PDA

View Full Version : LATERALUS the album... wow!

TheGrudge
03-08-2003, 11:52 PM
basically no matter how hard i try to put this into words, it is not possible for me in anyway whatsoever, so ill ask with a poorly worded sentence/paragraph or 2. Has anybody else had an absolute transformation/metamorphisis of themself, being and mind since listening to this album ? has anybody else been inspired to read a CRAZY amount of information about things normally deemed to be irreleant ? has anybody else felt themself AND ESPECIALLY their mind / being been"split" into 2 by this album [the best way i can describe it is that its similar to schitzophrenia in a way, by losing your mind and then regaining it, etc] ? has anybody else found that now the world means so much more for so many more reasons [like i am not a hippy/greenie or whatever, yet i can honestly say i love the earth as much as i love a person, and i communicate my love to the earth whenever possible, even though it doesnt need to be done, as i know that the earth knows i love it :D ] ? basically i want to know / talk to other people that have listened to this album and have been inspired to find a "new" way of life, a "new" meaning or whatever you wish to refer to it is. I wish to talk to other people that have been inspired also, so inspired to spend hours upon hours researching and reading into new weird and wonderful things [ie the sacred geometry of the circle of churches, sacred geometry in general, mexican or indian shammanism, read a book by karl sagan, carlos castaneda, anything along those lines - etc ] that they cannot and willnot ever be the same person/being that they were once before, as i know i never will be! basically i want to talk to people that in the words of lateralus, come to the same conclusion, thought process or whatever you want to call it as TOOL, and the one in particular that im referring too is "i embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired and, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human!" becaise i can honestly say that i embrace my desire for all of the above, and i want to know who else can too ?!

th3rdeye
03-09-2003, 12:16 AM
My desire to find the truth, as it may be, has always been a natural drive. Has this album shoved that drive? Of course. Because of Lateralus I have started meditating to it, and it in all honestly releases me.

But it's not just THIS album..all of them bring light into the mind, destroying the darkness created by society when we are young and impressionable.

I indeed have started reading other books, along with having read them before. I can't say Tool has changed me into a completely different person, because that was inevitable. Tool has just been a steady companion, a helpful refrence at all times. I couldn't say that about anyone, nor will I ever be able to.

TheGrudge
03-09-2003, 02:02 AM
that was certainly well worth reading and taking in, i thank you for taking your time to reply to my ramblings! i agree with everything that you say whole heartidly, and infact alot of the things you said are what i was indeed trying to say but just didnt have the words for it, i find it difficult to explain something that to me is unexplainable! but yes you certainly have done a good job of that, and yes would it be possible to get a recomendation list of books or texts or whatever to read that are along the lines of what we are talking about, that would be EXTREMELY appreciated, good work with what you have achieved so far, and i give you my best wishes for the road you will travel in the future! once again thanks for the reply!

XiPHiaS
03-09-2003, 05:48 AM
I just have to say that i only realy started listening to tool when i heard lateralus. The rest is good as well, but lateralus is great.

yllwcrystlstr
03-10-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by TheGrudge
basically no matter how hard i try to put this into words, it is not possible for me in anyway whatsoever, so ill ask with a poorly worded sentence/paragraph or 2. Has anybody else had an absolute transformation/metamorphisis of themself, being and mind since listening to this album ? has anybody else been inspired to read a CRAZY amount of information about things normally deemed to be irreleant ? has anybody else felt themself AND ESPECIALLY their mind / being been"split" into 2 by this album [the best way i can describe it is that its similar to schitzophrenia in a way, by losing your mind and then regaining it, etc] ? has anybody else found that now the world means so much more for so many more reasons [like i am not a hippy/greenie or whatever, yet i can honestly say i love the earth as much as i love a person, and i communicate my love to the earth whenever possible, even though it doesnt need to be done, as i know that the earth knows i love it :D ] ? basically i want to know / talk to other people that have listened to this album and have been inspired to find a "new" way of life, a "new" meaning or whatever you wish to refer to it is. I wish to talk to other people that have been inspired also, so inspired to spend hours upon hours researching and reading into new weird and wonderful things [ie the sacred geometry of the circle of churches, sacred geometry in general, mexican or indian shammanism, read a book by karl sagan, carlos castaneda, anything along those lines - etc ] that they cannot and willnot ever be the same person/being that they were once before, as i know i never will be! basically i want to talk to people that in the words of lateralus, come to the same conclusion, thought process or whatever you want to call it as TOOL, and the one in particular that im referring too is "i embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired and, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human!" becaise i can honestly say that i embrace my desire for all of the above, and i want to know who else can too ?!

two words for me: reflection and kundalini

OpiAtE_666
03-10-2003, 07:54 PM
yes

ObviousParadox
03-10-2003, 08:42 PM
let go.

that simple phrase changed me so much...

Rogue47
03-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by mstajduh
I think that's the whole purpose of the album.. to convey through music the experience of being alive.. which is Joseph Campbell's way of saying that that is the meaning of life. In interviews by TooL, they have said that one of the biggest problems in the world today is the misuse of information. How reporters and journalist are reporting the facts from a certain perspective as what people only want to hear. They should, instead, report all aspects of the viewpoint even though they might hurt the opinions of those people. It's about bring two opposites together finding a happy medium. How the conflict is just something exciting in a monotonous world but that's it's only constructive purpose. If you become consumed by the conflict, that's all your life will be. One needs to learn to conserve and consume the energy of life.. knowing that it's about potential and kinetic energy.. if you allow your nerves to control you, you are wasting energy to perhaps another moment in time when you might need that energy (for when you work out, sex, etc).. this is what becoming eternal and disposition-al is all about. This is what God is.. energy.. the laws of nature.. the first law of thermodynamics is that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. When relating that to psychology and other areas of study, you begin to understand there are indeed two sides to every story.. and both are valid.. but they can be summed up into One idea.. this is God... the unity factor.. but even within unity, there is divide.. hence, the whole recursion of life.

Awesome, awesome! You really know what is going on. I really enjoy your thoughts on the whole energy thing. I'm a college student working on getting my journalism degree, and just being able to open up my mind due to Tool's influence and influence from the film, "The Matrix," has allowed me to want to change what journalism is all about. I want both sides to be shown. I'm sure Al Quida had a reason for flying planes into the WTC, but no American knows what those reasons are. I don't agree with what they did, but I believe more of an understanding could take place. Then perhaps we wouldn't have all these Iraq "problems." Always question authority. I've always lived my life like that, and Tool has definitely increased my need for the real truth. I'm glad that I can come to this board and read thoughts from other intelligent turht seekers. It gives me more hope for our future.

Let's hope for a global revolution.

yllwcrystlstr
03-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Rogue47
Awesome, awesome! You really know what is going on. I really enjoy your thoughts on the whole energy thing. I'm a college student working on getting my journalism degree, and just being able to open up my mind due to Tool's influence and influence from the film, "The Matrix," has allowed me to want to change what journalism is all about. I want both sides to be shown. I'm sure Al Quida had a reason for flying planes into the WTC, but no American knows what those reasons are. I don't agree with what they did, but I believe more of an understanding could take place. Then perhaps we wouldn't have all these Iraq "problems." Always question authority. I've always lived my life like that, and Tool has definitely increased my need for the real truth. I'm glad that I can come to this board and read thoughts from other intelligent turht seekers. It gives me more hope for our future.

Let's hope for a global revolution.

yes, let this be known, that all seekers of turht can unite and defeat the esli!!

PearlForum
03-14-2003, 08:29 PM
yah this band has changed me in a way im not quite sure how yet

YURAKAPTIV
03-16-2003, 12:15 PM
I have had this theory for a while bouncing around in my head.I belive that the Lateralus album is a tool to open our minds further or in a way reprogramm certain people.there are many thing to look at,like has anyone read the post where Chino from Deftones talks about how he went to Tool studio and saw a huge Calculus problem on a wall.Well knowing that Tool puts codes in there music I thought what if Lateralus was one big code or math problem of sorts.If so,all math problems have an answer or result.What is the result?Also look at The Nightmare Before Christmas and how Jack is trying to figure out how to create Christ or Christmas.With all the numerology that they know about theyknow things that have been studied and perfected for thousands of years.Alsoif anyone knows anything about The Psychodelic Experience,The Tibetan Book of the Dead(on Tools reading list)there are passages that are read to someone who is under the influence of hallucinogens to produce certain visions and thoughts,so could Tool be using there music as a tool to create certain visions in our heads,resulting in a new way of thinking.I do belive only certain people are affected by these subliminal codes,the people who are ready to take the next step in evolution and become new people/aliens.I can tell that my brain and body have been going through some weird changes for the past year and a half even weird by my standards,thoughts have been creeping into my head that I couldn't fully imagine three monthst ago,ita seem s like I've changed as a pesron 3 or 4 times since Lateralus came out,each time I gain large amounts of third eye sight .Maybe I'm just going insane maybe I'm on to something genius,need some more time to think this idea through,would love some feedback,(i'm sure at least a few think i'm schitzo,but i've been called that more than a few times so it doesn't bother me so shoot away)YURAKAPTIV

psyco_jeter
03-16-2003, 12:45 PM
you know how when you read a good book, and your so exicited about it because you have so many different ideas and thoughts about it, and you just wanna tell everyone about them. thats how i feel about tool, every time i hear a song, see a different piece of art work, or dig a little deeper, i always feel so excited. and i always wish to meet MJK, so i could talk with him and see what he thinks, were he comes from when writing his music. none of my friends are like that, they're all into parties and what not. and thats fine, i like parties, but thats all they think about. and like i said, its really neat to see someone like MJK, i just wish i could know him, and his writing better.

yllwcrystlstr
03-17-2003, 12:46 PM
psychOdelics? E. totally different connotation.
you're right, keep going and dont question yourself in that way ("am i insane"). Insanity is what most consider everyday life.

pilar649
03-26-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm glad that I can come to this board and read thoughts from other intelligent turht seekers. It gives me more hope for our future.

Let's hope for a global revolution. [/B][/QUOTE]

this is what i long for a change a radical change in how people follow each other in terms of what is "acceptable in society" fuck what society thinks lets hear what YOU really think and feel and live for!

thank you all for your input , i don't find much of this kind around where i live.

Tool is like my battery, my medicine if you will