PDA

View Full Version : flood

chaosad
03-07-2003, 02:49 AM
this is my first post, seems like a good song to start on. flood has always been a very important song to me. over the years, what ive thought about the song's meaning has really evolved. at first, the simple and obvious frustration of something you had faith in, something the meant so much to you, being ripped away, made me like the song. now i think it is a bit deeper. i think there is an underlying buddhist concept of finding your center, or "your middle ground." in life, we tend to run to higher ground in any situation. the analogy can really be applied to a range of ideas, but i tend to think of it in a stinkfist desensitization kind of way. you could think of needing more drugs, more sex, more of anything as running to higher ground, when this does nothing but move you along the neverending chain of experience, and the water simply rises once again. then you just need more. there is no way to escape this water, everytime you run it will just rise again. the only way to deal with it is find your middle ground, your center, whatever you want to call it. in other words, let the water overtake you(you could even say Learn to Swim for a questionable yet interesting connection). "ground breaks down right under me, cleanse and purge me in the water." its sort of like one step in your quest to open your third eye, reach 46&2, whatever you wish to call it. its all related. this was really just a narrow facet of what i think this song means. i still see many ways to apply it in my life. its just a meaning i related to when i was into drugs heavily. i didnt feel content unless i was doing more and more drugs(running to higher ground) but i had to realize that true contentment is a decision you have to make for yourself. when you become content with yourself, you become more content with your world. yeesh i'll shut up now i could go on and on and on but its 5 AM so i'll go to bed.