PDA

View Full Version : dead ohio sky

chaosad
03-07-2003, 02:56 AM
I have always thought of "dead ohio sky" being descriptive of a place in his own mind. as a whole i think the song is about a repressed memory from when Maynard was 11. i don't know what it may be(sounds like someone very important left him, thats all i can say with confidence). but i think the song is basically about going back and reconnecting with that memory. under that dead ohio sky is simply that place in the back of his brain where the memory, named 11, resides. it has been there wondering "where the hell have i been?"
but then at the end, it all comes together. dont let your light die 11, dont let the memory be forgotten, because im coming home.
i think most of us have at least one painful memory we can apply this to, and in turn conquer. thus taking another step to know ourselves, and advance a tad more on our quest to open our third eye.

after all, that memory is a part of the ground you need to stand on before you move your head between the sounds. until youve made your foundation a stable one, exploring the spiral can be a dangerous thing. thats all i have to say about that. didnt mean for my post on what i thought "dead ohio sky" meant to turn in to what i thought the whole song meant, but you know, it happens.