fake.

spiralout987
03-20-2006, 04:17 PM
wow, looks pretty real

STA
03-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Fool: 10,000 Days

Can't wait.

Foamy
03-20-2006, 04:18 PM
I like it, although not half as much as Lateralus.

dark_Speedo
03-20-2006, 04:19 PM
lol, thats so fake.

Foamy
03-20-2006, 04:19 PM
I wonder what the rest of it looks like. That cant be IT, theres no title or anything. Maybe theres a slip over cover like with Lateralus?

Akathriel
03-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Can anyone identify the artist?

stinkfish
I think it's okay.

Perseensilmä
It may look pretty real since it´s from Alex Grey´s piece of "art". Also, it was used on Lateralus tour. Also, it would look like shit on the cover of an album. Why? Because it looks shit even on my computer screen. Why? Because the image fucking sucks. Why? Because Alex Grey doesn´t always draw neat pics like on Lateralus cover. Why? Because he is such a stupid fucking bitch ass.

Foamy
WTF does album mini mean anyway?

mon-go-lloyd
03-20-2006, 04:21 PM

I was thinking the same thing...

Foamy
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
It may look pretty real since it´s from Alex Grey´s piece of "art". Also, it was used on Lateralus tour. Also, it would look like shit on the cover of an album. Why? Because it looks shit even on my computer screen. Why? Because the image fucking sucks. Why? Because Alex Grey doesn´t always draw neat pics like on Lateralus cover. Why? Because he is such a stupid fucking bitch ass.
I dont remember that being used before.

Madklikor
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Don't forget that Lateralus is nothing special with just the cover. We've got to see the whole object.

That being said, I was expecting something more different. It's really close to Lateralus. The new logo is cool.

Foamy
03-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Don't forget that Lateralus is nothing special with just the cover.
lol yes it is.

Zhelives
03-20-2006, 04:24 PM
http://alexgrey.net/img/interbeing.jpg

Alex Grey? Looks similar in theme to Lateralus...

Sorry to be an asshole like the rest of the non-believers, but I don't think it is real. It seems to be poor quality. For example, I'd imagine part of the beauty of an image like this (like Grey's Interbeing) is the symmetry of the whole thing. If you look at this picture, you will see it is not symmetric (look at the eyebrows and the orientation of the "third eye"). It may be because I am not taking in the rest of the artwork package that I think it is poor quality, but that image, stand alone, is shitty in my opinion.

svet-am
03-20-2006, 04:24 PM
there's something about this i dont buy. during the interviews, TOOL said that this album is heavier and 'more political' and such -- then we had the 'official' tracklist -- then this artwork. When you take the messages portrayed by the interviews, combine that with the tracklistings, then combine this artworks , they just don't mesh. i can't explain it -- the feeling i have is hard to put into words, but the track titles and the 'hard sound' just don't seem to go with alex grey's artwork. and, since tool is a 'whole experience', the lyrics, track titles, artwork, and sound all work together for a total experience and these, so far, don't seem to be working together.

T-13h
03-20-2006, 04:25 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=album%20mini&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&percentage_served=100&sa=N&tab=wi

ÆmorphousEnigma
03-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Why the fuck would Blair post something on photobucket? You guys are morons.

Foamy
03-20-2006, 04:26 PM
there's something about this i dont buy. during the interviews, TOOL said that this album is heavier and 'more political' and such -- then we had the 'official' tracklist -- then this artwork. When you take the messages portrayed by the interviews, combine that with the tracklistings, then combine this artworks , they just don't mesh. i can't explain it -- the feeling i have is hard to put into words, but the track titles and the 'hard sound' just don't seem to go with alex grey's artwork. and, since tool is a 'whole experience', the lyrics, track titles, artwork, and sound all work together for a total experience and these, so far, don't seem to be working together.
This guy FEELS that its wrong. False alarm, people! THIS MUST BE FAKE!

Perseensilmä
I dont remember that being used before.

Well, it pretty much is the same idea as in this backdrop and I don´t think they would recycle Lateralus era art to their Not-Lateralus II album. The pic itself is from a more recent AG painting. I don´t remember which thouhgh.

http://alexgrey.net/2l/15.jpg

Madklikor
Notice the Inca theme, mixed with some Indian-type design (three faces in one).

Ryan

http://www.toolband.com/news/images/xmdays_logo.jpg

http://www.toolband.com/news/images/xmdays_mini_art.jpg

Foamy
03-20-2006, 04:27 PM
rofl I really hope you were joking just then.

T-13h

Alex Grey? Looks similar in theme to Lateralus...

There is no going back. There is but evolution and there is atrophy...

Hmmmm...

Madklikor

On Toolband the link is :

Moron.

dwr budr
Dig the logo...gotta see more of the artwork to make a full judgement.

svet-am
This guy FEELS that its wrong. False alarm, people! THIS MUST BE FAKE!

i didn't say that it IS fake, dumbass. I simply expressed my opion, which everyone else on this board seems to have no problem expressing, even when they've got nothing solid to back it up. lighten up, jack ass and let people be.

spiralout987
03-20-2006, 04:28 PM
INTERBEING

Eon Black Apocalypse
The new Tool Logo looks pretty alright to me.

Perseensilmä
I´ll be damned. toolband.com

Madklikor
03-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Maybe the album is closer to Lateralus than we think right now. It looks more like an evolution, a darker version of the backdrops, with different influences, than something really different.

evfain
Nuff Said.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/Akathriel/xmdays_mini_art.jpg

I, for one, really like it and hope it's legit. I love how its slightly off center.

STA
http://www.toolband.com/news/images/xmdays_logo.jpg

It looks better there on the white background. I still say the logo says "Fool", though.

svet-am
03-20-2006, 04:30 PM
It looks better there on the white background. I still say the logo says "Fool", though.

it very well may, if this is fake and TOOL is poking fun at us.

Ryan
03-20-2006, 04:31 PM
I, for one, really like it and hope it's legit. I love how its slightly off center.

i don't.

Geedorah

There is a different grey piece that looks a lot more similar. I'm not home or I'd look up the name.

Akathriel
You sir, are an idiot. I rehosted it on photobucket in hopes that it would show up in the post like in vBulletin forums. Sheesh

tDoXoMl
03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
so fake.

spiralout987
interbeing

Madklikor
it very well may, if this is fake and TOOL is poking fun at us.

I hope not, because that won't make us fools but that would make them liars.

welb
Interesting how Blair initialed this post and not the tracklisting post.

exojjl
03-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Can anyone identify the artist?
it appears to be Alex Grey.

Ryan
03-20-2006, 04:35 PM
honestly. the logo is tacky as hell, it's off-center and, fuck...

hurry up april 1.

kyyuulle
03-20-2006, 04:37 PM
excellent, i love the hurricane symbols embedded in that image...

mother nature anyone?

tDoXoMl
03-20-2006, 04:37 PM
seriously though, it is kinda gay, but the font is pretty fucking cool if you ask me. why does this goddam look like lateralus 2? lol i just looked up vociferous in the dictionary...

on second thought, i love it, he or she (probably he) is crying. its their blues album.

dave.
03-20-2006, 04:39 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=album%20mini&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&percentage_served=100&sa=N&tab=wi
Ahh. That clears everything up. Thanks.

Metlamaniac
I tell you what, if that picture was done with a 'Matt' feel....and maybe slightly raised on the actual album....so that you could feel the grooves....I will wank everywhere

steve99_9
looks neat
it will be interesting to see what Tool does with it in a whole package
and like someone else said, Lateralus looked pretty dull with the slip cover on

kyyuulle
03-20-2006, 04:40 PM
matte?

paragon
03-20-2006, 04:41 PM
It’s not symmetrical. Why is it not symmetrical…???...

steve99_9
the real question is what loser makes that their avatar first

delysid

hurry up april 1.

I fail to see how to logo is off-center. Are you referring to its placement above the album art? If so, those are two different pics (which you appear to already know) and Blair and his amazing HTML skills just didn't center the logo correctly.

The actual pic of the logo is not off centered at all....at least not noticeably.

Metlamaniac
03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
matte?

yep

psims23
It looks a lot different from Lateralus to me. Does anyone else notice the very obvious Native American influence here? I dont remember that being on Lateralus... maybe something like it as the backdrop during the tour but this is definitely different.... should be a pretty interesting album

GullyFoyle
BMB seems to be stiffing us on the Newsletter for March. I hope he is typing it up now. I like the artwork and logo, but being a longtime fan, it does seem more like lateralus art to me. I'm sticking with my belief that they haven't given us any real information yet. But in a month I may look like an jackass for saying so.
So if this artwork from the toolband is fake, would you still say that whatever it is Alex Grey will have been the one to do it?

NoD
Well the off centering gives it a sense of being 3 dimensional. But I don't know, how in the hell would they recycle art from the Lateralus tour?

The new tool logo is nothing special, althought I can't say I really mind it. I guess all the April 1 shenanigans and this really secretivie bullshit is really starting to affect the excitement of the new release, and not for the better....

Also, I actally like the logo when you first enter toolband better than this new artwork logo. But I dunno...

And they never said the album was political, only that the negative emotion would carry over. So it could very well be Lateralus's darker brother.

Ertai
excellent, i love the hurricane symbols embedded in that image...

mother nature anyone?

for one its not a hurricane... its a galaxy, which is fequently used in alex greys work...

two, its fucking off centered.. which makes it look like shit

and wtf does mini album mean?? fake album? maybe artwork for the dvd?

one thing though, the logo looks sweet... alot better than the razor one on the spalsh page... i do think the "O" in Tool should be linked like the infinity symbol... i think that would make the new logo flow better.

STA
03-20-2006, 04:43 PM
The more I look at and study the artwork, the more interesting it's becoming. I don't think I will ever accept that new logo, though. That's really atrocious.

delysid
It’s not symmetrical. Why is it not symmetrical…???...

I just noticed it and that is sort of strange....I'm don't have a problem with it and its not going to drive me insane but it makes me wonder what else there is to the album sleeve.

tDoXoMl
I fail to see how to logo is off-center. Are you referring to its placement above the album art? If so, those are two different pics (which you appear to already know) and Blair and his amazing HTML skills just didn't center the logo correctly.

The actual pic of the logo is not off centered at all....at least not noticeably.

so that logo has been seen before?

Akathriel
03-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Not to mention Blain's superb cropping skills. I think they are referring to the pic itself. The face does seem a bit unsymmetrical.

Ryan

why would i be talking about the fucking logo being off-centered?

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
why do you d bags believe everything is fake?

paraology
03-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I have seen this exact artwork on Alex Grey's site. Why would they copy something thats already been done? And what is Tool's affection with eyes? Their all over every piece of Tool artwork ever made. The new logo is nothing special.

Metlamaniac
03-20-2006, 04:46 PM
so that logo has been seen before?

....what?

Ryan
03-20-2006, 04:47 PM
why do you d bags believe everything is fake?

do you really need to ask?

exojjl
I think this photo is to still be determined: Underrated.
If you notice that because the faces on the two sides are facing outward to the sides, while the eyes are facing forward (but still in their somewhat correct positions) it is symbolizing the 3rd eye and the ability to see everything around itself. While the top thing that looks like a hat on his head, is not. Its "self" projecting into its surroundings and connecting to it. You'll notice what you see on what looks like to be the ground, is the same thing that you seem to be seeing protruding out the mind.

steve99_9
the real question is what loser makes that their avatar first
do you really need to ask?

we have a wieeennner

just simulacra
03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Bliar, since you're reading this, drop me an E-Mail
I could create a much more believable decoy EVERYTHING.

tDoXoMl
i dont know what to think anymore, im gonna shoot myself

delysid

hurry up april 1.

why would i be talking about the fucking logo being off-centered?

I don't know?

Geedorah
It's probably not the whole picture. We all know the real cover is just Danny giving the thumbs down. Why? We aren't sure......

Drozz
03-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Is anyone else annoyed by never knowing when we can believe blair?

Xanatos
I am liking this. I already have an intense facination with the Mayans/Aztec and this, my friends, looks Mayan/Aztec. I believe this to be the real thing.

HOWEVER! The TOOL Logo looks like shit. Seriously, it looks like the outlined the Lateralus logo and inverted the colors. BS

Ertai
nothing wrong with tool using eyes in their artwork...

i doubt they would use the same concept twice... i just think their hinting more and more to a hoax.... a very long and drawn out hoax, but non-the-less.... i bet a few months ago maynard decided...hey lets trick the fans again....and they just keep feeding small bits of info...first the crazy title... then the crazy track listing.. and now an offcentered, non symmertical, piece of alex greys art... joshua davis is susposed to do the art for the album, and i doubt they would use the same concept or artist twice....

i will put money down that this is all one big hoax...

the only things that may stick is the release date and possibly the new logo...

EasilySeenCircularProblem
03-20-2006, 04:50 PM
i think the fact that it is offcenter is not a mistake or "gay" as you put it. It looks as though the face is turning towards the center, as if the whole image is moving to face the viewer. The new logo gives a very circular feel to it. If you stare intently at the image it becomes almost nauseating (not because it sucks, so don't reply with that, because WE GET THAT SOME PEOPLE DONT LIKE IT, FUCK YOURSELF). I doubt its fake (considering may 2 is fast approaching) but i think the artwork will be more intricate than just the picture, and i think the picture itself invokes a lot of movement/chaos. The new logo has a very "mature" feel to it. granted these are just first impressions.

Metlamaniac
I don't know?

LOL!, thats good

tDoXoMl
we have a wieeennner
lol your funny like stephen colbert

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
03-20-2006, 04:51 PM
This is what the CD is going to look like

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8035/untitled7ue.jpg

Ryan
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't know?

honestly. the logo is tacky as hell

referring to logo;

it's off-center and, fuck...

referring to artwork, which is obviously off-center. don't be an idiot.

T-13h
This is what the CD is going to look like

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8035/untitled7ue.jpg

Kind of funny...

reverend resistor
lol @ tool

Drozz
03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Kind of funny...

Nah.

plexus
Heres is the painting that the image is from.
http://spectraleyes.com/albums/photos/web_of_being.jpg
http://healinggifts.net/alexgrey.jpg

i think album mini means its cropped from the full pic.

but i think this might mean that the album really is a fake because they just used an alex grey painting, as opposed to him creating an original piece for the album.

who knows?
who cares?

Ertai
the white spilt in the forehead makes it look like shit...

exojjl
i think the fact that it is offcenter is not a mistake or "gay" as you put it. It looks as though the face is turning towards the center, as if the whole image is moving to face the viewer. The new logo gives a very circular feel to it.
yeah, thats what i felt. Tried to explain it in my last post.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
referring to logo;

referring to artwork, which is obviously off-center. don't be an idiot.

It's not off centered. If you look it as regular face, and not two side by side, you clearly see that it is not off centered.

ladiatia
03-20-2006, 04:54 PM
This time Blair has signed it. Does it make any difference?

NoD
maybe the cd booklet will have different pages that peel off the skin on that interbeings face until you get to the muscles, then bone than nothingness. Then it'll really be Blackeralus LAWLZ.

Seriously though, if this is one big drawn out overdone apriil fool's joke, I'm just gonna download this motherfucker out of spite.

...or not.

bluefire
didn't blair say when the artwork was released there would be no doubt it was correct? If someone else posted this, I would immediately call bullshit, cause its the same alex gray work from lateralus. I dunno, hope its not for real.

Ryan
It's not off centered. If you look it as regular face, and not two side by side, you clearly see that it is not off centered.

it's off-centered.

Drozz
It doesn't look off center to me. The head is turned.

Pickles The Clown
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Meh. I really don't know what to think. I hope those who are predicting a massive
April fools joke in regards to all the official album info are right.

steve99_9
it's off-centered.
maybe its just a very ugly face? ever think of that?

bluefire
Seriously though, if this is one big drawn out overdone apriil fool's joke, I'm just gonna download this motherfucker out of spite.

couldn't agree more.

mike tyson
lol the "tool" looks so bad

Foamy
lol <3 Tool

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
who cares?

It's really not big of a deal, Tool could/couldn't be pulling the wool over our eyes.

I'm just waiting till its in my hands............

Edit: I like the artwork, Alex Gray is one of my favorite inspirational artists.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
Kind of funny...

That was an actual BMB post, that was removed less than an hour afterwards.

Metlamaniac

hurry up april 1.

Im sorry, but in the other dudes defence.....that sentance clearly implys you are talking about the Logo being off centre

Fap

Alex looks like he's storing acorns in his mouth.

Perseensilmä
It looks like FooL

tDoXoMl
03-20-2006, 04:57 PM
This time Blair has signed it. Does it make any difference?

good freakin point. wed might as well flip a coin guys, heads its real, tails its fake. ok, now everybody get their coins...

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
It doesn't look off center to me. The head is turned.

qft

STA
It looks like FooL

Thank you.

mike tyson
looks god awful

A Tad Bit Catatonic
03-20-2006, 04:58 PM
It looks like FooL

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I was gonna say the same thing. Still SICK though. it must be Alex again - duh lol... My night is made =)

Ryan
03-20-2006, 04:58 PM
looks god awful

it really does.

rsh
03-20-2006, 04:59 PM
i kinda like the logo.

Foamy
03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Its now a TA Exclusive. Blair has put a kiss (x) next to it.

bluefire
Logo isn't that creative, either.

megadan
I think Blair and Tool are highly, highly amusing by all the dribble that is spouted by various Tool fan pages across the net.

I kinda like the art work, though it's not as original as previous work.

"Album mini" means that this is the small version (jpg file) of the artwork. Don't read into everything so far.

I can't wait for May 2!

ladiatia
Tool Logo as others say can be read as FOOL. Tool maybe is April FOOLING us again.

Exoskeletal
03-20-2006, 05:01 PM
I like this artwork a lot, although not as good as Leteralus inside, but as it was referede before this may be only the slip cover. Hmm... this gives me a feeling of Mayan/Inca/Aztec culture. The logo is nice...
I Also have a feeling it its connected somehow to Lateralus, the 3 faces may represent the split of 3 levels of personality or conscient/unconscient, and that third eye,whatever... gotta stop speculating, forget it :P

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
03-20-2006, 05:01 PM
The hurricanes in the artwork are a tribute to N.O.

steve99_9
03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Tool Logo as others say can be read as FOOL. Tool maybe is April FOOLING us again.
because its April 1st all year long around here

ProdigyDub
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
My god what's it gonna take for people to stop claiming that everything about this album is fake? Some of you have some serious trust issues.

Heres is the painting that the image is from.
http://spectraleyes.com/albums/photos/web_of_being.jpg

i think album mini means its cropped from the full pic.

but i think this might mean that the album really is a fake because they just used an alex grey painting, as opposed to him creating an original piece for the album.

who knows?
who cares?

interesting. the fact that its a copy of alex grey does lend to it being a fake, but if so, this is getting fucking pointless. i mean why keep up with this shit? if all of this is fake (title, tracks, pics) then its like someone telling the same fucking drawn-out joke over and OVER AND OVER. what the fuck is the point? if this is fake everyone is just going to think "its lame" not "wow that was a GREAT trick". if its real, that's kind of weird? i still stick by my interpretation if its real

kava
i told you guys that some of the fake art would kick the shit out of the real thing.

mike tyson
03-20-2006, 05:04 PM
I thought they said it wasn't Lateralus II.

MoreTool
i like the logo, really. artwork seems fake like the name and the tracklist of the album

ladiatia
yes, I know my comment is pointless. Anyaway looks like Fool to me. Past logos were way better, but once again just my humble opinion.

By the way sorry for my shitty english.

tDoXoMl
i bet, if this artwork is real, that its only a smaller section of a larger album cover. as you can see blair posted the art and the logo seperately. and it could also explain why its titled "mini".

slamminsalmon
03-20-2006, 05:05 PM

they are fucking with you, sit back and hold on for the ride

STA
By the way sorry for my shitty english.

It was much better than most around here.

ProdigyDub
i still stick by my interpretation if its real

Of course it's real. People on TDN are just ridiculously cynical about everything.

Metlamaniac
i told you guys that some of the fake art would kick the shit out of the real thing.

oh yeh!!, we were wrong

...KiLLeR ToFu...
03-20-2006, 05:06 PM
How fucking cool is that new logo!?!?

bluefire
I thought they said it wasn't Lateralus II.

STA

Really, really not.

tDoXoMl
03-20-2006, 05:07 PM
because its April 1st all year long around here

lol so true

Ryan
Really, really not.

this man is wise.

steve99_9
its definitly not the best Tool logo i've seen

cadav
Like the album art, not sure about the logo. Donut care if it's real or fake, that would make a sweet cover.

Doesn't *really* look like alex grey tho. It has almost that Inca cartooned style, a bit like Szukalski.

And finally (nerd comment) it looks a bit like that Lord Marshal guy with his 3 faced helmet on Chronicles of Riddick (hey - the film wasn't too bad, and had nice art design.)

Metlamaniac
03-20-2006, 05:08 PM
If it was errr....less white It might look top bollock

Fulcanelli
03-20-2006, 05:08 PM
The more I look at and study the artwork, the more interesting it's becoming. I don't think I will ever accept that new logo, though. That's really atrocious.

I'm with you. The artwork looks cool and it is off center. I was at Alex Grey's gallery and there is a sculpure that the artwork was taken from. It was like a transition from sacred mirror to sacred mirror. It may be off center just for that reason, so that it looks more dynamic.

The logo isn't so nice.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Let it sink in, maybe it'll grow on you. I like the head, it's spectacular imo. Sometimes are intended to be off center to give it a different perspective, and create a feeling of motion even. If you were to analyze it, you could go a million different ways, it's pretty fucking awesome to me. And well the Logo, it does look like FOOL... if they just were to put a break at the top of the T that would fix it. Anyway, it's different, it's something new. I don't know if they ever could have topped the Lateralus art and/or logo. But this is a hell of alot better than what most album art, so go ahead and complain as TOOL could probably care less. But I like it, personally. And pretty sure this isn't an April Fools joke - get over the conspiracy theories already. And anyway Blair signed it with a kiss =P.

PS: Suggest they put a break above the T Blair lol!!!! =)

Slave
03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
What happened to Joshua Davis' artwork?

ladiatia
03-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Would be nice to take a look to the whole package.

Andy DV
03-20-2006, 05:13 PM
we have some art critics in the house, dont we.

i think it will look really cool as a translucent overlay.

tDoXoMl
03-20-2006, 05:14 PM
lol Kabir said "Grab your salt shaker, folks." the whole hoax is that "nobody" knows if its a hoax or not! brilliant.

dissonance19
03-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't know what to think anymore. If this is all fake. I could see them dragging it on for awhile. I wouldn't care either though. I understand.

For all we know, one of the tracklists leaked were actual titles and this is all just to throw everyone off? Or April 17th is more than just a date for the rumored single? They'll release the "real" info then too. Who knows? I'll just take it how it is, and if it's fake I wouldn't be surprised either haha. Certainly using something already created for artwork raises flags for me though.

Oh, and they didn't say it would be more political, just some references. They said they;re not doin the whole soapbox political thing. Tool has always had something about politicals in their lyrics anyway so.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
03-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Would be nice to take a look to the whole package.

That's what I'm thinking too, on second look - they both do look better to me. I really think if they put a break at the top of the T that would be a pretty wicked logo. They could just put a little slice in it even or something real slick. It is not that bad though, how it is.

Chris_Brightwell
03-20-2006, 05:15 PM
lol Kabir said "Grab your salt shaker, folks." Who did?

dave.
03-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Looks pretty cool. Except for the new logo, if it is indeed the new logo. That looks like shit.

tDoXoMl
xmdays? christmas? wtf.

dave.
Who did?
You did Brightwell...

mike tyson
Get it, tequila?!

Carny_Handles
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
i like it alot better than any of the shit joshua davis excretes out and calls 'art'

steve99_9
xmdays? christmas? wtf.
you just don't understand Roman numerals....thats okay..unless you're Italian...then go shoot yourself

mike09
You know there's something I noticed about the album name, the tracklist, and now the album cover. To me, atleast, they don't seem fake, but they don't quite seem legitimate either. Something about all of this just doesn't ring true. I can't even look at the new Tool logo without seeing the word "fool" in there.

tDoXoMl
03-20-2006, 05:19 PM
i am italian, please dont let that prevent you from shooting me though, i dont want to be a bother.

hanger25934
nice cover. i hope you all hate it ,but i'm not going to read through this bullshit to find out.

Fulcanelli
xmdays? christmas? wtf.

In Roman Numerals:
X = 10
M = 1000

Not quite 10000 but it's just a file name.

NoD
You know there's something I noticed about the album name, the tracklist, and now the album cover. To me, atleast, they don't seem fake, but they don't quite seem legitimate either. Something about all of this just doesn't ring true.

True. It's the perfect fake.

Perseensilmä
10,000 days and the tracklist is true, artwork is not.

I GODDAMN HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tDoXoMl
Who did?

solly mr chris

tDoXoMl
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
In Roman Numerals:
X = 10
M = 1000

Not quite 10000 but it's just a file name.

oh! xm days, thats clever

bluefire
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I can't imagine them not using an original cover.

gl0tch
OK-

For all the visually illiterate idiots out there:

1.) Blair said we would be certain when they release the album art. WE'RE NOT. We ARE certain it is a recycled Alex Grey piece and reusing that shit is WHACK.

2.) The logo clearly is ambiguous enough to hint that this all is a rouse. It REALLY REALLY REALLY looks more like FOOL than Tool.

3.) The album is not supposed to be Lateralus II. Ok, then why reuse the same artist that all the fanboi's got wet over and discovered god and drugs too?

4.) The logo says Fool.

5.) There was no sub-clause in signing up for Tool Army that said you too wouldnt be fucked with.

6.) The logo says Fool.

7.) Tool are not 2-trick ponies.

I am CERTAIN now, on APRIL 1st we will get album art scans, a new album title, and track names.

And you know what the best part about this whole thing is? If for some godforsaken reason I *am* wrong, for the first time ever TOOL will have been successful in empowering ME in more ways than expected known, by giving me the conviction that
I TRULY could do better. Perhaps there IS some truth in the fact that the next chapter is US.

cadav
Actually the more I look at it, the more it looks like a snippet of a larger painting, although it's still pretty on it's own :P

It's certainly approx. the right dimensions. And it's miles better than the Led Zeppelin IV cover !

bonus.cheese
There is a famous painting of Jesus from the 16th century of him with three faces. Pretty similar to that (in some ways).

Could this be related?

/V\agina

Okay, look at that picture. See the face that's right next to Alex's head? Copy and paste that into photoshop, grayscale it, darken it, and flip it. You now have the album artwork.

If this is the real thing, then cool, if not, I won't be surprised.

here's an example on my site:

http://marvngrad.com/xmartwork.jpg

LoKi
03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
looks shithouse.

and can someone who lives in Austin, TX, go around to ProdigyDubs house and just fucking laugh at him while waving the new album in his face when it comes out.

03-20-2006, 05:23 PM
You know there's something I noticed about the album name, the tracklist, and now the album cover. To me, atleast, they don't seem fake, but they don't quite seem legitimate either. Something about all of this just doesn't ring true. I can't even look at the new Tool logo without seeing the word "fool" in there.

ok you didn't say what you "noticed", and you said "they don't seem fake, but they don't seem true". how is that of any use?

dark_Speedo

Okay, look at that picture. See the face that's right next to Alex's head? Copy and paste that into photoshop, grayscale it, darken it, and flip it. You now have the album artwork.

you fucking rock.

this artwork is definitly fake

mike tyson
ok you didn't say what you "noticed", and you said "they don't seem fake, but they don't seem true". how is that of any use?
oh

my

god

NoD
03-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Anyone get the feeling the new album was ready for release this month but they purposefully pushed it back just to get a kick out of april first... fuckers.

cadav
03-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Magina is a genius, well done.

I hope the tracknames and album title are still real tho.

Perseensilmä
03-20-2006, 05:26 PM
I got the feeling they pushed it back to get the kicks from two April firsts. They got a motherfucking EP and they have been sitting on it for over an year now!

ProdigyDub
looks shithouse.

and can someone who lives in Austin, TX, go around to ProdigyDubs house and just fucking laugh at him while waving the new album in his face when it comes out.

What will this person be laughing about? Will it be to cover up their extreme disappointment that the album actually IS named 10,000 Days, that this actually IS the artwork, and that their months spent being unnecessarily skeptical were all in vain?

mike09

WTF?

LoKi
no they'll be laughing at you and your elitest attitude.

bonus.cheese

Woah nice find. Cheers man.

Sasha
03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
I quite like this cover. I don't mind Alex Grey's work being on their next 10 albums, as he is one of my favorite artists. I've always loved that piece, and no original work should be done just because it is Tool. The logo however, is a bit gay. Whether it says "FOOL" or not, it's pretty dumb, with no evolution like the others have had.

After all, it's only the (possible) artwork, I'm really worried about the music. I could give two shits if they put Dr. Phil and Oprah hugging on the cover.

NoD
03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
I got the feeling they pushed it back to get the kicks from two April firsts. They got a motherfucking EP and they have been sitting on it for over an year now!

It is actually an ep, andy king was just too stoned to realize they played it twice.

ProdigyDub
03-20-2006, 05:28 PM
no they'll be laughing at you and your elitest attitude.

You're absolutely right. I have an elitist attitude about the fact that I believe that the only official information we've been given is accurate. How dare I be so damn elitist!

mike09
03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Tool is spelt with a capital T, no? In the new logo, it's spelt lower case.

Sauniere
03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
try looking at it like you would the stereoscopic pics on adams myspace. freaky.

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-20-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't mind Alex Grey's work being on their next 10 albums, as he is one of my favorite artists.

Agreed. Alex Grey rocks.

Xanatos
03-20-2006, 05:31 PM
After all, it's only the (possible) artwork, I'm really worried about the music. I could give two shits if they put Dr. Phil and Oprah hugging on the cover.

I would actually like that.

Chris_Brightwell
Tool is spelt with a capital T, no? In the new logo, it's spelt lower case.... and the old logo?

bonus.cheese
hmm this is more reason to think that elements of 10,000 days are indeed fake.

I'm not gonna make a theory on it though, I don't really care.

fraz
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
I quite like this cover. I don't mind Alex Grey's work being on their next 10 albums, as he is one of my favorite artists. I've always loved that piece, and no original work should be done just because it is Tool. The logo however, is a bit gay. Whether it says "FOOL" or not, it's pretty dumb, with no evolution like the others have had.

I feel the same way. Every day I check this forum and more and more people seem to be saying they think it's a fake. The band said a while ago that Alex Grey would be contributing in some way to the next album - well there you have it - his contribution is the cover.

researchtriangle
i still wish the album art would involve that piece joshua davis made for adam jones...kinda looks like your grandmothers couch patterns on acid

dracomordag

this man

knows what's up

oh, and it says "Eool" not "fool"

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Tool's site is down.... maybe just me or too many tools trying to access it to see the artwork?

Tyson
03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
The noses on each side look like limp dicks.

bluefire
03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
everything about this new album is limp dick.

ArizonaBay
03-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Lol no fuckin way is that the logo or album art. That just plain sucks.

dave.
03-20-2006, 05:38 PM

I like your version better.

(-) Thoth
03-20-2006, 05:38 PM
I think I'm just gonna boycott toolband untill May 2, all this crap is too much up and down, I'd rather just see for myself when I have it in my hands.

ArizonaBay
03-20-2006, 05:39 PM
http://marvngrad.com/xmartwork.jpg yep that loads better and its still shit

Ryan
03-20-2006, 05:40 PM
OK-

1.) Blair said we would be certain when they release the album art. WE'RE NOT. We ARE certain it is a recycled Alex Grey piece and reusing that shit is WHACK.

2.) The logo clearly is ambiguous enough to hint that this all is a rouse. It REALLY REALLY REALLY looks more like FOOL than Tool.

3.) The album is not supposed to be Lateralus II. Ok, then why reuse the same artist that all the fanboi's got wet over and discovered god and drugs too?

4.) The logo says Fool.

5.) There was no sub-clause in signing up for Tool Army that said you too wouldnt be fucked with.

6.) The logo says Fool.

I am CERTAIN now, on APRIL 1st we will get album art scans, a new album title, and track names.

And you know what the best part about this whole thing is? If for some godforsaken reason I *am* wrong, for the first time ever TOOL will have been successful in empowering ME in more ways than expected known, by giving me the conviction that
I TRULY could do better. Perhaps there IS some truth in the fact that the next chapter is US.

+1

Perseensilmä
03-20-2006, 05:41 PM
The only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable about this album is that they might not be joking. What if they really lost their taste?

(-) Thoth
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
The only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable about this album is that they might not be joking. What if they really lost their taste?
Yea, that scares me too. But they could be doing this on purpose, AND (usually) they don't let us down.

steve99_9
03-20-2006, 05:43 PM
OK-

4.) The logo says Fool.

6.) The logo says Fool.

okay...i was backing up tool track names when they came out
but i think you're right, after seeing the art and seeing what it really is...it just sounds right

Zhelives
03-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Looking at the original Alex Grey, I love how it depends on the perspective the image is viewed from, definitely not meant to be looked at head on. Therefore, this is definitely not a good album cover idea.

meatchunk
03-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Everyone relax... it will be a.o.k. in May

(-) Thoth
03-20-2006, 05:45 PM
well, if you say so/.

gl0tch
03-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Looking at the original Alex Grey, I love how it depends on the perspective the image is viewed from, definitely not meant to be looked at head on. Therefore, this is definitely not a good album cover idea.

If that was seriously something important to them, they would have made the album art a hologram or used lenticular technology again.

meatchunk
03-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Wasn't Tool having someone else do the artwork on the new album

hanger25934
03-20-2006, 05:47 PM
i'm done with all this bullshit. i'm waiting till the album comes out. toolband is a joke. tool should be comedians.

meatchunk
03-20-2006, 05:48 PM
i'm done with all this bullshit. i'm waiting till the album comes out. toolband is a joke. tool should be comedians.

Yeah and the joke is us

dave.
Not at all.

bonus.cheese
its too close to April first to consider anything real.

Slave
This message board should be taken down until May 2.

Tachyon
03-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I like it nonetheless. BMB abbreviates the albumname/hoax-name (pick one) as xmdays (the imagename of the TOOL/FOOL-logo (again pick one). So for who cares there's another mystery solved.

39 days 'till we know for sure and counting........

ArizonaBay
03-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Tool are now annoying me, Im a poor student who cannot afford a TV liscense and t'internet is my replacement. Im missing Harold going psychotic on Neighbours and being filled with this unbelievable shit instead. Goddamnit. This album better be good

sur
03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
I have to accept that this is getting confuse. I love the artwork, alex grey is an excellent artist...but use an old painting for the new album???....
and it say "fool".

meatchunk
03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Also, Widespread Panic had Alex Grey do an album cover for them. Interestingly enough, it looks very, very, similar to what is posted on toolband.com.

steve99_9
03-20-2006, 05:51 PM
So for who cares there's another mystery solved.

39 days 'till we know for sure and counting........
i honestly wish thats how it would work....

...KiLLeR ToFu...
03-20-2006, 05:52 PM
This message board should be taken down until May 2.
Good idea

meatchunk
Also, Widespread Panic had Alex Grey do an album cover for them. Interestingly enough, it looks very, very, similar to what is posted on toolband.com.
The name of the painting is called cosmic elf

hobophobe
It seems a logical possibility that this was one of the "kick around" possibilities for Lateralus. It was something Alex Grey had worked on, and has obviously done multiple takes of, but the "dissections" obviously came out as the way the art for Lateralus to go.

Montague
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
you know why so many people dont buy this? because spending time on this fucking messageboard you've picked this album apart to the point at which you're going to get the album, examine every part of it, and then be really dissapointed because you were expecting something you couldnt even imagine.

they're just Tool. chill the fuck out.

dracomordag
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
has toolband watermark on it now... if anyone cares

bonus.cheese
03-20-2006, 05:54 PM
lol steve u must have worked fast to get ur new avatar up in time to post.

ArizonaBay
It seems a logical possibility that this was one of the "kick around" possibilities for Lateralus. It was something Alex Grey had worked on, and has obviously done multiple takes of, but the "dissections" obviously came out as the way the art for Lateralus to go.

Your probably right. And your name made me laugh.

Systolic
If this is the artwork, then we ARE getting a Lateralus II.

abrack29
03-20-2006, 05:55 PM
I like it... I like the logo. Yup, that's all I got to say, I don't go into as much detail about it as you guys.

steve99_9
03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
lol steve u must have worked fast to get ur new avatar up in time to post.
i had the idea but i got a good buddy to do it for me, took him like 2 minutes...amazing hands he has

Systolic
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
I doesn't *FEEL* like a 10,000 Days-ish artwork... and with those wack-o promo pics.... I dont know....

fripptronic
03-20-2006, 05:58 PM
the logo looks good, the artwork looks good.

all is well in tooland.

bonus.cheese
i had the idea but i got a good buddy to do it for me, took him like 2 minutes...amazing hands he has

does he give massages?

mon-go-lloyd
I read an interview with adam jones a while ago, where he said that alex grey will indeed be involved with the new artwork. although they've said the album won't be lateralus II, alex grey will most certainly be involved somehow.

I like the artwork though. maybe it's fake, maybe it isn't. it remains to be seen.

it would be cool if that's the slipcover and the image is ingraved, so you can feel the actual pattern or whatever...(english is not my native tongue, so forgive me for any spelling mistakes)

peace and thumbs up!

sur
03-20-2006, 05:59 PM
did anyone see the letters in artwork...up side it's says tool, but down on there are a word that finished in "ban"?

edit: nevermind...it say toolband

Nemesis
03-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Can't be bothered checking if it's been mentioned, but there will be more to the art. We were supposedly going to find out the title of the album when it leaked. This image doesn't give away a title anywhere.

steve99_9
03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
does he give massages?
only in the crotch area

Xanatos
03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
At first glance I would have guessed it to be the real deal, but after reading that it is indeed an Alex Grey painting that has been around for a long time, I highly doubt it now, and it kind of makes me sad because I liked the artwork.

The logo is gay though.

Vexom
03-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Ha, I was going to come here and post how I like the new artwork but it looks like I am one of the few. I can see the case being textured and looking like this its carved on the front. It may be too much to do and expencive but it is tool after all its possible, they seem to try to do something different on each case design at least in the last few albulms.

meatchunk
03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
At first glance I would have guessed it to be the real deal, but after reading that it is indeed an Alex Grey painting that has been around for a long time, I highly doubt it now, and it kind of makes me sad because I liked the artwork.

The logo is gay though.

good point a. grey's artwork would be something new

thejesus
03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
did anyone see the letters in artwork...up side it's says tool, but down on there are a word that finished in "ban"?

edit: nevermind...it say toolband

I don't see what you are refering to

Geedorah
03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Well at least I was fooled for an hour......

sur
03-20-2006, 06:08 PM

there are some withe lines in the artwork. they say toolband...look closer.

researchtriangle
03-20-2006, 06:09 PM
what you all don't seem to realize is that the cd case will be wood with the artwork posted to be implemented as wood burning. it's gonna look great.

meatchunk
03-20-2006, 06:09 PM
If anyone has google earth. Go to it and type in are 51

bluefire
03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
what you all don't seem to realize is that the cd case will be wood with the artwork posted to be implemented as wood burning. it's gonna look great.

a wooden cd case, huh?

dracomordag
03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
I don't see what you are refering to.has toolband watermark on it now... if anyone cares

steve99_9
03-20-2006, 06:12 PM
hit refresh

mike09
03-20-2006, 06:12 PM
hit refresh

your avatar is brilliant. Great avatar...or greatest avatar?

Sasha
03-20-2006, 06:13 PM
I like how it does have the watermarks on it now. It may be because we ripped that shit to shreds and there's little to no credibility left to it, so Blair is pulling anything he can out of his ass.

bbunt302
03-20-2006, 06:16 PM
I guess I might as well throw in my 2 cents (or euros, pesos, or whatever you happen to throw in your home country). The artwork is alright. I actually kinda like the logo, although I must admit that it could be read as "fool" just as easily as "Tool". I will admit that I liked some of the fake art better than this one though (particularly the butterfly/cocoon/whatever the hell it was). I personally hope it's not the real deal just because I know they can do better. At the same time, I won't be too disappointed if it is. It's decent, just not amazing.

Also, I find the whole deal with not knowing what is real and what is not to be quite entertaining. After all, what does it matter if they are lying to us? How is that really hurting anyone? We'll all find out in about a month and a week. Then, the name will be what it will be... regardless of what we are told before then. Until then, just sit back and enjoy the excitement. Whether that means questioning everything you are told, or making fun of people on internet messge boards for being so skeptical and over-analyzing everything. :)

I think I'll be disappointed when the album does get here just because I'll no longer be able to sit on here all day and watch people argue back and forth. I just graduated from college and have yet to find a job (basically I have no life), and this is a great way to pass the time. One day we'll all look back at what went on in this forum leading up to the release and laugh. Or maybe vomit in our mouths a little bit. Depends on how seriously you take it I guess.

Hope this post isn't too long... like I said, I simply have nothing better to do. Much love people.

NoD
Anyone who still believes the new album is 10,000 days is brain dead. First the shitty title, now this 5 year old artwork from the lateralus tour as the fucking cover... with apr 1 approaching they're now starting to give big hints to bail their ass out.

Sauniere
If anyone has google earth. Go to it and type in are 51
And?

Boozy Eulogist
03-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Alex was finishing the actual piece in October.

Honestly I'm really surprised they are using it....not an original made for tool.

sur
03-20-2006, 06:17 PM
hit refresh

it's say: @toolband

so we are missing the first part (xmdays maybe), and the .com part.

maybe

STA
03-20-2006, 06:18 PM
And?

Yeah, I tried it, too. It just wasn't interesting.

meatchunk
03-20-2006, 06:19 PM
And?
i meant area 51