PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities...or musicians

4th Eye
03-08-2003, 04:54 PM
I actually discovered this a few hours ago....I don't know if this has been brought up previously...

I now think it's about musicians or singers.... They do have a voice so loud and sometimes have nothing to say. "We wish you well" means something like, "you're just some new popular band and you're not going to live for long".

Next fools are new pop-bands or something. They do hear their own eulogy when they see they're not popular anymore. And sometimes they even say they'll die for their fans...?

"Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so eager to identify"...Don't we so eagerly identify with celebrities and great musicians?

"Not all martyrs see divinity, but at least you tried"... You tried your best to be in MTV...

"Ranting and pointing his finger at everything but his heart." They try to be so deep pointing their fingers at politics and authorities and other uncorrect stuff....

Just some opinions while drinking.. :P

jpmanson
03-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by 4th Eye
I actually discovered this a few hours ago....I don't know if this has been brought up previously...

I now think it's about musicians or singers.... They do have a voice so loud and sometimes have nothing to say. "We wish you well" means something like, "you're just some new popular band and you're not going to live for long".

Next fools are new pop-bands or something. They do hear their own eulogy when they see they're not popular anymore. And sometimes they even say they'll die for their fans...?

"Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so eager to identify"...Don't we so eagerly identify with celebrities and great musicians?

"Not all martyrs see divinity, but at least you tried"... You tried your best to be in MTV...

"Ranting and pointing his finger at everything but his heart." They try to be so deep pointing their fingers at politics and authorities and other uncorrect stuff....

Just some opinions while drinking.. :P

interesting thought. could be very accurate, but, like most interpretations of this song, there will be people who disagree, i think the song is about a different person (or people) for everyone that hears it.

Phosphoros
03-08-2003, 06:47 PM
I really liked your thoughtm I had never seen the song from that angle, but it seems logical to me.

KOPROS!

4th Eye
03-09-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by jpmanson
interesting thought. could be very accurate, but, like most interpretations of this song, there will be people who disagree, i think the song is about a different person (or people) for everyone that hears it.

Of course there are people who disagree...let them think how they want...but it's my interpretation...at the moment. Sometimes I think about it from a different angle.

Best thoughts comes when not sober...

jpmanson
03-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by 4th Eye
Of course there are people who disagree...let them think how they want...but it's my interpretation...at the moment. Sometimes I think about it from a different angle.

Best thoughts comes when not sober...

i dont know man, ive had some pretty disturbing thoughts when i was fucked up..