PDA

View Full Version : Are the song titles real?

thejesus
03-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Do you think these titles are real?

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

oiad
03-10-2006, 11:05 PM
no. kill yourself.

MasterOfKtulu109
03-10-2006, 11:05 PM
i doubt it. i wouldnt care either way, but i just dont trust tool to release this stuff legitimately this early.

Ocelot199
03-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Probably not.

I like Wings for Marie and Right In Two. Rest of them are just kinda stupid.

thejesus
03-10-2006, 11:06 PM
no. kill yourself.

Kill myself? Why?

CyberSlave
03-10-2006, 11:07 PM
April 2 he tells us it was an early April Fools joke.

thejesus
i doubt it. i wouldnt care either way, but i just dont trust tool to release this stuff legitimately this early.

I agree...the timing is more suspicious than anything...way too early for them to just give out the titles if they weren't even giving them to the press as recently as a few days ago

lachrymoIogy
i wouldn't select either of those, because A.) of course Blair lies, and B.) Yeah they could be the names. And this thread is pretty useless. BIN

thejesus
03-10-2006, 11:08 PM
April 2 he tells us it was an early April Fools joke.

I anticipate the April Fools joke being a bit more clever than that

thejesus
03-10-2006, 11:09 PM
i wouldn't select either of those, because A.) of course Blair lies, and B.) Yeah they could be the names. And this thread is pretty useless. BIN

So is your input...f*ck off

Ocelot199
I anticipate them releasing the actual tracklisting on April 1st, just to cause more confusion.

That'd rule.

Systolic
Umm

The Pot.

Nothing more...

Just

The Pot.

Nice job, Tool.

SlavesAndBulldozers
03-10-2006, 11:11 PM
I think it is real. I really dont understand why the titles of the tracks are really that crucial, i do not think it reflects on the creativity of the music and that is all that really matters.

Wretched
03-10-2006, 11:11 PM
No, and neither was Jesus.

Ocelot199
03-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Wait wait, even better.

April first comes along, and they 'confirm' the release date and give out the album art. Then on April 2nd they're all like "LOL JUST KIDDING NO NEW ALBUM MAYNARD GOT HIT BY A BUS FOUR YEARS AGO AND DIED"

Then theres a sound clip posted from Spaceballs where Dark Helmet is all "Foooooled you" to princess vespa (when he was pretending to be her father) that repeats nonstop even after you close the browser window, forcing you to format your hard drive.

STA
03-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Umm

The Pot.

Nothing more...

Just

The Pot.

Nice job, Tool.

I laughed at that.

lachrymoIogy
03-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Do you think these titles are real?

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres right. like starting a useless poll contributes more than what I said. walk your ass across the lake to pwnsville son, and realize you're just as useless as everyone else.

lachrymoIogy
03-10-2006, 11:21 PM
why can jesus walk on water? because shit floats.

orange.juice
03-11-2006, 04:01 AM
teh lol.

whoa, look what happens when you push yourself to not hang around the internets for one fucking day.

I say itīs the real deal, though probably itīs not.

thejesus
03-11-2006, 07:25 AM

Very Insightful indeed. Did you say that because my name is thejesus and you think I'm a Christian? If not, please explain the relevance?

mike09
03-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Wait wait, even better.

April first comes along, and they 'confirm' the release date and give out the album art. Then on April 2nd they're all like "LOL JUST KIDDING NO NEW ALBUM MAYNARD GOT HIT BY A BUS FOUR YEARS AGO AND DIED"

Then theres a sound clip posted from Spaceballs where Dark Helmet is all "Foooooled you" to princess vespa (when he was pretending to be her father) that repeats nonstop even after you close the browser window, forcing you to format your hard drive.

LOL

2and46
03-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Since everyone is assuming the titles are fake, or some kind of april fools joke, I think they knew we'd react this way so...I think the titles are legit, and the fools joke is STILL on us.

embracingyou
03-11-2006, 07:35 AM
In an ideal world...they're fucking with us. However, that's just my opinion. All I'm saying is the music has to be amazing to make up for the dodgy album and track titles/listings.

mike09
03-11-2006, 07:42 AM
I believe these are very fake.

steve99_9
03-11-2006, 07:44 AM
that made my day to be honest

thejesus
03-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Since everyone is assuming the titles are fake, or some kind of april fools joke, I think they knew we'd react this way so...I think the titles are legit, and the fools joke is STILL on us.

If that is the case, it would have been funnier for them to wait another couple of weeks and release them on April 1...

thejesus
03-11-2006, 07:45 AM
In an ideal world...they're fucking with us. However, that's just my opinion. All I'm saying is the music has to be amazing to make up for the dodgy album and track titles/listings.

What if the titles sounded cool to you but the music sucked? Would that balance out as well?

2and46
03-11-2006, 07:45 AM
If that is the case, it would have been funnier for them to wait another couple of weeks and release them on April 1...

That's probably why these listings have nothing to do with april fools. I think we've jumped the gun trying not to be fooled.

embracingyou
03-11-2006, 07:47 AM
What if the titles sounded cool to you but the music sucked? Would that balance out as well?

Nah, wouldn't at all. Just saying, if the titles had a certain air to them along with the music. It's a bonus. But I can live with the titles.

thejesus
03-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Nah, wouldn't at all. Just saying, if the titles had a certain air to them along with the music. It's a bonus. But I can live with the titles.

I'm just being a smart ass...

But really, I don't see how anyone can make a judgement on how much they like or dislike the album titles without yet knowing the underlying ideas behind the songs...the titles might seem more appropriate once you listen to them

2and46
03-11-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm just being a smart ass...

But really, I don't see how anyone can make a judgement on how much they like or dislike the album titles without yet knowing the underlying ideas behind the songs...the titles might seem more appropriate once you listen to them

You are absolutely right. How can anyone make any judgement based on titles to songs you haven't heard?

I think the titles are cool, and this album is promising to be a very interesting offering for Tool fans. These titles make me think this album could be conceptual, meaning all of the songs are tied to together for an over-riding message. I can't wait!

TenSpeed
03-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Wait wait, even better.

Lmao
Best. Idea. EVER.

toology514
03-11-2006, 08:36 AM
nvm.

TurdEye13
03-11-2006, 09:02 AM
They sound VERY fake and stupid at that.

Crucify the Ego
03-14-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm with theJesus and 2and46. I suspect this is not another Tool hoax because it's just not funny, not clever, and completely expected. Plus it's been done, they did it with Lateralus. April Fools we're either getting something completely original or nothing at all.

Bogart
03-14-2006, 11:16 AM
I dont care anymore.

Vaginal Replicator
03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Honest to god you people are rediculous, comparing the titles to albums like "Aenima" and "Opiate", the differences are NONE. We have a few not so down to earth names (Vicarious, Intension, Right in Two, Viginti Tres) and a few that certainly are, "Rosetta Stoned", "The Pot." Either way, stop being bitches just because this isn't Lateralus II. And more importantly, stop complaining about the title of a song that you all probably smoke anyway. Christ.

Perseensilmä
03-14-2006, 01:37 PM

My shit doesnīt float. Iīd think itīs pretty frustrating to flush floating shit.

FangsFirst
03-14-2006, 02:37 PM
My shit doesnīt float. Iīd think itīs pretty frustrating to flush floating shit.
You aren't eating enough fiber.

...You think I'm kiddin'?

chonus
03-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Sure they're real. We aren't imagining them.

Or are we...

timifendrix
03-14-2006, 04:29 PM

I think it's fun, it's like killing a million tiny bacteria on a cruise ship....not that they'l die or anything, but it's like that.

APT
03-14-2006, 04:57 PM
How sweet would it be if they announced a REAL tracklist and the names actually sounded like the songs were going to kick ass?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-14-2006, 08:05 PM
How sweet would it be if they announced a REAL tracklist and the names actually sounded like the songs were going to kick ass?

Lies. and slander.

KJM
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
I could care less about april fools anymore. If I were them I'd be bored with it.

TurdEye13
03-14-2006, 08:08 PM
I could care less about april fools anymore. If I were them I'd be bored with it.

there might not even be a joke this year.

(oops, shoudn't have said that, now that I wrote that, there will probably be one)

tDoXoMl
03-15-2006, 01:05 AM
after sitting on these titles for a week or so, the names just dont sound good. thats too bad. at first they seemed to have a familiar "toolish" ring to them but, now thats somehow not true. i think the real titles will rock almost as hard as their new "sound".

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 01:08 AM
I bet they'll tell everyone they're not going to tour the United States a little before April Fools, and then on April 2nd they'll be like; "seriously, fuck you."

Jonne
03-15-2006, 05:07 AM
VARIOUS - A Tribute To Tool
has the song 4 degrees and its sang by Rosetta stone
then just copy/paste "n" behind the stone.

Rubb.
03-15-2006, 05:10 AM
you mean d?

Jonne
03-15-2006, 05:16 AM
thanks toadsie

orange.juice
03-15-2006, 05:18 AM
i'm bored. something better happen now.

Perseensilmä
03-15-2006, 05:31 AM
or styrofoam

ktrip
03-15-2006, 06:01 AM
album titles do seem rather strange...
i heard LK was the last song [from a friend who was at the sydney listening]... he also said it was called lost keys...

10,000 days, right in two, viginti tres [23]... lots of numbers...

and the double weed reference??

somethin smells funky in the tool camp...

this has probably all been said before... but hey, what hasnt, right?

idontmind462
03-15-2006, 07:36 AM
It's like everyone who thinks the album title/tracklist is bullshit is a Democrat, and everyone who believes what their masterful leader has spoonfed them is... you get the idea, an elephant.

Fulcan
03-15-2006, 08:16 AM

...You think I'm kiddin'?

I lol'd :D

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-15-2006, 11:24 AM
It's like everyone who thinks the album title/tracklist is bullshit is a Democrat, and everyone who believes what their masterful leader has spoonfed them is... you get the idea, an elephant.

Well I can tell you that is not how I feel. You got it backwards for me.

TurdEye13
03-15-2006, 11:33 AM
WAIT FOR THE MUSIC!!!!!

InertUniformity
03-15-2006, 12:11 PM
nobody listens to that plea...its not worth wasting your breath.

i have a feeling that TDN would have substantially less members if it were that simple

jhnygsh
03-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Wait wait, even better.

just me, or did this get said verbetim a week or so ago?

KJM
03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
If I were them, I'd release a fake tracklisting on April 1st. Claiming the previous 10,000 listing to be fake. The track listing would include songs people would consider more "toolish" and would be completely fake, throwing off 10,000 days being the real name, when it actually is.

KZSteele
03-16-2006, 04:33 PM

it really depends on what you ate, tho. if you want to dunk jesus, eat bean dip.

btw... tool's just being their old selves again. have any of you looked at the promo pics? LLOLLL!! what a load. and.. lol.. lost keys. something about poopy the clown seems to be circling around my head... eh..

you know what i think? i think they might actually release this album.. track names and all... by mid-april for $12.. and named 10,000 days.. and it will have a whole shitload of stupid, dumbass songs about siamese twin turd puppies with maynard farting through a kazoo with the whole band laughing at it in the background over adam strumming it up on a ukulele while danny carries the beat by slapping his lap with his palms and justin doing bass with a string tied to a stick and an upside-down tin wash basin. then they'll laugh their asses off a month later with the release of the real album which will be tradeable for the fake album... and they'll say, "we didn't say anything about releasing anything in april. that was a freebie. we released the real album in may like we said we would. so sue us for lying about the album name." and kabir will follow along with it and play it off cuz he needs his april fool's joke this year ;).

KJM
03-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I find people claiming an actual recording of a fake album to be moronic. Yup.

millermt
03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
I believe these are the real titles that they used while refining the songs.

KZSteele
03-16-2006, 06:29 PM
i bet they cover the cd in some facadical wrapper with the fake album name and tracks printed on it.. so when you tear it off you actually see the real album name and song titles

KJM
03-16-2006, 09:52 PM
LOL I BET THEY DON'T