PDA

View Full Version : Poem - God

numb...
03-09-2003, 08:24 PM
After much thinking and discussion, i have decided my own interpretation of this creepy poem. I played it to a good friend of mine whom grew up in a catholic household, and she said the poem may be about god.... and i think she is right. The person keeps speaking of how when he looked at the sky it was blue, and then the grass was green, then how come people dident understand thoughs things, very subtily this can be perseved as the first testament.., the creation section, and then the main give away, two people (adam & eve) and how they are his, the woods could be the garden of edan..... slowly making sence, i think the significants of the stickyness... resembels birth, yanow like this person had been just bourn, well i couldent think of any other ideas, but it is very creepey......

Nirvana
03-10-2003, 08:21 AM
nice thinking... some little holes... but i dont look at that..

great interpetation

Meaningless Post:):-:(Nirvana):-:(

SilentThinker
05-09-2003, 11:07 AM
"Oh and God saw that his world was good. He then looked down at the fields he had created and said "Let there be a red Dodge Viper", and the first automobile had been created, "Let the first camera this planet has ever witnessed be on the front seat!", and god saw that the lense and zooming quality was outstanding. He then flew across the fields to take the very first portrait pictures of those he had created in his image.

Great thinking, but it kinda falls apart in the long run :) But I do think it is well thought, to a point.

Jimmy Pop
05-20-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by SilentThinker
"Oh and God saw that his world was good. He then looked down at the fields he had created and said "Let there be a red Dodge Viper", and the first automobile had been created, "Let the first camera this planet has ever witnessed be on the front seat!", and god saw that the lense and zooming quality was outstanding. He then flew across the fields to take the very first portrait pictures of those he had created in his image.
lol...

I thought the same thing when I read it. I don't think he wakes up and sees a red car, he is ful of goo, and he just created Adam and Eva.... But who knows what Tool means. They probably want people to interpretate it like whatever sounds good to them...

sircorn
05-22-2003, 11:58 AM
well, your idea is ok, but the idea that it's the second messiah makes a little more sence. It takes place now, (cars exist) and the person seems to own everything insinuating that he is divne (maybe?). dunno just and idea but im not sure im entirely right.

Cylith
11-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Another hole with the God theory is that is says "Your head hurt and it rang when you stood up. Your head was almost empty. It always hurt you when you woke up like this." I'm not sure what it means, but the song does not seem to be about God. I suppose it could be about the second coming of Jesus, as was mentioned by sircon, but it doesn't really seem to fit either. Oh well.