PDA

View Full Version : ahead of myself

greenblazepheno
11-22-2002, 01:16 AM
46&2

Wheeeewwww...

Before I even heard this song (and "saw it on the track listing for the album that featured 'Stinkfist'), it registered that it may be a reference to the typical human's genetic composition- regarding chromosomes, specifically.

That is as true as anything I could ever post on this website.

Anyway, I figured that since the "superman" (by definition) has 48 chromosomes, Maynard was just relaying the close proximity of this lifeform (which, to our standards, would appear fully retarded- but i digress...) to his current state as MJK. In fact, I originally considered this song to be Maynard's invalidation of the field of biology, in general, but have since reconsidered this idea. Maynard seems very well in tune with sciences, and would likely never talk shit about any of its respective fields. Of course, I don't agree with this and, for myself, think science means shitfuckingall, but anyway...

The Carl Jung factor (i.e. the shadow) is an interesting inclusion but, to me, means virtually nothing. I've never been much interested in shadows and its nuances and conclusions, and have accordingly ignored those lines in the song where Maynard seems intent on stressing their importance.

Carl Jung sucks fucking shit- all psychologists and scientists can fit their name in there too, if they so please..."Thinking"
does not entail limiting one's thoughts into a "normal" or "routine" category/expectation set/etc. Thoughts are eternal, as are we.

And so, as a result, I don't care much for this song. Danny's drum parts drive me wild, though- but otherwise, I'd rather JerkOff.

Literally.