PDA

View Full Version : Is he talking about us?

MoreTool
03-06-2006, 12:09 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!
CHEERS to you, you beaut, from a bloody galah (who loves you more) and the entire Tool family. See you and Sash at the usual billabong with gift in hand and a toast of a drop or two of the old amber fluid. (Stellas, to be sure, but remind me to buy you one of Ruby’s Mind Erasers.)

Love, Blair

P.S.

As per our (lengthy) conversation last night, without mentioning the actual name (and certainly not the correct time), having checked out a certain website, I should tell you that I’ve been thinking about this for hours and still have not reached a decision (although I now have a clearer understanding of the situation and therefore shouldn’t ‘panic’ when it comes time to speak up). There’s some pretty interesting (unusual) stuff there, alright, but at this point all I can say is that the RGPOS is a must! (Did you notice that the ‘a’ is out of place – should be before the ‘o’, which I’m assuming is a typo?) The first thing they mentioned (on the list) is a possibility, but 40 of the little suckers seems a bit excessive (and there’s no point in pretending to be a vampire). Why does it always have to be so difficult? Oh well, when the time comes, I’ll just have a few libations and roll the proverbial dice. Because we’re all in this together, afterwards, I suppose it will be alright to kiss you happy birthday!

Blair sucks

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Woah. Was Blair just being cryptic?

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Hes talking about the title of the album. Thats pretty obvious.

Yes, hes making fun of us for actually believing it was going to be called "10,000 Days" (along with all the other ridiculous rumors we made up).

Thank god. Now we can all shut up about that fucking stupid title.

MoreTool
03-06-2006, 12:13 PM
what is RGPOS?

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 12:14 PM
what is RGPOS?
Its a programming thing.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-12,GGLD:en&q=RGPOS

thejesus
03-06-2006, 12:15 PM
This guy is out of his tree...

I wish the band would fire him and get a real webmaster who actually uses the website to provide information to fans instead of using it as his own personal blog

What a sad state of affairs...it's not even entertaining to read his nonsense...the whole news section should be taken off the site as this crap constitutes 90% of what we get there

MoreTool
03-06-2006, 12:18 PM
I guess he will read this so Blair i'm telling you : YOU SUCK!

flipmojo
03-06-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't think Blair is talking about the album title. I think he is talking about the launch of the new Tool website. Why would he "panic" about giving out the title of the new Tool album? He doesn't care that much about the title. He may "panic" because the website is changing and that directly affects him.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM

I wish the band would fire him and get a real webmaster who actually uses the website to provide information to fans instead of using it as his own personal blog

What a sad state of affairs...it's not even entertaining to read his nonsense...the whole news section should be taken off the site as this crap constitutes 90% of what we get there
But then we'd all be fuck-ed up-ed when tool had real news to divoldge. When i first started going to toolband.com i noticed it got updated once every few days, at that point i had never been to a bands website where the news was that frequent (granted its not always about tool but meh). Every other bands website just had news on their lates release, courtcase, lawsuit and was updated once every 6 months. The band looked dead to me.

My point: The news posts are there to give us that comfort and safe warm fuzzly feeling, which comes from knowing your band is still active and has not disconnected from its fans.

thejesus
03-06-2006, 12:25 PM
But then we'd all be fuck-ed up-ed when tool had real news to divoldge. When i first started going to toolband.com i noticed it got updated once every few days, at that point i had never been to a bands website where the news was that frequent (granted its not always about tool but meh). Every other bands website just had news on their lates release, courtcase, lawsuit and was updated once every 6 months. The band looked dead to me.

My point: The news posts are there to give us that comfort and safe warm fuzzly feeling, which comes from knowing your band is still active and has not disconnected from its fans.

uh huh...and Blair using the News section to wish happy birthday to 'Kat' has what exactly to do the band connecting to its fans?

waffel
03-06-2006, 12:28 PM
uh huh...and Blair using the News section to wish happy birthday to 'Kat' has what exactly to do the band connecting to its fans?

The 'PS' is longer then the 'happy birthday' message.

My guess is Blair has real problems getting any free ass, and has to use the website to 'impress' all his ladie/guy friends.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:28 PM
It gives a feeling of activity on their website, like someone is there. When ToolBand and ToolArmy is the only way we, as fans, can hear from the band you don't want a post every 6 months or so. If you did it would look dead, it would look like the band were not interested in communicating with their fans.

It's a psychological thing.

thejesus
03-06-2006, 12:36 PM
It gives a feeling of activity on their website, like someone is there. When ToolBand and ToolArmy is the only way we, as fans, can hear from the band you don't want a post every 6 months or so. If you did it would look dead, it would look like the band were not interested in communicating with their fans.

It's a psychological thing.

Well, I think he fails to provide any useful service whatsoever to the band or the fans...I really hope they don't pay him much $$$ to do what he does...

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Well, I think he fails to provide any useful service whatsoever to the band or the fans...I really hope they don't pay him much $$$ to do what he does...
He's gotta earn a fair few pennies. He never mentions another job, in fact the only thing other than tool that he seems to do is get drunk and go on the best damn holidays ever.

If you're looking for the best job in the world I think you can look him squarely in the eyes, call him a gimp, then stop looking.

noisetherapy
03-06-2006, 12:40 PM
is the PS related all of your wierd accusations about titles and whatnot. i hope you get your answers soon, you are all starting to go nuts on every word posted about tool. including the word 'the'.
that said, i too frequent this page, but intend to play a very low part in all the speculation. they could title the album hungry hungry hippos and i would still buy it.

Isac Khrondor
03-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Blair reminds me of when you're a little kid and you know something everyone else wants to know, but you don't tell them, just rub it in all the time and piss everyone off.

noisetherapy
03-06-2006, 12:47 PM
i bet tool hired him to teach them about more about magick and occult. he just so happened to have some web skills(at the time) as well. you'd be suprised who and what bands/rich/famous recruit as part of there so called entourage.

thejesus
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
is the PS related all of your wierd accusations about titles and whatnot. i hope you get your answers soon, you are all starting to go nuts on every word posted about tool. including the word 'the'.
that said, i too frequent this page, but intend to play a very low part in all the speculation. they could title the album hungry hungry hippos and i would still buy it.

personally, I don't think the PS has anything to do with the record or the band...I think he's just using the news section as his own personal blog now...this shit is getting out of hand...

I think I might start one of those online petitions to see if we can't get Tool to realize that Blair is bad for their business and fire his ass...he's just a sorry man who provides no useful service whatsoever

Wretched
03-06-2006, 12:49 PM
what is his shit about a and o being facked up, typo, what?

Hodge
03-06-2006, 12:49 PM
let him have his fun while he can

paraflux
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM
If they fired Blair I would be most disappointed. He is the only one I can think of who could entertain us during these long stretches of no Tool.

TurdEye13
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM
If they fired Blair I would be most disappointed. He is the only one I can think of who could entertain us during these long stretches of no Tool.

you sure got that right

Wretched
03-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Of course he is talking about us, why wouldn't he be, we are the centre of the universe afterall :P.

Oh and I like the old man.

TurdEye13
03-06-2006, 01:17 PM
yes

tentonmantra
03-06-2006, 01:26 PM
I´d still rather have some tool news than happy birthdays, last night i drank wine with the family, my new book is out, and all the other non-related tool stuff.

what´s the point of doing this? just to do the opposite of people expect? this is not sarcastic, this is stupid and childish.. IMHO.

of course, as usual, I´m wrong.

thejesus
03-06-2006, 01:27 PM

Perhaps you are just more easily amused than some...I don't find him the least bit amusing or entertaining...

thejesus
03-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I´d still rather have some tool news than happy birthdays, last night i drank wine with the family, my new book is out, and all the other non-related tool stuff.

what´s the point of doing this? just to do the opposite of people expect? this is not sarcastic, this is stupid and childish.. IMHO.

you and I are on the same page...

MoreTool
03-06-2006, 01:29 PM
agree

Staticfactory
03-06-2006, 01:39 PM
i bet tool hired him to teach them about more about magick and occult. he just so happened to have some web skills(at the time) as well. you'd be suprised who and what bands/rich/famous recruit as part of there so called entourage.

For some reason, I don't think Blair has any hand in the website creation/maintenance process. I think he's just the writer.

And Paraflux - I'm with you. I find him amusing and insightful.

thejesus
03-06-2006, 01:47 PM
For some reason, I don't think Blair has any hand in the website creation/maintenance process. I think he's just the writer.

And Paraflux - I'm with you. I find him amusing and insightful.

Are you kidding me? What in this last post of his did you find to be insightful?

Seriously...nobody knows what he's going on about half the time except him...what the hell good does that do the fans or the band?

You all act as though there are these clever coded messages within his ramblings that fans need to decode...but there aren't....he's just a clown with no skills and too much time on his hands

LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Blair is the man.

T-13h
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Are you kidding me? What in this last post of his did you find to be insightful?

Seriously...nobody knows what he's going on about half the time except him...what the hell good does that do the fans or the band?

You all act as though there are these clever coded messages within his ramblings that fans need to decode...but there aren't....he's just a clown with no skills and too much time on his hands

Kick out the J A M S .

Goldfoot
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM
He's one to talk about typos.

ATARI
03-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Everytime you think Blair is bad, go look at the APC official website.

Would you rather it have not been updated since February 05?

ATARI
03-06-2006, 02:12 PM
shit nevermind

my point failed because the website is BROKEN

evfain
03-06-2006, 02:17 PM

Blair will never be fired, he's too good of friends with the band and I'm sure they all get a kick out of what he does. Besides, I admit I kinda enjoy the rollercoaster...

EDIT: And thank God it isn't 10,000 Days

pryingopenmy3rdeye
03-06-2006, 06:13 PM

How can you be so sure?

ATARI
03-06-2006, 06:23 PM
he is a daywalker

Hannibal
03-06-2006, 06:51 PM
maybe he's wishing Kat Happy Birthday....

fripptronic
03-06-2006, 06:56 PM
i so hope it's still 10,000 days. just to piss you naysayers off.

you_lied
03-06-2006, 06:58 PM
maybe he's wishing Kat Happy Birthday....
thats to simple of an answer for some people here.

Liam
03-06-2006, 07:08 PM
he is a daywalker

"yuck, sick, gross!"

Khastra_KSC
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
he's not making fun of 10,000 fists ..... I mean, 10,000 days..... sorry.

insaner
03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
one things for sure, while blair may or may not know anyones name around here, every one of us knows his.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-06-2006, 08:41 PM

Yes because we all love Kat (apparently?).

T-13h
03-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Yes because we all love Kat (apparently?).

She gave you the album title (or not). Be grateful...

dilaudid
03-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I love blair because it's really funny to see people get pissed off at someone wishing someone else a happy birthday.

the only thing I don't really care for is the "VOLTO! LIVE!" posts (mostly because they're playing on the other fucking side of the country), but that's about it. sure, I'd like to see "here's an mp3 of the new single" instead of a birthday wish to someone I don't know, but them's the breaks, I guess.

LoKi
03-06-2006, 11:09 PM
paraflux is right.

watching everyone squirm over everything he posts... overanalyzing and so on... it's hilarious.

FuckJesus
03-07-2006, 04:15 AM
wow..

ArizonaBay
03-07-2006, 04:58 AM
Blair will never be fired hes too good at his job. Read through this thread again and tell me that he isnt. I still hate his guts though

Staticfactory
03-07-2006, 08:35 AM

I didn't say anything about his Toolband posts being insightful, let alone his 'last post'. My comment about him being amusing relates to his posts... mainly for the following reason:

watching everyone squirm over everything he posts... overanalyzing and so on... it's hilarious.

He definitely feeds on the intensely rabid nature of Tool fans. +1 to Loki.

It's his other, non-toolband articles that make him insightful. He's a very smart guy with a passion for outlandish subjects.

Say what you want about Mr. Blake - I think he's a champion of champions.

paraflux
03-07-2006, 08:36 AM
paraflux is right.

Careful, you will soon be accused of kissing my ass.
Blair will never be fired hes too good at his job. Read through this thread again and tell me that he isnt. I still hate his guts though

Exactly. He is supposed to be hated and I bet he loves it.

Mozeley
03-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Thats crap, he ain't talking about us at all. Once again people are reading too much into it. He's obviously talking about some form of new website, and he's directing it specifcally to whoever "Kat" is, the person to whom he wished Happy Birthday.

Myriad: Days To Come
03-07-2006, 09:04 AM
It is obviously about us. The formula is falling into place!

SpiralOutKeepGoing
03-07-2006, 11:49 AM
She gave you the album title (or not). Be grateful...

She did?

Staticfactory
03-07-2006, 10:09 PM
For some reason I felt compelled to read over this post again and have come to my own conclusion (which I would like to share.)

This post is just about a party (birthday or other). Mind you, he throws in the "Blair twist" by making it cryptic enough for Tool fans to wonder and decode, but it appears to be pretty clear now that I've followed the theme of it relating to a party and needs to prepare for it.

As per our (lengthy) conversation last night, without mentioning the actual name (and certainly not the correct time), having checked out a certain website, I should tell you that I’ve been thinking about this for hours and still have not reached a decision (although I now have a clearer understanding of the situation and therefore shouldn’t ‘panic’ when it comes time to speak up).

This first part is the only thing that makes me curious. He talks about the event as if it's a surprise... but if he's wishing happy b-day, it wouldn't make much sense for her to know about it. It IS a 'P.S', so it may be unrelated to the b-day wishing, which is what I figure. Regardless, it looks like it's a theme'd party (of some sort.. costume, black tie, whathaveyou) and he's looking for an outfit/costume? It appears as though he's supposed to speak at the party.

There’s some pretty interesting (unusual) stuff there, alright, but at this point all I can say is that the RGPOS is a must! (Did you notice that the ‘a’ is out of place – should be before the ‘o’, which I’m assuming is a typo?)

I gather that the site he's looking at has some crazy outfits for rent (costumes or not) and he simply points out a typo in a word... I can't think of a word (off the top of my head) that has 'a' directly before 'o' besides the word 'Tao'. Someone mentioned RGPOS was a technical term. Unless Blair is putting graphs on a website somewhere, I doubt it. I think it's an acronym for something related to the event. Knowing Blair... it's probably booze.

The first thing they mentioned (on the list) is a possibility, but 40 of the little suckers seems a bit excessive (and there’s no point in pretending to be a vampire). Why does it always have to be so difficult?

For some reason I want to think that this is some sort of role-playing party. Or, a theme'd party for a young (teenaged) 'goth' person. He mentions "40 of the little suckers" and proceeds to point out that "there's no point in pretending to be a vampire." All this says to me is that he's afraid of being surrounded by 40 little vampire-wannabes... especially considering they'll know he's not "one of them". Either that or he's choosing a costume and would rather not pretend to be a vampire. Regardless, it looks as though he's leaning towards the first outfit on the list.

Oh well, when the time comes, I’ll just have a few libations and roll the proverbial dice. Because we’re all in this together, afterwards, I suppose it will be alright to kiss you happy birthday!

...and he'll get drunk and just go with the flow. Then he'll try to make out with Kat.

So, in summary, it appears that he's just nervous about this gathering because he has to get all dressed up and, maybe, make a speech. Throw in a bit of the BMB "I'll fuck with your head any way I can" tendency, and there you have it.

Haha... maybe his side job is being a clown for children's parties! That would be too funny!

Flame me if you must.

Liam
03-07-2006, 10:25 PM
um, flame?
:-)

lachrymoIogy
03-07-2006, 10:53 PM
i think blair drinks man.

STA
03-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Blair has now posted a bunch of photos under his most recent post on Toolband. I can only assume they're from Kat's birthday party. What a nice gesture. Cheers, Blair.

Edit: Yeah, the photo with the "Happy Birthday, Kat" cake probably indicates they're from Kat's birthday party.

Salo
03-08-2006, 01:18 AM
I just love how much Blair pisses you off. You know you've succeeded at your job of provoking obsessed Tool fans when you've angered them enough to post hateful messages about you wishing a friend a happy birthday.

Get real, guys. Some of you talk like Tool is totally unaware of what he does and his purpose in posting blog like messages. No band hires anyone when they're clueless about his intentions.

Some of you need to get off the computer more often. Who gives a shit about what he posts? With the release of the new album looming over the horizon, we'll get all the news we need shortly. A band not only makes a record, they hype it. And all of you guys sitting here enraged over Happy Birthday posts, debating the title of the new record and over analyzing every single word shows them that they've affectively done their job. Can't have no successful albums if no one's talking about them, including critics and skeptics. They help sell the records as much as the band and label does.

UtUmNo1
03-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Perhaps you are just more easily amused than some...I don't find him the least bit amusing or entertaining...

Perhaps you are an emo cutter. I don't find your posts in the least bit entertaining.

Geedorah
03-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Some of you need to get off the computer more often. .

Surrender yourself to a 9-5 and you'll understand why Tool news matters so much. Not everyone on these boards is sitting at home just wasting time. We're sitting at work wasting time.

But since you claim to have heard the full cd already you can say pretty much anything you want.