PDA

View Full Version : Help an artist out~

x7 Lateralus 7x
03-07-2006, 02:48 PM
If I were to post what my amp sounds like here on TDN, could you guys tell me what I may need amp-wise/pedal-wise/etc... to make it sound more... studio like? Smoother, less painful? There is a quick example of what my distortion sounds like on my myspace, www.myspace.com/phosphorescence in the song "my life" towards the ending where it gets all loud.

Well someone help me out if you can, if a better example is needed please say so and I'll make a separate myspace with distorted, repeated power chords.

x7 Lateralus 7x
03-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Well? Anything?

paraflux
03-08-2006, 09:35 PM
That does sound kinda nasty but I cant really tell if it's the vocals or not. What do you have? First of all you gotta get a tuner. I apologize if you do have one. What are you recording on, etc.

x7 Lateralus 7x
03-10-2006, 06:50 AM
A tuner? Nah I don't need a tuner it's purely the sound that's not being projected so neatly. I use a Fender 25 Watt amp and that's about it, I'll give you the model name once I get home if that would help.

I use a recording program called Acid Techno- it's simple and doesn't really have shit for special effects though it's a mixer. I use audicity from time to time but that program lags so much after so many tracks... Acid is the only program I have that doesn't lag

But anyways yeah that's what I use, just a Fender 25 Watt, and Acid Techno. I record with a chatting microphone (rofl copter @ me) but I'm sure that's not the root of this little problem I have... or so I think.

paraflux
03-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Yes... you need a tuner. You are... out of tune with whatever else is going on.

And yeah, the root of your problem is your microphone. You have to at least get a Shure Beta SM-58. That's like, the lowest possible standard for halfway decent recording. That chatting mic is just not gonna cut it, never.