PDA

View Full Version : so happy 10,000 days is MESHUGGAH influenced...

new millenium cyanide christ
03-07-2006, 11:39 PM
all i can do is smile....

so here.

=)
=)
=)
=)
=)
=)

contrary to all the little whiny 16 yr olds on this site, the new cd is going to kick major ass, and may possibly be the most complex piece of music the boys have ever put out....

so stop bitching and just look foward to the pure mathematical brutal perfection that will be released on may 2nd....

Archetypically
03-07-2006, 11:41 PM

so here.

=)
=)
=)
=)
=)
=)

contrary to all the little whiny 16 yr olds on this site, the new cd is going to kick major ass, and may possibly be the most complex piece of music the boys have ever put out....

so stop bitching and just look foward to the pure mathematical brutal perfection that will be released on may 2nd....
Will do... can't wait man!

DirtyBanana
03-07-2006, 11:57 PM

so here.

=)
=)
=)
=)
=)
=)

you seem to be a hard boy.

TickTock
03-07-2006, 11:59 PM
i hope maynard wears a punisher shirt on tour.

Goldfoot
03-08-2006, 12:01 AM

Since you've heard it, give us a review.

Shaz
03-08-2006, 12:24 AM
i hope maynard wears a punisher shirt on tour.
was never a fan of punisher

but i could definatly see him doing that, would be kool.

or maybe just his regular joe shmoe shit

cuz of how raw i feel this albums gonna be anyway
whatever im drunk peace

TickTock
03-08-2006, 12:30 AM
lol i saw meshuggah open for tool and the lead singer was wearing a punisher shirt. also he looked somewhat like maynard but a little more badass!

spawk
03-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Maynard will wear a pink skirt.
and a purple cowboy hat.
actually 10,000 Days contains 10 covers of shania twain's best country songs. The 11th song is about Brokeback mountain.

SpareForTheWarFishers
03-08-2006, 12:53 AM

You know that once the album comes out and we know what 10,000 days is referencing all the pricks who hate the title will be praising it for its genous.

KJM
03-08-2006, 01:05 AM
yea I'm sure the title really is quite genous.

death_2_usa
03-08-2006, 01:10 AM
genous like a fox!

Salo
03-08-2006, 01:20 AM
I was at one of the listening parties.. and yeah, I can't say much at all but all I'm gonna say is that many of you are going to be pleasantly surprised. The new album IS good. Besides the ones who are going to force themselves to hate it just because it's a new release, everyone will be happy.

cr0nick
03-08-2006, 01:52 AM
mexico

tcM_Emperor
03-08-2006, 02:37 AM
I was at one of the listening parties.. and yeah, I can't say much at all but all I'm gonna say is that many of you are going to be pleasantly surprised. The new album IS good. Besides the ones who are going to force themselves to hate it just because it's a new release, everyone will be happy.

Oh awesome, it's another guy with less than 20 posts claiming he has an inside scoop on the album!

Hey, where are all the retards believing him? *waits*

Rosette feasted
03-08-2006, 03:01 AM
Meshuggah is the most unispired Band I've ever heard. No other Band can make so much song out of so less ideas. Meshuggah is embarassing.

orange.juice
03-08-2006, 03:20 AM
^ well thatīs your opinion. There certainly is an idea behind Meshuggahīs music, and to me, this ideas is somewhat good. Those guys are pushing the borders of consistence.

KJM
03-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Meshuggah is the most unispired Band I've ever heard. No other Band can make so much song out of so less ideas. Meshuggah is embarassing.

Says a guy who sounds like he's only listened to their last 3 (probably just 2) releases. It's pretty obvious when someone is unfamiliar with material.

Rosette feasted
03-08-2006, 03:27 AM
@KJM
Yeah you're right, I've only listened to Catch33 and Chaosphere. But you have to admit that these albums suck monkey balls. Every song on catch33 sounds the same because the same Rythm repeats after every 5 seconds. You call it ingenious, I call it lack of Ideas.

theone333
03-08-2006, 03:33 AM
@KJM
Yeah you're right, I've only listened to Catch33 and Chaosphere. But you have to admit that these albums suck monkey balls. Every song on catch33 sounds the same because the same Rythm repeats after every 5 seconds. You call it ingenious, I call it lack of Ideas.

catch33 is one song.
ignore that its broken up like it is. the label suggested the idea and they agreed to it (or something like that)

Rosette feasted
03-08-2006, 03:36 AM
catch33 is one song.
ignore that its broken up like it is. the label suggested the idea and they agreed to it (or something like that)
Ok than you have to admit that this song sucks monkeyballs.

Khastra_KSC
03-08-2006, 03:54 AM

whats wrong with making alot out of a little? thats not easy to do ya know.

/V\agina
03-08-2006, 05:22 AM
It was one song, but a label will not release one song as an album, instead as a single. Obviously that limits your packaging and how much money your label will spend on releasing it.

Also, if it's under 9 songs I think it's an EP.

so they had to break it up...

UnasTheSlayer
03-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Ok than you have to admit that this song sucks monkeyballs.

Listen to their earlier material. Much better than their new stuff imo.

dracomordag
03-08-2006, 11:37 AM
meshuggah is alright

not quite the direction i wanted tool to go

but tool will handle it well... they always have.

hanger25934
03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
DESTROY ERASE IMPROVE

maneva
03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
i can't stand the vocals in meshuggah, but i don't think that will be a problem when it comes to tool.

TurdEye13
03-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Maynard will wear a pink skirt.

Banana suit is what I'm hoping for.

dracomordag
03-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Banana suit is what I'm hoping for.

same

and Adam in a gorilla suit

orange.juice
03-08-2006, 12:04 PM
covering "I" by Meshuggah as opener.

KJM
03-08-2006, 12:32 PM

that would be..bad ass. The intro would rock to hear live.

Sol Invictus
03-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Ok i have been just reading the board for a few years now never wanting to sign up and join in on the bickering...I have been a tool fan since undertow so that has nothing to do with why i am finally signing up for the board. I just wanted to clear something up to people that dont know the difference between an EP and an LP, Mangina states since its 9 songs its an EP this is incorrect. An EP is any recording under 30 minutes such as Opiate. An LP is anything Over 30 minutes as another other tool album. Just wanted to clear that up its a common misconception even in bands and good musicians what the diffference is.

KJM
03-08-2006, 01:05 PM
It's actually not a totally set/defined thing.

ATARI
03-08-2006, 01:06 PM
I hope this album is nothing but melt-banana covers

KJM
03-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I was looking forward to some APC covers.

Sol Invictus
03-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Yes it is a defined thing kjm. An ep is under 30 minutes go look how long opiate is 28 minutes. Thus its an Ep any album you have that is over 30 minutes is an LP. Most releases are LP's because most bands when they release an album its over 30 minutes of music.

KJM
03-08-2006, 01:19 PM
What about all the full length records released back when all you could get was 30 minutes down?

What about the fact that meshuggah HAD to break up the album into more track because THEIR record company told them if they didn't it would count as an EP even being that it was an hour in length.

Sol Invictus
03-08-2006, 01:23 PM
the titles EP and LP are relatively new song Please inform yourself. Mars volta had to do the same thing with frances the mute it was to be 5 songs but the label wanted them to cut song 5 into 6 more songs buts its over an hour of music but was never considered an EP, it was always an LP cos of its length not because of the number of songs. Really man i may be new but i find it hard to really want to argue with a guy with a guy that was a maynard imposter, what a ***.

Boozy Eulogist
03-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I didn't really get Meshuggah when I saw them open for Tool. It was actually two years later in 03 after spending that time in heavy music theory study that I grew interested in the band. They were not kidding when they listed Jazz as a major influence after breaking from their Metallica roots.

ATARI
03-08-2006, 02:07 PM
the titles EP and LP are relatively new song Please inform yourself. Mars volta had to do the same thing with frances the mute it was to be 5 songs but the label wanted them to cut song 5 into 6 more songs buts its over an hour of music but was never considered an EP, it was always an LP cos of its length not because of the number of songs. Really man i may be new but i find it hard to really want to argue with a guy with a guy that was a maynard imposter, what a ***.

record label never wanted anything. Volta did it to get full LP funding

Sol Invictus
03-08-2006, 02:29 PM
full LP funding, you are making no sense. An LP simply means that the music is longer than 30 minutes it has nothing to do with the number of songs. Funding has nothign to do with an album anyways. The label pays for their studio time, new instruments, and everyone involved in the recording process. they do no receive more or less money for the fact that they wanted "LP" funding. I am in a band and had enough experience with the music industry to know what im talking about. I was just making the simple point ep < 30 mintes, LP > 30 minutes. leave it alone please

tentonmantra
03-08-2006, 02:30 PM
because toolīs members said that "seeing meshuggah and how heavy they are kicked us in the face" doesnīt exactly mean they will do meshuggah-sounding songs.

i bet they will be heavier-tool songs.

itīs like "oh ok, letīs stop tripping so much for a while and make more brutal music again."
not "oh my, meshuggah ruled my ass, letīs capture that sound and call it our own - and spread to the world we ripped meshuggah off".

when the new album comes out and you do not find the songs sound like meshuggah, donīt be sad.

dracomordag
03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
full LP funding, you are making no sense. An LP simply means that the music is longer than 30 minutes it has nothing to do with the number of songs. Funding has nothign to do with an album anyways. The label pays for their studio time, new instruments, and everyone involved in the recording process. they do no receive more or less money for the fact that they wanted "LP" funding. I am in a band and had enough experience with the music industry to know what im talking about. I was just making the simple point ep < 30 mintes, LP > 30 minutes. leave it alone please

this man knows what's up

Plenty of bands will release albums under 9 tracks, and they're never called "EPs".

But that "30 minute" thing is not a magic number. EP (meaning extended play) simply means that the album is too long to be a singles CD, and too short to be a full-length album.

Is that really too hard to understand? the labels were not pushing track lengths to get out of EP status, but rather to make the CD more commercial/accessible, and thus get higher sales numbers.

exojjl
03-08-2006, 08:09 PM
All I recall them saying is that Meshuggah is hard and that they like them.... not "we are influenced by meshuggah" or "we are influenced by meshuggah and our new record is going to sound like them because we cant develop our own sound anymore" or "we like meshuggah and they are hard. We're going to sound like them." shut the fuck up man!!!

KJM
03-08-2006, 08:57 PM
They've also said moments in the album sounds just like parts that belong in a meshuggah song. So maybe you should shut the fuck up?

Boozy Eulogist
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Mike Patton and Meshuggah have influenced them. I think we've known this since at least 2002...when they said so many times.

KJM
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
oh btw, EP's have been around for a long time. When do you think they started making EP's? Cause I would like to to know if I'm really wrong on that.

"leave it alone please" You're right, those bands who were told to make more tracks on their albums in order to avoid the label calling it an EP

they're just a bunch of fucking liars.

And just because my title says MJK imposter doesn't mean I actually ever claimed to be MJK.

Since you are new, and you don't know me, you should probably not speak on things such as that.

Bogart
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
The heavier the better, this album sounds like it has a lot of potential from the reviews. May can't get here quick enough.

Sol Invictus
03-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Ive been lurking for a while and ive always just heard people joking and laughing about you being a maynard fake some years back, i do not claim to know you but yet to seem to know your online persona of being of not lettings things just rest as they are.

ifrigginghatethis
03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
heavier the better?

i dont see how there is a necessary relation -- and maybe thats because there isnt one -- between a heavy album and a good one

i saw meshuggah live and wasnt impress. the vocals were impossibily unclear, and the songs struck me as one dimensional. i gave a shot to a couple of their cds, but my appraisal didnt improve after subsequent listenings...

I'm not saying meshuggah sucks, but I don't understand why other people like them so much. What makes meshuggah different from another heavy metal band? It's fine if tool likes them and is influenced by them, but I probably wouldnt buy an album that is so deriviative of meshuggah.

Sol Invictus
03-09-2006, 12:05 PM
I dont live half the bands that Tool are into but no matter what their influences are they always come into the studio and create something that is definitely Tool. So if they were influenced by meshhugah even though im not a big fan i know it will still be a good tool album.

varg
03-09-2006, 12:06 PM
was never a fan of punisher

That's cause you're an eight-yearold girlie-girl with a red dress and pigtails.

new millenium cyanide christ
03-09-2006, 12:16 PM
heavier the better?

i dont see how there is a necessary relation -- and maybe thats because there isnt one -- between a heavy album and a good one

i saw meshuggah live and wasnt impress. the vocals were impossibily unclear, and the songs struck me as one dimensional. i gave a shot to a couple of their cds, but my appraisal didnt improve after subsequent listenings...

I'm not saying meshuggah sucks, but I don't understand why other people like them so much. What makes meshuggah different from another heavy metal band? It's fine if tool likes them and is influenced by them, but I probably wouldnt buy an album that is so deriviative of meshuggah.

well, meshuggah is in fact different than any other heavy metal band....it really cant be described, either you get it or you dont....

there is not one other "metal" band that even comes close to their level, imo....and i'm sure all the meshuggah lovers will agree that they are just so unique...

if when u listen to meshuggah, all u hear is screaming, then u will never get them whatsoever...

Pickles The Clown
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
I don't understand why people assume that the new album will sound like Meshuggah just because TOOL has listed it as an influence. Moreover, I also don't think TOOL or any other band for that matter would be able to accurately reproduce Meshuggah's sound (Not that TOOL would want to in the first place).

In regards to Meshuggah's credibility. I don't think there is any other band out there, be it TOOL, Mars volta, Porcupine tree, dream theatre or whatever other band considered to be pushing the limits of "progresive music" that compares to Meshuggah in regards to rhythm. Meshuggah is creating something NEW and unheard of with rhythmic movement, and I think its that new "rhythmic movement idea" that will be heard in TOOL's new album, not the ball crushing brutality that Meshuggah creates.

Thats my opinion, whatever thats worth...

KJM
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Because tool has said there are moments on the album where the music sounds like meshuggah.

READ PEOPLE READ

Pickles The Clown
03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Because tool has said there are moments on the album where the music sounds like meshuggah.

READ PEOPLE READ

I havent seen the quote.

But regardless... I dont believe it.
My first question is..Have you ever heard Meshuggah?

I cant see Carey playing a Haake style beat (constant China beating). I cant picture Adam palying an 8 string. I can't picture Maynard sounding ANYHTING like Meshuggahs singer. And then theres that whole... Meshuggah doesn't record with a bassist thing. These are what defines Meshuggah's sound, and none of these will be on the new album.

I can see Tool having MeshuggahISH ideas... just like Meshuggah uses ToolISH ideas...but nothing more. Thats "influence". Tool will have Meshuggahish IDEAS.. without the Meshuggah sound.

No ones going to think, "Wow is that meshuggah?" while listening to the new album.

KJM
03-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Yea I do listen to meshuggah, all the time. As for tool BEING meshuggah, what the hell? no one said that you crazy ass.

Pickles The Clown
03-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Being ? uhm no. Sounding? uhm no. Influenced.. YES.

You're almost there buddy.

Goldfoot
03-09-2006, 01:28 PM
oh btw, EP's have been around for a long time. When do you think they started making EP's? Cause I would like to to know if I'm really wrong on that.

"leave it alone please" You're right, those bands who were told to make more tracks on their albums in order to avoid the label calling it an EP

they're just a bunch of fucking liars.

If it was determined by the number of tracks, then why do plenty of albums with less than 9 tracks have the LP designation?

Wish You Were Here (5), Meddle (5), Animals (5), Brain Salad Surgery (5), Tarkus (7), A Passion Play (1), Thick As A Brick (1), Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven (4), F#A#oo (3), YANQUI U.X.O. (5), The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw (7), Australasia (5), Panopticon (7), Oceanic (8)......I don't think I need to go on any more.

Sol Invictus
03-09-2006, 01:56 PM
God thank you goldfoot, I have been saying this whole damn thread ep less than 30, lp more than 30 has nothing to do with number of songs on an album. Put this to rest please this has ntohing to do with the new album.

KJM
03-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that there are albums like that. I'm saying there have been bands who have been told that they had to add tracks or else their release would count as an EP.

Sol, get over it. We're just discussing something. If you don't want to you don't have to. Obviously you dont, so stop?

KJM
03-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Being ? uhm no. Sounding? uhm no. Influenced.. YES.

You're almost there buddy.

OK, continue arguing with what the band said. They're wrong you're right. Fans are annoying.

Goldfoot
03-09-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that there are albums like that. I'm saying there have been bands who have been told that they had to add tracks or else their release would count as an EP.

That sounds like a shitty way to deal with you clients. I'm talking about the record company. I mean Linkin Park releases Meteora that is like 35 minutes long as an LP and Pelican has March Into The Sea which is like 32 minutes long and it's an EP. I know there is no CLEAR distinction, but time is what is supposed to warrant the designation, NOT number of tracks.

KJM
03-09-2006, 02:33 PM
This is the definition I have always gone by

"An extended play or EP, is the name given to vinyl records or CDs which are too long to be called singles but too short to qualify as albums. Typically an album has eight or more tracks (anywhere between 30-60 minutes), a single has one to three (5-15 minutes), and an EP four to eight (or around 15-30 minutes). Some artists, especially in the days of vinyl, have released full-length albums that could fit the definition of a modern-day EP. (See Yes' Close to the Edge and Prince's Dirty Mind as examples.) Conversely, there are EPs that are long enough to be albums (Dream Theater's A Change of Seasons for example, which is 57 minutes long; Estradasphere's The Silent Elk of Yesterday clocks in at 74 minutes, 54 seconds)."

-wikipedia

Not that exact one, but I've seen the same thing basically said many times about tracks/time being the factor.

Staticfactory
03-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I remember reading the interview where they said "Wow, that was a Mesuggah moment!" Was that the Kerrang! interview?

Either way, I'm sure there will be at least a little bit of dynamic that lends itself to whatever influenced the music. For example, the more King Crimson I listen to, the more I can see how Tool was influenced by them. It doesn't have much to do with a sound as much as it has to do with an idea, or the feel of the progression.

I am really looking forward to this album being heavier. All the more reason for Danny to beat the living fuck out of his kit like never before!! My personal taste lends itself towards heavier, upbeat tribal-esque (Sepultura) type music, so I welcome any stylistic changes that would take Tool in a similar direction.

Before you even think about saying it... NO, I AM NOT SAYING THAT I HOPE TOOL WILL SOUND LIKE SEPULTURA.

Pickles The Clown
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM
OK, continue arguing with what the band said. They're wrong you're right. Fans are annoying.

I haven't seen this quote. I've seen many talking about Meshuggah's influence on the new album but none that say "yeah we have parts that sounds like they belong to Meshuggah".

So unless you've heard the album, know for sure that any quote saying that parts "sound" like Meshuggah wasnt taken out of context or have spoken directly to the band, I don't believe that parts will "sound" like Meshuggah.

Don't give up, youre almost there.

And I also find people who like Tool annoying.....?

Staticfactory
03-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Actually, something else has come to mind that kind of fits into this topic. It has to do with the people that were ranting about "10,000 Days" sounding too "nu-metal" and how pathetic that would be.

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong... but are the Deftones not considered "nu-metal"? Were they not (along with Korn, Limp Bizzzznugget, [possibly RATM]) the founding fathers of the 'nu-metal' style? If so... do you think Maynard would appear on White Pony with Chino for "Passenger" or Zack for "Know Your Enemy" if he wasn't friendly with these bands?! I can tell you from first hand experience, your friends are your biggest influence (next to your parents and God-figures, of course.)

So, if they're influenced (even slightly) by rap-core/nu-metal (I'm using the terms as if synonymous, forgive me if they are not) then why the hell would anyone use a "crappy nu-metal" argument against the title "10,000 Days"? Personally, I love the Deftones and RATM.

KJM
03-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I haven't seen this quote. I've seen many talking about Meshuggah's influence on the new album but none that say "yeah we have parts that sounds like they belong to Meshuggah".

So unless you've heard the album, know for sure that any quote saying that parts "sound" like Meshuggah wasnt taken out of context or have spoken directly to the band, I don't believe that parts will "sound" like Meshuggah.

Don't give up, youre almost there.

And I also find people who like Tool annoying.....?

Jesus dude, how do you take "The was a meshuggah moment" out of context? Are you just trying to argue a loss at this point?

dracomordag
03-09-2006, 04:18 PM
This is the definition I have always gone by

"An extended play or EP, is the name given to vinyl records or CDs which are too long to be called singles but too short to qualify as albums. Typically an album has eight or more tracks (anywhere between 30-60 minutes), a single has one to three (5-15 minutes), and an EP four to eight (or around 15-30 minutes). Some artists, especially in the days of vinyl, have released full-length albums that could fit the definition of a modern-day EP. (See Yes' Close to the Edge and Prince's Dirty Mind as examples.) Conversely, there are EPs that are long enough to be albums (Dream Theater's A Change of Seasons for example, which is 57 minutes long; Estradasphere's The Silent Elk of Yesterday clocks in at 74 minutes, 54 seconds)."

-wikipedia

Not that exact one, but I've seen the same thing basically said many times about tracks/time being the factor.

see my post.

KJM
03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
what about it? I was showing a definition where track numbers were included into the factor. What am I looking for in your post?

I guess I'm missing the part where meshuggah releasing a really long EP or a regular LP has some commercial affect on them depending on how it's packaged.

solidabyss
03-09-2006, 04:40 PM
i bought a meshuggah cd a couple of months back called "I" that could be an I or 1 i dunno but its over 21 minutes long and it is the only track i think its friggin awesome, cant wait for the new tool album!!!!!

Pickles The Clown
03-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Jesus dude, how do you take "The was a meshuggah moment" out of context? Are you just trying to argue a loss at this point?

First of all, i'm not arguing with you man. I'm just sayin, I don't think any part on the new album is gonna sound like Meshhuggah. I mean we may have different opinions about what sounds like Meshuggah, but nothing on this album will be nearly as robotic, heavy and brutal as Meshuggah.

And if you think "that was a meshuggah moment" is a clear indication that parts are going to sounds like Meshuggah, well... I don't know what to tell you really.

Let me try to clear this up with an example chief.... some, me included would say that the vocals on ticks and leeches were influenced by Mike Patton. However, it doesnt sound like Patton or any of his bands... it sounds like tool/maynard but the influence is there. Know what im saying? No one says, man that sounds like Fantomas, because it doesn't, it just seems influenced.

Thats all I'm saying, but if you continue thinking that album will have parts that actually sound like Meshuggah, go for it.

KJM
03-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Whatever makes you feel like your "winning" I suppose. The band says there are sections that sound meshuggah influenced. You say they're wrong. I don't get it, you do. The band never said "the vocals for ticks and leeches sound like mike patton" so that's of on consequence here.

No where have I said that meshuggah would come on in the mix and start playing, or that tool would sound exactly the same as meshuggah. Only that the band said pieces of songs sound LIKE meshuggah.

Pickles The Clown
03-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Whatever makes you feel like your "winning" I suppose. The band says there are sections that sound meshuggah influenced. You say they're wrong. I don't get it, you do. The band never said "the vocals for ticks and leeches sound like mike patton" so that's of on consequence here.

No where have I said that meshuggah would come on in the mix and start playing, or that tool would sound exactly the same as meshuggah. Only that the band said pieces of songs sound LIKE meshuggah.

"that was a meshuggah moment" does not imply "that part sounds like meshuggah".

you seem to be getting pretty emotional there. take it easy sally. You don't like it when people disagree with you, do you?

KJM
03-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Projection is a bitch man. I'm not getting emotional lol, but it's cool if you are?

It does however boggle my mind that you've completely taken the bands statement of "meshuggah moment" and how it relates to the music and basically said it's a hollow statement that actually doesn't mean anything at all. You've been sitting here telling me I don't know anything because I haven't heard the music, yet you believe to have all the answers when the evidence points to the contrary.

Pickles The Clown
03-09-2006, 05:32 PM
nah man. You're not listening to me.

I didn't deny anything Tool has said nor do I think I'm more correct than you.

Heres what I think: You have misinterpreted what tool means by "That was a Meshuggah moment" You have taken it as literally meaning "That part sounds like a part in a Meshugggah song". And I disagree with that. Of course I don't know this for sure, I havent heard the album either.

I think there will be Meshuggah influenced parts but they won't literally sound like Meshuggah.

Basically, you think parts will actually sound like Meshuggah, and I don't.

I'm jsut sayin I disagree with you sally. Don't take it personally. You can think what you want.

Alright B? Thats it.

spitcodfry
03-09-2006, 05:42 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6668271242366126796&q=new+millenium

Best video EVER

Jesus Knievel
03-09-2006, 05:54 PM
MESHUGGAH is the worst band ever

Pickles The Clown
03-09-2006, 05:57 PM
MESHUGGAH is the worst band ever

You ever hear Guns and Roses?

Liam
03-09-2006, 06:05 PM

adam would fuck it up for sure.

Liam
03-09-2006, 06:20 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6668271242366126796&q=new+millenium

Best video EVER

i dont think anyone could watch this without coming away with the feeling that meshuggah have a fucking great sense of humour.
meshuggas 'rare tracks' it has heaps of footage of the band just fucking around, so i dont think they take themselves as seriously as most people may think, particularly after hearing them only a few times.

Shaz
03-09-2006, 06:33 PM
That's cause you're an eight-yearold girlie-girl with a red dress and pigtails.

weak

Hannibal
03-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Tool should tour with someoen better then Messguah...they should tour with Nirvana.....

oh wait...

KJM
03-09-2006, 07:15 PM
But that's what I'm saying. I don't think anything with sound exactly like meshuggah. That's what I've said many times now.

whatev.

KJM
03-09-2006, 07:17 PM
btw that video is a joke, just in case you think they're serious--no one should have to point that out though, it's so obvious.

meshuggah rocks.

von satan
03-09-2006, 07:36 PM
meshuggah sucks arse...... first time poster....long time lurker

The Official Fiction
03-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Meshuggah are cool IMO.

Enjoy the music.

over.out.

Doylebag
03-10-2006, 05:41 AM
i really wanted to get into meshuggah after hearing their e.p., but i gota say im really disappointed. granted there really good musicians, but there stuff is sooo samey. theyve got a distinctive sound yea, but its all the same annoying shit. granted im basing this on the album 'nothing', so if anyone can recommend anythin that stands out let me know.

guns n roses are actually the worst band ever.

5th Eye
03-10-2006, 05:46 AM
guns n roses are actually the worst band ever..

Doylebag
03-10-2006, 05:51 AM

its true. its true.

Dredg
03-10-2006, 12:47 PM
i can pretty much hear extreme similarities between lateralus and destroy erase improve. you people just dont listen if you dont like meshuggah

dracomordag
03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
i can pretty much hear extreme similarities between lateralus and destroy erase improve. you people just dont listen if you dont like meshuggah

or maybe they just don't like meshuggah

it's a possibility.