PDA

View Full Version : Blair Posts a TA-Exclusive Message..

TheRuleOfThree
03-12-2006, 02:05 PM
This was just posted on TA as an exclusive..

10,000 DAYS

For those of you who are REALLY impatient, it would appear that they're already selling Tool's 10,000 Days on Amazon (Germany). Here's the link:

www.amazon.de.toolune.de/qid=1142094124sr=8-3ref=pd_ka_3303-4956888-9710652.htm

I don't know how they pulled that one off - but they're pulling something, alright! For the rest of you who want the the REAL 10,000 Days from Tool, the official release date of MAY 2nd isn't that far away. As for the 'new' artwork that's popping up all over the internet, all I can say is that when the actual 10,000 Days album artwork/packaging is leaked or posted, not as many people will think that IT is fake! Which brings me to this: The album title and track listings that were recently posted on the official Tool sites are the real deal. You wanted this information, and we wanted to give it to you as soon as the titles were in the hands of the printers (and there were no last minute changes by the band - hence, the temporary embargo you've no doubt heard about). Perhaps this will convince you of the titles being genuine. If not, I suppose you'll just have to wait to see for yourself.

I believe he is referring to the artwork as being fake, which apparently was submitted by some Tool website.

Kurt Russell
03-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Thank you for posting some real information. You're a model TDN'er.

TheRuleOfThree
03-12-2006, 02:08 PM

=)

ifrigginghatethis
03-12-2006, 02:09 PM
does that mean that the cover on amazon.de is legit?

Andorion
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
FOR FUCK SAKE I can't believe he posted that link... IT'S NOT ON AMAZON.DE IT'S ON TOOLUNE.DE

e: Just realized maybe he was kidding around, not suggesting it's serious.

stu
03-12-2006, 02:11 PM
so i don't have to change my screen name?

TheRuleOfThree
No. The line where he says "I dont know how they pulled that one off" or whatever is in reference to the album cover on that site. Apparently it is from "toolune.de" which is a fake Tool site or something. Either way, this is legit news.

gl0tch
well that being said, people seem to be 50 / 50 on the Dot_Matrix posts and no matter what there will always be non-believers. All things considered, we dont know what fakes he saw.

gl0tch
03-12-2006, 02:12 PM
does that mean that the cover on amazon.de is legit?

no it means its bullshit.

jhnygsh
03-12-2006, 02:12 PM
so i don't have to change my screen name?

damnut, lol we posted the info at the same time!

toolloot
03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
At least this means that it's more likely for the album to actually be called 10,000 days and not actually be a spoof. It's more convincing, basically.

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Cool.

tentonmantra
03-12-2006, 02:14 PM
toolune.de

yeah thatīs amazon for sure....

steve99_9
03-12-2006, 02:16 PM
more news = good news

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 02:17 PM
tonight i'm going to cry myself to sleep knowing the title really is "10.000 days". Seriously, THE POT would make a better album title.

from opiate to undertow to aenima to lateralus to.. 10.000 days
why oh why

tentonmantra
03-12-2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=music-de&field-artist=Tool/ref=sr_sp_dp_2_1/302-9640146-7512811

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/302-9640146-7512811

santa claus lives in the north pole.
eastern bunny pays him a visit when itīs sun season.
they dance the polka together.

Tyro
03-12-2006, 02:19 PM
And a title with enema entangled in it isn't kind of bizzare?

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Well, I'm now convinced that the album and horrible tracklisting are the real deal.

Fuck Tool.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:21 PM
What, mine?

Just to say I take defeat and accept that the title is what it is.

Edit: oh. Nevermind then.

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 02:21 PM
i can live with bizzare. bizzare is good. bizzare is tool.

10.000 days is just shitty. it's shit. pissanalfuckshit.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:22 PM
i can live with bizzare. bizzare is good. bizzare is tool.

10.000 days is just shitty. it's shit. pissanalfuckshit.
I agree entirely. You think you're still gonna buy the album?

I'll prolly just download it or something.

Tyro
03-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, I'm now convinced that the album and horrible tracklisting are the real deal.

Fuck Tool.

So, when you first read the title "Prison Sex" before you heard it, you were all ike "z0mg, this track title is soooo coooollll".

Just fucking wait to see how the titles are incorperated, and maybe, just maybe, they will start to make sense and you'll change your mind.

Kurt Russell
03-12-2006, 02:23 PM
To tell you the truth, I like the new titles...

steve99_9
03-12-2006, 02:23 PM
So, when you first read the title "Prison Sex" before you heard it, you were all ike "z0mg, this track title is soooo coooollll".

Just fucking wait to see how the titles are incorperated, and maybe, just maybe, they will start to make sense and you'll change your mind.
don't waste your breath man, don't let this thread turn into another dumb arguement, it won't end

To tell you the truth, I like the new titles...

same here

Tyro
03-12-2006, 02:24 PM
don't waste your breath man, don't let this thread turn into abother dumb arguement, it won't end

I thought it was a legit thing to say. Plus, Colbert owns, I heart you already.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:25 PM

I got into Tool between AEnima and Lateralus.

So, yes, I already accepted that it was a title.

And no, I will never accept "rosetta stoned". Ever.

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)

does anyone honestly think that's a good song title? and no, don't give me "it's all about the music" bullshit. IS THE TITLE GOOD? SEARCH DEEP INSIDE YOUR SOUL BECAUSE UNDERNEATH THE FANBOISM AND THE WET DREAMS YOU HAVE ABOUT MAYNARD YOU KNOW IT'S A SHITTY TITLE.

stu
03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
worked for pink floyd

TheRuleOfThree
03-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I just think this serves to show how little of Tool's mystique has to do with what they say and how much it relies on their fanbase. There's this enormous, overwhelming concept of Tool as this larger-than-life band that has gotten so blown out of proportion that people are expecting everything from the track titles to the liner notes to be indicative of some great philosophy or challenging wordplay. We've seen at least four or five fake covers that people spent time on, fake articles, fake emails, fake tracklists... its just outrageous.

This should filter some of that out. We have the name, we have the titles, and people are going to deny it until the 2nd. When the artwork is posted, we'll see it on TA. I'm sure we'll get TA previews of singles and songs, so it will be easier to verify what is fake and what is real. Ultimately, though, I think this will be an interesting time to watch all the people that are into the "idea" of Tool more than Tool themselves.

Tyro
I know that I don't like the titles, but as long as the music doesn't suck, my dissapointment will be somewhat quelled.

Ocelot199
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)

does anyone honestly think that's a good song title? and no, don't give me "it's all about the music" bullshit. IS THE TITLE GOOD? SEARCH DEEP INSIDE YOUR SOUL BECAUSE UNDERNEATH THE FANBOISM AND THE WET DREAMS YOU HAVE ABOUT MAYNARD YOU KNOW IT'S A SHITTY TITLE.
It reminds me way too much of Pink Floyd's "Animals".

I mean, seriously... its so similar to Pigs on the Wing... Tool probably just stole that from teh Floyd. They've said numerous times that Floyd is an influence on them.

Edit: haha, someone said it before me.

KJM
03-12-2006, 02:28 PM

it's not different from the e-mails people have been posting for the last two days.

steve99_9
03-12-2006, 02:28 PM
guys..this thread is not a debate if the names are good or not

TheRuleOfThree
03-12-2006, 02:29 PM
it's not different from the e-mails people have been posting for the last two days.

True. However, there is the added truth that it is very easy to fake an email. Luckily, of course, most of those posting Blair emails were telling the truth.

tentonmantra
03-12-2006, 02:30 PM
what was the point of that post?

edit: to tetonmantra

if you follow the links AND look at the addresses you will notice:

- thereīs no toolune.de along with them. // amazon.de is amazon.de and thatīs it.
- thereīs no 10.000 days from tool in their catalogue (i made 2 searches, one for "tool "and one for "10.000 days"

the link in the first post of this thread is a fake.
DONīT SPEND YOUR MONEY THERE. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD #.

obs.: you know that the average tool member here would say "you f**ing moron, why donīt you fu***ing click the fu***ing links and see for yourself what I am trying to Fu***in say to you????" - not very nice behaviour...

Kurt Russell
Dude, the names don't fucking matter. They could have named the album "420 LOLZ!" for all I care. If someone's name was something stupid, like Ted, would you take them any less seriously when they talked?" Yeah I would too, but that's beside the point....

or is it?

Perseensilmä
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=music-de&field-artist=Tool/ref=sr_sp_dp_2_1/302-9640146-7512811

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/302-9640146-7512811

santa claus lives in the north pole.
eastern bunny pays him a visit when itīs sun season.
they dance the polka together.

Actually Santa Claus lives in the Korvatunturi.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Dude, the names don't fucking matter. They could have named the album "420 LOLZ!" for all I care. If someone's name was something stupid, like Ted, would you take them any less seriously when they talked?" Yeah I would too, but that's beside the point....

or is it?
This is actually a really good way of putting how I feel about the album title and track names.

For example, theres this chick my brother hangs out with named Princess. I swear to god, her name is Princess. I can't talk to her, for fear of laughing in her face because of it. I can't take her seriously, even though I do sort of know her and realize shes probably a cool person.

Because her name is fucking "Princess".

I hate her parents.

KJM
03-12-2006, 02:34 PM
True. However, there is the added truth that it is very easy to fake an email. Luckily, of course, most of those posting Blair emails were telling the truth.

::shrug:: I saw the e-mails. I know they were truthful.

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 02:35 PM

of course i'm going to dl it at first. I don't buy any albums before i've heard them. I don't care if it comes straight trough jesus ass, I don't trust anyone, and especially not die hard fans and reviewers. they're all stuck into the hype.

will the music suck because the titles suck? no. I hope it doesnt.
will the titles still suck if the music is good? fuck yes.

TheRuleOfThree
03-12-2006, 02:35 PM
This is actually a really good way of putting how I feel about the album title and track names.

For example, theres this chick my brother hangs out with named Princess. I swear to god, her name is Princess. I can't talk to her, for fear of laughing in her face because of it. I can't take her seriously, even though I do sort of know her and realize shes probably a cool person.

I hate her parents.

This, unfortunately, is probably just proof of you being shallow.

stu
03-12-2006, 02:36 PM
It's titles you fucking jerkoff. They could've called Ænima "Cupcake" and it'd still be good music. Titles don't mean shit you fucking idiot.
you turd
lol

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Well I always knew Ocelot was a fucking moron, this thread just provides more evidence.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:37 PM
This, unfortunately, is probably just proof of you being shallow.
Don't pretend you're any better.

It's titles you fucking jerkoff. They could've called Ænima "Cupcake" and it'd still be good music. Titles don't mean shit you fucking idiot.
Read my post about Princess. I'm not saying I won't like the music... I probably will. The titles still suck, Tool still came up with them, and I'm still pissed that they aren't what I expected them to be (and suck).

Edit: I thought we were cool, mike. wtf is your problem?

steve99_9
03-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Well I always knew Ocelot was a fucking moron, this thread just provides more evidence.
you should check out the thread he made yesterday, plenty of proof there

TheRuleOfThree
03-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Don't pretend you're any better.

I'm not pretending. I don't know anyone in my personal life or really anywhere that I've been unable to talk with because of their name. Nor do I find it hard to listen to music that has odd names... such as "Hooker With a Penis" or "Stinkfist."

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:40 PM
you should check out the thread he made yesterday, plenty of proof there
Look you little shit brick, just shut the fuck up. If you're going to start something every fucking time you disagree with me, go fucking kill yourself. How about, respect my fucking opinion and I respect your shity one? That sound good?

You're a fucking troll here. You promote all the info you decided to personally believe like you know it to be fact, when in reality you're probably scared at how stupid you'd look if it turns out you're wrong.

Why can't you just shut the FUCK UP? You're not cute, you're not funny, you're not clever, you're just fucking irritating as hell. Please, get cancer.

Edit: You're on my ignore list now. Don't bother responding.

tentonmantra
03-12-2006, 02:40 PM
The German Amazon link is well done,

it fooled me 1 second....

i wonder how many gave them their credit card numbers.
hopefully itīs just a joke.

tentonmantra
03-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Look you little shit brick, just shut the fuck up. If you're going to start something every fucking time you disagree with me, go fucking kill yourself. How about, respect my fucking opinion and I respect your shity one? That sound good?

You're a fucking troll here. You promote all the info you decided to personally believe like you know it to be fact, when in reality you're probably scared at how stupid you'd look if it turns out you're wrong.

Why can't you just shut the FUCK UP? You're not cute, you're not funny, you're not clever, you're just fucking irritating as hell. Please, get cancer.

this reminded me of "Message to Harry Manback".
tsc tsc tsc

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm not pretending. I don't know anyone in my personal life or really anywhere that I've been unable to talk with because of their name. Nor do I find it hard to listen to music that has odd names... such as "Hooker With a Penis" or "Stinkfist."
I'm not about to not listen to the new album because I dislike the titles. But going into it, I'm not going to have very high expectations, just because of everything thats been presented thus far.

Maybe that's Tool's plan all along: make us think they're gone totally [no] so our expectations about the new album are low, and then kick us in the face with awsomeness.

steve99_9
03-12-2006, 02:44 PM

wooo...somebody's crankyyy

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 02:44 PM

titles and artwork got their share of the whole album experience, why the fuck would people bother with them otherwise? but I guess you got your tongue up maynards ass so deep you won't admitt that so far you've been disapointed with what we've learned. you'll bend over, take it, pay for it and convince yourself you liked it.

clap clap

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:46 PM
titles and artwork got their share of the whole album experience, why the fuck would people bother with them otherwise? but I guess you got your tongue up maynards ass so deep you won't admitt that so far you've been disapointed with what we've learned. you'll bend over, take it, pay for it and convince yourself you liked it.

clap clap
As much as I have been agreeing with you so far, you're wrong about mike... hes been pretty indifferent towards the whole thing, as far as I can see. Hes just looking for facts, not promoting what he doesn't know like it is fact.

I posted something along the same lines yesterday, about how I buy albums for the whole package: album art, CD art, booklet, title, logo, tracknames... all of that. If I didn't want that, I'd just buy the album off iTunes.

orange.juice
03-12-2006, 02:46 PM
i wonder how many gave them their credit card numbers.
hopefully itīs just a joke.
no, itīs not a joke. it is an evil ripoff. Actually, the guy that made it up is also responsible for the huge New York electricity failure a couple of years ago.

steve99_9
03-12-2006, 02:47 PM

clap clap
so by reading that, its either

a) you like the album names and suck at life and suck maynards dick
or
b) be cool like you & Ocelot and hate Tool because of tracknames...

hmmm...tough choice

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 02:51 PM
i like tool
i hate the titles
i hope the music doesn't suck
but i've been disapointed from what we've learned so far
people that embraces everything tool does just because it's tool even if it sucks analcunt pisses me off

analyze this

Tyro
03-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Hooker with a Penis is worse than Rosetta stoned, I'll livid. I mean, uh, live.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 02:56 PM
i like tool
i hate the titles
i hope the music doesn't suck
but i've been disapointed from what we've learned so far
people that embraces everything tool does just because it's tool even if it sucks analcunt pisses me off

analyze this
I've been saying the same thing for the last few days, and everyone keeps taking it to mean I don't like Tool or I'm somehow judging the music on the new album.

People piss me off.

I love you.

Tyro
03-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I've been saying the same thing for the last few days,

In all fairness, you take a bit more of a cynical approach than him. Aka ("I''m downloading the album", and "fuck tool")

I don't recall you coming out and saying, "perhaps these titles aren't great, but I'll wait for the music"(aka the complete package) to make a full decision. Not saying that you don't agree with that, but it never seemed like that thought was at your forefront until someone else brought it up and you agreed with it.

Andorion
03-12-2006, 03:02 PM
This just added:

WARNING!
Some of you think I should post a warning claiming that the the German 'Amazon' site is FAKE. I thought I just did!!! It's not even Amazon... It's NOT the real artwork... the official release date is May 2nd... be WARNED... it's someone's way to get your money (maybe)... now, I've a barbecue to go to... even though it's kind of bleak outside (wait...) Ah, the sun just came out.

tentonmantra
03-12-2006, 03:05 PM
In all fairness, you take a bit more of a cynical approach than him. Aka ("I''m downloading the album", and "fuck tool")

I don't recall you coming out and saying, "perhaps these titles aren't great, but I'll wait for the music"(aka the complete package) to make a full decision. Not saying that you don't agree with that, but it never seemed like that thought was at your forefront until someone else brought it up and you agreed with it.

this board should have smileys....

\m/

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 03:06 PM
hold me ocelot
::hold::

That good?

I've said it a few times... that I'm just judging the album by what we know if it thus far.

And yeah, I'm more cynical... mostly because I'm upset that one of my favorite bands looks like its fucking with its fans (and coming up with crap like "Rosetta Stoned").

Ganjalf
03-12-2006, 03:09 PM
why did nobody mention the art work they have up on amazon.de that flower is pretty badass imo

-edit- read posts up that it could be fake

tentonmantra
03-12-2006, 03:10 PM
hooker with a penis > horrible name out of context. great song. funny lyrics (some should read it again)

KJM
03-12-2006, 03:11 PM
hooker with a penis is a funny title. period.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 03:12 PM
why did nobody mention the art work they have up on amazon.de that flower is pretty badass imo

-edit- read posts up that it could be fake
It is totally fake.

hooker with a penis > horrible name out of context. great song. funny lyrics (some should read it again)
Yeah, but its at least creative and has a metaphorical meaning without the need of the lyrics in the song. Stuff like "the pot" is just that... theres nothing more to see from just that title.

I like Hooker with a Penis... its a cool title.

Dross
03-12-2006, 03:12 PM
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)

It is all about the music you fuckstick.

Another thing to realize is the song names most likely don't refer to lyrics like in most TOOL songs. Yet another reason not to care about the track titles.

Man there are a lot of TOOL whiners out there. I mean holy shit just because Laturalus had 'complex spiritual names' doens't mean this has to follow that path. I mean the album is going to rule.

Do any of you anylize other band track/title names before they come out this much? You are putting the band way up on a pedistal as if they are godlike. As soon as they don't use their seemingly 'standard' album/track names you cry like a little bitch.

I bet if the names were like laturalus everyone would be complianing they were too similar. The same goes for the rest of the albums.

STOP FUCKING BITCHING!

Ganjalf
03-12-2006, 03:14 PM
i really wish that flower was the album cover i think it looks amazing

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey Dross, are you going to download the album from iTunes or something else like that? Or are you going to buy the actual disk?

Because theres a difference. You seem to only care about the music. Guess what? We're not all you.

i really wish that flower was the album cover i think it looks amazing
It looks like the cover from Orchid (Opeth album).

I agree, it is sexy. Been done though... I'd be dissapointed if that really was the cover.

Isac Khrondor
03-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I still don't believe the crap Blair put out about the titles.

If he is telling the truth though, i'd like you all to forget about what i've just said.

Ganjalf
03-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey Dross, are you going to download the album from iTunes or something else like that? Or are you going to buy the actual disk?

Because theres a difference. You seem to only care about the music. Guess what? We're not all you.

It looks like the cover from Orchid (Opeth album).

I agree, it is sexy. Been done though... I'd be dissapointed if that really was the cover.

its pretty different from all of them considering its based on the flower of life, but as long as the real one is still good i dont really care

Nebel
03-12-2006, 03:22 PM
If people think the tracklisting is crap, let them, they have as much obligation as anyone, I'm neutral however, some of the titles are just... but I don't care, I've waited for years for this new Tool, part of me thinks that I'll be let down but part of me doesn't care since it's been too long since new Tool

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm still pissed that they aren't what I expected them to be (and suck).

Oh I guess they should've consulted you before they finalized the titles.

Assy.

Tyro
03-12-2006, 03:27 PM
It is all about the music you fuckstick.

STOP FUCKING BITCHING!

Uh ... yea.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Oh I guess they should've consulted you before they finalized the titles.

Assy.
Are you on the rag or something? What the hell did I do to you? You understood what I said in that post...

Tyro
03-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, but its at least creative and has a metaphorical meaning

Seriously dude. Seriously. As much as I think the Pot is a dumb title, since you have no lyrics, how are you dead certain that it isn't some metaphor that will fucking blow you away? Seriously. The prejudging is getting annoying, the people bitching about the prejudging is getting tedious, and I think we should all be friends. *hugs Ocelot*

*looks for a tree, locates tree, and {[(hugs)]} tree.*

Nebel
03-12-2006, 03:32 PM
why argue when we can all just have sex?

Tyro
03-12-2006, 03:32 PM
why argue when we can all just have sex?

"This man knows what's up"

- Just about every person on tdn.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Seriously dude. Seriously. As much as I think the Pot is a dumb title, since you have no lyrics, how are you dead certain that it isn't some metaphor that will fucking blow you away? Seriously. The prejudging is getting annoying, the people bitching about the prejudging is getting tedious, and I think we should all be friends. *hugs Ocelot*

*looks for a tree, locates tree, and {[(hugs)]} tree.*
Hey, like I said... I'm just going on what we have now. Maybe you're right... I'd be happy if you were.

But for the record, I hate the way pot smells.

Nemesis
03-12-2006, 03:34 PM
This just added:

...even though it's kind of bleak outside (wait...) Ah, the sun just came out.

There was a post the other day about BMB talking about the weather... I can't find it, but it said something about there being news if it's sunny or something!?!?!?

mike tyson
Are you on the rag or something? What the hell did I do to you? You understood what I said in that post...

I deeply disagree with you. I think you're being stupid, ignorant, and an asshole.

Ocelot199
I deeply disagree with you. I think you're being stupid, ignorant, and an asshole.
Sorry :(

Lets be buttfriends, and forget this nonsense. K?

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Stop being an idiot.

Fap
03-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I won't be happy about the titles until they change them to unpronounceable gibberish such as "Ia Ftaghn" and "Commotose to the Ixnam Tayx". >:(

ATARI
03-12-2006, 03:40 PM

If he is telling the truth though, i'd like you all to forget about what i've just said.

I'll quote it just in case

just simulacra
03-12-2006, 03:41 PM
It's going to be funny when it's proven these aren't the titles.

tentonmantra
03-12-2006, 03:42 PM
It is totally fake.

Yeah, but its at least creative and has a metaphorical meaning without the need of the lyrics in the song. Stuff like "the pot" is just that... theres nothing more to see from just that title.

you like "hooker with a penis" because you already know the context, that was my point. you do need the lyrics, because the song itīs not about male prostitutes or transvestites.

and please tell us what is your interpretation for "The pot".

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 03:46 PM
I won't be happy about the titles until they change them to unpronounceable gibberish such as "Ia Ftaghn" and "Commotose to the Ixnam Tayx". >:(

If you're looking for titles like that, go listen to the Mars Volta.

KJM
03-12-2006, 03:47 PM
It's going to be funny when it's proven these aren't the titles.

and if they are proven as titles, it's going to be really funny to watch people who said they weren't scramble to not look stupid for laughing at everyone else.

Isac Khrondor
03-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Or that Aphex Twin album with the titles like Jynweythek..

Gwely Mernans..

..Kladfvgbung Micshk

Prep Gwarlek 3b..

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 03:48 PM
you like "hooker with a penis" because you already know the context, that was my point. you do need the lyrics, because the song itīs not about male prostitutes or transvestites.

and please tell us what is your interpretation for "The pot".
Just from the title "Hooker With a Penis", you get an idea tha the song is about someone 'whoring' themselves in a way you don't traditionally think of (ie, not involving sex). That alone is a clever play on words, which the lyrics define and give depth to.

I don't have any interpretation of "The Pot", because I can't see any sort of messages there (without the lyrics, obviously). I only said I like the title Hooker with a Penis because people keep saying "Nobody would think that was a Tool song pre-AEnima blah blah blah". Not saying all Tool song titles are like that, just that theres a difference between HwaP and The Pot that a lot of people seem to be overlooking.

Stop being an idiot.
I'm an idiot because you disagree with me? I've calmed down a lot... I'm just talking like the rest of the people here (minus Stevefuck, whos on my ignore list now).

Edit: I've already said that, because of Blair's TA update, I do believe the album name and track listing is as he posted on Toolband... Doesn't mean I like them any better. Just saying, I'm not hoping for anything else anymore.

Fap
03-12-2006, 03:49 PM
If you're looking for titles like that, go listen to the Mars Volta.

I was making fun of them.

bass_dude
03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Just from the title "Hooker With a Penis", you get an idea tha the song is about someone 'whoring' themselves in a way you don't traditionally think of (ie, not involving sex). That alone is a clever play on words, which the lyrics define and give depth to.

To be totally honest, most of the people i know who have seen the title havn't immediately jumped to the conclusion that you speak of (whoring etc), but have done after reading the notes.

I was making fun of them.

Don't. they are an amazingly talented band.

Alex

Fap
03-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Don't. they are an amazingly talented band.

Alex

I like their music, but their titles are pretty lol.

"Cassandra Geminni: C. Faminepulse"

Boozy Eulogist
Here's what makes the titles easy for me to take.

I thought Ænima and several of it's tracks were really bad names. Then again at that point I had only heard the titles, and Ænima was still most commonly thought of next to a puckered asshole. Between getting shit out of your asshole, and a hooker with a cock, I was expecting some pretty weak material.

I think most of us can agree that album turned out kinda sorta maybe good.

#Notion
Wow. Didn't realize how many self-centered egotistical assholes were on this forum.

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 03:56 PM
maynard must have been touched by god to be able to spit out lyrics to "10.000 days" to blow my mind. the title is not only bad but it's also very vague which is a bad combo, most tool songs does not suffer from both.

but hey i'm crossing my fingers.

bass_dude
03-12-2006, 03:56 PM
I like their music, but their titles are pretty lol.

"Cassandra Geminni: C. Faminepulse"

meh...i guess when you are writing an album about your friend killing themselves you can have a few "quirky" titles for internet people to read into.
:)

Alex

Isac Khrondor
03-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Wow. Didn't realize how many self-centered egotistical assholes were on this forum.

Try the whole world.

Fap
03-12-2006, 04:00 PM

I'm better than everyone. Except who ever posts after me, that wonderful person.

meh...i guess when you are writing an album about your friend killing themselves you can have a few "quirky" titles for internet people to read into.

Works for me!

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm better than everyone. Except who ever posts after me, that wonderful person.
YAY!

Nebel
03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
maynard must have been touched by god to be able to spit out lyrics to "10.000 days" to blow my mind. the title is not only bad but it's also very vain which is a bad combo, most tool songs does not suffer from both.

but hey i'm crossing my fingers.

What's so bad about 10,000 Days as a song title (not an album title...) especially compared to song titles like "The Pot"?

Boozy Eulogist
03-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm glad they didn't go the Coheed route.

I preffer my stories to be in the music, not in the goddamn tracklist.

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 04:05 PM
What's so bad about 10,000 Days as a song title (not an album title...) especially compared to song titles like "The Pot"?

the pot sounds humourous just like a bunch of other tool songs (swamp song coming to mind)

10.000 Days is obviously a serious attempt to sound deep but just falls flat because it's too vague and just plain shitty. having it as an album title and adding the "10.000 fists" factor to it does not help.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 04:06 PM
As a song title, theres nothing bad about 10,000 days. I wouldn't mind it. As the album title, it just seems... blah. If any of the songs should be the title track, they should have named it "Wings". I would totally dig that.

psims23
03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
As a song title, theres nothing bad about 10,000 days. I wouldn't mind it. As the album title, it just seems... blah. If any of the songs should be the title track, they should have named it "Wings". I would totally dig that.

Wasn't Wings the name of a comedy on USA? I would seriously hate that as a title... 10,000 Days... sounds epic and wonderful to me

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
03-12-2006, 04:10 PM
lol, you guys are fabulous.

psims23
03-12-2006, 04:11 PM
lol, you guys are gay.

...keep Lurking newb

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Edit: I've already said that, because of Blair's TA update, I do believe the album name and track listing is as he posted on Toolband... Doesn't mean I like them any better. Just saying, I'm not hoping for anything else anymore.

Blame yourself for putting this album on a pedestal. Sure we all waited 5 years, but saying it's disappointing because the fucking titles aren't what you expected? Come on man.

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 04:12 PM
lol, you guys are gay.

no animated 'tars or saying "gay"

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Blame yourself for putting this album on a pedestal. Sure we all waited 5 years, but saying it's disappointing because the fucking titles aren't what you expected? Come on man.
I never said otherwise.

I'm over it now. Its not like I'm not going to buy the new album or whatever. It'll probably rock and I'll pretend like I never bitched this much about it.

Het_Bijeenroepen
03-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I think this album should be callled (Paul McCartney and) Wings

von satan
03-12-2006, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=But for the record, I hate the way pot smells.[/QUOTE]

sweetest smell known to man

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Wasn't Wings the name of a comedy on USA? I would seriously hate that as a title... 10,000 Days... sounds epic and wonderful to me
Dunno, I never watch TV.

10,000 Days just seems so forced. "Wings" sounds... I dunno, less so. I don't know how to describe it.

weak&weary
03-12-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm guessing that "10,000 Days" conveys more of the overall ideals of the album than "Wings", because otherwise that would be the title (maybe).

Though, you're right: "Wings" sounds better.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo
03-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't care what the new album sounds like, or what the titles are. As long as I get to see Maynard live, bouncing his ass up and down. OMG, that is so hot. I remember I saw Maynard during the Lateralus tour, and he was in a speedo only, the way he moved his ass was AMAZING!! That's all I care about.

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I never said otherwise.

I'm over it now. Its not like I'm not going to buy the new album or whatever. It'll probably rock and I'll pretend like I never bitched this much about it.

Make up your mind.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 04:25 PM
I've changed my mind, like I said...

My most recent post reflects how I feel.

Mr.Rubberburner
yeah, or he'll eat your children

Het_Bijeenroepen
Mullllll of Kintyyyyre...

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I've changed my mind, like I said...

My most recent post reflects how I feel.
beep beep

my emo radar is blinking

mike tyson
03-12-2006, 04:29 PM
yeah, or he'll eat your children

That I will.

+5 points for not saying "he'll bite your ear off" like everyone else

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 04:30 PM
beep beep

my emo radar is blinking
What? I still agree with you that its dissapointing so far. I'm over it... it'll be what it is, bitching isn't going to change that. If it sucks, I won't buy it. I doubt its going to suck, though.

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 04:32 PM
What? I still agree with you that its dissapointing so far. I'm over it... it'll be what it is, bitching isn't going to change that. If it sucks, I won't buy it. I doubt its going to suck, though.

kidding. relax.

you're emotional.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 04:35 PM
kidding. relax.

you're emotional.
Duh.

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 04:37 PM
well that being said, people seem to be 50 / 50 on the Dot_Matrix posts and no matter what there will always be non-believers. All things considered, we dont know what fakes he saw.
Sorry to ask this but I have not seen the dot_matrix pictures anyway maybe I can get a link?? And do they look legit?? Thanks for your time kind sirs.

TurdEye13
03-12-2006, 04:37 PM
now we know

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Sorry to ask this but I have not seen the dot_matrix pictures anyway maybe I can get a link?? And do they look legit?? Thanks for your time kind sirs.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6690/p22oy.th.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8186/jd100009vf.th.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10000in7ig.jpg

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 04:41 PM

I hate her parents.
Is she hot??? If so her name doesn't matter. LOL

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 04:44 PM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6690/p22oy.th.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8186/jd100009vf.th.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10000in7ig.jpg
These are the pics everyone's been talking about?? I thought someone found some new one's or something?? Anyway Thank you very much for posting the link kind sir.

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 04:49 PM
there are other fakes floating but these are the dot_matrix's ones.

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 04:55 PM
there are other fakes floating but these are the dot_matrix's ones.
Alright, Thank you once again for posting them so quickly, and for explaining the situation to me kind sir.

flipmojo
03-12-2006, 04:55 PM
This thread reports nothing new. It only adds another confirmation that the album title is '10.000 Days' and the tracklist from toolband.com is correct. Thanks for starting it with the post from Toolarmy though - much appreciated.

On a side note: 3 pages of this thread are filled with junk about what Ocelot199 thinks about the album title and track titles. It is ridiculous. That person LOVES to redirect coversations off of the topic and onto them. For the millionth time, give Ocelot199 a warning or temporary ban. It would spare everyone alot of drama and allow people to openly share their thoughts. It might even help Ocelot lighten up some.

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 04:58 PM
YAY 100 Hundred posts for me, tis a great day!! I should make a new album called 100 hundred posts in less than 10,000 days!! Just Ignore this I'm bored.

Mr.Rubberburner
03-12-2006, 05:00 PM
YAY 100 Hundred posts for me, tis a great day!! I should make a new album called 100 hundred posts in less than 10,000 days!! Just Ignore this I'm bored.
I wanna see the artwork to THIS album

flipmojo
03-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Sorry for destroying your life, asshole. I'm such a bad guy for discussing something that everyone else is in a thread where no reply or discussion aside from "thanks for the info can i suck your balls plzy?" makes any sense.

Fuck you.

Typical.

Ocelot199
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Okay, you're so awsome and smart, what the fuck else was going to happen from this thread's original intent? Four pages of people thanking some guy for hitting copy/paste in order to give us info we already pretty much knew?

What the hell?

Mr.Rubberburner
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
10,000 Days is tearing everyone apart

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 05:05 PM
I wanna see the artwork to THIS album
And I want to show it to you. However I feel if I reveal it now people will think its not real.

Mr.Rubberburner
03-12-2006, 05:06 PM
And I want to show it to you. However I feel if I reveal it now people will think its not real.
lol

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 05:06 PM
10,000 Days and that awful track listing are tearing everyone apart
Fixed.

flipmojo
03-12-2006, 05:07 PM
10,000 Days is tearing everyone apart

Not everyone.

I don't mind the album title or tracklist. I can't wait to hear the album. It baffles me how people can have a negative opinion about words.

Mr.Rubberburner
03-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey, whatever it is, we'll all buy it. I'd buy 77 minutes of Maynard farting into a microphone

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 05:08 PM
lol
But look you seem like a nice guy, what would you say if I were to tell you that I could go try and make the album cover after I'm done eating later tonight (In the restroom) and post it for just for you?? Would you be excited??

Mr.Rubberburner
03-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Not everyone.

I don't mind the album title or tracklist. I can't wait to hear the album. It baffles me how people can have a negative opinion about words.
I agree...negativity sucks...let's all get laid tonight

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey, whatever it is, we'll all buy it. I'd buy 77 minutes of Maynard farting into a microphone
Would they be all different kinds of Farts?? Ohhh.... what am I saying I'd buy two copies plus all the T-Shirts no matter how few different kinds of farts their were.

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I agree...negativity sucks...let's all get laid tonight
I like your spunk man!! Do you have a myspace account?? I need more friends on mine. LOL

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-12-2006, 05:11 PM

I'll remember to forget that.

TurdEye13
03-12-2006, 05:35 PM
You know what guys, I think Tool is finally being straightforward with us for a change. Maybe they are doing this to throw us off. Since they have been so untrustworthy in the past, they may just be trying to get away from that now.

One Dark Flame
03-12-2006, 05:45 PM
You know what guys, I think Tool is finally being straightforward with us for a change. Maybe they are doing this to throw us off. Since they have been so untrustworthy in the past, they may just be trying to get away from that now.
That's what I'm affraid of. I was looking forward to the tricks they play on their fans and other things of that nature.

Jesus Knievel
03-12-2006, 05:50 PM

Or mabey you are wrong...

Jesus Knievel
03-12-2006, 05:51 PM
you are wrong...

fixed

dracomordag
03-12-2006, 05:52 PM
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)

i honestly think thats an amazing title....

and there's plenty of these new titles i don't like.

Systolic
03-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I just got in on this, but check out my Just FYI thread.. he addressed both of the questions I asked him via email in his post... Just thought I'd point that out. :P

ATARI
03-12-2006, 07:40 PM
tough bunnies

pris0n
03-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Why do people hate tool so much?

And I'm suprised no one is using that kill tool avatar

Finny
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
http://www.amazon.de.toolune.de/joke.htm

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I dont get why peopel feel that they can judge the legitimacy if the track titles before hearing the music in context. Tool is sligtly more sophisticated than most of the numetal shit on the radio, I expect a level of maturity amongst the fans. 'I'm not gonna buy the album because I dont sound smart saying the track names' give me a fucking break.

champion
03-12-2006, 09:20 PM
I just think this serves to show how little of Tool's mystique has to do with what they say and how much it relies on their fanbase. There's this enormous, overwhelming concept of Tool as this larger-than-life band that has gotten so blown out of proportion that people are expecting everything from the track titles to the liner notes to be indicative of some great philosophy or challenging wordplay. We've seen at least four or five fake covers that people spent time on, fake articles, fake emails, fake tracklists... its just outrageous.

This should filter some of that out. We have the name, we have the titles, and people are going to deny it until the 2nd. When the artwork is posted, we'll see it on TA. I'm sure we'll get TA previews of singles and songs, so it will be easier to verify what is fake and what is real. Ultimately, though, I think this will be an interesting time to watch all the people that are into the "idea" of Tool more than Tool themselves.

Great post.

InertUniformity
03-12-2006, 09:54 PM
...the mystique of Tool is almost as appealing as the music IMO...especially at this point in time when we have no music, so its all mystique...

orange.juice
03-13-2006, 12:59 AM
what a useless thread.

s ti N Kfizt
03-13-2006, 04:47 AM
mike tyson rulz

mike tyson
03-13-2006, 06:02 AM
thanky sir

auroboros
03-13-2006, 06:09 AM
I dont get why peopel feel that they can judge the legitimacy if the track titles before hearing the music in context. Tool is sligtly more sophisticated than most of the numetal shit on the radio, I expect a level of maturity amongst the fans. 'I'm not gonna buy the album because I dont sound smart saying the track names' give me a fucking break.

agreed
i do not understand how people can judge, hell even dislike the titles without a frame of reference behind them ie lyrics, music (subject matter). its amazing. For instance, the pot...ok it sounds cheesy if u attach your mind to lame shitheads out there that insult your intelligence every day. Hey this is TOOL.
With a voice of reason. we can not analyse anything until that voice has been told and the context has arrived.

auroboros
03-13-2006, 06:11 AM
agreed
i do not understand how people can judge, hell even dislike the titles without a frame of reference behind them ie lyrics, music (subject matter). its amazing. For instance, the pot...ok it sounds cheesy if u attach your mind to lame shitheads out there that insult your intelligence every day. Hey this is TOOL.
With a voice of reason. we can not analyse anything until that voice has been told and the context has arrived.

ok im getting my posts up biatching at people. wooo
im the man youre the man and hes the man aswell ;)

Citizen Erased
03-13-2006, 06:24 AM
Thank you for the post RuleofThree. I wish Tool fans weren't so cynical. It's like being in a Noir film, and you're all the lead role.

TheRuleOfThree
03-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Thank you for the post RuleofThree. I wish Tool fans weren't so cynical. It's like being in a Noir film, and you're all the lead role.

You're welcome. As "useless" as this thread may seem, I realize as a member of Toolarmy I may come across some information before the rest of the community here who didn't decide to spend $50, and at this point we're all restless and grabbing for what we can. While I can't promise to record streams of a single or other songs if they provide them, I can at least pass on information that may seem to answer questions. I figured this would give us some closure on the legitimacy of the tracklisting, as it sounds rather final.

circulus
03-13-2006, 08:53 AM
It reminds me way too much of Pink Floyd's "Animals".

second

Bogart
03-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Hey circulus...is your avatar a Garbage Pail Kid?

circulus
03-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey circulus...is your avatar a Garbage Pail Kid?

www.pileup.com/babyart/

chonus
03-13-2006, 09:29 AM

Fuck them. They bitch and moan now but then will be sucking Tool's dick when it comes out.

They don't like the album name, so they're like who cares, I'll just download it, love it, and pretend like Tool sucks and I could do better.

What tools.

InertUniformity
03-13-2006, 09:33 AM
^ way to make friends on your first post.

I agree with you however. Fuck em'. I hated the titles at first (im still a little suspicious as to their authenticity) but i figure that their(the songtitles) weirdness might end up being cool in the end.

circulus
03-13-2006, 09:34 AM
names just canīt change music... I think that all this shit about the name are a fuckīn waste of time.. Iīll sit and wait THE DAY...

Andorion
03-13-2006, 09:53 AM
http://www.amazon.de.toolune.de/joke.htm

Excellent :)

Xariable
03-13-2006, 10:46 AM
I don't care if Blair posted a thousand affirmations that the title list, or LP name, is legit, I think it's BS! Rosetta Stoned? C'mon.
If you do a google search you can find folks that have put up websites like www.10000-days.com and submitted phony art to go with it. This all sounds like what Tool did before Lateralus. Only diiference is that this time they have to lay it on thick for any bootleggers to give ripping off Tool a second chance.
just my opinion.
Peace

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
^ way to make friends on your first post.

I agree with you however. Fuck em'. I hated the titles at first (im still a little suspicious as to their authenticity) but i figure that their(the songtitles) weirdness might end up being cool in the end.

He might not be making friends amoungst the douches that are bitching about the titles, but he is alright in my book. A ballsy first post, good for him.

EulogyCallinMe
03-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't care if Blair posted a thousand affirmations that the title list, or LP name, is legit, I think it's BS! Rosetta Stoned? C'mon.
If you do a google search you can find folks that have put up websites like www.10000-days.com and submitted phony art to go with it. This all sounds like what Tool did before Lateralus. Only diiference is that this time they have to lay it on thick for any bootleggers to give ripping off Tool a second chance.
just my opinion.
Peace

amen.

TheRuleOfThree
03-13-2006, 11:45 AM
just my opinion.
Peace

You are basing your assumptions with this information on something Tool did before the release of one album in order to justify titles you don't accept. I can understand where people are coming from saying there are chances this isn't real given the fact that Tool has done this stuff before, however previously Tool would let out a small piece of false information and then not speak on it until they dispelled it. Right now, you have to realize that you are dealing with several irrefutable pieces of evidence pointing towards this being true, including...

1) Repeated posts, even in exclusive areas for TA members only, reinforcing the title and tracks as true.
2) A leaked description of the album from Andy King that describes tracks that directly correlate to track titles (i.e. "Lipan Conjuring" with the "indian chanting" track). Remember the Andy King descriptions preceeded the Tool tracklist, and Tool has been avoiding making a statement on the Andy King incident. Why would they create a fake tracklist that reinforced his article?
3) Direct responses from different sources reaffirming the tracks as true (Adam on his myspace, messages to other TDN members, Blair responding to people both here and on TA)
4) Tool referencing the same track titles in an article they knew would be published (Tool has pranked online publications, but rarely print).

The fact is, the only piece of evidence people have point to this being false is a one-time prank they pulled before Lateralus, which they immediately refuted and never let get too far out of control. I think its time for people to open their eyes and recognize the legitimacy of this tracklisting.

mike09
03-13-2006, 11:50 AM
You are basing your assumptions with this information on something Tool did before the release of one album in order to justify titles you don't accept. I can understand where people are coming from saying there are chances this isn't real given the fact that Tool has done this stuff before, however previously Tool would let out a small piece of false information and then not speak on it until they dispelled it. Right now, you have to realize that you are dealing with several irrefutable pieces of evidence pointing towards this being true, including...

1) Repeated posts, even in exclusive areas for TA members only, reinforcing the title and tracks as true.
2) A leaked description of the album from Andy King that describes tracks that directly correlate to track titles (i.e. "Lipan Conjuring" with the "indian chanting" track). Remember the Andy King descriptions preceeded the Tool tracklist, and Tool has been avoiding making a statement on the Andy King incident. Why would they create a fake tracklist that reinforced his article?
3) Direct responses from different sources reaffirming the tracks as true (Adam on his myspace, messages to other TDN members, Blair responding to people both here and on TA)
4) Tool referencing the same track titles in an article they knew would be published (Tool has pranked online publications, but rarely print).

The fact is, the only piece of evidence people have point to this being false is a one-time prank they pulled before Lateralus, which they immediately refuted and never let get too far out of control. I think its time for people to open their eyes and recognize the legitimacy of this tracklisting.

or, you know, it could be fake.

TheRuleOfThree
03-13-2006, 11:54 AM

That too.

Wretched
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM

Yes, but he is supporting his statement. You are just letting your ideals blind you, and not saying anything remotely important.

zenkinet
03-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Ultimately some of us will have to have the album in our hands to believe it.
What I say is wait for April 1st to roll by and see if anything happens, if nothing happens all this 10000 Days information will have to be accepted, oh well.

Priapus
03-13-2006, 12:09 PM

Thank FUCK for this post.

Now if someone would be so kind as to post this quote in every friggin thread on this board, maybe....just MAYBE it will get through to people.

Thanks for taking the time to list the evidence TheRuleOfThree. I really can't believe people are staring all that evidence in the face and still insisting this is some elaborate conspiracy.

Tool have far more important shit to do. It's a shame certain people on this board don't.

rsh
03-13-2006, 12:11 PM
You people need to get out more.

zenkinet
03-13-2006, 12:12 PM
agreed, I am out.

champion
03-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I agree. Well-said, ROT.

The reason why Tool released this information is because the artwork for the album was being printed, and the track-listing and title were on the artwork. They just wanted to release the information officially before anyone else would.

The reason the embargo was in place was in case the band made last-minute changes. Nobody would be allowed to leak information aside from the band, no matter what.

The tracks are absolutely real. It's too late into the process for the band to fuck with us. The art's been printed, Blair and Adam are telling everyone it's the real deal, THE LATEST TOOLARMY UPDATE PROVES THEY ARE REAL. Blair says, "for anyone doubting the legitimacy of the track-listing, just wait until they hold it in their hands and realize they were real."

Xariable
03-13-2006, 12:17 PM
I really don't care if anyone believes me. I'm basing this on intuition. You can call me a fool when it comes out as described, I really wouldn't care.
It's possible that every single piece of evidence you have isn't 100% accurate.
Yes, I am basing this somewhat off assumptions from what happened before Laterlaus. I stated that myself.

Answer one question though:
What do you think of www.10000-days.com?

I do have ideals when it comes to Tool. This probably comes from the fact that they have ideals for music that they most likely live up to. Don't believe me?Read anything that Maynard says that critiques mainstream music.

My intuition tells me that you can expect album art by, or influenced by, Chet Zar and track-listing that's not an obvious pile of you-know-what.

circulus
03-13-2006, 12:17 PM
100% this.
- Edit - 10,000 times this.

TheRuleOfThree
03-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I really don't care if anyone believes me. I'm basing this on intuition. You can call me a fool when it comes out as described, I really wouldn't care.
It's possible that every single piece of evidence you have isn't 100% accurate.
Yes, I am basing this somewhat off assumptions from what happened before Laterlaus. I stated that myself.

Answer one question though:
What do you think of www.10000-days.com?

I do have ideals when it comes to Tool. This probably comes from the fact that they have ideals for music that they most likely live up to. Don't believe me?Read anything that Maynard says that critiques mainstream music.

My intuition tells me that you can expect album art by, or influenced by, Chet Zar and track-listing that's not an obvious pile of you-know-what.

I've already stated what I think about websites like the one you cited: that the majority of the mystique surrounding Tool releases is attached by fans, rather than the band themselves. All the band has to do is not answer a question immediately or not fully articulate an idea, and suddenly hundreds of people are jumping to put words in their mouth. Once the band does articulate themselves, people already have read a boatload of other interpretations and ideas from other people and it just gets convoluted. That website is a prime example, as was the Teleincision website, as well as the fake album covers, fake tracklistings, fake emails....

The fact remains that we are seeing a lot of information out of the Tool camp now. Some people take that as signs of a hoax, but frankly, there is too much of it coming from too many places for it to be false. Yes, its possible, but there are endless possibilities. However, the PROBABILITY of this being false is REDUCING DAILY by the realities that we are being presented with.

I have no real assumptions about this release except what I read in the print articles posted and the Andy King review, coupled with descriptions Blair has given us. As a TA member, I know that the majority of what is rumored on here tends to be cleared up rather quickly at TA since we get some clarity quicker, which is the only reason I tried to pass it along here.

My request... my only request... is that people will recognize and admit that the probability of this being the legitimate tracklist, the legitimate title, and the legitimate release date, is VERY HIGH. Yes, given the nature of the band's enjoyable, occasional pranking attitude, there is the off chance that it's false, but let's be honest with ourselves. It's too much to be fake. Accept that we have been given the truth and move on.

Xariable
03-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Your points are respected and noted, however, I'll accept none of it. I'll wait.

TheRuleOfThree
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Your points are respected and noted, however, I'll accept none of it. I'll wait.

Fair enough.

Jesus Knievel
03-13-2006, 01:08 PM
this thread needs more samuri pizza cats

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/129-samurai-pizza-cats/

ATARI
03-13-2006, 01:08 PM
this thread needs more samuri pizza cats

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/129-samurai-pizza-cats/

I watched this show when I was youngwe

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-13-2006, 04:13 PM
This thread took a tarantino-esq plot twist with the samarai pizza cats!

ATARI
03-13-2006, 04:14 PM
You love it

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-13-2006, 08:14 PM
You know it

Ancalagon
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Personally I think that the titles are real. My opinions? Pending judgment.

I loved the titles when I first read them. Except the album title: first impression? Great song title, poor album title ESPECIALLY when compared to "Opiate"-- a personal favorite-- "Aenima," "Lateralus," and "Undertow."

However, I'm still pending judgment. I love Tool, and they have never let me down. This could end up being wonderful; I hope I'm not disappointed.