PDA

View Full Version : "Vignti Tres"

psims23
03-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Adam posted this on Camella's myspace on 1/4/2006.... anyone with any latin background able to translate?? It was accompanied with a picture of a 2 headed rabbit...

*alumno discipulus viscus pectus duae - *tria conventus sanctus amor
viginti tres

Systolic
03-11-2006, 10:49 PM
nursling disciple viscera pectoris two * three coming together holy love twenty three

Thats an EXACT translation. Dont know what the Hell it means.

psims23
03-11-2006, 11:01 PM
If this posts 2x sorry, but it didnt show up last time, could be lag cause of the ridiculous amounts of traffic at this site right now:

this kinda leads me to believe that some of the titles may be a fake, unless of course Maynard alone doesn't come up with all the names, which he may certainly not. Seems like a term coined and used by Adam exclusively....

Systolic
03-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I dont know. I give up. Tool got me. Its not worth the headache.

rsh
03-11-2006, 11:04 PM
blair also claims the amount of hints is absurd

psims23
03-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Whatever it is, it makes me like Viginti Tres even more, kind of has a romantic connotation to it

ATObassist
03-11-2006, 11:29 PM
If this posts 2x sorry, but it didnt show up last time, could be lag cause of the ridiculous amounts of traffic at this site right now:

this kinda leads me to believe that some of the titles may be a fake, unless of course Maynard alone doesn't come up with all the names, which he may certainly not. Seems like a term coined and used by Adam exclusively....

eon blue apacolypse....

Paradigm619
03-12-2006, 12:05 AM
nursling disciple viscera pectoris two * three coming together holy love twenty three

Well nursling disciple could mean anything, probably a reference to a certain person.

Viscera is another word for inner organs (typically the intenstines), and pectoris refers to the chest (i.e. pectoral muscles). And the two...... maybe he's talking about titties? heh.

What is the difference between tria and tres? Obviously both refer to the number three, but are obviously two different forms.

Just from the context (coming together, holy love), I'm guessing this is maybe their anniversary?

Just throwing it out there.

psims23
03-12-2006, 12:08 AM
"three coming together": Adam+Cameela+Eon Blue Apocalypse...

Paradigm619
03-12-2006, 12:09 AM
yuck.... threesomes with animals?

Not my thing.

psims23
03-12-2006, 12:10 AM
yuck.... threesomes with animals?

Not my thing.

...says the guy with cows fucking as an avatar :-P

Paradigm619
03-12-2006, 12:14 AM
:D

Never said anything about cow on cow action

psims23
03-12-2006, 12:15 AM
haha... wonder what cow tippin those two would be like

Paradigm619
03-12-2006, 12:17 AM
sloppy and embarassing

TrickyPollack
03-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Well nursling disciple could mean anything, probably a reference to a certain person.

Viscera is another word for inner organs (typically the intenstines), and pectoris refers to the chest (i.e. pectoral muscles). And the two...... maybe he's talking about titties? heh.

What is the difference between tria and tres? Obviously both refer to the number three, but are obviously two different forms.

Just from the context (coming together, holy love), I'm guessing this is maybe their anniversary?

Just throwing it out there.

I'm not sure whether or not this has already been mentioned somewhere in the forum already, but has anyone else noticed the picture of Camella on Adam's Myspace page, located in the additional pictures section, with the number 23 in the background? Perhaps that has something to do with it.......just a thought.

3poundsoflove
03-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Adam posted this on Camella's myspace on 1/4/2006.... anyone with any latin background able to translate?? It was accompanied with a picture of a 2 headed rabbit...

*alumno discipulus viscus pectus duae - *tria conventus sanctus amor
viginti tres

these are two senteces without any tense, without a verb, so it seems like these are words without any action meanings.

alumno: you can translate it with "from the disciple/pupil"

discipulus: "disciple"

viscus: "viscera"

pectus: "chest", but also, figurative "spirit"

duae: "two"

---------------------------------------------------------

tria: "three"

conventus: "of the assembly" or simply "assembly"

sanctus: "saint". it probably refers to "amor" ... holy love, saint love...

amor*: "love"

viginti tres: "twenty three"

* a curiosity about the word "amor". If you invert the order of the letters in this word, you'll get Roma (that you call Rome). Amor=Love=Roma.

stinkfish
03-12-2006, 03:19 AM
i read Vignti Tres as "virgin trees"

Who
03-12-2006, 03:39 AM
It's been a few years since I used Latin, but here's my humble input.

alumno - ablative or dative form of the word alumnus. Typically the ablative form of a noun is preceded by a preposition. Since it isn't the case here, it is probably the dative form, which means that alumnus is probably an indirect object. So "to the pupil" would be how I would translate it.

discipulus - Second declension, nominative form, usually gives the subject of a sentence. So "student" or "pupil" is probably the topic of the sentence.

viscus - flesh, organs, etc. It looks to be a third declension nominative...so I'm stumped. Two subjects?

pectus - breast, again in the nominative

duae - Either the nominative plural ("twos," which is nonsense) or the genitive form of two. If the latter, it would be translated as "of two."

tria - three, seems to be first declension nominative (or possibly the ablative again).

conventus - The forth part of the verb "venio" is "ventus" which, if I remember correctly, is used in the perfect tense ("had come"). The "con" is just a prefix that means together. Since I don't see any form of the verb esse, this can probably be ruled out. Thus, congregation or assembly, as 3poundsoflove said, is probably the best translation.

amor - Love, or it can be the first-person passive form of the verb "to love." So, it could possibly be translated as "I am loved."

viginti tres - Twenty three :)

I'm obviously not an expert of Latin since I only took two years. I'm a bit too tired to try and piece it together right now, but hopefully that adds to the collection of botched up translations.

Tyson
03-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Adam wants a threesome?

voodoochild
03-12-2006, 03:48 AM
Viginti tres: 3 Score

read into that what you will....

orange.juice
03-12-2006, 03:51 AM
i read pig latin.

Hakim
03-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Hi.

Um, I'm new here. The track list for the new album really got my interest, and I wanted to see what other people thought about it.

Doesn't this just seem to be an obvious reference to the 23rdian movement / Erisian law? Or should I be reading more into it?

So an interpretive translation of the latin could be- The assembly, coming together in body and spirit, in the holy love of 23?

Just my thinkings- but I'm not a latin speaker/reader, and I'm discordian, so I'm probably biased.

ArizonaBay
03-12-2006, 05:38 AM
fnord

ArizonaBay
03-12-2006, 05:39 AM
is this an indication that the listing is bullshit then? Hmmmmm...

ArizonaBay
03-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Wait this trackilist is bollocks... its all pot references. Jambi- produces alot of weed for domestic use. Wings for Marie- Marie Jane wings= high lipan conjouring- read and laugh ass off http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/history/WEBCUTTERS/Lipan_1980.html intension probably means nothing. twenty three means they are bullshitting. Hoffman is as much related to pot as LSD (lost keys because stoned), dont know about right in two and the other two are self explanatory.

ArizonaBay
03-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Oh actually it might be refences not to just pot but other psychadelic drugs to such as peyote cactus used by the Lipan Apache indians and LSD, but still...

3poundsoflove
03-12-2006, 07:08 AM
amor - Love, or it can be the first-person passive form of the verb "to love." So, it could possibly be translated as "I am loved."

this is wrong because of the position of the word "amor". It cannot be a verb, it has to be translated "saint love"... the word "sanctus" agrees with the word "amor", not with the word "conventus".
the rest you wrote is right.
anyway, "amor" is also a poetic way to call someone "love" in italian. In italian, love = "amore".

TurdEye13
03-12-2006, 07:23 AM
From one of the listening sessions, the reviewer said that this song (Viginti Tres) the last track, was the best Tool song ever written. That really got my attention when I read it. Even though the tracklist had't been released yet, I made a mental note to really look at this track's title and try to picture it as one of the great Tool songs. To be honest I like the title but there are better ones on the album.

TrickyPollack
03-12-2006, 09:11 AM
I guess no one else has noticed.....or they just don't care. No one loves me :'-(

6r36
03-12-2006, 09:43 AM

the # of chromosomes in human gametic cells (sperm & eggs)

just throwin' that out there...

Systolic
03-12-2006, 09:45 AM

the # of chromosomes in human gametic cells (sperm & eggs)

just throwin' that out there...

OMGZORZ

IVE NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE...
23 = 666

666 = 46&2 = 4+2 & 6 = 6 6 + 2*3 =6!!!!

SO 46&2 + 23 = 666

Maynard is Satan!

6r36
03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
wow

Systolic
03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
wow

I ]pwnt[ u

6r36
03-12-2006, 09:51 AM
your mom

omg got u back

orange.juice
03-12-2006, 09:51 AM
holy macaroni!

zenkinet
03-12-2006, 09:56 AM
eon blue apacolypse....
that's Adam's dog's name.

InertUniformity
03-12-2006, 10:40 AM
remember that 'viginti tres' is supposedly the walk out track - so we cant really expect it to be much different from faiap de oiad or disgustipated...

Perseensilmä
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
It will be 23 minutes long, that´s it.

vinegar_tom
03-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Robert Anton Wilson, The Illuminatus! Trilogy

23 Skidoo!

Sol Invictus
03-12-2006, 12:33 PM
I love R.A. Wilson's writing.