PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jones COMFIRMS trk lsting/album title!

lachrymoIogy
03-10-2006, 11:34 PM
I posted a comment on adams myspace, hopeing to see if he allowed it up, or not. he did NOT allow my comment up but he sent me a reply message, this is something to the degree of what i said.

"I hope this album title/ tracklisting isn't another april fools hoax, since I'm one fo the few on the t.d.n forums who ACTUALLY likes the name and list. Thanks for all the PERFECT work."

keep in mind, i didnt send him a message, it was a comment. he took the time to send me this message:

Date: Mar 10, 2006 10:46 PM Flag spam/abuse. [ ? ]
Subject: ||||.|.|||| -the name & trx are correct
Body: thanx man
i happen to like the names also
its the best record we have ever done
tell the little simpsons 'comicbook guy' wannabe's
on tdn to suck my balls
: )
A

Well, input from someone in the band. If it's not true, than atleast we know they are BLATENTLY lying to us. But, that doesn't change much, does it?

mike tyson
03-10-2006, 11:36 PM
screenshot that, mang

gl0tch
03-10-2006, 11:41 PM
well, contrary to my instincts about the title NOT being 10000 Days, with this AND that album art, its starting to look legit.

Opiate_Mass
03-10-2006, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=lachrymoIogy]I posted a comment on adams myspace, hopeing to see if he allowed it up, or not. he did NOT allow my comment up but he sent me a reply message, this is something to the degree of what i said.

you're a damn liar -.-, there's no way adam would say something to you, he's got WAAAAAAY more important things to do (new tool clips, etc), or even speak like that (he's alot more intelligent than the person you spoke to . you're just a random guy, no-one knows about (as am i). the guy you spoke to strikes me as some tosser who uses the term 'lol' way too frigging much. stop wasting our time.

Opiate_Mass
03-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't even care what the album sounds like anymore, I'm going to buy it solely on the basis that Adam called us all "Simpsons 'comicbook guy' wannabe's".
haha

Misanthrope
03-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah a reference to the Simpsons, Adam sure showed you guys.

Ryan
03-11-2006, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=lachrymoIogy]I posted a comment on adams myspace, hopeing to see if he allowed it up, or not. he did NOT allow my comment up but he sent me a reply message, this is something to the degree of what i said.

you're a damn liar -.-, there's no way adam would say something to you, he's got WAAAAAAY more important things to do (new tool clips, etc), or even speak like that (he's alot more intelligent than the person you spoke to . you're just a random guy, no-one knows about (as am i). the guy you spoke to strikes me as some tosser who uses the term 'lol' way too frigging much. stop wasting our time.

this was a pretty stupid post.

flipmojo
03-11-2006, 12:11 AM
So if this is true, it only adds to the confirmation of the album title and tracklisting, correct?

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 12:12 AM
So if this is true, it only adds to the confirmation of the album title and tracklisting, correct? precisely.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 12:21 AM
THERE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/jobjohnny2/ADAMMMMMMM.jpg)

Ryan
03-11-2006, 12:23 AM
i bet all the noobs will start messaging adam after seeing that.

STA
03-11-2006, 12:23 AM

You know, now that I look at it...Adam never actually confirms anything, does he? He just says he likes the names. Except in the subject, line of course, where he confirms the album and track names.

gl0tch
03-11-2006, 12:24 AM
with all due respect, this means nothing to me.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Don't shoot the messenger.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 12:25 AM

i think thats pretty good for confirmation?

the great collapse
03-11-2006, 12:26 AM
adam is actually pretty down to earth. i've talked to him a few times myself.

don't think he would be one to blatantly lie to a fan, try and trick a fan by carefully wording what he says, or other such tomfoolery.

gl0tch
03-11-2006, 12:26 AM

meh.

STA
03-11-2006, 12:27 AM

Yeah, you're right, my mistake. Excuse me while I edit my previous post.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
If this was Blair's myspace we were talking about, I'd be a LOT more skeptical.

STA
03-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Ok, I've never offered an opinion either way about the legitimacy of any of the album//track names that have been offered, but if this message is authentic, then I have to believe that what Blair posted on Toolband tonight is correct. I can't believe that the members of the band would stoop to lying directly to their fans. That would be taking the joke way too far, and, really, it just wouldn't be cool.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 12:32 AM
i dont think id let blair be my friend on myspace. either adam is just being straight foreward, or they're using my comment, and the fact they know im on t.d.n to push the "fake" album name further. but theres PLENTY of official information to prove otherwhise.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Ok, I've never offered an opinion either way about the legitmacy of any of the album//track names that have been offered, but if this message is authentic, then I have to believe that what Blair posted on Toolband right now is correct. I can't believe that the members of the band would stoop to lying directly to their fans. That would be taking the joke way too far, and, really, it just wouldn't be cool. exactly. maybe from maynard, but not adam, danny or justin. they're actually humble still.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 12:33 AM
I'd let Blair be my friend on myspace.

And I think the info is all real (still skeptical about the artwork).

Systolic
03-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Ummm.. Morse Code?

Opiate_Mass
03-11-2006, 12:41 AM
i dont think id let blair be my friend on myspace. either adam is just being straight foreward, or they're using my comment, and the fact they know im on t.d.n to push the "fake" album name further. but theres PLENTY of official information to prove otherwhise.

plus the supposed album artwork that's been released. (looks more like nin's work to me)

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 12:42 AM
looks more like joshua davis to me...

flipmojo
03-11-2006, 12:56 AM
I'd say this is not really that much a "Rumor" anymore, and belongs in regular discussion.

I agree.

I love how he told the doubters from TDN to "suck his balls". LOL!

gl0tch
03-11-2006, 01:04 AM
looks more like joshua davis to me...

agreed.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:09 AM
I agree.

I love how he told the doubters from TDN to "suck his balls". LOL! made my day, being able to deliver that message to the (not saying everyone, or anyone specific) douches on here. but then again, they probably would suck his balls, i told him to be careful about what he says.

SlavesAndBulldozers
03-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Back on the main page, nice.

kidgloves2
03-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Your "proof" might be photoshoped. You can have a friend send you the message and you put ADAM's user image on top.

I'll believe it when it's in my hands

chalimar
03-11-2006, 01:12 AM
||||.|.|||| -> 11 characters. The new album will have 11 tracks.

I think this means that only tracks 5 & 7 are the correct ones. Just a thought.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Your "proof" might be photoshoped. You can have a friend send you the message and you put ADAM's user image on top.

I'll believe it when it's in my hands look at both the screen shots. the browers are totally different. I uploaded the one on photobucket (the resized image) and i gave Mike Tyson my PW on myspace, and he logged in and took the screen himself. As I said, if more proof is need, to shut the noobs up, kabir, paraflux or any other mod can have my pw and check it, screen, and post it themselves in needbe.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:15 AM
||||.|.|||| -> 11 characters. The new album will have 11 tracks.

I think this means that only tracks 5 & 7 are the correct ones. Just a thought. or it's his version of a guitar neck, or it's code, or its...some crazy shit adam came up with?

KJM
03-11-2006, 01:16 AM
that kind of looks a bit photoshopped to me. and why did tyson post it? send your password this way, I'll take you up on that offer.

the great collapse
03-11-2006, 01:19 AM
that kind of looks a bit photoshopped to me. and why did tyson post it?
because lachrymoIogy didn't know how to capture a screen shot, upload it, etc.

i think the posts in which all that was discussed were deleted. but yeah, it i no way looks photoshopped (except the black stuff)

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:21 AM
thats from ms paint obviously. you can see he prayed out his favorites, and an im box at the bottom. but the ornage im box with the sn is mine (lf0xldi3). and he posted because when i uploaded it on photobucket, i couldn't log in fully to get the url for the pic. so i gave him my pw on there, he posted it. the picture wasnt sufficent, i gave him the pw to myspace, and he logged in, captured and posted it. im stealing my isp from my neighbors, i dont pay for wireless, so my bandwidth was lagging me out when i tried to log in. and the image resized automatically on photobucket thus its smallness

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:22 AM
that kind of looks a bit photoshopped to me. and why did tyson post it? send your password this way, I'll take you up on that offer. you're not a mod, with credibility (no offense). you saying "yeah, its real" does me no good, proving my honesty.

just simulacra
03-11-2006, 01:26 AM
You guys are all correct.
The band would never lie to fans.
Magazines, television hosts, radio program hosts, FANS, etc.

But never fans.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:29 AM
well, i never said , that adam was telling the truth. but i am. i'm just delivering a message, i really never expected to get.

Tyson
03-11-2006, 01:29 AM
on tdn to suck my balls

If this is true, awesome.

So true.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:34 AM
well, when a mod steps up, and is willing to sign into my myspace, and post their own screen capture i guess THEN no one will doubt that message is real? You would think two COMPLETELY different screens from, two terminals across the country (I guess, im not sure where Mike Tyson lives) would be enough. But i meen....look at where we are. I assume there are people here that will believe i photoshoped it, unless they can sign in themselves and look.

KJM
03-11-2006, 02:02 AM
you're not a mod, with credibility (no offense). you saying "yeah, its real" does me no good, proving my honesty.

I am a mod, just not on this forum. =)

Ryan
03-11-2006, 02:18 AM
if by 'comic book' guy he means people trying to work out what the fuck is going on since they did the exact same thing with album titles/track titles 5 years ago, that's pretty arrogant.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 02:22 AM
if by 'comic book' guy he means people trying to work out what the fuck is going on since they did the exact same thing with album titles/track titles 5 years ago, that's pretty arrogant. i think he meens more along the lines of the arogance from the types of people, that think they know tool better than tool. and that THEY are their biggest fans because, they're so devout,

stinkfish
03-11-2006, 02:27 AM
by "simpsons comic book guy" he means you're all fat and annoying.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 02:29 AM
perhaps you're right. i dont have that problem, though,

stinkfish
03-11-2006, 02:32 AM
you mean you don't have a problem with being fat and annoying

lol k

Ryan
03-11-2006, 02:37 AM

well in that case, it's alright then.

Happyfunball
03-11-2006, 02:37 AM

I'm not annoying.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 02:43 AM
you know what i ment. my fault for letting my guard down, and not being extremely specific.

mixgrafix
03-11-2006, 05:40 AM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20913840&MyToken=fpqImz,bcbfuvyicoc

It is on ADAM's myspace account

Rubb.
03-11-2006, 05:52 AM
I'm fat and annoying, AND I'm a mod but not on this forum.

splints
03-11-2006, 06:58 AM
i think the simpsons reference was a fallout boy dis

forty6&two
03-11-2006, 07:16 AM
everything is starting to look good for the new album, the only thing i don't like is "Rosetta Stoned"

mike09
03-11-2006, 07:34 AM
You know, after seeing "The Pot" as a track title, "Rosetta Stoned" doesn't look so bad anymore to me.

steve99_9
03-11-2006, 07:35 AM
I'd let Blair be my friend on myspace.

And I think the info is all real (still skeptical about the artwork).
since i don't want to post the excat same thing there...thats my views on everything right now...yes even the blair myspace thing

researchtriangle
03-11-2006, 07:58 AM
why does everyone think the band wouldn't 'stoop so low as to lie to the fans about the tracklist and cd name'? i don't see why that would be such a horrible thing to do for the sake of fun or protecting their interests. (i do think the tracklisting is real anyway though)

2and46
03-11-2006, 08:07 AM
why does everyone think the band wouldn't 'stoop so low as to lie to the fans about the tracklist and cd name'? i don't see why that would be such a horrible thing to do for the sake of fun or protecting their interests. (i do think the tracklisting is real anyway though)

I don't dismiss the possibility that these titles are fake, but if they aren't I like them. Very distinguished...it'll set them apart. And how can anyone make any judgments on an album they haven't heard? It will all make sense in the end. Love the titles...the stranger the better. What do we expect from a prog/art rock band?

clone
03-11-2006, 08:08 AM
on tdn to suck my balls

excelent sig.

pushin
03-11-2006, 08:17 AM
excelent sig.

You should improve on AJ's grammar and take out the apostrophe in wannabes.

Wretched
03-11-2006, 08:37 AM
I love how terrible he is at typing/spelling. Good job though on this find. Yay for Adam Jones.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 08:49 AM
because lachrymoIogy didn't know how to capture a screen shot, upload it, etc.

i think the posts in which all that was discussed were deleted. but yeah, it i no way looks photoshopped (except the black stuff)

i just spraypainted over stuff i didn't want you peoples to see

l David l
03-11-2006, 09:11 AM

a screen shot doesnt make it confirmed. you can use even ms paint to change around the text.

TurdEye13
03-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Remember a while back when Danny said that the new record would be similar to "Animals" by Pink Floyd? Well, check two of the songs from the tracklistings to both:

From"10,000 Days"

Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)

"From Animals"

Pigs On The Wing (Part One)
Pigs On The Wing (Part Two)

That is odd. Tool has never done a "(Pt 1)-(Pt 2) song" before.
Pigs on the Wing?.........Wings Pt 2?

Hmmmmmmmm!

champion
03-11-2006, 09:12 AM
It's on Adam's Myspace now. That pretty much confirms it to me. Not only will everyone see it as such, but all of his friends are on Myspace. Camella, Heather, Lustmord, etc. It's a legitimate spot. Adam is the more down-to-earth, sociable of all the band members, and I don't think he would post it on Myspace if it were a lie, as it's already on ToolArmy and Toolband.

I think the reason why Tool is releasing the track-listing this way is because impatient fans have deceived themselves over and over again, and there's no reason for them not to do it again. They don't have to do anything. They just figured the majority of fans won't believe it to be true anyway.

For anybody saying they're fake because "they aren't Toolish" should go kill themselves.

TheRuleOfThree
03-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Remember a while back when Danny said that the new record would be similar to "Animals" by Pink Floyd? Well, check two of the songs from the tracklistings to both:

From"10,000 Days"

Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)

"From Animals"

Pigs On The Wing (Part One)
Pigs On The Wing (Part Two)

That is odd. Tool has never done a "(Pt 1)-(Pt 2) song" before.
Pigs on the Wing?.........Wings Pt 2?

Hmmmmmmmm!

I don't remember him saying it was going to be like "Animals." In the interview, he just noted that his favorite Pink Floyd album was "Animals."

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 09:18 AM
a screen shot doesnt make it confirmed. you can use even ms paint to change around the text.

alright, don't believe me if you don't want to.. i didn't doctor shit

i'm trying to get solid info like the rest of you

champion
03-11-2006, 09:19 AM
What I commented on Adam's Myspace just now:

"Adam, I'm not sure if it's been hurtful to the band at how many of its fans have been downright ridiculous at judging the release of information regarding the album. They don't seem to realize that Tool's been releasing straight information from the start; people just create deceptions in their heads by relying on expectations.

I love the track-listing for the new CD. This seems like an entirely different Tool beast altogether, and as strange as the songs sound, I'm positive that my favorite band will put them into context and understanding with the accompanying music.

Just letting you know that there are plenty of fans who aren't dickheads trying to jerk themselves off and saying what's real and what isn't and what's "Toolish" and what's not. I trust your work, and I can hardly wait until May 2.

I hear there's some monster rif***e on there..."

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 09:21 AM
rif***e

lol

champion
03-11-2006, 09:24 AM
I caught that, that's amazing.

dracomordag
03-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't really doubt this tracklist much anymore

but

"the pot" is just a stupid title.

everything else is alright. (Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) and Rosetta Stoned are a little weak, but so are some other Tool titles)

champion
03-11-2006, 09:34 AM
You can't call them stupid titles unless you're aware of the words and music with the song. It's stupid because you can't put it into context yet.

steve99_9
03-11-2006, 09:35 AM
You can't call them stupid titles unless you're aware of the words and music with the song. It's stupid because you can't put it into context yet.
exactly, listen to the music and then decide if its good or not

orange.juice
03-11-2006, 09:36 AM
"the pot"... "the melting pot"? America? p o l i t i c a l ?

hahahahah, flame on. or not.

mike09
03-11-2006, 09:38 AM
no, im pretty sure "The Pot" will always be a lame title in my mind

InertUniformity
03-11-2006, 09:38 AM
i havent thought about this before but it might be relevant...

these tracktitles look a lot like melvins song titles (ie Stoner Witch / Rosetta Stoned)

Didnt Baressi produce a Melvins record?

champion
03-11-2006, 09:41 AM
These titles really seem like a return to the Aenima/Undertow days to me.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Tool comes up with track titles, not producers.

dracomordag
03-11-2006, 09:44 AM
You can't call them stupid titles unless you're aware of the words and music with the song. It's stupid because you can't put it into context yet..
no, im pretty sure "The Pot" will always be a lame title in my mind

Light Reflections
03-11-2006, 09:45 AM
The Pot.

The Pot.

That Pot.

champion
03-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Then he's a dumbass. Why even buy the album if you've already formed opinions without having heard it?

dracomordag
03-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Then he's a dumbass. Why even buy the album if you've already formed opinions without having heard it?

I think the album will kick absolute ass

as well as the song "The Pot"

doesn't change the fact that it's a bad track title.

champion
03-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't think you're understanding me.

Don't you think hearing the essence of the song and reading the lyrics will change your mind? Possibly? I'm sure whatever context you're thinking of, it's not the context Tool have for the track. It's senseless to make such judgments when you don't know the true meaning behind it.

Did you think "Ticks and Leeches" would be a good song title?

stinkfish
03-11-2006, 09:51 AM
don't even compare ticks and leeches to "THE POT"

or "10.000 days" roflz

Light Reflections
The Pot.

InertUniformity
I don't think you're understanding me.

Don't you think hearing the essence of the song and reading the lyrics will change your mind? Possibly? I'm sure whatever context you're thinking of, it's not the context Tool have for the track. It's senseless to make such judgments when you don't know the true meaning behind it.

Did you think "Ticks and Leeches" would be a good song title?

Yeah i liked ticks and leeches as a title....

hooker with a penis on the other hand....not so much

The Pot is supposed to be Tools best song ever...just let that sink in....im really having a hard time believing this shit

ATARI
03-11-2006, 09:59 AM
If it was just named "Pot" it would have a lot easier time believing it

stinkfish
03-11-2006, 10:00 AM
hooker with a penis is CLEVER. that's a title that gets good when put in context. i'm having a preeeeeetty hard time imagining how "10.000 days" and "THE pot" can be good titles even when put in context. they're too vain, and shitty titles that are vain does not belong on tool albums.

the great collapse
03-11-2006, 10:21 AM
i don't understand why people are making such a big deal, or are worried about how context will affect the song. at least judge the album when you listen to it, you know, since that's usually what people do with music.

as far as i can remember, i've never used song names and album titles to judge an album. don't really understand what they have anything to do with a band's music. i don't know half of the song names to the music i have, nor do i care to know.

adam is right about the comic books shop guy reference, some of you complain way too much.

Andorion
03-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Worst... thread... ever.

STA
03-11-2006, 10:39 AM
alright fuckface, don't believe me if you don't want to.. i didn't doctor shit

i'm trying to get solid info like the rest of you

asshole

Anyone who was on this thread when everything happened last night would know that mike tyson didn't doctor anything. Unfortunately, the mods deleted the posts towards the beginning of this thread that contained all the talking back-and-forth about how to get this Myspace image posted. The Myspace message from Adam is real, and if the track listing is a fake then Adam is a liar.

Rosette feasted
03-11-2006, 10:42 AM
I just asked Adam why the titles suck so much and this is what he answered:
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9379/adammmmmmm9wz.jpg

Rosette feasted
03-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Me?

2and46
03-11-2006, 10:45 AM
WHY ARE PEOPLE FORMING OPINIONS BASED ON SONG TITLES? This is stupid. I think Tool is going way heavy progressive, and progressive music lends itself to progressive song titles. Don't worry about it until you listen to it... Geesh.

2and46
03-11-2006, 10:47 AM
I just asked Adam why the titles suck so much and this is what he answered:
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9379/adammmmmmm9wz.jpg

You're [no]!

mike tyson
I hope "The Pot" is the best song off the new joint, just to shut you retards the fuck up.

Rosette feasted
'Hey that new Tool Song is great! what's its title??'
'It's called Rosetta Stoned'
'Oh... I think I hate that Song'

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 10:49 AM
I think I'd rather say "ah shit Rosetta Stoned is so fucking killer"

as opposed to

"holy shit hyparxisariaincision is fucking amazing"

those fake titles sound like some stupid shit that The Mars Volta would name some "movement" of their songs.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 11:01 AM
it's amazing how some people must be scheptical of EVERYTHING. that's a real message, adam sent me. not photoshoped. done.

the great collapse
03-11-2006, 11:03 AM
i love you, mike tyson.

Ocelot199
03-11-2006, 11:04 AM
"I hope this album title/ tracklisting isn't another april fools hoax, since I'm one fo the few on the t.d.n forums who ACTUALLY likes the name and list. Thanks for all the PERFECT work."

I haven't read any of this thread, but I'd like to step in to ask you how salty Adam's dick tastes.

Fap
03-11-2006, 11:12 AM
I think I'd rather say "ah shit Rosetta Stoned is so fucking killer"

as opposed to

"holy shit hyparxisariaincision is fucking amazing"

those fake titles sound like some stupid shit that The Mars Volta would name some "movement" of their songs.

I agree. I always thought Mars Volta titles, and even the non-sensical lyrics, seemed a little too forced.

kyyuulle
03-11-2006, 11:14 AM
[email protected]!

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 11:14 AM
I haven't read any of this thread, but I'd like to step in to ask you how salty Adam's dick tastes. about as bland as your personality, and definatly as salty as your mommas cunt. =)

Ocelot199
03-11-2006, 11:15 AM
about as bland as your personality, abd defubatky as salty as your mommas cunt. =)
Yes.

Edit: haha, you edited it.

Seriously though... you send them comments on their myspace trying to suck up to them? How lame are you?

the great collapse
03-11-2006, 11:19 AM
shut up, ocelot.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Yes.

Edit: haha, you edited it.

Seriously though... you send them comments on their myspace trying to suck up to them? How lame are you?

Ocelot, as cool as you have been lately, read this thread or shut the fuck up.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Ocelot, as cool as you have been lately, read this thread or shut the fuck up. .

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-11-2006, 11:21 AM
After seeing that I hope its real

metalforever
03-11-2006, 11:24 AM
perhaps the main pic on adams myspace is something from the new tool single video.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 11:27 AM
its freddy kruger, actually. but that'd be COOL AS SHIT

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
perhaps the main pic on adams myspace is something from the new tool single video.

yeah, it's only a clay (i think) sculpture of freddy

thelambslain
03-11-2006, 11:33 AM

Yeah, I can do neat things in Photoshop too.

dracomordag
03-11-2006, 11:33 AM
what you all need to realize is that

people can think titles suck without thinking the music sucks. I refuse to make any judgements on the music until I hear it. I'm not a dumbass, you know.

However, that doesn't change the fact that "the pot" is a horrible title. I'd take "ticks and leeches" and "hooker with a penis" over "the pot". They may have some brilliant metaphor behind it, and it may be one of the deepest things ever revealed through art. It may be a mind-blowing song (in fact, i'm sure it will be).

however, "the pot" is a stupid title, even still.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I can do neat things in Photoshop too.

hey fuckstain, for the 99th time, i'm looking for REAL info just like everyone.. i don't have or know how to use photoshop

claim i did it in paint? too bad you don't believe me because you suck at life

shut your fucking punk mouth

Cunt.

forty6&two
03-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Adam put an away message on myspace, try sending him a message and it says this

"You can't send a message to A D A M because A D A M has set him status to away

A D A M's away message:

and the candle burns at both ends . . ."

LYRICS? i doubt it

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 11:41 AM
sorry you're getting harassed by these idiots now, because i dunno how to use photobucket. you're a saint.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 11:42 AM
he put that away message on, because now idiot noobs are bombarding him with questions. i only posted a comment on his page, about hoping this wasnt a hoax, and how appreciative i was of everything the band has done. he sent me the message, on his own time. i guess he wanted to get shit straight. now it's just an annoyance.

mike tyson
03-11-2006, 11:46 AM
sorry you're getting harassed by these idiots now, because i dunno how to use photobucket. you're a saint.

they wouldn't believe you either

they think every tool fan has the time to just make up fake shit that's pretty stupid and doesn't really confirm all that much

i wouldn't even want to

the great collapse
03-11-2006, 11:52 AM

people can think titles suck without thinking the music sucks. I refuse to make any judgements on the music until I hear it. I'm not a dumbass, you know.

However, that doesn't change the fact that "the pot" is a horrible title. I'd take "ticks and leeches" and "hooker with a penis" over "the pot". They may have some brilliant metaphor behind it, and it may be one of the deepest things ever revealed through art. It may be a mind-blowing song (in fact, i'm sure it will be).

cry me a river? it's the name of one track, get over it.

dracomordag
03-11-2006, 11:54 AM
cry me a river? it's the name of one track, get over it.

because I'm oh so upset.

reread the post, please. try to understand my point.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 11:56 AM
without substance, yes "The Pot" isn't the greatest name. but when put into context, im sure it will be fine for the song.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-11-2006, 12:02 PM
without substance, yes "The Pot" isn't the greatest name. but when put into context, im sure it will be fine for the song.

Seconded.

It's like seeing the Patient for the first time. It's like who the hell cares about a song about someone in a hospital. But now I love The Patient. Give it time.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 12:06 PM
imagine if we were doing this for undertow right now. "disgustipated", "the swamp song", "prison sex". no one would believe that tracklisting, just because of those songs.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:04 PM

A D A M's away message:

LYRICS? i doubt it maybe. probably just an away message.

Animus X torsi
03-11-2006, 01:06 PM
or, if we take the first letter of each word, it spells atcbae, which is a code for "i cant believe you all fell for my lying email"

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:11 PM
that would be more like.... icbyaffmle, right?

Happyfunball
03-11-2006, 01:54 PM
"and the candle burns at both ends" is probably nothing more than a clever way of saying he's been up too long without any sleep. Hence, the need to finally take a break.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 01:56 PM
"and the candle burns at both ends" is probably nothing more than a clever way of saying he's been up too long without any sleep. Hence, the need to finally take a break..

splints
03-11-2006, 02:01 PM
theres away messages on myspace?

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 02:03 PM
good point, i never knew that either. but i assume there are? im too lazy to investigate.

TenSpeed
03-11-2006, 02:05 PM
good point, i never knew that either. but i assume there are? im too lazy to investigate.
Yeah, for the IM feature I never tried out.

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 02:32 PM
i still find it funny, that people think that the album's name isn't 10,000 days.

bluefire
03-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Am the only who finds it really fucken funny that...

A) adam actually reads the dumb shit posted on TDN

and

B) he actually gets offended by things we post. I mean hell if he gets all womanly about TDN, Blair must be on suicide watch every time he comes round these parts.

Rubb.
03-11-2006, 10:12 PM
what was he offended by?

Ocelot199
03-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Ocelot, as cool as you have been lately, read this thread or shut the fuck up.
Alright, I just read through this entire thread.

I still stand by the first post I made, because I thought it was funny.

Other than that, I've got two thoughts running through my head:

1. If text is any way to measure intelligence, Adam is about as smart as a goddamn brick wall.

2. He probably really did send you that message for sucking up so much, lacrymology, but that in no way validates Toolband's post on it. He doesn't specifically say which tracklisting is correct, or which one he likes. Just that he likes it and they are the real track names.

Also, why do you not believe that Adam (or any of the band) wouldn't lie to their fans about it? They do it all the fucking time (see: System Encephialdkjfh). How is lying to us through a middleman (Blair, reporters, the internet) any different from lying to one of our faces? Especially through a short little turd of a message he probably typed out with his dick.

I don't get why you're so forceful about how this is the new title and tracklisting. You act like your life depends on it, and the second anyone disagrees you say something like "this IS legit its funny u dont think so i can't wait to wipe your face in this LOL". Even I'm not promoting how I feel (that it is probably false) like that... I'm saying I think it is, giving my reasons, and then having a bitchfest about how much it sucks. But not about how legit it is (guess none of us really know that).

lachrymoIogy
03-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Alright, I just read through this entire thread.

I still stand by the first post I made, because I thought it was funny.

Other than that, I've got two thoughts running through my head:

1. If text is any way to measure intelligence, Adam is about as smart as a goddamn brick wall.

2. He probably really did send you that message for sucking up so much, lacrymology, but that in no way validates Toolband's post on it. He doesn't specifically say which tracklisting is correct, or which one he likes. Just that he likes it and they are the real track names.

Also, why do you not believe that Adam (or any of the band) wouldn't lie to their fans about it? They do it all the fucking time (see: System Encephialdkjfh). How is lying to us through a middleman (Blair, reporters, the internet) any different from lying to one of our faces? Especially through a short little turd of a message he probably typed out with his dick.

I don't get why you're so forceful about how this is the new title and tracklisting. You act like your life depends on it, and the second anyone disagrees you say something like "this IS legit its funny u dont think so i can't wait to wipe your face in this LOL". Even I'm not promoting how I feel (that it is probably false) like that... I'm saying I think it is, giving my reasons, and then having a bitchfest about how much it sucks. But not about how legit it is (guess none of us really know that). as to which list he was confirming, the one thats on his myspace profile. which is the one in question from toolband.

researchtriangle
03-11-2006, 11:08 PM
why is everyone perplexed that there could be a tool song called 'the pot'. we already have 'the grudge' and 'the patient', both of which are equally as dumb and yet are excellent songs.

lachrymoIogy
03-12-2006, 12:17 AM
why is everyone perplexed that there could be a tool song called 'the pot'. we already have 'the grudge' and 'the patient', both of which are equally as dumb and yet are excellent songs. im with you, im a believer. like "disgustipated" isn't more ridiculous than the pot. come on...

rsh
03-12-2006, 12:35 AM
disgustipated fit the album and tracklisting perfectly.

without it, it would blow.

Colonel Pants
03-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Also, why do you not believe that Adam (or any of the band) wouldn't lie to their fans about it? They do it all the fucking time (see: System Encephialdkjfh).

All the time? That was once out of 3 albums. They don't have to have a fake tracklisting every time they release a new album now just because they did it once.

Sorry if someone has said that before, but everytime I see someone say "these titles must be fake 'cause remember Systema Encephale?!!?1" I never see anyone make the point I did.

lachrymoIogy
03-12-2006, 12:57 AM
disgustipated fit the album and tracklisting perfectly.

without it, it would blow.of course it works, because tool wouldn't put something on the album that didnt fit. now, imagine looking at it BEFORE undertow and the other albums were released (the current status of the new album). Wouldn't everyone here do the same thing? the swamp song? Forty Six and Two, The Grudge, The Patient? cmon...

machinelike
03-12-2006, 07:40 AM

A D A M's away message:

LYRICS? i doubt it

burning a candle at both ends has to do with using STIMULANT DRUGS. this has probably been discussed on here already, but who cares really.

godhenry
03-13-2006, 04:59 AM

I usually don't really care. But with some people's strong dislike of a possible tracktitle "the pot" because of its seeminly irrelevance (mostly due to our perception of the word "pot" as in "the boiling pot" or something marijuana related), I'd like to offer the following. Since on the tracktitle pot is preceded by a definte article, it's not likely that it's referring to weed unless they're talking about a very specific weed. And TOOL claims to be not politcal, so we can rule out "the boiling pot." But if we stay on the same track to think of it as being referred to something SPECIFIC in a proverb or slang, one comes to mind immediately: "the pot calls the kettle blackarse." This proverb and variations of it have appeared in all different literature. It means to point out a person to be making a hypocritical statement. To spare myself writing up a coherent explanation to this proverb, I googled it. Here's a passage I've found on an article on this proverb:

"In the Dictionary of Cliches (Rogers 1985), the author gives a rather elaborate definition and implies that the pot mistakenly assumes that the kettle is more flawed:

An assertion that someone else has the very faults that can be attributed to you (the presumption being that the accuser is unaware of having such faults). The saying dates from centuries ago, when stoves ran on wood and coal. Presumably after long use, both the pot and the kettle would be black. We can almost surmise, however, that in many households the kettle, particularly if made of copper, was kept polished and hence, reflect the blackness of the pot. The pot, looking at the reflection,would see black which would appear to be on the side of the kettle; the pot could then accuse the kettle of a fault it did not have. Don Quixote, written in the early 17th century, contains a sentence that can be translated: "You are like what is said that the frying pan said to the kettle, 'Avant, black-browes'" (Rogers 202).

In Ronald Ridout and Clifford Writing's English Proverbs Explained (1967) we get the equally dark explanation:

A person tends to blame another for the faults he has himself. The soot from an open fire blackens the cooking utensils placed upon it, and the pot becomes no less blackened than the kettle. It has, therefore, no right to criticize the kettle, and neither have we the right to condemn others for behaving in the same way as we do ourselves."

Sounds like Reflection gone south....

This is probably my first and last post. Good luck and see you around when TOOL comes to tour!

H.

champion
03-13-2006, 06:40 AM
of course it works, because tool wouldn't put something on the album that didnt fit. now, imagine looking at it BEFORE undertow and the other albums were released (the current status of the new album). Wouldn't everyone here do the same thing? the swamp song? Forty Six and Two, The Grudge, The Patient? cmon...

Honestly, why is The Pot bad and The Patient good?

Dredg
03-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I posted a comment on adams myspace, hopeing to see if he allowed it up, or not. he did NOT allow my comment up but he sent me a reply message, this is something to the degree of what i said.

keep in mind, i didnt send him a message, it was a comment. he took the time to send me this message:

Date: Mar 10, 2006 10:46 PM Flag spam/abuse. [ ? ]
Body: thanx man
i happen to like the names also
its the best record we have ever done
on tdn to suck my balls
: )
A

Well, input from someone in the band. If it's not true, than atleast we know they are BLATENTLY lying to us. But, that doesn't change much, does it?

HAHAHAHAH yes, little simpsons comicbook guy wannabe's.....I couldnt articulate the comment, but adam did a good job of it.

dracomordag
03-13-2006, 03:34 PM
why is everyone perplexed that there could be a tool song called 'the pot'. we already have 'the grudge' and 'the patient', both of which are equally as dumb and yet are excellent songs.

the problem is that "the grudge" and "the patient" make sense.

think about it. grudges are pretty typical events, and patient can either mean "waiting" like it does in the song, or someone undergoing a healing process. all of these metaphors make perfect sense for a song.

marijuana and food do not.

Mr.Rubberburner
03-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, if Andy King's review is accurate with the tits, then that's our single bro

dracomordag
03-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, if Andy King's review is accurate with the tits, then that's our single bro

keke

you said tits