PDA

View Full Version : an educated guess from a psychical source

eslupminoyler
03-11-2006, 08:24 AM
THe new album will have an essence of love, optimistic and positive nudges toward the light and Yahweh, and a formula for destroying malevolence whilst still maintaining id impulses and human nature.
-david

Hooker with a Third Eye
03-11-2006, 08:28 AM
ok then thanks for sharing...

Nebel
03-11-2006, 08:31 AM

Priapus
03-11-2006, 08:36 AM
*blank stare*

dracomordag
03-11-2006, 09:38 AM
double-you

tee

eff

Systolic
03-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Ouch...

I burned my ass on...

Never Mind.

eslupminoyler
03-14-2006, 08:05 PM
double-you

tee

eff

worldwide
trinity
forcast

Bogart
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
LAME

Mya
03-14-2006, 08:17 PM
THe new album will have an essence of love, optimistic and positive nudges toward the light and Yahweh, and a formula for destroying malevolence whilst still maintaining id impulses and human nature.
-david

psychical source? wanna explain?

Ryan
03-14-2006, 08:18 PM
*blank stare*

disrepair there's a big black hole gonna eat me up someday.

lol @ nin

eslupminoyler
03-14-2006, 08:24 PM
psychical source? wanna explain?

Well the idea just came to be, and I had no reason to think of such.
The source of the thought was not from within my mind or from a capability of my thought production.
So I'm not sure what it means or if it is true.

Mya
03-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Well the idea just came to be, and I had no reason to think of such.
The source of the thought was not from within my mind or from a capability of my thought production.
So I'm not sure what it means or if it is true.

.......k...

Bogart
03-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Damn...this hasn't made its way to the bin yet?

10KDaizeLOL!
03-14-2006, 08:34 PM
even i think this thread is retarded

eslupminoyler
03-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Damn...this hasn't made its way to the bin yet?
bin laden with counterproductivity

Winner
03-14-2006, 08:39 PM
disrepair there's a big black hole gonna eat me up someday.

lol @ nin

HA HA!

Deep.

Carny_Handles
03-14-2006, 10:28 PM
uhh, drugs are bad mmkay?

Cid
03-14-2006, 10:33 PM
-david

word

pris0n
03-14-2006, 10:34 PM
we will laugh, we will cry, we will love.

le_jacque
03-14-2006, 10:54 PM
HA HA!

Deep.

nice avatar, winner.

DirtyBanana
03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
-david

He is one of the "simpsons-comic-book-guy", adam was talking about

eslupminoyler
03-15-2006, 12:12 AM
He is one of the "simpsons-comic-book-guy", adam was talking about

I doubt it, but if you choose such a nomenclature to displace truth you fail to comprehend, that, in fact, could be your becoming.

weak&weary
03-15-2006, 12:14 AM
I doubt it, but if you choose such a nomenclature to displace truth you fail to comprehend, that, in fact, could be your becoming.
beat me to it

Kurt Russell
03-15-2006, 05:06 AM
Drugs.

Not sayin that's a bad thing, just.......

Drugs.

monkeyxote
03-15-2006, 05:17 AM
You silly people don't get what the dude is saying. He's saying he didn't think of it it's the nature of the thought that came to him. Thoughts are not our own. We just happen to catch them, we either act or don't act. That is the nature of improvisation in music or any other art.

He's saying the idea came to him. A agree with him and I get it.

Those who don't will could be considered "basement dwellers" or "first timers" in the life cycle. You have many mistakes yet to make in your lifetimes before you can understand the "grander scale". This is only the beginning, and we have no end.

Drugs.[/QUOTE]

Kurt Russell
03-15-2006, 05:23 AM
Drugs.

monkeyxote
03-15-2006, 05:27 AM
Silly Monkeys..... Get past your judgement. See energy, open the chakra!!

Don't be a dumb dumb.

jasonchristopher
03-15-2006, 09:55 AM
You silly people don't get what the dude is saying. He's saying he didn't think of it it's the nature of the thought that came to him. Thoughts are not our own. We just happen to catch them, we either act or don't act. That is the nature of improvisation in music or any other art.

He's saying the idea came to him. A agree with him and I get it.

Those who don't will could be considered "basement dwellers" or "first timers" in the life cycle. You have many mistakes yet to make in your lifetimes before you can understand the "grander scale". This is only the beginning, and we have no end.

HEY! watch who you call a "basement dweller" or "First Timer", I'll have you know that I'm a 3rd generation Dungeon Master and that I rule you.

Drugs.[/QUOTE]

jasonchristopher
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
oops

Sasha
03-15-2006, 12:38 PM
-david
Lateralus anyone?

Have they not said that this won't be another Lateralus, or rather a "Lateralus II" Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see that happen again and on a grander scale, because it would allow for more growth on both sides but unfortunetely I don't think it'll happen.

BatterY316
03-15-2006, 12:53 PM
I finally understand everything... and i do mean everything.

eslupminoyler
03-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Lateralus anyone?

Have they not said that this won't be another Lateralus, or rather a "Lateralus II" Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see that happen again and on a grander scale, because it would allow for more growth on both sides but unfortunetely I don't think it'll happen.

Perhaps you are right, but I doubt they could abandon many of the miraculous movements they witnessed, and then superimposed onto the background of Lateralus, as a whole piece of music. THey will evolve it more, and find the deeper answers.

I'm almost certain it will be like a Lateralus II, and exactly what you said-on a scale of grandeur. More in the face. More like an attempt to destroy a satanic influence in the public and world (this is a metaphor). Government clandestine alter-ego's and hidden agendas, pessimism, doubt, fear, apathy, suppression, and any damper than prevents unconditional love. THese will be the adversaries on the new album. They will all be destroyed in torrents, waves, and holy fire from above.

eslupminoyler
03-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Perhaps you are right, but I doubt they could abandon many of the miraculous movements they witnessed, and then superimposed onto the background of Lateralus, as a whole piece of music. THey will evolve it more, and find the deeper answers.

I'm almost certain it will be like a Lateralus II, and exactly what you said-on a scale of grandeur. More in the face. More like an attempt to destroy a satanic influence in the public and world (this is a metaphor). Government clandestine alter-ego's and hidden agendas, pessimism, doubt, fear, apathy, suppression, and any damper than prevents unconditional love. THese will be the adversaries on the new album. They will all be destroyed in torrents, waves, and holy fire from above.

the tracklisting is irrelevant

Fulcanelli
03-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmmm....

I think that the new Tool album will deal with the state of the world with a hint of optimism... just like MJK stated in his interview.

go figure.

hateAliases
03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
-david

i like that! fo' schism mah nizzle...

Sasha
03-15-2006, 06:48 PM

Well, given with their journey from Opiate to Lateralus, it would only be normal. I don't understand what many are gathering with the political aspect, it seems like a fallback for me? TOOL's educated me and opened up new horizons and showed new doors to which I can grow from, and it seems that for many of the posters here they haven't because their malicous egos get in the way of simple communication. Whatever the case, I hope for the best, I hope for what you say, for what I envision, but we'll see soon hopefully.

lachrymoIogy
03-15-2006, 09:38 PM
there's a better chance of it being about ass-fucking. period.

eslupminoyler
03-16-2006, 05:03 PM

Perhaps wishful thinking to soothe your sodomizing guilt.

...but I don't think the band knows you well enough to create music for your well-being on this matter.

a788
03-16-2006, 05:12 PM

he's probably right

Ocelot199
03-16-2006, 05:37 PM
I hate this thread.

Mya
03-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I hate this thread.

mike09
03-16-2006, 05:42 PM
-david

But...why?

eslupminoyler
03-18-2006, 07:12 PM
But...why?

Because it'd be universal, positive, and and evolution of Lateralus (think about the difference between Aenima and Lateralus, then quantify the bridge between the two). Transplant that same bridge from Aenima to Lateralus, place the same bridge with evolved and transcended attributes between Lateralus and this coming album, and you will have something similar to what I've described.
They're going to do it because they have the ability, motivation, and willingness to go against the grain and fabric of society. They choose substance and love over money; lacking greed or atleast not succumbing to it is quite admirable in this world, it is also quite superego.

BaronSamedi
03-18-2006, 07:34 PM
-david

Heh, he tried to use Freudian psychology. What a joke.

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Tool loves Jesus. Yay.

[/sarcasm]

eslupminoyler
03-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Heh, he tried to use Freudian psychology. What a joke.

id is a name that represents the most basic and primitive impulses like sex and aggression. It also applies to many branches of psychology besides freud's psychoanalysis. Jung more than Freud, because Freud used his subjective experiences to judge life and dysfunction on an objective plane. For instance, not everyone (subsconsciously) wants to kill their dad and screw their mom. Freud did, and he supposedly saw the same in his patients leading him to expressing ever male's desire.

Id impulse is a part of what makes us human and physical, because human beings are the bridge between physical and spiritual. Tool is very spiritual and yet celebrating humanity

varg
03-19-2006, 01:09 AM
-david

Yeah, but it's not gonna.

noisetherapy
03-19-2006, 01:38 AM
stop putting these god damn flaming bags of shit on my doorstep please. i keep trying to stamp them out.

eslupminoyler
03-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Tool loves Jesus. Yay.

[/sarcasm]

Jesus, will you come into my heart again?
Forgive me of my sins; for you are not man, but the Son of God.

a788
03-19-2006, 01:42 PM
stop putting these god damn flaming bags of shit on my doorstep please. i keep trying to stamp them out.

"he called the shit poop!!!!"

Perseensilmä
03-19-2006, 01:58 PM
I want to fuck my mother...

a788
03-19-2006, 02:13 PM
... thats not something i would share, is she a milf?

LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-19-2006, 02:17 PM
What is "psychical". Is it physical and psychic?
<- Lost

eslupminoyler
03-24-2006, 07:45 PM
What is "psychical". Is it physical and psychic?
<- Lost

Pyshichal is of psychic processes, which are cognitive processes on one or more levels. The word "Psychic" has been euphemistically transformed into meaning ESP abilities. A simpler definition of psychic could be, "of the mind."

I meant psychical as being of the mind, but not of mine.

I'd also say the album cover doesn't negate what I've been suggesting about the new album. Which came from a pychical source.