PDA

View Full Version : new thought on "jimmy" meaning

eulogy508
03-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Ok, ok, this is rather stupid. I mean, it must be a coincidence to look at the clock and see 11:11. And the whole September 11th stuff, and thinking MJK knew it was coming.... bullshit.... I'm a big Tool fan, but, come on, I thought you people were smarter than that. If you simply read jimmy's lyrics, they do not seem to be about 9/11/01. Just look it over. They seem to be about maynard's childhood, and when his mother left, I suppose--
"Eleven and she was gone eleven is when we waved goodbye."
Perhaps, I think, maynard was 11 at the time. See, people, this doesn not relate to that tragic new york day, as much as i'd love to learn that maynard is some kind of god, it's not true, so just GET REAL. (no offense).

bringerofbasses
03-08-2003, 03:08 PM
I think a lot of people realize there's not a connection between Tool (the song's lyrics, song track #, etc., etc.) and September 11th ...it's just that, as somebody has mentioned before, it was such a significant event and date that it now sticks out in our mind - and that everything which seems remotely similar to 9/11 ...be it the numbers, or about towers or something ...has some strange connection.

It's just something of interest now, and I think (hope) that people are smart enough to realize that there is no connection.

holy reality
03-09-2003, 12:12 PM
if this was directed towards me then if you had bothered to read my thread more deeply you would have seen that i stated i do not particularly believe he was prophecising 9/11 however i find the connections very interesting and someone unsettling, and my thread was not just about 9/11, it was about track 11 on aenima, lateralus, and mer de noms being connected by the term "reflection" and other things directly and indirectly related to the number 11