PDA

View Full Version : a pair of e-mails from blair... about you

Darkmoogle
03-11-2006, 11:41 PM
So about twenty minutes ago I e-mailed Blair not once, but twice (forgot something), and amazingly enough I already got two responses. His messages follow mine.

first:

I find it funny as hell that fewer people believe the album title and tracklist on toolband.com than believed Aldaraia and what the fuck ever. Apparently it's because of two things: one, tool has lied to fans before, and two, neither of those posts are signed BMB, so it's anonymous and is probably bullshit.

Or something. I'd always been under the impression that Tool fans were supposed to have a bit more smarts, but a lot of them have taken 'dont believe everything you hear' to incredible extremes (but only in regards to information about the new album; not, you know, anything important).

Oh, and one of the newest fake (i assume) album covers is apparently on amazon.de - except for the fact that the url toolune.de appears in the URL, and that's a shitty anti-tool site I've never seen before.

his response:

Hi,

I agree. I wonder what they're going to say when they hold it in their hands and see those are the actual track listings? Oh, well, they wanted to know the titles and we posted them. Not much more I can do until the single is released. I saw the photo... actually several fake covers. I can tell you this: if (when) the real artwork leaks out, no body will think it's fake. Well, there's always a few TA people.

second:

Forgot to ask, what's the band's/your opinion on all the fake stuff? I'm not asking what's fake and what isn't, I'm just saying, out of the fan-made fake shit, do they thing any of them are particularly well-done or funny? Gotta admit, of the fake album covers, some of them appear to have a bit of work put into them... except this one:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7485/toolmeteora8jh.jpg

his response:

Hi,

It depends on the fakes, but they don't have much to say about it. I can tell you that the track listings recently posted on Toolband/ Toolarmy are the real deal. The artwork for the album cover is all bogus... so far.

Kind regards,
BMB

P.S.

Incredibly, one of the fake titles (23) was an actual track listing (pretty close, at least).

I e-mailed him back about the stuff Dot_Matrix posted over at echoingthesound, I'll post if I get a response.

Back to lurking...

gl0tch
03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I hope the Dot_Matrix stuff is real. The recent image looks amazing.

Colonel Pants
03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm not doubting you at all that you got these emails, but a screen shot would still be good :)

UtUmNo1
03-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Back to lurking...

Please continue to do so.

Rubb.
03-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi Moog.

Paradigm619
03-11-2006, 11:50 PM

I would tend to agree. I'd like to see a higher-res image, but that new art just posted looks great.

gl0tch
03-11-2006, 11:52 PM
I dont have a reason NOT to believe you, but I find Blair's frequency with responding to emails ESPECIALLY on a saturday night, sort of suspect.

John Doggett
03-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Someone ban all these guys.

Rubb.
03-12-2006, 12:06 AM
what'd i do? :(

flipmojo
03-12-2006, 12:07 AM
I guess it is time to hear about how everyone is emailing Blair and the band now.

Rubb.
03-12-2006, 12:12 AM
i'm not. Blair didn't reply to my awesome story about a wombat killing people so I hate him now.

Darkmoogle
03-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I'd expect people to be suspicious about, like, album art or titles, but the fact there's suspicion being cast on a pair of e-mails where blair and I essentially agree that you're all -retarded- is... well, retarded. On that note, I thought maybe you should know that, amongst the internet community of tool fans who don't go here, toolnavy is widely considered to be home to the biggest congregation of fucksluts outside of Alabama.

I can forward the e-mails to anyone who wants them, but god, people. If I were going to fake a couple messages from blair, I'd at least include some lyrics about thelema and maybe an mp3 of maynard taking a dump.

also, hey rubb.

Darkmoogle
03-12-2006, 12:19 AM
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5488/18tf.jpg

i swear to god thats unedited, i wanted to ask him how he got that block of font to sit off to the side like that but i dont know how :O

Rubb.
03-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I believe you moogie, I believe.

tits.

gl0tch
03-12-2006, 12:22 AM
ok. So whats the word on the Dot_Matrix images? What did he say about those? Of all the "fakes" that one actually seems like it might NOT be

varg
03-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Someone ban all these guys.
Fuck you buddy.

Darkmoogle
03-12-2006, 12:25 AM
thats what i asked him about when i replied, and he hasnt responded yet.

gl0tch
03-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Did you send him both images?

Darkmoogle
03-12-2006, 12:32 AM
yep.

enough of you people tonight, i'm gonna go masterbate, then sleep off this cold. i got my priorities straight.

Hannibal
03-12-2006, 12:46 AM
i don't believe you.

Ryan
03-12-2006, 12:55 AM
On that note, I thought maybe you should know that, amongst the internet community of tool fans who don't go here, toolnavy is widely considered to be home to the biggest congregation of fucksluts outside of Alabama.

LOL

somebody needs to sig that.

KJM
03-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Moogle speaks the truth. I know he does.

John, for moogle to be banned -- not that I think he'd care -- for posting legit e-mails would make very little sense.

flipmojo
03-12-2006, 01:00 AM
toolnavy is widely considered to be home to the biggest congregation of fucksluts outside of Alabama.

I'd agree with that. Although, I didn't know the Internet community had a spokesperson.

Tertius Oculum
03-12-2006, 01:00 AM
lol. Entertainment is wonderful.

Boozy Eulogist
03-12-2006, 01:01 AM
I'd expect people to be suspicious about, like, album art or titles, but the fact there's suspicion being cast on a pair of e-mails where blair and I essentially agree that you're all -retarded- is... well, retarded. On that note, I thought maybe you should know that, amongst the internet community of tool fans who don't go here, toolnavy is widely considered to be home to the biggest congregation of fucksluts outside of Alabama.

I can forward the e-mails to anyone who wants them, but god, people. If I were going to fake a couple messages from blair, I'd at least include some lyrics about thelema and maybe an mp3 of maynard taking a dump.

also, hey rubb.

I run a College Radio Station and you don't see me telling everyone here their taste in music sucks.

Glad you could come to this wasteland and share your elitist thoughts.

cornerstone
03-12-2006, 01:04 AM
LOL

somebody needs to sig that.
Haha I totally believe that statement.

KJM
03-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Glad you could come to this wasteland and share your elitist thoughts.

And his e-mails for more proof towards what so many people refuse to believe.

You're list was good, I made it better.

Boozy Eulogist
03-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Well that part I certainly don't mind. It's saying funny shit like our golf club is better than your golf club that annoys me.

champion
03-12-2006, 05:33 AM
Seriously, they're real.

tcM_Emperor
03-12-2006, 05:46 AM
Yeah because, if the track listing was fake, blair would reply to some random guy's e-mail telling him the truth?

Too many idiots these days...

svet-am
03-12-2006, 06:39 AM
i'm not going to weigh in on the real/fake debate because I've just decided to wait until it comes out, buy the album, and enjoy it regardless of titles and artwork.

however, I just thought everyone ought to know that these screenshots of people's alleged emails with blair prove nothing.

It is amazingly simple to fake a return address. Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, and Thunderbird (as well as most online email services) allow you to specify what the return address is. So, I could theoretically send myself an email and then respond to myself and have it show up as being FROM: [email protected] or whatever.

The only way to know FOR SURE that the emails are legit is to see the full mail transport headers that show exactly which servers handled the email from point to point along the routing. With those headers, you can go back and verify that the message is actually legit.

Without the headers, any email contents (even captured in a screenshot) is far too easy to be faked to be believed.

Systolic
03-12-2006, 06:42 AM
i'm not going to weigh in on the real/fake debate because I've just decided to wait until it comes out, buy the album, and enjoy it regardless of titles and artwork.

however, I just thought everyone ought to know that these screenshots of people's alleged emails with blair prove nothing.

It is amazingly simple to fake a return address. Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, and Thunderbird (as well as most online email services) allow you to specify what the return address is. So, I could theoretically send myself an email and then respond to myself and have it show up as being FROM: [email protected] or whatever.

The only way to know FOR SURE that the emails are legit is to see the full mail transport headers that show exactly which servers handled the email from point to point along the routing. With those headers, you can go back and verify that the message is actually legit.

Without the headers, any email contents (even captured in a screenshot) is far too easy to be faked to be believed.

Dude, I emaileed him too.

Look at the thread "Just FYI". For some reason he got generous last night and emailed everyone.

svet-am
03-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Dude, I emaileed him too.

Look at the thread "Just FYI". For some reason he got generous last night and emailed everyone.

and that may very well be. however, if you want *DEFINITIVE* proof of the emails, then you need to show the FULL headers so that there is no question anywhere.

The link below provides a quick tutorial and how to show the full headers in most email clients:
http://oit.nd.edu/email/fullheaders.shtml

this link covers how to do it in Yahoo! Mail:
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/config/config-11.html

This link covers how to do it in Hotmail:
http://email.about.com/cs/hotmailtips/qt/et020101.htm

Like I said, I'm not going to weigh in on the fake/real debate. However, if you really want to CYA and give people a real way to validate your word, then show the full headers.

TurdEye13
03-12-2006, 06:53 AM
I am really starting to believe what Blair is saying now.

dissonance19
03-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Said it many times. I'll gladly forward my emails to any of you doubting them all or just mine. I already sent it to KJM. Or I'll show you the header too.

dracomordag
03-12-2006, 07:25 AM

what recent image?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Hmm...Apparently I should have been e-mailing Blair last night instead of trying to contact Adam Jones in his myspace about the artwork. eh well.

hanger25934
03-12-2006, 10:34 AM
man we need a new blair email. haha

ATARI
03-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Blair is a butt buddy

Paradigm619
03-12-2006, 11:15 AM

Fuck man. How paranoid can you be?

Is it so hard for you to just straight up trust a human being? I mean, maybe you have your reasons and you have all these issues I'm not aware of, but chill the F out.

It's sad that people want all this DEFINITIVE PROOF of things that really don't mean shit in the scheme of things. It's one of already about 5 posted emails that just says the tracks and titles are real.

Holy shit. Call the FBI. I think we have a conpiracy.

Fuckin christ......

orange.juice
03-12-2006, 11:16 AM
hmmm something should happen soon... today it has been mysteriously quiet...

...so far.

gl0tch
03-12-2006, 11:29 AM
hmmm something should happen soon... today it has been mysteriously quiet...

...so far.

Keep in mind west coast time is 3 hours behind, so for Blair and Adam the day is just beginning!

Darkmoogle
03-12-2006, 01:23 PM
I run a College Radio Station and you don't see me telling everyone here their taste in music sucks.

I don't believe that, because part of running a college radio station is having the most elitest tastes in music a person can possibly have.

And while it is easy as fuck to fake an e-mail, the point remains... Why the fuck would anyone fake something as essentially non-informational as this? I mean, I guess it's possible that I have a huge inferiority complex and think that I'll be seen as cool because blair e-mailed me, or maybe I hate him and want to put words in his mouth, but seriously, what the fuck ever. If I, or anyone, was going to try and put out a legitimate hoax, it'd be a lot more extravagant than "Yeah, people are retarded."

SuperSteve
03-12-2006, 01:35 PM
You got an email, we get it.

The Scottish Tool
03-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Is there a link please?

Ryan
03-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Is there a link please?

see that thread called 'Album Art (Leaked)" in rumours? there's a good chance you'll find what you're looking for in a thread with that title.

gl0tch
03-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Here:
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=37668

And here:
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=37771

The Scottish Tool
03-12-2006, 02:25 PM
cheers.

Winner
03-13-2006, 02:18 PM
I thought maybe you should know that, amongst the internet community of tool fans who don't go here, toolnavy is widely considered to be home to the biggest congregation of fucksluts outside of Alabama.

A bit of a generalization don't you think, fellow fuckslut?

ATARI
03-13-2006, 02:22 PM
capisce

dracomordag
03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I thought maybe you should know that, amongst the internet community of tool fans who don't go here, toolnavy is widely considered to be home to the biggest congregation of fucksluts outside of Alabama.

and we sure as hell care what they think.

CrazyJoeDevola
03-13-2006, 04:20 PM
So about twenty minutes ago....bla bla bla

Hey Moog, its Jenard Hames Chreenan from TS.net. I haven't seen you since that place died. How've you been?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-13-2006, 06:47 PM
cheers.

where Everybody knows your name.

HolyReality
03-13-2006, 07:53 PM
that dot matrix stuff looks pretty authentic...it should hold me until tomorrow when I start looking for the new rumors....

khemystri
03-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I e-mailed him back about the stuff Dot_Matrix posted over at echoingthesound, I'll post if I get a response.

Back to lurking...

I missed something... whats the dot matrix image???? link please.....
im kinda slow.

dracomordag
03-13-2006, 08:04 PM
I missed something... whats the dot matrix image???? link please.....
im kinda slow.

see literally 8 posts above you

khemystri
03-13-2006, 08:07 PM
see literally 8 posts above you

Ahhhhh!!! thanks angeleyes!!!

dracomordag
03-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Ahhhhh!!! thanks angeleyes!!!

i am thoroughly creeped out by this post.

moving on.

khemystri
03-14-2006, 10:14 AM
i am thoroughly creeped out by this post.

moving on.

hey!!! its only gay if you push back. J/K

Inner_Eulogy
03-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Jesus, you all sound like a bunch of kids fighting over a phucking lollipop. Get a grip, "que sera sera"...or for those uninformed "whatever will be, will be"

blair's man sausage
03-14-2006, 02:26 PM
hey!!! its only gay if you push back. J/K

or if you give a reacharound