PDA

View Full Version : New April Fool's?

Jurden
03-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Last year it was maynard goin to christ and it went on for weeks...
And it went on to Mtv.com too
Maybe this year is so big that ol kabir organized it with blair...

plus i read once that the album did not have a title yet and that the band was goin to discuss it as soon as it reassembled after the euro promo tour...

can it be?

Foamy
03-10-2006, 07:23 AM

plus i read once that the album did not have a title yet and that the band was goin to discuss it as soon as it reassembled after the euro promo tour...

can it be?
Oh man...I just cant be bothered with these posts anymore.

insaner
03-10-2006, 07:27 AM
is it just me, or do most april fools jokes originate on april 1st?

UtUmNo1
03-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Is it just me or do most fuckwits post in these sort of threads before I do?

Perseensilmä
03-10-2006, 07:47 AM
The joke of the last April foolīs day was that people think itīs a joke. 10,000 days= Jesusīs silent years=blah blah=Maynard thinks he is the second coming of Jesus. Oh boy you guys are going to be surprised when they will reveal that IT WASN`T A JOKE!!!!

Wretched
03-10-2006, 07:51 AM
I hope they don't have an April Fools joke. Just to fuck with those who "expect" Tool to do it.

Lateral Undertow
03-10-2006, 08:10 AM
I hope they don't have an April Fools joke. Just to fuck with those who "expect" Tool to do it.
I agree. I think they should end it with last years. It was so classic and hilarious that I think it would be the perfect ending to the anual April Fools.

pork chops
03-10-2006, 08:11 AM

i agree. plus anyone who expects Tool to do anything is just setting themselves up for disappointment. just look at the chaos something as simple as an album title can cause

mike tyson
03-10-2006, 08:13 AM

can it be?

No, it's honestly im-fucking-possible. Seriously.

UtUmNo1
03-10-2006, 08:22 AM
it's just you

I seriously doubt it.

Bogart
03-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Who cares about a Tool April Fools joke? Get a fuckin life chief

DirtyBanana
03-10-2006, 10:44 AM

most scary avatar ever.

zenkinet
03-10-2006, 10:45 AM
most scary avatar ever.
agreed

fortysix_and_tool
03-10-2006, 11:01 AM
We're all gonna buy the new album (cool art work) and in it will be a blank cd (nothing recorded) and a voucher for any MESHUGGAH cd. : (

kidgloves2
03-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I bet they give the real album title on April Fool's day. Everyone will think it's just a joke, but it will be the truth.

Sounds like T00L to me.

Cid
03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I agree. I think they should end it with last years. It was so classic and hilarious that I think it would be the perfect ending to the anual April Fools.

it would've been hilarious if anyone with even the slightest ability to think believed it. only mtv and people that watch that crap actually believed it.

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-10-2006, 11:31 AM
The joke of the last April foolīs day was that people think itīs a joke. 10,000 days= Jesusīs silent years=blah blah=Maynard thinks he is the second coming of Jesus. Oh boy you guys are going to be surprised when they will reveal that IT WASN`T A JOKE!!!!

Oh man, that would throw us all for a loop!

Lateral Undertow
03-10-2006, 11:52 AM
it would've been hilarious if anyone with even the slightest ability to think believed it. only mtv and people that watch that crap actually believed it.
That is exactly why I found it hilarious.

TurdEye13
03-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Is it just me or do most fuckwits post in these sort of threads before I do?

its not just you UtUmNo1

mike09
03-10-2006, 12:15 PM
the album is called 10,000 Days. If anyone makes another thread about this, fuck off and die.

Bogart
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
^Theres along time before now and May.

Opiate_Mass
03-10-2006, 12:34 PM
you get a life. you started half a week after me and you already have 400 posts.
yet HE needs to get a life?

Dredg
03-10-2006, 12:48 PM

can it be?

can you be a fucking moron? its not April 1st for a whole month.

ATARI
03-10-2006, 01:12 PM
most scary avatar ever.

defianatley.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
^Theres along time before now and May.

only 53 days til May 2. When they did the Systema blah blah shit that was not in March with less than two months until the CD release.

Cid
03-10-2006, 02:28 PM
That is exactly why I found it hilarious.

fair enough. that part of it was funny. the joke itself wasn't funny, but how it fucked with people definitely was.

TurdEye13
03-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I bet you anything the March newsletter will have more details about the new album. It may even have some explantion for the whole "10,000 Days" title we have been given.

dracomordag
03-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I bet you anything the March newsletter will have more details about the new album. It may even have some explantion for the whole "10,000 Days" title we have been given.

truth

Skinshifter01
03-10-2006, 03:42 PM
First off, they never said they were going to discuss the title after the promo tour, in fact, I'm pretty sure there were going to toss a coin on it as soon as they got it to New England. Second, the title of the album really isn't important. We're putting too much importance in the titles of things--they're titles aren't that great at all. I don't like the titles for any of the albums, personally (minus Undertow). Lateralus a muscle? AEnema a word that's supposed to be like Enema? (though I'm prettus sure AEnema is a derivitive of some latin word, don't quote me on that) Opiate, bringing on a string of attacks by people liking it to opium because they're too stupid to realise that opiate is its own word.

I don't care what you all do, but here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to listen to Lateralus on and off for the next fifty-whatever days. Then, as soon as 10,000 Days comes out, I'm going to buy it, I'm going to be somewhat disappointed by one-word title tracks that don't really have anything to do with the song (i.e. parabola, H.) and a little impressed, later, by tracks with totally irrelevant names that turn out to be perfectly relevant (i.e. Jimmy, 46&2). And I'm going to be pleased, and I'm going to squeem, and I'm going to attempt to get the album art on my computer so I can make some kind of avatar for my LJ with it. And I'm going to pushit on all my friends and become just as annoying as these threads are getting. And then, after about six months, I'm going to settle into the monotony of knowing that TOOL is still in Europe and I'm still unable to get tickets to see them--AND MY DAILY LIFE GOES ON.

So what do I figure you should do? Whatever the hell you want, because if I make a suggestion, you're just going to find a way to ridicule me.

amhx147
03-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Do you think anyone will fall for this year's AF Joke? I dont really think I would take notice to anything put out on the sites.. I wonder if they could even get away with anything... seeing how everyone seems to be gawking infront of their monitors with the refresh button on their web browsers, waiting for info on the new album...

Perseensilmä
03-21-2006, 04:58 PM
You must be talking about their new exte... I mean long play?

JakeMness
03-21-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm kinda thinkin on April 1st there gonna say all that other shit was fake and we will get a new title and tracks and album cover, but they won't be joking. Reverse psychology perhaps??

amhx147
03-21-2006, 05:04 PM
yeah, i just read about what chris posted... what does that mean?

Ertai
03-21-2006, 05:05 PM
they know we wouldnt believe anything around the time of April 1st... due to the fact that they have done it every year now..

with that being said it reinforces the idea that they have started this hoax months in advance to be sure to fool everyone...

Hodge
03-21-2006, 05:07 PM
it's too predictable to post real news on april 1st now...i'm sure they'll wait an extra day or two

Indrid Cold
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
it's too predictable to post real news on april 1st now...i'm sure they'll wait an extra day or two

Yea wasnt it like around the 5th of April when Maynard said he found Jesus?

amhx147
03-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Yea wasnt it like around the 5th of April when Maynard said he found Jesus?

yeah, they announced it a day later/or a day before.. i forgot which one. Do you really think that if they did an april fools joke it would have anything to do with the new album?

ATARI
03-21-2006, 05:23 PM
yeah, they announced it a day later/or a day before.. i forgot which one. Do you really think that if they did an april fools joke it would have anything to do with the new album?

before

JakeMness
03-21-2006, 05:29 PM
I think the album (as of now) is a fake. There's got to be a reason we can't find any information on it. just wait April 1st, the truth will be revealed

Anomaly
03-21-2006, 05:31 PM
how bout on april fools day they say nah it wasnt 10000 days its THIS (insert other equally cryptic tracklist and title) ... then the next day april 2 they say psyche.. that was an april fools joke

JakeMness
03-21-2006, 05:33 PM
They would know we wouldnt beleive them. Exactly why they will tell the truth on the 1st.

Indrid Cold
03-21-2006, 05:34 PM
how bout on april fools day they say nah it wasnt 10000 days its THIS (insert other equally cryptic tracklist and title) ... then the next day april 2 they say psyche.. that was an april fools joke

I'd probably go insane.

solidabyss
03-21-2006, 05:37 PM
what was the april fools joke the year lateralus was released?

moneyisevil
03-21-2006, 05:39 PM
i think everyone should stay the fuck away from toolband/ta mar 31st - april 5th

amhx147
03-21-2006, 05:41 PM
what was the april fools joke the year lateralus was released?

that they were gonna release a live EP the following day:

The Original Posting

[04/01/02] - New live EP!

Well, they've done it again. At the band's request, no rumors about this have been posted here until now, but it is now confirmed through the label: a new live EP is being released tomorrow alongside all the other (less interesting) new releases of the week! Here's a snip from the press release (it's late and I can't retype this fax up, I've been flying all day) ...

"Tool are proud to present 'Gammon' -- an EP (though it is 69 minutes long) of never-before-available material this week! Seven tracks from the fall 2001 tour have been lovingly produced by longtime Tool (and King Crimson) collaborator David Bottrill, and are scheduled to rip through listener's ears tomorrow! The band states 'we didn't want word of this getting out early because of all the bootlegging that goes on online ... we didn't even tell our mothers about it. When we released 'Salival' [their last live EP], people were spreading rumors about it for months!' But this time, as evidenced by the lack of information available in the press and on websites, it appears Tool have succeeded once again in maintaining their control over their material! The beautifully-packaged EP will be on sale tomorrow, but as a special promotion, all Tower Records, HMV, and Virgin Music stores in the US and Europe will be selling the $14.99 'Gammon' for $3.99 for one hour only beginning 11:59 PM, Monday night April 1st!"

Like the release of "Lateralus" wasn't secretive enough. Hope you can all make it to the store tonight to pick up "Gammon"; the one track I was lucky enough to hear (I can't say which, but you already know which one it is) sounds more amazing than I had imagined. It is so like Tool to go and do something like this right as soon as a new month starts, isn't it? §

amhx147
03-21-2006, 05:44 PM
As it was in previous years, this prank also was dreamt up late in the day -- only after I landed back in Los Angeles (yes I was really flying all day). It was convenient to stage a midnight sale, since the 1st was a Monday and new releases in the USA come out on Tuesdays. The deal was sealed with the title, "Gammon", which most of you figured out means "to mislead deceptively." And just in case you weren't up on your vocabulary, the last sentence up there seemed like a dead giveaway.

Even-numbered years have yielded the less effective pranks here at toolshed (you all remember a Bus Crash and "Floorpail" and Danny Leaves Tool, all of which were odd-numbered years -- even I don't remember the other ones without looking), so I wasn't counting on it being too big a winner.

Sure enough, as the first emails came in, nobody was taken in, everyone could see through the story plain as day. In deference to the aftermath of the 1997 Bus Crash, I purposely made sure to give the game away as obviously as possible while still causing a little madness.

So consider this your warning - future April gags may not be tipped off as easily as this one.

But as the 1st wore on, more and more people fell for it, having a moment of adrenalized excitement before suddenly putting it all together. To me, that's the goal: you fall for it, you realize, you laugh. But there are always a few people who go above and beyond...

solidabyss
03-21-2006, 05:45 PM
thats mean

HolyReality
03-21-2006, 05:54 PM
as someone already said, I think the TRUTH will come on april 1st.

Eon Black Apocalypse
03-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Hmm.... maybe Tool knows that we're expecting something on April Fool's day, so they won't release any more information whatsoever until the release of the album. There's your joke (insert laugh).

JakeMness
03-21-2006, 06:05 PM
HolyReality knows whats going on

bbunt302
03-21-2006, 06:24 PM
I think the best April Fool's trick they could pull this time would be to do absolutely nothing at all. No posts on Tool Band, Tool Army, or even here on TDN.

People on here would go absolutely fucking nuts waiting for something to be posted.

5th Eye
03-21-2006, 06:27 PM
I bet on April 1st that they will CONFIRM everything we've heard so far, making it the longest April Fools joke ever. That'd be cool.

03/21/06 12:00 AM
- It's time to call "April Fools." -EyeChakra

ARMZ
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Like many have said before me, the April fools gag will be a new title and track list and many will think it is the REAL deal as oppose to some thinking it's an April fools joke and the current title and track list is real.

But, it might ALL turn out to be bullshit thus causing mass confusion about which is real when neither are real.

amhx147
03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
thats kinda obvious of them tho...

edit- i mean before any of the april fool's, would anyone here say honestly that they could have predicted any of them? (the bus crash, danny leaving, the live album, maynard finding jesus...)?

ClerickMantra
03-21-2006, 07:35 PM
after reading some posts of people who don't like what they have seen.... I got only one thing to say...

Who cares about album art and tracklists, its the music that matters, not the pictures and words that come on the case.

amhx147
03-21-2006, 07:46 PM
i disagree... the album art... the presentation of it all is important. im not gonna go on a diatribe about the symbolism and such... for example though, with the NIN album "With Teeth," when I first opened it, I was disappointed (as were ALOT of other people) that there were no linear notes, no significant artwork... etc.. until Trent put up some link on his webpage for an "online" album booklet. the point though, that the music itself would hold a very different meaning (to myself at least) had opiate, undertow, aenema, salival, and lateralus been without album art/linear notes etc..

godhenry
03-21-2006, 08:00 PM
thats kinda obvious of them tho...

edit- i mean before any of the april fool's, would anyone here say honestly that they could have predicted any of them? (the bus crash, danny leaving, the live album, maynard finding jesus...)?

Maynard died in a car crash.

It was a long time ago though. Pre-aenima. Pre-Windows 95 even...

amhx147
03-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Maynard died in a car crash.

It was a long time ago though. Pre-aenima. Pre-Windows 95 even...

good call.

exojjl
03-21-2006, 08:04 PM
they know we wouldnt believe anything around the time of April 1st... due to the fact that they have done it every year now..

with that being said it reinforces the idea that they have started this hoax months in advance to be sure to fool everyone...
yeah, what says they cant do a prank a week and a half before april fools and then on the day announce the prank!!!

5th Eye
03-22-2006, 04:17 AM
That's kinda what I said.

Happyfunball
03-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Is what's being discussed right now not also an "obvious" joke to so many people though? I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing mind you. I'm just saying it's a lousy arguement to assume they won't do something just because people might be expecting it ESPECIALLY in regards to the new album. I mean, at this point there's absolutely nothing they could do that wouldn't be "obvious" to a good many people from all angles. Titles fake? Not surprising. Titles real? Not surprising. "Reverse" April Fool's joke? Not surprising. No joke at all? STILL not surprising. An April Fool's joke that has nothing whatsoever to do with the new music? That one I'm not hearing a whole lot of buyer's for, but even so, wouldn't be all that surprising (to me at least).

Nothing they do from an angle perspective will create much of a stir other than some strong finger-pointing by the people on the winning side. In fact, the only way to be surprised by the upcoming joke would be in regards to the joke itself.

pneuma i
03-22-2006, 07:18 PM
OK, so today. while listening to the infamous buzz, (yes the one you all listened to forever that one day) they played Lateralus, and then the DJ said something about the new album that will be out "April 1st?" and then he inquired with someone else in the studio, and confirmed April 1st.

Now this is bad. or possibly good.

could this mean that one april 1st, that the entire may 2nd date is a backwards april fools joke and the album comes out a month ahead of schedule catching everyone off guard.

i didnt know what to think of it. but i DO believe that april 1st is going to either kick ass or SUCK.

heres to hoping.

btw. you can put this in rumors if you want.

mike tyson
03-22-2006, 07:19 PM
cds are released on tuesdays in the US

not saturdays

Pickles The Clown
03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
April 1st is on a Saturday. Albums are released on Tuesdays in North America.

So no.

Fack, You're a quick one Monsieur Tyson.

pneuma i
03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
ya duh. i dunno what i was thinking. i just think something BIG is going down this april fools.

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 07:22 PM
i dunno what i was thinking.

You weren't. You were listening to what a radio DJ was telling you.

pneuma i
03-22-2006, 07:24 PM
ya this is kind of a dumb post. sorry. someone should bin it.

Mya
03-22-2006, 07:25 PM
ya duh. i dunno what i was thinking. i just think something BIG is going down this april fools.

maybe they'll announce that Tool are splitting up....

*thinks of the chaos that will overcome TDN*

*evil smile*

Mya
03-22-2006, 07:26 PM

mods?

flipmojo
03-22-2006, 07:29 PM

Not dumb. Sometimes I get excited and find myself listening to people I shouldn't.

bonus.cheese
03-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Maybe the radio station realises the empending April Fools day.

Hodge
03-22-2006, 07:47 PM
maybe we'll get the new website soon..

tcM_Emperor
03-22-2006, 08:01 PM
What they meant is, 10,000 days is coming out on april 1st as being a huge joke, and then the real info will be released, and all of you idiots will get down and lick my sack.

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-22-2006, 08:08 PM
hmm maybe the single will be released on april 1st two weeks ahead...who know, i hope they release new info ( new album name, new tracklisting, ect..) and say ok ok folks heres the new info blah blah , and everyone will be like "told ya so" and TDN well get overwelmed, and then when may 2nd comes around, tool will say sorry guys it s calle 10,000 days ....tuff shit

LoKi
03-22-2006, 08:15 PM
i'll probably have a wank...

SAGET
03-22-2006, 08:55 PM
who know, i hope they release new info ( new album name, new tracklisting, ect..) and say ok ok folks heres the new info blah blah , and everyone will be like "told ya so" and TDN well get overwelmed, and then when may 2nd comes around, tool will say sorry guys it s calle 10,000 days ....tuff shit

Dude. That's probably the millionth time someone has said that. It's not funny.

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Dude. That's probably the millionth time someone has said that. It's not funny.
well that doesnt seem to stop the 2million other people from repeating the same shit

Goldfoot
03-22-2006, 09:39 PM
CDs are GENERALLY released on Tuesdays, but they don't have to be. April 1st won't be the release though.

Hoffman27
03-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Why does everyone think they're gonna do another April Fools thing? Come on, they're not that predictable. Why would they do that 2 years in a row? If they do anything on April Fools it'll be by releasing something factual just for everyone to shoot down (like people did when the name 10,000 Days and cover for it were released, both of which I think you guys shouldn't be dissapointed at......this'll be the best Tool record)

ViVisekt6
03-27-2006, 05:40 PM
why does everyone believe they can foreshadow future events?

there is only ONE Miss Cleo.
http://www.reallycoolsite.org/images/moviestv/mscleo/tectv5661.jpg

dracomordag
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
because there's never been an april fools before last years

Choice Breath
03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
I think Tool will accomplish the April Fools joke this year by having the people who run the atomic clocks fast forward a day at midnight on March 31 thereby eliminating April 1 this year (which would obviate an April Fools joke this year). Then everyone will think it is April first, but it won't be. The joke will be on us and Tool will have prevailed again while we wait around for an April Fools joke.

tcM_Emperor
03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Why does everyone think they're gonna do another April Fools thing? Come on, they're not that predictable. Why would they do that 2 years in a row? If they do anything on April Fools it'll be by releasing something factual just for everyone to shoot down (like people did when the name 10,000 Days and cover for it were released, both of which I think you guys shouldn't be dissapointed at......this'll be the best Tool record)

On April 1st im also going to dedicate a topic to owning you.

*Adds to the list of idiots*

Crucify the Ego
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
They have done April Fools jokes for longer than two years.... But I agree they're not that predictable. They're not going to do what alot of idiots are expecting them to do. Once April Fools comes were gonna get a traditional April Fools joke and nothing much more. And how come it's April Fools year round on this site?

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
i have said it before, there is not gonna be one.........the ultimate April fools day prank is not having one when everyone is gonna expect it

Holydirt
03-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Why does everyone think they're gonna do another April Fools thing? Come on, they're not that predictable. Well, obviously it wouldn't be that predictable if some people think they will pull a prank and some people don't. You arguement is damn convincing.

StoneyB
03-27-2006, 07:18 PM
I definitely wouldn't put it past them to do another joke.

Holydirt
03-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Everyone knows Maynard IS Jesus.

Jess
03-28-2006, 12:13 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/georang/aprilfoolsz.jpg

insaner
03-28-2006, 03:29 PM
i have no clue what kind of april fools joke, if any, that toolshed will deliver, but i tell you this- you folks are definately ripe for a good one should they decide to do it.

Hodge
03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
thanks dawg

StoneyB
03-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree. They are going to do something. It's going to be awesome I'm sure. At the same time though, this close to their album being released, it may be a bad idea for them to do anything too steep. So I wouldn't think they are going to claim they broke up, or that the album was a hoax or anything like that.

ARMZ
03-28-2006, 03:42 PM
yo yo this shit is wack holmes

splints
03-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I hope they just ignore it all together. wipe them tears away

NoD
03-28-2006, 03:43 PM
jesus fucking christ no more april fools threads

Loveboat Captain
03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
If the info on the new album is it, its a shitty joke.

toology514
03-28-2006, 03:53 PM
If the info on the new album is it, its a shitty joke.

very shitty

KJM
03-28-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm so glad you posted this here

Slave
03-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Welcome to our newest member, e. blue cum

LoL

JakeMness
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
No kidding this is like the 8th april fools thread. No biggie, just gives more shit for people to read and diss someone on :)

MypugsAreSmarterThanYou
03-28-2006, 10:01 PM
It's been going around alot on here that the guys from tool and toolband.com are planning an april fools joke on the fans.
It's gone to the point that the name and track listing's of the Album is even suspect.
How bout we, the Fan base figure out an April fools joke to play on the Band themselves!

someone flame me.please.

Boozy Eulogist
03-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah, we certainly have the power to do that.

Nemesis
03-28-2006, 10:10 PM
It's not fair you should cop it all, but can we stop with all the fucking April Fool threads!

TickTock
03-28-2006, 10:11 PM
no one buy the album until june 2.

hellboy1975
03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, let's all say well download the album instead of buying it. That'll learn 'em!

Dalamar
03-28-2006, 10:13 PM
I got a good joke.. Anthrax through the mail.. that'll be real funny!

Nemesis
03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
I got a good joke.. Anthrax through the mail.. that'll be real funny!

Which album?

Dalamar
03-28-2006, 10:19 PM
The other one.

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Attack of the Killer B's

HalfASandwidch
03-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah, let's all say well download the album instead of buying it. That'll learn 'em!
What he said. I'm visiting my favorite torrent site every now and then to see if they got it. The day will come, and I will be happy.

bluefire
03-28-2006, 11:11 PM
We should say vicarious leaked and send blair a copy of that myspace song from late last year.

toocooltool
03-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Lets all refresh toolband a zillbillion times so the website eventually crashes, and we dont get any msg from blair on 1st april.. then.. it will be really cool.

Just like this day at band camp...

Systolic
03-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Okay look - Read the new info in the "Ultimate Email to Blair" thread, and please try post something relevant. Stop wasting your time making mindless threads trying to be funny. You're not.

The Official Fiction
03-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Good idea.

Get your flutes out!

toocooltool
Fuck you bitch.

Edit: Fuck. Im not reading through that crap.. give me a summary.

The Official Fiction
Fuck you bitch.

Now was that really necessary?

Systolic
Fuck you bitch.

Edit: Fuck. Im not reading through that crap.. give me a summary.

Look on the last page.

Systolic
03-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Post #427 (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=851527&postcount=427)

toocooltool
03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Now was that really necessary?

This thread wasn't.

<3

toocooltool
03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Post #427

Can you please be a bit more specific?

Systolic
03-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Can you please be a bit more specific?

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=851626#post851626

Post #427

toocooltool
03-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Oh, i see... my brothers uncle is CEO of amazon.com ... he confirmed everything for me 3 minutes ago.

Systolic
03-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Oh, i see... my brothers uncle is CEO of amazon.com ... he confirmed everything for me 3 minutes ago.

Yeah, laugh it up...

Like I said whether you believe me or not is up to you, but if you ask around, you'll see that I'm not an idiot, and I wouldnt just make something like that up... What would be the point of that?

toocooltool
03-28-2006, 11:58 PM
I'll never forgive you for your.. WHERE I AM AND WHERE I AM GOING....
2nd coming thread.

Systolic
03-28-2006, 11:59 PM
I'll never forgive you for your.. WHERE I AM AND WHERE I AM GOING....
2nd coming thread.

WHAT?

That wasnt me.

toocooltool
03-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Wasn't it?!?!?!??!

My bad?

Systolic
03-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Wasn't it?!?!?!??!

My bad?

No, I am not that stupid. Dont insult me like that.

chonus
03-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Everyone knows Maynard IS Jesus.

Quoted for truth.

intoxic8
03-29-2006, 11:21 AM
i tink theyre guna play the ultimate april fool's prank -
theyre guna release the new album without telling anyone on April 1st.
i know this is highly unlikely ... but hey at least if it does happen i would have posted something beforehand and i can be the hero of tdn -

phreak03
03-29-2006, 11:23 AM
the prank is to make us think too hard...

HalfASandwidch
03-29-2006, 11:39 AM
As its been said, there isn't going to be any april fools joke this year. Why? Because all the fucktards on here stole all the good ideas. Thanks a lot assholes.

phreak03
03-29-2006, 11:52 AM
if there is gonna be an april fools prank, it's not gonna be related to the album...it's too predictable and after the band tells the truth, everyones gonna be like 'i told you so..'

CallofCthulhu
03-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Blair never posts on the weekend.

DirtyBanana
03-30-2006, 08:02 AM
wow a new thread.

DirtyBanana
03-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Blair usually posts thursday night (european time). so watch out for all the truth and vicarious the next 12 hours.

Nebel
03-30-2006, 08:06 AM
It's been a while since he made a proper album update. I e-mailed him regarding the single and I bet a thousand more did too, so maybe he'll give us an update tonight?

DaMa
03-30-2006, 08:06 AM
i need to chill.

Rubb.
03-30-2006, 08:23 AM
t-minus 20h37m

orange.juice
03-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Tasmanian time.

Rubb.
03-30-2006, 08:54 AM
AEDST, actually.

Runner701
03-30-2006, 09:59 AM
ok... take a deep breath... here's the April Fools joke:

there isn't one.

Bogart
03-30-2006, 10:05 AM
I think we will see the March newsletter today.

phreak03
03-30-2006, 10:08 AM
I think we will see the March newsletter today.

and what makes you think that?

moneyisevil
03-30-2006, 02:59 PM
dont go to toolband/toolarmy on/around april fools if ur gonna be a dipshit about it....plain and fucken simple

Animus X torsi
03-30-2006, 03:03 PM
on april first, if tool does anything, some people are going to assume its a trick, and some will assume its reverse psycology.

toolgasm
03-30-2006, 03:06 PM
on april first, if tool does anything, some people are going to assume its a trick, and some will assume its reverse psycology.

Eitherway, if they did anything people would freak out...

Animus X torsi
03-30-2006, 03:10 PM
yep

XXSpiralOUTXX
03-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I was just looking at the new tool logo on the toolband site and it dawned on me that the new logo actually looks like fool instead of tool. can this be what blair was talking about when he said "its right before your eyes" and also when you look close and the artwork, you can see it says toolband underneath the "interbeing" if you wanna call it that

WearingVans501s
03-30-2006, 08:49 PM
you gotta be fucking kidding me

WearingVans501s
03-30-2006, 08:54 PM
dunno, but they're getting fucked whoever they are

StoneyB
03-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the breaking news.

oneredflag
03-30-2006, 09:24 PM
The plot thickens.......

tedium
03-30-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm waiting for April First (or a day or two later), when Tool will announce the 'real' album name, listing, and cover and apologize for the joke.

All of the people who were claiming it was a hoax will rejoice, and tell everyone else that they were retarded for believing that tool would actually call an album "10,000 Days".

And then after everyone finally accepts the 'real' name and listing, tool will announce that it was the hoax, and that "10,000 Days" was the real thing all along.

Futanical
03-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Wow, imagine this .. another fucking pointless april fools hoax thread.

Clutch it like an AEnima
03-30-2006, 09:36 PM
old........something new please

Alistair_Carson
03-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh shit, Maynard found Jesus

Alex in Chains
03-30-2006, 10:03 PM
I just noticed something, too: The official site said Tool's new album will be out May 2nd. This could be the new album Blair was talking about!

Alistair_Carson
03-30-2006, 10:04 PM
You ain't foolin, g'??

Alex in Chains
03-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Holy shit. I just found this out . . . On Saturday, the official site will reveal the real album we've all been waiting for . . . (drumroll, please) . . . Helix:

Indictment
Misery
A Little Kindling
Desolate
Entropy
The Violence
Helix
Ipso Facto
Splayed Out
Ulterior
Pound of Flesh

CallofCthulhu
03-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Blair doesn't post on the weekends. No April fool's joke.

Alex in Chains
03-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Blair doesn't post on the weekends. No April fool's joke.

He posted on St. Patrick's Day, and you know any holiday that involves getting drunk is more sacred to him than the weekend. He'll post.

CallofCthulhu
03-30-2006, 10:32 PM
He posted on St. Patrick's Day, and you know any holiday that involves getting drunk is more sacred to him than the weekend. He'll post.

He posted on the 17th. I mean he doesn't post Saturdays or Sundays, but we'll see.

Alex in Chains
03-30-2006, 10:39 PM
He posted on the 17th. I mean he doesn't post Saturdays or Sundays, but we'll see.

St. Patrick's Day is the 17th.

CallofCthulhu
03-30-2006, 10:50 PM
St. Patrick's Day is the 17th.

Ya but it was on Freitag.

Alex in Chains
03-30-2006, 10:52 PM

Go back and reread that until you understand it.

CallofCthulhu
03-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Go back and reread that until you understand it.

Gotcha now. Completely glanced over the sacred weekend part.

Alex in Chains
03-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Gotcha now. Completely glanced over the sacred weekend part.

No problem. =)

Alex in Chains
03-30-2006, 11:03 PM
By the way, Cthulhu, your avatar looks so familiar. Where did you get that?

fraz
03-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Holy shit. I just found this out . . . On Saturday, the official site will reveal the real album we've all been waiting for . . . (drumroll, please) . . . Helix:

Indictment
Misery
A Little Kindling
Desolate
Entropy
The Violence
Helix
Ipso Facto
Splayed Out
Ulterior
Pound of Flesh

why are you bothering with this setlist in all the threads? I can't tell whether you are just being sarcastic or whether you're trying to fool 2-3 people

Alex in Chains
03-30-2006, 11:14 PM
why are you bothering with this setlist in all the threads? I can't tell whether you are just being sarcastic or whether you're trying to fool 2-3 people

The latter. Saturday's the big day, and I just want to start shit.

EDIT: Plus, I only posted it in a handful of threads.

CallofCthulhu
03-30-2006, 11:29 PM
By the way, Cthulhu, your avatar looks so familiar. Where did you get that?

I googled for Cthulhu pics. It was the best "mug shot" I could find, also the most frequent.

What exactly are you expecting on April fools? A different album title? Different tracklist? Both? Did all of this April fools jargon happen because Tool has been hinting at it or is it strictly because its April fools? I'm not so sure about the tracklist stuff because it seems a little to obvious.

Lost Keys
03-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I was just looking at the new tool logo on the toolband site and it dawned on me that the new logo actually looks like fool instead of tool. can this be what blair was talking about when he said "its right before your eyes" and also when you look close and the artwork, you can see it says toolband underneath the "interbeing" if you wanna call it that

man you're a quick motherfucker

Hannibal
03-31-2006, 12:02 AM
man I'm getting tired of this...

CallofCthulhu
03-31-2006, 12:30 AM
man you're a quick motherfucker

ahwhwahwahwahwahhahahhaa check out that avatar

Hannibal
03-31-2006, 12:35 AM
so much anticipation for one day.

forecast calls for a whole lot of nothing.

Snakedragon
03-31-2006, 12:53 AM
they will not have an april fools this year- it's expected by us, so none of us would believe it.

they will do something either before or just after 4/1

Happyfunball
03-31-2006, 01:00 AM
March 31st now. Is the tension killing you all as little as it's killing me?

Snakedragon
03-31-2006, 01:06 AM
March 31st now. Is the tension killing you all as little as it's killing me?

they may not do an april fools this year, just to piss us off!

The Official Fiction
03-31-2006, 01:35 AM
they may not do an april fools this year, just to piss us off!

That would seriously piss me off. At this point ANY news is good news. Even if it's bullshit. Go figure.

I would like more info about VOLTO! and Butcher though.....

I'm so bored.

erazorhead
03-31-2006, 06:05 AM
it is april fools day RIGHT FUC-KING NOW, theres no announcement, track listing is obviously real. its been april fools day for 5 WHOLE MINUTES NOW... where's the damn joke... maybe i just dont get it.

5th Eye
03-31-2006, 06:41 AM
No it's not. What?

Rubb.
03-31-2006, 06:43 AM
it's been april fools day for an hour and 42 minutes. still nothing. i'm disappointed :(

orange.juice
03-31-2006, 06:44 AM
it's Friday morning, March 31 in Los Angeles now. i guess.

toocooltool
03-31-2006, 06:47 AM
I SAID THIS FIRST.

THERE WILL BE NO 'APRIL 1st' POST WHATSOEVER AND YOU WILL ALL CRY.

5th Eye
03-31-2006, 06:50 AM
It's still 9:50 AM EST on March 31. It won't be April 1 in CA until a long time from now.

Drunkard
03-31-2006, 08:01 AM
I think this year's joke will be that the new album will not be 10,000 days. I think that's the only joke they can do that would still get their fans.

Maybe 10,000 days really isn't the name of the name album and they'll give the real name tomorrow.

I think a good joke would be if they said they have been very influenced by all those shitty new emo bands like Good Charlotte and the Killers. They could make up a new name consistent with that theme.

Chancelor
03-31-2006, 08:40 AM
little off topic, but anyone else notice how CallofCthulhu's number of posts never goes up? still at one and hes posted 8 times in this thread alone. hmm...conspiracy or coincidence?

ps im off to find an avatar

Deoxy_Anomaly
03-31-2006, 08:42 AM
little off topic, but anyone else notice how CallofCthulhu's number of posts never goes up? still at one and hes posted 8 times in this thread alone. hmm...conspiracy or coincidence?

ps im off to find an avatar
Must be part of the April Fool's joke
o.o