PDA

View Full Version : according to rock sound magazine.

Pages : [1] 2

assailing eyes
03-06-2006, 10:22 AM
so my friend has a subscription to rocksound magazine, and she just got the new copy of it. she's a tool fan, and she new i'd be as interested as she was about this article they've written about them. it's like a two page spread with a massive photo of maynard and justin, with a small piece of writing. The article claims the title to be "ten thousand days", but also three of the albums track titles to be "ten thousand days", "lost keys" and "rosetta stoned". tbh, i didn't know what to make of it....so i just kinda thought i'd share it.

Ticks and Leeches
03-06-2006, 10:23 AM
have her scan the picture(s) and transcode the article

Nebel
03-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah, have her scan the article and post a transcript. If not, then I don't believe you/her, sorry.

Odibilëph
03-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Rosetta Stoned...

definitely a decoy.

STA
03-06-2006, 10:27 AM
so my friend has a subscription to rocksound magazine, and she just got the new copy of it. she's a tool fan, and she new i'd be as interested as she was about this article they've written about them. it's like a two page spread with a massive photo of maynard and justin, with a small piece of writing. The article claims the title to be "ten thousand days", but also three of the albums track titles to be "ten thousand days", "lost keys" and "rosetta stoned". tbh, i didn't know what to make of it....so i just kinda thought i'd share it.

The Rock Sound website doesn't mention anything about Tool being in their latest issue.

http://www.rock-sound.net/current_issue.php?issue_id=102

My God, if, after all the debate, LK ended up standing for "Lost Keys"...

plexus
03-06-2006, 10:27 AM
ahahahahahaha. rosetta stoned.

Nebel
03-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't believe him, Rosetta Stoned and Lost Keys are absolutely absurd titles.

Ticks and Leeches
03-06-2006, 10:30 AM
rosetta stoned does seem fake, rosetta stone the program for language keeps coming to mind

Andorion
03-06-2006, 10:30 AM
if you get rosetta stoned maybe you might lost keys no? brilliant.

STA
03-06-2006, 10:32 AM
rosetta stoned does seem fake, rosetta stone the program for language keeps coming to mind

Yeah, or, you know, the actual Rosetta Stone.

Nebel
03-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Lost Keys, where Maynard writes about the trauma of losing his car keys..

researchtriangle
03-06-2006, 10:45 AM
this is getting funny

assailing eyes
03-06-2006, 10:45 AM
right, here's the best pic from a bunch she just sent me...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/assailing_eyes/frogmetalpioneers.jpg

Ticks and Leeches
03-06-2006, 10:46 AM

like the bit stephen lynch does with billy corgan

STA
03-06-2006, 10:47 AM

Can you show us the part where it mentions the album title and track listing?

hanger25934
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I don't believe him, Rosetta Stoned and Lost Keys are absolutely absurd titles.

Tool would never do something stupid like that with cool titles like " hooker with a penis" " Prison Sex" and " Message To Harry Manback ". just a thought

edit: ....tell me justin isn't " rosetta stoned" in that photo. lol

Nebel
I can't see crap...

T-13h

Owned.

assailing eyes
03-06-2006, 10:49 AM
you want the paragraph? well here you go then......

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/assailing_eyes/tewl.jpg

hanger25934
03-06-2006, 10:51 AM
thanks. i lost my keys

Nebel
03-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Umm... wow... Thanks for that

STA
03-06-2006, 10:53 AM

Cheers, mate. Well done.

It says the album title is tentative; no surprise there, I suppose. "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)"? Any thoughts at all?

amitface
03-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Can you show us the part where it mentions the album title and track listing?

Straining my eyes, I was able to make out "Ten Thousand Days" and "Rosetta Stoned."

"Ten Thousand Days" at the end of the fourth line of small text, and the word "Rosetta" at the end of the 12th.

Edit: Too late, nevermind

STA
03-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Note that it also gives a UK release date of 1 May.

assailing eyes
Cheers, mate. Well done.

It says the album title is tentative; no surprise there, I suppose. "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)"? Any thoughts at all?

to be honest im not sure what to think, because i don't even know if i believe this tracklisting. i'm wondering why they'd only mention two titles apart from ten thousand days, but maybe thats just them teasing or whatever.

Madklikor

Remember it's an album about frustration.

"Lost keys (Blame Hofmann)"? It's the new Poppy the clown, great! Is Hofmann the inventor of LSD? Lol.

But Maynard says it's NOT a political album, at least not in an obvious/Green day way.

STA
03-06-2006, 10:59 AM
to be honest im not sure what to think, because i don't even know if i believe this tracklisting. i'm wondering why they'd only mention two titles apart from ten thousand days, but maybe thats just them teasing or whatever.

Yeah...plus wasn't there supposed to be an information "embargo" until 9 March? Or was that just speculation / Andy King?

REVMJK4EVER
03-06-2006, 11:00 AM
It's real. I'm excited. They are pretty good titles.

Madklikor
Yeah...plus wasn't there supposed to be an information "embargo" until 9 March? Or was that just speculation / Andy King?

Maybe it was an embargo on the reviews and the music itself. The article doesn't say anything about the music.

stattica
Cheers, mate. Well done.

most likely something that has to do with lsd

hanger25934
03-06-2006, 11:01 AM
all you people who are worried about song titles are wasting time and thought. i was fortunate enough to hear the album . and i promise it will own the fucking scene.

millermt
03-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Cheers, mate. Well done.

Well, not sure if it's a real title or just a working title or just total BS, but Hofmann would be referring to Albert Hofmann, the chemist who first synthesized LSD.

Staticfactory
03-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Interesting find. I'm not sure what I think about it though. If anything, I can see the band screwing with reporters at this point, considering how rabid everyone is being about obtaining titles and such. A nice big 'fuck you too'.

s ti N Kfizt
03-06-2006, 11:03 AM
thanks for the pics and news.... fake names i guess, who cares... or i don't care.

lllllllallallalalla

assailing eyes
03-06-2006, 11:04 AM

yeah there was, but i didnt know when it was supposed to be until. IF "lost keys" is a real title, it reminds me of LAMC, as someone said above, it could jokingly be about frustration. I'm still very skeptical about all this though.

Madklikor
03-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Two songs about drugs... aren't they supposed to have grown up? It can't be real titles. They are obvious jokes. I hope the album isn't a joke. But these titles are funny.

STA
03-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, not sure if it's a real title or just a working title or just total BS, but Hofmann would be referring to Albert Hofmann, the chemist who first synthesized LSD.

Ah. Well, that's...juvenile.

not_okay
03-06-2006, 11:14 AM
if rocksound talked only to maynard and justin and if justin was as stoned as he obviously is in this pic then my guess is they were just fooling around with those brits, i mean c'mon, rosetta stoned? lost keys? this is a joke worthy of maynard.... then again i might be wrong....

millermt
03-06-2006, 11:15 AM
if rocksound talked only to maynard and justin and if justin was as stoned as he obviously is in this pic then my guess is they were just fooling around with those brits, i mean c'mon, rosetta stoned? lost keys? this is a joke worthy of maynard.... then again i might be wrong....

My personal opinion is that those were the working titles.

hanger25934
you are wrong.

gerbil
Abbie Hoffman.

spiralion
03-06-2006, 11:16 AM

"Tentavely" titled

rochey-o
03-06-2006, 11:18 AM
haha wtf

spiralion
03-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Lol, Justin is funny!

assailing eyes
03-06-2006, 11:19 AM
"Tentavely" titled

sorry?

spiralion
03-06-2006, 11:20 AM
sorry?Not directed at you, I just noticed that word in the article. I've been awake too long but I believe that that means it could change.

Great find though.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 11:20 AM
"Tentavely" titled
wow your right so it *MIGHT* change.

Cid
03-06-2006, 11:21 AM
totally a joke....lost keys?!?! HAHAHA

STA
03-06-2006, 11:22 AM
"Tentavely" titled

Um, that's been mentioned. But the article also states that the track titles are "confirmed". I don't think we should give too much weight to either description.

amitface
03-06-2006, 11:22 AM
wow your right so it *MIGHT* change.

Perhaps it was tentatively titled at the time of the interview. Blair mentioned that the art was getting printed, so assuming Blair told the truth, it probably will not change.

Of course, this is assuming Blair told the truth.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Perhaps it was tentatively titled at the time of the interview. Blair mentioned that the art was getting printed, so assuming Blair told the truth, it probably will not change.

ya I guess, like I said many times before, we have to wait and see.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Trust Tool to fuck with the media, MJK's balls must be as big as footballs to do that. How can you keep a straight face when telling someone that a track on your 77 minute long epic new album thats been 5 years in the making is... Lost Keys or even better Rossetta Stoned.

I think Tool just owned every single smiley glad-hand in that oganisation :-)

millermt
03-06-2006, 11:25 AM

Blair isn't necessarily the person who posted that message.

psims23
03-06-2006, 11:27 AM
No idea what the lyrics of the song are but I bet "Rosetta Stoned" is referring to the actual physical activity of being stoned.. as in stones being thrown at you, not as in blazing, bongs, brownies

spiralion
03-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Blair isn't necessarily the person who posted that message.His "BMB" signature isn't on it.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Blair isn't necessarily the person who posted that message.
Some guy on ToolArmy just proved it was him (At least someone logged in as him)

Teh Link (http://www.toolarmy.com/messageboard/index.php?z=anastomosis&ID=903343)

Source code inconsistency
Thought you guys might find this interesting, although it's probably worth about as much as you paid for it but....

If you view the source code for the news/Dogma and Doctrine page then you can see the post id's and the author for each bit of news that's been posted. We can now verify that Blair was indeed the one who posted this info (even though the usual purple 'BMB' is no where to be found).

But the interesting part (to me) is that while previous posts id's have been incrementing by 1 the post after the one mentioning the album title has a gap in sequence equal to 29.

Queue X-Files theme song....

@ out...
Stinkfist

orange.juice
03-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Although i have my doubts these track titles are true, i would like them, really.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
03-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Some guy on ToolArmy just proved it was him (At least someone logged in as him)

Teh Link (http://www.toolarmy.com/messageboard/index.php?z=anastomosis&ID=903343)
I hate to burst your bubble, but those in here without memberships will not be able to view that.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but those in here without memberships will not be able to view that.
HENCE! The quote at the bottom :P The link was for anyone stupid enough to of bought a TA membership...

*hangs head in shame*

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Rosetta Stoned...

definitely a decoy.

"Hooker with a penis...

definitely a decoy"

KILL_CLOWNS
03-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Thats a good article, I'm even more excited to hear the new album. I don't like the track names though, real or not. But I guess that it doesn't matter, the songs will most definately rock.

SpiralOutKeepGoing
Lost Keys was probably the joke that Obelisong (sp?) was talking about he knew they tentatively titled it that and had a litle giggle.

Bogart
all you people who are worried about song titles are wasting time and thought. i was fortunate enough to hear the album . and i promise it will own the fucking scene.

You didn't hear the new album...

Nebel
03-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Can I have a pic of the rest of them please? Is it only Justin?

champion
03-06-2006, 12:01 PM
This could definitely be another Systema Encephale.

bluefire
03-06-2006, 12:01 PM
good find, man.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Good find, well, to scan the interview.

Thus so far those titles seem the most legit ones yet.

'ten thousand days'
'rosetta stoned'
'lost keys'

Now, you wikipedia wizards, go find a connection.
well the rosetta stone, is somewhat a key to used for the decyphering of lost and ancient forms of written language.

orange.juice
03-06-2006, 12:04 PM
I will laugh my ass off if this is real.

If it´s just another Systema Encephale, come on, where´s the fun?

Valediction
03-06-2006, 12:06 PM
It's obvious after the shennanigans about the album/track titles that no one will believe them until they're fully confirmed and maybe not even until the album is in hand, but I think that they're alot more down to earth and promising sounding than the crap Lateralus knock-off titles and other junk that was posted. Luminesce Kaon indeed. Laiad Kayennth ? wow. Lost Keys is a just a tad better song title, IMO.

I'm excited, I think the new album is going to be better than Lateralus. All you prog dorks, get ready to be dissapointed.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:06 PM
well the rosetta stone, is somewhat a key to used for the decyphering of lost and ancient forms of written language.
So perhaps the Rossetta Stoned and Lost Keys tittles were really pertaining to the name or content of one track? First read they come off comicle, but if you look deeper (Like every tool fan should) maybe there is a link or more info.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 12:07 PM
The Rosetta Stone was a long Lost Key that took just short of 10,000 days to decode!

Ba-Zing!

STA
03-06-2006, 12:08 PM
The Rosetta Stone was a long Lost Key that took just short of 10,000 days to decode!

Ba-Zing!

Oh my God, that is absolutely correct.

orange.juice
I'm excited, I think the new album is going to be better than Lateralus. All you prog dorks, get ready to be dissapointed.

Cucumber_11

Ba-Zing!
Google?

Attila
03-06-2006, 12:09 PM
If these are the new titles I'm definately excited. I think they are catchy and knowing Tool all of us will love this album no matter what. I think we are looking about it the wrong way and the titles will bring an unexpected meaning when we hear the music.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 12:09 PM
I just realized in scientific notation a Myriad (10000) is written as 10 to the power of 4. "10-4" doesn't that also mean affirmative?

STA
03-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Google?

You can't possibly need Google to know that what he's saying is accurate. I think Boozy is on to something here. If anything, this suggests that this is a hoax.

mike09
03-06-2006, 12:10 PM
To me, Lost Keys is just Tool making fun of well, us. All their die hard fans speculating for months what LK stands for. 10,000 bucks says these song titles and the album title are fake.

mike tyson
03-06-2006, 12:11 PM
They said it's not Lateralus II so these titles may be the real deal.

mike09
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Or they may be fake.

flipmojo
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Here is the article transcribed:

Rock Sound (UK Magazine)

DEEPER THAN EVER
New Tool Album to Push Things Even Further Forward

Prog-metal pioneers Tool are gearing up to make their long-awaited return with their fourth full studio album, which is tentatively titled “Ten Thousand Days”. Due for release via Sony BMG on May 1, the 11 tracks featured represent the first new material to come from the LA quartet since 2001’s now legendary ‘Lateralus’, and herald a heavier direction for the band. Although the album was self-produced, Tool enlisted the recording know-how of Joe Baresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins) to aid them, and have confirmed track titles including “Rosetta Stoned”, “Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)” and “Ten Thousand Days”.

Speaking to Rock Sound, bassist Justin Chancellor explained that Baresi was instrumental in helping the band achieve a new level of sonic power; “Because he’s such a guitar-minded person, he really helped us achieve something we haven’t been able to up to now in terms of our sound. At first it was a bit of a trip when we first started to mix it. We had to get our head around doing it in a different way. But we quickly understood why Joe was doing what he was doing, and how it was helping us get better. It’s not just an overload of guitars though – he’s given each instrument its own space to exist and I think that gives the album an overall depth that was missing from the last one.”

Meanwhile, frontman Maynard James Keenan was unapologetic about the band’s long absence: “Clearly if I hadn’t been away with A Perfect Circle, it would have come out sooner, but it’s a complex record that needed time to come together and to solidify. I didn’t want to subject Tool to that pressure that a lot of bands put on themselves to get an album out quickly to keep everyone interested. For a band that makes the kind of music we do, it’s never going to be beneficial.”

Given Keenan’s pre-Tool career as an American solider, the album inevitably features a lyrical preoccupation with the much-debated intervention of Western forces in Iraq and the subsequent fallout, but the vocalist insisted that the new album will not see Tool climbing on to a political soapbox.

“There’s not very much use for sloganeering when dealing with something as complicated as this, so there’s no question about the album being simplified in the way that bands like Green Day have (done things). I’ve tried to employ a more emotional, cerebral element to the things I’ve seen in recent times and the idea of that is to initiate thought rather than aimlessly waving a fist. The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

The band have been confirmed as one of the headlining acts for this year’s Download Festival, and will play a London date around the same time.

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Ehhe I just pulled that out of my ass.

I really have no idea how long it took to decode.

orange.juice
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
^ nice job!

was thinking of doing that, but lazy....

Cid
03-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Here is the article transcribed:

Rock Sound (UK Magazine)

DEEPER THAN EVER
New Tool Album to Push Things Even Further Forward

Prog-metal pioneers Tool are gearing up to make their long-awaited return with their fourth full studio album, which is tentatively titled “Ten Thousand Days”. Due for release via Sony BMG on May 1, the 11 tracks featured represent the first new material to come from the LA quartet since 2001’s now legendary ‘Lateralus’, and herald a heavier direction for the band. Although the album was self-produced, Tool enlisted the recording know-how of Joe Baresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins) to aid them, and have confirmed track titles including “Rosetta Stoned”, “Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)” and “Ten Thousand Days”.

Speaking to Rock Sound, bassist Justin Chancellor explained that Baresi was instrumental in helping the band achieve a new level of sonic power; “Because he’s such a guitar-minded person, he really helped us achieve something we haven’t been able to up to now in terms of our sound. At first it was a bit of a trip when we first started to mix it. We had to get our head around doing it in a different way. But we quickly understood why Joe was doing what he was doing, and how it was helping us get better. It’s not just an overload of guitars though – he’s given each instrument its own space to exist and I think that gives the album an overall depth that was missing from the last one.”

Meanwhile, frontman Maynard James Keenan was unapologetic about the band’s long absence: “Clearly if I hadn’t been away with A Perfect Circle, it would have come out sooner, but it’s a complex record that needed time to come together and to solidify. I didn’t want to subject Tool to that pressure that a lot of bands put on themselves to get an album out quickly to keep everyone interested. For a band that makes the kind of music we do, it’s never going to be beneficial.”

Given Keenan’s pre-Tool career as an American solider, the album inevitably features a lyrical preoccupation with the much-debated intervention of Western forces in Iraq and the subsequent fallout, but the vocalist insisted that the new album will not see Tool climbing on to a political soapbox.

“There’s not very much use for sloganeering when dealing with something as complicated as this, so there’s no question about the album being simplified in the way that bands like Green Day have (done things). I’ve tried to employ a more emotional, cerebral element to the things I’ve seen in recent times and the idea of that is to initiate thought rather than aimlessly waving a fist. The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

The band have been confirmed as one of the headlining acts for this year’s Download Festival, and will play a London date around the same time.

typo....it's "Blame Hofmann" not "Blame Hoffman"....Albert Hofmann spells it with two n's at the end and one f. As opposed to Abbie Hoffman which uses two f's and one n.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 12:20 PM

Ba-Zing!
nice I couldn't find a connection there and you did it.

flipmojo
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM
typo....it's "Blame Hofmann" not "Blame Hoffman"....Albert Hofmann spells it with two n's at the end and one f. As opposed to Abbie Hoffman which uses two f's and one n.

LOL. This is hilarious. I will fix it. But I have four letters for you... A N A L.

champion
03-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm not going to completely believe anything that's said as of now. I'll bring up again that prior to Lateralus, magazines were advertising Tool's new album "Systema Encephale." I think Tool is aware that people are hounding for titles and whatnot, so they may be throwing people off until the end, when they announce everything definitely.

But this article is good. I like what is said about the direction of the new album, and I believe that, in all likelihood, the titles are real, but tentative, which is why the band is comfortable with throwing them out into the open.

mike tyson
GREEN DAY INFLUENCE WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

STA

I just vomited a little in my mouth. I really did.

Cid
LOL. This is hilarious. I will fix it. But I have four letters for you... A N A L.

HAHA...just pointing it out for the people that are going to look into more "deeply" or whatever. i think these are fake, but the article says "Hofmann" which no one would want to confuse with "Hoffman" in this situation :)

champion
03-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Didn't Blair say the artwork for the new album would be leaked like a week ago?

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 12:24 PM
GREEN DAY INFLUENCE WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
rather I think he is mocking Green Day.

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh take a joke for christ's sake.

skizzott
03-06-2006, 12:33 PM
In my search for Rosetta Stone, it states that it was found in 1799 and deciphered in 1822. A bit short of 10,000 days, so I don't think those two things are tied together, but thats just my opinion.

zenkinet
03-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Oh take a joke for christ's sake.
you talkin' to me?
lol, i know it was a joke, geeze you know it's called sarcasm :P

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Well i'll be damned. I should pull stuff out of my ass more often.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Well i'll be damned. I should pull stuff out of my ass more often.
Why don't you just let me?

1799 - 1822 is 23 years, that is a huge way off of Ten Thousand Days, which i believe is just over 27 years. Hence skizzott being right and boozy nearly being the luckiest mo-fo in town, a guess craking a tool album? Psh-sure.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 12:47 PM
I hate this album title. I hate those track titles. I hate everyone that believes they are the final titles. I especially hate people who actually LIKE this bullshit.

This is crap. Period. Stop sucking Tool's dick and realize how horrible this sounds.

I especially hate Maynard for saying this:

Clearly if I hadn’t been away with A Perfect Circle, it would have come out sooner, but it’s a complex record that needed time to come together and to solidify. I didn’t want to subject Tool to that pressure that a lot of bands put on themselves to get an album out quickly to keep everyone interested. For a band that makes the kind of music we do, it’s never going to be beneficial.”
What an egotistical asshole. Fuck him.

Fuck everything about this "new album".

If any of this crap is true, I'm not buying it.

STA
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
www.rosettastoned.com

Someone do that magic thing you do when you get us all the information about a website.

orange.juice
03-06-2006, 12:49 PM
You DID like Livide, didn´t you Oce?

STA
03-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I hate this album title. I hate those track titles. I hate everyone that believes they are the final titles. I especially hate people who actually LIKE this bullshit.

This is crap. Period. Stop sucking Tool's dick and realize how horrible this sounds.

I couldn't agree more. I also find this:

"The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

. . . to be thoroughly obnoxious.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Livide had a name that didn't suck, and was slightly catchy.

This stuff is just bullshit. Total. Fucking. Bullshit.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I couldn't agree more. I also find this:

"The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

. . . to be thoroughly obnoxious.
Thank you. I thought I was the only one...

I'm tired of Tool. I don't think I'm gonna get the new album, even if these aren't the new titles.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I just like Tools music. I don't fucking care if Maynard is an ego whore or if Justin gets stoned alot. They make good music. So fuck it, and fuck you complaining bitches.

Nebel
03-06-2006, 12:53 PM

Oh shut the fuck up, so what if people like it or believe any of this? What the hell has it got to do with you? Considering you listen to Tool, shouldn't you be inclined into thinking that we're all alowed to have our opinion and express them in ways that we want to. I don't need a fucking asshole like you coming to tell us that you "hate" us for liking this. Go ahead, if it's true, I'll laugh in your face. Don't buy the new album, I however well, and I'm gonna love every second of it.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:58 PM
No no no, YOU shut the fuck up. Stop pretending you like this title or those album names. They are bad. Period.

Nobody likes you. Go crawl in a hole and die.
*administers a chill pill*

Does someone want a back rub?

Obviously tools marketing stratergy is having some negative effects with their fan base, this is not good, i hope they learn from this lesson.

bluefire
haha, ocelots on the rag.

The names aren't what I expected, I guess they could be better. They are just names, you know.

zenkinet
if its being released May 1st, when do you think preorders will start?

dissonance19
All Maynard said was that the record wouldn't have been as good as it could have been if they did it sooner rather than later like other bands. And how APC was just a natural distraction that allowed it to happen.

I see NOTHING wrong in that. And no that's not me sucking TOOL or Maynard's dick. It's just not a big deal at all.

And yes, these titles suck but who gives a shit? They're probably NOT real anyway.

Cid
www.rosettastoned.com

Someone do that magic thing you do when you get us all the information about a website.

Registrant:
Danielle Roter
11558 Huston St
North Hollywood, California 91601
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: ROSETTASTONED.COM
Created on: 28-Dec-05
Expires on: 28-Dec-07
Las Updated on: 28-Dec-05

Administrative Contact:
Danielle Roter [email protected]
11558 Huston St
United States
(818) 506-0318

Technical Contact:
Danielle Roter [email protected]
11558 Huston St
United States
(818) 506-0318

Nebel
03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
When did I say, or anyone else say that they thought Tool were the best band in the world? You're just being ignorant and immature. I don't give a shit if you think our opinions suck, don't buy the fucking album, you don't deserve it.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I like how you are complaining (and threatening not to buy) an album you haven't even heard. I thought it was about the MUSIC not the imagie. Just shut up dood. So what if you hate the album name, the title of the songs, or what the band says? Is it not suppose to be about the music? Is that not what matters, not whether or not you like the band PERSONALLY?

I think everyone should cool the fuck down and stop bitching about some words. It's just a god damn title. Might even be fake. Everyone knows how Maynard plays the media (He called Jesus a chump to MTV for fucksake). If the album sucks, bitch all the god damn hell you want.

BUT WAIT TO HEAR THE FUCKING THING.

Andorion
03-06-2006, 01:03 PM
e: too late.

STA
03-06-2006, 01:03 PM
I'll respect your opinion when it stops sucking. Until then, you and all the rest of the people who like this are little irritating fanbois who think Tool is the best band in the world.

To be honest, I DO think Tool is the best band in the world, but I still agree with Ocelot here. That Rock Sound interview is atrocious. If it actually does reflect Maynard's attitude going into making the new album, then there's a very good chance that it also reflects what the new album will sound like, or will be about. In fact, I think that's precisely what Maynard is telling us. Sure, he mentions that the album is not going to be used as a political soapbox, but let's step back and look and what we've heard (allegedly) from the band about this new album. At the very least, they've been using the new album as a way to get their political views published in bad rock magazines. Using Rock Sound as a soapbox is almost sadder than using the new album as one.

assailing eyes
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Can I have a pic of the rest of them please? Is it only Justin?
the left hand page was just a massive picture of maynard, but my friend isnt online anymore to ask for a picture

good find, man.
i'm not a man LOL, but cheers.

STA
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Cheers to Cid and Andorion for that. So www.rosettastoned.com was registered back in December? Is that right?

Lateral Undertow
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
This is why Tool wants to keep everything under wraps. Inevitably there are going to be people that judge the album by the title or track listing, then they are going to have expectations one way or the other before the music is even released.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Cheers to Cid and Andorion for that. So www.rosettastoned.com was registered back in December? Is that right?

Then again Lostkeys.com is not registered.

researchtriangle
03-06-2006, 01:07 PM
tool have such a great sense of humor. this is all bullshit

Andorion
03-06-2006, 01:08 PM

yeah it is:

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: LOSTKEYS.COM
Registrar: DOMAINDISCOVER
Whois Server: whois.domaindiscover.com
Referral URL: http://www.domaindiscover.com
Name Server: DNS1.MIGHTYNET.COM
Name Server: DNS2.MIGHTYNET.COM
Updated Date: 21-nov-2003
Creation Date: 29-jul-1996
Expiration Date: 28-jul-2011

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 02:36:45 EST <<<
NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

Nebel
Everything has to be bullshit? I don't get alot of you, anything that they say HAS to be bullshit merely because you don't like it or you don't agree with it. Well TOUGH, it's not your album, it's their album.

Cid

it's registered, but by a different person.

TurdEye13
03-06-2006, 01:10 PM
tool have such a great sense of humor. this is all bullshit

It is. The new album name will be "real" when they give us a release date to match it.

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Everything has to be bullshit? I don't get alot of you, anything that they say HAS to be bullshit merely because you don't like it or you don't agree with it. Well TOUGH, it's not your album, it's their album.
We learn from the past. We (the fans) have been fucked with before so we've learnt to be sceptical of the majority of information spewed forth from Blairs scrot. We only trust information if its incrypted, sadly we lack the cranial capacity to decipher any incyption put forward so we're stuffed on both accounts.

researchtriangle
03-06-2006, 01:12 PM
"Hooker with a penis...

definitely a decoy"

good point

dissonance19
03-06-2006, 01:13 PM
all it is, is just words in a magazine. don't want to buy it because of titles or track names or cuz of what they said in an interview as sad as that sounds, then download it. then if the words or music aren't to your liking don't buy it.

or you can buy it... if you like it , you like it. if not don't listen to it. who cares? if people are irritating fanbois to you for liking the titles (and i hate them myself), you sound like one bitching about album titles not being to your liking and how you won't buy an album cuz of it.

Nebel
03-06-2006, 01:14 PM
We learn from the past. We (the fans) have been fucked with before so we've learnt to be sceptical of the majority of information spewed forth from Blairs scrot. We only trust information if its incrypted, sadly we lack the cranial capacity to decipher any incyption put forward so we're stuffed on both accounts.

Except this isn't from Blair, yes, the titles and so forth could be bullshit, but what makes people think the things they say are bullshit? So what if they have a different stance this time around..

Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Maynard has been known to be a great bigger fucker in the past, so to speak.

He's had his share of disinformation.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 01:17 PM
yeah it is:

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: LOSTKEYS.COM
Registrar: DOMAINDISCOVER
Whois Server: whois.domaindiscover.com
Referral URL: http://www.domaindiscover.com
Name Server: DNS1.MIGHTYNET.COM
Name Server: DNS2.MIGHTYNET.COM
Updated Date: 21-nov-2003
Creation Date: 29-jul-1996
Expiration Date: 28-jul-2011

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 02:36:45 EST <<<
NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

I get an error trying to go to it.

Fourth Part Of A Circle
03-06-2006, 01:17 PM
An interesting "Lost Keys" tangent:

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/the_lost_key_of_freemasonry.htm

assailing eyes
03-06-2006, 01:18 PM
to all the guys arguing, this is so you right now...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OzYvh_sbUz8

=]

Cid
03-06-2006, 01:25 PM
I get an error trying to go to it.

it can be registered but not hosted anywhere, which is why you can't get to it. there's no content associated with it right now.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 01:27 PM
It has everything to do with that. Their image is directly related to their outlook on life, which in turn directly affects their music. If they're acting pretentious and preachy as fuck (as maynard is in that interview), my guess is the new album is going to reflect that.

idiot.

Then again, let us look back on other interviews with Tool where they openly trashed other bands, religion, people, and other types of people. This has never affected their music. Tool have always been like this, you should hear some of the shit Maynard spews before songs like Lateralus. All this preachy, "see you on the otherside" and "We're going to have intelliengt fun, unlike the fun you have with Limp Bizkit, we know you guys are smarter than that." crap.

They have NOT let us down yet. You just need to hear the album before you make a judgement like yours.

Stop fretting about the album.

STA
03-06-2006, 01:28 PM
it can be registered but not hosted anywhere, which is why you can't get to it. there's no content associated with it right now.

I like how Cid's legitimately researched, well-reasoned posts are interspersed among our childish bickerings.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I like how Cid's legitimately researched, well-reasoned posts are interspersed among our childish bickerings.

I know, but that is the fun of this place. You can say something that is smart as hell and it'll never be quoted or really awknowledged. But people do read them.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Then again, let us look back on other interviews with Tool where they openly trashed other bands, religion, people, and other types of people. This has never affected their music. Tool have always been like this, you should hear some of the shit Maynard spews before songs like Lateralus. All this preachy, "see you on the otherside" and "We're going to have intelliengt fun, unlike the fun you have with Limp Bizkit, we know you guys are smarter than that." crap.

They have NOT let us down yet. You just need to hear the album before you make a judgement like yours.

Stop fretting about the album.
What about:

Opiate
Swamp Song
Disgustipated
Eulogy
Hooker With a Penis
Aenema
Ticks and Leeches

?

Yeah, they are totally unaffected by what they believe. Totally.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 01:36 PM
What about:

Opiate
Swamp Song
Disgustipated
Eulogy
Hooker With a Penis
Aenema
Ticks and Leeches

?

Yeah, they are totally unaffected by what they believe. Totally.

Besides disgustipated, all of those songs are pretty good. I never said they aren't affected by what they believe. What I said was that they have ALWAYS talked shit like they are doing now.

Oh and whether or not Nebel thinks the album will be good has no corrolation to what he thinks of the titles. The titles may suck, but the music will more then likely be good (based solely on what they have produced before with shitty track titles).

Cid
03-06-2006, 01:38 PM

haha..well, i just wanted to respond to a question/post that is worth responding to. there's no sense arguing about a piece of music that no one but the band and a few others knows anything about at the moment. i think the titles are most likely fake, but it's possible that i'm wrong. but i really don't care...the music will speak for itself, i'm sure of that.

Nebel
03-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Just shut up about how awsome you think the new albums going to be, and admit those titles are retarded as fuck. Please.

I didn't say I liked them, didn't you see in my earlier post that I said they were "absurd". Everybody is entited to their opinion, it doesn't matter if someone likes them, and it doesn't matter if you don't like the fact they don't like them. I'm sorry for attacking you but I for one I'm gonna purchasing this album even if it has a retarded name.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 01:45 PM
I haven't said they were good. I said 10,000 days is good though. I still think it is. It is called an opinon, live with it.
One more goddamn day when I know what I want and what I want will be delivered tonight (ah ah). Delivered tonight! (ah ah)

Pleasure fused with pain this giant of the night will make you quiver tonight (ah ah). Quiver tonight! (ah ah)

People can't no longer cover their eyes! If this Disturbs you then walk away.... you will remember the night you were struck by the site of... TEN THOUSAND FISTS IN THE AIR!!!!

Awsome. Tool took their name from Disturbed. Thats so rad.

My point was that the titles mean nothing, they are just titles, the music is what matters.
They mean something. "Yeah, Tool's new album 'dirty AIDS dominated buttsecks' just came out, its fucking awsome!!!!"

10,000 days sounds retarded. I am not proud to say that kind of name to people when discussing music I like. If you are, good for you... you like nu metal.

Also if it isn't ruining your life, then stop acting like it is with your insults and freaking out.
Whats so different about me freaking out hating this bullshit and Nebel and his like freaking out about how awsome its going to be? Both of them are annoying as fuck.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 01:46 PM
I didn't say I liked them, didn't you see in my earlier post that I said they were "absurd". Everybody is entited to their opinion, it doesn't matter if someone likes them, and it doesn't matter if you don't like the fact they don't like them. I'm sorry for attacking you but I for one I'm gonna purchasing this album even if it has a retarded name.
Thats the only thing I've been talking about the entire time.

So we agree.

Good job.

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 01:47 PM
A third of the old titles are retarded as fuck. Do you not listen to them?

Wretched
One more goddamn day when I know what I want and what I want will be delivered tonight (ah ah). Delivered tonight! (ah ah)

Pleasure fused with pain this giant of the night will make you quiver tonight (ah ah). Quiver tonight! (ah ah)

People can't no longer cover their eyes! If this Disturbs you then walk away.... you will remember the night you were struck by the site of... TEN THOUSAND FISTS IN THE AIR!!!!

Awsome. Tool took their name from Disturbed. Thats so rad.

They mean something. "Yeah, Tool's new album 'dirty AIDS dominated buttsecks' just came out, its fucking awsome!!!!"

10,000 fists sounds retarded. I am not proud to say that kind of name to people when discussing music I like. If you are, good for you... you like nu metal.

Whats so different about me freaking out hating this bullshit and Nebel and his like freaking out about how awsome its going to be? Both of them are annoying as fuck.

First and foremost, I do not associate myself with Nebel.

Second and mostmost, some guy told us to stop bitching, and he is the boss, and I plan to listen to the boss.

Bye bye boo boo.

Nebel
Thats the only thing I've been talking about the entire time.

So we agree.

Good job.

I didn't say I thought the album title was retarded, 10,000 Days is a fine title, the titles like Rosetta Stoned and Lost Keys are crap, but that's not stopping me from buying the album. I just don't think anybody has the right to come here and saying they hate everyone for liking something. It's only a forum.

Zhelives
03-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Just shut up about how awsome you think the new albums going to be, and admit those titles are retarded as fuck. Please.

NEWSFLASH! People can have differing opinions. And...
Everyone here is trying to argue over opinions not based on any sort of fact just personal preference. Arguments such as these have no end and will never occur with rational discourse, just a lot of namecalling.

Anyway, Ocelot199 is a dick (not an insult, just an observation), so why would anyone expect to get any ground in an argument with him?

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 01:51 PM
First and foremost, I do not associate myself with Nebel.

Second and mostmost, some guy told us to stop bitching, and he is the boss, and I plan to listen to the boss.

Bye bye boo boo.
Okay, you don't associate with nebel, you're cool.

::hold::

:D

zac
03-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Well to actually talk about the song titles which now seems a little off topic since people are busy on here feeling badass by the words they type........For some reason when I read Lost Keys I didn't even think of it as a joke like about car keys, I was thinking more of how a key is something for opening things/unlocking something useful, so I was just thinking of it with more meaning. What I'm saying probably only makes sense to me, I seem to do that alot.... Call me an idiot if you want, that seems to be fun.

bluefire
03-06-2006, 01:52 PM
10,000 days sounds retarded. I am not proud to say that kind of name to people when discussing music I like.

Oh so you musical taste is about your image and what you can say to make people think you're "different and cool".

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Oh so you musical taste is about your image and what you can say to make people think you're "different and cool".
No, its about not associating with idiots who listen to stuff labeled "10,000 days", because that sounds retarded.

Rosette feasted
When I read the article for the first time, I read accidentally that the lyrics will be as simple as green day. I was almost in tears.

p.s:

Lost Keys = LK!!!!!

orange.juice
i like "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)". That would be a fucking great song title. Also, "Rosetta Stoned".
It´s all about hippies! LK is about Tim Leary´s failure.

Oh i hope so these are real. I will be sad if it turns out to be fake :(

Wretched
03-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Of course! Thats where the new title comes from!

Blair probably just sits around making a ticmark every time anyone says anything stupid here (every few seconds).

I think Blair just drinks, masturbates, and visits this forum. I actually have doubts he can even masturbate anymore after all the booze he stuffs into his system.

Zhelives
03-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Of course! Thats where the new title comes from!

Blair probably just sits around making a ticmark every time anyone says anything stupid here (every few seconds).

Haha, there would be a lot more than 10,000, unfortunately.

Nebel
03-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Okay, you don't associate with nebel, you're cool.

::hold::

You think you're pretty funny don't you? Yeah I know, you don't like me, I fucking despise you but at least I apologised for any personal attacks yet you didn't. I stick by my opinion, and I won't have someone like you try and attack me for the reason I come on this forum.

Wretched: Why even mention me?

tentonmantra
03-06-2006, 01:59 PM
ocelot go suck a dicklot

crybaby didn´t get the tracknames he wanted, now crybaby is sad...
muhmuhmuhmuh

it´s just music, c´mon
if the lyrics are good, that´s just a bonus...
tool don´t give a fuck about you

SHUT UP AND BUY IT.
BUY THEIR NEW RECORD!!!

("no way that´s a tool lyrics")

Wretched
03-06-2006, 02:00 PM
You think you're pretty funny don't you? Yeah I know, you don't like me, I fucking despise you but at least I apologised for any personal attacks yet you didn't. I stick by my opinion, and I won't have someone like you try and attack me for the reason I come on this forum.

Wretched: Why even mention me?

Because there are 10,000 ways to steal my heart baby,
but you found them all and then some
I hope you take me with you
and teach me about love
so that one day we can touch
and I can sing
and you can praise me

Nebel
Because there are 10,000 ways to steal my heart baby,
but you found them all and then some
I hope you take me with you
and teach me about love
so that one day we can touch
and I can sing
and you can praise me

Don't do that...

<3

Ocelot199
I think Blair just drinks, masturbates, and visits this forum. I actually have doubts he can even masturbate anymore after all the booze he stuffs into his system.
Oh, I know... the album is taking so long to come out because Blair wants to personally masturbate on each and every disk as it comes off the line.

Obviously that is hindered by his booze drinking and occult practices (raping children).

Hmm...

Chuck Norris is the man, but the man is clearly not the boss
My bad.

What would happen if the man and the boss had a battle?

End of existence?

Hahaha, notice how I've lightened up after flaming you and getting that out of my system?

Want more?

Have fun (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=37275)

assailing eyes
Well to actually talk about the song titles which now seems a little off topic since people are busy on here feeling badass by the words they type........For some reason when I read Lost Keys I didn't even think of it as a joke like about car keys, I was thinking more of how a key is something for opening things/unlocking something useful, so I was just thinking of it with more meaning. What I'm saying probably only makes sense to me, I seem to do that alot.... Call me an idiot if you want, that seems to be fun.

nice one for trying to get this shit back on topic. i kinda like that idea, apart from i'm still not convinced these are real titles and aren't just decoys, it's getting to the point i'll only believe it when i see the cd on the shelf. what im trying to say is, im trying not to read too deep into it at all yet.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 02:02 PM
ocelot go suck a dicklot

crybaby didn´t get the tracknames he wanted, now crybaby is sad...
muhmuhmuhmuh

it´s just music, c´mon
if the lyrics are good, that´s just a bonus...
tool don´t give a fuck about you

SHUT UP AND BUY IT.
BUY THEIR NEW RECORD!!!

("no way that´s a tool lyrics")
Did anybody else just totally not read this post?

I somehow don't think I'm the only one.

T-13h
03-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Did anybody else just totally not read this post?

I someone don't think I'm the only one.
I read it. Anyway, why the do you have such a hate-on for the tentative titles? They are not self-evidently stupid, to me.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 02:06 PM
You're so funny! You managed to claim me as king of the noobs! A winner is you! I know you're pretty well known around here but I honestly couldn't give a shit, its a forum, I stated my opinion, you stated yours, we flamed each other. The end.
I actually laughed at this post.

I still hate you.

But at least now we can hate each other in laughter.

buttsecks?

Dross
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM
LOL..

http://www.tenthousanddays.co.uk/nuke/html/

find out how old you are in days and find when you will be 10,000 days old.

"Your Ten Thousandth Day will be Monday, September 04, 2006"

LOL.. i'm getting old i guess.

Nebel
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM
I actually laughed at this post.

I still hate you.

But at least now we can hate each other in laughter.

buttsecks?

Aww, I still hate you too! *hug*

and I can't say no to buttsecks...

I'm also going to limit my posts here, people hate me :(

tentonmantra
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM
There, I fixed my typo for you, since you had so much trouble with it. Hope thats all better for you now.

oh you are so kind yet so strange sir mix a lot....

Wretched
03-06-2006, 02:10 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I don't. I just think you may be fighting an uphill battle even if I agree with *some* of what you are saying.

I most certainly do not think Ocelet is a bad guy, I dislike his opinion and after we had a spat, I decided to not give a fuck anymore.

Zhelives
03-06-2006, 02:11 PM

People hate me too, it's cool.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah, me too.

That went too far.

Sorry :/

I still hate those titles though.

And Nebel is still king newb.

Now lets all buttsecks each other up. Now.

Edit: To Wretched's post

orange.juice
03-06-2006, 02:13 PM
aww (http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/5318/show1final2fq.gif)

Wretched
03-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, me too.

That went too far.

Sorry :/

I still hate those titles though.

And Nebel is still king newb.

Now lets all buttsecks each other up. Now.

Edit: To Wretched's post

I'm holding your hand in my heart.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 02:18 PM
LO-FUCKING-L

I love it.

I love you.

Marriage?

I'm holding your hand in my heart.
How about "lap" or "crotch"?

It'd be funnier and sexier.

Wretched
03-06-2006, 02:19 PM
LO-FUCKING-L

I love it.

I love you.

Marriage?

How about "lap" or "crotch"?

It'd be funnier and sexier.

No, I'm a romantic. And I'm about pure white love, not that red love.

ATARI
03-06-2006, 06:11 PM

you is teh funnay

flipmojo
03-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Ocelot199 needs a ban or something. This person is way too beligerent in their postings. Any kind of decent discussion is ruined by a bunch of ranting and bashing of the other users in this forum. Maybe a warning should be issued first?

Anything to slow the destructive attitude they bring. This page went destructive for three full pages. It has happened in other threads before. This isn't new. He attacks everyone for awhile, and then decides to befriend a few people and single out others. It all adds up to nothing.

If you read this Ocelot199, please relax and take it easy in future postings - just ease back a little. It isn't healthy.

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Ocelot199 needs a ban or something. This person is way too beligerent in their postings. Any kind of decent discussion is ruined by a bunch of ranting and bashing of the other users in this forum. Maybe a warning should be issued first?

Anything to slow the destructive attitude they bring. This page went destructive for three full pages. It has happened in other threads before. This isn't new. He attacks everyone for awhile, and then decides to befriend a few people and single out others. It all adds up to nothing.

If you read this Ocelot199, please relax and take it easy in future postings - just ease back a little. It isn't healthy.
Hey, want me to come after you next? Cause I'll be all over your ass (literally) if you keep that shit going at me.

Or you could just, you know, not be a dick about it and single me out. I have no seen a single interesting or nice post in this subforum since it got moved. Everything here sucks ass. Its the bin of the bin.

tentonmantra
03-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I have no seen a single interesting or nice post in this subforum since it got moved. Everything here sucks ass. Its the bin of the bin.

yeah, and you have helped this happen....
stop bitching, bitch

flipmojo
03-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey, want me to come after you next? Cause I'll be all over your ass (literally) if you keep that shit going at me.

Or you could just, you know, not be a dick about it and single me out. I have no seen a single interesting or nice post in this subforum since it got moved. Everything here sucks ass. Its the bin of the bin.

Relax.

stinkfish
03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
"10.000 days" "lost keys "rosetta stoned"

HAHAHAHA,, what the fuck is this. it's fake. has to be. fucking embarrassing.

BlackTulip
03-06-2006, 08:12 PM
more like "rosetta stOWNED"

fripptronic
03-06-2006, 08:21 PM
i do hope these are the titles, purely for the sport of pissing on those who seem SO betrayed by them.

i can't wait for maynard to lose his keys onstage at coachella.

magnolia
03-06-2006, 08:48 PM
What about:

Opiate
Swamp Song
Disgustipated
Eulogy
Hooker With a Penis
Aenema
Ticks and Leeches

?

Good point. I can't wait for you all to do your backpedalling once you have the album in your hands, with the song titles right in front of you.

Idiotica
03-06-2006, 09:05 PM
they are fake titles so we all don't know what to download - hence no leaks.

tcM_Emperor
03-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Why exactly would Tool tell some magazine track names? Are you guys really this ignorant, they're giving fake track names to media outlets to prevent leaks, it's that simple. All the info will be released when the single comes this april.

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 09:14 PM
they are fake titles so we all don't know what to download - hence no leaks.

It takes much more than that to stop a leak. The first leaks of Lateralus were before the track titles were out. It took a great deal of work, but people managed to find one song from the artist "Tool" and the tag/title "New song". It was Parabola.

I haven't really been looking this time around, but I assume it's not actually out there yet, as it would at least get to someone on this site...I would think...

Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Ocelot, what's up? Somebody stepped on your foot? Before the 10,000 days title you where alot more relaxed.
The newbs finally got to me. I already said I'm sorry :(

I'm back to my usual uncaring emotionless self.

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Hell even some of the long time users are getting me annoyed.

Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I think the opposites are the funny part.

Half the people are decoding every letter from Blair's updates, and half are dick jokes.

Ticks and Leeches
03-06-2006, 09:44 PM
It's funny to watch these idiots over analyze and trample each other over a few scraps of information that may or may not be true. I bet Maynard is masturbating to this entire 10,000 Days fiasco.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Goldfoot
03-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Didn't Blair say the artwork for the new album would be leaked like a week ago?

March 3 to the 6th is NOT a week.

kabir
03-06-2006, 10:52 PM
wow this thread just got really dumb halfway through. =)

+void+
03-07-2006, 12:28 AM
I don't know how real these titles are but...Lost Keys...or whatever it's called could be referring to the much speculated "Lost Key" that unites the Hebrew and Muslim faiths. This would make sense considering the so-called "political" nature of this new album's lyrics.

...If "Lost Keys" is really the title.

Nemesis
03-07-2006, 12:30 AM
The band were big fans of the Da Vinci Code weren't they, I read the book, but can't remember, are these titles related to the book somehow??

Jorge
03-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Where did you hear they were fans of the Da Vinci Code?

ARMZ
03-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Another nice interview, thanks to who ever posted it.

3poundsoflove
03-07-2006, 12:54 AM
off topic: the Da Vinci Code is a very superficial book, read the Foucault Pendulum by Umberto Eco if you want a real good one.

Nemesis
03-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Where did you hear they were fans of the Da Vinci Code?

Well looking back over the Toolband posts from around April last year, there is a lot of mention of the book. It may just be Blair is a big fan, and not the band.

assailing eyes
03-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Another nice interview, thanks to who ever posted it.

my pleasure.

assailing eyes
03-07-2006, 03:21 AM
"Well so much for all the conspiracy theories. A reliable source confirms that the title is "10,000 Days." There it is! (Those of you complaining that it "doesn't sound like a Tool title" might want to refer back to other mathematically-themed names such as "Forty-Six & 2", "4 Degrees", "Parabola", etc.) It is sounding more and more like the album will be out at the start of May.

[Posted by Kabir]"

i wonder who the reliable source is.

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 03:29 AM
it must be Schism´s uncle.

seriously, i think IF this is a hoax, Kabir is involved.

assailing eyes
03-07-2006, 03:31 AM
it must be Schism´s uncle.

seriously, i think IF this is a hoax, Kabir is involved.

haha definately. my bet is the real album title goes out april fools day. and then no one believes it.

spiralion
03-07-2006, 03:36 AM
i wonder who the reliable source is. I heard from a reliable source that satan is the reliable source.

assailing eyes
03-07-2006, 03:42 AM
I heard from a reliable source that satan is the reliable source.
this kid knows whats up.

Boozy Eulogist
03-07-2006, 03:46 AM
The band were big fans of the Da Vinci Code weren't they, I read the book, but can't remember, are these titles related to the book somehow??

They made fun of it actually.

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 04:29 AM
10,000 days = 27 years

2006 - 27 = 1979

read the following:

In 1958, Albert Hofmann synthesized psilocybin, the active ingredient that makes "magic mushrooms" magic. In 1979, he wrote LSD: Mein Sorgenkind, which was translated into English as LSD: My Problem Child. His CD, Lob des Schauens ("In Praise of Observation"), was recorded only in German.

In 1979 he also wrote a book titled "Plants of the Gods: Origins of Hallucinogenic Use"

Maybe it's just me but 10,000 days, Albert Hofmann, LSD, Tool, spoken german language and magic mushrooms just makes perfect sense to me...

Not as song titles though... but I'd be on the lookout for something similar tho Die Eier on the new album

BTW the album is NOT entitled 10,000 days.

...rosetta broke my stones and my codes...

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Why not? I certainly hope it is.[/QUOTE]

Well, personally I have nothing against it, it has actually kinda grown on me but I just have a feeling it will be something else

my feelings and hunches aside though, Blair (among others) has confirmed it so let's say it will be called 10,000 days...

can't wait

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 04:51 AM
In 1979 he also wrote a book titled "Plants of the Gods: Origins of Hallucinogenic Use"

Yo i bought his book on LSD (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0966001982/sr=8-1/qid=1141735719/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8595238-8774367?%5Fencoding=UTF8) yesterday. It has a chapter about his journey to Mexico, where he describes how he took his synthesized Psilocybin pills to the shamans who did those mushroom celebrations and callings, when i read that i felt strongly remembered to Blair´s newsletter from his Mexico holidays. Really, it could have something in common. Hofmann also described how all the (western) people involved in the rituals had seen "mexican art" visuals and where surprised by that.

It is a good read

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 04:54 AM
I'll have to check that out.

So we might actually be onto something here...?

ArizonaBay
03-07-2006, 05:03 AM
Rossetta Stoned thats fuckin stupid. Tool are geniuseseses. Does this mean we can write off 10,000 days too?

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 05:06 AM
i don´t know, but i love the idea how Tool could actually try to picture that whole hallucinogenic stuff from a different view angle than they did with Lateralus.

Hofmann´s journey to Mexico was in September 1962, however the first redaction of "LSD: my problem child" appeared in 1979.

This could actually be something. In that book, he also writes about his thoughts on Dr. Timothy Leary, and how he is disappointed that his "medicine", LSD, was turned into THE drug in the sixties. If there are any, Timothy Leary is one person to blame for that (Cary Grant too).

Well when i read "Lost Keys (blame Hofmann)" yesterday, i thought "ka-ching, Leary" instantly. Could be because i was reading the book yeaterday.

ArizonaBay
03-07-2006, 05:10 AM
I do like what Maynard says about the political side of the album.

ArizonaBay
Hooker with a penis.

Very true

paralyzed_vampire
off topic: the Da Vinci Code is a very superficial book, read the Foucault Pendulum by Umberto Eco if you want a real good one.
I second that! Finally someone who questions what they're fed! (by the way it's Foucault's Pendulum, sorry i can be a bit pedantic...

As for the rocksound thing, it's good to see that Tool are still running circles around us, as usual. At least they're still as ambiguous as ever!

vic1torious
03-07-2006, 05:12 AM
tool probably didn't even record a new album, they're just fucking with us a bunch

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Hooker with a penis.

second that motion.

Cinnamon
03-07-2006, 05:25 AM
the titles don't mean much.. i mean, if they told us that some of the new titles from Lateralus were "the grudge," "mantra," and "reflection," before it was released, I would have thought it was stupid...

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 05:28 AM
yea but c'mon... rosetta stoned...lost keys

those pieces just don't seem to fit...

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 05:32 AM
i like them. Though yeah, they´re probably bullshit. If the titles are bullshit, 10,000 Days is too.

Like i said: Lost Keys = the sad story of Timothy Leary.

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 05:36 AM
Like i said: Lost Keys = the sad story of Timothy Leary.

I'm with you on THAT ONE.

Systolic
03-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) seems a LOT better than Rosetta Stoned...
That sounds like a name Limp Bizkit would give one of their songs...
Though Hooker With a Penis, at first glance, doesn't seem too terribly Toolish either.
I'm still not too enthusiastic about "10,000 days" though. It just seems fabricated to me.

TheInsideSource
03-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Face it guys, what we have here are three tracktitles from the new album... I would bet my life on the fact that these titles are real... I can imagine "Rosetta Stoned" being about drugs and the actual stone itself, same for the much talked about LK.

I can't see TOOL doing the same screw-around with the media thing again... Blair has posted on the website that "10,000 days" is the title, so it makes sense that the band are now giving the press titles...

Although I would have preferred it if the band gave TA members (like myself) the tracklisting first, but it wasn't meant to be.

We have 3 track titles, which are real, I will bet my life on it... So let's move on.

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 05:58 AM
oops...what an earth did I just stumble upon here?

http://mdma.net/alexander-shulgin/dr-ecstasy.html

...just some chatter about this guy alexander shulgin and LSD and Timothy Leary and the Rosetta Stone and some interesting molecular patterns...

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 06:10 AM
Here we go! The supposed "meaning" of the title 10,000 days.

" Every day the worldwide economy burns an amount of energy the planet required 10,000 days to create....We need a different kind of growth, one that reduces and changes the inputs of raw materials and energy, and simultaneously eliminates the outputs of waste."

- Paul Hawken, The Ecology of Commerce

politics, bush, oil, war... need I say more?

bozziodrummer000
03-07-2006, 06:11 AM
i will be extremely pissed if this album is political

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 06:12 AM
I just can´t find any of the names bad. On Rosetta Stone (wiki):

Rosetta Stone is also used as a metaphor to refer to anything that is a critical key to a process of decryption, translation, or a difficult problem, e.g., "the Rosetta stone of immunology", "thalamo-cortical rhythms, the Rosetta stone of a subset of neurological disorders", "Arabidopsis, the Rosetta stone of flowering time (fossils)".

?

bozziodrummer000
03-07-2006, 06:17 AM
rosetta stoned sounds like something a 6th grader would say and then giggle about

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 06:19 AM
also, Hooker with a Penis (giggle)

ArizonaBay
03-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Im not sure what i think of a political tool album. i study politics and its currently driving me up the wall, im not sure if i want it to invade yet another aspect of my life *runs and hides from politics*

Rubb.
03-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Rosetta is a lovely suburb. There are many stones there.

yerch
03-07-2006, 06:28 AM
If the album is political, or politically motivated, it is worth pointing out that Vietnam was also known as the ten thousand day war. Look it up.

orange.juice
03-07-2006, 06:29 AM
older than old old.

The Official Fiction
03-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Go home and destroy Aenima.

Touché!

Madklikor
03-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Here we go! The supposed "meaning" of the title 10,000 days.

" Every day the worldwide economy burns an amount of energy the planet required 10,000 days to create....We need a different kind of growth, one that reduces and changes the inputs of raw materials and energy, and simultaneously eliminates the outputs of waste."

- Paul Hawken, The Ecology of Commerce

politics, bush, oil, war... need I say more?

Without even going into politics and bush stuff, I like this explanation of the title, about how humans waste what is given to them.

costabear
03-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Does it really matter what the titles of the songs are? Or even the title of the album for that matter?

I mean would you really dislike Pushit if instead the name was something dumb?

Who gives a shit about the titles. All that matters is the actual music.

adda da suh
03-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) seems a LOT better than Rosetta Stoned...
That sounds like a name Limp Bizkit would give one of their songs...
Though Hooker With a Penis, at first glance, doesn't seem too terribly Toolish either.
I'm still not too enthusiastic about "10,000 days" though. It just seems fabricated to me.
do you know what the rosetta stone is?

assailing eyes
03-07-2006, 11:56 AM
do you know what the rosetta stone is?

There's a few theories floating around here somewhere, is there not?

STA
03-07-2006, 11:59 AM
There's a few theories floating around here somewhere, is there not?

We don't need people theorizing about what the Rosetta Stone is. Go to the British Museum and see it for yourself. While you're there, make sure you see the Elgin Marbles, too.

assailing eyes
03-07-2006, 12:09 PM
We don't need people theorizing about what the Rosetta Stone is. Go to the British Museum and see it for yourself. While you're there, make sure you see the Elgin Marbles, too.

i genuinely have no idea whether you're being sarcastic or not. honestly, i dont have a clue what the rosetta stone is, and i don't want to know just yet. i was just pointing out to someone it had been discussed earlier in the thread.

STA
03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
i genuinely have no idea whether you're being sarcastic or not. honestly, i dont have a clue what the rosetta stone is, and i don't want to know just yet. i was just pointing out to someone it had been discussed earlier in the thread.

No problem, mate. I am being serious, though, you should go see both of them if you have the chance.

assailing eyes
03-07-2006, 12:17 PM
No problem, mate. I am being serious, though, you should go see both of them if you have the chance.

If i'm ever near it, i shall certainly take a gander =]

Lateral Undertow
03-07-2006, 12:21 PM
I remember watching a documetary or something about it. But I don't remember much.

STA
03-07-2006, 12:32 PM
I remember watching a documetary or something about it. But I don't remember much.

The Rosetta Stone is what allowed us finally to understand Egyptian hieroglyphics. It's a stone - literally - with the same (partial) text inscribed in three different scripts. One of the three scripts was hieroglyphics, which up to that point we were unable to understand. Another of the scripts was Greek, which, of course, was perfectly readable. After about 30 years of study, researchers were eventually able to "decode" Egyptian hieroglyphics by comparing it to the Greek. (You should read up on how this was done and how hieroglyphics is read, it's fascinating.)

This is (one reason) why track titles of "Rosetta Stoned" and "Lost Keys" are interesting/suspicious/what-have-you. The Rosetta Stone is literally a lost key. (And, as someone else cleverly noted, it took about 10,000 days for researchers to decipher the hieroglyphics...) This is all meaningless conjecture, I'm sure, and the 10,000 days component is a massive stretch, but, as Blair would say, there it is.

Lateral Undertow
03-07-2006, 12:51 PM
The Rosetta Stone is what allowed us finally to understand Egyptian hieroglyphics. It's a stone - literally - with the same (partial) text inscribed in three different scripts. One of the three scripts was hieroglyphics, which up to that point we were unable to understand. Another of the scripts was Greek, which, of course, was perfectly readable. After about 30 years of study, researchers were eventually able to "decode" Egyptian hieroglyphics by comparing it to the Greek. (You should read up on how this was done and how hieroglyphics is read, it's fascinating.)

This is (one reason) why track titles of "Rosetta Stoned" and "Lost Keys" are interesting/suspicious/what-have-you. The Rosetta Stone is literally a lost key. (And, as someone else cleverly noted, it took about 10,000 days for researchers to decipher the hieroglyphics...) This is all meaningless conjecture, I'm sure, and the 10,000 days component is a massive stretch, but, as Blair would say, there it is.
Thanks, I actually found a website that sums it up real quickly and concisely. I think I am going to study more about the translation and such. From what you have told me and the little bit I found out from just googling it, it sounds very interesting.

mike09
03-07-2006, 01:05 PM
was it Andy King's review or the fake drum magazine review of "The Thorn" that said that the album sounded egyptian at times?

Nebel
03-07-2006, 01:05 PM
was it Andy King's review or the fake drum magazine review of "The Thorn" that said that the album sounded egyptian at times?

The fake drum magazine review of "The Thorn"

mike09
03-07-2006, 01:08 PM
fuck, it would have nicely connected with post #250

STA
03-07-2006, 01:08 PM

Andy King's said track six sounded "Native American" (and "for no good reason"); I don't think there was any mention of "Egyptian". I don't recall what was said about "The Thorn".

adda da suh
03-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I know what it is..I was just wondering if this guy did. I could care less what the meaning of the song is right now. I am stating that is an actual object of historical 'importance' And I had no idea it is kept in the U.K I will be in Leeds in July, and could maybe go check it out, or anything else cool if you have any recommendations?

adda da suh
03-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I saw Carl Sagan talk about it on an old episode of "Cosmos" pretty interesting.

mike09
03-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Andy King's said track six sounded "Native American" (and "for no good reason"); I don't think there was any mention of "Egyptian". I don't recall what was said about "The Thorn".

what exactly does "Native American" sound like? Did they/do they have their own form of music?

STA
03-07-2006, 01:20 PM
what exactly does "Native American" sound like? Did they/do they have their own form of music?

I have no idea what Andy King meant by that. In fact, I have no idea what to make of his review at all. As far as I know, Blair still hasn't commented on it, although I'm told that he mentioned several days ago that he'd be posting about it soon on Toolarmy. I've exchanged several emails with Andy about the review, which I promised I wouldn't post, and I must admit that he sounds sincere. However, I should also point out that his emails to me were peppered with plugs (for his website, for his radio show, for bands he's promoting . . . ), just like the moneyisevil/Andy King threads in this forum were.

That's a good question, though: Does anyone know what Native American music sounds like in general? Does it have a "general sound" at all?