PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming Feeling.....

Sanjeas55
03-10-2003, 10:56 AM
I could speculate at what Pushit means. I could sit here and try to delineate the whole song. I'm not going to. I want to take the time to just say that this song has changed everything. It is hard to put into words how strong this song is to me. When I first heard Pushit, I almost cried. I have no idea why. I don't know what I was feeling. It just moved me so much. I used to hate Tool when I first heard them, but it was because I didn't listen.....I just heard. Now, they are the only band that moves me when I hear the music. Pushit is the song that changed everything. I hear that the song is about a relationship, but I am not sure what it means to me. I am not sure what the members of Tool meant. All I know is that Pushit is a song that takes over you. I try not to listen to the lyrics....the music is what kicks me in the stomach. The crescendos and decrescendos are used so meticulously. Maynard's voice is amazing, and this doesn't even do it justice. The guitar is so mysterious, the bass is electrifying, and the drums.....there are no words to describe it. I wish I could sit down with the band and ask, "So, how does it feel?" That's what Pushit means to me.

hannah
03-13-2003, 05:12 PM
I had the same experience. The first time I heard Pushit I was expecting to hate the style of music. But then I was just stunned and swept off my feet by Tool and Pushit. The best way to describe how I felt and still feel about the song is like a far away part of myself, maybe of everyone, is expressed in that song.

the spiral
03-22-2003, 07:02 PM
I know exactly what you mean. That song has touched me in a way that is not possible to describe with words. Just flat out amazing. I still hold strong in my oppinion that it is the single greatest piece of music ever recorded by human-beings.