PDA

View Full Version : pythonesque

fork
03-09-2003, 06:42 PM
I'm sure everybody knows the theory about jimmy being about some kind of trauma happening at the age of eleven, and then later trying to connect with it, in order to understand. anyways, you may also know that "intermission", the ditty that directly precedes jimmy was most certainly adapted from the "intermission" sequence of monty python and the holy grail. (remember the whole obsession with rennes le chateau and the holy grail, etc. on danny carey's website and the secret html on the official tool)
Anways, according to material I've seen, Maynard "james aka jimmy" keenan was born in 1964. I did a quick search on imdb for "monty python and the holy grail." get this, it came out in 1975, making little boy Keenan 11 years old at the time! it could be a coincidence, but it seems to be a fairly good confirmation of what the song, jimmy, is about along with disclosing some sort of ode to the great comedy of monty python.

sircorn
03-10-2003, 04:13 PM
what obsession and what secreat html are you talking about? id like to hear more about this theory if i had some references.

yllwcrystlstr
03-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by fork
I'm sure everybody knows the theory about jimmy being about some kind of trauma happening at the age of eleven, and then later trying to connect with it, in order to understand. anyways, you may also know that "intermission", the ditty that directly precedes jimmy was most certainly adapted from the "intermission" sequence of monty python and the holy grail. (remember the whole obsession with rennes le chateau and the holy grail, etc. on danny carey's website and the secret html on the official tool)
Anways, according to material I've seen, Maynard "james aka jimmy" keenan was born in 1964. I did a quick search on imdb for "monty python and the holy grail." get this, it came out in 1975, making little boy Keenan 11 years old at the time! it could be a coincidence, but it seems to be a fairly good confirmation of what the song, jimmy, is about along with disclosing some sort of ode to the great comedy of monty python.

very very good job, intermission makes more sense (it was cool anyways). Adam has spoken in interviews about how Monty python changed his life....that and dmt

fork
03-11-2003, 12:02 PM
www.toolband.com/secrets/renne/main.html

there are a few other secrets in the tool site as well, such as a pong game, and a live audio bit from a concert (very small), you can access them all by pixel hunting over the TV looking thing on the official tool website. also, check out dannycarey.org for more info on rennes le chateau and the holy grail.

Druzzel Dermgo
03-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Man...that's good. SOMEONE has some serious dedication...or boredom problems...and I'm impressed...about the pixel hunting - are you talking Toolband.com?

I also had a thought while reading this...you said that Maynard might have had a trauma at age 11. Well...at one site I was at...I don't remember which one, I read a bio about Maynard. In it, it said that Maynard didn't go to his [step]father's funeral and that Maynard after a long time explained that it was because the man anally abused him - explaining Prison Sex...maybe...just maybe...his stepfather is being referred to in Jimmy as well...

Yiakovos
04-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Hold on a second, why would Monty Python be tied in with a song obviously about something very important in Maynard's life? Sorry, I know you didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition but it seems quite puzzling.