PDA

View Full Version : The Nightmare Before Ænima...

chonus
03-14-2006, 03:49 PM
I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but I couldn't find it in the Ænima section.

Tim Burton's, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Tool's, Ænima, go together like Pink Floyd's, Dark Side of the Moon, and The Wizard of Oz.

Watch them together, the movie's volume down, of course, and Ænima's up as loud as possible.

It is no coincidence. They match up perfectly.

Anywho, peace.

bass_dude
03-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Oh gawd...not another one...

...says he, thinking about trying it at the weekend..

Chris_Brightwell
03-14-2006, 04:24 PM
I actually have a DVD I made of this. It's a lot of fun to watch.

I've heard that it works with Lateralus, but I haven't tried it.

chonus
03-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Tool definately did this on purpose.

Give it a try.

It is like one long music video to Ænima.

Chris_Brightwell
03-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Tool definately did this on purpose.LMAO.

Please, for the love of god, tell me you're joking.

chonus
03-14-2006, 04:53 PM
LMAO.

Please, for the love of god, tell me you're joking.

As much as I like to joke, I'm not. I don't think it just happened to fall together so perfectly. The lyrics match up, the segues make complete sense as they flow with the movie (the baby crying for example). No coincidence.

If it wasn't Tool, then Tim Burton made The Nightmare Before Christmas around Ænima.

Chris_Brightwell
03-14-2006, 05:34 PM
If it wasn't Tool, then Tim Burton made The Nightmare Before Christmas around Ænima.Just when I think I've seen it all, someone comes up with an outlandish claim like this.

chonus
03-14-2006, 05:43 PM
^--Sarcasm

The Nightmare Before Christmas came out first, so my outlandish claim is that Tool made their album around Burton's film.

Although with every Tool piece, it goes even deeper...

chonus
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
i would be nearly impossible to do that. you, officially, aretarded.

OK...

Anyone who's seen the two together?

Chris_Brightwell
03-14-2006, 06:20 PM
OK...

Anyone who's seen the two together?I have, and it's just a coincidence. It's a fun and interesting coincidence, but a coincidence nonetheless.

chonus
03-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Jeez, there are too many 'coincidences'. I dunno. I need to watch/listen to the whole thing again.

I think Tool would do something like that, and then never mention a thing about it.

I don't mean to be a Rick or anything but I've been wondering about this for a while.

If someone checks it out, reply back as to what you think.

Too similar to be coincidence.?

disaxiom
03-14-2006, 07:15 PM
if you think about the work that would go into making an album around a movie, while it still sounds good on its own, you will realize that you are crazy

chonus
03-14-2006, 07:32 PM
if you think about the work that would go into making an album around a movie, while it still sounds good on its own, you will realize that you are crazy

Have you seen it?

Besides, they had a lot of time to work on that album.

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" - 1993

"Ænima" - 1996

"Undertow" - 1993

3 yrs + no APC

Chris_Brightwell
03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Besides, they had a lot of time to work on that album.

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" - 1993
"Ænima" - 1996
"Undertow" - 1993
3 yrs + no APCGo check the tour history.

And listen to me this time:
It's nothing more than a coincidence.

snakeeyedhawk
03-14-2006, 07:49 PM
'Hey, did you know Aenima plays along with blah blah blah?'

Truth is, play any album along with any movie, and they'll fit.

Or something like that. I didn't feel like finding the exact paragraph. You get the general meaning.

a788
03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
oooooooooo i'm curious

chonus
03-14-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm gonna rewatch it and see if I still feel the same.

I'll be back, or some shit like that.

myfinalfit
03-14-2006, 10:27 PM
My best friend tried it with Lateralus, and she says it works together startlingly well.

I still haven't seen the whole of The Nightmare Before Christmas, so maybe I should try it.

Chris_Brightwell
03-15-2006, 07:59 AM
I friggin' *love* Sifl & Olly.

chonus
03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Seriously though, snakeeye's got a point.

Once, late at night, on MTV this stupid puppet show (siffle and oley) came on, and it was annoying my mom, so I muted it. She turned on the radio. I haven't laughed so hard in my life! Oh god. Those puppets sang everything it was great.

I've done that stuff too. Cool, it was, but don't knock it until you've tried it.

I don't think anyone will be dissapointed.

The seemingly pointless segues make perfect sense in this context.

So, get back to me.

chonus
03-15-2006, 12:17 PM
What, Pink Floyd was goood enough to do it, but Tool's not?

I dunno.

I think they could.

I think they did.

caiman
03-15-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm curious about this, and I might try it. At what point do I press play on the cd?

snakeeyedhawk
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM

I dunno.

I think they could.

I think they did.

Okay, if they did do it (which I highly doubt they would), why the FUCK would they choose, of all thing, Nightmare Before Christmas?

Chris_Brightwell
03-15-2006, 03:26 PM
What, Pink Floyd was goood enough to do it, but Tool's not?There has never been any sort of conclusive evidence that PF did that for Oz.

I think they did.I think you're a fool.

Chris_Brightwell
03-15-2006, 03:27 PM
At what point do I press play on the cd?Stinkfist should start the same instance the Clover tree (i think that is) goes out of the frame in the beginning.

The final drum synth hits should sync up with the pumpkin knob turning and the first guitar riff should sync up w/ Jack (in his Pumpkin King outfit) turning his back to you.

chonus
03-15-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm curious about this, and I might try it. At what point do I press play on the cd?

I just purchased The Nightmare Before Christmas and rebought Ænima.

The place to start is right before the Touchstone Pictures screen fades and the opening credits start.

The best indicator to know if you're on track is if the pumpkins fall on the spikes in sync with Maynard saying, "To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive."

After that, its all good. Sit back and watch. It's not like everything matches up perfectly, but that was not the complete intention. Just enough coinciding to make a full length Ænima video.

I rewatched and caught many so-called 'coincidences'. I will post a review of them later, but I want other people to see it first.

Edit: Make sure it is on track. Very important.

chonus
03-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Stinkfist should start the same instance the Clover tree (i think that is) goes out of the frame in the beginning.

The final drum synth hits should sync up with the pumpkin knob turning and the first guitar riff should sync up w/ Jack (in his Pumpkin King outfit) turning his back to you.

This guy has no clue, yet he'll be the first to tell somebody they're wrong. (What a tool)

See above post for where to start.

disaxiom
03-15-2006, 06:35 PM
for the pink floyd thing, there isnt a CHANCE they did it and i will give you good reason: THERE WERE NO VCR'S BACK THEN

chonus
03-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Okay, if they did do it (which I highly doubt they would), why the FUCK would they choose, of all thing, Nightmare Before Christmas?

Claymation ring a bell.

(What a scientist.)

chonus
03-15-2006, 06:50 PM
for the pink floyd thing, there isnt a CHANCE they did it and i will give you good reason: THERE WERE NO VCR'S BACK THEN

World's First Video Cassette Recorder (for home use) -- Phillips Model 1500
Introduced in England in 1972 -- 22" Wide x 6.5" High x 15" Deep

The VCR was first introduced in the U.S. in 1975.

Dark Side of the Moon, originally released in 1973.

The Wizard of Oz, 1939

Do the math.

Chris_Brightwell
03-15-2006, 07:45 PM
This guy has no clue, yet he'll be the first to tell somebody they're wrong. (What a tool)Give me your mailing address and I'll send you a VCD.

We'll see who's syncs better. I've tried both.

Chris_Brightwell
03-15-2006, 07:46 PM
(What a tool)Also, for the record, this is one of the lamest insults ever in a Tool forum.

chonus
03-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Also, for the record, this is one of the lamest insults ever in a Tool forum.

Fine.

Watch the movie.

Is this how you got so many posts?

Chris_Brightwell
03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Fine.Does this mean you're going to give me your mailing address so I can send you this disc? It's burned and packed ... just needs to be addressed.

Is this how you got so many posts?Check your stats, buddy. I'm an admin, for starters, and I while may have almost 3,500 posts, I registered on Oct 1st, 2003 ... that's a paltry 2.73 posts per day. You might consider comparing that to your 3.55 posts/day before you start slinging baseless insults again.

chonus
03-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Does this mean you're going to give me your mailing address so I can send you this disc? It's burned and packed ... just needs to be addressed.

Check your stats, buddy. I'm an admin, for starters, and I while may have almost 3,500 posts, I registered on Oct 1st, 2003 ... that's a paltry 2.73 posts per day. You might consider comparing that to your 3.55 posts/day before you start slinging baseless insults again.

First, I can't believe you just broke it down to me like that. That was pretty funny.

Second, what disc do you speak of?

...If I wasn't supposed to say anything about it or if I leaked any classified info., I apologize.

Chris_Brightwell
03-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Second, what disc do you speak of? I offered to send you a VCD of Nightmare/Aenima synced the way I learned to do it.

chonus
03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
For those interested, the official start time is aprox. 9.5 sec. after The Nightmare Before Christmas begins.

I usually have to sync it up two or three times to get it perfect. The more acurate the match the better effect it has.

A few things to let you know you're on track:

-Maynard comes in for the 1st time right before the camera view dissapears in the tree.
-When maynard says, "I would not want you," the ghost in the left corner on the tombstone appears to say the same thing.
-the pumpkins strike the posts in time with maynard saying, "to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive."

So, the time on the DVD will be aprox. 9.5 seconds. ahead of the CD.

cold and faded anger
03-16-2006, 06:36 AM
alright you guys are arguing over when to start "the nightmare before christmas" with "ÆNIMA"??!?! this may just be a cool coincidence but still it offers little or nothing to do to do with the album it self...

...just as im saying this im debating whether or not to try it some time...sigh...

disaxiom
03-16-2006, 03:38 PM
World's First Video Cassette Recorder (for home use) -- Phillips Model 1500
Introduced in England in 1972 -- 22" Wide x 6.5" High x 15" Deep

The VCR was first introduced in the U.S. in 1975.

Dark Side of the Moon, originally released in 1973.

The Wizard of Oz, 1939

Do the math.

ok, so pink floyd would have had to have bought the FIRST vcr ever in time to record their album, of which there were songs already written before 1972, and the tape for wizard of oz would have had to have come out almost immediately.... that is a lot of work

Wretched
03-16-2006, 04:37 PM
This thread is great. I'm gonna go shower.

a788
03-16-2006, 04:38 PM
This thread is great. I'm gonna go shower.

funny, me too... we'll, like, be like naked at the same time

Wretched
03-17-2006, 12:36 PM
funny, me too... we'll, like, be like naked at the same time

Ooo baby. Or whatever. Wanna be my e-[whatever your gender is]friend?

Metalgod666
03-17-2006, 02:44 PM
I think its just coincidence... just like DSOTM

Perseensilmä
03-17-2006, 03:21 PM
DSOTM? I thought the Wall was supposed to coincide with some film!

disaxiom
03-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah. It's called, "The Wall".

Stoooopid.

i didnt think they went well together, i think its a hoax ;)

idontmind462
03-18-2006, 08:59 AM
CHRIS, SEND THAT SHIT TO ME!

chonus
03-18-2006, 09:48 AM
It's a hoax as much as Tool making one of their albums with the sole purpose of matching up to NBC.

Not the sole purpose. It is just an extra, an easter egg if you will.

What was the Sole purpose of any of their albums?

Watch them. It's very convincing.

chonus
03-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Like I said, I will write a review, but I want people to watch it first.

a788
03-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Ooo baby. Or whatever. Wanna be my e-[whatever your gender is]friend?

oh yeah... i'll be your e-girlfriend... tha'd be pretty sweet

Wretched
03-18-2006, 07:46 PM
oh yeah... i'll be your e-girlfriend... tha'd be pretty sweet

It'll be tough to get passed the fact that you are a girl though, but I'll try. I expected you to be male. I'll just deal.

disaxiom
03-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Not the sole purpose. It is just an extra, an easter egg if you will.

What was the Sole purpose of any of their albums?

Watch them. It's very convincing.

the sole purpose of their albums? to make music? why does there need to be something deeper than that..

and who discovered this connection anyway, because if it was a fluke that someone put aenima and nightmare before christmas together and it worked then that really detracts from the theory.... plus i would REALLY like to know what message to harry manback goes with

chonus
03-19-2006, 02:13 PM
... plus i would REALLY like to know what message to harry manback goes with

Watch it and find out. You got nothing to lose. You might even get your proof that it is just coincidence.

a788
03-19-2006, 02:17 PM
It'll be tough to get passed the fact that you are a girl though, but I'll try. I expected you to be male. I'll just deal.

well.... theres not much i can do about that

chonus
03-19-2006, 02:47 PM
well.... theres not much i can do about that

not with that attitude.

a788
03-19-2006, 03:15 PM
i'm sorry. ill work on it.

spiralion
04-16-2007, 08:01 AM
I tried it from the beginning (AEnima) of the touchtone and it did not sync very well, but one thing I did notice was the line "relax, turn around, and take my hand" goes with the doctor in the chair taking sally's arm.

disaxiom
04-18-2007, 12:48 PM
i bashed it but i tried it, mostly because i love both of these things.. i think the climax of stinkfist worked pretty well but after that they were so unrelated to each other that it was almost frustrating to watch

*~*»€«(Đispositioñ)»€«*~*
04-21-2007, 07:09 PM
You can sync any album with any movie and find similarities. Holy crap, i just synced the song Wipeout with Wizard of Oz and it tells the story from the lions point of view!!!

hobbitcore
05-09-2007, 04:16 AM

I dunno.

I think they could.

I think they did.

PUT DOWN THE BONG

Ghostwriter
06-22-2007, 07:22 AM
They have sections of it on Youtube if you look it up. I think it may be under "The Aenima Before Christmas"...

TK420
07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I found a link for these DVD's after seeing a clip on YOUTUBE.COM, I found the info on another forum called faneditforum.com I thought that maybe these would be of interest.

These were ripped from faneditforum.com....

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/752/blax39testerup0.jpg

BLAX39 - The Nightmare Before Lateralus - A Fan Edit/Synchronization

I first heard about this sync a few years back and was pleased when an XVID version was released on the torrents by Jackace299 which was followed by NexPhr3ak0r's great DVD release but these two versions offered an alternate synchronization which uses alternate timing. This DVD was created with the audio synchronization timing listed on synchronicityarkive.com which I feel has a greater overall effect. Another item that distinguishes this DVD is that it features a Stereo Linear PCM audio track preserving the uncompressed audio fidelity of the original CD.

Diggity!

ENJOY GANG!!

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7533/blax40nightmarebeforeniqk5.jpg

BLAX40 - The Nightmare Before Ænima - A Fan Edit/ Synchronization

I first heard about this sync a few years back along with the "The Nightmare Before Lateralus" synchronicity but I've never tried to do the Ænima sync until now. Recently I did some more research on this sync and found that there were basically three versions that could be achieved of these three versions only two really felt like they really worked with the film. The two final versions I choose are not perfect syncs but they both have some great moments, the CD does run a bit longer then the film so I have used PC based audio tools to fade the last track out. This DVD was created with both of the alternate audio synchronizations anchor points that I found on the InterMcNets, one of which is listed on synchronicityarkive.com and another has timing suggested on a few Tool forums. As with the Lateralus disc this DVD also features a Stereo Linear PCM audio track preserving the uncompressed audio fidelity of the original CD.

- Diggity!

Hodge
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
so there's a lateralus one too? lol

uummm..nocoolnames
07-11-2007, 12:58 AM
and who discovered this connection anyway

really, dude were you high and just like, "hmm, i think i'll go through my entire dvd collection and see if any cds sync up to tool!!!!!!!"

and if you were high, you have an excuse, if not, dude, there are better ways to waste time (like getting high)

uummm..nocoolnames
07-11-2007, 12:59 AM
really, dude were you high and just like, "hmm, i think i'll go through my entire dvd collection and see if any cds sync up to tool!!!!!!!"

and if you were high, you have an excuse, if not, dude, there are better ways to waste time (like getting high)

WOOOOOO, movin on up,lvl 2 baby!!!!!!!!

nocatharsis
08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but I couldn't find it in the Ænima section.

Tim Burton's, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Tool's, Ænima, go together like Pink Floyd's, Dark Side of the Moon, and The Wizard of Oz.

Watch them together, the movie's volume down, of course, and Ænima's up as loud as possible.

It is no coincidence. They match up perfectly.

Anywho, peace.

Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz do not match up! If you want a cool trippy superimposed Floyd experience though, watch the Jupiter and Beyond sequence of 2001 Space Odyssey synced to Echoes (the full version off of Meddle) It works to the very SECOND, the song ends when the movie ends. It works. As far as AEnima and nightmare before christmas though, who knows.

PS. I have watched "Dark Side of the Rainbow" in every proper way and it didn't do anything for me.