PDA

View Full Version : Welp, here you go...(aka nothing special)

magnolia
03-09-2006, 09:01 PM
I think by now it's sort of our duty to just post whatever we come across in relation to Tool's next record. So we all have to decide what posted in this forum is garbage and what's worth keeping as a rumor. This is indeed a "friend of a friend" rumor. A friend of mine knows someone who works at a printing press in Arizona who apparently confirms the title "17 Steps", and what he assumes are lyrics, but the only 'lyrics' printed in the inner jacket:

Unseen, who stalked behind you
Whenever you walk out alone,
Who creeps behind all dying men
To separate their flesh from bone;
Then drawing down the dust of Age
To dry the blood spilt on the Page
And hide the life within the Stone

Now I don't necessarily believe this or not, but it was sent to me, I don't post new threads often, so I thought I might as well throw it out there.
?

SadSummerSea
03-09-2006, 09:02 PM
are you kidding me?

Who creeps behind all dying men
To separate their flesh from bone;
Then drawing down the dust of Age

laughable.

Bogart
03-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Should have posted this in the "Lies" section...17 steps huh

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
are you kidding me?

Anyone who thinks the title is 17 Steps must be kidding us all.

magnolia
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Should have posted this in the "Lies" section...17 steps huh
I guess the mods will decide that. It almost sounds too 'nu-metal'. But that's why it's here. For opinion.

SadSummerSea
03-09-2006, 09:06 PM
i put er in rumours - cuz really, who am i to say your friend of a friend is lying. i can say they're ridiculously gullible, though.

magnolia
03-09-2006, 09:08 PM
i put er in rumours - cuz really, who am i to say your friend of a friend is lying. i can say they're ridiculously gullible, though.
Well the guy does work at a printing press. He's done a lot of printwork for bands and companies. He could be using his job title to start a rumor, or could be telling the truth...

bluefire
03-09-2006, 09:09 PM
oh man first they stole emotive's politics, now 13th step's title? Interesting...

SadSummerSea
03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Well the guy does work at a printing press. He's done a lot of printwork for bands and companies. He could be using his job title to start a rumor, or could be telling the truth...

well, i mean. maynard does know a thing or two about writing. and the tense of that passage is all fuckered up. and seriously when was the last time tool printed lyrics inside the boolet? undertow? and that was a jumble of one liners. i cant see something about death stalking behind you being the one thing they want us to pull from this album, so much so that they print it in the liners.

bluefire
03-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Those lyrics are just gay and gothy.

Ryan
03-09-2006, 09:27 PM
well, i mean. maynard does know a thing or two about writing. and the tense of that passage is all fuckered up. and seriously when was the last time tool printed lyrics inside the boolet? undertow? and that was a jumble of one liners. i cant see something about death stalking behind you being the one thing they want us to pull from this album, so much so that they print it in the liners.

not tool, but still...

lm (http://photobucket.com/albums/y8/ryanin/lm.jpg)

ao. (http://photobucket.com/albums/y8/ryanin/ao.jpg)

bluefire
03-09-2006, 09:30 PM
not tool, but still...

goddamn those pictures made me uneasy about the politics on the new album all over again.

zavlin
03-09-2006, 09:35 PM
those lyrics maybe arent 100% rediculous...but the title is.

STA
03-09-2006, 10:02 PM
not tool, but still...

Please stop. Just, stop. This is killing me.

TurdEye13
03-09-2006, 10:33 PM
What a joke!

noisetherapy
03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
hahahahhahahahahah i get it

researchtriangle
03-09-2006, 11:13 PM
I think by now it's sort of our duty to just post whatever we come across in relation to Tool's next record. So we all have to decide what posted in this forum is garbage and what's worth keeping as a rumor. This is indeed a "friend of a friend" rumor. A friend of mine knows someone who works at a printing press in Arizona who apparently confirms the title "Hop On Pop", and what he assumes are lyrics, but the only 'lyrics' printed in the inner jacket:

One fish
Two fish
Red fish
Blue fish

Ryan
03-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Please stop. Just, stop. This is killing me.

LOL. i'm sorry.

/V\agina
03-10-2006, 05:31 AM
Alright, let me provide the tool public with the definitive post once again.

Maynard doesn't usually print lyrics in his cd booklets. He wants people to feel the message before they read it, basically. eMOTIVe was a different story, however, and I theorize that it's because those weren't his lyrics, all except for Passive which was in essence a cover of Tapeworms Vacant, and Counting Bodies was a remix of The Pet, basically.

Therefore, I doubt the new tool album will include lyrics. If so, 17 steps is simply ridiculous. I just don't think they'd call their new cd that after APC's 13th step. But whatever, if they did I'd still buy it because as I've said before, I give no shit about the album title.

insaner
03-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Alright, let me provide the tool public with the definitive post once again.

Maynard doesn't usually print lyrics in his cd booklets. He wants people to feel the message before they read it, basically. eMOTIVe was a different story, however, and I theorize that it's because those weren't his lyrics, all except for Passive which was in essence a cover of Tapeworms Vacant, and Counting Bodies was a remix of The Pet, basically.

Therefore, I doubt the new tool album will include lyrics. If so, 17 steps is simply ridiculous. I just don't think they'd call their new cd that after APC's 13th step. But whatever, if they did I'd still buy it because as I've said before, I give no shit about the album title.

so you now know what maynards motives are? are yall homeboys?

i guess the fact that he "wants people to feel the message" (whatever the fuck that means) is why he posted all the lyrics to lateralus before the album even came out.

definitive my arse.

Staticfactory
03-10-2006, 09:41 AM
oh man first they stole emotive's politics, now 13th step's title? Interesting...

Don't forget that review we read where buddy said that the vocals sound more like APC.