PDA

View Full Version : Don't flame me for this - its kind of an interesting theory

Systolic
03-15-2006, 06:47 AM
One thing that everyone seems to have forgotten to acknolwledge is that the only place we are getting this info is from the internet.

Its no coincidence that Amazon hasn't listed the title of the album yet.

Its no coincidence that Blair has been consistently deceptive up until recently.

Its no coinicidence that the 10,000 days track titles are questionable.

Its no coincidence that the picture of the band has "Thorn" on Adam's hand.

Its no coincidence that according to Blair "LK"'s name was changed, but yet "Lost Keys" is still a working title.

And finally

Its no coincidence that the only place we know all this from is the web.

They're still bullshitting us, and they will continue to do so until we have something concrete in our hands. I think that is Tool's ultimate point, that our sources of communication are not as effective as we assume that they are.

chalimar
03-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Amazon hasn't listed a title because Amazon is retarded.
Blair keeps telling everyone that 10,000 Days IS the real title and that the tracks are also real, as does Adam.
Why are they questionable?
That picture was taken almost one year ago.
Where does Blair say that "Lost Keys" is still a working title?
The web isn't the only source.

I don't care if they're bullshitting us. If they are, so be it. But it's highly unlikely.

Doylebag
03-15-2006, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE+=its no coincidence that the only place we know all this from is the web.
QUOTE]

yea man definitley. kinda doesnt help too when this forum is full of about 15 threads, all worded differently but talking about the same thing.

Perseensilmä
03-15-2006, 06:56 AM
And it´s no coincidence that 10,000 days has been mentioned in some music magazines.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Blair keeps telling everyone that 10,000 Days IS the real title and that the tracks are also real, as does Adam.

I don't care if they're bullshitting us. If they are, so be it. But it's highly unlikely.

By working title, I mean the real one.

You're falling into exactly what my theory states.

What other sources do you have? Tell me a magazine, or a book, or a newspaper, or a radio station I see/hear that says anything about Tool's new album.

There's no way to know.

For all we know, the band themselves made ALL of those fake album covers just to serve as a way to distract people from finding the real thing.

Hell, if you want to look at this way go for it -

The word "Tool" can mean lots of things, and throughout Tool's albums, there have been obvious themes, and I think that Tool has used various shortcomings in society as "tools" to fuel their albums.

Opiate - Religion and Censorship
Undertow - Fear of the Unknown
AEnima - Drugs, Corporate sponsorship, and celebrities
Lateralus - Knowledge and narcissism

My theory is New Album - Means of communication.

I think all of this debacle serves as a primer for the new album. It makes sense to me. A LOT of sense.

dracomordag
03-15-2006, 07:00 AM

What other sources do you have? Tell me a magazine, or a book, or a newspaper, or a radio station I see/hear that says anything about Tool's new album.

There's no way to know.

For all we know, the band themselves made ALL of those fake album covers just to serve as a way to distract people from finding the real thing.

The word "Tool" can mean lots of things, and throughout Tool's albums, there have been obvious themes, and I think that Tool has used various shortcomings in society as "tools" to fuel their albums.

I think all of this debacle serves as a primer for the new album. It makes sense to me. A LOT of sense.

actually, quite a few magazines have mentioned the title

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:00 AM
please merge this thread

it's getting out of hand, here

I don't theorize about the album a whole lot, but I just had this thought on my mind. I've been here long enough to know how it works. I just thought I'd see if anyone could see where I was coming from.

I think this idea is a little distinct from some of the others.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:01 AM

Which ones, just out of curiosity.

This is only an idea, after all.. purely speculation.

insaner
03-15-2006, 07:02 AM

There's no way to know.

if you could pull your head out of your ass and look around youd see that quite a few radio stations and magazines have put forth this info. no, its not only from the net. if you could pry yourself away from the computer for a couple minutes a day maybe you would see these other sources.

paraflux
03-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Jesus, do people not get what he is trying to say? His head seems to be pretty far from his ass.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:04 AM
if you could pull your head out of your ass and look around youd see that quite a few radio stations and magazines have put forth this info. no, its not only from the net. if you could pry yourself away from the computer for a couple minutes a day maybe you would see these other sources.

Like what?

I dont have my head in my ass, and I'm not on my computer all day. The only evidence *I* have seen has been from the net.

I'm not trying to start World War III, I'm a busy person and I don't always have time to have my head stuck up Tool's asses 24/7 and know every last bit of info AS it arises. Don't criticize me for having a life outside of a forum.

orange.juice
someone needs a chill pill...

chalimar

There's no way to know.

They already have done interviews with Kerrang for example, where they say that the title is 10,000 Days and where they also give 3 track titles.

dracomordag
03-15-2006, 07:05 AM
I agree that this very well could be a point

I'm just saying that a few magazines and radios have reported the album title.

However, I don't doubt that his theory is a possibility.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Why isn't this under rumors?

Its not a rumor!

Its a theory... big difference, and I think it is slightly more plausible than a LOT of the crap I have seen here.

First of all, its not a bunch of convluted numbers added and subtracted, second of all it correlates trends that EVERYONE has seen, and third of all, its not something that has been mentioned before.

So what the fuck is wrong with it?

chalimar
03-15-2006, 07:06 AM
It is a possibility. A remote one though.

@systolic: Please calm down. Thanks.

Bogart
03-15-2006, 07:09 AM
I think its safe to say the album will be 10,000 Days.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:09 AM
It is a possibility. A remote one though.

@systolic: Please calm down. Thanks.

I'm calm. Its just dumb to get mad because I throw an idea in the air. I thought the people on this forum WANTED to think about things. I thought that that was kind of the one thing that Tool fans generally have in common.. the desire to know and to understand.

Everything that is happening is intentional. We know that Tool keeps up with this forum, or else Adam wouldn't have made a comment about "The simpsons newspaper guy on TDN" or whatever. Come on folks... don't give them the benefit of the doubt.. I don't think they WANT you to.

chalimar
03-15-2006, 07:15 AM
I'm calm. Its just dumb to get mad because I throw an idea in the air. I thought the people on this forum WANTED to think about things. I thought that that was kind of the one thing that Tool fans generally have in common.. the desire to know and to understand.

Everything that is happening is intentional. We know that Tool keeps up with this forum, or else Adam wouldn't have made a comment about "The simpsons newspaper guy on TDN" or whatever. Come on folks... don't give them the benefit of the doubt.. I don't think they WANT you to.

I do not believe them. Everything is possible. But right at the moment, it just looks like the titles are real.

But frankly, I don't care (that much). :)

Fourth Part Of A Circle
03-15-2006, 07:21 AM
I think this is a plausable theory.

For one thing, neither the album name or tracklist posted on their website have a signature affixed to the posting which, while not automatically pointing to them being false, does raise a bit of suspision.

Also, that the title and tracks are in magazines doesn't mean that the writers of the article got that information from the band. They may have done the interview, then jumped on the net to research a few more facts and come across the album name and tracklisting on toolband.com.

pork chops
03-15-2006, 07:24 AM
I do not believe them. Everything is possible. But right at the moment, it just looks like the titles are real.

But frankly, I don't care (that much). :)

i agree, it does look like the title is real. but i too really don't care that much. as for people attacking systolic for his opinion and theory, that is just weak. let a person share without the fear of coming under attack. i have only been here a short time but it gets pretty tired listening to people bash eachother for thinking for themselves. for people who claim to be such avid tool fans, some of you don't seem to listen to what they are trying to say. the idea here is to listen with an open mind to opinions that are not like your own and use that information as a tool to help you. love is easier that hate

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:25 AM

For one thing, neither the album name or tracklist posted on their website have a signature affixed to the posting which, while not automatically pointing to them being false, does raise a bit of suspision.

Also, that the title and tracks are in magazines doesn't mean that the writers of the article got that information from the band. They may have done the interview, then jumped on the net to research a few more facts and come across the album name and tracklisting on toolband.com.

Further strengthening the idea that our accepted methods of communication are bad.

Nice.

MoreTool
03-15-2006, 07:27 AM
http://www.cadburyschweppes.com/EN/Brands/About/Confectionery/factsheet_maynards.htm

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 07:27 AM
One thing that everyone seems to have forgotten to acknolwledge is that the only place we are getting this info is from the internet.

Its no coincidence that Blair has been consistently deceptive up until recently.

Its no coincidence that according to Blair "LK"'s name was changed, but yet "Lost Keys" is still a working title.

And finally

They're still bullshitting us, and they will continue to do so until we have something concrete in our hands. I think that is Tool's ultimate point, that our sources of communication are not as effective as we assume that they are.
you will be greatly rewarded.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:35 AM
And still... no one has given any idea as to what "Thorn" on Adam's hand could mean.
Only thing I can correlate it to is the "Aldaraia" tracklisting.

5th Eye
03-15-2006, 07:39 AM
You may be on to something.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:42 AM
You may be on to something.

I'm about to delve a little deeper... Humans are fundamentally flawed, and nothing is perfect... so there is SOME flaw in whatever Tool is doing at this point, be it true or not. I'm seriously going to print out every Tooband newsletter from the last 6 months and find every inconsistency I can. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

I mean seriously...

Aldaraia = 23

10,000 Days = Viginti Tres...

Blair says its simply a coincidence... Bullshit.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Okay I have found one thing so far --

The Barbecue OBVIOUSLY refers to the album, and its process of production.

Take a look at Adam's myspace pictures in his blogs.

On recording day 5, you see a picture of Maynard with his eyes censored out at a grill, cooking something that OBVIOUSLY doesn't look edible. The BBQ is a metaphor to things band-oriented... probably pictures, but not sure.

Heres the link to his blogs in case you need to see it for yourself.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=20913840&MyToken=fpqImz,bcbfuvyicocML

Priapus
03-15-2006, 07:58 AM
Dear me.

You are trying way too hard to find something that simply isn't there.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 07:58 AM
"So, that's what threatened tonight's festivities. The guys were scheduled to fly to Portland, Maine early in morning to have the record mastered by Bob Ludwig, but here it was after ten at night, and they were still tweaking things. Cutting it pretty close, I thought, but it's probably just Danny's **** - they'll be dismantling lobsters soon enough."

Thats Feb's newsletter.

Just a side note, it seems like Danny's gong may have caused some production problems.. not really relevant to what I am doing, just something I found.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 08:00 AM
"Contemplating a Patron/Corona/Patron series of moves while sitting alone at the table, my friend Benny approached and asked me if I'd heard the latest mix of Justin and Maynard's intro (?) on a particular track? I told him that I hadn't, and that I could wait until it's mastered... or even longer."

Did Andy King mention anything about a Justin/Maynard intro in his review?

pork chops
03-15-2006, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=Systolic]On recording day 5, you see a picture of Maynard with his eyes censored out at a grill, cooking something that OBVIOUSLY doesn't look edible.

[QUOTE]

i know this has nothing to do with anything, but as a person who absolutley loves to cook i couldn't let it go unsaid. what maynard is grilling is roasted red peppers. if you have never had them they are delicious.

jwb
03-15-2006, 08:02 AM
On recording day 5, you see a picture of Maynard with his eyes censored out at a grill, cooking something that OBVIOUSLY doesn't look edible. The BBQ is a metaphor to things band-oriented... probably pictures, but not sure.

I'm pretty sure he cooking stuffed red peppers.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=Systolic]On recording day 5, you see a picture of Maynard with his eyes censored out at a grill, cooking something that OBVIOUSLY doesn't look edible.

QUOTE]

i know this has nothing to do with anything, but as a person who absolutley loves to cook i couldn't let it go unsaid. what maynard is grilling is roasted red peppers. if you have never had them they are delicious.

Oh okay cool.

haha thanks for clarifying.

Heres something else I found:

"What's that, Blair?" he asked, not hearing the question. "Is it loud enough" I repeated the question, thinking to myself that going deaf from an eternal cymbal-ring is a small price to pay for the epicurean life of Maine lobster."

Yet ANOTHER reference to a gong and a lobster in the same context.

chalimar
03-15-2006, 08:04 AM
lobster -> lobster dinner at the mastering guy's place.

smokesum
03-15-2006, 08:06 AM
the song titles are actually very tool-ish
the name of the album is not though.. i believe the album title will be something that means '10,000 days'

Priapus
03-15-2006, 08:08 AM
You know what your problem is Systolic?

You think we matter far more to the band than what we actually do.

You are currently trying to prove that Kabir, Blair and the band are going to rather extraordinary lengths to fabricate a hoax that we are the target of.

NEWSFLASH - WE ARE NOT TOOL'S CHOSEN ONES, AND THEY ARE NOT SPECIALLY CODING A MESSAGE THROUGH THE MEDIA FOR US TO DECODE SO THAT WE MAY ALL ENGAGE THEM IN SODOMY.

No offense intended, I just really think this is all going way too far.

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Don't you understand... Tool.

TOOL

Behemoth
03-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm about to delve a little deeper... Humans are fundamentally flawed, and nothing is perfect... so there is SOME flaw in whatever Tool is doing at this point, be it true or not. I'm seriously going to print out every Tooband newsletter from the last 6 months and find every inconsistency I can. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

I mean seriously...

Aldaraia = 23

10,000 Days = Viginti Tres...

Blair says its simply a coincidence... Bullshit.
Meh, it's not even 23&1... That name would have been even more questionable.

paraflux
03-15-2006, 08:12 AM
You know that your problem is Systolic?

This is not a good way to get your point across.

Priapus
03-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Fixed.

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 08:22 AM
don't the black ones steal your watch?

Systolic
03-15-2006, 08:24 AM
"This was evident by something that happened during the Working that, at the time, I thought was insignificant (a curious bit of side phenomena, perhaps, but one that wasn't even worth mentioning in the transcript). What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M."

Complete and total bullshit... FULL of inconsistencies.

First - Soror is Enochian for "Action F", which is an direct translation. A technikrym, in case anyone doesn't know, is a title that is temporary.. Its kind of like a Pseuodnym, so this means that Tool knew that song titles would change, which is fine... BUT, Blair mentions that the song was changed to one that begins with an "M". What song on the 10,000 days tracklist starts with an "M"? None of them.

Now, onto something about what Blair emailed someone referring to "****" referring to a Gong. I now think that that is not what **** means.

This is by Blair to "dissonance19", who asked Blair about the **** and about LK's title being changed to M...

the word was "gong" which was used on JAMBI. Read the newsletter
again. M is for Marie. Compare the titles to the hoaxed ones. ~ BMB

Yet ANOTHER inconsistency within the titles as well, because according to blair, the track changed to "M" involved the letter "F" (because of the enochian term Soror, as I pointed out above), NOT LK. But about the **** thing, Blair posts this in the feb newsletter:

I decided to head to my favorite 24-hour diner and then back to the pub for a couple of "Mind Erasers." I'd acquired far too much information (especially about Danny's ****, that which he didn't get to use at O' Henry) for one night, and couldn't trust myself not to write about it in the February newsletter or elsewhere on the site.

Come one folks, use some logic... How much can there really be to talk about a GONG? I mean... Dannys use of a gong can't be THAT amazing.. A gong isnt even an instrument you consistently pound on or create poly rhythms with, or solo with, or anything... Its more of an accenting instrument. I think Blair meant solo, because that would be something MUCH more cool to talk about, and we already know that Andy King referred to an amazing drum solo on the album.

Furthermore - A person on this forum named Darkmoogle asked Blair a question pertaining to why his signature was NOT underneath the tracklistings on the site. This is Blair's response:
Blair sent this to Darkmoogle:

Hi,

I agree. I wonder what they're going to say when they hold it in their hands and see those are the actual track listings? Oh, well, they wanted to know the titles and we posted them. Not much more I can do until the single is released. I saw the photo... actually several fake covers. I can tell you this: if (when) the real artwork leaks out, no body will think it's fake. Well, there's always a few TA people.

He dodged the point COMPLETELY. Yet more inconsistencies.

Thats all for now.

Priapus
03-15-2006, 08:27 AM
don't the black ones steal your watch?

lolrus

You caught my post before I edited it.....

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 08:30 AM
i like you, sys.

Priapus
03-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Lets show the whole email, shall we?

Darkmoogle:
"I find it funny as hell that fewer people believe the album title and tracklist on toolband.com than believed Aldaraia and what the fuck ever. Apparently it's because of two things: one, tool has lied to fans before, and two, neither of those posts are signed BMB, so it's anonymous and is probably bullshit.

Or something. I'd always been under the impression that Tool fans were supposed to have a bit more smarts, but a lot of them have taken 'dont believe everything you hear' to incredible extremes (but only in regards to information about the new album; not, you know, anything important).

Oh, and one of the newest fake (i assume) album covers is apparently on amazon.de - except for the fact that the url toolune.de appears in the URL, and that's a shitty anti-tool site I've never seen before."

Blair:

"Hi,

I agree. I wonder what they're going to say when they hold it in their hands and see those are the actual track listings? Oh, well, they wanted to know the titles and we posted them. Not much more I can do until the single is released. I saw the photo... actually several fake covers. I can tell you this: if (when) the real artwork leaks out, no body will think it's fake. Well, there's always a few TA people."

Blair was NOT directly asked why his sig wasn't under the post, and therefore did NOT dodge anything, you clown.

dracomordag
03-15-2006, 08:34 AM
"This was evident by something that happened during the Working that, at the time, I thought was insignificant (a curious bit of side phenomena, perhaps, but one that wasn't even worth mentioning in the transcript). What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M."

Complete and total bullshit... FULL of inconsistencies.

First - Soror is Enochian for "Action F", which is an direct translation. A technikrym, in case anyone doesn't know, is a title that is temporary.. Its kind of like a Pseuodnym, so this means that Tool knew that song titles would change, which is fine... BUT, Blair mentions that the song was changed to one that begins with an "M". What song on the 10,000 days tracklist starts with an "M"? None of them.

Now, onto something about what Blair emailed someone referring to "****" referring to a Gong. I now think that that is not what **** means.

This is by Blair to "dissonance19", who asked Blair about the **** and about LK's title being changed to M...

the word was "gong" which was used on JAMBI. Read the newsletter
again. M is for Marie. Compare the titles to the hoaxed ones. ~ BMB

Yet ANOTHER inconsistency within the titles as well, because according to blair, the track changed to "M" involved the letter "F" (because of the enochian term Soror, as I pointed out above), NOT LK. But about the **** thing, Blair posts this in the feb newsletter:

if you notice, the track title is "wings For Marie"

I decided to head to my favorite 24-hour diner and then back to the pub for a couple of "Mind Erasers." I'd acquired far too much information (especially about Danny's ****, that which he didn't get to use at O' Henry) for one night, and couldn't trust myself not to write about it in the February newsletter or elsewhere on the site.

Come one folks, use some logic... How much can there really be to talk about a GONG? I mean... Dannys use of a gong can't be THAT amazing.. A gong isnt even an instrument you consistently pound on or create poly rhythms with, or solo with, or anything... Its more of an accenting instrument. I think Blair meant solo, because that would be something MUCH more cool to talk about, and we already know that Andy King referred to an amazing drum solo on the album.
Danny's always loved the gong, and manages to sneak it in on almost every album.

Furthermore - A person on this forum named Darkmoogle asked Blair a question pertaining to why his signature was NOT underneath the tracklistings on the site. This is Blair's response:
Blair sent this to Darkmoogle:

Hi,

I agree. I wonder what they're going to say when they hold it in their hands and see those are the actual track listings? Oh, well, they wanted to know the titles and we posted them. Not much more I can do until the single is released. I saw the photo... actually several fake covers. I can tell you this: if (when) the real artwork leaks out, no body will think it's fake. Well, there's always a few TA people.

He dodged the point COMPLETELY. Yet more inconsistencies.

Thats all for now.

I doubt Blair would find it that interesting that he didn't sign each and every post. He's left his signature off plenty of times. Meanwhile, in the email, he told you plain and simple that these are the real track names.

blair's man sausage
03-15-2006, 08:35 AM
And still... no one has given any idea as to what "Thorn" on Adam's hand could mean.
Only thing I can correlate it to is the "Aldaraia" tracklisting.

maybe he's reminding himself to be careful when he prunes the rose bushes

Priapus
03-15-2006, 08:37 AM
maybe he's reminding himself to be careful when he prunes the rose bushes

LOL!

a788
03-15-2006, 08:37 AM

i was listening to the radio the other day and it also said that "Aldaria" or whatever it was called was the new track title.... you don't know what you're talking about

paraflux
03-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Perhaps the radio station you were listening to didnt know what they were talking about either.

a788
03-15-2006, 08:41 AM
obviously it didn't... but whose to say that the one he was listening to was?

paraflux
03-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh, gotcha

Systolic
03-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Furthermore, about my above Post... in the first quote I used,
"What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters."

The words with asterisks have all had different numbers of asterisks when talking about different things... well According to Blair "M" is for Wings for Marie, which is 13 letters long, with 2 spaces. The series of asterisks above, apparantely reffering to "M" (or wings of marie), has 8 ASTERISKS.

Why is safe for me to assume that whatever he is referring to has 8 letters? Because ****, acording to him meant GONG, which is 4 letters, hence the 4 asterisks. Yet ANOTHER inconsistency. So, The "Daedalian" song, formerly known as LK, is NOT titled Wings for Marie. I am pretty sure of this now.

In the January newsletter:

Blair has his Ouija working, in which at one point he asks about a particular song, and its terrible secret, to which the board replies

"divineknowledgecrpolbamstofglo"
This translates in Enochian to this

Divine
Knowledge (obviously)

Word Translation

CRP BUT (alt.sp.)
OL I (poss. "The Maker"- see OLN,
BAMS FORGET, LET THEM FORGET
TOFGLO THINGS, ALL

In other words - One of the songs is about divine knowledge, but the board "forgot everything else"

Bullshit. They knew the title.

Heres How:

Right after that, Blair asks the board What "D" stands for in correlation to that song, which was one of the board responses in a recent question about this same song.... Te board says it stands for DAVE, which can broken in half in Enochian to translate into

D AVE - Which means Third son

Blair then asks what vehicle he drives -

The board says VAN..... which in Enochian means the letter "V"

SO

This seems to me like the Third track on the album starts with a V, which ironically is the same song that we know of now as Wings of Marie. Track 3.

yet ANOTHER inconsistency.

pork chops
03-15-2006, 08:54 AM
wow systolic. you are dedicated. i applaud your efforts. this is making for some interesting reading. thank you

Systolic
03-15-2006, 08:55 AM
wow systolic. you are dedicated. i applaud your efforts. this is making for some interesting reading. thank you

Im sick of all of the debate. Its making these forums unenjoyable to view and participate in. I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Lets show the whole email, shall we?

Darkmoogle:
"I find it funny as hell that fewer people believe the album title and tracklist on toolband.com than believed Aldaraia and what the fuck ever. Apparently it's because of two things: one, tool has lied to fans before, and two, neither of those posts are signed BMB, so it's anonymous and is probably bullshit.

Or something. I'd always been under the impression that Tool fans were supposed to have a bit more smarts, but a lot of them have taken 'dont believe everything you hear' to incredible extremes (but only in regards to information about the new album; not, you know, anything important).

Oh, and one of the newest fake (i assume) album covers is apparently on amazon.de - except for the fact that the url toolune.de appears in the URL, and that's a shitty anti-tool site I've never seen before."

Blair:

"Hi,

I agree. I wonder what they're going to say when they hold it in their hands and see those are the actual track listings? Oh, well, they wanted to know the titles and we posted them. Not much more I can do until the single is released. I saw the photo... actually several fake covers. I can tell you this: if (when) the real artwork leaks out, no body will think it's fake. Well, there's always a few TA people."

Blair was NOT directly asked why his sig wasn't under the post, and therefore did NOT dodge anything, you clown.

My point is that he made sure to discuss everything in the email except for the mentioning of the lack of a signature. He's dodging that for a reason.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Danny's always loved the gong, and manages to sneak it in on almost every album.

Which is my point... Why would it be something so spectacular here? Why would Blair be chomping at the bit to talk about the fact that Danny used a gong again?

StoneyB
03-15-2006, 09:17 AM
everyone needs to remember that just because it's already being printed in magazines that the album is 10,000 days, doesn't mean that it is true. Last time around there were magazines that did actually print that the title would be systema encephale. The magazines publishers were actually upset with Tool over this. I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.

zweitracht
03-15-2006, 09:23 AM
"...What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M."

First - Soror is Enochian for "Action F", which is an direct translation.

"Soror" is Latin for "sister." it is an honorific commonly used by female initiates of the O.T.O., the Golden Dawn, etc., to prefix their chosen "magickal" name. during magickal workings/rituals such as the one described by Blair above, these magickal names are used instead of one's "true" name, in order to mask one's identity from whatever spirits one may invoke. the male equivalent is "Frater," which is Latin for "brother." (e.g. Blair's pseudonym, Frater Ijynx. also, Aleister Crowley's pseudonym, Frater Perdurabo.)

the fact that you didn't know this makes me wonder where you're getting your Enochian translations... an unreliable web dictionary, perhaps?

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:25 AM
If you split the word in two... You get Sor Or, thats where I got it from, just like if you split "Dave" you get "D AVE"

Priapus
03-15-2006, 09:28 AM
My point is that he made sure to discuss everything in the email except for the mentioning of the lack of a signature. He's dodging that for a reason.

Yes, and that reason is because he was not actually asked about it.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
06 Mar 06

P.S.

As per our (lengthy) conversation last night, without mentioning the actual name (and certainly not the correct time), having checked out a certain website, I should tell you that I’ve been thinking about this for hours and still have not reached a decision (although I now have a clearer understanding of the situation and therefore shouldn’t ‘panic’ when it comes time to speak up). There’s some pretty interesting (unusual) stuff there, alright, but at this point all I can say is that the RGPOS is a must! (Did you notice that the ‘a’ is out of place – should be before the ‘o’, which I’m assuming is a typo?) The first thing they mentioned (on the list) is a possibility, but 40 of the little suckers seems a bit excessive (and there’s no point in pretending to be a vampire). Why does it always have to be so difficult? Oh well, when the time comes, I’ll just have a few libations and roll the proverbial dice. Because we’re all in this together, afterwards, I suppose it will be alright to kiss you happy birthday!

I'm almost positive that this is referring to TDN. Now in retrospect, it makes my theory even stronger.

"I should tell you that I’ve been thinking about this for hours and still have not reached a decision (although I now have a clearer understanding of the situation and therefore shouldn’t ‘panic’ when it comes time to speak up)."

Refers to Blair deciding whether or not to post the tracklist. He obviously did some forum browsing, and spotted some fake listings, and apparantely found something legitimate too, hence him saying
"The first thing they mentioned (on the list) is a possibility, but 40 of the little suckers seems a bit excessive (and there’s no point in pretending to be a vampire)."

And furthermore... even MORE convincing is this -
"Why does it always have to be so difficult? Oh well, when the time comes, I’ll just have a few libations and roll the proverbial dice."

"The best throw of the dice is to throw them away." - English Proverb

chalimar
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
frater = brother (fraternity)
pater = father

jasonchristopher
03-15-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't understand what the point of debating all this is. Going over all the past newsletters probably won't reveal much, and if it reveals anything they're just going to be hints at the fact the new album title isn't real. Not to mention that's all you're looking for anyway. I wouldn't put it past Tool to release a fake tracklisting and album title, but this has been discussed ad nauseum on these forums.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Yes, and that reason is because he was not actually asked about it.

But he did discuss things that were mentioned, but not specifically asked about!

DarkMoogle-
I'd always been under the impression that Tool fans were supposed to have a bit more smarts, but a lot of them have taken 'dont believe everything you hear' to incredible extremes (but only in regards to information about the new album; not, you know, anything important).

Blair-
I wonder what they're going to say when they hold it in their hands and see those are the actual track listings? Oh, well, they wanted to know the titles and we posted them. Not much more I can do until the single is released.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't understand what the point of debating all this is. Going over all the past newsletters probably won't reveal much, and if it reveals anything they're just going to be hints at the fact the new album title isn't real. Not to mention that's all you're looking for anyway. I wouldn't put it past Tool to release a fake tracklisting and album title, but this has been discussed ad nauseum on these forums.

I'm going to at least prove that 10,000 days is bogus. I mean if this were a court case there would not be enough info to draw any kind of conclusion. Theres not enough evidence on either side, and I just have a bad feeling about 10,000 days, so I'm going to try and prove otherwise...
And I also want the bickering to end, so I'm going all out to find an answer. If I fail, oh well. I wasted my time.

Anomaly
03-15-2006, 09:38 AM
the song titles are actually very tool-ish
the name of the album is not though.. i believe the album title will be something that means '10,000 days'

on the SONY BMG music site with the new promo pictures.. if you hover over the images your mouse has a hover text that reads "10,000 Days"

if anyone has posted this already, then cool.

i dont have enough time to read every post.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:40 AM
on the SONY BMG music site with the new promo pictures.. if you hover over the images your mouse has a hover text that reads "10,000 Days"

That doesnt prove anything though!

I'm pretty sure that the people who created that hover text did NOT create the album.

jasonchristopher
03-15-2006, 09:40 AM

Nice catch.

I just don't see how there's going to be anyway to actually know until the single is released in april.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:42 AM

True..
notice in the interview that the band themselves NEVER mentioned the title "10,000 Days".

Systolic
03-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Alright I have to go to class... I'll get back to this though.

Even if you disagree with my ultimate point, its almost impossible to deny the fact that there are DEFINITELY some inconsitencies in the information that BLAIR, not TOOL, is giving us.

reflection63
03-15-2006, 09:46 AM
im not convinced it says thorn on adams hand in those pics.

it does say *HORN I believe.

But the first letter looks like a U or 4. the hand pics are shown below

http://i2.tinypic.com/ri6c95.jpg

Priapus
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
True..
notice in the interview that the band themselves NEVER mentioned the title "10,000 Days".

Adam has confirmed that through myspace to a member here, so the whole "no-one from the band has said it so it might not be true" angle doesn't work.

Regarding Blair not specifically responding to the lack of his sig on toolshed when naming the album, I really don't think you can hold the fact that he glossed over something that he was not directly asked to answer, particularly when you consider the volume of emails he would be getting at thie point in time.

tcM_Emperor
03-15-2006, 09:51 AM

A lot of magazines mentioned Systema Encephale too.

Geedorah
03-15-2006, 09:52 AM
I think that you should email all of your theories to blair. It'd be interesting to hear what he has to say about you.

sur
03-15-2006, 10:20 AM
interesting to read this debate is....but
where else we can found official info, beside the official web. the official info is 10000days and the "jambi" tracklist....everything else is just denial. because you don't like the album name, you want to see misterious clues that confirm the fact that you are in the same level of "toolness" with adam and danny...."you really understand the band, so you know that it's impossible to name our albums and song with those stupid names"

but...there is a "systemaencephalegate"...I believe that the day the album will be in our hands no one will gonna remember this discussions. maybe one guy will gonna tell us "i told you so"....but really, with all these new songs in our heads, who's gonna give a shit with all of this.

blair's man sausage
03-15-2006, 10:21 AM

fake tracklisting and titles...it's been done already, i think the boys would be a lil' more creative in their efforts to fuck with us....

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 10:23 AM
I agree. That's why I'm telling everyone the album won't be out until next year and there will be no US tour.

InertUniformity
03-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Alright I have to go to class... I'll get back to this though.

Even if you disagree with my ultimate point, its almost impossible to deny the fact that there are DEFINITELY some inconsitencies in the information that BLAIR, not TOOL, is giving us.

Systolic, I really applaud your effor here, but I would like to know: Do you actually believe that '10,000 Days' is not the title? Certainly there are some inconsistancies, but that is to be expected from Blair considering the way that he writes. I do find it strange however that recently his posts have been decidedly less cryptic - albiet this may simply be due to the fact that he is now actually revealing REAL information.

I have had a strange feeling that something bizarre is afoot for some time now - and after reading Systolics posts my suspicions have heightened.

Everyone seems to agree that we cannot possibly understand the tracklist until we hear the music. Of course this is true - however we have heard from multiple sources that this album is heavier, darker, and decidedly "toolish' (forgive me for using that term). These track titles seem rather silly - neither dark or overtly political, many of the titles seem to be drug references. Normally this wouldnt surprise me considering Tools history, but come on now..."The Pot"? Does not appear to be very creative.

I guess the question boils down to this: How likely would it be for Tool, and BMB, perhaps even Kabir, to be working together for a rather long period of time - in hopes of keeping the album/track title a complete secret - thus preventing the album from leaking early.?

I cant answer that question...but I dont think its very likely.

Alistair_Carson
03-15-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm afraid I agree with Systolic. I would really like to think 10,000 Days is a big joke. Ocelot's said a lot about this whole deal and I back him all the way. 10,000 Days, The Pot, and Jizzbi are all just shit. I'll be disappointed if these were all true.

vinegar_tom
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Systolic, email Blair all of your findings.

cureformax
03-15-2006, 11:14 AM

Can't think of any songs besides "Lateralus."

paraflux
03-15-2006, 11:34 AM
For the record, I support Systolic's endeavors. I havent even really looked through all of his posts but the point I would think of first is that Tool has made points through examples many times. What better way to prove that the public is completely at the mercy of those who control the information? And that seems to be a point Maynard has wanted to make lately.

Ocelot199
03-15-2006, 11:47 AM
For the record, I support Systolic's endeavors. I havent even really looked through all of his posts but the point I would think of first is that Tool has made points through examples many times. What better way to prove that the public is completely at the mercy of those who control the information? And that seems to be a point Maynard has wanted to make lately.
I've never looked at it that way before. If it is indeed the case, I've definately found my respect for Tool again. Nice idea..

Systolic, very nice job with all this. You've put the doubt back into my mind....

I think the best point you've brought up thus far is the coincidence between Aldaraia's "23" and 10,000 Days' Viginti Tres'. Thats not a coincidence... out of all numbers to choose from, there is no way that just sort of happened.

Priapus, you've made my ignore list. Reading your irrirtating posts pisses me off, and I don't feel like getting reprimanded for flaming people like you anymore. Good job.

Edit: I agree with what a few other people here have said... email all this to Blair, see what he makes of it. He keeps telling people to dig deeper into his posts and find the information...

Priapus
03-15-2006, 11:52 AM
I can see that you may find some of my other posts irritating, but the posts in this thread have all been me debating the topic at hand.

I really don't care if you ignore me though.

Which means you won't see this post.

Priapus
03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Oh, I should also add that if Systolic turns out to be right about all this then much, MUCH respect.

mike09
03-15-2006, 12:09 PM

And finally

I like the way you think, Systolic. I'm following what you're saying.

InertUniformity
03-15-2006, 12:15 PM
a bunch of magazine/video interviews and album reviews are going to be released/leaked very shortly.

what effect will this have on your (dis)belief in '10,000 Days'? Are you basically from the "We dont know anything till we have it in our hands" camp? Or do you think that we will be able to recieve viable information before the album is released.

dissonance19
03-15-2006, 12:21 PM
This may be shallow of me but I think the biggest reason they would give us a tracklist that's not real and keep it going for a long time is just to prevent leaks. I think they know how far they can control and how far their word travels. I don't know if they would need to prove it. They've mentioned before, "everything they've accomplished was due to word-of-mouth."

But I mean they've kept the CD underwraps as it is, and if they do it long enough before CD even reaches stores, no one would know what titles to look for if someone did leak it. And no one would believe them anyhow.

Now I'm not saying this tracklist isn't real But I think they seemingly would do everything to keep it underwraps maybe even as far as this. I mean, Kabir mentioned how they were pissed and disheartened when Lateralus leaked.

sur
03-15-2006, 12:25 PM
What better way to prove that the public is completely at the mercy of those who control the information? And that seems to be a point Maynard has wanted to make lately.

coul be, but made his point by changing the name of the album?. I think it's a weak example. even more, it appears as a bad joke, considering that there are many examples of media control (and censorship) involving war, death, pollution and corruption.

mike09
03-15-2006, 12:32 PM
The main reason that keeps me from believing this is the real title/tracklist is "Viginti Tres." The probability of a name from a fake tracklist actually being the name of one of the real songs is so low, it's unfathomable. Just calling it a coincidence comes off as absurd, in my mind. I agree with everything the threadstarter has said and I defend his points. He actually has a convincing theory.

tcM_Emperor
03-15-2006, 12:33 PM
coul be, but made his point by changing the name of the album?. I think it's a weak example. even more, it appears as a bad joke, considering that there are many examples of media control (and censorship) involving war, death, pollution and corruption.

It's not a joke, it's to stop early leaks. Anyone know what happened with NiN - With Teeth? That shit was leaked like a month in advance. By feeding the media fake titles Tool is doing a great job of stopping leaks.

the usual
03-15-2006, 12:33 PM

I think you ment to say( highly likely

bbunt302
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I must admit that this is indeed a very interesting theory. I don't really know if the band and their associates would go through quite this much trouble to keep the name under wraps. But without knowing them personally, who am I to judge that? My mind keeps going back to the previously mentioned post by Kabir concerning how intent the band was to prevent leaks this time around...

That being said, if they did indeed want to ensure that the real title was not released until they were ready to release it themselves, this would definitely be the way to do it. To release the real title, "confirm" it to be "fake", and then release a fake title as the "real" title would be pure genious.

BTW: Concerning the the writing on Adam's hand, I saw a pic where you could clearly see the first part of the writing. It looked like "UHORN" with "7:00" written under it.

Here (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch20068.jpg) is a link.

TheHolyGift
03-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Congratulations to Systolic for spending a LOT of time finding all that. Amazing, and interesting. And as said above, if you're right, we won't be able to measure the respect you should get. But it does seem a BIT excessive. And I would advise everyone to not be so militantl pro-10,000 Days or anti, cause you'll feel like a real ass if you're wrong.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Adam has confirmed that through myspace to a member here, so the whole "no-one from the band has said it so it might not be true" angle doesn't work.

Regarding Blair not specifically responding to the lack of his sig on toolshed when naming the album, I really don't think you can hold the fact that he glossed over something that he was not directly asked to answer, particularly when you consider the volume of emails he would be getting at thie point in time.

I said in an interview.. Think about the whole anti-internet idea here...

Systolic
03-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Okay I'm emailing EVERYTHING to Blair.

I already emailed him once about the "Thorn" thing, but no reply.

I am determined to get to the bottom of this.

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
There's no way in hell he'll have the balls to reply to someone so good. You'll probably wind up getting a settlement and a gag-order.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Okay guys Im putting my email in a separate thread. It has all of myideas complied into it, as well as some personal notes for Blair.

dracomordag
03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
As far as the Aldaria 23 => 10000 days Viginti Tres...

see the 23 theory. You can find info about it anywhere no the net, really. Read up.

Systolic, although I think you're wrong, I gotta give props for all this effort. You've come up with some interesting points. However, I think the majority of them can be explained by the fact that bands change the names of songs all the time. Blair may have tried to sneak some info in at any given point in time, but he couldn't predict the future.

Systolic
03-15-2006, 01:31 PM
As far as the Aldaria 23 => 10000 days Viginti Tres...

see the 23 theory. You can find info about it anywhere no the net, really. Read up.

Systolic, although I think you're wrong, I gotta give props for all this effort. You've come up with some interesting points. However, I think the majority of them can be explained by the fact that bands change the names of songs all the time. Blair may have tried to sneak some info in at any given point in time, but he couldn't predict the future.

Read the email that I wrote him. Its in the main 10000 days forum.

zweitracht
03-15-2006, 01:57 PM

see also "the 23 enigma." conspiracy theories abound concerning that number. i personally don't think there's any consequential connection between Aldaraia's 23 and 10,000 Days' Viginti Tres, other than the fact that whoever concocted Aldaraia did their research.

dracomordag
03-15-2006, 02:05 PM
see also "the 23 enigma." conspiracy theories abound concerning that number. i personally don't think there's any consequential connection between Aldaraia's 23 and 10,000 Days' Viginti Tres, other than the fact that whoever concocted Aldaraia did their research.

that's what i was referring to

insaner
03-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Like what?

I dont have my head in my ass, and I'm not on my computer all day. The only evidence *I* have seen has been from the net.

I'm not trying to start World War III, I'm a busy person and I don't always have time to have my head stuck up Tool's asses 24/7 and know every last bit of info AS it arises. Don't criticize me for having a life outside of a forum.

sorry, it was early.

Anomaly
03-15-2006, 03:54 PM

thats hopeful thinking, i'd like to think.

thats what i'd like to believe is whatis going on other than the titles actually being true.

and even if they are false,
what a great amount of discussion and theorizing has gone into all of this.

I've read about so many interesting topics stemmed from the title's discussion, that its WORTH them being fake.
The "who built the moon" topic, "the saturn's return 27-29 years = 10,000 days being a marked turning point in your life and what you reflect upon" topic... all great stuff that I've enjoyed very much...

so i dont really care if they're fake or not...

at least we're making great meaningful, and deep discussion ... regardless of it's origin.

i feel better about the current unfolding of transpirings... rather than one of the Tools coming on here and being all vaclempt, posting....

" practicing lachrymology whilst barbequeing... its like buttah...
... discuss.."

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
03-15-2006, 04:50 PM
interesting to read this debate is....

Yoda is that you?

Opiate_Mass
03-15-2006, 05:56 PM

actually, he's right......... in my drum media the other day it advertised tool's new album.......... guess what? it had no title just yet. henceforth they're still not 'concrete'

Opiate_Mass
03-15-2006, 06:01 PM

every advertisement i've seen for it, doesn't state the name, how do you answer that? give systolic a break, he makes a very valid point -.-

guerilla ice tea
03-15-2006, 06:15 PM
fuck it as long as they chuck out a new album soon

Systolic
03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
I guess thats one way to look at it.

ScarletLetterMan
03-15-2006, 09:58 PM
If this were another APC album we were talking about, I would totally believe the title and the tracklistings. They all have that APC vibe, but I think the Aldaraia title seems to fit more along the line that Tool would follow, based on their previous works, and the fact that this would be the first time they had a title with more than one word (I know, "10, 000" is really a number, but you get the point, so no petty arguments are needed on this). I tend to agree that this could all be a bit of mis-information to thwart attempts at leaking the new album. Maynard has, in the past, been very vocal in regards to his utter dislike of file sharing. He was quoted as saying "My music is not yours to give.". Laying it all out there for everyone to see so far in advance of the release does not seem like something any careful artist or record company would do if they wanted to keep the music under wraps. If you recall, System Of A Down ended up scrapping an entire album (later released as "Steal This Album) due to the entire thing being leaked out on the internet.

If the title really is "10, 000 Days", then so be it. I will love it just the same. But right now it all sounds too fishy, plus we all know how tricky Tool can be. We shall see on May 2nd.....................

STA
03-15-2006, 10:01 PM
If you recall, System Of A Down ended up scrapping an entire album (later released as "Steal This Album) due to the entire thing being leaked out on the internet.

I didn't know that. What happened?

Edit: Reading about it now.