PDA

View Full Version : Maybe not official name aka 10000 days

ScottG
03-08-2006, 02:31 PM
I've heard from an unknown source from someone off of the Toolband.com site, that the whole reason that they put that the album name was 10000 days was to get everyone talking about it so therefore in the long run it promotes the album. Now of course this could just be another rumor for all I know! But I dont think that most people, or at least from what I have read, are really considering this fact!! The name of the album 10000 days was said to be its new official name, but personally, I do think it is a marketing ploy. Think about it.. Its so perfect. Everyone is talking about this name and how sucky it is!! This is what they want, which is pure genious. Im sorry if this has been posted already too btw, i havent read a thread like this yet so i just decided to start one.

Another thing is I could be totally wrong on this! Maybe whoever told me was just "thinking" this and its just another rumor. I just agree more with this, TOOL just seems like they would pull something like this if you ask me. I also think we'll just have to wait and see when the album comes our for itself. Id love to know what everyones opinions are with this and if you agree with me or not.

Btw, first post here at toolnavy.com I know, I'm glad to be here too!!!

eddie75
03-08-2006, 02:36 PM
That runs along the same lines that I was thinking. I actully would add that it would make leaks a bit less likely. It seems to me that it's more of a wild goose chase type name.

Perseensilmä
03-08-2006, 02:40 PM
"Good morning my dear, here´s some bacon and eggs. How did you sleep?"

"Great mom, thanks."

"Did you remember to do your homework yesterday."

"Yes, ma. Good morning papa."

"Good morning little Dick. How did you sleep? Honey put some bacon and eggs on my plate, will you, please."

"Fine, all fine. I had a nice dream."

"You big guys better hurry! The school bus is coming soon and Willie, you have to get to work"

"Oh, Wendy, have I ever been late? No, my darling, I don´t think so. Dick my son, would you give me the newspaper, please"

"There you go, pa."

"Here´s your bacon, just a minute and I´ll bring the eggs."

"Oh my goodness, rock band Tool is going to name their album 10,000 Days. I better call Johnny, this might interest him."

Geedorah
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't have an unknown source somewhat affiliated with Toolband.com?

I'm slowly accepting "10,000 Days". Plus, like most Tool related things, the more theories I read and articles that have to do with 10,000 days the more it makes sense. If it ends up being a fake, well "Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice well, sh sh sh shame me again!"

Bogart
03-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm glad to be here too!!!

I'm not

SadSummerSea
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
wow thanks for making this thread.
i would have never considered it to be a publicity stunt.

(*)

ScottG
03-08-2006, 02:54 PM
wow thanks for making this thread.
i would have never considered it to be a publicity stunt.

(*)
Yea I didnt know if alot of people would or not, but once i realized that it might be one I had to give the word out lol. Its just another possibility really, the album could still be named 10000 Days like said above. You just got to considered every option really.

SadSummerSea
03-08-2006, 02:57 PM
* indicates that sarcasm is in play. just so you now.

paraflux
03-08-2006, 03:10 PM
The return of starcasm?

hellboy1975
03-08-2006, 03:17 PM
You know the thing is, 10,000 Days get all the Tool fans talking about it, but really does it have any impact on non-Tool fans? I don't think so.

Given that, what's the point of promoting the new CD to people that will already go and buy it?

adda da suh
03-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't have an unknown source somewhat affiliated with Toolband.com?

I'm slowly accepting "10,000 Days". Plus, like most Tool related things, the more theories I read and articles that have to do with 10,000 days the more it makes sense. If it ends up being a fake, well "Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice well, sh sh sh shame me again!"

Well I am sure the guys in Tool are relieved to see that you are finally "accepting" THEIR choice of titles for THEIR album. I bet they will sleep alot better on the plane ride back from overseas knowing that you are coming to terms with this.

In response to the unknown source...it is a special membership package only available to people who have COMPLETELY "accepted" Tool and their artistic decisions.

you_lied
03-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Btw, first post here at toolnavy.com I know, I'm glad to be here too!!!

how thrilling.

maneva
03-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Well I am sure the guys in Tool are relieved to see that you are finally "accepting" THEIR choice of titles for THEIR album. I bet they will sleep alot better on the plane ride back from overseas knowing that you are coming to terms with this.

In response to the unknown source...it is a special membership package only available to people who have COMPLETELY "accepted" Tool and their artistic decisions.

this is one reason why tdn tends to be such a terrible place. someone says that they're coming around to the album title, and are flamed instantly.

please, if you're going to be an asshole like that, stop posting.

eddie75
03-08-2006, 03:28 PM
You know the thing is, 10,000 Days get all the Tool fans talking about it, but really does it have any impact on non-Tool fans? I don't think so.

Given that, what's the point of promoting the new CD to people that will already go and buy it?
You get the harcore tool fans talking, then they get the moderate tool fans talking, so on and so forth.

adda da suh
03-08-2006, 03:40 PM
this is one reason why tdn tends to be such a terrible place. someone says that they're coming around to the album title, and are flamed instantly.

please, if you're going to be an asshole like that, stop posting.

I have not posted one negative thing until today, granted I have not been registered long, but have been reading the site for about a year.

I have seen worse than what I typed. It just bothers me that people are so upset at this album title, and have to learn to accept it. Tool owes us nothing and If they want to call the album "TurkeyShit" they can. I am just making a statement that I really dont think that the band cares if we like it or not. Am I wrong in saying that it is not our album? You shouldn't have to "accept" it you can grow to like it, but to learn to accept ot, as if they owe us anything.

Sorry you think I am an asshole, but I wasn't really out to start name calling I just wish this person wouldn't feel this way... it is depressing.

ATARI
03-08-2006, 03:42 PM

It's a forum requirement.

maneva
03-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I have not posted one negative thing until today, granted I have not been registered long, but have been reading the site for about a year.

I have seen worse than what I typed. It just bothers me that people are so upset at this album title, and have to learn to accept it. Tool owes us nothing and If they want to call the album "TurkeyShit" they can. I am just making a statement that I really dont think that the band cares if we like it or not. Am I wrong in saying that it is not our album? You shouldn't have to "accept" it you can grow to like it, but to learn to accept ot, as if they owe us anything.

Sorry you think I am an asshole, but I wasn't really out to start name calling I just wish this person wouldn't feel this way... it is depressing.

well, thanks for the good response, and sorry for that harsh reply. my post was directed more at the forum as a whole. over the last several days every other post is some attack on someone's opinion, even if was expressed nicely, which is also very depressing, and has been driving me crazy (obviously). there's been very little civilized conversation.

and yes, i've seen much worse than that post of yours as well, but for some reason your post was just the icing on the cake.

macfreak
03-08-2006, 03:57 PM
10,000s days....LoL come on dont be fool ...the tracklisting is ;

1000 Days (the beggining)
2000 Days (The journey)
3000 Days (Maynards anger)
4000 Days (alaedis laenar)
5000/6000 Days (We could be you)
7000 Days (the king crimson)
8000/9000 Days (Maynard goes home)
10000 Days (thinking chicken)

adda da suh
03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
well, thanks for the good response, and sorry for that harsh reply. my post was directed more at the forum as a whole. over the last several days every other post is some attack on someone's opinion, even if was expressed nicely, which is also very depressing, and has been driving me crazy (obviously). there's been very little civilized conversation.

and yes, i've seen much worse than that post of yours as well, but for some reason your post was just the icing on the cake.

No biggie...The icing on the cake for me was that guys post as my post was for you, so I know how you feel.

Opinions are wonderful, believe me I have too many, but the whole fact that people think they have to learn to accept it or deal with it really bugs me. For me its wonderful that they are switching things up a bit, it leaves me optimisitic that we are in for a definite Tool album but with a switch from the norm. If you have heard the new Godsmack song, it sounds like a cover of their own songs!!!! no progression, no changing from past efforts...cookie cutter poop.

To accept something or deal with something to me sounds like a bad marriage or relationship that should end.

I guess some folk will never be satisfied, but thanks for understanding.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-08-2006, 05:06 PM
I love the title Ten Thousand Days. In fact, when I purchase the cd, before I actually listen to it, Im going to ejaculate all over the cover and/or booklet.

you_lied
03-08-2006, 05:20 PM

2000 Days (The journey)
lol.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-08-2006, 07:54 PM

2000 Days (The journey)

Wrong. Its got 11 Tracks.

TheHolyGift
03-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I kinda figured it would be a promotion type thing, or they just wanted to see us kill each other. But I don't take any thing from an "uknown source" seriously.

TurdEye13
03-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Wrong. Its got 11 Tracks.

Some reports say 12.

.TP
03-09-2006, 12:00 PM
it kinda sucks for me, that new title...

kinda breaks the cool pattern of having one-word titled albums.

blah... tool sucks anyways.

varg
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm not
Yeah me neither.

And btw, it goes:
"If I speak at one constant volume, at one constant pitch, at one constant rhythm right into your ear, you still won't hear... "

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Some reports say 12.

either way 10 is just wrong.

Hannibal
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
my unofficial source from the Red Hot chilli Peppers, says that the new Tool album will have 20 tracks.

but I don't believe him. He has weird hair.